Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,529 members, 7,816,291 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) (9776 Views)

Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (End Of Discussion) / Unanswered Questions On Yoruba's Hebrew Heritage / Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by absoluteSuccess: 5:45am On Jul 28, 2021

While you are saying Yoruba Apá is cognate with Latin Ad Partem
People who know better say Yoruba Apá (and Iká: finger) is cognate with igbo Aka

Here's a link to some linguists and anthropologists compiling a limited list of cognate words between Yoruba and Igbo (the two biggest Volta-Niger languages)

https://www.quora.com/What-are-some-similar-words-in-the-Igbo-and-Yoruba-Languages

# 3 Trusting Experts
Why can we trust the experts who say Yoruba language is related to languages spoken around Yorùbáland instead of trusting you random 4 young men who do not even belong to any academic community who say Yoruba language is not related to languages around but rather to languages over 7,000 Kilometers away in a different continent spoken by people who don't look anything like yorubas

1. There is no record of mass migration into Yorùbáland, Igboland, Idomaland, Igalaland, Edoland, Nupeland. We can assume based on this alone that these neighbours have lived close to each other for thousands of years and probably share common origin, so their languages must be related
2. These languages share identical properties. Tonal languages, No verb morphology, no definite article
In case you don't know what definite article means (which you 4 most likely don't) :
Definite article is the word "the" used before a noun eg. The Car.
3. Words like Ewure (Yoruba) - Ewe (Edo) Ewu (Igbo) : Goat
Akuko (Yoruba) - Okhokho (Edo) - Okuko (Igbo) : Fowl
Erin (Yoruba) - Eni (Edo) - Enyi (Igbo) : Elephant
Nti (Igbo) - Eti (Yoruba) : Ear
Ọnu (Igbo) - Ẹnu (Yoruba) : Mouth
Miri (Igbo) - Omi (Yoruba) :Water

You get the point?
Refer to my earlier link on similar words in igbo and Yoruba, you can also use any igbo dictionary to check the authenticity of the igbo words since you don't speak igbo

This is how you know people who went to school and take knowledge seriously

Interesting thing is that you may say that "Ọkhọkhọ" in Edo is cognate with "Cockk" in English grin grin
But you will disagree that Ewu, Ewure and Ewe are cognates

I have given priceless education on this thread, hit you back to back with facts and information. That is yet to be debunked. I am waiting for any of you to show any of my statements false like I do with yours on a regular
At this point anyone who wants to learn more should simply ask questions.
I will be responding only to relevant posts on this topic from now on because it has been over flogged if anyone still thinks Yoruba language is not related to neighbouring languages then believe what you like. It is yourself you are embarrassing.

I will be reducing this to shreds.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by absoluteSuccess: 6:36am On Jul 28, 2021
People who know better say Yoruba Apá (and Iká: finger) is cognate with igbo Aka

Here's a link to some linguists and anthropologists compiling a limited list of cognate words between Yoruba and Igbo (the two biggest Volta-Niger languages)

https://www.quora.com/What-are-some-similar-words-in-the-Igbo-and-Yoruba-Languages.

You are never want of links.

These your "people who know better" seems to be ignorant of the inconsistency in their theory when cross-exermined under the prism of scientific analysis.

Lumping entries that requires unique technical analysis into one mesh of blurry confusion becomes inevitable where you don't know the subject or know it by half.

If you are to prepare the theusaurus of the Yoruba language, would you omit the word "ika" for "apa", vice versa, or claim one to be substitute for the other?

You never entertained that question in your inference. It's ignorance that often seek out a hypnotic way of escape with abracadabra, decree or dogma.

Could the prototype (A)ka have spurned ika and apa? Can 1+1=1/0? In case my mathematical analysis beats you, here's the simplified edition:

How could two different words in language "A" have a target cognate in language "B" and the meaning is unattainable in the prototype (e.g. semantics inherent in the protolanguage) or targeted second language (B)?

If Yoruba apa and ika are cognates with Igbo aka, it carelessly means that both words (apa and ika) are substitutes in Yoruba. But they are not. Owo and apa are substitutes, not ika and apa.

Also, how do you employ your theory of "consonant shift" to explain this? Possibly k shifted to p and still maintain it's original place, whereby the shift created aka and ika, and aka and apa?

If not, then it's one of the two entries that ought to be the right cognate to igbos aka, and the other a different entry on its own entirely. Ika resonates with aka, not with apa. Take note of this.

To be ignorant of this is to be very superficial in scientific analysis of a curricular researching. It simply means that the subject is poorly understood by the researchers.

Demonstration of intent with example

Apa and aka implies the hand in Yoruba and Igbo. But apa doesn't imply fingers in Yoruba, if that's what it is in Igbo. Fingers is ika, apa is hand, its not "fingers" in extension.

Owo is cognate with Egun Awa. Owo is palm, which is "alo" to the Egun. Just as alo is not cognate with owo, apa is not a cognate to aka. no problem if you claim aka is ika: you then need to proof your claim scientifically.

Intellectual cognates

Some cognates don't appear apparent, but they are intellectually. "Alo" in Egun is substitute for "owo". Alo is twisting in Yoruba, owo is crooked, bent. Earlier, I don't know what owo means other than hand.

But mathematically, 1+1=2. The same syllable from 2 different languages agree to a meaning, so it's interplay of sounds and symbols and meaning that establish cognates intellectually.

