Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,315 members, 7,957,830 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 09:22 PM

5Ebiscoo's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 5Ebiscoo's Profile / 5Ebiscoo's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (of 13 pages)

Politics / JUST IN: 112 IPOB Women Released From Detention by 5Ebiscoo: 11:26pm On Aug 24, 2018
The Nigeria Police Force has released the 112 IPOB women, who were arrested during a protest in Owerri, the Imo State capital.

The women were arrested while peacefully protesting the ‘arrest’ of their leader, Nnamdi Kanu and also demanding a referendum before the 2019 elections.

They were subsequently arraigned at a Magistrate Court by the Police, and charged with "treasonable felony" and "unlawful assembly".

Public outcry followed their arraignment and bail denial, with civil society organisations and other stakeholders, demanding their immediate release.

Confirming their release to SaharaReporters, one of the lawyers representing the women, Barrister Ifeanyi Ejiofor, said: “All the 112 remaining IPOB women have just been discharged of all the frivolous charges filed against them by the Police.”

He added that the women were received by the people with jubilation.

He, however, noted that the organisation would seek redress, while noting that the action is a "gross violation" of the rights of the women.

He said: “We will take serious action against the Police for the gross violation of their fundamental human rights."

Expressing her delight, Oby Ezekwesili, former Minister of Education, urged the people to resist attempts to "trample" on their rights.

She tweeted: “Best News of today: The RELEASE of the #ImoWomenProtesters from Owerri prison. WE as Citizens Collective must NEVER PERMIT the Constitutional Rights of ANY Nigerian to be TRAMPLED on, by especially those whose DUTY it is to DEFEND them. Kudos to their Legal Support Team."

In a related development, some 16 women under the auspices of IPOB, who were arraigned at a separate court, have also been released by the Police.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/just-in-112-ipob-women-released-from.html

Politics / Ondo Gov Tasks Discos On Provision Of Meters by 5Ebiscoo: 5:34am On Aug 24, 2018
Governor Rotimi Akeredolu of Ondo State has implored power distribution companies in the country to provide pre-paid meters to all homes in order to ensure that consumers get satisfaction for their service.

He said that if every customer of the various Discos was provided a meter each, they would consume their electricity the way they wanted, and would reduce grievances against the Discos.

He noted that the substation was a significant step in improving power supplies to different parts of Ondo and Ekiti States.

He added that power was a critical requirement in economic growth, while its impact on education, health and other facets of life could not be quantified.

He regretted the challenges being faced from erratic electricity supply by some communities in Ondo South and Ondo North Senatorial Districts, which he said had been cut-off from the national grid for several years....Read More Here

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/ondo-gov-tasks-discos-on-provision-of.html

Politics / Man Begins Trek From Lagos To Abuja Against APC [photos] by 5Ebiscoo: 5:26pm On Aug 23, 2018
Man begins trek from Lagos to Abuja to kick against President Buhari’s 2nd term bid and the ruling All Progressive Congress, APC.

A middle-aged Nigerian man, Isa Mohammed Munlaila pictured below with a box on his head, today began trekking from Lagos to Abuja to kick against the 2nd term ambition of President Buhari.

Speaking to newsmen in Lagos as he embarked on his journey, Munlaila said Nigerian youths were angry with Buhari for failing the nation after three years at the helm of affairs.

Carrying a small box with the inscription: “R.I.P APC.”, Munlaila says he hopes his gesture will be appreciated by Nigerian youths and not vote for president Buhari in 2019.

Recall that in 2015, Suleiman Hashimu walked from Lagos to Abuja for 18 days, to celebrate Buhari’s victory at the polls.

See more photos below;

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/man-begins-trek-from-lagos-to-abuja.html

Politics / 2019: I’ll Retire Ekweremadu From Politics – VON DG, Osita Okechukwu by 5Ebiscoo: 3:35pm On Aug 22, 2018
Director General of the Voice of Nigeria (VON), Osita Okechukwu, has vowed to retire the Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, from politics.

He made this known in a statement on Wednesday while speaking on his aspiration for election into the Senate in 2019 under the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Okechukwu said he would be contesting to represent Enugu West Senatorial District, currently represented by Ekweremadu.

In the statement, Okechukwu asked his party members in the district to support his ambition, adding that he would retire Ekweremadu from the Senate.

“My dear APC compatriots, may I seek your endorsement to retire Ike Ekweremadu from the Senate. I pledge to give the good people of Enugu West Senatorial District the following service – selfless, revamp Enugu coal, eastern corridor railway and cassava and rice settlement,” he said.

Okechukwu did not, however, indicate when he would publicly declare his intention in Enugu.

A strong supporter of President Muhammadu Buhari, Okechukwu was appointed DG of VON in May 2016.

Ekweremadu, a member of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), is currently spending his fourth term at the upper legislative chamber of the National Assembly having been first elected in 2003.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/2019-ill-retire-ekweremadu-from.html

Celebrities / Transfer: Mourinho, Woodward Clash Over Martial by 5Ebiscoo: 9:01am On Aug 22, 2018
Manchester United manager, Jose Mourinho and the club’s executive vice chairman, Ed Woodward, have clashed over the sale of Anthony Martial.

Mourinho has asked Woodward to sell the France forward, before the European transfer window closes next week, says the Star.

The United boss is adamant Martial is not good enough and wants his sale to raise funds to spend on new signings in January.

But Woodward is refusing to sell Martial just for the sake of it.

On his part, Martial has done something of a U-turn and after his agent insisted over the summer that the player wanted to leave Old Trafford, he now wants to stay put and prove himself to Mourinho and his United doubters, reports the Sun.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/transfer-mourinho-woodward-clash-over.html

Politics / President Buhari Celebrates Sallah With Corps Members In His Home Town… See Thei by 5Ebiscoo: 9:49pm On Aug 21, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari is currently celebrating the Eid-el-Kabir with National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) members posted to Daura, Katsina state, the home town of the president.

