Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,418 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:53 AM

Asari Dokubo: ₦81 Billion Theft At NDDC Is Mere Pickpocketing - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Asari Dokubo: ₦81 Billion Theft At NDDC Is Mere Pickpocketing (36032 Views)

'FCT Is Mere 37th' - SDP Presidential Candidate, Adebayo Adewole / Akpabio: NDDC Is Broke, We Need More Funds / Rochas Okorocha: NDDC Is The Worst Establishment I Have Ever Seen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asari Dokubo: ₦81 Billion Theft At NDDC Is Mere Pickpocketing by HarryDuce(m): 9:27am On Jul 27, 2020
grin

Although Asari is deflecting, and being a hypocrite that he is, we all know what he's means.

Imagine making enough money year-in year-out to finance a budget with change to spare and we still borrow. Talk about a nation doomed to corruption.
Re: Asari Dokubo: ₦81 Billion Theft At NDDC Is Mere Pickpocketing by lexy2014: 9:36am On Jul 27, 2020
AreaFada2:

Oh as my professor you can ask me questions and expect your reply, Abi? Chai. Youths of nowadays. shocked

Once again u are talking off point
Re: Asari Dokubo: ₦81 Billion Theft At NDDC Is Mere Pickpocketing by Therapyken(m): 9:42am On Jul 27, 2020
Stealing is not corruption. Or is stealing corruption? Abeg make somebori remind me, e be like say I don forget which is which. Stealing is not corruption, corruption is not stealing. Pickpocketing is corruption that is not stealing. Stealing is corruption by way of pickpocketing. Stealing, corruption, pickpocketing...abeg make somebori help out ooo!!!

1 Like

Re: Asari Dokubo: ₦81 Billion Theft At NDDC Is Mere Pickpocketing by TruthinAction: 9:45am On Jul 27, 2020
I don't know why people can't read between lines. Asari Dokubo is not justifying the looting in NDDC but he is saying that there are far bigger looting going in other sectors which they deliberately turn blind eye on. If they are truly fighting corruption, search light should also be thrown on these other sectors such as NNPC, CBN and The Nigeria Customs. You will be amazed at the money being looted in these sectors.
Re: Asari Dokubo: ₦81 Billion Theft At NDDC Is Mere Pickpocketing by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:06am On Jul 27, 2020
Openbusiness4:
what do you mean why am I bringing NNPC into it? What kind of anti-corruption crusader are you What do you mean by "in future when the axe falls", so your own anti-corruption axe has time table when it falls on some lesser corruption and ignores the bigger corruption? Distracting you from issues at hand as how? I want to distract you, yet I posted a thread centered on NDDC corruption? They keep supporting and worshipping the biggest thieves, but throw tyres on the neck of the smaller thieves and burn them to death, I see that how your anti-corruption strategy works. No problem, continue

What I meant was that this particular case is about NDDC. When it comes to NNPC, then we face NNPC squarely.

Everyone knows that there is corruption in every sector of our economy, especially our oil industry.

The NNPC is an entire industry in its own rights. To better monitor it, Buhari did sack many heads of government-owned companies, and even split the organization into two to better monitor it. So, it is not like there are no efforts being made in that direction.

But, unfortunately, this issue is about the NDDC.
Re: Asari Dokubo: ₦81 Billion Theft At NDDC Is Mere Pickpocketing by rexscholar: 10:13am On Jul 27, 2020
I thought this man was a brave man o, I never knew he is a coward.
Re: Asari Dokubo: ₦81 Billion Theft At NDDC Is Mere Pickpocketing by themanderon: 10:14am On Jul 27, 2020
It is finished. Nigeria is officially in a rat race for who can steal the most.
Re: Asari Dokubo: ₦81 Billion Theft At NDDC Is Mere Pickpocketing by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:14am On Jul 27, 2020
TruthinAction:
I don't know why people can't read between lines. Asari Dokubo is not justifying the looting in NDDC but he is saying that there are far bigger looting going in other sectors which they deliberately turn blind eye on. If they are truly fighting corruption, search light should also be thrown on these other sectors such as NNPC, CBN and The Nigeria Customs. You will be amazed at the money being looted in these sectors.

You are the one who failed to read between the lines.

That man is justifying the looting.

This is like a father whose son was reported to have stolen 50 naira. Instead of facing his son and dealing with him, he turns to the accusers of his son and says, "What my son did is pickpocketing compared to what my neighbor's son did last week".

If that is not justifying his son's theft, then what is?