"Owo eni see lo" whatever is bent is kink. With this, the semantic root of owo is exposed in alo. The semantic root of ika ought to come to fore when you find it's cognate in another language.

That's how you know people who know their job. Or else the value of the cognate is zero and self serving. It leads nowhere. Ika, oka, aka: counter, numbered, calculated. That's it.

Owo is so called for the nature of hand or palm. Arin is the waist in Egun, but carefully, aarin is the word meaning middle in Yoruba: the waist is midpart of the body posterior.

Akon is the chest to the Egun, okan is the heart to the Yoruba, with all they have shared, both related languages are minding the chest. Now adomen is abdomen in Egun.

But abdomen is ikun in Yoruba. Now between Yoruba and Egun for the abdomen, which is closer to pass as cognates? Abdomen and Adomen.

What law have you enacted in order not to have them as cognates? Such law is preposterous, it should have been in place before the creation of cognates in human languages.

The farther you go, the fainter and rooted cognates gets, the closer you come, the clearer and recent it becomes. Then closer and closer people starts to speak common language or dialects of it.

Apa and apart

Apart and apa retain common syllable, the sound and the symbolism associated with the sound. Now syllable is the shortest meaningful sound in a word, not necessarily how it's written.

As such, you can see the interplay of syllables in many languages that have affinities to each other: irira, irritate, ebe, beg, alo, lore (folklore), Ike, care, etc. These are set. Words that agrees in meaning in different languages.

With knowledge, the more you look the more you see. But dogma is the necessary tool in the hands of deceivers to hold their captives spell bound to popular ignorance sold as knowledge.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by rhektor(m): 9:11am On Jul 28, 2021
absoluteSuccess:

You are never want of links.

These your "people who know better" seems to be ignorant of the inconsistency in their theory when cross-exermined under the prism of scientific analysis.

Lumping entries that requires unique technical analysis into one mesh of blurry confusion becomes inevitable where you don't know the subject or know it by half.

If you are to prepare the theusaurus of the Yoruba language, would you omit the word "ika" for "apa", vice versa, or claim one to be substitute for the other?

You never entertained that question in your inference. It's ignorance that often seek out a hypnotic way of escape with abracadabra, decree or dogma.

Could the prototype (A)ka have spurned ika and apa? Can 1+1=1/0? In case my mathematical analysis beats you, here's the simplified edition:

How could two different words in language "A" have a target cognate in language "B" and the meaning is unattainable in the prototype (e.g. semantics inherent in the protolanguage) or targeted second language (B)?

If Yoruba apa and ika are cognates with Igbo aka, it carelessly means that both words (apa and ika) are substitutes in Yoruba. But they are not. Owo and apa are substitutes, not ika and apa.

Also, how do you employ your theory of "consonant shift" to explain this? Possibly k shifted to p and still maintain it's original place, whereby the shift created aka and ika, and aka and apa?

If not, then it's one of the two entries that ought to be the right cognate to igbos aka, and the other a different entry on its own entirely. Ika resonates with aka, not with apa. Take note of this.

To be ignorant of this is to be very superficial in scientific analysis of a curricular researching. It simply means that the subject is poorly understood by the researchers.

Demonstration of intent with example

Apa and aka implies the hand in Yoruba and Igbo. But apa doesn't imply fingers in Yoruba, if that's what it is in Igbo. Fingers is ika, apa is hand, its not "fingers" in extension.

Owo is cognate with Egun Awa. Owo is palm, which is "alo" to the Egun. Just as alo is not cognate with owo, apa is not a cognate to aka. no problem if you claim aka is ika: you then need to proof your claim scientifically.

Intellectual cognates

Some cognates don't appear apparent, but they are intellectually. "Alo" in Egun is substitute for "owo". Alo is twisting in Yoruba, owo is crooked, bent. Earlier, I don't know what owo means other than hand.

But mathematically, 1+1=2. The same syllable from 2 different languages agree to a meaning, so it's interplay of sounds and symbols and meaning that establish cognates intellectually.

"Owo eni see lo" whatever is bent is kink. With this, the semantic root of owo is exposed in alo. The semantic root of ika ought to come to fore when you find it's cognate in another language.

That's how you know people who know their job. Or else the value of the cognate is zero and self serving. It leads nowhere. Ika, oka, aka: counter, numbered, calculated. That's it.

Owo is so called for the nature of hand or palm. Arin is the waist in Egun, but carefully, aarin is the word meaning middle in Yoruba: the waist is midpart of the body posterior.

Akon is the chest to the Egun, okan is the heart to the Yoruba, with all they have shared, both related languages are minding the chest. Now adomen is abdomen in Egun.

But abdomen is ikun in Yoruba. Now between Yoruba and Egun for the abdomen, which is closer to pass as cognates? Abdomen and Adomen.

What law have you enacted in order not to have them as cognates? Such law is preposterous, it should have been in place before the creation of cognates in human languages.

The farther you go, the fainter and rooted cognates gets, the closer you come, the clearer and recent it becomes. Then closer and closer people starts to speak common language or dialects of it.

Apa and apart

Apart and apa retain common syllable, the sound and the symbolism associated with the sound. Now syllable is the shortest meaningful sound in a word, not necessarily how it's written.

As such, you can see the interplay of syllables in many languages that have affinities to each other: irira, irritate, ebe, beg, alo, lore (folklore), Ike, care, etc. These are set. Words that agrees in meaning in different languages.