GQBuzz.com gathers that Buhari disclosed this in a tweet on his official Twitter page on Tuesday, August 21, where he noted that visit by corps members posted to Daura was one of the Sallah traditions he looked forward to the most.

The president tweeted: “One of the Sallah traditions I look forward to the most is the visit by youth corpers posted to Daura. I think the NYSC is one of the best things that has happened to Nigeria, because of the opportunity it gives young Nigerians to see and know different parts of the country.

“Many of the corps members posted to Daura are from southern Nigeria,and have never lived in or experienced this part of the country. For them to be brought to the desert or near the Sahel region is a difficult thing, but I have no doubt it will make a positive impact on Nigeria.

“I welcomed them to my ancient town of Daura, and asked them to enjoy their service year, and the hospitality of the people. Regardless of where they’re from, Daura is also their home, and I hope that in the years to come they will look back to this time with fond memories.”

See photos below:

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/president-buhari-celebrates-sallah-with.html

Celebrities / Holy Molly!! Nicki Minaj Attempts To Cause A Huge Confusion As She Rocks Complet by 5Ebiscoo: 10:32am On Aug 21, 2018
Rapper, Nicki Minaj was at the centre of attraction as she wore a see-through skirt to the MTV Video Music Awards, looking like the star that she is.

See more pictures below;

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/holy-molly-nicki-minaj-attempts-to.html

Celebrities / SHOCK REPORT!!! Singer Duncan Mighty Allegedly Beats His Wife BLUE-BLACK… She’s by 5Ebiscoo: 7:45pm On Aug 20, 2018
New reports reaching us state that popular singer, Duncan Mighty allegedly battered his wife to a pulp recently.

Contrary to the life the singer flaunts on social media, there appears to be more than meets the eye concerning his marriage.

Read The viral report below:

“the woman in the picture is Vivien Nwakanma Mighty, she’s Duncan Mighty’s wife. He beat her up yesterday as if she wasn’t a human being like himself and threatened to kill her. Am sending you this to show the world, let them know who he’s really is, what he’s really is behind the social media. Fake life…”

While online reports have made fans doubt the authenticity of the report, the photo evidence has left many in awe.

PLEASE READ MORE>>>https://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/shock-report-singer-duncan-mighty.html

Kindly Visit: [url]mcebisco.com.ng[/url]

Celebrities / Yinka Ayefele: Gov. Ajimobi Under Fire Over Demolition Of Fresh Fm’s Building by 5Ebiscoo: 6:57pm On Aug 19, 2018
The Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP) has accused the Governor of Oyo State, Senator Abiola Ajimobi of executive rascality over “the unlawful demolition of Fresh FM building owned by Yinka Ayefele, and the forced evictions of residents by the Oyo State government”.

SERAP, in a statement on Sunday signed by its deputy director, Timothy Adewale, condemned the “gross abuse of powers by the Oyo State government and governor Ajimobi against a radio station simply doing their job.”

SEEAP insisted that the action was politically-motivated, patently arbitrary and entirely inconsistent with international human rights standards and national laws.

The organization said, “the destruction of a radio station on the grounds that the Oyo state government dislikes their work is a textbook case of repression of media freedom and violation of the right to adequate housing. The authorities must immediately stop the demolition, ensure appropriate repairs of the building and adequate compensation, and guarantee of non-repetition. SERAP will challenge this violent and reckless destruction of Ayefele’s Fresh FM in court.

“The Oyo State government has not only engaged in forced eviction but also violated the right to adequate housing, the right to freedom of expression and media freedom.

“It is the obligation of Oyo State government to ensure that Ayefele and everyone affected by this act of illegality is adequately compensated for the property of Fresh FM that has been demolished.

“Nigeria is a state party to the International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights which requires Oyo State government to refrain from arbitrary forced evictions and arbitrary destruction of resources that individuals and families have invested in building their homes.

“Nigeria has also ratified the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, which protects individuals from arbitrary or unlawful interference with his privacy, family, home or correspondence, and guarantees everyone the right to the protection of the law against such interference or attack.

“In its “Resolution on Forced Evictions,” the U.N. Commission on Human Rights affirmed that forced evictions constitute a gross violation of human rights.

“The term “forced eviction” is defined for the purposes of international law as the permanent or temporary removal against their will of individuals, families and/or communities from the homes and/or land which they occupy, without the provision of, and access to, appropriate forms of legal or other protection.

“It is important to note that international standards focus on protecting individuals who occupy homes and land and do not depend on any particular form of ownership title to the land or house, nor on the legality of the occupancy.”

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/yinka-ayefele-gov-ajimobi-under-fire.html

Celebrities / I Didn’t Buy My University Certificate – Nina Bbnaija by 5Ebiscoo: 10:52am On Aug 19, 2018
Background

My upbringing was exciting and I didn’t lack anything. Though I wasn’t born with a silver spoon, my parents did all they could do to give my siblings and I the best. We are five children; I am the fourth child but the last girl. I have two sisters and two brothers. My mother is a businesswoman and a contractor, while my father has stopped working. He was an engineer prior to retirement. My parents are very strict Christians. My mother, for instance, doesn’t believe in pampering children. All the times I misbehaved, she didn’t hesitate to use the cane or slap me. Till today, she doesn’t tolerate any form of indiscipline from her children.

I have always wanted to be a celebrity and a wealthy woman. I guess my dream is coming to reality.

Education

For my elementary education, I attended Wesley International Nursery and Primary School, Owerri, Imo State. I later proceeded to the Federal Government Girls College, Umuahia, Abia State. I recently finished my university education at the Imo State University, Owerri, where I studied English Language and Literary Studies.

Parental support

Inasmuch as I was brought up in a strict way, my parents have always seen me as a go-getter and they are usually surprised by the things I do despite my young age. They have always given me the freedom to do the things that I like to do. Even though I didn’t inform them that I wanted to go for the Big Brother Naija audition, they didn’t try to stop me when I told them about it. My mother was only worried that it could affect my studies, but I assured her I would catch up once I was done with the reality show. My parents have always supported my dreams.

