Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,162 members, 7,835,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Man Flogs His Daughter For Joining Whatsapp Group She Was Warned Against - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Flogs His Daughter For Joining Whatsapp Group She Was Warned Against (53573 Views)

Father Flogs Daughter For Posting Nude Videos On Instagram / At 26 My Dad Still Flogs Me / Man Flogs His Wife With Belt For Slapping His Side Chic At Filmhouse, LEKKI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Flogs His Daughter For Joining Whatsapp Group She Was Warned Against by Hathor5(f): 9:36pm On Jul 19, 2020
Godfiidence:
massive Kudos to the Man for enforcing discipline in his home as without discipline we are no better than animals in the wild! Being richer than your father does not limit him from appropriately disciplining you when you err unless he is hungry and not aware of himself and role as a parent.
Think about it.

You can discipline children without abusing and humiliating them.

Have you picked your moniker after watching The Circle?
Re: Man Flogs His Daughter For Joining Whatsapp Group She Was Warned Against by YelloweWest: 9:36pm On Jul 19, 2020
stayclearofme:

Guy while I am not against discipling a child...too much of it is very bad and inhuman....to me what the father did is pure child abuse! There are better ways to correct a child especially at certain age.

Like seriously! Why can't he sit her down and talk to her? Why resort to such violence? At the end if tge day its her life! Joining a WhatsApp group won't kill her!
Re: Man Flogs His Daughter For Joining Whatsapp Group She Was Warned Against by BananaPeel(m): 9:38pm On Jul 19, 2020
kingxsamz:

Would it be discipline if the girl died in the process? undecided clown.
. You are child. Systematic discipline, like in the video, doesn't kill.
Re: Man Flogs His Daughter For Joining Whatsapp Group She Was Warned Against by Godfiidence: 9:44pm On Jul 19, 2020
Look at it from a Father's perspective; Do you know the threat being a part of that whatsapp group could pose to the future and eventual adulthood of that girlchild?
Is it not better knowing you did your best than nothing at all if eventually the child ends up wrong?

YelloweWest:

This is not disciple pls. This is abuse! She joined a WhatsApp group!! Shes 18!!! Did she post a nude pic??

What the hell? Nigerian homes are too violent. This is tge reason our streets are merciless!

1 Like

Re: Man Flogs His Daughter For Joining Whatsapp Group She Was Warned Against by Beey(f): 9:46pm On Jul 19, 2020
muchroom:
A father decides not to spare the rod and spoil the child by flogging his daughter after she joined a whatsapp group she had been warned not to join. The girl is seen begging and pleading she will never do such again.

The video must have been recorded by a family member present and if it is another child, the belt will surely be returning to slay him or her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-ualtQ6B2c
Why must he hit her on the butt? What if she’s on her period? Stupid man. Behaved like a soldier in the house!
Re: Man Flogs His Daughter For Joining Whatsapp Group She Was Warned Against by JustforMen: 9:47pm On Jul 19, 2020
NoTimeZone:
A short story
A child does bad
Public: leave em he/she is still a child

A child becomes an adult, does more bad
Public: dont touch em, he is an adult, just advise and pray

Adult commits felony
Public: blames the parents for pampering the child
Moral lesson:public is a hypocrite

Public is really a hypocrite and sometimes olodo too angry angry grin grin grin
Re: Man Flogs His Daughter For Joining Whatsapp Group She Was Warned Against by kleolouis(m): 9:47pm On Jul 19, 2020
tongue tongue who follow me notice that girls bress

1 Like

Re: Man Flogs His Daughter For Joining Whatsapp Group She Was Warned Against by Godfiidence: 9:48pm On Jul 19, 2020
Look at it from a Father's perspective; Do you know the threat being a part of that whatsapp group could pose to the future and eventual adulthood of that girlchild?
Is it not better knowing you did your best than nothing at all if eventually the child ends up wrong?

all we saw is just a bit part of the whole picture. There definitely was a build up that led to him resorting to such measures. Let's not be quick to judge(it's a sunday people!)

YelloweWest:

Like seriously! Why can't he sit her down and talk to her? Why resort to such violence? At the end if tge day its her life! Joining a WhatsApp group won't kill her!
Re: Man Flogs His Daughter For Joining Whatsapp Group She Was Warned Against by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jul 19, 2020
Over ordinary WhatsApp group. That's how sneaky children are born

2 Likes

Re: Man Flogs His Daughter For Joining Whatsapp Group She Was Warned Against by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jul 19, 2020
muchroom:
A father decides not to spare the rod and spoil the child by flogging his daughter after she joined a whatsapp group she had been warned not to join. The girl is seen begging and pleading she will never do such again.

The video must have been recorded by a family member present and if it is another child, the belt will surely be returning to slay him or her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-ualtQ6B2c

The man is an idiot. I'm sure he beats up his wife onna steady.
Re: Man Flogs His Daughter For Joining Whatsapp Group She Was Warned Against by Godfiidence: 9:51pm On Jul 19, 2020

all we saw is just a bit part of the whole picture. There definitely was a build up that led to him resorting to such measures. Let's not be quick to judge(it's a sunday people!)

