Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,168 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience (30756 Views)

Best Hospital For Lasik Eye Surgery / The Benefits Of Lasik Eye Surgery / Laser Surgery Experience For Piles/hermorroids And Anal Fissure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by ladyF(f): 9:48pm On Jul 15, 2020
MimieJay:
It’s 7000 AED, that’s like $2000.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by determination26(m): 9:51pm On Jul 15, 2020
It's nice to see a thread like this for us shortsighted people. I've always wanted to ask this question just incase we have any ophthalmologist in this thread... is it possible to be born shortsighted? Does looking too close to those old school box TVs cause myopia? For all I can remember, I grew up shortsighted, I repeated KG2 because of my sight. I started using glasses in primary one up until SS2. In my school then, you were expected to be a nerd if you wore glasses so during exams, the below average students hustle the life out of you to get some expo. I somehow got tired of that and I used to have pain at the back of my ears from always wearing glasses so I opted for contacts.The day I wore contacts to school for the first time, I'll never forget that day, I told my classmates I could see clearly without my glasses, they said I was wining them, blind battimeaus like me. They decided to test me, I stood at one end of the class while another classmate of mine threw a pen my way, if you see the jubilation when I caught the pen, battimeaus wasn't blind anymore. Ive been using contacts ever since, I'm 33 now and my refractive index is -9. It's not been an easy road but at it's best, I've enjoyed using contacts. Along the line, carelessness has cost me a few. I've suffered from ulcer of the cornea, bacterial and fungal infections, inflammation of the conjunctival sac and lots more. I was lucky when I had ulcer of the cornea, I ran to the best ophthalmologists office and she saved my eyes at the nice of time and my vision was pure white for days before it started clearing up. I would do lasik someday but definitely not in Naija, Nepa is not to be trusted.

6 Likes

Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by Originalsly: 9:53pm On Jul 15, 2020
ebig21:

Okay, we wey dey naija make we dey manage our eyes, till we get money leave naija

True... but even abroad... I prefer glasses than do surgery for normal shortsightedness.
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by F0untainofyouth(f): 9:57pm On Jul 15, 2020
[s]
Klass99:

Even I am struggling to believe it, not because I think you're lying but because it just sounds outrageously unbelievable that an opthalmologist would do that.

What happened afterwards? I mean after the eye injection?
[/s]
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by salt1: 9:58pm On Jul 15, 2020
Motirayo2018:
What are been look into before moving a thread to frontpage..

My daughter has a failed cataract surgery that is almost making her blind. Having been begging for help for my thread to move to frontpage

Take her to Eye Foundation, Isaac John Ikeja.
They're pricy but the best that I know so far.
They even do surgery to correct squint alias 4:30 eye

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by salt1: 10:02pm On Jul 15, 2020
Prism:
Sometimes I feel my optician is purposefully increasing the power of my lens because the higher it goes (-4,-5,-6 ), the more expensive it becomes. Because why in the world is my eye sight not improving? Infact it is getting worse with each increased prescription lens. Am I the only one who feels this way??

The optician is not increasing it. Myopia gets worse with age. After age 40, it stabilizes and may remain like that. I started with -3.5. I am now using -6.5. But it has not deteriorated for years

1 Like

Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by showafrica(m): 10:10pm On Jul 15, 2020
frankline461:
A lot of innovations going on about in different countries, but none in Nigeria. Sometimes I sit and wonder what the hell is going on and why I was put here to suffer sins I know nothing about.

Will the country ever get better again?
Will we be able to reach the level other countries have past?
Will we continue to depreciate and become worse that even Afghanistan?

Only time will tell!

The country is on a free fall with speed more than 10m/s. The worst is most people prefer it this way and I keep wondering what they have in mind. I feel so depressed when i remember people i share country with. M
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by LADEMINUS: 10:12pm On Jul 15, 2020
salt1:

