Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,953 members, 7,828,355 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

Deposit Refunded. - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Deposit Refunded. (10541 Views)

Toyota Vehicles Pre-order Without Deposit / Pre-order Cars/Suv With 50% Deposit, 7 Weeks Delivery / Pre Order Your Car From The Usa, 40% Deposit, 21 Days Guaranteed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deposit Refunded. by Osama10(m): 1:00pm On Feb 08, 2011
Am tired of this whole stuff now, I really don't like this way but it seems its the most effective means in this forum to get things sorted out amicably now.

The greatest mistake I made in 2010 was to do this Pre-order stuff with you in September, due to your delays and stories I bought a car here in Nigeria for my wife in January.

Colleagues, friends and family members I told about this stuff keep telling me I have been duped.In fact this whole Pre-order stuff is a nightmare now.

I don't even feel like talking to you anymore, its either you deliver the car you made me choose here in naija due to your delays or you refund the 1m back.
Re: Deposit Refunded. by inspiredm(m): 2:32pm On Feb 08, 2011
Osama10:

Am tired of this whole stuff now, I really don't like this way but it seems its the most effective means in this forum to get things sorted out amicably now.

The greatest mistake I made in 2010 was to do this Pre-order stuff with you in September, due to your delays and stories I bought a car here in Nigeria for my wife in January.

Colleagues, friends and family members I told about this stuff keep telling me I have been duped.In fact this whole Pre-order stuff is a nightmare now.

I don't even feel like talking to you anymore, its either you deliver the car you made me choose here in naija due to your delays or you refund the 1m back.

Osama10,

It is Of No Point When this thread is not directed at a Particular Dealer/Seller.

If You wish to Communicate Exclusively with ( Dealer Bleep ), You can do so By other means.

If You want us to Intervene in Your business, Then Name the Dealer/Seller so we can ask him about the details.

If Nothing tangible comes up as an Official Complaint within 24 hours, This Thread would be locked.
Re: Deposit Refunded. by sultaan(m): 3:10pm On Feb 08, 2011
Osama10:

You too?! only God knows the number of clients keeping mum over this dilemma.

There are lessons to be learnt, class is in session
Re: Deposit Refunded. by blank(f): 6:23pm On Feb 08, 2011
Name them. This will enable other buyers to beware. E don reach, all these many many stories.
Re: Deposit Refunded. by Osama10(m): 6:45pm On Feb 08, 2011
inspired_m:

Osama10,

It is Of No Point When this thread is not directed at a Particular Dealer/Seller.

If You wish to Communicate Exclusively with ( Dealer Bleep ), You can do so By other means.

If You want us to Intervene in Your business, Then Name the Dealer/Seller so we can ask him about the details.

If Nothing tangible comes up as an Official Complaint within 24 hours, This Thread would be locked.

Inspired_m,

I left his name out of this in order for him to address the issue asap but since you want his name I don't have any problem with that.

I met him through nairaland and If I have any problems what so ever with his Pre-order stuff I should trash it out here.

And for locking of the thread that looks more like a threat, I think you should be concerned with the whole issue at hand.
Re: Deposit Refunded. by Fhemmmy: 7:25pm On Feb 08, 2011
inspired_m:

Osama10,

First time, i am actually making a comment on this kinda saga . . . . .beautiful statement you have there.
Re: Deposit Refunded. by Emperoh(m): 7:41pm On Feb 08, 2011
Since September?? Wonderful!!!
I don't know who this is but i kinda feel that some dealers here use monies meant for cars for something else and then run into a glitch when the time comes for the real thing and then blame it on logistics.

Or what other plausible reason can one give for delays on a car paid for since September?
This thing dey spoil market for some us and its not fair either to the clients.

I advocate you use the money for what it is and then stick to the deal.
Disclose the possible lapses likely to be experienced in the transaction to the client so that he is well aware.

I am particularly sad about this and passionate as well cos i know how much my income depends on this.
Pls pls and pls, dealers disclose all these to your clients to avoid all these complaints.

