Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,606 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Most Fathers Today Are Losing Relevance In The Family - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Most Fathers Today Are Losing Relevance In The Family (45823 Views)

Most Parents Of Today Are Raising An "Overdependent Generation" / Marriage Is Gradually Losing Its Relevance / Different Types Of Nigerian Fathers And Their Characteristics - Meme Collection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Fathers Today Are Losing Relevance In The Family by allandutch: 10:33pm On Jul 20, 2020
xynerise:
Yes, I said so.

If you are of the school of thought that providing for the family along automatically makes you a caring father, then you are among those that
risk being irrelevant to your children.

If you look at most families today, the children hardly mention their fathers when making a reference to something inspiring. I mean quoting what your father once taught you or something positive you learnt while growing up. I am referring to fathers of our time.

Today, everything is about making money and paying the bills. That is not enough.
How close are you to your children? It is always the mother that attends to issues that trouble the children today. Even though fathers source for solutions at the end but the children will always remember the person that discovered the problems, or at least care to know what the problem is.

How often do we call our kids, sit them down and ask them about the kind of challenges they face in life?

Some fathers hardly call their children (far from home) on phone except the mother does and maybe pass the phone to him. This has made some people to call mostly their mothers on phone and explain situations to her rather than the father who provides the money to solve the situations.

You can see that despite most fathers provide the money, yet the mothers get most of the appreciation.

My point is, we shouldn't be too focus on just making the money. Let us remember we are also making a family too.
This is hard to swallow but you're right. Especially the bolded part.

5 Likes

Re: Most Fathers Today Are Losing Relevance In The Family by Emyogalanya: 10:34pm On Jul 20, 2020
TheArchangel:
You are becoming more empty and bitter as the days go by.
hmmmn you really get time cos it seems you are new on this forum that guy is as unstable as a rainy season weather. Don't be surprised to see him fighting to the death while defending the same points you raised here today. Am so sure if you check his past posts or threads you will see it. He can contradict himself within the space of 24 hours

3 Likes

Re: Most Fathers Today Are Losing Relevance In The Family by Askme2020(m): 10:35pm On Jul 20, 2020
swiz123:
I don't have a problem if kids don't regard their fathers that much probably because of his busy schedules which their tiny heads can't understand.

My real problem is when an adult still think that his father is irrelevant because he doesn't baby-sit them... like WTF!!.... Shouldn't you have outgrown that stupid mindset?..

Most men who thinks that their father is irrelevant because of your silly reason and therefore goes about asslicking their momma are the reason why most marriages are living hell for modern wives.

Most orphans at motherless homes would give everything to have someone who can provide can feed, shelter, clothe and pay their school fees. That momma's love you so much adore isn't a priority to these unfortunate children...

I don't know how old you are, but please, change your mindset from today onwards
Bless you.. You just say it the way it is.
Re: Most Fathers Today Are Losing Relevance In The Family by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jul 20, 2020
TonyeBarcanista:
[s][/s]
My brother, a father's primary responsibility is to provide for his family. He toils, suffers and struggles to achieve that. This is in addition to provide care for the wife and kids and overall leadership.

A mother's primary responsibility is to care for the husband and kids, take care of home front and do any other responsibility assigned to her by the husband/father (feminists should go and die)

You can't expect a father to relegate his responsibility to be competing for attention of the children with the mother.

In fact, it is okay for children to be praising their mother as long as they, alongside their mother, acknowledge their father and are loyal to his authority. It is a welcome development!

When they are grown up they will realise their father's sacrifice!

For my family, we recognise both the sacrifices of our parents and always acknowledge them. As an adult male, I appreciates my father even more...
In this hard economy, any man that don't appreciate his Father by now should get his head checked!!

It is not easy to be a man!! You are only appreciated if you can provide something!! No excuses at all!!

4 Likes

Re: Most Fathers Today Are Losing Relevance In The Family by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:37pm On Jul 20, 2020
bukatyne:

Mothers don't toil day and night?

I give it to we mothers: not because I am a woman or blindly supporting women here.

They are very intentional. A single mother would toil to feed her kids and strive to be there for them emotionally (whether teaching them right or wrong).

There Is NO excuse for a father NOT to be emotionally invested in his children.

NONE.
I'll indulge you in this when you become a man

1 Like

Re: Most Fathers Today Are Losing Relevance In The Family by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:37pm On Jul 20, 2020
eni4real:
In this hard economy, any man that don't appreciate his Father by now should get his head checked!!

It is not easy to be a man!! You are only appreciated if you can provide something!! No excuses at all!!

