Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,157 members, 7,864,024 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:31 AM

5thNOTE's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 5thNOTE's Profile / 5thNOTE's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (of 8 pages)

Islam for Muslims / Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by 5thNOTE: 10:32pm On Dec 04, 2013
If nt for dereliction of our rulers and D rules, is there suppose to be anything like Sharia? In a democracy, which is the reason for nigeria, it neither an Islamic State or a Christain state. Is simply respect all religion that are nt a threat to public peace and coexistence. No single religion can declare it laws as such place is under D territory that declares demorcracy. U are free to choose ur religion and it must be subject to D upper law of democracy.
Travel / Re: Will You Pay To Visit Historic Sites In Yoruba Land? by 5thNOTE: 10:03pm On Dec 04, 2013
It is a good initiative and should be affordably reasonable.
Politics / Re: Senate Seeks 7yrs Jail Term For Social Media Critics Nairaland Sahara Reporters by 5thNOTE: 9:49pm On Dec 04, 2013
abubaka101:
Didn't u read the post, an APC boss supports it....
U dont knw that Wether PDP or APC , that they are all one. It is power intrest that is there. They puting laws that will help them steal without interferance frm D masses while they themselves are nt held by such laws.
Politics / Re: Senate Seeks 7yrs Jail Term For Social Media Critics Nairaland Sahara Reporters by 5thNOTE: 9:39pm On Dec 04, 2013
abbakacici: The Senate has reached an advanced stage to pass a bill that seeks seven years jail term for social media critics found guilty of inciting the public against the government.
The proposed legislation which has scaled second reading in the upper legislative chamber is also proposing a stiffer punishment for internet fraudsters and scammers in Nigeria as those convicted will face a seven years imprisonment.
The joint Senate Committees on Judiciary, Human Rights and legal matters, Drugs, Narcotics and Financial Crimes led by Senator Umaru Dahiru (PDP, Sokoto), yesterday organised a one day public hearing on the bill for an act to provide for the prohibition and punishment for electronic fraud and crime in all electronic transactions in Nigeria.
Section 13 subsection 3 of the bill proposes that: “Anyone who intentionally propagates false information that could threaten the security of the country or that is capable of inciting the general public against the government through electronic message shall be guilty of an offense and upon conviction shall be sentenced to seven years imprisonment or N5 million (fine).”
Declaring open the public hearing Senate President David Mark who was represented by the deputy minority whip, Senator Abu Ibrahim (APC, Katsina), said electronic fraudsters pose great danger to the country which must be tackled to attract foreign investment.
The committee chairman Senator Umaru Dahiru (PDP, Sokoto) said electronic fraud was posing serious threat to world economies and Nigeria being a developing economy should enact appropriate laws to deal with the challenges.
this is a clear plot by D north to clamp on D south who mostly use media( these online media) due to their fast acceptation to technology. And the committe is fully represented by D northerners! I wonder how a sensible person will beleive electronic fraud, which is nt sophiscated in nigeria like other countries (mostly D West) can and have stopped investement in nigeria. They should stop beating about D bush, as the corruption perpetrated by the hausa military rulers is D real factor affecting investment, as the chain reaction of corruption initiated by them have refuse to stop. And this bill is no law in the first place. The govt can fully be incited against whn it is obvious, factual and crystal clear that it is doing it own bidding, against D detriment of a section and nt D collective will of D ppl as in most cases in nigeria.
Politics / Re: Senate Seeks 7yrs Jail Term For Social Media Critics Nairaland Sahara Reporters by 5thNOTE: 9:19pm On Dec 04, 2013
kennypoka2: common y jail them..
This a real joke. Are online usage in Nigeria big as in D west or in China and these pples have no restriction against critising govt policies(restriction against critiscing govt policies)? Who are twerps in our govt position really copying? They junk up laws frm almost alienated countries, who have nothing to write home abut and use it here as an excuse as if such society and thier policies are recongnize globally. Look at these dullers who have nt attained wht other countries leaders have attained, trying to go further than such countries. Apart frm terrorism case, no country has put laws to undermine govt criticisim. What then is freedom of Speech? It is a clear attempt to oppress D freedom of speech of D ppl. Even D military didnt do this one. If D populace dont talk, D govt employers, the electorate(who the true govt) cant voice their displeasure dissagrement with D excess of govt , isnt that tyranny? Is that nt North Korea. Are we under Monarchy rule in Nigeria or Democracy? The Democracy idea was knw for it distinguish respect of each party's right. That is the Speciality of democracy, but D one nigeria practice has been so junk up, subchanged and distorted to suit those on power and nt for general equivalency, that we dont knw wht to decide on in this country with our future. We are also hearing, D nomad in CBN plans to force on us #5000 note, aftr disgrunt and displeasure to it by electorate(nigerians) with better and saner reasons than halfbaked economist in D CBN. And here u still want to restrict criticsm of policies deemed wrong by electorate, that whn we are talking now they are deft to it, how abut when we are nt talking?
Religion / Re: HOAX Alert!!!: NASA Didnt Discover Any Tablet On Mars. by 5thNOTE: 8:28pm On Dec 04, 2013
PhenomenonVFX:
**sigh**
Just when I thought I was done replying buffoons.
Ur statement is faulty in so many ways because:
1. I believe in God. And that fact makes u look stu.pid.
2. U didnt still bother to do the research I asked u to do. That makes u a willful ignoramus.
3. The fact that u couldnt reply me with cogent counterpoints like any sane human would and instead resorted to beligerence and wishing death (which is sure to come on urself because with ur hands u have typed it and death lingers in ur subconscious) makes u the decorated chief of the league of morons that I have found myself pitched against today.
he misquoted u or he didnt read ur writeup and instead of u to refer him to what u wrote or ur point, u too went astray.
Politics / Re: Nigeria State Waging War On Islam And Moslems- Sharia Supreme Council by 5thNOTE: 11:37am On Dec 04, 2013
How do we relieve of ourselves this fools called muslims? Instead of calling 4 extremism teachers to order, u are complaining and lying. Gone are the days when u ppl cry foul when u are D one that is wrong. Islam is in other parts of this country and continent, it only u ppl daily that cry foul even when u are oppressing.
Religion / Re: Nigerian Pilgrims Abscond In Israel by 5thNOTE: 5:09pm On Dec 03, 2013
~Bluetooth:

That is the problem with Nigerians. When you feel anything white, you suddenly forget who you are and go westernized even to jews shocked . I've been to places and I've eaten with my hand but it has not taken away my identity. Pilgrimage is tourism and the israelis should know that the diversity of such will bring people of different cultures, traditions and races.

Why should people be forced to change their attitude or pretend to be who they are not just because they are in Israel on a religious mission which ought to break racial barriers and accept them for who they are for the few weeks ? How does coming to drink juice with a 2-litre cup compare to the seclusion/segregation they got ? The problem with some Nigerians is that you tend to downplay racial slur rather blaming it on your shortcomings. The saudis also receive people for pilgrimage, how come we don't hear of racial segregation like this against pilgrims ?
Nigerians lack decorum ? Yes does it warrant the seclusion ? NO !

If they are going to keep embarrassing people just because their culture differs from theirs, I guess they should include in their screening process procedures that would prevent those they consider unfit to mingle with white from coming to their country. Bloody racists !
u are very dull! I knw u think ppl will apprieciate u, but the truth is that u knw D truth and u are deceiving urself. Ppl have been driven frm houses of relatives by wife, due to uncultured manners, arrest in celebrations 4 divertsion. U think i will host a party and u will come and mess up and still sit in same table with me? No! U must have ur reservation with ur likes - D dogs!