BBNaija

When I was selected for BBNaija 2018, I didn’t go into the house with the intention of winning; I just wanted to be among the top five. But at some point, I didn’t think I would last long in the house as I became scared and overshadowed by other housemates. Being among the last five was a big surprise to me; I think God has a hand in my feat.

Changes

A lot of things have changed about me. I have a business of my own and I am open to a lot of opportunities right now. I am known by many now and also a graduate.

Graduation

I am happy I was able to graduate with my peers despite the time I spent at BBNaija. I am aware that a lot of people think I bought my certificate, but I really worked hard when I returned to school. I spoke with my lecturers on the way forward and I was asked to retake the examinations I missed. I had to sit for two examinations within a short period. I didn’t miss assignments and tests; I submitted all my assignments before I went for Big Brother.

Pressure

It has not been easy coping with the expectations and challenges that come with fame. Sometimes, I wish I could go back to my life before BBNaija but it is not possible. If wishes were horses, beggars would ride. Yes, truly I wish I could still go back to the former Nina because I don’t have my privacy any longer. I cannot even live the way I want, as people are watching me closely.

Picture theft

According to my business page handler, she collected a photo from someone and used it on my page because we had the hair. The next thing I saw was a lady accusing me of using her hair to promote my business. I try to ignore many things and replying her was unnecessary. I only used her picture; I didn’t take her hair. I don’t need negative things in my life, which explains why I didn’t take it seriously. I have developed a thick skin to negative comments and criticisms. I am getting used to social media and its drama, though I try as much as possible to stay away from it.

Men

To be honest with you, I meet admirers every day but I don’t take them seriously. I feel they are all interested in my fame. I am just friends with people who knew me before I became famous.

Miracle

Based on past experience, I try to keep my relationship private. My relationship with Miracle is personal. I regard myself as a romantic lady;as long as I love the person.

Acid threat on Cee-C

I don’t really want to talk about their issues (Cee-C, Tobi and Alex), but I don’t have anything against any former housemate. The fact that I have decided not to say a word on their feud doesn’t mean I didn’t see it.

Current projects

We are working on our new body products; soaps, creams and others. I am currently collaborating with Tiannah’s Empire and we will announce it soon. People can call me whatever they like but I call myself a businesswoman.

Fashion

I have always loved fashion since my childhood. The way I dress depends on my mood and where I’m heading to. However, I like pink and black colours.

Relaxation

I like to swim and stay indoors with my loved ones. Whenever I am home, I like to watch movies or read books on romance and business.

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/i-didnt-buy-my-university-certificate.html

Celebrities / Ice K Of Artquake Welcomes A Baby Boy In The U.S by 5Ebiscoo: 10:50am On Aug 18, 2018
Nigerian music star, Ice K of Artquake group, has welcomed a baby boy in the United States.

The excited father who shared the baby arrival news on Instagram, disclosing that he has already been christened ‘Awesome’.

Ice K wrote on Instagram;

Unto us a child is born unto us a child is Given and his name shall be called A W E S O M E .. welcome to the world Hommie Welcome to U. S. A Welcome to ICEMPIRE”

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/ice-k-of-artquake-welcomes-baby-boy-in.html

Politics / IPOB Woman Collapses During Protest Held For Nnamdi Kanu In Imo [photos] by 5Ebiscoo: 9:55pm On Aug 17, 2018
A woman collapsed this morning during a protest held by women of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, to demand the whereabouts of their leader Nnamdi Kanu.

The women took to streets in Owerri, Imo state, demanding to have answers about the whereabouts of Nnamdi Kanu who disappeared on September 14, 2017, after his home was invaded by the Nigerian Army.

As they marched, one of their members fainted and was resuscitated by her fellow IPOB members.

The protest comes one day after the Nigerian Army announced its readiness to embark on Operation Python Dance III in major communities in the South East.

More photos below;

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/ipob-woman-collapses-during-protest.html

Celebrities / Kano University Student Breaks Down In Tears As Her Soldier Boyfriend Proposes T by 5Ebiscoo: 2:14pm On Aug 17, 2018
A young lady broke down in tears when her soldier boyfriend went on one knee and proposed to her with a ring.

The proposal took place in front of the Faculty of Law in Bayero University, Kano. He was reportedly about to leave on an assignment when he popped the question.

In a video shared online, the girl is seen crying before she then gives him her hand to put the ring as other students cheered.

Watch the video below;

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/kano-university-student-breaks-down-in.html

Celebrities / Popular Musician,ayefele Sues Oyo Govt Over Demolition by 5Ebiscoo: 9:49am On Aug 17, 2018
Popular musician, Yinka Ayefela, has sued the Oyo State Government over the planned demolition of his Music House, a sprawling structure housing his radio station, Fresh FM.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the state government had marked the structure located on the Challenge-Toll Gate road for demolition for allegedly contravening the state’s planning laws.

But Mr Ayefele had approached an Oyo State High Court sitting in Ibadan seeking to stop the planned demolition.

Mr Ayefele’s counsel, Olayinka Bolanle, in an exparte motion, filed before the court, sought for an order of the court restraining the state government from demolishing the property pending the determination of the suit.

Mr Bolanle also stated that due process was followed in the construction of the structure while relevant approvals were obtained from the state’s departments and agencies associated with land and housing.

Judge, I. Yerima, however, ordered the claimant to ensure service of the court process on the respondent and adjourned the case till Monday for the hearing of the exparte motion.

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/popular-musicianayefele-sues-oyo-govt.html

Celebrities / Study Shows Why Rich Men Love Smaller Breasts, Poor Men Prefer Big Breasts by 5Ebiscoo: 12:31am On Aug 17, 2018
Study has shown that rich men love women with small breasts, while the poor love those with big bust.