2 Likes

Re: Asari Dokubo: ₦81 Billion Theft At NDDC Is Mere Pickpocketing by Openbusiness4: 10:23am On Jul 27, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

What I meant was that this particular case is about NDDC. When it comes to NNPC, then we face NNPC squarely.

Everyone knows that there is corruption in every sector of our economy, especially our oil industry.

The NNPC is an entire industry in its own rights. To better monitor it, Buhari did sack many DGs, and even split the organization into two to better monitor it. So, it is not like there are no efforts being made in that direction.

But, unfortunately, this issue is about the NDDC.

When is the "when" going to happen. For one, you cannot separate NDDC from NNPC, because the funds both have their hands in the Niger-delta oil money. You cannot probe NDDC and ignore NNPC, never! They are symbiotic. A bank was robbed of N100, 4 thieves came in and did the stealing. One thief stole N2, another one N1, and another one stole N7 and the other thief stole N90, they stole separately at different times in the night. So if the police detectives come into the bank to investigate the robbery, they should only bother about the thief that stole N2, and forget about catching the other ones, that they will pursue those ones another year, or they will wait till anytime there is another robbery to try and catch the other thieves. Does this make sense to you? Yet you say the "issue" is about NDDC. Well, you got it wrong again. The "issue" is not about NDDC. The issue is about "corruption", the monumental staggering corruption happening in major sectors of our country that is been deliberately ignored. Yet they are quick to jump on the NDDC as if that's the worst occurrence of corruption. If there was ever a time to prove, dismantle and rip apart the NNPC for CORRUPTION, the time is NOW! The anti-corruption hammer cannot be selective of which corruption it chooses to nail. It must nail them all. That is true anti-corruption. But nothing will be done about the NNPC because Buhari is the minister in charge. "Mr. Integrity" indeed grin
Re: Asari Dokubo: ₦81 Billion Theft At NDDC Is Mere Pickpocketing by BluntTheApostle(m): 10:28am On Jul 27, 2020
Openbusiness4:

When is the "when" going to happen. For one, you cannot separate NDDC from NNPC, because the funds both have their hands in the Niger-delta oil money. You cannot probe NDDC and ignore NNPC, never! They are symbiotic. A bank was robbed of N100, 4 thieves came in and did the stealing. One thief stole N2, another one N1, and another one stole N7 and the other thief stole N90, they stole separately at different times in the night. So if the police detectives come into the bank to investigate the robbery, they should only bother about the thief that stole N2, and forget about catching the other ones, that they will pursue those ones another year, or they will wait till anytime there is another robbery to try and catch the other thieves. Does this make sense to you? Yet you say the "issue" is about NDDC. Well, you got it wrong again. The "issue" is not about NDDC. The issue is about "corruption", the monumental staggering corruption happening in major sectors of our country that is been deliberately ignored. Yet they are quick to jump on the NDDC as if that's the worst occurrence of corruption. If there was ever a time to prove, dismantle and rip apart the NNPC for CORRUPTION, the time is NOW! The anti-corruption hammer cannot be selective of which corruption it chooses to nail. It must nail them all. That is true anti-corruption. But nothing will be done about the NNPC because Buhari is the minister in charge. "Mr. Integrity" indeed grin

The money squandered was what was allocated to the NDDC.

By your logic, we should blame the sports ministry for the misappropriation of funds allocated to the handball association.

As for "when", read this article on corruption in the NNPC, and how it has defied many solutions, and why it is difficult to adequately monitor affairs:

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2016/03/nigeria-oil-corruption-buhari/473850/

1 Like

Re: Asari Dokubo: ₦81 Billion Theft At NDDC Is Mere Pickpocketing by fortune1968: 10:38am On Jul 27, 2020
I didn't know that this man is so unintelligent . And it goes to show that he has been fighting for his own pocket and not his people . Jesus ! Where is Ken Saro Wiwa ?
Re: Asari Dokubo: ₦81 Billion Theft At NDDC Is Mere Pickpocketing by Openbusiness4: 10:50am On Jul 27, 2020
BluntTheApostle:

The money squandered was what was allocated to the NDDC.

By your logic, we should blame the sports ministry for the misappropriation of funds allocated to the handball association.

