Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,586 members, 7,955,161 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:23 PM

My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience (31148 Views)

LASIK Surgery: How To Get Insurance Help And Improve Your Vision / Margaret Oyibo Atayi Allegedly Commits Suicide Over Failed Marriage / Laser Surgery Experience For Piles/hermorroids And Anal Fissure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 16, 2020
Zoie:

Thanks

You welcome.
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by Akinola100: 12:05pm On Jul 16, 2020
GreaterFuture1:
I only use computer glasses. It is preventive they say, Cos many of us would be having eye problems 15-20 years from now
Yes, Sun and phone, both are dangerous. They emit radiation which can damage the eye, it's just that phone own is minute but still dangerous. Phones emit blue light (short wave rays possess greater energy) which damages those cells in the eye. People should just limit the amount of time they spend on their phones
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by Novice1(m): 12:09pm On Jul 16, 2020
Is this an advert for the Lasik centre in Dubai?
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by Akinola100: 12:15pm On Jul 16, 2020
MimieJay:
Lol twinnie. the glasses and contacts are more like same effect. But I'll go back for the surgery soon, there's nothing like having to see naturally. Ensure to subscribe to my youtube channel twinnie kiss kiss kiss.
Hi there, Are there contact lenses in Nigeria, that one is okay and even better than glasses, you just put it in the eye. I heard people with myopia see haloes and glares around bright lights. Do you see it?
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by revolt(m): 3:51pm On Jul 16, 2020
Only minus 6 you dey shout...mtchweee some of us dey wesr minus 16..... mtchweee... wore minus 6 as a 7 year old. Short sight is one of the worst things that can happen to a human. Cuts your abilities 60%. You'd be in school competing with ppl that see clearly in class, tests with the same timing. Yet still be beating lots of them. Imagine your performance without glasses.
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by Chisom604: 7:27pm On Jul 16, 2020
LADEMINUS:

everybody with Myopia was born with it, and it has no cure. but can be managed
Is it really true? Because I started experiencing myopia when I turned 11 but before then I normally see perfectly
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by DappaD: 8:00pm On Jul 16, 2020
Akinola100:

Yes, Sun and phone, both are dangerous. They emit radiation which can damage the eye, it's just that phone own is minute but still dangerous. Phones emit blue light (short wave rays possess greater energy) which damages those cells in the eye. People should just limit the amount of time they spend on their phones
But there's that eye care feature... So it shouldn't be a problem when using phones
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by LADEMINUS: 5:00pm On Aug 23, 2020
Chisom604:

Is it really true? Because I started experiencing myopia when I turned 11 but before then I normally see perfectly

No you didn't normally see. The I my way to ascertain that was if you went to a hospital and you were told your vision is normal. Myopia may get worse as one ages and result in worse vision. But if you check the history you will always find that the vision was never perfect in the first place
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by LADEMINUS: 5:01pm On Aug 23, 2020
YoungBlackRico:
So, sitting too close to a set box for a prolong period of time as a kid can't cause it? 'cause I've blamed that for mine all my life. And is it hereditary?

Increased near work like reading or viewing TV at close distances have been linked to increased short sightedness, but the shortsightedness must have been there initially
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by LADEMINUS: 5:03pm On Aug 23, 2020
Luckydonalds:

My dad is shortsighted and my mum is long-sighted..
I had -1.85 when I was first diagnosed,after about two years,,those glasses couldn't help me much anymore and I went for a second test but I don't know the prescription..Has my myopia grown? And has it stopped growing cause I'm contemplating Lasik soon as I graduate

Myopia will progress as long as you continue growing. And LASIK is only an option when your power is no longer changing
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by LADEMINUS: 5:04pm On Aug 23, 2020
Luckydonalds:

Hello,I'm 19 and I have been using glasses since 2015 although I started having poor vision in 2014,do I still have progressive myopia.
My vision has worsened since then

Not a good candidate for LASIK sorry. Unless you have very high amounts of shortsightedness and just want to remove some. Realise that you are talking close to half a million naira per eye here
Re: My Failed Lasik Surgery Experience by YoungBlackRico(m): 5:14pm On Aug 23, 2020
LADEMINUS:

Increased near work like reading or viewing TV at close distances have been linked to increased short sightedness, but the shortsightedness must have been there initially
Oh, okay! Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Please Help Me...i'm Always Hungry. / *Breaking News* Patient Gets Ebola In Hospital / 4 Exercises That Burn Fat Really Fast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.