Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,790 members, 7,813,613 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm (65402 Views)

17 New Cases Of Coronavirus In Nigeria. Total 305, 7 Deaths, 58 Discharged / Coronavirus: Pictures Of Screening Equipment For Travellers At Lagos Airport / Share Your Experience(s) With Nigerian Doctors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by studentofTruth: 11:45pm On Jul 11, 2020
What's all these argument about. Those guys are probably going for their Plab 2 exams. Some agencies organize tutorials for them before the exams and help fix the successful ones in private hospitals with vacancies.
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by HBB1(m): 11:45pm On Jul 11, 2020
poiunt:

It is scam.. break in communication ko, break in communication ni

Why don't you keep quiet!

Its obvious you know nothing about this.

3 Likes

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jul 11, 2020
Scam. They don't even have license to practice
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by redsun(m): 11:47pm On Jul 11, 2020
How could they have entered the UK without visas? That must be a big scale and systematic brain drain syndicate that is leaving the country even more vulnerable.

Education is becoming more and more useless in Nigeria and the few relatively well-educated ones that studied when the education system had a bit of credulity and academic values are abandoning the drinking ship.

In Nigeria at the moment, most secondary schools systematically organise with parents/guidance, exams board officials, police and community leaders to aid students in exam malpractices in national and continental standardised exams such as JAMB and WASSCE. And the same disruptive process repeats itself in the universities.no handouts or sex, no pass.

Exam times in Nigeria are times for schools to rake in millions by collecting money from students to help them cheat. Parents play along with willing with the belief that they are helping their children, completely oblivious of the fundamental harm they are causing their children and the nation.

1 Like

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by poiunt: 11:49pm On Jul 11, 2020
Chartey:

A council gives you a licence not an association. If you're coming to Nigeria to practice, you'll also need an MDCN licence. It's standard practice and all doctors know these things.
There are many doctors who've passed PLAB 2 and obtained GMC registration but couldn't go to take up jobs because of the lockdown. Those who got jobs under the NES are the ones this arrangement was made for which was unfortunately sabotaged after Sega made noise about it on Twitter. The Nigerian Immigration were fully aware but had to backtrack to save face following the uproar.

Some doctors who had matched for residency in the USA after their USMLE steps were also taken to Togo and to America by chartered flight just recently. These things are happening and those of us one the inside are aware.

Now that you have your insider information, are you happy?

Stop you lies and stop writing down all the stuff you read on blogs

Pls read what is in that letter, it is different from what you are writing here

Visa waiver when they are not diplomats

Gmc registration can only be done in the UK before you can even get a job.

If you are not a British citizen, or a national of a country in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, you will need a visa before you travel to the UK. To obtain a visa, you need to meet the requirements of UKVI, which is responsible for managing migration in the UK.(this was written on the NHS site)

https://www.healthcareers.nhs.uk/working-health/overseas-health-professionals/immigration-rules

so stop your misinformation and lies, USMLE is cancelled till further notice.

1 Like

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by sportFX: 11:50pm On Jul 11, 2020
It was a well planned scam from beginning, they knew UK has no option for visa on entry.
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by poiunt: 11:52pm On Jul 11, 2020
HBB1:

Why don't you keep quiet!

Its obvious you know nothing about this.

You are the one that need to keep quiet

Where in the UK can a foreigner from a developing country enter the UK without visa

Pls cut your head off, it is useless and hardly think.
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Aussie2doc: 11:54pm On Jul 11, 2020
poiunt:

the letter, the pay smell of scam

For a doctor to practice in the Uk, he or she must have written and passed plab 1 and 2 also the Uk ban all flight from Nigeria, so how will they travel.
This is not scam. Maybe you don't know NES. And you should ask yourself....will scammer pay for chartered flight? How much is the gain left for the scammer? NES won't find job for you without passing plab2 so read the article very well before you keep shouting scam. It was very real and NIS just intentionally sabotaged them albeit for a short period

3 Likes

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by LaReinaa(f): 11:54pm On Jul 11, 2020
Why are they stopping them