Take her to Eye Foundation, Isaac John Ikeja.
They're pricy but the best that I know so far.
They even do surgery to correct squint alias 4:30 eye

the possibility of rectifying a failed cataract surgery is very very very low. But you do not know that for sure. only a detailed dilated examination will tell you what is going on. It could be a posterior capsular opacity, a retina problem etc... Just get a good examination from a competent center
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by LADEMINUS: 10:13pm On Jul 15, 2020
determination26:
It's nice to see a thread like this for us shortsighted people. I've always wanted to ask this question just incase we have any ophthalmologist in this thread... is it possible to be born shortsighted? Does looking too close to those old school box TVs cause myopia? For all I can remember, I grew up shortsighted, I repeated KG2 because of my sight. I started using glasses in primary one up until SS2. In my school then, you were expected to be a nerd if you wore glasses so during exams, the below average students hustle the life out of you to get some expo. I somehow got tired of that and I used to have pain at the back of my ears from always wearing glasses so I opted for contacts.The day I wore contacts to school for the first time, I'll never forget that day, I told my classmates I could see clearly without my glasses, they said I was wining them, blind battimeaus like me. They decided to test me, I stood at one end of the class while another classmate of mine threw a pen my way, if you see the jubilation when I caught the pen, battimeaus wasn't blind anymore. Ive been using contacts ever since, I'm 33 now and my refractive index is -9. It's not been an easy road but at it's best, I've enjoyed using contacts. Along the line, carelessness has cost me a few. I've suffered from ulcer of the cornea, bacterial and fungal infections, inflammation of the conjunctival sac and lots more. I was lucky when I had ulcer of the cornea, I ran to the best ophthalmologists office and she saved my eyes at the nice of time and my vision was pure white for days before it started clearing up. I would do lasik someday but definitely not in Naija, Nepa is not to be trusted.
everybody with Myopia was born with it, and it has no cure. but can be managed
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by showafrica(m): 10:14pm On Jul 15, 2020
dejavuh0007:
I get blurry vision when I operate my phone for extended periods indoors.

Same here... I think its due to cornea adjustments but I wan visit eye clinic soon, do the same when you have chance. Just that I dont trust 9ja doctors, i wish i dey somewhere in US
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by Dyonne: 10:16pm On Jul 15, 2020
tundchip2:
I remember when i was at UCH for an eye related ailment. I was injected in the eye. People still don't believe till date.

I believe. A friend has told me the same story before.
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by salt1: 10:17pm On Jul 15, 2020
LADEMINUS:

the possibility of rectifying a failed cataract surgery is very very very low. But you do not know that for sure. only a detailed dilated examination will tell you what is going on. It could be a posterior capsular opacity, a retina problem etc... Just get a good examination from a competent center

True. But I know of a girl that got blind after a failed cataract surgery. She was blind for five years. The corrective surgery was done at Eye Foundation and she has since returned to the university to do her undergraduate programme.
I'm not marketing them. I don't even work there but my whole family use them. My old mother has also done cataract corrective surgery there and her partial blindness was restored.
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by MhizJoyce(f): 10:19pm On Jul 15, 2020
tundchip2:
Swears mehn. If i didn't experience it and someone else told me, I also would never believe.
Why were you injected in the eye?
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by CyberEBOLA(m): 10:35pm On Jul 15, 2020
tundchip2:
I was a stubborn kid.
Cane entered my left eye while my mom was beating me. I was Almost blinded, spent a full school term at the hospital.
Damn! This is why I hate beating kids.
A little mistake can leave the child in a very bad money draining condition.
Glad you are now ok.

1 Like

Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by mrMeen(m): 10:44pm On Jul 15, 2020
FrLukas:
embarassed

Well, op

Do you know that there are eye exercises that you can do to help you correct your eyesight overtime? Especially if you're scared of surgery.

if I might ask which kinda exercises
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by ArcFresky(m): 10:44pm On Jul 15, 2020
MimieJay:
So, I am short-sighted. I started wearing glasses 15 years ago officially and that is more than half of my life. WOW!

Nice read op.

People are hating cos they expected to end the story with blindness, God don disappoint them
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by mrMeen(m): 10:46pm On Jul 15, 2020
spiceadole:

I am a doctor..
I was a resident in Ophthalmology before I left Nigeria.
Never for once did I think of any eye surgery of any kind to correct my shortsightedness.(Been using glasses for about 25 years)

I wear my glasses with pride.
Fits my face and I like it.
Hello can I please ask you a question regarding my eyes.
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by TheGreatIYANU: 10:52pm On Jul 15, 2020
MimieJay:
By the way, you don't have to be angry on every post, whatever it is you are going through, you shall overcome, it's just a matter of time, trust me.

With this reply, you've got a follower and Subscriber. Love your spirit.

1 Like

Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jul 15, 2020
FrLukas:
embarassed

Well, op

Do you know that there are eye exercises that you can do to help you correct your eyesight overtime? Especially if you're scared of surgery.