Psychologists Viren Swami and Martin Tovée conducted a study, which investigated whether men’s access to resources would influence their preferences for breast size in women.

According to Metro UK, the duo carried out two experiments in which they tested whether men who lack material goods would find larger breasts more desirable than men who do have material goods.

For the first experiment, they explored the relationship between financial security and men’s preferences in breast size. They recruited 266 men from three parts of Malaysia that varied in socio-economic status – low, medium and high.

Each participant was shown animated female figures, each varying in breast size. They then rated them out of five for physical attractiveness. And it turned out, men with a lower socio-economic status found larger breasts more appealing than those with a higher socio-economic status.

They then compared breast size ratings in a second experiment which reflected upon the evolutionary perspective of breast size – being that it is a signal of a woman’s ability to bear and nurture a child. But this time, they did it based on a full stomach.

They used 66 hungry male university students, and 55 with satisfied appetites to test whether the security of food had an effect on their preferences, participating as they either entered or exited their campus cafeteria between 6pm and 7pm.

They also only used white males for this study, as ethnicity is known to influence breast size preferences.

Again, they were shown five women with varying sized breasts. And apparently, the hungry males preferred the bigger breasted women more than the satiated men.

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/study-shows-why-rich-men-love-smaller.html

Celebrities / I Am Ready For 2019- Funke Adesiyan by 5Ebiscoo: 4:16pm On Aug 16, 2018
Nollywood actress and politician, Funke Adesiyan known for her controversial views on social media has declared that she is ready for 2019 elections.

The busty entrepreneur and entertainer made this known on her Instagram page.

The ‘Eti Keta’ actress once contested for a seat in the Oyo State House of Assembly under the umbrella of the People Democratic Party (PDP) to represent Ibadan South East State Constituency in 2015 . She however lost the election.

No one If she will be re-contesting in 2019, but her declaration has sparked the interest of her fans.

Adesiyan recently recounted how she collapsed after herdsmen invaded her farm.

According to her:” I remember this day 2016. 3 months prior, I’d just acquired 5 hectares of land at Ijebu Omu for watermelon farming. I was in such a high spirit looking forward to planting the new hybrid seedlings that had just surfaced. I was sleeping at a room apartment I rented in the village so I could be closer to farmland. We went to work. Cleared the land, sunk the borehole, layed the pipes for irrigation so water can be sufficient as watermelon feeds hugely on water and environment. We planted. I left the farm maintenance to the farm manager. I was so tired that I needed to take a holiday so bad but Ranti, my friend who just struck a deal with a Nigerian-Indian company who needed tomato suppliers who can be consistent was waiting. So we headed to Iseyin from Ijebu to see the expansion on our Tomato farm.I stopped in Ibadan on my way from Iseyin to have a drink with my constituents and my favourite Amala Turaya at Yemetu.

“On getting to Lagos, I had only 5days to prepare for my China trip as my partners from Iran and Pakistan wanted us to tour Hunan, a province popular for it’s tea Cultivation. As a “soji girl” that I am, I exploit all money making avenues around me. I needed to shop for my milk and Sardines that I will sell in China to cover my hotel bills. (Ogbon lo gba) So I spent one whole month in China from Shanghai to Yiwu to Hunan to Sixuan to Pinyin to Hanzhou and finally Guangzhou where I met my beautiful Abuja babe, Mobola. I was tired and drained mentally and physically. I had a week stopover in Dubai which I’d to cancel cos I just wanted to be in the strong embrace of my #ejika the best man any woman can ask for.As I turned my phone on at Dubai airport, text messages came in from my watermelon farm manager that #fulaniherdsmen had come into my farm and their cows had destroyed our watermelon that was due for Cultivation oh how i cried! I collapsed right there at Dubai airport. I was rushed to the emergency hospital and was on admission for the 5days I didn’t want to spend! (Man proposes….) This Picture was taken the 2nd day by my Doctor”,she revealed.

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/i-am-ready-for-2019-funke-adesiyan.html

Politics / 2019: Why Buhari Is Under Pressure To Run For Second Term – Presidency by 5Ebiscoo: 10:16am On Aug 16, 2018
The Presidency, yesterday, explained why there is pressure from within and outside the country on President Muhammadu Buhari to seek a second term in office.

According to the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, relevant stakeholders recognised President Buhari as possessing the capacity to stabilise the country.

Shehu also informed journalists in Abuja that the President would contest and win next year’s election by a wider margin.

He said: “President Buhari will run in 2019 and he will win. The pressure is even coming from outside the country for him to run, because they belief is that there is the need for Buhari’s firm hands to stabilize the country.”

He stated that irrespective of the high level of hatred and fake news being circulated on the social media, what will be in 2019 will be, and “what will happen is that President Muhammadu Buhari would win with a wider margin of ballots than he polled in 2015.”

He said facts on the ground reveal that President Buhari had recorded monumental achievements in the past three years, particularly in infrastructure, security and fight against corruption, such that greater percentage of Nigerians want him back in office for a second term.

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/2019-why-buhari-is-under-pressure-to.html

1 Like

Politics / BREAKING: Victor Moses Quits Super Eagles by 5Ebiscoo: 7:51pm On Aug 15, 2018
Super Eagles player, Victor Moses, has announced his retirement from international football.

Moses who made the disclosure of his retirement known to the public, said he did so as to best focus on his club career and family.

His words: “I have experienced some of the best moments of my life wearing the Super Eagles shirt and have memories with me that will last a lifetime. Nothing will ever compete to what it felt like to represent Nigeria on behalf of our country.

However I feel that now is the right time to step away in order to be able to focus fully on club career and my young family as well as to allow the next generation of Super Eagles stars the opportunity to step up and to flourish. We are blessed as a nation to have so many exciting young players coming through and now is their time.

There are so many highlights that stand out for me over the years; from making my debut, to playing in two World Cups and being a part of the team to win the African Nations Cup for first time for our nation since 1994 being just a few of them.