If they won’t value and pay them what they deserve to be paid they should atleast let them go..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by poiunt: 11:57pm On Jul 11, 2020
Aussie2doc:
This is not scam. Maybe you don't know NES. And you should ask yourself....will scammer pay for chartered flight? How much is the gain left for the scammer? NES won't find job for you without passing plab2 so read the article very well before you keep shouting scam. It was very real and NIS just intentionally sabotaged them albeit for a short period

the scammer collected their money, they are 58 doctors in number, the article didnt make mention of plab

this is what the scammer made 58*500 = 29 000 pounds

it is cleanly written on NHS website

If you are not a British citizen, or a national of a country in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, you will need a visa before you travel to the UK. To obtain a visa, you need to meet the requirements of UKVI, which is responsible for managing migration in the UK.

https://www.healthcareers.nhs.uk/working-health/overseas-health-professionals/immigration-rules
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by DBestDoc(f): 11:57pm On Jul 11, 2020
poiunt:

Waivers for doctors from Nigeria when in the EU there are lot of doctors

Look at NES Vacancy for resident doctors

The minimum requirement for an applicant to the MO position is 2 years' post-registration experience, which will include a mixture of medicine and surgery

So how are they qualified to practise in the Uk if they are not members of the of the UK medical union

https://neshealthcare.co.uk/vacancies/medical-officer/

Lol, i pity your wife for house oo cos you go like blind arguments too much. she sef go don tire for you.

I don't know what you wrote there about EU or no EU.
The minimum experience a Nigerian doctor needs to start working in the NHS is just the housemanship experience.

Pass IELTS, plab, sit in your bedroom and apply for jobs, you'll be called up. Everything doesn't have to be suffer head like it is in Nigeria.

You're just overwhelmed and shocked that Doctors can be so VALUED and given such a preferential treatment by another country yeah? I know that feeling of Too good to be true. My dear, na so we see am.

They will still leave, everything will be sorted out in no time.

7 Likes

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by saxywale1: 11:58pm On Jul 11, 2020
gypsey:
so because it started in January it couldn't have been a scam? also £500x58 doctors i think you would find it's a substantial amount especially when it's free money to the scammers besides no amount is too little to a scammer it's all profit and at no cost price. grin
Scammers would even scam for $20 dollars. Apparently, the guy hasn't dealt with Indian and Chinese scammers before on eBay, or those that call and act like they are enforcement for government tax agencies. They trick their victims to to send them $25 iTune cards to clear them of impending charges grin

Scam Skype interviews are rampant these days too. It's a new format created for covid.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Farki: 11:59pm On Jul 11, 2020
They just need to wait.

Anyways I don't blame them for leaving.
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Chartey(m): 12:00am On Jul 12, 2020
poiunt:

If you are not a British citizen, or a national of a country in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, you will need a visa before you travel to the UK. To obtain a visa, you need to meet the requirements of UKVI, which is responsible for managing migration in the UK.(this was written on the NHS site)

I'm tired of arguing with someone who doesn't know the difference between a resident doctor and a medical officer.

GMC registration only in the UK? Lol.

So people hadn't passed their usmle steps, interviewed and come back to Nigeria waiting for jobs before the lockdown?

You're not a doctor and you have an agenda. I hope you heal.

2 Likes

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Aussie2doc: 12:02am On Jul 12, 2020
poiunt:

the scammer collected their money, they are 58 doctors in number, the article didnt make mention of plab

this is what the scammer made 58*500 = 29 000 pounds

it is cleanly written on NHS website

If you are not a British citizen, or a national of a country in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, you will need a visa before you travel to the UK. To obtain a visa, you need to meet the requirements of UKVI, which is responsible for managing migration in the UK.

oga....some sets have gone earlier. I don't need to keep arguing with you on open forum. I am in a WhatsApp group of fellow doctors and another alumni group of my Alma mater all doctors...I have personal friends involved so stop talking about what you don't know. You are not the one that knows about UKVI and it is foolishness to assume that doctors that have gone as far as writing part 2 plab in the UK don't know that they need visas before boarding. Stop claiming what you don't know. All the 58 doctors were scammed? You think they are dummies? 29 thousand pounds is how much compared to a chartered flight that required special clearance during lockdown? How much is left for the scammer. I beg....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by poiunt: 12:05am On Jul 12, 2020
DBestDoc:

Lol, i pity your wife for house oo cos you go like blind arguments too much. she sef go don tire for you.