Original poster, it will be necessary for you to name the dealer if you intend this issue to be solved here.
Else it makes no sense posting it in the first place!!!
Re: Deposit Refunded. by Fhemmmy: 7:58pm On Feb 08, 2011
Emperoh:

Since September?? Wonderful!!!
I don't know who this is but i kinda feel that some dealers here use monies meant for cars for something else and then run into a glitch when the time comes for the real thing and then blame it on logistics.

Or what other plausible reason can one give for delays on a car paid for since September?
This thing dey spoil market for some us and its not fair either to the clients.

I advocate you use the money for what it is and then stick to the deal.
Disclose the possible lapses likely to be experienced in the transaction to the client so that he is well aware.

I am particularly sad about this and passionate as well cos i know how much my income depends on this.
Pls pls and pls, dealers disclose all these to your clients to avoid all these complaints.

Original poster, it will be necessary for you to name the dealer if you intend this issue to be solved here.
Else it makes no sense posting it in the first place!!!

Brilliantly said
Re: Deposit Refunded. by RICHIEBOI1(m): 8:13pm On Feb 08, 2011
The clock is ticking! grin
Re: Deposit Refunded. by inspiredm(m): 8:13pm On Feb 08, 2011
Osama10:

Inspired_m,

I left his name out of this in order for him to address the issue asap but since you want his name I don't have any problem with that.

I met him through nairaland and If I have any problems what so every with his Pre-order stuff I should trash it out here.

And for locking of the thread that looks more like a threat, I think you should be concerned with the whole issue at hand.

Lets get it Clear

This is a Public Forum and we are here to Help each other. In this case, We cant help because we don't know have any clue at all.

If you have a Problem with Your Sellers Pre Order Stuffs, Both of you can sort it out privately, But Once you bring it to a Public Forum that means you want us to assist you.

We can request for Truthful Updates and Status from Seller and offer assistance Where Necessary.

There is no Point Bringing it out here Publicly When you are Withholding  Crucial information that would assist us in resolving the matter.
Re: Deposit Refunded. by Osama10(m): 8:47pm On Feb 08, 2011
inspired_m:

Lets get it Clear

This is a Public Forum and we are here to Help each other. In this case, We cant help because we don't know have any clue at all.

If you have a Problem with Your Sellers Pre Order Stuffs, Both of you can sort it out privately, But Once you bring it to a Public Forum that means you want us to assist you.

We can request for Truthful Updates and Status from Seller and offer assistance Where Necessary.

There is no Point Bringing it out here Publicly When you are Withholding  Crucial information that would assist us in resolving the matter.

[b]Due to your persistence his name German007. angry

It all started on September 13, 2010 with the initial payment of 500k for a Nissan pathfinder 2000 with the end cost at 1.4m.

He said it would be delivered in November 2010. I call him almost everyday to confirm whether the vessel has sailed and all I get is one story or the other.

Some where around late October he came up with another story that the initial deposit was not enough and that he needed more funds.I told him why did you not tell me in the first place that the initial deposit would not pull the deal through.Or at worst he would have refunded the money to my account and we close the deal there.

This argument about additional funds dragged on for sometime, I wasn't willing to give him extra funds and I told him just try and deliver this one to gain my trust first but he ignored everything I said.

Later in November he told me the dealer had sold the car, I now told him I needed a refund and he said the dealer refused a refund that I should get a car from his inventory.With my money trapped with the dealer I now chose an Acura MDX 2003 which he said would land  Naija in January, I agreed to pay in additional 1m to make it 1.5m with him.I was still in the rig then so I told my wife to pay 500k in his account and once I come out I would pay the remaining 500k.

So when I came out in December I was in the bank to pay in the balance 500k when I called him up to be sure the arrival of the car in January and to my greatest surprise he said he can't make it in January again.There and then I just told him am not giving him any further funds he should look for a car he can deliver to naija within that 1m deposit that is with him.I chose a Grand Cherokee Overland 2002.

