Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

The Lady In My Life, My Burden. - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Lady In My Life, My Burden. (53875 Views)

When My Brain Is Also My Burden / The Lady I Wanted To Marry Pretended To Be A Graduate To Me / Man Boasts Of Sleeping With His Ex In His Car; The Lady's Husband Responds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by Meteng: 3:36pm On Jul 28, 2020
You go surprise when she finish dat school, leave you go marry another person

1 Like

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by webizone(m): 3:36pm On Jul 28, 2020
Oh boy, guys dey try o. Which means that I am a very lucky guy since I can't get a girl no matter how hard I try. Guys, what do I do with my singleness then?
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by Eileene(f): 3:38pm On Jul 28, 2020
WarriFirstSon:

Some of you girls are wicked. You want to finish this young man completely. A financially unstable man should who takes care of his family and young ones should go and buy a smart phone for a girl who will japa with another guy after graduation. God will judge some of you. Harshly cool. The op is a weak man. Take your stance
Where did u see smart fone in my writeup zoom and check very well u hear infact go and borrow glasses,don't forget to borrow a brain also while getting out of my mention.
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by Ategberoson(m): 3:38pm On Jul 28, 2020
geosegun:

You did nothing wrong in supporting her education. She was not lazy and she assist you in your Laundry Shop. She has the option to prostitute but she decided to be decent and stay with you. If she has built her life and future with you, then You will have a very loyal wife. If you help her through her education and she betrays you? Trust me, you have nothing to lose for you have done your best and God has a way of compensating people with good hearts.

Example 1: I am advising you form my personal experience. I assisted my woman (now my wife) and supported her throughout her school. I was even pay her monthly allowance during her last 2 years in her program. To God be the Glory, We are now married and I can say I have the best of loyal and supportive partner. As a result, I am still encouraging and supporting her dreams further...

Example 2: I have another friend that did same, he sponsored her girl friend (now his wife with 2 kids) through school from WAEC. He almost left the girl cos of financial burden, and of course another lady with no financial issue was in the offing. I advised him to continue to support the first lady with financial needs. That, in as much as God continue to provide for him, then there is no reason why he shouldn't support the lady. He listened to the advise and supported her, they are now married now and he never regretted it. My friend was telling of recent that when they say - home of peace, his home is an example.

So, you have to be very careful with the kind of advise you receive here. Most have never and will never experience anything like it, because they cannot give what they did not have. Be-careful so they don't mislead you. The only thing to be weary of is, please and please, never support her or anyone, even your siblings, at the detriment of your education, personal development or career. Never!!!

As God continue to provide for you and you are able to manage yourselves through this challenging time and she is truly a good person and loyal as you said. You will never regret this... Trust m.e I have been there and I never regretted it. If she truly need help. Be there for her and God will be there for you. Some women/Men have good stars, as you continue to provide, you will just see that things will continue to go on smoothly for you.

Feel free to inbox me if you' ll like us to talk more.

you're just lucky and your wife have good friends, the same can't be said about naive girl surrounded by wayward Girls
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by geosegun(m): 3:40pm On Jul 28, 2020
Meteng:
You go surprise when she finish dat school, leave you go marry another person

It doesn't really matter, God has a way of compensating someone with a good motive. There is a reason why God is providing for the young man. It may actually be because of the lady'prayer. God cannot use him and abandon him. HE will compensate him massively. No matter what, What if she becomes a very loyal, peaceful and dedicated wife? It is good to always be optimistic in all situation

5 Likes

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by addexx: 3:40pm On Jul 28, 2020
I think you made a mistake from the get go. Don't give the impression of total financial independence to a lady you aren't married to yet. Especially if she's majorly on the receiving end. It's an undue influence that will affect your relationship adversely as time goes on. She and her family are getting used to your spending on her so they will by nature get relaxed and not be creative enough to fix their own financial needs. In the end you suffer for it. Dialogue with her and let her know the real situation of things, if you can, help her with the phone because that's a necessity . Let her get a job. Support in a little way you can but no do pass yourself. Then focus on YOURSELF till you are more stable. Do not leave her if you are sure she's loyal.
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by Danbest: 3:42pm On Jul 28, 2020
Bro, it's not an easy feat having to put up someone else's needs while still trying to survive. I had a similar experience of which I later regretted the decisions I made. The thing is, she depends on u and somehow, that's how true love and a good marriage eventually elopes. She may be a dependent now, but if u can put up with her for the remaining 24months+, till she graduates she'll forever be grateful and you may end up with a life partner that will subsequently help you out with a large chunk of the bills. Hustle, try to survive n grow in anyway possible while still helping her. I believe it will pay off in a big way in the nearest future. Good luck bro.

6 Likes

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by JERRY1925(m): 3:42pm On Jul 28, 2020
JERRY1925:

I think it's the way u started. U acted like the provider.
I'll ask did u disflower her?
If thats the case, I guess that's why she depends on you so much.. She has no experience.