With knowledge, the more you look the more you see. But dogma is the necessary tool in the hands of deceivers to hold their captives spell bound to popular ignorance sold as knowledge.

God bless abundantly @absolutesuccess for this simple and beautiful explanation. How I wish the dullard would have some shame and accept he's wrong then move on with his life
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by rhektor(m): 9:18am On Jul 28, 2021
absoluteSuccess:

Olu317 come o
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by rhektor(m): 9:19am On Jul 28, 2021
absoluteSuccess:

https://www.quora.com/What-are-some-similar-words-in-the-Igbo-and-Yoruba-Languages

# 3 Trusting Experts
Why can we trust the experts who say Yoruba language is related to languages spoken around Yorùbáland instead of trusting you random 4 young men who do not even belong to any academic community who say Yoruba language is not related to languages around but rather to languages over 7,000 Kilometers away in a different continent spoken by people who don't look anything like yorubas

1. There is no record of mass migration into Yorùbáland, Igboland, Idomaland, Igalaland, Edoland, Nupeland. We can assume based on this alone that these neighbours have lived close to each other for thousands of years and probably share common origin, so their languages must be related
2. These languages share identical properties. Tonal languages, No verb morphology, no definite article
In case you don't know what definite article means (which you 4 most likely don't) :

You get the point?
Refer to my earlier link on similar words in igbo and Yoruba, you can also use any igbo dictionary to check the authenticity of the igbo words since you don't speak igbo

Interesting thing is that you may say that "Ọkhọkhọ" in Edo is cognate with "Cockk" in English grin grin

I have given priceless education on this thread, hit you back to back with facts and information. That is yet to be debunked. I am waiting for any of you to show any of my statements false like I do with yours on a regular
I will be responding only to relevant posts on this topic from now on because it has been over flogged if anyone still thinks Yoruba language is not related to neighbouring languages then believe what you like. It is yourself you are embarrassing.

Olu317 come o
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by absoluteSuccess: 2:24pm On Jul 28, 2021
rhektor:

God bless abundantly @absolutesuccess for this simple and beautiful explanation. How I wish the dullard would have some shame and accept he's wrong then move on with his life

Thanks very much sir, I'm humbled.

I believe his resolute desire to defeat our claims means a lot to him. You can't help but make the best of the competition.

God bless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by Olu317(m): 8:36pm On Jul 28, 2021
rhektor:

Lol
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by Olu317(m): 8:39pm On Jul 28, 2021
rhektor:

Olu317 come o
In what regard nooow ? Instead call Macof, because he is the one whom you seek! grin angry cool
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by absoluteSuccess: 10:13pm On Jul 28, 2021
Olu317:
In what regard nooow ? Instead call Macof, because he is the one whom you seek! grin angry cool

LOL.

It's our collective responsibility to respect words and humbly learn from them.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by macof(m): 10:20pm On Jul 28, 2021
absoluteSuccess:

Thanks very much sir, I'm humbled.

I believe his resolute desire to defeat our claims means a lot to him. You can't help but make the best of the competition.

God bless.
Lol. Very funny
This one is looking for compliment, even the one that is mistaken you will collect and use it to show your desperation

You have seen how I have ignored you for almost a year, but I see every month you go back to this one post from a year ago from another thread.
This post must really torment you that you go back to it over and over and over again even copying parts of it and posting as if it is your post
You have tried slander, by saying im after your life.. Lmao, that you are somehow relevant and need to be assassinated?? Is it not important people who are assassinated.
Stop being obsessed with me and especially this particular post
macof:
grin grin Very hilarious comments, ultimately exposing more stubborn and committed ignorance. All 4 came hot because of my post on patterns of sound change.. That post really scared the hell out of all of you. It was fun to read the angry reactions and honestly it's just because I've given up on you people already otherwise it ought to be a sad thing. No messiah can save you from your hebetudinous intellect and willful ignorance.

I will explain for the last time to you on this matter of language.

#1 Yoruba placement
First of all, none of you are linguists and your command of the Yoruba language has been shown on this thread to be unimpressive so how can you claim to know that expert linguists are wrong on a matter you don't know enough about?

Scholars (Africans and non Africans alike) who have studied the Yoruba language and other languages in the Volta-Niger (East Kwa) language group, have reported the result of their study and research. And nobody has condemned the existence of a Niger - congo language group nor Yoruba Language 's relatedness to other languages in its immediate language family. So your blabbings are restricted to your clique of Hebrew and Arab wannabes who do not rely on facts.
Funny how you 4 can claim because a European was the first to come up with the label "Kwa languages" the idea must be false . But it was also Europeans who came up with the idea of "semitic languages". So this point of referring to who came up with the idea is hypocritical. Trying to remove Yoruba from Kwa on grounds that the language group was labelled by linguists of European descent, only to try to put Yoruba in Semitic - a language group created by linguists of European descent grin grin
You all lack consistent arguments

Secondly, the fact that these language groups were first penned by someone of European descent does not mean the language groups are false. A thing is not false because of who said it.. A thing is false simply because it is not true nor based on anything that can stand scrutiny.

The linguists of European descent who were vital to the rise of linguistics in Africa were not racist or schizophrenic. That's an unnecessary label, one that is frankly untrue.
You don't think the semitic people who you want to be are racist despite all the things they wrote in their holy books? You think they like you? Anyway that's a topic for another day, another thread.