Now in January anytime I call to find out whether the car has sailed the answer is always a no.I now saw the Honda Accord EOD 2003 that was to be delivered to timothy but was now on sale.I told him can we make a swap and end this whole stuff with the Honda, he said ok and would do it for 1.6m so I have been waiting like 3weeks for that Honda to be delivered and its still one story after another.[/b]
Re: Deposit Refunded. by Fogman(m): 9:09pm On Feb 08, 2011
German007, please we need your own version of this allegation.
Re: Deposit Refunded. by Nobody: 9:15pm On Feb 08, 2011
I haven't made any comments on the recent spate of pre-order let-downs. But, here's my take on things:

Pre-order only works if there's trust between buyer and seller, and the buyer's notified in good time of any delays. The buyer shouldn't really have to be chasing a dealer, it's not right! To have large sums of money tied up in a car that doesn't arrive when it should is an annoyance one could well do without. N1,000,000 isn't a paltry sum.
Re: Deposit Refunded. by Nobody: 9:16pm On Feb 08, 2011
This is really sad, the dealer has been dishonest from the beginning, I don't know how he was able to convince you to pay more after the agreed first installment. Am actually about about to make a pre-order and was suppose to drop the first deposit today, I called my wife to make arrangement for the initial payment which is 30% according to the advert on nairaland but the Nigerian contact  insisted I Pay 50% instead. I don't have a problem with even paying everything since I have the cash but I would have preferred men sticking to their words. Anyway because I have spoken to the US contact and he sounded very genuine and i have followed his thread and seen no hitch, I will still go ahead and follow up the deal.

Sorry about your case Osama10, Do you have any physical information about this guy? Address, office or anything at all? I could be of help. at least to help this kind of incidence from repeating it self and damaging the image of the good once on Nairaland. I have actually had a dealing with one very honest dealer here(Inspired_m) though on phone but the deal went very smooth and the person I referred to him is still very happy.
Re: Deposit Refunded. by blank(f): 9:30pm On Feb 08, 2011
I can't believe that you went ahead and paid him more money! When it comes to all these money matters, as long as there is someone i can hold, i will deal ruthlessly with the person. Do you know the opportunity cost of the money u left tied up on a car? Make person no try me see my red eye.
Re: Deposit Refunded. by Osama10(m): 9:35pm On Feb 08, 2011
Fogman:

German007, please we need your own version of this allegation.

Am waiting for him to settle this whole stuff here too.
Re: Deposit Refunded. by Osama10(m): 9:45pm On Feb 08, 2011
Like I said earlier on I don't feel like talking to you anymore just tell me when you are delivering the car and I would tell someone to pay the balance of 600k in your account due to my absence.
Re: Deposit Refunded. by german007(m): 9:59pm On Feb 08, 2011
Hello Mods and Osama10.

Just been notified of this thread. Been off the lappie all day, Sorry for late response.

@All who chose to pass one-sided remarks.

Always advisable to listen to both sides of a coin before automatically assuming the seller is at fault.

" A transaction is a two-way operation, both the seller and buyer recieve some sort of benefit"

My valid response is upcoming shortly.

Cheers.

cool
Re: Deposit Refunded. by Osama10(m): 10:36pm On Feb 08, 2011
Oga mi,

Please post whatever you have to post, there's a parable that says "A man that's already on the floor is not afraid of falling anymore".

We are waiting for your own side of the story.
Re: Deposit Refunded. by inspiredm(m): 10:37pm On Feb 08, 2011
Osama10:

[b]Due to your persistence his name German007. angry

It all started on September 13, 2010 with the initial payment of 500k for a Nissan pathfinder 2000 with the end cost at 1.4m.

He said it would be delivered in November 2010. I call him almost everyday to confirm whether the vessel has sailed and all I get is one story or the other.

Some where around late October he came up with another story that the initial deposit was not enough and that he needed more funds.I told him why did you not tell me in the first place that the initial deposit would not pull the deal through.Or at worst he would have refunded the money to my account and we close the deal there.

This argument about additional funds dragged on for sometime, I wasn't willing to give him extra funds and I told him just try and deliver this one to gain my trust first but he ignored everything I said.

Later in November he told me the dealer had sold the car, I now told him I needed a refund and he said the dealer refused a refund that I should get a car from his inventory.With my money trapped with the dealer I now chose an Acura MDX 2003 which he said would land  Naija in January, I agreed to pay in additional 1m to make it 1.5m with him.I was still in the rig then so I told my wife to pay 500k in his account and once I come out I would pay the remaining 500k.