Now, if u really like her and she's hard working.. Don't waste time, engage her.. Do the needful then start your life with her. in that case, u guy will build together.
In that case, she will understand when to ask and when not to.
Don't worry about her depending on u.. If she's nice.
Just don't stop encouraging her.
And as someone said earlier, tell her ur problems too and request money from her
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by geosegun(m): 3:42pm On Jul 28, 2020
Ategberoson:

you're just lucky and your wife have good friends, the same can't be said about naive girl surrounded by wayward Girls

You are right! hence the reason I used the word loyal. If she is loyal and good, she will even dissociate her-selves from friends that may influence her negatively.
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by Eileene(f): 3:44pm On Jul 28, 2020
WarriFirstSon:

What kind of silly advice are you dishing out to this young man who is at his lowest of lows in his life? Should he keep on spending on a leech who will most likely ditch him after graduation? Are they married that you are asking him to take care of another man's daughter? That's foolishness. Will you advise your brother passing through this scenario as you have advised this young man? Shut up woman! If he must take care of this leech, then he must see the parents and make his position known.
This one has comprehension problem seriously.Read what you wrote up there and then go through the writeup you quoted.This time do it slowly.
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by SEGLIZ: 3:45pm On Jul 28, 2020
LordNicvuitton:

Encouraging words, thanks a lot.

You welcome.
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by geosegun(m): 3:45pm On Jul 28, 2020
Danbest:
Bro, it's not an easy feat having to put up someone else's needs while still trying to survive. I had a similar experience of which I later regretted the decisions I made. The thing is, she depends on u and somehow, that's how true love and a good marriage eventually elopes. She may be a dependent now, but if u can put up with her for the remaining 24months+, till she graduates she'll forever be grateful and you may end up with a life partner that will subsequently help you out with a large chunk of the bills. Hustle, try to survive n grow in anyway possible while still helping her. I believe it will pay off in a big way in the nearest future. Good luck bro.

I like your conclusion and the experience you had. Many will not be confident to do same and share their regrets.
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by Lerumo: 3:46pm On Jul 28, 2020
You say she’s the lady in your life yet you say you’re not helping her for personal gain. That’s either contradictory or ambiguous.

There’s no guarantee that she will be your wife so you need to have that at the back of your mind while you’re helping her.

I will advise that if you have no intention of asking her to marry you, then you’ll need to rearrange your priorities. Help her as you can afford not as a necessity. Channel your energy and resources more to achieving your own set goals and objectives.

But if you want to marry her, which I believe you’re not quite ready for, you will have to begin the process immediately before you create a finished product that someone else will collect.

1 Like

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 28, 2020
Poor man. cheesy cheesy cheesy

You will wallow in abject poverty all the days of your miserable life...

Supermugu:
WOMEN ARE NATURALLY EXPENSIVE.........

BRO ! JUST GO CHOOSE THE ONE YOU CAN AFFORD !!! grin grin grin
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 28, 2020
LordNicvuitton:

Thanks bro.. beauty never was the attraction, I'm a sapiosexual. That said, she has a good heart, the only difficult thing is that both her parents are alive and she's this dependent on me. I once raised that issue about her parents not doing enough in her life and she cried bitterly. It made me feel bad, like I was reminding her of where she's coming from.

sapiosexual

Sexually attracted to intellectual or mental qualities, rather than to the physical body.
Translations (Sexually attracted to intelligence or the human mind.)
French: sapiosexuel
Spanish: sapiosexual
Noun
sapiosexual (plural sapiosexuals)

A person who is sexually attracted to a person's intellect or mind before appearance.
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 28, 2020
I have sent you an email request. I will like to sponsor her financially.

From your post, she is academically sound but limited by Finance.

U can provide ur phone number here. I will call u.

note: i have made this comment multiple times to ensure u see it.

email me: osekalo2017@gmail.com
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jul 28, 2020
LordNicvuitton:

Yea bro, God can speak through strangers, that's why I shared this burden here. It actually made me restless last night cos i feel like i may give up, if things continue like this. I have a long way to go In life and age isn't really on my side. Thanks.

email me: osekalo2017@gmail.com
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by DNA4ALL(m): 3:51pm On Jul 28, 2020
Sit her down and talk strict sense into her. Let her know your financial limitations. Open up about your financial strength.
Instead of getting her a new phone of 50k or so,
I suggest you split it, get a used phone of 25k.
you let her start up a small scale business with the remaining 25k even if it's on WhatsApp status like perfume oil, I learnt it cost 3600 per dozen retail price , her gain is total,7200 after selling making a gain of 3600. She can get few dozens for a start.
She can also sell ladies undies.
It involves low start up capital.
I'm against salary payment for now, that's emotional of you, You don't have the financial chest.
Ladies are upbeat when it comes to business and making profit. Then you will know how serious she can be too.

With that, she won't be idle and she will have a sense of responsibility to herself.

You can always support with whatever you have then but relying on you �% will weigh you down on the long run. That's not being smart at all.