The placement of Yoruba, Ewe, Nupe, Igbo , Edo, Idoma, Igala, Fon fon, Ga etc as related languages have not been rejected by any renowned scholar, rather our knowledge of the science of these languages has improved because of the initial work that grouped these languages together. My own ongoing research for my thesis on ancient Yoruba history has been aided by the work of historical linguists so historians can testify.
[ And to respond to MetaPhysical who said I'm selling a book... No, I am not, I am writing a thesis not a book. Anybody can write a book to feed themselves if they are jobless these days, hoping people will buy it. But it's the reviews by scholars in the field that determine how relevant a book is. Simply writing a book doesn't make your effort relevant. It's the value of the content that makes it relevant ]

If you want some popular Yoruba linguists, here are some : Odutayo Akinkugbe, Bolaji Aremo, Abiodun Adetugbo
People actually study these things. So it's not for any of you 4 to tell linguists that they are all wrong when your argument makes no sense.

#2. Comparative Historical Linguistics
Even from my own research and reflection as a historian who has keen interest in linguistics
All Kwa languages possess identical properties... To name a few: a high and low tone and occasional mid tone; absence of gender and plural forms of words; no verb conjugations, nor change in verb morphology during change in grammatical aspects eg. O lọ : he goes / he went (lọ will always remain lọ in every aspect without undergoing a morphological change)

Plus I have demonstrated that there are patterns of change in the consonant sounds of words in Kwa languages

An etymon is a word or morpheme from which a later word is derived.
Cognages are words that share common etymological origin..

That is cognates are siblings and have an etymon as their parent.
You jump on my post to argue with my sound pattern without actually debunking it because you don't understand what cognates and etymon mean. You just have to jump on it because you can't agree to it and still claim Yoruba is semitic
Even you guys aren't dumb enough to contradict yourselves like that

But I'm waiting for you to actually show how those patterns are false

Cognates are not words that look alike when written down and share similar meaning. (Iron and Ìrìn are not cognates, neither are Apá and Apart)
That is not the meaning of cognate.

You have to study
1. The pronunciation of the words or change in pronunciation over time.
Words are phonological (concerning pronunciation) first before being about letters and alphabets

Iron and Ìrìn do not sound alike nor do they trace back in pronunciation to the same word

2. The break down of the words
Break the words down if possible into syllables and let's see if they still hold the illusion of being connected

3. Etymology. That is the original meaning of a word, or how that word came to be

The English word "Iron" does not come from Hebrew.
Here's the Hebrew word for Iron www.nairaland.com/attachments/11929452_20200713_pngd5ce797e9627f7006f42524bd2058735
And here again is the etymology of the English "Iron" from another internationally recognised source: online etymology dictionary
www.nairaland.com/attachments/11929451_202007133_pngfcd58e86ded9b890cc7b3e8f47d9a42e

And why are you trying to argue that Apá is cognate with Apart Apart comes from Latin "Ad Partem" .. Or now Latin too is a semitic language grin
Or Latin borrowed the word "Ad Partem" from Hebrew? grin grin

You guys are the bumbest 4 on this forum if you can't see the stupidity in this particular argument. It's hilarious because you guys really think you are making sense

Here are two links on the basics of historical linguistics. Explaining the comparative method and how two languages can be said to be related

[-https://linguistics.ucsc.edu/about/what-is-linguistics.html
-https://www.britannica.com/science/comparative-linguistics]

# 3 Trusting Experts

You get the point?

Interesting thing is that you may say that "Ọkhọkhọ" in Edo is cognate with "Cock" in English grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by absoluteSuccess: 10:42pm On Jul 28, 2021
macof:

Lol. Very funny
This one is looking for compliment, even the one that is mistaken you will collect and use it to show your desperation

The psychoanalysis of a psychopath. The accolade means something to him. You've just made a repost of the same thread, does that mean you equally love and are obsessed with yourself too? grin

You have seen how I have ignored you for almost a year, but I see every month you go back to this one post from a year ago from another thread.
This post must really torment you that you go back to it over and over and over again even copying parts of it and posting as if it is your post

The accolade unruffled you. You can see how "blind test" works already. The past never changes, you change opinions about the past through propaganda, not the past itself.

You have tried slander, by saying im after your life.. Lmao, that you are somehow relevant and need to be assassinated?? Is it not important people who are assassinated.
Stop being obsessed with me and especially this particular post

So you are into the assassination of important people? You validate my relevance or otherwise through who's worthy of life and who's not or what measure in particular are you measuring my life's worth against?

Your life reeks of evil.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by absoluteSuccess: 11:02pm On Jul 28, 2021

macof:

I don't have problems with anyone on a thread I make or having a different opinion.
Just come with facts, sources and/or evidence. Because if you don't you would just embarass yourself

My question to you is.. Why are you now begging me to stop posting?
I am giving you valuable facts and making very important corrections to where you blunder which you should be grateful for if you cared for Yoruba history it shouldn't hurt you or anger you if you want to boost your knowledge of yoruba history.. Certainly not for you to be so emotional and start issuing death wishes
It's not about you is it? Could it be that you don't give a damn about the history, you just want to be allowed to say whatever without question and get paid by your sponsors?
Because that is exactly what I suspect

People would appreciate when you come with facts and sources or at least let your own theories be based on a methodology that can be replicated severally and give identical results rather than just imagination
This is wrong and it is all I want you to understand, I am not here to fight you. two people who have the same intention but different opinions can always reach a consensus
So I want you to search yourself and be honest with yourself.. take emotions, sponsorship and all that out for a moment.. What exactly is your intention? Why must the Yoruba have Hebrew heritage even though it seems there is no currently available evidence for it. What is the purpose of that? Even if you are being paid can't you say no?

