Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,900 members, 7,814,045 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK (54464 Views)

Immigration Stops 20 Intending Passengers From Leaving Nigeria At Lagos Airport / Joe Igbokwe: "Air Peace Blocked Me From Travelling, Shocked Me" / DON'T LISTEN TO Anyone Who Discourages You From Travelling Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by thiagoteres(m): 11:00pm On Jul 10, 2020
justwise:

You are making things up as you go.

Provide a link to support your claim

Please put a phone call through to home office and verify.
Lots of policies were dynamic at the peak of pandemic.
health surcharge was scrapped by government for NHS workers,yet those applying for visa extension after the announcement still paid. They are only just been refunded now. Yet this bit is not on the government website.
I am certain of what I wrote .

2 Likes

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Aussie2doc: 11:01pm On Jul 10, 2020
Golan007:

Don't be stupid.

No immigration officer would let you travel without valid paperwork.

UK Visas are not issued on arrival.
Ask yourself this simple question. Who authorised the special flight during this lockdown? You think 58 doctors are so stupid they don't know they need visa to enter UK? How did the 58 doctors know that there is a flight waiting for them at the airport when the border is closed? Always think. Some sets have gone earlier and they were all granted visa on arrival. They all have visa waiver for the journey and the flight was booked by UK govt. They were just scared all the doctors are running away.

12 Likes

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by incogni2o: 11:02pm On Jul 10, 2020
Golan007:
[s][/s]

They had no visa.

The immigration were doing their job.

Did you read they can get Visa on arrival,

Don't being ignorant
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by thiagoteres(m): 11:05pm On Jul 10, 2020
mimilyrics:
Health workers with valid leave in the UK, not in Nigeria. Even those with the expired 30-day vignettes have to wait till the VACs are open for applications to apply for a renewal of their vignettes.

People with expired vignette are being granted electronic visa waiver to travel .
Electronic because VACs were closed. You are stating the pre-covid procedure which I know.
This shouldn't even be up for argument.

1 Like

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Golan007: 11:06pm On Jul 10, 2020
[quote author=incogni2o post=91589883]
[s]Did you read they can get Visa on arrival,

Don't being ignorant[[/s]/quote]

Shut up.

Theres no such thing as visa on arrival in UK.

If they so desperately needed them as you guys want to believe, providing visas is as easy as ABC.

They had no visas hence no travel.

1 Like

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by 9jakool: 11:07pm On Jul 10, 2020
RTSC:

Nigeria is a poor country.

Nigeria Cannot pay you as much as the UK.

If you don't know this, it is sad.

Nigeria is a poor country that cannot afford to pay its doctors yet Nigerian lawmakers are some of the most well paid in the entire world. They are even more well-paid than UK lawmakers.

Snap out that delusion. Nigerians need to wise up.

6 Likes

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Golan007: 11:08pm On Jul 10, 2020
thiagoteres:

[s]People with expired vignette are being granted electronic visa waiver to travel .
Electronic because VACs were closed.
This shouldn't even be up for argument. [/s]

Did they provide any waiver document?

Is the UK government so inept that they don't update the immigration services of the nation from which they intend to receive personnel?
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Golan007: 11:09pm On Jul 10, 2020
[s]
thiagoteres:

health surcharge was scrapped by government for NHS workers,yet those applying for visa extension after the announcement still paid. They are only just been refunded now. Yet this bit is not on the government website.
[/s]

Stop beating around the bush.

Where was it stated in black and white that the UK granted waivers to medical personnel outside UK?
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by mimilyrics: 11:10pm On Jul 10, 2020
Sigh! The only allowance made is for NHS and healthcare workers whose visas expired and couldn't be renewed because of Covid-19.

UKVI itself has stated that people with expired visa vignettes will have to wait till VACs in their countries are open to applications to request for new vignettes. Even British Nationals have to wait till VACs are open to apply for passports if they need one for any reason.

Pls don't quote what the UKVI hasn't said; don't mislead people. You can't get an electronic visa waiver if you're a Nigerian National and it is not granted on case by case basis to Nigerians at all. Other countries with visa waiver agreements with UK can apply for visa waivers but not Nigerians because Nigeria has no such agreement with the UK.
thiagoteres:

The pandemic is a new frontier for everyone.
The concept of visa waiver that existed between UK and some countries has been extended to intending essential workers from from other countries. These people most likely hold the initial visa vignette which must have expired due to lock down.
The fact is you can get an electronic visa waiver to enable you pick up your BRP if your initial vignette is expired. This is granted on a case by case basis.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Minjim: 11:12pm On Jul 10, 2020
Ok....wait, what did I just read?
When was this

I thought International flight is on hold still end of pandemic why are we now hearing that people are trying to leave Nigeria and the Immigration is tell us that the only thing that prevented them was that they have no visa.

