Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,380 members, 7,861,047 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:12 PM

Move With Me To PDP Or Be Fired, Obaseki Tells Councillors, Appointees - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Move With Me To PDP Or Be Fired, Obaseki Tells Councillors, Appointees (33229 Views)

Accept My Leadership Or Leave, Obaseki Tells Edo PDP Members / Edo: Don’t Go Home, Defend Your Votes, Obaseki Tells Edo Electorate / I Won't Issue Fresh Proclamation For Edo Assembly, Obaseki Tells APC, Reps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Move With Me To PDP Or Be Fired, Obaseki Tells Councillors, Appointees by raumdeuter: 6:58pm On Jul 11, 2020
See the person championing A no to Godfather campaign

3 Likes

Re: Move With Me To PDP Or Be Fired, Obaseki Tells Councillors, Appointees by nokatakata: 6:58pm On Jul 11, 2020
Where are the 'eco is not lagos chanting' miscreants. I pity Obaseki. He knows APC will do all they can to win the election just like they did to help him win against Iyamu.

3 Likes

Re: Move With Me To PDP Or Be Fired, Obaseki Tells Councillors, Appointees by Patrioticman007(m): 6:58pm On Jul 11, 2020
Kuginzi:
Obaseki is claiming he wants to end godfatherism in Edo state, now what is he trying to prove by forcing the councilors to defect to PDP?

Obaseki is fighting only for his stomach, I only pity wailing Wailer's once he loose the election.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Move With Me To PDP Or Be Fired, Obaseki Tells Councillors, Appointees by Freebills12: 6:59pm On Jul 11, 2020
I DON'T SUPPORT OBASEKI IN THIS BECAUSE IT BRIDGES FREEDOM OF ASSOCIATION. COME TO THINK OF IT, THE SAME APC APOLOGISTS THAT WERE SHOUTING THAT DEPUTY GOVERNOR OF ONDO SHOULD RESIGN BECAUSE HE JUMPED TO PDP ARE NOW BLASTING OBASEKI.
Re: Move With Me To PDP Or Be Fired, Obaseki Tells Councillors, Appointees by bizhop01: 7:01pm On Jul 11, 2020
muykem:
The slopoke said he is fighting godfather but will not allow people to make their decision.
A beggar and boss are not in the same class,
Re: Move With Me To PDP Or Be Fired, Obaseki Tells Councillors, Appointees by Cantonese: 7:01pm On Jul 11, 2020
ORIENTATION101:
Obaseki trying all he can but obviously he has no grassroot support. Threatening people to defect or loose their job shows why you can't win in September 19.
Those people will be wearing PDP garment while their heart is in APC. They will be good as moles in PDP cos they know thats is not where they belong.

Fighting Godfather to enthrone himself as a Dictator in chief.cheesycheesy

Let's not be hypocritical please. That's what all politicians do in such situations.

When Uzodimma won in Imo state, practically all members of the state house of assembly decamped to APC. Others in the local government followed. He who pays the piper dictates the tune as they say.

APC/Oshiomole brought this situation upon themselves out of the desire for vengeance. Now they are struggling with a candidate whose reputation was tarnished by himself personally (announcing himself as a cultist) and Oshiomole (calling him a thief).
Surely at this pace APC cannot return to government house in September.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Move With Me To PDP Or Be Fired, Obaseki Tells Councillors, Appointees by double77: 7:02pm On Jul 11, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Move With Me To PDP Or Be Fired, Obaseki Tells Councillors, Appointees by yommen: 7:02pm On Jul 11, 2020
kingphilip:
this is what we get when political parties are not based on ideologies and principles but on selfish interest.

how can someone wake up and threaten you to defect and you are obeying.

until we understand that all politicians are the same irrespective of political parties, we will continue fighting ourselves for nothing.

And yet some of bunch of youths derive pleasure in claiming 'Edo no be Lagos'. I still say it, we are not going anywhere with both APC and PDP still ruling this country. Period!
Re: Move With Me To PDP Or Be Fired, Obaseki Tells Councillors, Appointees by ORIENTATION101: 7:03pm On Jul 11, 2020
Cantonese:

Let's not be hypocritical please. That's what all politicians do in such situations.

When Uzodimma won in Imo state, practically all members of the state house of assembly decamped to APC. Others in the local government followed. He who pays the piper dictates the tune as they say.