I'm m totally against you leaving her or jilting her,
life is not fair to all.
Don't b discouraged bro,better days ahead.
For the fact that she's not resorting into selling her body, strive for her success the more.
God is watching all your struggles to make her survive, even if she won't be grateful to you later in life, God has a way of doubling your portion of goodness to others. Don't give up.
You justt have to restrategise & change your tactics in handling the situation.
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jul 28, 2020

email : osekalo2017@gmail.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by bolousadex: 3:51pm On Jul 28, 2020
Bro! she's part of your life now. As you make effort to establish, also try as much as you can to meet her needs as it's obvious from your story that she doesn't have. God'll reward you. Forget the fact that there's a relationship and just do this without needing anything in return..I am sure God will reward you now that you start having her in your plans...

3 Likes

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by Victor20206: 3:56pm On Jul 28, 2020
i have been in your shoe befor but at long last she left me and get married to someone better than myself..see bro you are doing wrong investment that will land you in regrets, and don't tell me she will not live you if she gets someone better than you, women are not trustworthy, i will advice you to give your business more attention and plan your future, as I speak i'm living in regrets, i was lift behind, friends we stated business together are doing better than me even academically, simply because I fell 2 understand that helping a lady who is not married to you, is just as good as putting water in a basket....the least you can do for her is to help her look for job else were, and never, i repeat never take her as part of your responsibility be wish bro?

1 Like

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by rollandben(m): 3:56pm On Jul 28, 2020
My brother, i so much feel for you, the solution may be hurt but its very simple, convince her to get a job other than your office,then render the little support you could if possible, if this isnt done ASAP, it may wreck your business, bro think fast before too late. As the business of a business is business.
May God helps all of us
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by Maobichek: 3:56pm On Jul 28, 2020
LordNicvuitton:

I appreciate your kind input. She actually does the laundry in my absence (I work in a hospital within that area) so that when I'm back, I steam and package the clothes, just that i foot her daily meal and daily transport and then pay her monthly. She asked me for it, instead of her staying at home and she also knows that she won't get those extra privileges elsewhere, that she gets from me.
. I must tell you the truth, I don't know how strong your relationship with her is and the plans you have towards her, if it's just normal boyfriend/girlfriend relationship--- please stop ok but if you believe that you guys progress to the next level (marriage), you are doing well since you said that she is ok and simple. My advice is that you should not relocate because of her, try and see the future with what you are doing now and build on it, you may be unhappy if you close your shop and come back to the East, thank you.
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by RTSC: 3:57pm On Jul 28, 2020
She is a medical student.

It's a good investment on your part if she stays with you after graduating.

But we can't be certain of that.

1 Like

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by RTSC: 4:00pm On Jul 28, 2020
Get married to her.
A simple court wedding will do.

You don't have to start reproducing for now, but at least you are sure of what you are investing on.
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by AfroKnight: 4:03pm On Jul 28, 2020
You think you are distressed now? grin Just be patient.

When she graduates and starts working, she will dump you. Then you will understand.

They have manipulated this young man into thinking he has failed in life if he doesn’t provide for his girlfriend.

Guys stop dating broke girls. You people no dey hear word.

1 Like

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by Onozboy(m): 4:05pm On Jul 28, 2020
ZINIBANKS:
I know am not ready yet for heavy spending and girl's bills to pay
So I don't date grin
Best way to go
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by Iykolysis: 4:05pm On Jul 28, 2020
I got turned off where you quoted your Father in the Lord (TBJ) said bla, bla bla. It amazes me how youths have seemingly separated christianity and holiness. You are busy fornicating heavily with a girl you aren't married to, and you are complaining. You think she spreads those legs for FREE. Maybe T. B Joshua encourages you to be involved in illicit sex. You'd better flee fornication and have courage to her to leave. Failure to take these steps, then I see your petty laundry business collapse soonest. The choice is yours, enjoy toto and spend beyond your income, or be resolute and ask her to leave.
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by Adequate459: 4:06pm On Jul 28, 2020
You are too emotional bro
Dont be surprised if this girl leave you for another man

Be wise

1 Like

Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by Bbbwings: 4:09pm On Jul 28, 2020
Temitopemo6e6:
undecided what is hard there tell her you are not financially
independent
Physical Affection don turn your head
and Nwatakịrị nwanyị ahụ ka no school my brother jiri isi gị
I'm not igbo but I know the last statement means he is seriously mad and he ha no one to tell him
Re: The Lady In My Life, My Burden. by do4luv14(m): 4:10pm On Jul 28, 2020
Thank you man, the Girl had been supportive to him,

from his write up, its even the girl that suggest working for himm, instead of staying home,

you know those that will just be spending guys cash, doing nothing at home,

am very sure, if her Phone had not been stolen, he will stil thoght her a burden

kizwid:

kudos for this reply Op. there many good ladies indeed, but your lady seem to be better (the way you describe her). hold on to her please. in fact i feel like to support you in buying another phone for her, but the current situation here too is beyond what mouth can describe. you can give her your phone if getting her new one will cost much since she need it most, and you should get a small/ second hand browsing phone..
any kind,serious and loyal girl deserve support brother.. God will see both of you through.. and me too

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

I'm Suspecting My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive / Nigerian Lady Boyfriend Dumped To Marry Another Woman Breaks Nigeria Twitter / 70 Years Old Man No Gree For Any Woman This Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.