Xynerise is just being a pussy... Honestly

5 Likes

Re: Most Fathers Today Are Losing Relevance In The Family by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jul 20, 2020
TonyeBarcanista:

May God save him from underrating himself!
Amen!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Fathers Today Are Losing Relevance In The Family by xynerise: 10:41pm On Jul 20, 2020
TonyeBarcanista:

Ok, I believe being a pussy has many routes. You have been there and still there. cheesy

If playing with my kids and talking to them about reality of life makes me a pussy, pls I want to be a very big pussy.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Fathers Today Are Losing Relevance In The Family by RealEzee(m): 10:44pm On Jul 20, 2020
donbachi:
Pressure here and there...una wan kill us?
Abeg ooogrin
Re: Most Fathers Today Are Losing Relevance In The Family by CapitalBank: 10:44pm On Jul 20, 2020
swiz123:
I don't have a problem if kids don't regard their fathers that much probably because of his busy schedules which their tiny heads can't understand.

My real problem is when an adult still think that his father is irrelevant because he doesn't baby-sit them... like WTF!!.... Shouldn't you have outgrown that stupid mindset?..

Most men who thinks that their father is irrelevant because of your silly reason and therefore goes about asslicking their momma are the reason why most marriages are living hell for modern wives.

Most orphans at motherless homes would give everything to have someone who can provide can feed, shelter, clothe and pay their school fees. That momma's love you so much adore isn't a priority to these unfortunate children...

I don't know how old you are, but please, change your mindset from today onwards

You have comprehension problem... Who told you that he is craving for his father's attention?

5 Likes

Re: Most Fathers Today Are Losing Relevance In The Family by martowskin1(m): 10:44pm On Jul 20, 2020
kingreign:

I bet you don't understand the essence of this thread. The essence of the thread is that fathers should do more for their families, their children other than going out there to work, provide funds or food. It asserts that fathers should be more closer to their kids, to imbibe fatherly roles, love and presence in the lives of their kids. I totally agree.

I'd tell you, my son always laughs and smiles and babbles when he hears my voice. When I'm out for long and on opening the door, if he's awake, he starts crying for my attention, and when he sees me close, he starts playing and laughing. Why does he do these?
It's because I take alot of time in playing with him, carrying him, speaking to him, learning and discovering new things with him. I even do his diapers and change his clothes, wash them too very regularly and bath him once a while. My wife was protesting against such initially, but I put it to her that I WANT AND NEED to do these to my offspring. It's not a sign of misplaced priorities or weakness, but rather a form of bonding between father and child.

That does not mean father's who don't act like u do are not bonding with their kids in other way. Can we all just face our homes and do what works for us?..

This whole wife and husband thing is getting irritating daily.

Growing up, my dad was a military personal, he is hardly at home. There are a lot going in people homes that we don't know, let's stop this whole comparison madness.

I learnt how to play chess from my dad, till today I don't call him daddy, I greet him like a military man, even when he is retired. But I will tell u, the man did a lot, I realise this when I became a man my self. Life in this country is hard, not all fathers have the chance .. Only few do.

6 Likes

Re: Most Fathers Today Are Losing Relevance In The Family by professore(m): 10:44pm On Jul 20, 2020
This is nice
Re: Most Fathers Today Are Losing Relevance In The Family by Fidelcashboy: 10:45pm On Jul 20, 2020
xynerise:

You can ignore if your father is not among. Your dumb skull should read the title and see if you can't find "most".

Antelope
fool
Re: Most Fathers Today Are Losing Relevance In The Family by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:45pm On Jul 20, 2020
kingreign:
I wish to ask these rather strange question to you Sire,
1. Should your wife deliver a new baby, and she becomes ill or incapacitated to take care of that child for some weeks (which I don't hope or pray for), and there's no one around, what would you do for that child? What would you do to make your wife look at you with sense of pride and satisfaction?
Caring for your spouse is part of your responsibilities as a man. But if doing that will affect your job then send for her relative or yours to come home to assist. Should you not be able to provide for her or the family then you are useless. Not every man has luxury of time.

2. What would you do to your young lad who comes back from school all soiled up, and has assignments to do, and is hungry, but the mom is probably not around due to official engagement as a working class executive or a business mogul, and you're on your annual leave and no baby sitter or maid in the house? Would you not care for that child, wash him up, laundry his clothes, cook for him and also assist him with his assignments?

This is different issue altogether! Every man always find time to spend with kids when he is chanced or at home. You just said if I am on leave... Is it all men that has luxury of jobs that grant them leave?

These things are NOT hard, what makes them seem hard is our seemingly overbloated ego and entitlement.
There is an aspect of Sociology called "gender in planning", and in that subject we had a subtopic called, gender and advocate planning in which folks learn about family members and perceived or distinguished roles and then these roles were put under another subtopic called, Social Division of Labour (SDOL) various groups in society have been pre-allocated certain roles and jobs expected of them. Let me say that since the beginning of 70's, that SDOL definition began to wither and in today's world, a woman can be as equally or more busy than a man. Let all these precolonial mentality be bygone.

