Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,501 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

"Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? (35052 Views)

JAPA: Marry Your Man Before Coming To The UK - Nigerian Lady Advises / If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? / Lady Mocks Her Friend Who Is Childless After 2 Years Of Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by Omar09(m): 1:35pm On Jul 06, 2020
lexy2014:

Break down d "actual sense" in relation to friendship& adding value

That is a pun. grin grin
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by Kryptonvinyl(m): 1:38pm On Jul 06, 2020
Righteousness89:

How does being a pastor correspond to hearing from God! You must be a baby!

It's persons like you that can be Deceived and toiled with any how!

U don't have to be judgmental or to use demeaning words to prove a point. Act like ur moniker
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by ImaIma1(f): 1:39pm On Jul 06, 2020
lexy2014:

Am following ur line of reasoning except u didn't figure it out what u said b4 u said it. Already u are opening up another front about "qualities" when u haven't been able to to state specifically who a friend & how it relates to adding value

It is your reasoning you are have been following. Asking petty questions and beating about the bush. Asking "who is your friend". If you don't know what a friend is at this age, I can't help you.
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by princetemitee(f): 1:39pm On Jul 06, 2020
pls what is friend grin
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by bigcee(m): 1:40pm On Jul 06, 2020
emmabest2000:
Police is your friend
Marry police grin

1 Like

Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by Fabbyking: 1:43pm On Jul 06, 2020
seanwilliam:
stop confusing yourself jare... I wish I could hold u sir and give you a knockout... grin I real the bolded pass 5 times
hahahahha grin grin I think say na only me oo
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by DelphiOracle(m): 1:45pm On Jul 06, 2020
ELibraryNG:
If you ask me na who I go ask?

On a Serious note, if you have a best friend from the opposite sex, marry the person

Modified. - All those shouting FTC always, how much Una dey collect from nairaland?
what if u have a friend who is not well to do n u have a sincere admirer who is rich. Which one will you choose?

If u don't know FTC dey give joy.
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by Pweetyccee(f): 1:48pm On Jul 06, 2020
cryStill searching 4 d friend
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by sterlingD(m): 1:49pm On Jul 06, 2020
emmabest2000:
Police is your friend

Marry police grin

1 Like

Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by Penboy: 1:49pm On Jul 06, 2020
SmartPolician:
Everyone is screaming marry your friend, but they are forgetting something. The way a girl treats a friend is not the same way she treats a lover.

A girl may seem veryyyyyyyy nice when you guys are just friends, but you will see a different girl when you start "entering the place". grin

Then, she will make you to understand that for the fact that you didn't have any responsibilities to her as a friend that cannot be the same as a lover. You will start wondering if she's really the same person you once had as a friend.

My point is, while the idea of marrying a friend is good, there's always a huge cleavage between a friend and a lover.

Bros.. You've said it all jare.
Sometimes, she would think that she feels more connected to that her friend than to you as lover.

When she starts to date him nau, the whole situation changes.
#peace.

1 Like

Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by Segunsimple: 1:54pm On Jul 06, 2020
Yes. Trust in the Lord, delight also in Him and He shall bring to pass your good desires. God, our maker, is the only perfect match maker.
Righteousness89:
Before Marriage, seek God's Face for Direction. Very Important

As Humans, we are Extremely Limited..

God Speaks! God Directs! God Reveals! All you need is to seek Him with a Honest Heart!

Don't seek God Almighty with a Choice in mind! If not devil may also give u a dream...

I remember telling God years ago, that if I don't hear him, I won't Marry! I had so many people around me who were willing to marry me but my mind was made up.

Glory to God, He Gave me His Choice for me..

Hearing God eliminates Struggles! When things are looking funny, HE Shows up and fixes it because HE is only Committed to where He sends you!

It's what God Gives that He is committed to!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by DelphiOracle(m): 1:56pm On Jul 06, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
Hmm.

But if you look at it from another angle,marrying your friend might make you overfamiliar with him/her.
Which might kill the sexual attraction.

My opinion
some of my female friends used to think like that but later as they grow their thinking changed.