1 Like

Travel / Re: Isa Muazu: Nigeria To Accept UK Deportee's Plane by 5thNOTE: 4:26pm On Dec 03, 2013
voltron: Insha Allah, you will land Nigeria Safely and enter into Maiduguri safely until you get to jere local Government grin grin
u should have add "By the grace of almighty Allah". when a moslem says than one to burtress a point, u knw he is telling lies.
Politics / Re: Ekweremadu Calls For Extension Of Jonathan's Tenure To 2017 by 5thNOTE: 7:51am On Dec 03, 2013
The first is that GEJ is an abnormaly to this nation . What has he done to Juniad Mohammed, an ordinary former V.C of a university, threatting rubbish in a governed society? If he cant sit in power and enforce constitution and nt gimmicks he should bail out. Any trick of 7yrs tenure is a great foolly just becus of GEJ, if he is serious he should leave in 2015 4 a new person to start it. Nigerian government wont revolve around him or be his personal interest but of D decision and desire of D ppl. So if he is north freaked and chickened he should deal with it and no 7yrs 4 executive. Imagine the worthless Legislooters absolving themselves of D 7yrs trash. Ist nt money INEC uses to conduct theirs? it is their own that is more cubersome and require a single tenure, the presidency election is just a day in D whole country - wht a stupid idea, i have 4 much time always try to discern any intelligent point put up by these dummies and pot bellies in abuja, i honestly dont find a reasonable idea, logic or reason in any law or idea they prupose. Even a child can reason better, the fact for this changes he is subtitling are delinquiecys on D part of govt, inpetitudes & corruption. Politics are party issues and nt D ppl or laws issue, i hate them twisting severally the law each time whn they cant face pressures that are no pressures, its GEJ constitutional rights to stand 4 reelection in 2015, and if any person got some nose wranggling to that behind before he became president, it shouldnt affect D country as we D ppl were no party to such treachery against D ppls conscience and choice. His english usage is another failure - very poor and awful. GEJ is a weakling who allowed many things to degenerate and then search 4 lazy routes, D way he allowed D wound - Boko Haram to fester to stinking and then whn he saw support frm South he sent D army shows incapability. All his decision shows clearly he choose choices he steps in, in huge fear of D north and being discredited so as to remain in a seat that he think is greater than him. Imagine his earlier refusal of tagging Boko haram on D so called already corrupt-tainted name of nigerians which he now have allowed? Nigerians whose name if in no time if no changes are seen will be a synomys to criminals or nigeria to corruption.
Politics / Re: Ekweremadu Calls For Extension Of Jonathan's Tenure To 2017 by 5thNOTE: 7:50am On Dec 03, 2013
The first is that GEJ is an abnormaly to this nation . What has he done to Juniad Mohammed, an ordinary former V.C of a university, threatting rubbish in a governed society? If he cant sit in power and enforce constitution and nt gimmicks he should bail out. Any trick of 7yrs tenure is a great foolly just becus of GEJ, if he is serious he should leave in 2015 4 a new person to start it. Nigerian government wont revolve around him or be his personal interest but of D decision and desire of D ppl. So if he is north freaked and chickened he should deal with it and no 7yrs 4 executive. Imagine the worthless Legislooters absolving themselves of D 7yrs trash. Ist nt money INEC uses to conduct theirs? it is their own that is more cubersome and require a single tenure, the presidency election is just a day in D whole country - wht a stupid idea, i have 4 much time always try to discern any intelligent point put up by these dummies and pot bellies in abuja, i honestly dont find a reasonable idea, logic or reason in any law or idea they prupose. Even a child can reason better, the fact for this changes he is subtitling are delinquiecys on D part of govt, inpetitudes & corruption. Politics are party issues and nt D ppl or laws issue, i hate them twisting severally the law each time whn they cant face pressures that are no pressures, its GEJ constitutional rights to stand 4 reelection in 2015, and if any person got some nose wranggling to that behind before he became president, it shouldnt affect D country as we D ppl were no party to such treachery against D ppls conscience and choice. His english usage is another failure - very poor and awful. GEJ is a weakling who allowed many things to degenerate and then search 4 lazy routes, D way he allowed D wound - Boko Haram to fester to stinking and then whn he saw support frm South he sent D army shows incapability. All his decision shows clearly he choose choices he steps in, in huge fear of D north and being discredited so as to remain in a seat that he think is greater than him. Imagine his earlier refusal of tagging Boko haram on D so called already corrupt-tainted name of nigerians which he now have allowed? Nigerians whose name if in no time if no changes are seen will be a synomys to criminals or nigeria to corruption.
Politics / Re: Ekweremadu Calls For Extension Of Jonathan's Tenure To 2017 by 5thNOTE: 7:43am On Dec 03, 2013
The first is that GEJ is an abnormaly to this nation . What has he done to Juniad Mohammed, an ordinary V.C of a university, threatting rubbish in a governed society? If he cant sit in power and enforce constitution and nt gimmicks he should bail out. Any trick of 7yrs tenure is a great foolly just becus of GEJ, if he is serious, he should leave in 2015 4 a new person to start it. Nigerian government wont revolve around him or be his personal interest but of D decision and desire of D ppl. So if he is north freaked and chickened he should deal with it and no 7yrs 4 executive. Imagine the worthless Legislooters absolving themselves of D 7yrs trash. Ist nt money INEC uses to conduct theirs? it is their own that is more cubersome and require a single tenure, the presidency election is just a day in D whole country - wht a stupid idea, i have 4 much time always try to discern any intelligent point put up by these dummies and pot bellies in abuja, i honest dont find a concrete idea, logic or reason in any law or idea they prupose. Even a child can reason better, the fact for this changes he is subtitling are delinquiecys on D part of govt, inpetitudes & corruption. Politics are party issues and nt D ppl or laws issue, i hate them twisting severally the law each time whn they cant face pressures that are no pressures, its GEJ constitutional rights to stand 4 reelection in 2015, and if any person got some nose wranggling to that behind before he became president, it shouldnt affect D country as we D ppl were no party to such treachery against D ppls conscience and choice. His english usage is another failure - very poor and awful. GEJ is a weakling who allowed many things to degenerate and then search 4 lazy routes, D way he allowed D wound - Boko Haram to fester to stinking and then whn he saw support frm South he sent D army. All his decision shows clearly he choose choices he steps in, in huge fear of D north and being discredited so as to remain in a seat that he think is greater than him. Imagine his earlier refusal of tagging Boko haram on D so called already corrupt-tainted name of nigerians which he now have allowed? Nigerians whose name if in no time if no changes are nt seen will be a synomys to criminals or nigeria to corruption.
Foreign Affairs / Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by 5thNOTE: 11:50pm On Dec 02, 2013
MAYOWAAK: Nicholas II was the last Tsar/Czar of Russia before he was gruesomely executed along with members of his immediate family on 17th July 1918 by the Bolshevik forces.At the time of his death his net worth was $900 million, which is the inflation adjusted equivalent to $300 billion in 2013 dollars, thus making him one of the richest monarchs in human history.