We are NOT saying fathers should assume the exclusive roles of mothers or females, but should also take time to add their own presence and impact in the children and family's well-being directly.
Every father I know spend time with their kids whenever they are chanced. Xynerise and others are only being sissies

3 Likes

Re: Most Fathers Today Are Losing Relevance In The Family by ejimatic: 10:45pm On Jul 20, 2020
xynerise:

My brother, I don't understand why people are just pained about this and indirectly insulting me.

They keep saying fathers are working their ass off to provide for the family. They forgot they also have some emotional impact on their children too. How else do I make it clear to them ? undecided
. We need to acknowledge the fact that some responsible fathers provide for their families materially and work hard daily while many fathers are lazy and do not care about their families. Additionally. a lot if fathers do not bother about the emotions of their children let alone creating time for them.Why are we having increase in the rate of crime among young ones? Why a lot of teenegers sleep outside today? Even now how many fathers know where their children are this night? Many fathers dont have time to tutor their children again. Can you imagine a part one student buying Corola sport and his father did not ask him where he got money.Instead of querying him they are doing Thanksgiving in church and mosque.The blind leading blind to knowhere.If a man does not have time for his children but just looking for materialism by all means such a father is worshiping an unknown God.Such ones will bite their fingers in future. So fathers, monitor your children and educate them morally and emotionally and spiritually. It is through this that your labour will not be in vain.

5 Likes

Re: Most Fathers Today Are Losing Relevance In The Family by ImaIma1(f): 10:45pm On Jul 20, 2020
Emyogalanya:
hmmmn you really get time cos it seems you are new on this forum that guy is as unstable as a rainy season weather. Don't be surprised to see him fighting to the death while defending the same points you raised here today. Am so sure if you check his past posts or threads you will see it. He can contradict himself within the space of 24 hours

Probably bipolar.

2 Likes

Re: Most Fathers Today Are Losing Relevance In The Family by xynerise: 10:46pm On Jul 20, 2020
Fidelcashboy:
fool

It's past your bedtime, kid. Now run along smiley

3 Likes

Re: Most Fathers Today Are Losing Relevance In The Family by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:46pm On Jul 20, 2020
eni4real:
May God save him from underrating himself!
Amen!!
Amen!

How in a world would an adult male in Nigeria come up with this kind of nonsense thread?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Most Fathers Today Are Losing Relevance In The Family by authority2006(m): 10:47pm On Jul 20, 2020
TonyeBarcanista:
[s][/s]
My brother, a father's primary responsibility is to provide for his family. He toils, suffers and struggles to achieve that. This is in addition to provide care for the wife and kids and overall leadership.

A mother's primary responsibility is to care for the husband and kids, take care of home front and do any other responsibility assigned to her by the husband/father (feminists should go and die)

You can't expect a father to relegate his responsibility to be competing for attention of the children with the mother.

In fact, it is okay for children to be praising their mother as long as they, alongside their mother, acknowledge their father and are loyal to his authority. It is a welcome development!

For my family, we recognise both the sacrifices of our parents and always acknowledge them. As an adult male, I appreciates my father even more...

It is not easy to be a father, a responsible one for that matter. Where is the time to be competing for attention. I just wish that children recognise the contribution of fathers who sacrifice a lot to make sure that they don't lack things and have a future

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Fathers Today Are Losing Relevance In The Family by DexterousOne(m): 10:47pm On Jul 20, 2020
mariahAngel:

Ya damn right it is!

WRONG
Re: Most Fathers Today Are Losing Relevance In The Family by xynerise: 10:47pm On Jul 20, 2020
ejimatic:
. We need to acknowledge the fact that some responsible fathers provide for their families materially and work hard daily while many fathers are lazy and do not care about their families. Additionally. a lot if fathers do not bother about the emotions of their children let alone creating time for them.Why are we having increase in the rate of crime among young ones? Why a lot of teenegers sleep outside today? Even now how many fathers know where their children are this night? Many fathers dont have time to tutor their children again. Can you imagine a part one student buying Corola sport and his father did not ask him where he got money.Instead of querying him they are doing Thanksgiving in church and mosque.The blind leading blind to knowhere.If a man does not have time for his children but just looking for materialism by all means such a father is worshiping an unknown God.Such ones will bite their fingers in future. So fathers, monitor your children and educate them morally and emotionally and spiritually. It is through this that your labour will not be in vain.

