Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

"Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? (35054 Views)

JAPA: Marry Your Man Before Coming To The UK - Nigerian Lady Advises / If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? / Lady Mocks Her Friend Who Is Childless After 2 Years Of Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by Omoboricash(m): 12:29pm On Jul 06, 2020
Liposure:
isnt it risky considering the saying that your friend could be your worst enemy.
My wife and I has been on friend zone before one thing leads to another . we share so many thing when we were friends . she hide nothing from me . we are companion , always like to hang out together.
A true friend always remain a true friend no matter circumstances .

1 Like

Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by Karlifate: 12:30pm On Jul 06, 2020
emmabest2000:
Police is your friend
Marry police grin
Hahahahahaha......

3 Likes

Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by lexy2014: 12:31pm On Jul 06, 2020
ImaIma1:

You don't know who your friends are?

But in case you don't know, let me borrow from tobechi74

"anybody that adds value to your life"

Adding value in what sense?
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by Omar09(m): 12:31pm On Jul 06, 2020
joseph1832:
One would think they're promoting homosexuality. Lol. Then again, hardly have I seen a man having a woman as his best friend and hardly have I seen a woman having a man as his best friend.

Na because them call BESTIE na em deh confuse you?

You never hear BESTIE before ni? Mtchew!
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by Slynation(m): 12:32pm On Jul 06, 2020
HembaqMbk:
Marriage counsellors keep advising singles to always marry their friends. My question is - who really is your "Friend" ?. I believe answer to this question will help us understand all these "Marry your friend" preaching.

See thread where such advice was give - https://www.nairaland.com/5971268/marry-best-friend-bishop-chris

Please I implore married men and women on this forum to tell us what it means to marry your friend and who your friend is in the context of marriage.

Thanks.
This was exactly a similar scenario I thought about yesterday...
I have few ladies as friends which has lasted for about 4-8years & still counting, I mean very good friends, no sex attached neither do they have the parasitic behavior of exploitation & manipulation (perhaps to me tho) ...As a guy, it was quite difficult because as we all know, the preeq is autonomous and charges at will, sometimes the thought of going naughty on her do pops up but I was usually restrained by the choice of losing the friendship in case of rejection or satisfying my sexual urge.

So I was just thinking about my love journey yesterday, I noticed all the girls I've dated so far, Our relationship didn't start on gradual process, it accelerated from 0 to 60 under 1week...And I can guarantee you they all ended in tears

So now I want to channel my love to one of my female friends that can lead to marriage let me see how it goes...So OP pray for me oO, because I will be giving you a feedback of my personal experience grin

1 Like

Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by Omar09(m): 12:33pm On Jul 06, 2020
lexy2014:

In Actual Sense
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by ashiodimeh2020(f): 12:33pm On Jul 06, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
Hmm.

But if you look at it from another angle,marrying your friend might make you overfamiliar with him/her.
Which might kill the sexual attraction.

My opinion
I agree with u
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by lexy2014: 12:37pm On Jul 06, 2020
Omar09:

In Actual Sense

Break down d "actual sense" in relation to friendship& adding value
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by Bills2307(m): 12:44pm On Jul 06, 2020
ImaIma1:

Please de-mobilize them cheesy
This cracked me up. grin
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by WhyAWhy(m): 12:46pm On Jul 06, 2020
Marriage is one big pot of ila asepo.

Stories abound of people who married their BESSSSSSSSSSSST friends. There were the ideal couple, the best of the best and the envy of many but their marriage broke down in less than 3 years of marriage. I have come to the conclusion that marriage is a blind game of luck.

3 Likes

Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by ELibraryNG: 12:46pm On Jul 06, 2020
peterangelo:
wat if she don't wonna marry u

Na there Wahala dey. But why will a best friend that knows you well refused to marry you
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by ImaIma1(f): 12:53pm On Jul 06, 2020
lexy2014:

Adding value in every sense that benefits you.
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by Fearlez: 12:53pm On Jul 06, 2020
Doesn't always work.
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by joseph1832(m): 12:57pm On Jul 06, 2020
Ishilove:
Naptu2, what are we waiting for? cheesy
are you proposing? grin cheesy
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by Theophinio(m): 1:03pm On Jul 06, 2020
Righteousness89:
Before Marriage, seek God's Face for Direction. Very Important

As Humans, we are Extremely Limited..

God Speaks! God Directs! God Reveals! All you need is to seek Him with a Honest Heart!

Don't seek God Almighty with a Choice in mind! If not devil may also give u a dream...

I remember telling God years ago, that if I don't hear him, I won't Marry! I had so many people around me who were willing to marry me but my mind was made up.

Glory to God, He Gave me His Choice for me..

Hearing God eliminates Struggles! When things are looking funny, HE Shows up and fixes it because HE is only Committed to where He sends you!

It's what God Gives that He is committed to!

Insightful sir
I must say is extremely hard to seek God's choice for you in marriage without having a specific kind of woman you want in mind
I know God choice for me in marriage must be my kind of woman
#PEACE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by lexy2014: 1:04pm On Jul 06, 2020
ImaIma1:

Adding value in every sense that benefits you.

So if a person doesn't add value in every sense that doesn't benefit me, then that person isn't a friend?
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by ImaIma1(f): 1:07pm On Jul 06, 2020
lexy2014:

So if a person doesn't add value in every sense that doesn't benefit me, then that person isn't a friend?

Answer the question yourself. Is that person your friend?

