Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,643 members, 7,955,338 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:17 PM

My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience (31150 Views)

LASIK Surgery: How To Get Insurance Help And Improve Your Vision / Margaret Oyibo Atayi Allegedly Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage / Laser Surgery Experience For Piles/hermorroids And Anal Fissure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by mrMeen(m): 11:30pm On Jul 15, 2020
LADEMINUS:

No such exercises exist. They are all research level procedures. where i work we have a lab devoted to myopia control using this exercises and other more sophisticated ones. the results are fleeting and temporary
LASIK surgery it is then I really wanted to ask the op if it can cure double vision.
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by Luckydonalds(m): 11:30pm On Jul 15, 2020
MimieJay:
It’s 7000 AED, that’s like $2000.
7000AED for both eyes or one eye?..
I too am shortsighted and it's very frustrating especially during lectures at school and I have to sit at the back.Im tired of wearing glasses cause it makes me look nerdy
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 11:33pm On Jul 15, 2020
tundchip2:
I remember when i was at UCH for an eye related ailment. I was injected in the eye. People still don't believe till date.
.definitely not with a needle though

1 Like

Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by Luckydonalds(m): 11:34pm On Jul 15, 2020
LADEMINUS:
Firstly, we cannot begin to understand your situation because we do not know your age. Your age determines your myopia progression. The doctor must have determined that your myopia status is still changing, in such a case it is useless having Lasik surgery.
If he decides to correct you for X amount of myopia, when your power may still change in the future, you understand you will not be a happy patient as you will then need the very lenses you wanted to drop, or another LASIK.
also, Myopia has NO cure, it is not a disease. It simply a body characteristic, such as height, skin colour etc.. you cannot 'cure' it, same as you cannot cure any other refractive error. But like cosmetic surgery, you can remedy it by adjusting the body characteristics, in this case the cornea. But this can only be done when your eye power is stable.
Lastly, do not take information from any fake site that claims to provide any cure.
Hello,I'm 19 and I have been using glasses since 2015 although I started having poor vision in 2014,do I still have progressive myopia.
My vision has worsened since then
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by LADEMINUS: 11:34pm On Jul 15, 2020
mrMeen:
LASIK surgery it is then I really wanted to ask the op if it can cure double vision.

you do not decide before seeing the Dr lol, a Dr will decide for/with you. there are also numerous causes of double vision/diplopia, it can be something minor or quite serious. see a good Dr
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 11:35pm On Jul 15, 2020
OkpaAkuEriEri:
Afonjress...is ewedu dat spoiled ya eye
bloody fvcktard
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by LADEMINUS: 11:39pm On Jul 15, 2020
Luckydonalds:

Hello,I'm 19 and I have been using glasses since 2015 although I started having poor vision in 2014,do I still have progressive myopia.
My vision has worsened since then
i doubt your vision has worsened, but i think your myopia has increased.. these are two different things

there are patients thats see 50% 2016 ... glasses of -4 takes them to 100%
then they see 33% 2018 ... glasses of -6 takes them to 100%
then they see 25% 2020 ... glasses of -8 takes them to 100%

Notice how they are still at 100% with correction?
the Myopia is going up but the general health and ability of the eye is the same. when they stop growing (which is why i spoke about age).. the power will stop rising and start falling like the OP experienced.. and vision may even begin improving!
am sure one of your parents is shortsighted... and doesnt need lenses to read while most of his contemporaries do.. look on the bright side

1 Like

Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by LADEMINUS: 11:40pm On Jul 15, 2020
there are a lot of trendy and fun frames.... search online you can even order them cheaply... check how they will fit on your face using warbyparker website

Luckydonalds:

I too am shortsighted and it's very frustrating especially during lectures at school and I have to sit at the back.Im tired of wearing glasses cause it makes me look nerdy
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by Luckydonalds(m): 11:40pm On Jul 15, 2020
Originalsly:

New York City.... I guess they are very good because they do soo many daily at various hospitals and their private clinics ... I'm almost sure they can perform surgeries with their eyes closed.
How much did u do it?..
I'm shortsighted too and it's terrible

1 Like

Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by SirMichael1: 11:41pm On Jul 15, 2020
CyberEBOLA:
ONLY THOSE WITH MYOPIA WILL UNDERSTAND HOW USEFUL AND REVEALING THIS THREAD IS.