I have no personal problem with you. Never wink
I discuss history all the time in my real life and doing same here is even more relaxing and fun cheesy with all kinds of characters that I don't meet everyday

Concerning the death threats you are lucky I don't think you have the guts or means to harm me
Good you don't know who I am and even if you did you cannot get me where I am even though you and olu317 have said you have tried to locate me.. Olu even thought he actually did and said I am one Mr. Makinde. because who knows what your unhealthy obsession could lead you to do. Just don't be stupid and end up in jail over a silly need to be what you are not. I can locate you easily thanks to all the information you give away about yourself in a bid to market yourself. I don't know the type of endorphins you get from thinking you are Hebrew that would lead you to react that way but I wasn't surprised.

My life is not yours to take, my relevance is not yours to determine and my importance is not a case study on this thread. Have your evil heart and keep it's content to yourself.

You've tried to exploit my vulnerabilities to capture me but you failed woefully and the information you have was useless, you ended up puking it here to scare me, because you feared that I have exact same plan for you.

This scared you and it got you exposing yourself with overconfidence calculated to counter my possible plans ahead of yours. Care to explain to everyone how you got to know my place through my marketing myself?

I'm not afraid of you and the death you represent. You can get back to work.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by Olu317(m): 10:54am On Jul 29, 2021
absoluteSuccess:

LOL.

It's our collective responsibility to respect words and humbly learn from them.
Sire, I do not intend to stress myself on this issue because, how does one engage people who are vastly anti reality?

Secondly, I do learn and still learning on this platform.So count me in on your postulation Meanwhile are you aware Apá ( anti familiar spirit tree) , has cognate with ibo's a known tree known as Apa/Akpa! Just my input.

Before I forget, send me your contact # detail, though not here but through other means and let me tell my Oga to add you on Yorubas historical elite platform. And definitely you will see input from Professor Ogunfolakan and the rest.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by rhektor(m): 1:26pm On Jul 29, 2021
Olu317:
Sire, I do not intend to stress myself on this issue because, how does one engage people who are vastly anti reality?

Secondly, I do learn and still learning on this platform.So count me in on your postulation Meanwhile are you aware Apá ( anti familiar spirit tree) , has cognate with ibo's a known tree known as Apa/Akpa! Just my input.

Before I forget, send me your contact # detail, though not here but through other means and let me tell my Oga to add you on Yorubas historical elite platform. And definitely you will see input from Professor Ogunfolakan and the rest.

Is ibo akpa not a bag?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by absoluteSuccess: 3:07pm On Jul 29, 2021
Olu317:

Yes, ninu ofii ninu olaa l'omo pandoro ngbo si, inu egun ni mariwo tin s'eso. Ojuoro nii leke omi, osibata nii leke odo. Akiiwaye kama l'ota, gbogbo l'owo nyo jori, ao leke awon abinu eni.

As to Apa, yes I know it's usage are diverse. The variant you are talking about is that of a type of tree such as araba, ose and Iroko, as given in the ayajo that says

"enibadari s'Apa, Apa a paa, enibadari so'se, Ose a see, enibadari so'roko Iroko a ko, oojo leweena nmogi, oojo l'orooto n'mule..."

I think the Igbo have the same word for Apa, a kind of drum for special occasions. Can't really be sure the Egun have Apa, a kind of music, though they have different kinds of music by name.

Please kindly pick up my number on my dp here. Thanks very much for the update. I am committed to learning more to teach more. We can't have same mind, I can't slave for vague opinion of others.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by absoluteSuccess: 8:27am On Jul 30, 2021

3 Trusting Experts
Why can we trust the experts who say Yoruba language is related to languages spoken around Yorùbáland instead of trusting you random 4 young men who do not even belong to any academic community...

These are signals that you have limited understanding of the subject: it's like we are experiencing the "Galileo Galilei Inquisition" all over again, with academic community replacing the church in this case.

Experts are not "the validation of claims", (an historian is not right because he raised a claim) they are not "archeological evidence" nor "carvers" or "Sopher" that penned the annals of the ancients.

Experts are not "time travellers" bringing us tidings from space and time. They were like the priests who should know better about the tradition of their people, not about the latest change of opinion that doesn't change the past.

Your preference could be all that you want in an expert, no problem. Like for instance, posting links here doesn't imply that you belong to any academic community yourself but that you scrape ideas related to your claims from search engines.

But does that change the past? Past is in fixed format, not in digital formats like your claims sourced online and loosely fixed on experts. These are transient conclusion that changes with time.

Experts disagrees and do change, but antiquity will never change. We are drawing from the root, from antiquity, not from an expert handout.

Your version of experts is everyone that agrees with you. What about principles that disagrees with you?

who say Yoruba language is not related to languages around but rather to languages over 7,000 Kilometers away in a different continent spoken by people who don't look anything like yorubas.