I have already spoken to the manager by telephone and would like to say thank you to him and his staff, the NFF and all of my teammates for all of their support over the years. Most importantly I would like to say thank you to the Nigerian people for believing in me and supporting me over the years. It’s meant the world to me and my family and I will always be a proud Nigerian supporting the team.
Thank you for the memories and good luck to the team for the future ��”

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/breaking-victor-moses-quits-super-eagles.html

Crime / TRAGEDY!! 24 Die, 22 Injured In Bus Accident [see Pictures] by 5Ebiscoo: 10:26am On Aug 15, 2018
A bus carrying travelers from Colombia and Venezuela crashed in Ecuador early Tuesday, killing 24 people and injuring 22 others, officials said.

The dead included an unspecified number of Venezuelans and Colombians, whose embassies were notified of the accident outside Quito, they said.

“Most of the victims were Colombians,” said Juan Zapata, security secretary for the capital city.

The bus, which had foreign license plates, was on a downward stretch of highway 30 kilometers (20 miles) east of Quito when it struck an all-terrain vehicle and overturned, slamming into three houses on the side of the road, officials said.

Three Ecuadorans in the all-terrain vehicle were among the dead, said Christian Rivera, the head of Quito’s emergency operations committee. Also killed were three children, he said.

“The work is focused on identifying the Colombian and Venezuela citizens, most of whom have died,” he said.

“Our emergency teams went to the site to support the rescue work. We extend our solidarity to the families,” Rivera said on Twitter.

A Quito fire department official, Veronica Toapanta, said that the crash took place at dawn between the towns of Pifo and Papallacta.

Traffic accidents are among the leading causes of death in Ecuador. According to the watchdog group Justicia Vial, on average seven people are killed and some 80 people injured each day in traffic accidents.

And 96 percent of those accidents are due to human error, according to the group’s figures.

On Sunday, 12 people were killed and 30 injured when a bus carrying fans of Barcelona SC, Ecuador’s most popular football club based in Guayaquil, ran off the highway and flipped.

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/tragedy-24-die-22-injured-in-bus.html

Politics / Breaking! Court Orders Arrest Of INEC Chairman… In Preparation To Send Him To Ja by 5Ebiscoo: 7:26pm On Aug 14, 2018
The Federal High Court, Abuja, on Tuesday insisted that the Inspector-General of Police must arrest and produce the Chairman, Independent National Electoral Commission, Prof. Mahmood Yakubu in court on Aug. 16, the News Agency of Nigeria, NAN, reports.

Justice Stephen Pam gave the order following the absence of Yakubu’s team of lawyers in court and there was no explanation as to why they were absent.

Pam said, “At the commencement of proceedings, counsel for the applicant, Kanayo Okafor, informed the court that the Court of Appeal on Monday asked the court to stay proceedings in the matter.

“The counsel for the respondent is not in court and no reason has been given for their absence.

“The contempt proceedings and the bench warrant issued for the arrest of Prof. Mahmood Yakubu, INEC chairman still subsists, the I-G is to carry out the order of the arrest of Yakubu.

“This court being a court of record has nothing to prove that there was an order for stay from the Court of Appeal.”

However, while the judge was delivering his ruling, a lawyer in the team of Yakubu’s counsel walked into the court and made attempts to call the judge’s attention to his presence.

This was, however, in vain as Justice Pam adjourned the matter until Aug. 16 for continuation.

The News Agency of Nigeria gathered that the counsel was late because he was at the Court of Appeal making efforts to get the ruling to present to the lower court, but the ruling was not yet ready.

The court had on August 1, issued a bench warrant for the arrest of Yakubu for “flagrant” disobedience of court orders.

Also, the Court of Appeal vacated the arrest order on Monday and ordered a stay of proceedings pending the determination of the substantive case.

The lower court, however, insisted that no such order had been communicated to it and being a court of record, it needed a document to show that there was such an order and not verbal information.

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/breaking-court-orders-arrest-of-inec.html

Celebrities / Kevin Hart And Eniko Parrish Celebrate Second Wedding Anniversary by 5Ebiscoo: 8:24am On Aug 14, 2018
Kevin Hart, 39, and Eniko Parrish, 33, had nothing but sweet sentiments for each other on their second wedding anniversary on Monday.

The 39-year-old actor declared that he loved Eniko ‘to the moon and back’ as they each shared flashbacks to their romantic beach ceremony on Instagram, after putting the events of 2017 firmly in the past.

It’s been eight months since Kevin said he remained ‘hopeful’ that his wife would forgive him for being unfaithful while she was pregnant with their youngest son Kenzo Kash, and already the couple seem stronger than ever.

In a heartfelt post, Kevin wrote: ‘What’s understood doesn’t need to be said….You get me & I get you….I’m glad we GOT each other!!!! Love u to the moon & back. Happy anniversary @enikohart #Harts (sic)’

Eniko later posted a professional video of the couple’s first dance to If I Ain’t Got You, which was performed by the artist Alicia Keys herself.

She wrote alongside it: ‘Happy Anniversary my love! It’s only been 2 yrs so far and it already feels like a lifetime with you. Cheers to another year of love, light, & laughter as the HARTS! @kevinhart4real (sic)’

Night School actor Kevin – who also has daughter Heaven, 13, and son Hendrix, 10, with his ex-wife Torrei Hart – welcomed his first child with Eniko last December.

It was the same month that Kevin confessed to cheating on Eniko in Las Vegas, in the midst of threats that the footage would be released to the media.

Kevin explained: ‘You don’t plan to f**k up. You f**k up, and then you go, “Oh s**t, I f**ked up… I’m gonna go home, I’m gonna address it.

‘”I’m gonna make my wife fully aware of what’s going on in the situation that I have now put us in and I’m hoping that she has a heart to where she can forgive me and understand that this is not going to be a reoccurring thing and allow me to recover from my f**king massive mistake.”