I don't know what you wrote there about EU or no EU.
The minimum experience a Nigerian doctor needs to start working in the NHS is just the housemanship experience.

Pass IELTS, plab, sit in your bedroom and apply for jobs, you'll be called up. Everything doesn't have to be suffer head like it is in Nigeria.

You're just overwhelmed and shocked that Doctors can be so VALUED and given such a preferential treatment by another country yeah? I know that feeling of Too good to be true. My dear, na so we see am.

They will still leave, everything will be sorted out in no time.

Miss, i know the process of being a medical doctor in the UK and i am not overwhelmed, it wasnt written in the article that they wrote or passed plab..if their case was genuine, dont you think the the Nigerian immigration wont allow them to go?, after all they share info like that.

I am just surprised that people will actually fall for employment scam even when it is there even on the NHS website, it is clearly written, that you must get a visa to come to the UK

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Commonsense99: 12:05am On Jul 12, 2020
grin
Those who call this scam should know that desperate times calls for desperate measures. apart from their air ticket, did they pay any job placement fee? No! They all wrote PLAB since January so where exactly did they lose their money to scam?
That recruiting firm will make their own profit from the hospitals on per head basis of any Dr they recruit for the hospitals , they hv no money business with Doctors directly.

Italy graduated final year medical students without any exams, the UK called out all their retired Doctors to come out and help, so what exactly is ordinary visa that can't be waved to recruit competent hands?
Those Doctors and even more will still move out, Nigerian immigration is just playing to the galary for am sure they knew about the arrangement from the outset , how can you not value Doctors and still try to hold them down, it doesn't happen that way.
By d way, 58 is even a small number, you can't believe that 85% of the Doctors you see in Nigeria are writhing one foreign exam or the other.
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by saxywale1: 12:08am On Jul 12, 2020
HBB1:

NES will deduct it from their Salary.
That's how they work!
Okay. If you say so.
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by eaglechild: 12:08am On Jul 12, 2020
poiunt:

All you have typed is correct.
However, you fail to realize that so much has changed provisionally since COVID 19 pandemic which is unprecedented in modern times.
Doctors who have license to practice and a job in the UK were granted waivers by UKVI because of this. They are key workers at the forefront.

3 Likes

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by poiunt: 12:09am On Jul 12, 2020
Chartey:

I'm tired of arguing with someone who doesn't know the difference between a resident doctor and a medical officer.

GMC registration only in the UK? Lol.

So people hadn't passed their usmle steps, interviewed and come back to Nigeria waiting for jobs before the lockdown?

You're not a doctor and you have an agenda. I hope you heal.

but you sell customized accessories.

We are talking about the GMC in the UK

also GMC is all about Registration and licensing. Only those with registration and licensing can practice in the UK
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by poiunt: 12:13am On Jul 12, 2020
eaglechild:

All you have typed is correct.
However, you fail to realize that so much has changed provisionally since COVID 19 pandemic which is unprecedented in modern times.
Doctors who have license to practice and a job in the UK were granted waivers by UKVI because of this. They are key workers at the forefront.

Doctors who have done GMC registration and have license in UK can practice as a doctor in the UK

They cant just employ anyone in without a license to come treat someone.
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by poiunt: 12:15am On Jul 12, 2020
Aussie2doc:
oga....some sets have gone earlier. I don't need to keep arguing with you on open forum. I am in a WhatsApp group of fellow doctors and another alumni group of my Alma mater all doctors...I have personal friends involved so stop talking about what you don't know. You are not the one that knows about UKVI and it is foolishness to assume that doctors that have gone as far as writing part 2 plab in the UK don't know that they need visas before boarding. Stop claiming what you don't know. All the 58 doctors were scammed? You think they are dummies? 29 thousand pounds is how much compared to a chartered flight that required special clearance during lockdown? How much is left for the scammer. I beg....

