Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,685 members, 7,813,276 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:02 AM

58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm (65396 Views)

17 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 305, 7 Deaths, 58 Discharged / Coronavirus: Pictures Of Screening Equipment For Travellers At Lagos Airport / Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jul 11, 2020
Chartey:

The NES is like the NHS but private. They can arrange for that and they indeed did.
eerrr.. i don't think so, the NES or whatever you call them cannot be like the NHS, if you say their are job agency, well.. maybe.

The NHS is with the UK government not a private job agency.

1 Like

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by frog12: 11:23pm On Jul 11, 2020
WHY should any GOVT allow its DOCTORS to escape in these times

even the US bought the whole world supply of REMDESVIR

Chartey:

They had passed and had GMC registration. Meaning they've all been licensed to practise in the UK. The lockdowns just prevented them from going till this arrangement came up.
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Correcto: 11:23pm On Jul 11, 2020
Big fat lie!!!!
Chartey:

The NES is like the NHS but private. They can arrange for that and they indeed did.
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Akolawole(m): 11:23pm On Jul 11, 2020
poiunt:

Madam, show me where it written in the article they had passed plab?

Can't you see that this is a scam organised by professional scammers

So it is only Nigerians that has doctors needed by the Uk??

Agreed 100%
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Chartey(m): 11:23pm On Jul 11, 2020
Futuragetty:

I'm supporting FG on this move. Did you forget that those MD's Took oath to save lives. Why would they think of leaving in no other time than this covid-19 pandemic? we already have a few doctors available for our enormous population? Id delist them from NMA list if I was president. They're so selfish!

Have you ever seen that oath before? If you have, you'll know the first responsibility of a doctor is to take good care of him/herself.

3 Likes

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Chartey(m): 11:24pm On Jul 11, 2020
poiunt:

Pls stop misinforming people

This is a scam by fraudsters

Uk banned all flight from Africa, also to practice in the UK as a doctor you must have written and passed plab1 and plab2 and be a registered member of their doctor council.
If you don't have info, just be quiet. Are you a doctor?

1 Like

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by poiunt: 11:24pm On Jul 11, 2020
Chartey:

They're normally supposed to pay for their own flight. Since there were no passenger flights, the NES chartered one for them and paid part of it since it would have been too expensive for them. So the 500 pounds was their part of the flight fare.

I guess you were there when the NES chattered flight for Nigerian doctors

The NES didnt see to employ doctors from the European Union, it is from only Nigeria they thought of

You guys think, think, It is easier for the UK to get Free doctors from the EU than Nigeria

This is organised fraud by some scammers

3 Likes

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Ayemileto(m): 11:25pm On Jul 11, 2020
gypsey:
Right, did the UK government approved their landing in the UK also? if they did, why didn't the UK immigration or government not inform the nigeria immigrations to that of their intentions? why did the doctors not make any contact with or to their said employers in the UK to support their claims atleast?

you know? so many nigerians including some.nigerian leaders thought that husppupi was a legit business man. grin until....he was arrested

Read the previous news and this article bro!

It's a private company that is taking them to the UK, and according to the article, and the email, the UK government already approved and issued them Visa waiver, which allows them to apply for visa upon arrival.

Also, from the first news, NIS denied them travelling because a particular law, which they quoted in that news, stated that no one can leave the borders of Nigeria, except they have a valid Visa of the destination country.

In this case, they don't have Visa, but ordinary waivers sent to their Emails. And even if they wanted to place calls, I don't think those customs officer will want to listen.

What I know is that No scammer will scam just 58 people, when they had the opportunity to scam much more.

Also, why will they go through that stress of conducting exams and interviews for them?

And it's only those who passed the exams and interviews that were asked to pay.

And not just that, they obtained approval for the plane to land in Nigeria and even sent the Chartered flight.

And how much did they collect?

£500!!

It does not fit into a scam description.

3 Likes

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by WaleRock: 11:26pm On Jul 11, 2020
See the bigger picture.

THIS IS BRAIN DRAIN!

A thinking people fully understand the grave implications of this exodus of doctors and other brilliant citizens of Nigeria.

The world doesn't revolve around the needs or wants of a few people.
I don't blame the doctors though.

Fire on the roof!

1 Like

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Chartey(m): 11:26pm On Jul 11, 2020
gypsey:
don't mind him, to travel from nigeria to UK you must have a visa there is no such thing as visa waiver or without the UK immigrations not informing the nigerian immigrations about it. some smart scammers have used the closure of UK consulate in nigeria to scam them
The NES is a very big organisation in the UK although not as big as the NHS. They certainly have the power to apply for waivers for doctors which they did.

1 Like

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by poiunt: 11:26pm On Jul 11, 2020
Chartey:

If you don't have info, just be quiet. Are you a doctor?

Stop asking dumb questions, are you a doctor?

Can't you read and see that this is an organised scam.