Tell me more please
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by kingemaker(m): 10:54pm On Jul 15, 2020
CyberEBOLA:
ONLY THOSE WITH MYOPIA WILL UNDERSTAND HOW USEFUL AND REVEALING THIS THREAD IS.

I was actually thinking about going for this surgery, but when I realized that any mistake can make me blind forever, i decided to stick to my lovely glasses.

The funniest thing is that most doctors doing the surgery, prefer using glasses than undergoing surgery to correct the sight.

MODIFIED: EwuGambia I just read the whole thing,
Moral lesson is: Dont waste your money. LOLZZ
I lost a colleague to eye surgery. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone though.
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by 4nyworld: 10:55pm On Jul 15, 2020
Even if you intend to do the lasik surgery in the future just abort it.Continue wearing your glasses or contact lens now you have discovered your actual prescription.
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by Goalnaldo(m): 11:04pm On Jul 15, 2020
MimieJay:
It’s 7000 AED, that’s like $2000.
I just watched your video about how much you made on YouTube. I like your energy and your charisma. Still waiting to see how you will purchase a Lamborghini with $46 grin funny girl.

1 Like

Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by MimieJay(f): 11:06pm On Jul 15, 2020
Goalnaldo:
I just watched your video about how much you made on YouTube. I like your energy and your charisma. Still waiting to see how you will purchase a Lamborghini with $46 grin funny girl.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by MimieJay(f): 11:07pm On Jul 15, 2020
TheGreatIYANU:

With this reply, you've got a follower and Subscriber. Love your spirit.
Lol, Thanks thanks cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by fairytale(f): 11:08pm On Jul 15, 2020
Prism:
Sometimes I feel my optician is purposefully increasing the power of my lens because the higher it goes (-4,-5,-6 ), the more expensive it becomes. Because why in the world is my eye sight not improving? Infact it is getting worse with each increased prescription lens. Am I the only one who feels this way??
You're not. My lenses are just too thick. At first when I got it, I always felt dizzy but guess my eyes got used to them. When I take them off its another world entirely.
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by MimieJay(f): 11:08pm On Jul 15, 2020
ArcFresky:

Nice read op.

People are hating cos they expected to end the story with blindness, God don disappoint them
Hahaha, they were expecting a "my eyesight got worse" kind of ending grin grin grin
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by tosinntoyin: 11:15pm On Jul 15, 2020
determination26:

I am a -10. Used glasses all my life. MY lens are very thick that even the ultra thin lens is not so thin. Thank God for contact lenses. Just that my prescription is very scare and expensive.

1 Like

Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by Goalnaldo(m): 11:18pm On Jul 15, 2020
MimieJay:
Hahaha, they were expecting a "my eyesight got worse" kind of ending grin grin grin
what about what I said via PM??
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by alicemayeze: 11:23pm On Jul 15, 2020
Ever listened to a song that made you laugh, reflect on life and gave you hope? Inside Life by Versatile is an Afrobeat song that puts you in an optimistic mood. Click here to listen>> https:///versatileinsidelife
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by LADEMINUS: 11:23pm On Jul 15, 2020
showafrica:

Same here... I think its due to cornea adjustments but I wan visit eye clinic soon, do the same when you have chance. Just that I dont trust 9ja doctors, i wish i dey somewhere in US
there are very few american Drs, na Chinkos, nigerians and indians you will see there. Just find a good clinic here in Nigeria
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by LADEMINUS: 11:25pm On Jul 15, 2020
salt1:

True. But I know of a girl that got blind after a failed cataract surgery. She was blind for five years. The corrective surgery was done at Eye Foundation and she has since returned to the university to do her undergraduate programme.
I'm not marketing them. I don't even work there but my whole family use them. My old mother has also done cataract corrective surgery there and her partial blindness was restored.
it was not failed, she developed Posterior Capsular Opacity which almost every cataract surgery results to after a few years, a YAG laser was done and she went back to good vision. its like a scar that comes up, once its also addressed the person is good to go

1 Like

Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by LADEMINUS: 11:27pm On Jul 15, 2020
mrMeen:
if I might ask which kinda exercises
No such exercises exist. They are all research level procedures. where i work we have a lab devoted to myopia control using this exercises and other more sophisticated ones. the results are fleeting and temporary

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Northern Nigeria At High Risk — Gates Foundation / My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? / RRS Rescues Man Who Suffered An Asthma Attack On Otedola Bridge.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.