You have penchant for twisting the narrative, because you are confused. People are entitled to their sentiments. Historians are meant to focus on a section of the racial pool, such as the tribe or ethnicity with distinctive language and culture.

Linguistics can offer us vital connection between neighbors, linguistics is not a replacement for a people's history, kindly get that right. The historian can use linguistic techniques to arrive at hidden conclusions, that never made history, linguistics.

but rather to languages over 7,000 kilometers away in a different continent spoken by people who don't look anything like Yoruba

You are talking about "current affairs" of the recent past build around the electronic media era. That's where you do your research. Kindly invest in your interest, buy books and read. Internet cannot offer you everything.

Egyptians should look Arab, not blacks because you are stucked to the present, you can't get beyond what you cannot wrap your imagination around. No one can free your mind but you.

But as early as the ancient history goes, black people are well settled among the people of Europe, Asia as well as Egypt and Nubia. We are talking about documented history here, not current affairs.

We have seen the pictures of the antiquity of Europe. There were ancient folks that were blacks, even before Romulus and Romu arrived at Tibet.

You are fighting with what you cannot answer as your weapon. Then if anyone gives the answer, you take the fight away from what you cannot answer to the person who gets the answer.

How did the black people that looks like Yoruba, (this negates your imagination) turn out in Europe before the whites became entrenched? Of course you don't like this.

The art left behind by the pelagasians shows black people were earlier inhabitants of Europe. This folks, known as Etruscan by the Latin are known to have circumnavigated Africa.

Reader's digest, a research and publishing firm in "Bible Atlas" told us the Etruscan traded Africans as slaves. The book left us without a reference. We are left to figure it out. How did the Etruscan enslave Africans?

This claim is drawn from the art of the Etruscan, and not from any other written records, hence no reference. This claim is an example of Eurocentrism. Africa came to Europe as slaves.

But the blacks in Etruscan art are not in shakles. It simply shows that the blacks were in power, like they have the control and dominion.

Now I'm conscious of your weapon: this blacks are not our kind. That's your next port of call should you be answered that there were blacks that looked anything Yoruba in another continent.

But here is the fact: the past doesn't have to happen in your imagination but in reality. You may not be able to absorb the truth to your soul.

Everyone is right to choose their opinion. It doesn't change the past. Reader's digest believe Etruscan sold Africans as slaves until there's a challenge from the right quarters.

How did the black arrived at Europe?

Olu has once claimed Phoenicians had contact with Africa. This maritime age and what it accomplished in human history doesn't occur to your school of thought because the distance is impenegrable in your imagination.

You have it as the imagined green Sahara. The "unbeatable distance" is your "defense mechanism", not necessarily the truth.

The impenegrable distance of 7,000 kilometers was unknown to the sea people reported to have circumnavigated Africa from the Mediterranean sea as early as 1000-700bc.

Copernicus was first to propose that the earth is spherical, then Galileo. The former took the idea from the records left behind by the Phoenicians.

Libya and Nubia featured prominently in Greek tradition of her cradle, what does that portends judging from the time and distance?

It simply means Africa Sub-Sahara is not unreachable to the rest of the civilised world in antiquity as you and your team loves to establish here with impunity.

To speak for records is allowed, but you can't speak as records. However, you can speak as records for your comrades, not for everyone. Your experts can write from wherever they like, facts never change.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by Olu317(m): 11:06am On Jul 30, 2021
absoluteSuccess:

These are signals that you have limited understanding of the subject: it's like we are experiencing the "Galileo Galilei Inquisition" all over again, with academic community replacing the church in this case.

Experts are not "the validation of claims", (an historian is not right because he raised a claim) they are not "archeological evidence" nor "carvers" or "Sopher" that penned the annals of the ancients.

Experts are not "time travellers" bringing us tidings from space and time. They were like the priests who should know better about the tradition of their people, not about the latest change of opinion that doesn't change the past.

Your preference could be all that you want in an expert, no problem. Like for instance, posting links here doesn't imply that you belong to any academic community yourself but that you scrape ideas related to your claims from search engines.

But does that change the past? Past is in fixed format, not in digital formats like your claims sourced online and loosely fixed on experts. These are transient conclusion that changes with time.

Experts disagrees and do change, but antiquity will never change. We are drawing from the root, from antiquity, not from an expert handout.

Your version of experts is everyone that agrees with you. What about principles that disagrees with you?

You have penchant for twisting the narrative, because you are confused. People are entitled to their sentiments. Historians are meant to focus on a section of the racial pool, such as the tribe or ethnicity with distinctive language and culture.

Linguistics can offer us vital connection between neighbors, linguistics is not a replacement for a people's history, kindly get that right. The historian can use linguistic techniques to arrive at hidden conclusions, that never made history, linguistics.

You are talking about "current affairs" of the recent past build around the electronic media era. That's where you do your research. Kindly invest in your interest, buy books and read. Internet cannot offer you everything.

Egyptians should look Arab, not blacks because you are stucked to the present, you can't get beyond what you cannot wrap your imagination around. No one can free your mind but you.

But as early as the ancient history goes, black people are well settled among the people of Europe, Asia as well as Egypt and Nubia. We are talking about documented history here, not current affairs.

We have seen the pictures of the antiquity of Europe. There were ancient folks that were blacks, even before Romulus and Romu arrived at Tibet.

You are fighting with what you cannot answer as your weapon. Then if anyone gives the answer, you take the fight away from what you cannot answer to the person who gets the answer.