2 Likes

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Chartey(m): 11:27pm On Jul 11, 2020
Ayemileto:

If it's a scam, then why will the plane come around?

The Airplane they were to board had to leave empty after they were prevented from boarding it.

This was stated in the first news that came out yesterday or 2 days ago.

Are you minding these oversabi people

2 Likes

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by eaglechild: 11:28pm On Jul 11, 2020
poiunt:

the article didnt make mention of Plab.

Plab 1 is written in Nigeria, the next exam is in September and you do not do interview to write plab 2

plab 2 is written in the UK

PLAB 2 was cancelled but the restart date is from 13 August 2020

Mr, they collected 500 pound from 54 people that is 27,000 pounds
It wasn't a scam.
There was a break in communication between UKVI, NIS and the presidential task force on the COVID 19 pandemic that prevented them from leaving

1 Like

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by saxywale1: 11:28pm On Jul 11, 2020
Scam aiye grin

£500 don enter voicemail. The moment they asked for money, that's how you know it's a scam. Any job that tells an hire or applicant to contribute money for flight, for laptop, for printer, e.t.c. is a scam.

No recruitment firm in a developed country asks for money. None.

3 Likes

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Chartey(m): 11:28pm On Jul 11, 2020
frog12:
it SAID written EXAMS.

IT did not say PLAB exam. maybe the company's exams.

I assume you're not a doctor because you don't even understand the PLAB you're mentioning
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by studentofTruth: 11:29pm On Jul 11, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
The same FG that pays politicians 10x the salary of a consultant.
Now you're bringing Hippocratic oath,know that this oath is not restricted to a particular country, especially this zoo of a country.
This same zoo where hazard allowance is 5k grin grin
Doctors can choose where they decide to save lives from,it's their right!!
Why don't you tell your even more selfish FG to give better pay and better working conditions to these doctors?

It's 25x! For sitting thrice a week talking rubbish.
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Ayemileto(m): 11:30pm On Jul 11, 2020
poiunt:

The NES didnt see to employ doctors from the European Union, it is from only Nigeria they thought of

Did you just say this??

Get your facts right bro. The internet is there for you.

Nigeria doctors in USA, UK and Australia are thousands in numbers as far back as few years ago when I last checked the statistics.

Ensure you check on the official government website, for the official figures.

That's all I will say.
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by poiunt: 11:32pm On Jul 11, 2020
Chartey:

The NES is a very big organisation in the UK although not as big as the NHS. They certainly have the power to apply for waivers for doctors which they did.

Waivers for doctors from Nigeria when in the EU there are lot of doctors

Look at NES Vacancy for resident doctors

The minimum requirement for an applicant to the MO position is 2 years' post-registration experience, which will include a mixture of medicine and surgery

So how are they qualified to practise in the Uk if they are not members of the of the UK medical union

https://neshealthcare.co.uk/vacancies/medical-officer/

2 Likes

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Chartey(m): 11:32pm On Jul 11, 2020
poiunt:

There is nothing like that in medical circles

Where visas are waived because of doctors from developing countries like Nigeria.

Even go to the Uk embassy site, there is no info of any need of doctors
Just answer.
Are you a doctor?
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jul 11, 2020
Ayemileto:

Read the previous news and this article bro!

It's a private company that is taking them to the UK, and according to the article, and the email, the UK government already approved and issued them Visa waiver, which allows them to apply for visa upon arrival.

Also, from the first news, NIS denied them travelling because a particular law, which they quoted in that news, stated that no one can leave the borders of Nigeria, except they have a valid Visa of the destination country.

In this case, they don't have Visa, but ordinary waivers sent to their Emails. And even if they wanted to place calls, I don't think those customs officer will want to listen.

What I know is that No scammer will scam just 58 people, when they had the opportunity to scam much more.

Also, why will they go through that stress of conducting exams and interviews for them?

And it's only those who passed the exams and interviews that were asked to pay.

And not just that, they obtained approval for the plane to land in Nigeria and even sent the Chartered flight.

And how much did they collect?

£500!!

It does not fit into a scam description.
okay, if you think or say so, eventually the whole information will be out, so the people who messed it up for them are the nigerian immigrations, there own country's immigrations.

1 Like

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by poiunt: 11:35pm On Jul 11, 2020
Ayemileto:

Did you just say this??

Get your facts right bro. The internet is there for you.

Nigeria doctors in USA, UK and Australia are thousands in numbers as far back as few years ago when I last checked the statistics.

Ensure you check on the official government website, for the official figures.

That's all I will say.

Yes there are Nigerian doctors in the US, Uk and Australia

But before you must qualified to be a doctor in those countries, you must have written various qualification exams and also registered in their respective medical association who will give you licence to practice.
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Chartey(m): 11:35pm On Jul 11, 2020
poiunt:

Waivers for doctors from Nigeria when in the EU there are lot of doctors

Look at NES Vacancy for resident doctors

The minimum requirement for an applicant to the MO position is 2 years' post-registration experience, which will include a mixture of medicine and surgery

So how are they qualified to practise in the Uk if they are not members of the of the UK medical union

https://neshealthcare.co.uk/vacancies/medical-officer/

You don't even know what GMC registration is.
Confusing it with a union.
I see you're not a doctor and possibly dislikes doctors.
In addition, you're stubborn and not ready to learn from people in the system.
Continue your agenda. Bye.