So those with visa had been travelling?
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by thiagoteres(m): 11:15pm On Jul 10, 2020
Golan007:
[s][/s]

Where was it stated in black and white that the UK granted waivers to medical personnel outside UK?

Do you agree that health surcharge was scrapped for NHS workers? (That was a popular news item ) .
Now go to the official government website and find a link to that policy change.
After doing that ,apply the same logic to what I have been saying all along.
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by mimilyrics: 11:16pm On Jul 10, 2020
They are not. Stop saying what UKVI hasn't said. There are no electronic visas for Nigerians. Any visa to a Nigerian national has to be on the person's passport. VACs are closed and UKVI has said that those with expired visa vignettes can apply for new vignettes once the VACs in their countries are open.
The only change in the visa application procedures (with the exception of provisions for NHS and healthcare staff) are for visitors stranded in the UK who would have had to return to their countries to make new applications.

thiagoteres:

People with expired vignette are being granted electronic visa waiver to travel .
Electronic because VACs were closed. You are stating the pre-covid procedure which I know.
This shouldn't even be up for argument.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by laiperi: 11:17pm On Jul 10, 2020
You spend all your time blaming politicians, this is another money and talent laundering. Nigeria should open the Treasury so that you can help yourselves because you got free medical education.

Imagine if Britain and America got a plane to export their medical workers to Siberia and China for starving wages.

Nigeria must stop training these ingrates and replace all of them with community health officers that cannot be exported.

Money money money. Is that what made Russia, China and Scandinavian countries. After covid19, they will be sent back to their villages. Without papers, they will be hiding, doing odd jobs and sending pictures home that they have made it.

The next thing you hear, they have been deported or shot on sight by police.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by otokx(m): 11:18pm On Jul 10, 2020
A lot of things are happening in Nigeria, COVID19 just exposed a lot of security flaws in the aviation ministry.
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Crochet: 11:18pm On Jul 10, 2020
You can not run we all die here

1 Like

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Golan007: 11:18pm On Jul 10, 2020
thiagoteres:

Do you agree that health surcharge was scrapped for NHS workers? (That was a popular news item ) .
Now go to the official government website and find a link to that policy change.
After doing that ,apply the same logic to what I have been saying all along.

Simply point to any document that states certain essential professionals, mostly in the medical field, are being granted fast-tracked arrival settlement documents or even visas on arrival.

All this peregrination would be unnecessary.

2 Likes

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by thiagoteres(m): 11:19pm On Jul 10, 2020
mimilyrics:
They are not. Stop saying what UKVI hasn't said. There are no electronic visas for Nigerians. Any visa to a Nigerian national has to be on the person's passport. VACs are closed and UKVI has said that those with expired visa vignettes can apply for new vignettes once the VACs in their countries are open.
The only change in the visa application procedures are for visitors stranded in the UK who would have had to return to their countries to make new applications. NHS and healthcare workers have been granted visa application and IHS fee waivers.

Please provide an official link not news item to the IHS waiver bit.
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by DiagnoPolitics: 11:21pm On Jul 10, 2020
Idyllic:

Stop saying what you don't know. During this COVID pandemic, UK has started visa waivers for doctors who want to travel to UK to resume work. Go to UKVI website and stop displaying your ignorance with boldness on a public forum

Please give us the actual direct website link that says UK granted Nigerian doctors visa-waivers? I wanna research this, I don't really trust the immigration officers.

5 Likes

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Goddys(m): 11:21pm On Jul 10, 2020
By the time the billionaires and politicians would know what is happening, thousands of our doctors will sneak out through seme border and board UK flight from Lome.

The poor have nothing to lose. The poor are ready whenever death calls cuz its a win-win to some extent.

The rich that has embezzled and destroyed the economy will rely on their billions of naira to save them, by then they would gnash their death on realizing that better life equates to better infrastructures.

The pandemic is yet to start. It hasn't even begun
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Correcto: 11:22pm On Jul 10, 2020
Tell them to get a good visa and nobody will stop them
murphyibiam15:

If you need them most then your government should pay them.. Nothing is free afterall your SINators and useless politicians are earning bogus amount for doing nothing.. Nigerians hate themselves eh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by grandstar(m): 11:22pm On Jul 10, 2020
murphyibiam15:
Enemies of progress.. See the kind of flimsy excuse they're giving.. They should simply say they're jealous the Drs are moving away from this shithole called Nigeria to where things work
They can't continue to hold them back for long, that I'm sure
The country the docs are travelling to already made arrangement for them and is it that they don't know what is called visa on arrival? That is uk's headache not Nigeria undecided

The reasons given are valid. Have you been refused entry before? It is back to Nigeria. They should have had their travel documents complete.