‘That’s what I’m trying to do not only as a man, but within teaching a lesson to my son.’

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/kevin-hart-and-eniko-parrish-celebrate.html

Politics / Akpabio Talks On Plot To Pronounce His Seat Empty by 5Ebiscoo: 12:50am On Aug 14, 2018
Former Senate Minority Leader, Senator Godswill Akpabio, on Monday stated that he is not perturbed over an alleged plot to declare his seat vacant.

Akpabio also said that he was not aware that the Senate would reconvene on Tuesday.

The former Akwa Ibom Governor insisted that if the Senate President, Bukola Saraki declares his seat vacant, Saraki’s seat should also be declared vacant, especially when there is no division in the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Asked specifically if he is perturbed about reports that his seat might be declared vacant due to his defection to the APC, Akpabio told reporters in Abuja: “Even as you are looking at me, do I look perturbed? I have not heard the report. Because the reason why I think that is a rumour is that there is, at the moment, no division in the APC.

“The APC is one family. If you hear about R-APC that was not really a political party, that was not a division, it has since been consumed in what they call Coalition of United Political Parties (CUPP).

“So, there is no division. And so, any defection from APC to PDP, we will like to declare those seats vacant.”

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/akpabio-talks-on-plot-to-pronounce-his.html

Celebrities / “how Olu Jacobs Knew I Was An Adopted Child” – Joke Silva by 5Ebiscoo: 7:29am On Aug 13, 2018
Veteran Actress, Joke SIlva was featured on a recent edition of LOVEHAVEN magazine, and she spoke on her adoption and how she got to know she was adopted by her parents.

The 56-year-old veteran, was adopted by the late Chief E.A Silva, a reputable lawyer, the then Babajiro of Lagos and his wife late Dr Abimbola Silva a pioneering female doctor, who died in July 2015.

Mrs Joke Silva revealed this recently at the first Annual Conference of Heritage Adoption Support and Advocacy Group (HASAAG).

Panelists at the conference which held in Lagos included a representative from United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) Mr. Wilfred Mamah, Mrs. Bridget Ituseli, a counsellor, public speaker, marriage facilitator, teacher and Writer Mrs.Bami Obasanya, who is the Chief Welfare Officer, Child Adoption and Fostering Unit of the Ministry of Youth and Social Welfare, Lagos State, Mr. Oluwatoyin Kotun.

Revelation

I remembered going out with my cousin and we met a big cousin She introduced me as ‘my cousin’s daughter and this is Dr Silva’s daughter.’ Then, the older cousin was like, ‘Dr. Silva ke? Se Doctor Silva bimo ni? (meaning does Dr. Silva have a child?) . Did Dr Silva ever has a child?’

I was so confused and when I got home I told my mum, ‘I met this lady that says you never had a child.’ My mum froze and she said, ‘don’t mind them, they are used to rubbish talk.’

But I got to know years later when I wanted to travel and was looking for my passport where my mum kept it. Since she was not around, I opened the box in her absence and I saw my adoption papers. I never discussed it with my mum because I felt it was something that would hurt her, that was why, it was kept secret from me.

Amazing Parents

But I had incredible memories of my amazing parents for allowing me to do my A Level in England and going to one of the best schools in Bournemouth (a seaside resort on the southern coast of England) coming back after my A level with two of them having an argument on what I was going to do because I had failed my A level having done it for the third time then. I had done it thrice because I changed from science to Arts— I didn’t do well at all.

My father said, ‘Joke, go back and do your A levels again and my Mom said, let this girl go and do the drama.’ They came into middle ground, and as you can see I am still in drama today.

Bringing Olu Jacobs home

Several years later, I brought home the one I wanted to marry and my mum asked my husband, if he knew I was adopted and he answered in affirmation that I had already told him.

Many years later, there was another memory of a very nasty member of our family. My mummy always very supportive of her relatives sat on our balcony and said my aunty would never be supportive of her because in the Yoruba language, ‘won o kuku bimo’ (she never supported her because she didn’t have a child of her own.)

When I heard about it I did what Pastor Rapu called the unchristian thing. (May God forgive me. I dealt with her, till today, she never believed what I did that day to her, but I dealt with her by being so cold towards her. She would never forget it.

Letting my kids know

I then realized that I needed to tell my children about my adoption. I don’t want anybody to tell them in a way it wouldn’t be supportive. I called my children and I told them the ABC of my adoption story. They now told me that grandma had already told them. It was then I learn that somebody in my son’s school had told him about his mum being adopted. He told grandma and grandma told him everything. Little wonder, my mum and Soji, my son were very close. Till she died, my mum my son remained inseparable.

Olu and I Lost Our Daughter

I have memories of my firstborn Dayo who died at the age of 10 and a half years. She was in coma and my husband would not allowed them removed her from life support until my mom came. He needed my mom’s approval then because grandma was so close to Dayo, they were inseparable.

She gave the go-ahead for her to be removed by saying she was better up there than making her suffer on life support. My mum was the one that saw us through because my dad already had a stroke and couldn’t be of help at all then.

I remember when my mother saw the health of my husband, who was deteriorating over the death of our daughter. She gave my husband a cheque of a hefty sum to go and complete the house we were building then. But because of how arrogant our husbands could be on matters like that, he rejected the offer of his mother-in-law, and quickly gathered himself together to go and complete the house.

Celebrating Late Parents

My mother is the first person who taught me how to pray and she told me, whatever the problem, her own father, Bishop Phillips, taught her to kneel down and pray on any issues bothering her life.

Whenever I go to her, she said, “Joke have you being on your kneels, oya take it to Baba God in prayer. Take it to daddy in prayer.”

In the Silva’s Will

Even in their wills, I was well protected. My Daddy being a lawyer said in his will that all his children, both adopted and biological, should be treated equally. I was not stressed in anyway. We were all well taken care of till my mum died at the age of 89. At 56, I still miss her but I know she has definitely gone back to her father.

