Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,944 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

The Lady In My Life, My Burden. - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Lady In My Life, My Burden. (53887 Views)

When My Brain Is Also My Burden / The Lady I Wanted To Marry Pretended To Be A Graduate To Me / Man Boasts Of Sleeping With His Ex In His Car; The Lady's Husband Responds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by Benkingg: 6:46pm On Jul 28, 2020
please, if this girl has all the quality that you wanted for a woman of ur dream, please, don't Tell her to go because of her poor baground.

what I will suggest from you is that, you should cut down the expenses related to her.

1. you should use her salary for that month, add little to it and get her a new phone (good phone).
2. Reduce her salary by 10--15% and explain ur reason to that effect to her. If she loves you, she will stay and if she don't, you will notice some behaviours from her. then you will know what ur next action Will be..
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by MartinsD12(m): 6:46pm On Jul 28, 2020
LordNicvuitton:
Hi Romancelanders, don't know if it's right to share this topic here, but I'll do for now.

I'm Victory, from the East and currently a resident of Edo state. I came to this state, as an intern and thereafter, still served here and in the course of all these, I thought out and established a laundry business, which is just about 8 months old. This was to keep life going and to better bond well with the lady in my life currently.

While in Edo state, having rounded my internship & kickstarting service sometime around 2017, I met this Kiki Osemudiamen (Name changed), and it was nothing serious at 1st, cos I never really thought I'd date someone here, fact is that I never thought I'd stay beyond my service year. I met her while she was in 200l. We encouraged each other, she saw potentials and had faith in me just like I have so much faith in her. She is simplistic, encourages me to save and I in turn, encouraged her and guided her through some of her studies. She passed her 2nd MB.BS. and is currently awaiting lifting of the lockdown on schools, so she can start her clinicals.

Problem is that she came from a not buoyant family financially, and although both parents are alive, she struggles to survive/feed daily. Her dad supplies about 1000litres/trip water to households, while her mum sells at the local market. I on the other hand, came from a middle class family but my Dad is late since 2012, and I've been a sponsor of my education and that of my younger ones through the lil I inherited (which mum manages for now) plus my various endeavours. She depends on me for daily meals and other basic essentials, in fact I had to place her on salary in my laundry shop during this lockdown, so she plays the role of secretary in my shop too.

The latest challenge came about, yesterday. While she slept in the shop, I was out on errand, someone sneaked into the shop and stole her android phone with all of her e-medics textbooks (she reads mostly e-copies because she can't afford hardcopies), she has been crying all through and I really don't know what to do. Since I knew her, She'd been an appendage and an extra financial burden to me, I can't begin to list what I've done for her, although I kept reminding her never to not have entitlement mentality and she does appreciate. Out of desperation to ease her pain, I promised to sponsor her in getting a new phone. I have burdens, huge ones, I'm yet to acquire a diesel engine for my laundry (I use ponytail industrial iron which has higher voltage/current than normal ones), plus other related merchandise that I need to set up and I feel like she slows down my financial pace.

Honestly, I don't do all these for her, hoping for any personal gains, in the words of my daddy in the Lord, Prophet T.B. Joshua, He said and I quote: "We make a living by what we get and we make a life by what we give" but I am almost fed up and tired, especially when I remember that both her parents are still alive.. I am scared that that for the 1st time, I may fail her in that financial obligation because I honestly need money now, with the whole pandemic issue plus, I feel like she slows me down in life financially and a huge burden to me. Right now, she's so attached to me, more so that when I initially wanted to hault our relationship, it almost nearly affected her academics negatively. Please I need matured minds to help me think this through and garnish me with advice(s) because I almost feel so choked up and a rising urge to relocate from here, so i can breathe again.

NB: Advice from married couples and those in serious relationships, will be highly appreciated.

Modified: She went to her bank (First bank) this morning, only to be informed that about 20k (Her mum's business money) has been used to purchase recharge voucher. Her mum sends/receives money from distant customers through her account. Yesterday's scenario, all over again. Please folks, lock your SIM cards just as much as you lock your phones. Learn from this painful experience please.
Wetin concern man pikin na you put yourself in that situation when you wake up receive sense you know what to do
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by sandysaint: 6:51pm On Jul 28, 2020
LordNicvuitton:
Hi Romancelanders, don't know if it's right to share this topic here, but I'll do for now.