No, never watched the circle(just googled it and it looks cool though)

Hathor5:

You can discipline children without abusing and humiliating them.

Have you picked your moniker after watching The Circle?
Re: Man Flogs His Daughter For Joining Whatsapp Group She Was Warned Against by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jul 19, 2020
Officialgarri:

I almost misunderstood your post. I thought you were trying to say the dad doesn't have the right to beat her.

Let me mention here that I'm only lucky to have disciplinarians such as this as parents. My dad will beat me and my mum will be supporting him, same when my mum beats me with Amala stiring rod, broom.. any beating material in sight, my dad will be right there by her side... . This shaped myself and everyone of my siblings into moralists.

Even while I was a student and under terrible influence, the home training made me unpredictable and kept me alive and now doing well.

She's an adult and she has passed that stage, all her parents can do at this stage is to advise her or find any other mentor of punishment.

Beating an adult only makes such an adult to hate u...
Re: Man Flogs His Daughter For Joining Whatsapp Group She Was Warned Against by Hahjascho(m): 9:54pm On Jul 19, 2020
This is all foolishness.... what's so special in a parent dealing with his disobedient child?.... who never experienced this...why most everything trend on social media?.... should the parent now go and fight the parent?.... rubbish....

In fact, the person that recorded the scene and one who posted it deserve a slap.
Re: Man Flogs His Daughter For Joining Whatsapp Group She Was Warned Against by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jul 19, 2020
miracood:
quit been stupid.

This video is supposed to be a lesson for all those stupid children on Social media, posting nudes and trash

So u mean that since I watched this video, I will no longer post my nudes online?

1 Like

Re: Man Flogs His Daughter For Joining Whatsapp Group She Was Warned Against by Hathor5(f): 9:58pm On Jul 19, 2020
Godfiidence:

No, never watched the circle(just googled it and it looks cool though)

His best? Really? Do Nigerians actually know any other ways to raise a child?

The Circle was cool. This is where I first heard of Godfidence.

1 Like

Re: Man Flogs His Daughter For Joining Whatsapp Group She Was Warned Against by Hathor5(f): 9:59pm On Jul 19, 2020
PrecisionFx:

So u mean that since I watched this video, I will no longer post my nudes online?

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Man Flogs His Daughter For Joining Whatsapp Group She Was Warned Against by luminouz(m): 10:10pm On Jul 19, 2020
kingxsamz:

Would you have said this if the headline read "Girl dies after dad beats her for joining a whatsapp group"?
I await your response. undecided

Naso u die after ur own papa beat you with belt?

Na pestle the papa use ni? undecided

Clout chaser oshi

1 Like

Re: Man Flogs His Daughter For Joining Whatsapp Group She Was Warned Against by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 10:11pm On Jul 19, 2020
david22uu:

At that age , words and guidance is better... seizing her fone or denying her some things is better... physical Abuse will aggreviate issues
Absolute crap.
Re: Man Flogs His Daughter For Joining Whatsapp Group She Was Warned Against by luminouz(m): 10:12pm On Jul 19, 2020
stayclearofme:

I bet my children should be older than you...and they are well trained.

Sorry daddy,my bad.

I'm sure you beat them a few times Sir, that's my point
Re: Man Flogs His Daughter For Joining Whatsapp Group She Was Warned Against by kingxsamz(m): 10:12pm On Jul 19, 2020
BananaPeel:
You are child. Systematic discipline, like in the video, doesn't kill.

Oh , really?
Read that to yourself see if it makes any sense. undecided
So when someone beats a child out of anger with an object, he/she would be careful enough not to hit the child in a way that it would result in injury, harm or death?
Do you know that a simple slap or knock on the head could result in death? undecided
If you can't accept that hitting a child who isn't capable of defending him or herself is violence, then return back to the cave you emerged from.
Re: Man Flogs His Daughter For Joining Whatsapp Group She Was Warned Against by luminouz(m): 10:13pm On Jul 19, 2020
Farki:

So all the cultism, herdsmen killings, abuse by soldiers and police, assaulting of shop owners by politicians are what?

Keep deceiving yourself there, if Nigeria had the same gun culture as the US we would all be killing each other over every petty disagreement.

Out of point.
Re: Man Flogs His Daughter For Joining Whatsapp Group She Was Warned Against by luminouz(m): 10:16pm On Jul 19, 2020
magicminister:

What do you mean bro? We have terrorism, kidnapping, pervasive rape culture, corruption and so much more!!

Clearly, our style of upbringing is not working!!!! Come on!! We have to try something different. Average Nigerian kid only complies with their parents cos they don’t want to get whipped. That is slavery!!! Then when they leave the parents home, they turn into the very deceptive monsters the parents turned them to.

They go to church, cry to God and smile at every one then go back home and rape a child, then kidnap someone, then loot billions, then bomb people.... then ...