How did the black people that looks like Yoruba, (this negates your imagination) turn out in Europe before the whites became entrenched? Of course you don't like this.

The art left behind by the pelagasians shows black people were earlier inhabitants of Europe. This folks, known as Etruscan by the Latin are known to have circumnavigated Africa.

Reader's digest, a research and publishing firm in "Bible Atlas" told us the Etruscan traded Africans as slaves. The book left us without a reference. We are left to figure it out. How did the Etruscan enslave Africans?

This claim is drawn from the art of the Etruscan, and not from any other written records, hence no reference. This claim is an example of Eurocentrism. Africa came to Europe as slaves.

But the blacks in Etruscan art are not in shakles. It simply shows that the blacks were in power, like they have the control and dominion.

Now I'm conscious of your weapon: this blacks are not our kind. That's your next port of call should you be answered that there were blacks that looked anything Yoruba in another continent.

But here is the fact: the past doesn't have to happen in your imagination but in reality. You may not be able to absorb the truth to your soul.

Everyone is right to choose their opinion. It doesn't change the past. Reader's digest believe Etruscan sold Africans as slaves until there's a challenge from the right quarters.

How did the black arrived at Europe?

Olu has once claimed Phoenicians had contact with Africa. This maritime age and what it accomplished in human history doesn't occur to your school of thought because the distance is impenegrable in your imagination.

You have it as the imagined green Sahara. The "unbeatable distance" is your "defense mechanism", not necessarily the truth.

The impenegrable distance of 7,000 kilometers was unknown to the sea people reported to have circumnavigated Africa from the Mediterranean sea as early as 1000-700bc.

Copernicus was first to propose that the earth is spherical, then Galileo. The former took the idea from the records left behind by the Phoenicians.

Libya and Nubia featured prominently in Greek tradition of her cradle, what does that portends judging from the time and distance?

It simply means Africa Sub-Sahara is not unreachable to the rest of the civilised world in antiquity as you and your team loves to establish here with impunity.

To speak for records is allowed, but you can't speak as records. However, you can speak as records for your comrades, not for everyone.
Hercules , ride on bro. You see, I know many of them in this school thought who contradicts themselves because everything seems weird and impossible.

Unfortunately Western researchers kept studying Yoruba ethnic with great wonders and adoration. Whil we have antagonists who believe in rediculing Yorubas history to only West Africa, because of hate towards light skin Caucasian.

Here is the only place, I see insult been pampered by the owner of this platform with genuine penalty for offenders, whose view differs from the other person's post. Even if one disagree over a statement, should one disagree with genetic findings or evidence ? This alone is the height of unscholarly approach.

Traditionally, Ifaodu affirms ancient Yorubas did Ablution and still being done before prayer. Even Bárùkún(Bent knees on ground and head touch the ground)! Did Yoruba copy this also from their Hausa Neighbours as Farooq Kporogi had claimed Islam arrived in Hausa land before Yoruba's ?

These set of Yoruba people are not different from some outsiders' view that argue that most shared words from semitic protolanguage were borrowed �.But thank God, Oral historians held some vital information that support Yoruba ancestors to had lived in many place according to Ifaodu and her language is indigenous.While it being a teacher's language.

Infact,I have seen one of us on the disagreeing part thinking in the direction of umálẹ́ as a word older than ríṣá . While not realising each word in Yoruba land serves a purpose.So, I kept mute all along and shall maintain this pattern because,I have seen certain people who are just lover of what they want to accept as their own righhtful thing, either it is false or not.

According to Ifaodu, ẹgbon lagba,pupa laburó..... Another, says also in Ifaodu, Afin loriṣá. But these people will cry blue murder if we say Yorubas have mixed ancestry�� . Ileife affirmed to have Caucasian descendant. Even at this, Ooni once said in recent past, the Caucasian Yorubas in the world are more than the darkskin Yoruba people in west Africa . And

Soon after that statement or closely related time, Yoruba were outrightly identified as breed of Neanderthal. As at today, geneticists have discovered new fossil axe that's over 1,3000, 000 years ago. While a discovery in Israel though date is not absolutely verified, claims fossil human found is older than 300,000 years(unique Neanderthal fossil human )old in this late July 2021.

So, the reality is that Yoruba history is highly vast and beyond Yoruba land in the antiquity. And had her foot in Africa and Near East. If you actually read more on the coptic language , then you will realise , it was a foreign language brought by the Hebrews.

Infact the Egyptians were literate and were not even having keen interest in Coptic language, because the target were foreigners in the paypyris,which ascribe to it, basically for magical and religious purpose. While the speakers were large in population before arrival of Islam. Invariably the language was the language brought by St. Mark, during First Century C.E as the first Pope of Eypt , who brought both old script and and doctrine of Yeshua.

Cheers
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by Olu317(m): 12:40pm On Jul 30, 2021
rhektor:

Is ibo akpa not a bag?
The Apa in Ibo that I was informed is actually akpati (osisi), as in tree's trunk. While Akpa is bag as you had pointed.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by rhektor(m): 1:51pm On Jul 30, 2021
Olu317:
The Apa in Ibo that I was informed is actually akpati (osisi), as in tree's trunk. While Akpa is bag as you had pointed.