I'm Victory, from the East and currently a resident of Edo state. I came to this state, as an intern and thereafter, still served here and in the course of all these, I thought out and established a laundry business, which is just about 8 months old. This was to keep life going and to better bond well with the lady in my life currently.

While in Edo state, having rounded my internship & kickstarting service sometime around 2017, I met this Kiki Osemudiamen (Name changed), and it was nothing serious at 1st, cos I never really thought I'd date someone here, fact is that I never thought I'd stay beyond my service year. I met her while she was in 200l. We encouraged each other, she saw potentials and had faith in me just like I have so much faith in her. She is simplistic, encourages me to save and I in turn, encouraged her and guided her through some of her studies. She passed her 2nd MB.BS. and is currently awaiting lifting of the lockdown on schools, so she can start her clinicals.

Problem is that she came from a not buoyant family financially, and although both parents are alive, she struggles to survive/feed daily. Her dad supplies about 1000litres/trip water to households, while her mum sells at the local market. I on the other hand, came from a middle class family but my Dad is late since 2012, and I've been a sponsor of my education and that of my younger ones through the lil I inherited (which mum manages for now) plus my various endeavours. She depends on me for daily meals and other basic essentials, in fact I had to place her on salary in my laundry shop during this lockdown, so she plays the role of secretary in my shop too.

The latest challenge came about, yesterday. While she slept in the shop, I was out on errand, someone sneaked into the shop and stole her android phone with all of her e-medics textbooks (she reads mostly e-copies because she can't afford hardcopies), she has been crying all through and I really don't know what to do. Since I knew her, She'd been an appendage and an extra financial burden to me, I can't begin to list what I've done for her, although I kept reminding her never to not have entitlement mentality and she does appreciate. Out of desperation to ease her pain, I promised to sponsor her in getting a new phone. I have burdens, huge ones, I'm yet to acquire a diesel engine for my laundry (I use ponytail industrial iron which has higher voltage/current than normal ones), plus other related merchandise that I need to set up and I feel like she slows down my financial pace.

Honestly, I don't do all these for her, hoping for any personal gains, in the words of my daddy in the Lord, Prophet T.B. Joshua, He said and I quote: "We make a living by what we get and we make a life by what we give" but I am almost fed up and tired, especially when I remember that both her parents are still alive.. I am scared that that for the 1st time, I may fail her in that financial obligation because I honestly need money now, with the whole pandemic issue plus, I feel like she slows me down in life financially and a huge burden to me. Right now, she's so attached to me, more so that when I initially wanted to hault our relationship, it almost nearly affected her academics negatively. Please I need matured minds to help me think this through and garnish me with advice(s) because I almost feel so choked up and a rising urge to relocate from here, so i can breathe again.

NB: Advice from married couples and those in serious relationships, will be highly appreciated.

Modified: She went to her bank (First bank) this morning, only to be informed that about 20k (Her mum's business money) has been used to purchase recharge voucher. Her mum sends/receives money from distant customers through her account. Yesterday's scenario, all over again. Please folks, lock your SIM cards just as much as you lock your phones. Learn from this painful experience please.

Quite a dicy situation. My guy, as a medical professional you know she needs that phone. Go to jiji or olx and arrange for a 1gb phone for her. At least she can download the required apps to read her lecture slides and textbooks.

Your business has been running prior to now without the diesel generator. It's not going to crumble just because you didn't get it when you feel you would have gotten it.

You could also decide to leave the business for her and go hustle in gidi since she has picked the crude skills needed. Marriage for now is out of the picture.
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by Wolexyrey: 6:53pm On Jul 28, 2020
You don't give what u dont have. Your family is paramount as well. I was introduced to a medical student and almost the same has been happening but I can only give what I can afford. What are u trying to prove BG inconvenienting old wise up bro
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 6:54pm On Jul 28, 2020
LordNicvuitton:

Did you know that many married men are not capable of doing for their wives the things you are doing for that girl? Marry her! Make her your responsibility. If she graduates and decides to leave you for someone else, don't be surprised, there is a 90% chance of that happening.