On her sick bed I always sang her favorite tunes, she would be imputing the melodious tunes and she died singing to her Lord. She had prepared her family before my coming into her life because I had an incredible big Silva family.

I have a very big family I am the first daughter, I carried the responsibility of a first daughter. Everybody in my family cannot take any decision until sister Joke has come. I can’t call my parents adopted parents. They are my parents”

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/how-olu-jacobs-knew-i-was-adopted-child.html

1 Like

Politics / Former Acting Governor, Barka Finally Dumps APC by 5Ebiscoo: 10:36am On Aug 12, 2018
Ambassador James Barka, a former acting governor of Adamawa State and ally of Governor Umaru Jibrilla has dumped the ruling All Progressives Congress.

Adamawa is the country home of a 2019 presidential aspirant on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Atiku Abubakar.

While renouncing his membership of the APC, Barka also cracked his ties with the state governor on account of what he termed as ‘lack of integrity.’

Barka explained that his planned defection to PDP was “because of its plethora of failed promises and lack of credible leadership”.

The former Nigerian ambassador to Malaysia was also a member of the Presidential Committee on Northeast Initiative (PCNI).

Stating his reason for leaving the party, the former Adamawa State acting governor lamented his neglect by the party and the governor’s lack of integrity.

He said, “People should have integrity. When you say A, it should be A.

“When you say, Chairman let’s meet tomorrow by 11am; it should be so”.

He added, “This is a government I helped to build, spending my resources and time, but today they hardly recognise whether we exist at all”.

Barka’s defection to the PDP on Friday was announced when the Adamawa State PDP chairman and other party leaders visited him at his residence in Yola.

“APC has failed Nigerians in a number of ways. We left the PDP in 2014 because of impunity but surprisingly, APC has become worse when it comes to impunity”, Barka said.

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/former-acting-governor-barka-finally.html

Crime / SARS Officers Allegedly Tag Student Yahoo Boy, Extort 17k From Him by 5Ebiscoo: 10:07pm On Aug 11, 2018
A Nigerian student simply identified as @da_yor on Twitter has taken to the platform to narrate how he was extorted by some SARS officers who called him a yahoo boy after checking his bitcoin wallet.

According to the Nigerian student, the incident occurred at Iwo Road in Osun State after he alighted from a bus going to board another going to Osogbo area of the state.

Here are tweets from the Nigerian student below;

My worst encounter with SARS Officer today @segalink. Exactly 12.30 today i entered Ibadan from Abeokuta. My bus stopped at iwo road so i could get another bus going to my destination which is Osogbo.

Getting down i was approached by a SARS officer he asked for my name and a valid means of identification i told him my name and showed him my business card. He asked what i do for a living i said am a student and also into Crypto- currency.

He immediately asked for my phone and i was open to give it to him he checked over and over again and saw nothing. But my transactions and bitcoin wallet since he saw bitcoin transactions he tagged me a yahoo boy.

He said “See the way him dress he wear designer him be yahoo boy”I was still in shock and next thing he forced me into their car nd took me to their station at AYEPE. Got their the so called station was empty nd it was just the three officers from the point where they stopped me.

Asked them for a valid means of identification but they refused to show me, he asked me for 50k to bail myself and he would allow me leave. I told him am not paying anything that am not a Yahoo boy and since they cannot even bring any evidence against me..

He threatened to kill me and immediately two officers brought out their guns and pointed them at me and said that i should start making calls to people so they can send me money and they can leave me. I got scared and since i had nobody to talk to nd felt am about to lose my life.

After that i made some calls to friends and was able to raise some money they took me over to the WEMA BANK along new ife road and forced me to withdraw 17,000.

They are really becoming a threat to the society. So right now in Nigeria you cannot dress well again ? If you dress well automatically that makes you a Yahoo boy. They look like thieves no identity card or any other means of identification.

I was surprised a law enforcement officer could go this length to extort money from me since he had gun to threaten me and threatened to waste my life all in the name of taking money from me.

I’m glad am safe now after all they collected money from me i was just thankful to my friends that was able to help me cos i would never imagine what could have happened if their was no money to give them. #EndSARS #StopTheBrutality

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/sars-officers-allegedly-tag-student.html

Crime / End Of The Road! Police Parade Corpses Of Three Armed Robbers Killed During Foil by 5Ebiscoo: 10:32am On Aug 11, 2018
The Edo State Police on Friday, paraded bodies of the three armed robbers killed in a gun duel with the police during foiled robbery attack on two banks in Igarra, headquarters of Akoko- Edo Local Government Area of the State.

Twelve persons, including a policeman, were killed on Thursday evening, when the dare-devil armed robbers invaded a police station and two commercial banks, Unity Bank and Keystone Bank.

Among those killed in the police station were two detainees who were said to have been arrested Thursday morning for minor offences, one of them was reportedly arrested for incomplete vehicle particulars.

The armed men had first attacked the police station which is about 1.2 kilometers away from the banks, where they burnt the official vehicle of the newly posted Area Commander, apparently to demobilise the only means of neutralising their act and also killed a policeman.

Three other persons were said to have also met their untimely death near the police station from the barrels of the guns of the dare-devil armed robbers.

Four other persons were reportedly killed within the premises of the two banks. It was gathered that the armed men could not get access to the vaults of the banks.

However, the police in the banks exchanged gunfire with the robbers, killing three while another unknown person was said to have been caught in the cross fire.

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/end-of-road-police-parade-corpses-of.html

Celebrities / Melania Trump’s Parents Get US Citizenship Under Program Slammed By Trump by 5Ebiscoo: 5:58pm On Aug 10, 2018
The Slovenian-born parents of Melania Trump became US citizens at a naturalization ceremony in New York on Thursday, reportedly taking advantage of a family reunification program President Donald Trump has vehemently denounced.

Trump’s in-laws Viktor and Amalija Knavs took the oath of citizenship, their immigration lawyer Michael Wildes confirmed to AFP.