Lol...I still prefer the African model to the american model. It shaped my life and that of my siblings and many on this platform. The vices you mentioned are clearly testaments to the fact that those people were not raised right. No child has a mind of his/her own except what she/he has been taught to love/hate. Reason why child soldiers and book haram thrive in the North.

But no system is perfect,so there will be flaws. I dont see you suggesting the alternative model since 'we have to try something different'

Hell, even the japanese with strict upbringing still commit suicide.

Your last paragraph applies to every people from every continent,no just Africa.
Re: Man Flogs His Daughter For Joining Whatsapp Group She Was Warned Against by chatinent: 10:20pm On Jul 19, 2020
How I wished these kinds of news happen regularly.
Re: Man Flogs His Daughter For Joining Whatsapp Group She Was Warned Against by kingxsamz(m): 10:26pm On Jul 19, 2020
luminouz:

Naso u die after ur own papa beat you with belt?

Na pestle the papa use ni? undecided

Clout chaser oshi

I didn't expect any intelligent response from you.
Typical Nigerian folk.
I asked you a simple question.
Would it still be termed discipline if the child died in the process?
Should I start pulling out previous news of physical abuse by parents, step mothers and guardians that led to death, or extreme injuries?
And what has clout chasing got to do with this discussion?
You see, you're not that bright.
Re: Man Flogs His Daughter For Joining Whatsapp Group She Was Warned Against by luminouz(m): 10:30pm On Jul 19, 2020
kingxsamz:

I didn't expect any intelligent response from you.
Typical Nigerian folk.
I asked you a simple question.
Would it still be termed discipline if the child died in the process?
Should I start pulling out previous news of physical abuse by parents, step mothers and guardians that led to death, or extreme injuries?
And what has clout chasing got to do with this discussion?
You see, you're not that bright.

But I'm brighter than you apparently.

I asked a simple question,you couldn't answer.

Pull out previous news and tell me which child died from been beaten by a belt.

In your haste to sound politically correct, you came off a tad too eager and shallow.

Bye FeliciaSamz
Re: Man Flogs His Daughter For Joining Whatsapp Group She Was Warned Against by morpheus24: 10:33pm On Jul 19, 2020
The papa no even flog the girl reach sef.

The lesson learned here is that there are consequences for our actions. Some of them might be very severe.
Re: Man Flogs His Daughter For Joining Whatsapp Group She Was Warned Against by Buffalo2(m): 10:34pm On Jul 19, 2020
Daddy-of-The-Year
Re: Man Flogs His Daughter For Joining Whatsapp Group She Was Warned Against by ogmask: 10:43pm On Jul 19, 2020
dulux07:
I think a more stringent law should be in place, for those who just snap/record and upload people's actions without their consent.
I am more angry with whoever uploaded that video. lipsrsealed

Well, such a law can be counter productive in cases where madam dey burn maid back with pressing iron
Re: Man Flogs His Daughter For Joining Whatsapp Group She Was Warned Against by Farki: 10:45pm On Jul 19, 2020
luminouz:

Out of point.

How is it off point when you said the gun violence in America is the result of a lack of beating, when in Nigeria where we beat, we have similar or even worse problems with less access to firearms?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Flogs His Daughter For Joining Whatsapp Group She Was Warned Against by kingxsamz(m): 10:48pm On Jul 19, 2020
luminouz:

But I'm brighter than you apparently.

I asked a simple question,you couldn't answer.

In your haste to sound politically correct, you came off a tad too eager and shallow.

Bye FeliciaSamz

Lol, @bolded is not what a bright person would say, but ok.
Actually no one is here to compare intelligence with you, your way of reasoning from your comments already shows how 'not so bright' you are.

Can you see why I said you're not so bright? cheesy
According to you, child abuse is not termed by the violent act itself but by the object being used to carry out that act.

"It's only a belt, therefore it's okay to beat the child to stupor since the belt won't kill him".
That's exactly what you're saying.

Well, ignorant folks like you cannot be reasoned with or engaged with in constructive conversations, because you always want to feel right.
Goodnight. cheesy
Re: Man Flogs His Daughter For Joining Whatsapp Group She Was Warned Against by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jul 19, 2020
That's no way to correct or discipline a child.Fvvcking Extremist father.

1 Like

Re: Man Flogs His Daughter For Joining Whatsapp Group She Was Warned Against by Godfiidence: 10:49pm On Jul 19, 2020
Well I pray it all works for good for that family.
Quite frankly you have a cool profile and i just followed you, do you mind following back?
Plus are you on twitter, instagram? I observed you enjoy good books, I'd like to be friends if you are cool with it.

Hathor5:

His best? Really? Do Nigerians actually know any other ways to raise a child?

The Circle was cool. This is where I first heard of Godfidence.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Photo Of Beautiful Family Of 8 Children / Mum Forcefully Brushing Her Son's Teeth ( Hilarious Photo ) / Rukevwe Vivienne Ohwerhi's Daughter, Efeturi Saleisha Zino's 1st Birthday Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.