Sexual attraction comes naturally no matter who you are in love with
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by DelphiOracle(m): 1:57pm On Jul 06, 2020
joseph1832:
One would think they're promoting homosexuality. Lol. Then again, hardly have I seen a man having a woman as her best friend and hardly have I seen a woman having a man as his best friend.

hardly? A lot do. Though not advisable
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by Theophinio(m): 2:01pm On Jul 06, 2020
Righteousness89:

Bro it's not bad for you to have the kind or Spec of woman you want..

What I mean is try not to seek God with a specific woman in mind..

Now i understand you perfectly

1 Like

Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by lexy2014: 2:14pm On Jul 06, 2020
ImaIma1:

It is your reasoning you are have been following. Asking petty questions and beating about the bush. Asking "who is your friend". If you don't know what a friend is at this age, I can't help you.

Don't get emotional. It's a simple discussion. If d questions am asking are petty, am surprised that u couldn't answer any of them. Speaking of beating around d bush, it's questions I asked. I didn't make any assertion. It's u who made assertions. So it's u who has been beating around d bush cos u didn't even understand what u were saying
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by specimenG: 2:16pm On Jul 06, 2020
Do you reside in Ibadan?
I have a glo sim worth 5gig data for a week and 25k worth of airtime for 2k.
Call or chat me on 08062291428
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by ecowas: 2:19pm On Jul 06, 2020
yeah! marriage is from the heart shocked shocked
check out this for your life style

http://www.marjetsetter.com/
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by toprealman: 2:23pm On Jul 06, 2020
ImaIma1:
Falling in love with your friend is awesome and makes life and marriage easier.

I am a beneficiary of this cheesy
Our prayer is that the remaining chapters will turn out great too.
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by ImaIma1(f): 2:30pm On Jul 06, 2020
lexy2014:

Don't get emotional. It's a simple discussion. If d questions am asking are petty, am surprised that u couldn't answer any of them. Speaking of beating around d bush, it's questions I asked. I didn't make any assertion. It's u who made assertions. So it's u who has been beating around d bush cos u didn't even understand what u were saying

Seriously, I am not getting emotional. But you have taken to long to land or to make your point.

You keep asking questions like "who is a friend" that you should know. And the back and forth was beginning to make me dizzy.

There's nothing I said that I didn't understand. Point out one thing I said that I didn't understand.
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by Grandlord: 2:34pm On Jul 06, 2020
seanwilliam:
stop confusing yourself jare... I wish I could hold u sir and give you a knockout... grin I real the bolded pass 5 times
Some people on the quest to be motivational speakers with the latest catchphrases, spew BS and fan themselves grin cheesy

They're like, 'Am I making sense?'

No mothafvcker, you're not! cheesy

Most young, designer pastors do this and you see the church members nodding in agreement. Laff fit kill me cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by smiliyB(f): 2:35pm On Jul 06, 2020
joseph1832:
One would think they're promoting homosexuality. Lol. Then again, hardly have I seen a man having a woman as her best friend and hardly have I seen a woman having a man as his best friend.

You're right tho, our society won't even allow them be friend in peace without insinuating something negative...I wish I can have a male bestie sha embarassed I always envy those having opposite gender as their best friend.
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by gbolly1151(m): 2:43pm On Jul 06, 2020
Grandlord:
Some people on the quest to be

Most young, designer pastors do this and you see the church members nodding in agreement. Laff fit kill me cheesy cheesy
Most Christian trust their pastor more than God
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by olumide006: 2:44pm On Jul 06, 2020
WANT TO START A PROFITABLE BUSINESS?
WANT TO EARN A DEGREE AND GAIN A USEFUL SKILL?

LEARN HOW TO START A PROFESSIONAL CLEANING BUSINESS IN THIS INTENSE, ONLINE CERTIFICATION COURSE!