What were the sources of his gargantuan wealth?
ask him question relevant to his age period. This question is too far back even though every one is expected to have D knwledge of his country history. U that is asking him irrelevancies u cant tell anything offhand abt 1900 of ur country.
Foreign Affairs / Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by 5thNOTE: 11:05pm On Dec 02, 2013
bootlegaz: Nigerians continue to exhibit stupidity. The young Russian lad kept his cool while some Nigerians act like silver back gorillas in a Banana Plantation.
Geez, the guy is great. Just 22yrs old. I have never seen such decorum on niaraland or if nt even in nigeria. Discussion are never serious and straight forward. Sm ppl always take squabbling as next strategy when they beaten to it in a situation, instead of humbling urself learn. Thats what all u trying to finds with him are in this forum.
Politics / Re: Boko-Haram Attacks Air-Force Base In Maiduguri by 5thNOTE: 10:03pm On Dec 02, 2013
And there in a suppose DEMOCRATIC country we have Kano and it Governor still misbehaving by supporting extremism through so called sharia. They are destroying ppls business and hindering ppls right of life and when there is problem tomorrow u waste D countrys resources on D problematic race?

1 Like

Politics / Re: Oshiomole Vs Fashola Saga (lessons To Be Learnt.) by 5thNOTE: 9:08pm On Dec 02, 2013
Oyenjiuwa, u have said it all. Let them threaten hell if GEJ decide to contest in 2015, it is his constitutional right. All those schemism they agreed on in secrecy is fooly 4 them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (of 8 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.