APC/Oshiomole brought this situation upon themselves out of the desire for vengeance. Now they are struggling with a candidate whose reputation was tarnished by himself personally (announcing himself as a cultist) and Oshiomole (calling him a thief).
Surely at this pace APC cannot return to government house in September.
uzodinma didnt threaten them to defect that is the difference.

3 Likes

Re: Move With Me To PDP Or Be Fired, Obaseki Tells Councillors, Appointees by Longman8: 7:03pm On Jul 11, 2020
A politician divides mankind into two classes: tools and enemies.
By : Friedrich Nietzsche
Re: Move With Me To PDP Or Be Fired, Obaseki Tells Councillors, Appointees by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 7:08pm On Jul 11, 2020
ORIENTATION101:
he can force them to defect , but can't force them to work for his relection.
They will make sure he wins to continue their Jobs.
Re: Move With Me To PDP Or Be Fired, Obaseki Tells Councillors, Appointees by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 11, 2020
Tastemoney:

For you to believe this shit proves your height of dumbness
Shattap , member of the wailing community

2 Likes

Re: Move With Me To PDP Or Be Fired, Obaseki Tells Councillors, Appointees by ORIENTATION101: 7:10pm On Jul 11, 2020
HIGHESTPOPORI:
They will make sure he wins to continue their Jobs.
if that was their intention obaseki won't be forcing and threatening them

4 Likes

Re: Move With Me To PDP Or Be Fired, Obaseki Tells Councillors, Appointees by Chinny024(f): 7:11pm On Jul 11, 2020
Hian ooooo...
Truly,
Edo no be Lagos ooo grin grin
Re: Move With Me To PDP Or Be Fired, Obaseki Tells Councillors, Appointees by authority2006(m): 7:12pm On Jul 11, 2020
It doesn't matter what Obaseki does or doesn't, he's not coming back for second term in office

1 Like

Re: Move With Me To PDP Or Be Fired, Obaseki Tells Councillors, Appointees by blackboy(m): 7:13pm On Jul 11, 2020
It seems Obaseki understands politics more than I thought
Re: Move With Me To PDP Or Be Fired, Obaseki Tells Councillors, Appointees by akdjr(m): 7:13pm On Jul 11, 2020
He is a dictator and he didn't just become one. immediately he decamp to PDD, he suspended a PDP chieftain just because the man was against his emergence at the primaries. We are going to show him the way out of Osadebe house with our PVC. His men came to our local government to chase all the executive members of the local government who refused to decamp to PDP. No one should come here tomorrow and say anything when FG decided to use federal might to win the election. quote author=OVB123 post=91608687]OH boy, you are fast becoming a dictator ooo. cool down and take it slow, slow like baba go slow.[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Move With Me To PDP Or Be Fired, Obaseki Tells Councillors, Appointees by segun18(m): 7:14pm On Jul 11, 2020
dre11:

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/edo-guber-move-with-me-to-pdp-or-be-fired-obaseki-tells-councillors-appointees/

So many stories going around now.We don't maybe this is true or another cooked up story.

Na Una Sabi.
Re: Move With Me To PDP Or Be Fired, Obaseki Tells Councillors, Appointees by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jul 11, 2020
He should coerced them, that still doesn't mean anything. Following u doesn't mean supporting you; those that will not support u would still not support u, there are so many politicians whose bodies are only in the party but their souls are far from it as that is common among Nigerian politicians; some are there as an underdog.

Just like yoruba adage; You can only force a horse to a stream, you can't never force him to drink.

1 Like

Re: Move With Me To PDP Or Be Fired, Obaseki Tells Councillors, Appointees by BabaRamota1980: 7:15pm On Jul 11, 2020
Are Councillors appointed or voted in Edo State? Obaseki has brrn infected with Ibonavirus and is now behaving like governors behave in SE.

1 Like

Re: Move With Me To PDP Or Be Fired, Obaseki Tells Councillors, Appointees by steeltrust: 7:16pm On Jul 11, 2020
this story is a lie

I don't blive it
Re: Move With Me To PDP Or Be Fired, Obaseki Tells Councillors, Appointees by AmazingELixir: 7:19pm On Jul 11, 2020
grin grin grin

APC median goons spreading fake and false news like their grand master the Might Lai Mohammed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Move With Me To PDP Or Be Fired, Obaseki Tells Councillors, Appointees by chubinwa(m): 7:22pm On Jul 11, 2020
A gentleman turned wild overnight
Re: Move With Me To PDP Or Be Fired, Obaseki Tells Councillors, Appointees by AreaFada2: 7:23pm On Jul 11, 2020
myboy2111:
Do you force loyalty ? It seems this guy is as dumb as his 3 credits without English and Maths.