2 Likes

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by mmadu4: 6:59pm On Jul 28, 2020
Remix10:
I don't get, she works in your shop and you pay her and she collects after you fed her and provided her needs? methinks she stays with you too. If she is grateful being, she should refuse any salary you give her. she should work for free. Stop paying her if you would end up taking care of her needs. that will ease your financial burden. You are becoming a simp, Man up and take control, don't allow your sympathy transcend to stupidity.

This is the most reasonable and well said comment I have seen on here . Man is a simp no doubt . How can you do all that when you know that your not dangote or bill gate . Even the girl in question never turns down any money given to her . For me that shows she never loved the guy it's always about the money and financial benefits

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by zyzxx(m): 7:00pm On Jul 28, 2020
LordNicvuitton:

I want to respectfully keep our intimacy life out of this bro, but just know that I'm her 1st definition of a true love. Most of what you typed, are positive words and i thank you. I've never stopped encouraging her. She has the potential to be a life partner (trust me, I have had experiences to know this) but the financial burden is the negative in all these.
Bro, that is life, seeing this financial stuff as negative side is not good enough...
You see, I understand you that what happened to her and this time demand much from you and you don't want to do it but because of the pressure of love you have for her is compelling you to do it for her out of your comfort zone
And that it is what is causing you pain

Bro, don't let this affects your relationship with her and your kindness towards her
Just make it clear, because of this time we are, I Cant get you phone, that doesn't mean you don't love her, no...
So, don't push yourself to far

Even you might still find yourself in that shoe in future

So please, keep helping her
But don't do what is not convenient for you
And pls, don't bother refereeing her to her parent. Life is not balance

God bless

2 Likes

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by WeRblessed(f): 7:09pm On Jul 28, 2020
I am a lady and please, this my advice is not because I'm trying to be condescending towards women or because I'm someone with a great profession. Please listen to my few words below!

1, run away from women who contribute nothing but advice and sex to your life ( future).

2. She is with you now because you're the only one placing food on her table; let a wealthy man with a good car flag her down the road and presents her with better opportunities and see her dump your a.s.s.

3. Nekwa gi nekwa failure!

4. You don't wanna wake up after two years wasted on this girl and have nothing to show for it.

5. I believe that one of the prerequisites of getting married and staying married is having a job (income) from both parties ( unless one person makes more than enough and the other watch the kids and keep the home in ORDER)

Finally, Stay far from leeches and moochers.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by amakadlite(f): 7:09pm On Jul 28, 2020
LordNicvuitton:

Her relatives occasionally send her clothes and shoes, that's it. Her wealthier relatives according to her, try to limit communication with them, same reason she was convinced within herself to go study medicine, so she can help her family.
Relationship is give and take. Does this girl also support you when you're down apart from the encouragements? A reasonable partner know when and when not to depend and should be reasonable in her demands. using background or condition as excuse to empty your savings at the detriment of your business is not good. I know girls from not well to do parents who acquired skills and did businesses to survive.
btw, you sound too emotional, you need to wake up.

6 Likes

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:12pm On Jul 28, 2020
deepwater:

baba na wash

Please what is meaning of na wash?
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by mmadu4: 7:19pm On Jul 28, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

The funny thing is that most of you guys think the same, in such a way that when the lady who's your destined helpmeet comes, you won't even recognise it cause you want to smash because you helped her.

Op is sitting on the fence when it comes to being her one and only. If they end up together, fine, if they don't, good. That's the kind of person he is. Since he isn't looking for the rewards just because he helped someone, reward will find him when he least expects it (The universal law of giving).

Even if he doesn't end up with her, this girl will be an instrument of upliftment to him in later years. That's the power of selflessness and sacrifice.

Shut up abeg which uplift ? You are a lady so you will always support your fellow leech weather good or bad I don't expect anything less .

5 Likes

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:19pm On Jul 28, 2020
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

Did you know that many married men are not capable of doing for their wives the things you are doing for that girl? Marry her! Make her your responsibility. If she graduates and decides to leave you for someone else, don't be surprised, there is a 90% chance of that happening.

People from poor background are the most ungrateful set of people. Her parents can even encourage her to dump the guy.