As for "when", read this article on corruption in the NNPC, and how it has defied many solutions, and why it is difficult to adequately monitor affairs:

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2016/03/nigeria-oil-corruption-buhari/473850/
There is nothing like "defied" solutions. All that lingo and jargon is just a cover up to perpetuate stealing. If Saro Wiwa could be sentenced to death and hanged for the "crime" of "treason" (quote and unquote), what could be more treasonous to the country than looting the economic prosperity of 180m citizens to oblivion? NDDC loot is crumbs compared to those who are looting the Niger-delta crude oil day in day out without any transparent accountability. The Nigerian govt had the political will and found the means to hang Saro Wiwa at all costs. But when it comes to catching the thieves destroying this country, you're telling me "defied many solutions", "difficult" etc. No there's nothing "difficult" in the sense of difficult. But I get it, it's difficult for them to probe the thieves when the people who are the thieves are the people they see when they stand and look in the mirror.
Re: Asari Dokubo: ₦81 Billion Theft At NDDC Is Mere Pickpocketing by Charly68: 11:50am On Jul 27, 2020
Why won't he support them,he must be one of the contractors who see NDDC as cash cow..nonsense chief who money from KANU but diverting the allegation..no integrity again.
Re: Asari Dokubo: ₦81 Billion Theft At NDDC Is Mere Pickpocketing by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jul 27, 2020
Look at him, as if he did not a benefit of the pick pocketing and armed robbery of the resources of his so called region.

If he truly loved them why go to another country to establish.

Kettle calling pot black.

I pity the niger delta region, cause all they can ever amount to is being cash cows for the north and west, the current underdeveloped status of the region does not measure up the wealth stolen from it.

But they should blame their own people who prefer to sell their people for a mesh of porridge or better sell themselves to a pick pocketer. grin

1 Like

Re: Asari Dokubo: ₦81 Billion Theft At NDDC Is Mere Pickpocketing by Openbusiness4: 12:46pm On Jul 27, 2020
TruthinAction:
Don't mind them. They are intentionally misinterpreting what Asari said because they want to deflect from the real issues he has raised. The evil cabal looting this country to its grave don't like it when we talk about corruption in the highest places in this country. So they will recruit their zombies to rant about nothing and point accusing fingers at the lesser thieves and try to deflect and push a tale of denial or "we will deal with it later, that's not the issue on ground now" hypocritical attitude when their thieving yansh is opened. When will the "later" come? When is the "when" that we will deal with the biggest thieves in this country and open their files. How long will they continue to sweep their probes under the carpet and we turn a blind eye to their corruption. These thieves are economic terrorists that have terrorized this country to a state of unimaginable poverty and mass suffering for the citizens. Yet we should shut up about that. I'm not a supporter or promoter of Asari but i won't deny or deflect that he has made a very valid point. He has raised an issue that honestly if we as citizens were truly serious about the development of this country we cannot ignore. A company whistle blower just exposed that 48 million barrels of crude oil has been siphoned to China. Where is the outrage? But the NDDC that was made for the development of the Niger-delta is been hounded to be scrapped, while the real hardened thieves in Abuja that have turned NNPC to their ATM are answerable to nobody. NNPC that is plundering the wealth of the same Niger-delta and appropriating the oil wells to their cabal, cronies and partners in crime. Asari isn't saying they should not probe NDDC. He is saying the thieves in NDDC are small thieves compared to the thieves in Abuja and what they stole is crumbs compared to what those ones are stealing.
Re: Asari Dokubo: ₦81 Billion Theft At NDDC Is Mere Pickpocketing by GoldHorse(m): 1:00pm On Jul 27, 2020
Good comparison uncle! .....but who is suffering it?
Re: Asari Dokubo: ₦81 Billion Theft At NDDC Is Mere Pickpocketing by raf9ty: 1:59pm On Jul 27, 2020
OK
Re: Asari Dokubo: ₦81 Billion Theft At NDDC Is Mere Pickpocketing by emsheddy(m): 3:37pm On Jul 27, 2020
israelp:
shame on u too for living in d south
Does this even make any sense to you?
I'm a Deltan, living in Rivers State.
Proudly a Niger-Deltan. So where you been want make I stay?
Re: Asari Dokubo: ₦81 Billion Theft At NDDC Is Mere Pickpocketing by inyenejo(m): 3:38pm On Jul 27, 2020
God bless u my brother, the Foolanis are stealing our oil money in Trillions and we are here fighting for ordinary 81 Billion.
Re: Asari Dokubo: ₦81 Billion Theft At NDDC Is Mere Pickpocketing by Sunsets: 4:19pm On Jul 27, 2020
Re: Asari Dokubo: ₦81 Billion Theft At NDDC Is Mere Pickpocketing by ajl: 4:45pm On Jul 27, 2020
It is this type of mentality that is killing Nigerians. The lack of objective reasoning. So far the thieves are of your tribe, it is okay. What is bad is bad. People who reason this way will likely remain poor for life. It's like my saying it's okay for Obasa or Tinubu to continue to rob Lagos taxpayers because nothing was done to act on the corruption report on Malami. How nauseating is bad. Anyone that reason this way is also a potential thief. Asari has "stolen" from his people one or the other. So, he is not different. It's our oil money mentality.