This people will come in and sabotage the little left. I think this Edo election is won and lost.
But Tinubu, Oshiomole can force loyalty from Ambode and Obaseki. Living up to una zombie name.
Ambode did suwegbe and lost.

You cannot play gentle with an agbero like Tinubu. Fire for fire.

If Obaseki ends up losing, so be it. But at least he was NOT intimidated by the thugs masquerading as APC godfathers.
Re: Move With Me To PDP Or Be Fired, Obaseki Tells Councillors, Appointees by sheyitokz(m): 7:26pm On Jul 11, 2020
na by force
Re: Move With Me To PDP Or Be Fired, Obaseki Tells Councillors, Appointees by Cajal(m): 7:28pm On Jul 11, 2020
IJOBA2:
[s][/s]NONSENSE AND INGREDIENTS angry
...don't be offended sir
I think Obaseki is a do or die like others

1 Like

Re: Move With Me To PDP Or Be Fired, Obaseki Tells Councillors, Appointees by Nasman387(m): 7:28pm On Jul 11, 2020
they don't need to be told
Re: Move With Me To PDP Or Be Fired, Obaseki Tells Councillors, Appointees by Cajal(m): 7:30pm On Jul 11, 2020
moderatedguy:
u re funny why didn't they resign.If they don't fancy defection d best thing is to resign their appointments.
..yes...just like ondo deputy did yesterday
Re: Move With Me To PDP Or Be Fired, Obaseki Tells Councillors, Appointees by BERNIMOORE: 7:31pm On Jul 11, 2020
ORIENTATION101:
Obaseki trying all he can but obviously he has no grassroot support. Threatening people to defect or loose their job shows why you can't win in September 19.
Those people will be wearing PDP garment while their heart is in APC. They will be good as moles in PDP cos they know thats is not where they belong.

Fighting Godfather to enthrone himself as a Dictator in chief.cheesycheesy

So you're still crying over a sacked godfather
grin grin

I'm.even surprised that you Used the word:godfather instead of your usual Mentorship for the relegated alliyu oshiomole and you already have a brain reset from that Edo super Experience.
After calling us names you still come back here to bow for your oga Obaseki whose case is now a reference point for a stout stand
Unlike Mumuism personified Akinwunmi Ambode who is not supposed to be mentioned in the same sentence structure with His Excellency Godwin Obaseki
who case has also cause the sack of Tinubu Ally Abraham to be disqualified in ondo while indirect primary was adopted
All because of the resilience of His Excellency Godwin Obaseki

Eko o ni baje o ó bàjé tì. Keep deceiving yourself with the dumb slogan ....itésíwajú Ilú èko oun ló jê wá lógún grin grin
Edo is not Lagos,

I am from Ondo and we shared the same blood Our king the Osemawe Uku Okpolopolo Uku alase still has his ties with Edo.

1 Like

Re: Move With Me To PDP Or Be Fired, Obaseki Tells Councillors, Appointees by Cajal(m): 7:33pm On Jul 11, 2020
Peterosky:
I don't see any credibility in this news. There is nothing wrong with resigning your appointment if as a politician the interest of your people is your topmost priority. And more so, is is it possible for elected councillors to be sacked for not cross carpeting with the Governor? Op please are you in anyway related to liar Mohammed? Please Op kindly fear God.
..because it does not favour me...so it's not credible
Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Move With Me To PDP Or Be Fired, Obaseki Tells Councillors, Appointees by ArticleBeast: 7:36pm On Jul 11, 2020
GboyegaD:
Lobatan, case closed. Inside democracy naim some dey act like dictator. I thought councilors are voted for, if so what right has he to dictate to them?
Gboyega brown roof inhabitants go back home

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Abdulahi Adamu's Failed Coup - The Nation / Abia Government Starts Rehabilitation Of Ehi Road In Aba (Pictures) / Random Facts About Ebonyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.