So when I came out in December I was in the bank to pay in the balance 500k when I called him up to be sure the arrival of the car in January and to my greatest surprise he said he can't make it in January again.There and then I just told him am not giving him any further funds he should look for a car he can deliver to naija within that 1m deposit that is with him.I chose a Grand Cherokee Overland 2002.

Now in January anytime I call to find out whether the car has sailed the answer is always a no.I now saw the Honda Accord EOD 2003 that was to be delivered to timothy but was now on sale.I told him can we make a swap and end this whole stuff with the Honda, he said ok and would do it for 1.6m so I have been waiting like 3weeks for that Honda to be delivered and its still one story after another.[/b]

Thanks For the Clarification, I'm sorry for all the Ordeals, There are Certain Questions that Begs for answers.

However, I would refrain from making any comments or taking any action(s) Until We hear from German007 his side of this Transaction.

Re: Deposit Refunded. by gaylord: 10:44pm On Feb 08, 2011
:-x :-x
Re: Deposit Refunded. by nyrol(m): 10:55pm On Feb 08, 2011
Transactions can go awful once in a while yes we all know that but as soon as it becomes a recurrent scenario then something is wrong somewhere. I ve dealt with some dealers on NL and the transaction went well for both of us cos the transaction had a sound footing from the onset and we all agreed and stick to our part of the deal. Dealers should never under-quote themselves just because they want to get deals, such deals dont always go well. Buyers too should stop asking for stupid and ridiculous prices, if you keep doing this you would have your fingers burnt cos you would put your seller in a tight corner. if you get a refund then you should count yourself lucky if not , i cant help you sorry.
Re: Deposit Refunded. by hbrednic: 11:07pm On Feb 08, 2011
It seems somebody is round tripping with other peoples money.
Some sellers here with over 95% positive feedback,
are still in business,growing yr by yr.I wonder why others cant emulate them.
Re: Deposit Refunded. by coollanny: 11:12pm On Feb 08, 2011
@Inspired M, i hail your move.
Re: Deposit Refunded. by the007: 12:44am On Feb 09, 2011
THE SPAM-ROBOT DELETED MY POST. REGISTERED A TEMPORARY USERNAME PENDING UNBLOCKING OF MY USER ID.

cool
Re: Deposit Refunded. by Osama10(m): 2:06am On Feb 09, 2011
@ German007,

I wasn't referring to you with my parable but myself.

What I meant was that I have been the one waiting for the car for 5 months and I also have my money up in the skies too, So what else are you going to say to me that's going to be new to my ears.

It was as if I was on the ground already and I wasn't bothered anymore by what you had to post.
Re: Deposit Refunded. by Nautillus(m): 6:55am On Feb 09, 2011
Na wah oh, This puts the nail in the coffin for me, 5 months, One Million, then plenty story story, Now Dealer to defend self, reply is now blocked as spam, (see plenty english), Osama, My guy, One advice, IF i were you, I will STOP now and choose between one of TWO approach plan,

1. Accept the my money is GONE, (allk of us must pay maga money at one time or the other) Discount it and move on, 1M wont kill you, as long as you are alive, you will make more, i have lost 14.4 M in a business deal, my hard earned cash,  grin, i laugh now becos, when i look back, i actually lost 12M but spent anoda 2.4M and 4 months trying to get my 12M. So, My brother, you can either decide to Accept your fate and MOVE on, OR,

2. Spend some more cash chasing him down, you might get your money back, you might not, but you would have invested your very precious TIME/MONEY & sweat in trying.

The choice is yours,

As for everyone else, SHINE YOUR EYEs, this is 2011 oh, No insult directed at anyone, just airing my opinion, IF YOU WANT to BUY ANYTHING!!!, ANYTHING AT ALL!!!!!, Take your cash there, PAY & CARRY GO, save yourself plenty heart break oh,

A word is enough

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

SOLD: Few months used 2017 Lexus LX570 Supersport @ 38m / Genuine Engine Oil,gear Oil,coolant &brake Fluids For Toyota,nissan Etc / 08-2014 Audi Q5/Q7..Audi A4/A5/A6/A8..08-015 Toyota Sequoia/Tundra (4d Chairmen)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.