Thank you

3 Likes

Re: Most Fathers Today Are Losing Relevance In The Family by Kazim88: 10:48pm On Jul 20, 2020
TonyeBarcanista:
[s][/s]

100 likes for you. You just spoke my mind on all fronts..

Key takeaway: When the children grow up, they would understand and respect the unseen but felt love and stability their father gave them and their mother...

Who take feminist serious.... They are only relevant online, especially on Twitter bullying simps.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Most Fathers Today Are Losing Relevance In The Family by Dalby(m): 10:49pm On Jul 20, 2020
xynerise:

You can ignore if your father is not among. Your dumb skull should read the title and see if you can't find "most".

Antelope

The first opposition to your school of thought you attack with insults...hmmm

I still do not agree with your position. There has and will always be good and bad father's. Same goes for mothers...
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Most Fathers Today Are Losing Relevance In The Family by ImaIma1(f): 10:49pm On Jul 20, 2020
authority2006:

It is not easy to be a father, a responsible one for that matter. Where is the time to be competing for attention. I just wish that children recognise the contribution of fathers who sacrifice a lot to make sure that they don't lack things and have a future

Yes o. Where is the time? But they still somehow find the time to bond with side chicks cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Most Fathers Today Are Losing Relevance In The Family by xynerise: 10:50pm On Jul 20, 2020
martowskin1:

That does not mean father's who don't act like u do are not bonding with their kids in other way. Can we all just face our homes and do what works for us?..

This whole wife and husband thing is getting irritating daily.

Growing up, my dad was a military personal, he is hardly at home. There are a lot going in people homes that we don't know, let's stop this whole comparison madness.

I learnt how to play chess from my dad, till today I don't call him daddy, I greet him like a military man, even when he is retired. But I will tell u, the man did a lot, I realise this when I became a man my self. Life in this country is hard, not all fathers have the chance .. Only few do.

Your case is different. He is not even at home to play his role and I believe if he had been around, he would. The fathers I was talking about know themselves

1 Like

Re: Most Fathers Today Are Losing Relevance In The Family by Martinez39s(m): 10:50pm On Jul 20, 2020
Another mother worshipping thread. grin

4 Likes

Re: Most Fathers Today Are Losing Relevance In The Family by Galactico4ever(m): 10:51pm On Jul 20, 2020
Maybe Ladies should be getting married to themselves.Rubbish thread.

1 Like

Re: Most Fathers Today Are Losing Relevance In The Family by zabuur: 10:52pm On Jul 20, 2020
I love my mum more than anything in d world but, my father made me who I am today. I love him so much that I still shed tears till date since he's gone.

I feel my mum's love is even outta sympathy.

My dad was a great mentor and still is. So, whoever posted this should have made the story so personal

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Fathers Today Are Losing Relevance In The Family by Chucks234: 10:52pm On Jul 20, 2020
xynerise:
Yes, I said so.

If you are of the school of thought that providing for the family along automatically makes you a caring father, then you are among those that
risk being irrelevant to your children.

If you look at most families today, the children hardly mention their fathers when making a reference to something inspiring. I mean quoting what your father once taught you or something positive you learnt while growing up. I am referring to fathers of our time.

Today, everything is about making money and paying the bills. That is not enough.
How close are you to your children? It is always the mother that attends to issues that trouble the children today. Even though fathers source for solutions at the end but the children will always remember the person that discovered the problems, or at least care to know what the problem is.

How often do we call our kids, sit them down and ask them about the kind of challenges they face in life?

Some fathers hardly call their children (far from home) on phone except the mother does and maybe pass the phone to him. This has made some people to call mostly their mothers on phone and explain situations to her rather than the father who provides the money to solve the situations.

You can see that despite most fathers provide the money, yet the mothers get most of the appreciation.

My point is, we shouldn't be too focus on just making the money. Let us remember we are also making a family too.

Which research did u carry to arrive at this hypothesis. What is the sample size, demographic, ecomonic & socio political factors were considered to arrive at this assumption (because it is not based on fact only a figment of your imagination).

2 Likes

Re: Most Fathers Today Are Losing Relevance In The Family by xynerise: 10:52pm On Jul 20, 2020
Dalby:

The first opposition to your school of thought you attack with insults...hmmm

I still do not agree with your position. There has and will always be good and bad father's. Same goes for mothers...
undecided undecided undecided

My post is not a stereotype. Come on guys!

3 Likes

Re: Most Fathers Today Are Losing Relevance In The Family by Amotekun777: 10:55pm On Jul 20, 2020
xynerise:

Pressure can be shared if you marry a sensible woman

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Peruvian Man Uses Google Street View To Get Direction, Catches His Wife Cheating / Pretty Ladies Can You Do This? Lovely Wedding Pic / A Guy Impregnanted My 16 Years Old Sister.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.