I was actually thinking about going for this surgery, but when I realized that any mistake can make me blind forever, i decided to stick to my lovely glasses.

The funniest thing is that most doctors doing the surgery, prefer using glasses than undergoing surgery to correct the sight.

MODIFIED: EwuGambia I just read the whole thing,
Moral lesson is: Dont waste your money. LOLZZ
The reason most doctors prefer glasses is because the lasik operatio isn't permenant. Overtime, the eyes will start dulling.
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by Luckydonalds(m): 11:44pm On Jul 15, 2020
LADEMINUS:

i doubt your vision has worsened, but i think your myopia has increased.. these are two different things

there are patients thats see 50% 2016 ... glasses of -4 takes them to 100%
then they see 33% 2018 ... glasses of -6 takes them to 100%
then they see 25% 2020 ... glasses of -8 takes them to 100%

Notice how they are still at 100% with correction?
the Myopia is going up but the general health and ability of the eye is the same. when they stop growing (which is why i spoke about age).. the power will stop rising and start falling like the OP experienced.. and vision may even begin improving!
am sure one of your parents is shortsighted... and doesnt need lenses to read while most of his contemporaries do.. look on the bright side
My dad is shortsighted and my mum is long-sighted..
I had -1.85 when I was first diagnosed,after about two years,,those glasses couldn't help me much anymore and I went for a second test but I don't know the prescription..Has my myopia grown? And has it stopped growing cause I'm contemplating Lasik soon as I graduate
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by showafrica(m): 11:50pm On Jul 15, 2020
LADEMINUS:

there are very few american Drs, na Chinkos, nigerians and indians you will see there. Just find a good clinic here in Nigeria

Yes, if 9ja man enter US his head go correct. I dont mind meeting 9ja man in US. As soon as u leave this country, you start reasoning differently. There is sth fishy about our environment. There is this half imbe for my village, immidiately they sent him abroad, he started behaving normal. A lot of people die by doctors mistakes here and the docs act like they dont care.
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by geezynoni: 12:01am On Jul 16, 2020
Nice read...Oju igo,keep it up.
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by jaxxy(m): 12:01am On Jul 16, 2020
Thanks for the enlightenment.
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by mrMeen(m): 12:02am On Jul 16, 2020
LADEMINUS:

you do not decide before seeing the Dr lol, a Dr will decide for/with you. there are also numerous causes of double vision/diplopia, it can be something minor or quite serious. see a good Dr
thank you thou if I might say so myself the cause is comp,uter vision syndrome but I will let the doctors decide
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by Emmacolinho(m): 12:13am On Jul 16, 2020
Righteousness89:
We Thank God for your Eyes...
Many have Gone Blind in situations as this..
Baba God
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by Motirayo2018(f): 12:21am On Jul 16, 2020
salt1:

Take her to Eye Foundation, Isaac John Ikeja.
They're pricy but the best that I know so far.
They even do surgery to correct squint alias 4:30 eye

I have been there
I can't afford their fee

That was the reason I created a thread probably I might get help
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by dejavuh0007(m): 12:33am On Jul 16, 2020
showafrica:

Same here... I think its due to cornea adjustments but I wan visit eye clinic soon, do the same when you have chance. Just that I dont trust 9ja doctors, i wish i dey somewhere in US
Lol. I eventually gain back my full vision after about some one or two hours of not operating my phone. I'm thinking of using shades when I'm operating my phone indoors to counter the effects of staring at my phone's bright screen for long periods in a dark room.

1 Like

Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by F0untainofyouth(f): 12:41am On Jul 16, 2020
[s]
Zoie:
Tell me more please
[/s]
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by MimieJay(f): 1:18am On Jul 16, 2020
Luckydonalds:

For both. It's cheaper in some places though.
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by Originalsly: 1:18am On Jul 16, 2020
Luckydonalds:

How much did u do it?..
I'm shortsighted too and it's terrible

Paying out of pocket it [i]would've cost me[/i]an arm and a leg...... for your type just be prepared to pay through the nose.
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by MimieJay(f): 1:19am On Jul 16, 2020
Goalnaldo:
what about what I said via PM??
I'm yet to see it. I'll check.
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by deltateam: 4:17am On Jul 16, 2020
EwuGambia:
Which kyn wahala be this.... undecided
Sooo what's now the moral lesson of this story?.... undecided

I don book fp before i even look the story self....mtchew!..