There are more qualities that a friend should have. I am sure you can figure it out
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by ImaIma1(f): 1:09pm On Jul 06, 2020
Champneys:

Ori e ti daaru, iwo odensin yi!
Ubiak fokasibe your life dia.

Sai! A tang iko nte idad. Aya do ok.
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by Righteousness89(m): 1:12pm On Jul 06, 2020
Theophinio:

Insightful sir
I must say is extremely hard to seek God's choice for you in marriage without having a specific kind of woman you want in mind
I know God choice for me in marriage must be my kind of woman
#PEACE

Bro it's not bad for you to have the kind or Spec of woman you want..

What I mean is try not to seek God with a specific woman in mind..

1 Like

Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by gnykelly(m): 1:13pm On Jul 06, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
Hmm.

But if you look at it from another angle,marrying your friend might make you overfamiliar with him/her.
Which might kill the sexual attraction.

My opinion

I can't marry my friend... there will be no sexual attraction. just sexual chores

1 Like

Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by wonder233: 1:14pm On Jul 06, 2020
K
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by Theophinio(m): 1:15pm On Jul 06, 2020
mrkings84:
My friend is my friend na...
Abi my friend na your friend??

On a serious note, the only advice I will give to couples or intending couples is, LOVE SOMEONE YOU MARRY, DONT MARRY SOMEONE YOU LOVE.

Don't be confused about that statement. It means, even if it's an unavoidable situation that made u both become husband and wife just love yourselves cos that's the only way your marriage can be successful.

Saying u should not marry someone u love doesn't mean u should marry someone u hate..NO, but u will agree many people were lusting cos of maybe the current qualities their spouses had then, so what happens when those qualities are no longer available Hatred sets in, and the family is torn apart.... Love your wife, love your husband!

Thank You Sir
This is it
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by ImaIma1(f): 1:15pm On Jul 06, 2020
honest1480:
Marrying your friend means getting married to a lady or a man you both started without marriage intention at the initial point, but along the line you found that person to possess the qualities you desire in your future partner. It is not advisable to marry a stranger because the understanding you both need to live together as husband and wife might not be available. Meanwhile, to a greater extent, you understand your friend. I got married to my wife whom I met as a friend during our 200 level back then in Uniabuja. To the glory of God, we are living so happily as best of friends because we so much understand each other.

You captured it aptly. A true friend, not a frenemy.

Please lexy 2014 and yanabasee1. This says it all.
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by Austine34: 1:15pm On Jul 06, 2020
see below
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by Nickymichy(m): 1:16pm On Jul 06, 2020
In my opinion... Love should be one of the reasons you want to marry not the main reason... Friendship should the greatest reason for you to marry someone.. Your friend is someone that you share common goals and idea...you have the same thing in common...love fades but friendship can be sustained... When d love fades then your friendship will keep you going

1 Like

Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by Champneys: 1:17pm On Jul 06, 2020
ImaIma1:

Sai! A tang iko nte idad. Aya do ok.

Nte Ndade Baba e, Obo langido.
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by lexy2014: 1:18pm On Jul 06, 2020
ImaIma1:

Answer the question yourself. Is that person your friend?

There are more qualities that a friend should have. I am sure you can figure it out

Am following ur line of reasoning except u didn't figure it out what u said b4 u said it. Already u are opening up another front about "qualities" when u haven't been able to to state specifically who a friend & how it relates to adding value
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by wonder233: 1:18pm On Jul 06, 2020
Scam of the century: in Nigeria marriage is by criteria : especially religious, tribal and economic criteria. But we will be collectively deceiving ourselves with these hackneyed cliches "marry your friend".Mtcheeew
ELibraryNG:
If you ask me na who I go ask?

On a Serious note, if you have a best friend from the opposite sex, marry the person

Modified. - All those shouting FTC always, how much Una dey collect from nairaland?
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by Ishilove: 1:19pm On Jul 06, 2020
joseph1832:
are you proposing? grin cheesy
Naptu2 is even far. You sef what are we waiting for?? cheesy
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by joseph1832(m): 1:27pm On Jul 06, 2020
Ishilove:

Naptu2 is even far. You sef what are we waiting for?? cheesy
Lol. I'm waiting to have money like Dangote because there's "no romance without finance". grin

2 Likes

Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by membranus: 1:30pm On Jul 06, 2020
Kenny9857:

Awon space booker

I am curious

Does 'booking space' attracts any benefit?
Re: "Marry Your Friend" - Who Then Is Your Friend? by HembaqMbk: 1:35pm On Jul 06, 2020
Slynation:

This was exactly a similar scenario I thought about yesterday...
I have few ladies as friends which has lasted for about 4-8years & still counting, I mean very good friends, no sex attached neither do they have the parasitic behavior of exploitation & manipulation (perhaps to me tho) ...As a guy, it was quite difficult because as we all know, the preeq is autonomous and charges at will, sometimes the thought of going naughty on her do pops up but I was usually restrained by the choice of losing the friendship in case of rejection or satisfying my sexual urge.

So I was just thinking about my love journey yesterday, I noticed all the girls I've dated so far, Our relationship didn't start on gradual process, it accelerated from 0 to 60 under 1week...And I can guarantee you they all ended in tears

So now I want to channel my love to one of my female friends that can lead to marriage let me see how it goes...So OP pray for me oO, because I will be giving you a feedback of my personal experience grin

It will go well bro. Waiting patiently to hear more good news.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Woman Burnt Money Hidden Inside Laundry Basket By Husband / MIRACLE! After 12 Years Of Barrenness, Woman Gives Birth To Quadruplets - Photos / Extortion In The Name Of Aso Ebi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.