1 Like

Re: Asari Dokubo: ₦81 Billion Theft At NDDC Is Mere Pickpocketing by ajl: 4:48pm On Jul 27, 2020
TruthinAction:

As if we don't know this already. A thief is a thief. Don't justify stupidity.
Re: Asari Dokubo: ₦81 Billion Theft At NDDC Is Mere Pickpocketing by TruthinAction: 5:10pm On Jul 27, 2020
ajl:

As if we don't know this already. A thief is a thief. Don't justify stupidity.

Please do quote the lines that he justified the looting. Everyone found stealing should be probed but they should start with the big thieves first. And they are more among the executives.
Re: Asari Dokubo: ₦81 Billion Theft At NDDC Is Mere Pickpocketing by freebreezeyz(m): 5:23pm On Jul 27, 2020
He made sense in a way, but I totally disagree with him calling #81B MERE CHANGE!!!...Haba...he is even talking as if he benefitted from it and wants us to shy away from the probe. He should have at least CONDEMNED it also nah...haba undecided

Openbusiness4:

https://www.thecable.ng/asari-dokubo-n81bn-theft-at-nddc-mere-pickpocketing
Re: Asari Dokubo: ₦81 Billion Theft At NDDC Is Mere Pickpocketing by jude79(m): 5:30pm On Jul 27, 2020
RichBoy247:
Useless buffoon. So the South-South is in full support of it's looting children after all other regions too are stealing billions.

Very very good position. Let me tell Osinbajo and Tinubu to go and get more bullion vans to loot money directly from CBN.

Yes now, too much looting from the north with no commensurate punishment like public execution from Nigeria pseudogovernment or whatever Nigerians think they have as government. What then do you expect the real owners of resources to do? Protest and be killed or siddon de look. If you can't beat them join themoo!!
Re: Asari Dokubo: ₦81 Billion Theft At NDDC Is Mere Pickpocketing by jude79(m): 5:36pm On Jul 27, 2020
omenka:
Dont brother posting any fact, we wholeheartedly agree with Asari.

And we urge the leaders in the Niger Delta to steal more so that, eventually, their stealing can measure up to what the Northerners are stealing.

Dear Niger Delta leaders, if you're reading this, my name is Omenka and I endorse your stealing 100% and implore you to steal more, after all, you've not stolen up to what Northerners are stealing.

Thank you as you do this for your people.

For once, you've said something reasonable, even if your mocking in disguise.
Re: Asari Dokubo: ₦81 Billion Theft At NDDC Is Mere Pickpocketing by omenka(m): 5:47pm On Jul 27, 2020
jude79:

For once, you've said something reasonable, even if your mocking in disguise.
For once, I noticed you even exist. Never did.

Good a thing you've been following me everywhere to notice I've never said anything reasonable in the past. Too bad I didn't even know you exist.

Such is life when you are a nobody. wink

1 Like

Re: Asari Dokubo: ₦81 Billion Theft At NDDC Is Mere Pickpocketing by delishpot: 11:14pm On Jul 27, 2020
He has collected his share na. Now he wants to make Niger Deltans not look at the thieves in NDDC who have screwed them through the anus. Corrupt set of human beings.
Re: Asari Dokubo: ₦81 Billion Theft At NDDC Is Mere Pickpocketing by Billygee2u: 7:37am On Jul 28, 2020
Sammy07:
Mtcheww.
Imagine?
Pls what's stops you to lead your militants boys and bomb NDDC headquarters
If not because he's also eating crumbs.
Re: Asari Dokubo: ₦81 Billion Theft At NDDC Is Mere Pickpocketing by Billygee2u: 7:37am On Jul 28, 2020
helinues:
So they should not investigate the N81bn cos according to over bloated frog, the money na Chicken change....

I said it, SS people have no external enemy but instead internal

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Flood Alert: Alpha Beach In Lagos Overflowing / Buhari Wins Nasarawa State. / Soludo Condemns Manhandling Of Odumeje By Government Taskforce Personnel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.