Don't blame an undertaker for doing his job

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by okonlahwon: 11:24pm On Jul 10, 2020
99.9% of us, one way or the other contributing to this mess we find ourselves in this country. Imagine someone in his right sense blaming immigration for stoping 54 people boarding plane to U.K without passport. Can such happen in the U.k they going? Our system is so unorganized that anything goes or it's that our level of corruption is so deep that we can no longer differentiate between black and white?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Correcto: 11:24pm On Jul 10, 2020
To coming to UK without Visa? Big fat lie
Golan007:
[s][/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by mimilyrics: 11:25pm On Jul 10, 2020
I will indulge you because I would like you to show where it was stated that the automatic visa and IHS extensions for NHS and healthcare workers extended to doctors without valid leave in the UK. Whatever concessions made for NHS and healthcare workers are just for them. Read the link below for information on foreign NHS staff and healthcare workers in the UK, British citizens needing passports, expired visa vignettes and more guidance regarding visa applications. Note that the guidance is divided into 2 sections (those in the UK and those outside the UK)
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-advice-for-uk-visa-applicants-and-temporary-uk-residents#outside-uk
thiagoteres:

Please provide an official link not news item to the IHS waiver bit.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Golan007: 11:25pm On Jul 10, 2020
Correcto:
To coming to UK without Visa? Big fat lie

Abeg epp me tell dem.
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Correcto: 11:26pm On Jul 10, 2020
Lol UK don't issue such arrival visas for doctors. If you want to leave get a visa just like everyone.
murphyibiam15:

Kiddo there is something called visa on arrival undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by hopesony: 11:26pm On Jul 10, 2020
Please, note that these 58 doctors were granted waivers by the UK government hence they sent the flight to come pick them. Initially had their visas and were billed to have travelled before international flight restrictions were imposed. This is a special waiver granted to these essential health workers because their services is highly needed by the NHS-UK. They already have jobx waiting for them.

6 Likes

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Judybash93(m): 11:29pm On Jul 10, 2020
They're talking as if educated people don't know what suffering is... Almost everyone wants to leave Nigeria. Country wey get money but the people no get shishi
Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by Correcto: 11:29pm On Jul 10, 2020
Just get a good visa and leave. UK don't offer visa on arrival. It is an insult to let them go without Visa. It show our aviation professionals are clowns.
golddare:

Thats what happens when you pay professionals peanuts. They should not worry, last last tradomedical doctors will take over.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by DiagnoPolitics: 11:30pm On Jul 10, 2020
Idyllic:

See, I don't have time to argue with you. Of course, I know that visa on arrival is different from visa waiver and I didn't say UK has started visa waiver for Nigerians. I said for doctors. During this COVID period, if you are a doctor from anywhere in the world and you have a job offer in the UK. You can travel to the UK without visa. They started it during this COVID period because UK visa office in Nigeria and many other places are closed because of the pandemic. That's why they put that in place so that doctors who want to travel to UK to resume job can do that. Hopefully, when UK get across to NIS on this issue, it will make headline. Au revoir

Oga post the damned link! You talk too much!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by justwise(m): 11:32pm On Jul 10, 2020
thiagoteres:

Forget about NHS surcharge waiver and visa extension for NHS workers, we know about that and it was published on their website but this lies about visa waiver or visa on arrival takes the lies to another level

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Immigration Stops 58 Doctors From Travelling To The UK by mofedamijo(m): 11:32pm On Jul 10, 2020
There is something fishy about the Doctors and i must applaud the Immigration for stepping up. Some illiterates are busy insulting the country for doing a good job. Nigerians are Nigeria's major problem. A chartered flight left Nigeria for U.S.A some days ago and there was no issue with the flight, certainly, there is something fishy with this flight.

My guess is that the U.K needs these doctors hence the urgent arranged flight, however, on a normal day, they don't want us close to their embassy. If the U.K really needs them asap, then the embassy should open up for them and issue them the right visas.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

7 Places You Must Visit As An Adult In Your Lifetime! / Japa: Don't Insult Nigeria If You Fall Under These Kind Of People (opinion) / Helicopter Crashes Into A Building In Ikeja, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.