Asked by the New York Times if they had obtained citizenship under a program derisively branded “chain migration” by the president, Wildes replied: “I suppose.”

He said chain migration, which allows naturalized US citizens to sponsor close relatives for permanent residency, was a “dirtier” way of characterizing what he called “a bedrock of our immigration process when it comes to family reunification.”

Trump has taken a hardline on immigration policy, criticizing so-called chain migration.

The Republican president has said such a system steals jobs from Americans and threatens national security, calling for a merit-based system that gives preference to more educated, English-speaking professionals.

Writing on Twitter in November, Trump made his views on the system clear.

“CHAIN MIGRATION must end now! Some people come in, and they bring their whole family with them, who can be truly evil. NOT ACCEPTABLE!”

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/melania-trumps-parents-get-us.html

Crime / BARBARISM!! Girl Severely BURNT Over WITCHCRAFT Allegations In Akwa Ibom. Photos by 5Ebiscoo: 11:43am On Aug 10, 2018
A young girl simply identified as Queen has recovered after being rescued from being burnt to death over witchcraft allegations.

The girl was saved and rehabilitated by Anja Lovren, a Danish human rights fighter in Akwa Ibom State and is now doing well one year after the attack.
The Danish worker shared the pictures of the girl on her social media account yesterday as she highlighted the work her organization is doing in the region to help children like Queen.

The Danish woman wrote;

“The scars on her body will never go away. It´s a reminder of the superstition so deeply rooted in the African culture. Queen has been with us for a year now.
In the beginning she was terrified, weak and very fragile. But our team led by our Director of Child Development @nsidibeorok have worked so hard to make her a strong girl again. To make her feel worthy of love. To give her self-esteem.

You can recognize survivors of abuse by their courage. One day Queen will tell her story. Her will to survive and strength is remarkable. She is my little hero.”

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/barbarism-girl-severely-burnt-over.html

Politics / Defection: Why I’ve Not Dumped PDP For APC Yet – Uduaghan by 5Ebiscoo: 8:14am On Aug 09, 2018
A former Governor of Delta State, Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan has revealed why he has not dumped the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

The former Governor addressed rumours of his imminent defection from the PDP to the All Progressives Congress, APC, in an interview with reporters in Delta State on Wednesday.

He spoke in response to weeks of rumour around the state that Uduaghan would be defecting to the APC and use the party’s ticket to stand for the Delta South seat in the Senate.

Asked to respond to the issue, yesterday, the former Governor said there were high level interventions that have kept him back in the party.

Uduaghan said, “It is not true that I would be defecting either today (Wednesday) or tomorrow, but there have been a lot of interventions going on from the likes of Chief Ibori, the governor (Okowa) and some party leaders.

“In the last few days, they have been talking and I am listening to them. So, basically, some elders have intervened on the matter, and I am listening to them.”

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/defection-why-ive-not-dumped-pdp-for.html

Celebrities / Tuface Idibia Reacts To DSS National Assembly Invasion by 5Ebiscoo: 11:09am On Aug 08, 2018
Legendary musician, Innocent Idibia, better known as Tuface has reacted to the siege on the National Assembly by operatives of the Department of State Services, DSS.

News broke Tuesday morning that masked DSS personnel had blocked all entrances into the National Assembly complex as well as mounted sentry near the legislative house to provide cover for the impeachment of the presiding officers of the Senate by senators of the All Progressives Congress, APC.

As expected, the polity soon became heated and Nigerians became divided in their opinions of what was going on in the National Assembly.

However, Tuface, via his Twitter handle, urged Nigerians not to be deceived by the impeachment drama staged by the senior lawmakers, adding that the politicians had lost every sense of shame in their game of maneuvering.

The music artiste tweeted: “Only a few knew exactly what went down at the National Assembly.

“Now, poor Nigerians are fighting each other.

“Please, don’t let these politicians fool you. There’s no shame in their game anymore.”

It could be recalled that last year, Tuface pulled out of his planned protest to the National Assembly and the State House, Aso Villa over the hardship faced by the masses.

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/tuface-idibia-reacts-to-dss-national.html

Celebrities / 9ice’s Ex-wife, Toni Payne Still Searching For True Love 7 Years After Their Div by 5Ebiscoo: 9:56pm On Aug 06, 2018
Singer 9ice’s ex-wife, Toni Payne who got divorced about 7 years ago is staying single till she finds her forever love.

She wrote:

“Staying Single till I find my forever love, a man who will love and cherish me, loyally and faithfully for an entire lifetime because I deserve nothing but the best. For real… Hahaha.”

9ice and Tony Payne parted ways when rumours emerged that she had an affair with rapper, Ruggedman while being married to him. The drama led to the exchange of diss tracks from loyalists of both parties including the major actors themselves.

9ice and Ruggedman later settled while Tony Payne relocated to the United States of America with the son she had with 9ice.

9ice, 38, has put another woman in the family way.

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/9ices-ex-wife-toni-payne-still.html

Celebrities / Bbnaija Ex-housemates Step Out In Style For An Event In Warri (photos) by 5Ebiscoo: 2:31pm On Aug 06, 2018
Former Big Brother Naija housemates have reunited at an event in the city of Warri in Delta state.

Photos have emerged, showing how some former big brother Naija housemates reunited at an event yesterday.

The BBNaija stars stepped out yesterday for an event in Warri, and they all looked absolutely stunning as they rocked their different outfits elegantly.

Ex housemates like BamBam, Nina, Teddy A, Rico, Ifu Ennada, Angel, Bitto, Dee-One Vandora and Princess were all there.

The reality stars have individually been trying to make a name for themselves in the entertainment industry since they came out of the Big Bother Naija house but once in a while, like on this occasion, they meet each other to enjoy a nice time.

See more photos below:

PLEASE READ MORE>>>http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/bbnaija-ex-housemates-step-out-in-style.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (of 13 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.