Because she will now be more marketable

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by beblessed(f): 7:24pm On Jul 28, 2020
LordNicvuitton:

People come into our lives either to lift us up or bring us down. I think you should pray about it. Life has twists and turns. Imagine if the widow did not share her meal with Elijah, she will not have a place in the Bible. After the prayers, do whatever you spirit tells you. You may be the answer to the prayers of the girl or her poor parents.
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by onpoint69(m): 7:24pm On Jul 28, 2020
LordNicvuitton:

being responsible for another human being is not a small burden especially when you are trying to find your feet in life but it also defines who we are and who will become in life. the whole essence of a lifetime is to grow in our humanity. so brace up brother this is just one of the assignments that life will trust at you in this your sojourn on earth, moreover you can never tell how God has planned to use this to favour you in future, just be upfront and honest in your dealings with her. as per her phone, you can get her a functional Android phone that will not bite you much. good luck to you bruv.
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:25pm On Jul 28, 2020
WeRblessed:
I am a lady and please, this my advice is not because I'm trying to be condescending towards women or because I'm someone with a great profession. Please listen to my few words below!

1, run away from women who contribute nothing but advice and sex to your life ( future).

2. She is with you now because you're the only one placing food on her table; let a wealthy man with a good car flag her down the road and presents her with better opportunities and see her dump your a.s.s.

3. Nekwa gi nekwa failure!

4. You don't wanna wake up after two years wasted on this girl and have nothing to show for it.

5. I believe that one of the prerequisites of getting married and staying married is having a job (income) from both parties ( unless one person makes more than enough and the other watch the kids and keep the home in ORDER)

Finally, Stay far from leeches and moochers.

Good talk from a woman.

Hmmm run away from women who contribute nothing but advice and sex to your life

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by AustineJohn908(m): 7:26pm On Jul 28, 2020
LordNicvuitton:

Thanks bro.. I did/have been doing those things for her, like I'd do for any of my 2 sisters. I expected nothing, knowing that she came from a struggling family, if i had gotten a steady job, trust me, I'd never complain, nor will I have ever brought up this topic. It's just that the burden is just weighing heavily on me, especially due to this year and all of its drama.
Please do fulfil your Promise to her. help her get the phone to aid her. please even after you help her, don't breakup with her yet cause it might affects her concentration in school especially now she is in her finals. wait till she graduate before breaking up with her if you do want.

Also you can try to talk to her about how the bundle is weighing on u this much and you guys should put head together to know how to solve things.
If she is a good lady, don't let her go, it not her fault her parents are Poor and can't pay her fees.
I'm sure in the long run you be happy you did
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by Elsiedaniels(f): 7:28pm On Jul 28, 2020
Here
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by OBYNOWEST12(m): 7:28pm On Jul 28, 2020
Brother, Sincerely speaking oooo. I once be in ur shoe but I will advice u. To focus on ur dream first.. Go for the money once you have make that money. U search for her. If she is still single. U marry her.. if she is not single den know she's not for u. Ur own woman will come, one with a good character, so unique than the former..

Hustle for ur dream. Ur dream of traveling outside the country or wen u get job outside. U come back and pay her bride price..

Never u allow this to border u.. if this gal leaves ur life. MY Guy u will be more focus on ur dream. Hustle for ur dream.

LordNicvuitton:

Yes, you typed true words as per aspirations of those in my field, however I know within me that the time for marriage is not ripe for me. 1st things first and that is why I'm laying the foundations for now.
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by vickydevoka(m): 7:33pm On Jul 28, 2020
Amodsun:
You have already made a promise to her..see through that promise of getting her a phone then afterwards, find subtle means of relieving yourself from the entanglement you are in.

I once had a friend who went through very similar scenario.. I know it might take a toll on your business or finance but pls, see through this last promise you made and let her find a work while awaiting lock down to be lifted..

Beauty is vain and charm is deceitful..i I pray God gives you grace and blessings as you plan out your daily hustle.
Get wic fûcking phone na her papa him b
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by Decryptor(m): 7:35pm On Jul 28, 2020
LordNicvuitton:

Thanks bro.. beauty never was the attraction, I'm a sapiosexual. That said, she has a good heart, the only difficult thing is that both her parents are alive and she's this dependent on me. I once raised that issue about her parents not doing enough in her life and she cried bitterly. It made me feel bad, like I was reminding her of where she's coming from.

WTF! She is blackmailing you emotionally with her tears. Severe ties with her immediately!!

1 Like

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by Latonbaba: 7:39pm On Jul 28, 2020
Here is my take.

Sit her down and explain how your business works and your plans for expansion. Let her know that if you both spend above a particular threshold a month, the business could go down.