PROMO! PROMO!
₦35,000
NOW: ₦9,900

Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by ichidodo: 2:47pm On Jul 06, 2020
osamz007:
YOUR FRIEND NA DAT PERSON WEY GO DEY FOR YOU WHEN NO ONE DEY FOR YOU

YOUR FRIEND NA THAT PERSON WEY GO SUPPORT YOUR HUSTLE

YOUR FRIEND NA DAT PERSON WEY GO FIT UNDERSTAND YOUR DISPOSITION

YOUR FRIEND NA DAT PERSON WEY GO LOVE YOU IRRESPECTIVE OF CIRCUMSTANCES

YOUR FRIEND NA DAT PERSON WEY GO ALWAYS PUT YOU IN PRAYERS EITHER TO GOD ALLAH OR ELEDUMARE

IN CONCLUSION YOUR FRIEND NA DAT PERSON WEY GO STAND LIKE LONDON BRIDGE WEY NO GO FALL INSPITE OF ALL WATERS OF LIFE WEY PASS UNDER ALL WINDS WEY HIT AM ALL LOADS WEY E GO CARRY.
God go bless for this tin you talk..

1 Like

Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by Komu1048(m): 2:48pm On Jul 06, 2020
Righteousness89:
Before Marriage, seek God's Face for Direction. Very Important

As Humans, we are Extremely Limited..

God Speaks! God Directs! God Reveals! All you need is to seek Him with a Honest Heart!

Don't seek God Almighty with a Choice in mind! If not devil may also give u a dream...

I remember telling God years ago, that if I don't hear him, I won't Marry! I had so many people around me who were willing to marry me but my mind was made up.

Glory to God, He Gave me His Choice for me..

Hearing God eliminates Struggles! When things are looking funny, HE Shows up and fixes it because HE is only Committed to where He sends you!

It's what God Gives that He is committed to!

Please, help and explain further on how he show u, I’m seeking his face for a while now n I’m not seeing dream or speaking to me. Though he used to sometimes through dreams. And if u can help me with some scriptural passage to engage I will be very grateful
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by seanwilliam(m): 2:50pm On Jul 06, 2020
Grandlord:
Some people on the quest to be motivational speakers with the latest catchphrases, spew BS and fan themselves grin cheesy

They're like, 'Am I making sense?'

No mothafvcker, you're not! cheesy

lol.. and I hate that shit ehn.. congregation go dey do hmmmm, hmmmmm.. ...

One motivational speaker posted the picture below on my whatsap.. I curse am ehn

Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by hakeem4(m): 2:58pm On Jul 06, 2020
emmabest2000:
Police is your friend

Marry police grin

grin grin

1 Like

Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by seanwilliam(m): 3:00pm On Jul 06, 2020
IceQween:
Marriage is beyond physical appearance. Just marry the person you feel at peace with anytime you are together or better still that person you first call when good or bad thing happens to you aside your blood relatives!
that my friend na man.. he's the one I always run to anytime I get yawa, .. so I should marry friend wey be man ? grin
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by seanwilliam(m): 3:02pm On Jul 06, 2020
Komu1048:

Please, help and explain further on how he show u, I’m seeking his face for a while now n I’m not seeing dream or speaking to me. Though he used to sometimes through dreams. And if u can help me with some scriptural passage to engage I will be very grateful
if you can handsomely pay me, I will help you to find God.. he go follow you talk
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by tpraiz(m): 3:11pm On Jul 06, 2020
akaahs:
Ur friend in marriage is someone U have real affection, someone U re fond Of or U like, someone U have strong bond, someone that support and feel deep connection.
Summary ur friend is someone U can play, pray, or eat together.

What about sex

1 Like

Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by ufotty2001: 3:11pm On Jul 06, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
Hmm.

But if you look at it from another angle,marrying your friend might make you overfamiliar with him/her.
Which might kill the sexual attraction.

My opinion
Ashawooo.
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by jimcaddy(m): 3:15pm On Jul 06, 2020
My questions is... Does a guy and a girl make a perfect friendship without feeling being involved? Most women want a guy who is just friends with her and gives her the necessary care and attention without demanding for anything sexual in return. But most men will think that is being 'friendzoned' as they don't want to be that kind of a 'friend' to that girl without handling or making out or even sleeping with her. So the question is 'who is really a friend?'

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Woman Burnt Money Hidden Inside Laundry Basket By Husband / MIRACLE! After 12 Years Of Barrenness, Woman Gives Birth To Quadruplets - Photos / Extortion In The Name Of Aso Ebi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.