8 Likes

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by poiunt: 11:36pm On Jul 11, 2020
Chartey:

Just answer.
Are you a doctor?

You, Are you?

You keep writing lot of misinformation

to practice as a medical doctor in any country, you have written their qualification exams to earn you a license to practice.
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Nobody: 11:36pm On Jul 11, 2020
Chartey:

right, this the NES are they like an employment agency? i know that employment agencies can apply for bulk visas for their employees.
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Ghostmode2two(m): 11:37pm On Jul 11, 2020
They better free the doctors because Na confirm kpogri be that. This country tire person, see as efcc guys dey move cash up and down
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by poiunt: 11:38pm On Jul 11, 2020
Chartey:

You don't even know what GMC registration is.
Confusing it with a union.
I see you're not a doctor and possibly dislikes doctors.
In addition, you're stubborn and not ready to learn from people in the system.
Continue your agenda. Bye.

So how do i dislike doctors when i know most of their requirements

To qualify for GMC registration, you must have written and passed Plab 2
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by poiunt: 11:39pm On Jul 11, 2020
eaglechild:

It wasn't a scam.
There was a break in communication between UKVI, NIS and the presidential task force on the COVID 19 pandemic that prevented them from leaving

It is scam.. break in communication ko, break in communication ni

3 Likes

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by DBestDoc(f): 11:40pm On Jul 11, 2020
frog12:
it SAID written EXAMS.

IT did not say PLAB exam. maybe the company's exams.

PLAB and IELTS are the only possible exams those guys did to qualify to work in the UK.
You're not in the health sector hence, your limited knowledge on this.

No recruitment agency sets exams for any doctor. In fact, these agencies literally beg you to come in through them. Skype interviews is the standard.

As for those shouting scam scam, what you don't know is bigger than you. Multiply £500 by the number of passengers and research on how much it would cost to fly a return plane from the UK to Nigeria, the answer you'll get will clear your doubts.

6 Likes

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Ayemileto(m): 11:40pm On Jul 11, 2020
poiunt:

the article didnt make mention of Plab.

Plab 1 is written in Nigeria, the next exam is in September and you do not do interview to write plab 2

plab 2 is written in the UK

PLAB 2 was cancelled but the restart date is from 13 August 2020

Mr, they collected 500 pound from 54 people that is 27,000 pounds

But they could have collected from much more people.

The 58 were only those who passed the written exam and interview.

Also, they also got landing approval from the Nigerian government and actually sent the Chartered flight, which NIS prevented the doctors from boarding.

So, if it's scam, why will they go through all this stress?

By the time you do the plus and minus of all the expenses and income, what will be their gain?

The timeframe (from January), exam, Skype interview, chartered flight, and collecting £500 from just 58 people (when they could have gotten from much more people that applied) doesn't fit a scam description.

However, you're free to believe whatever you want though.

This will be my last reply to you.

5 Likes

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Chartey(m): 11:41pm On Jul 11, 2020
poiunt:

Yes there are Nigerian doctors in the US, Uk and Australia

But before you must qualified to be a doctor in those countries, you must have written various qualification exams and also registered in their respective medical association who will give you licence to practice.
A council gives you a licence not an association. If you're coming to Nigeria to practice, you'll also need an MDCN licence. It's standard practice and all doctors know these things.
There are many doctors who've passed PLAB 2 and obtained GMC registration but couldn't go to take up jobs because of the lockdown. Those who got jobs under the NES are the ones this arrangement was made for which was unfortunately sabotaged after Sega made noise about it on Twitter. The Nigerian Immigration were fully aware but had to backtrack to save face following the uproar.

Some doctors who had matched for residency in the USA after their USMLE steps were also taken to Togo and to America by chartered flight just recently. These things are happening and those of us one the inside are aware.

Now that you have your insider information, are you happy?

7 Likes

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by HBB1(m): 11:42pm On Jul 11, 2020
saxywale1:
Scam aiye grin

£500 don enter voicemail. The moment they asked for money, that's how you know it's a scam. Any job that tells an hire or applicant to contribute money for flight, for laptop, for printer, e.t.c. is a scam.

No recruitment firm in a developed country asks for money. None.

NES will deduct it from their Salary.
That's how they work!
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Chartey(m): 11:42pm On Jul 11, 2020
poiunt:

So how do i dislike doctors when i know most of their requirements

To qualify for GMC registration, you must have written and passed Plab 2
I've told you the complete story now. I hope you can understand now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos / 15 Health Benefits Of Cucumber / Help: What Food Can Help Me Regain Back My Strength?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.