Although you own the business hut believe me she needs your business to survive more than you need it to survive because she got nothing outside that business while you still got your mom and properties bequeathed to you.

So i am very confident she will adjust for your business to survive.

Then when you get a new phone. Dont buy the ebooks. Go to library genesis to download books.
If she needs research papers go to scihub.

Do not think about leaving her. Consider her as a wife and you wont leave your wife because you are broke.

So any money you spend on her should be seen as investment in your future partner. Plan to get married to her befofe she graduates and you guys start making babies. This life is simple. A loving and hard working woman is the most important asset a man can have.

1 Like

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by vickydevoka(m): 7:39pm On Jul 28, 2020
CaveAdullam:
As a man, putting a woman above your goals is one of the most dangerous simping mistake.

MBBS ko, Doctor fa.......better be ready when she finally shit you like a poo after graduation.

Be simping there.
God bless you. Most people who commit suicide are de cause of their people. Only a simp will commit to a lady he is not married to. Fools Everywhere, it actually de strong is true bcus Nairalanders Sabi fabricate .
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by OBYNOWEST12(m): 7:40pm On Jul 28, 2020
Unizik guy,. Okofia brother just pm me let talk. Make dat gal no terminate ur dream ooooo...

LordNicvuitton:

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by CaveAdullam: 7:43pm On Jul 28, 2020
MetalJigsaw:
Guy you deserve more figures into your bank account.

I can't believe there are still full grown "matured" men that put their brains under their shoes and give their balls to a woman.

What does She offer him in return? nothing but her body
Nickleodeon, Disney etc has really caused men a great deal in trying to emulate these love fictions; their fantasies, into the real world. Men soaked in romance novels.

Las las it will end in tears......looooooool

I hate manginas/simps. They disgust me than shit.

Fu¶!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by CaveAdullam: 7:45pm On Jul 28, 2020
Exodora:

You guys should stop discouraging people .Not everybody shit their long time friend especially does that shared something deep with.
Mangina/simp detected.

Fu¶ off!

3 Likes

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by Solzate(m): 7:47pm On Jul 28, 2020
Blood of Zachariah

My man, all I can tell you now is to focus on your goal in life, I know you love that girl but don't let her slow u down with billing, since you love her and she loves you, kindly tell her u can't afford a phone for her now, that you have lots of things you need to sort first, if she is considerate enough she will understand,if she makes an issue out of it don't disturb ur self about any problem of hers, cause she go bill d life out of you.
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by nwachukwu9(m): 7:51pm On Jul 28, 2020
LordNicvuitton:

Bro, I wasn't referring to the romance when I quoted the MOG, I was hinting on the philanthropic role I'm playing in her life.
am sorry to say that you are not playing any philanthropic role, you are foolish to me. If you want to play philanthropic role you would not be here complaining because God would reward you. You are in love with her and not playing any philanthropic role. A person who plays philanthropic role helps a lot of people (both male and female) with the little he has and sees it as an assignment from God, such a person would never come to nairaland to complain. Stop deceiving yourself, you are not playing any philanthropic role in her life. She is your lover and you are doing all this to make her happy

1 Like

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by deepwater(f): 7:51pm On Jul 28, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Please what is meaning of na wash?

deceit
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:56pm On Jul 28, 2020
deepwater:

deceit

Thanks.
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by deepwater(f): 8:02pm On Jul 28, 2020
emmanuelewumi:

Thanks.

Emma
I asked you a question the other day u bone me
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:04pm On Jul 28, 2020
LordNicvuitton:

Why would you think that it's a story? Look my profile, I've been on Nairaland since 2010. Go through my previous posts. This is why i suggested that only matured minds should rub minds with me.
I had to go n log in to comment. Carry on. Make her understand that the money you v for now ll be used for your biz & you can raise the money for phone later. Abi which one is more pressing? Your biz or are e-lessons?
In a relationship like this a lot of sacrifices are to be made. Rome wasn't built in a day. What you should be worried about is if she ended up being an ingrate or unfaithful lady to you

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Lady Exposes Man Asking Her For Sex On Facebook / I Think Black American Men Are The Hottest Black Men And Men In The World! / Nigerian Lady Boyfriend Dumped To Marry Another Woman Breaks Nigeria Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 162
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.