Wasn't it written in the article that they had no visas, that a chattered plan was waiting for them at the airport to convey them to the UK grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by frog12: 12:17am On Jul 12, 2020
it will be PURE SELFISH for these DOCTORS to escape NIGERIA while we are in a CRISIS

Commonsense99:
grin
Those who call this scam should know that desperate times calls for desperate measures. apart from their air ticket, did they pay any job placement fee? No! They all wrote PLAB since January so where exactly did they lose their money to scam?
That recruiting firm will make their own profit from the hospitals on per head basis of any Dr they recruit for the hospitals , they hv no money business with Doctors directly.

Italy graduated final year medical students without any exams, the UK called out all their retired Doctors to come out and help, so what exactly is ordinary visa that can't be waved to recruit competent hands?
Those Doctors and even more will still move out, Nigerian immigration is just playing to the galary for am sure they knew about the arrangement from the outset , how can you not value Doctors and still try to hold them down, it doesn't happen that way.
By d way, 58 is even a small number, you can't believe that 85% of the Doctors you see in Nigeria are writhing one foreign exam or the other.

2 Likes

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by eaglechild: 12:18am On Jul 12, 2020
poiunt:

Doctors who have done GMC registration and have license in UK can practice as a doctor in the UK

They cant just employ anyone in without a license to come treat someone.

Yes
And these doctors meet that criteria hence the visa waiver that was granted

1 Like

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Wapchrist1(m): 12:24am On Jul 12, 2020
https://refer.sharetoearn.co/Wapchrist1
Click and complete the task
Only for student
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Kira02(f): 12:26am On Jul 12, 2020
Nawa. Enemy of progress

I sell face shield. N800/piece, minimum order quantity is 50pcs. Location: Lagos island. My WhatsApp number is on my signature.
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by Commonsense99: 12:26am On Jul 12, 2020
frog12:
it will be PURE SELFISH for these DOCTORS to escape NIGERIA while we are in a CRISIS

You want them to die for nothing?
Where they had to go on strike to get their PPE and hazard allowance? How much do they pay them? How many times do they even pay the little change they agreed without strike? How many states are owing salaries as of today?
By the way over 300 military men just retired yesterday in the middle of terrorist crisis.

Nigeria is not working, and will not work that's what folks fail to understand, everyone should hold the government by the balls, their should be a revolution ASAP if not even more Doctors(85%) are dusting their bags to leave.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by stasius: 12:28am On Jul 12, 2020
They have visa waivers Nigeria let them go. Wicked government! You wont pay them well and you will still block their way. Wicked government.

Leave them to go and earn better pay. Afterall you will still fly to UK and London for them to treat you when you get sick. Allow them go wicked people. If you need their services fly to UK as usual. Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by c900: 12:28am On Jul 12, 2020
Na 40% tax dey wait you.
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by RaptorX: 12:37am On Jul 12, 2020
ICU doctors. These ones are going to battle Coronavirus.
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by RaptorX: 12:38am On Jul 12, 2020
ICU doctors. They are being recruited to battle coronavirus.
Re: 58 Nigerian Doctors Stopped At Lagos Airport, Were Promised Millions By UK Firm by poiunt: 12:39am On Jul 12, 2020
eaglechild:

Yes
And these doctors meet that criteria hence the visa waiver that was granted

Visa waiver indeed

Read the letter well

No name of the recruiter, no address, no name of the company.

This is employment scam.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

COVID-19: William Gyang & Nura Jibrin Repair 3 'Scrap' Ventilators In Jos / 15 Health Benefits Of Cucumber / Help: What Food Can Help Me Regain Back My Strength?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.