To the guy below me...abeg i'm also myopic, and the thread still doesn't make much sense because she didn't go ahead with the surgery...the outcome of the surgery would have validated the story! undecided

You mean the catastrophic outcome of the surgery.
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by showafrica(m): 4:58am On Jul 16, 2020
dejavuh0007:

Lol. I eventually gain back my full vision after about some one or two hours of not operating my phone. I'm thinking of using shades when I'm operating my phone indoors to counter the effects of staring at my phone's bright screen for long periods in a dark room.

Yes the vision usually returns to normal, but we should not ignore elevated IOP due to strain.
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by enonche85(m): 5:21am On Jul 16, 2020
Op na that very eye I go blow u!..brabadash!!
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by YoungBlackRico(m): 6:10am On Jul 16, 2020
Are there still mods on this forum undecided
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by YoungBlackRico(m): 6:22am On Jul 16, 2020
LADEMINUS:

everybody with Myopia was born with it, and it has no cure. but can be managed
So, sitting too close to a set box for a prolong period of time as a kid can't cause it? 'cause I've blamed that for mine all my life. And is it hereditary?
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by YoungBlackRico(m): 7:09am On Jul 16, 2020
Juliusmomoh:

Don't teach me how to eat fish, teach me how to catch fish... I want to learn how to create it .
How is he gonna eat then?
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by Nobody: 8:26am On Jul 16, 2020
Zoie:

Tell me more please

I'd love to but I'll just put a link here for you where some of the exercises are.

https://www.bateseyeexercises.com/myopia.php

I am sure an extensive search of the internet for Bates methods for improving eyesight will yield much more results.

Check Google and YouTube.

Also note that you'll see articles that tell you that these exercises don't work.

You need to understand that

1. Those articles are most likely sponsored by those who make a living from your bad eyesight. They will do anything to discredit any natural means of overcoming these.

2. The muscles that control the eyes are a lot like the other muscles in the body. Constant, consistent and dedicated working out of these muscles will produce a noticeable difference.

It's just like working out to have bigger biceps and six pack abs. You won't get those overnight, neither will you get them if you are not consistent.

Same thing with the kegel exercise. Same applies with the muscles in the eye.

You won't see instant results like the one the pair of glasses or laser surgery will give you, but in the long run it is the most wholesome treatment that will benefit your eyes the most.

There are apps on Android that also help with eye exercises.

In the long run, doing eye exercises isn't harmful to your eyes even if you decide to opt for other options.

1 Like

Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by dejavuh0007(m): 10:18am On Jul 16, 2020
showafrica:

Yes the vision usually returns to normal, but we should not ignore elevated IOP due to strain.
A'ight bro.
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by Nobody: 10:48am On Jul 16, 2020
FrLukas:

I'd love to but I'll just put a link here for you where some of the exercises are.

https://www.bateseyeexercises.com/myopia.php

I am sure an extensive search of the internet for Bates methods for improving eyesight will yield much more results.

Check Google and YouTube.

Also note that you'll see articles that tell you that these exercises don't work.

You need to understand that

1. Those articles are most likely sponsored by those who make a living from your bad eyesight. They will do anything to discredit any natural means of overcoming these.

2. The muscles that control the eyes are a lot like the other muscles in the body. Constant, consistent and dedicated working out of these muscles will produce a noticeable difference.

It's just like working out to have bigger biceps and six pack abs. You won't get those overnight, neither will you get them if you are not consistent.

Same thing with the kegel exercise. Same applies with the muscles in the eye.

You won't see instant results like the one the pair of glasses or laser surgery will give you, but in the long run it is the most wholesome treatment that will benefit your eyes the most.

There are apps on Android that also help with eye exercises.

In the long run, doing eye exercises isn't harmful to your eyes even if you decide to opt for other options.
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by F0untainofyouth(f): 10:49am On Jul 16, 2020
[s]
Zoie:
Thanks
[/s]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Please Help Me...i'm Always Hungry. / *Breaking News* Patient Gets Ebola In Hospital / 4 Exercises That Burn Fat Really Fast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.