Thank you very much, this exactly is how I heard about it from my Ibo friend
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by Olu317(m): 4:06pm On Jul 30, 2021
rhektor:

Thank you very much, this exactly is how I heard about it from my Ibo friend
Uwc.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by absoluteSuccess: 7:34pm On Jul 30, 2021
Olu317:
Hercules , ride on bro. You see, I know many of them in this school thought who contradicts themselves because everything seems weird and impossible.

Unfortunately Western researchers kept studying Yoruba ethnic with great wonders and adoration. Whil we have antagonists who believe in rediculing Yorubas history to only West Africa, because of hate towards light skin Caucasian.

Here is the only place, I see insult been pampered by the owner of this platform with genuine penalty for offenders, whose view differs from the other person's post. Even if one disagree over a statement, should one disagree with genetic findings or evidence ? This alone is the height of unscholarly approach.

Traditionally, Ifaodu affirms ancient Yorubas did Ablution and still being done before prayer. Even Bárùkún(Bent knees on ground and head touch the ground)! Did Yoruba copy this also from their Hausa Neighbours as Farooq Kporogi had claimed Islam arrived in Hausa land before Yoruba's ?

These set of Yoruba people are not different from some outsiders' view that argue that most shared words from semitic protolanguage were borrowed �.But thank God, Oral historians held some vital information that support Yoruba ancestors to had lived in many place according to Ifaodu and her language is indigenous.While it being a teacher's language.

Infact,I have seen one of us on the disagreeing part thinking in the direction of umálẹ́ as a word older than ríṣá . While not realising each word in Yoruba land serves a purpose.So, I kept mute all along and shall maintain this pattern because,I have seen certain people who are just lover of what they want to accept as their own righhtful thing, either it is false or not.

According to Ifaodu, ẹgbon lagba,pupa laburó..... Another, says also in Ifaodu, Afin loriṣá. But these people will cry blue murder if we say Yorubas have mixed ancestry�� . Ileife affirmed to have Caucasian descendant. Even at this, Ooni once said in recent past, the Caucasian Yorubas in the world are more than the darkskin Yoruba people in west Africa . And

Soon after that statement or closely related time, Yoruba were outrightly identified as breed of Neanderthal. As at today, geneticists have discovered new fossil axe that's over 1,3000, 000 years ago. While a discovery in Israel though date is not absolutely verified, claims fossil human found is older than 300,000 years(unique Neanderthal fossil human )old in this late July 2021.

So, the reality is that Yoruba history is highly vast and beyond Yoruba land in the antiquity. And had her foot in Africa and Near East. If you actually read more on the coptic language , then you will realise , it was a foreign language brought by the Hebrews.

Infact the Egyptians were literate and were not even having keen interest in Coptic language, because the target were foreigners in the paypyris,which ascribe to it, basically for magical and religious purpose. While the speakers were large in population before arrival of Islam. Invariably the language was the language brought by St. Mark, during First Century C.E as the first Pope of Eypt , who brought both old script and and doctrine of Yeshua.

Cheers

WOW, Hercules! If I'm Ijebu, I would have taken that epithet. The Yoruba version of this is Akile. The Canaanite name passed to Greek legend and became fan fiction with the Greeks. Homer did justice to the rest.

It's understandable for the fact that cities of old were built from market place to community, hence the Yoruba refer to this, making ancient Yoruba kings, Oloja. So when it's said oshin or Oloja it's royalty.

Compare Greek "agora", city center, market place. Like you have it in Yoruba, ancient people transfer ideas from one place to the other. It's just as you claim the Ooni to have said, there are more Yoruba Caucasian than the present Yoruba people.

This is true, if Yoruba should migrate and become a national of another country, his posterity cannot continue to answer Yoruba for a thousand years, it would have become grafted into it's new place of abode.

Compare abode to ibudo: is one inferior to the other? Now look at Greek Socrates, does he look like a typical white man? Then look at Alexander the great, does he look like a black man?

Was the race of Socrates ever in question? Well no, because he's Athenian, a Greek. If the Greek has started from agora, wont people from different places around have became Greek by transversing the Peloponnesian creeks and isles?

So, different folks who's business meets in Greek will defend it too as Greeks. This invariably becomes bonafide Greeks at the passage of time, if the agora becomes a successful homeland.

Then who will question who in a community that people survived on the contributions of one another? But then, power can slip from one end to the other, and a family can pull out like the Israelites did in Egypt.

Dudu legbon pupa laburo

Ifa was right there that dudu legbon, pupa laburo. Even Adam was made from clay, "Ad" that's aadun, edun, edom=clayish=amo: Adam, first man; Edom, Edun, Ado, Edo, Ibini, Ibi ikini.

Waidun, ahad, Arabic for first, one. To Yoruba Akoko, Eni, Bini. This combo inspired the balance Akoko-Edo, black come first, so to say. With Igbo, Edo is koko. It's the syllable system earlier discussed (on apa) at work here.

Let's check it out: the Bible adopted Adam as first man, then Edom as first of Isaac twins. Edom was red, that statement is the function of color and number, hence Edom is an example of intra lingual cognate with Adam.

Yoruba adopted the color in question inherent with the syllable, aadun. The food is so called because it's clay color, from Ad. The Igbo did the same thing, hence Edo is her word for cocoyam because of its color.

The word root is semitic.

Blacks were early risers while the whites were late bloomers. In their epochs, the black race made towering achievements in science, technology and humanity that presently sustains mankind on the planet.

But life goes on, the white man holds the rudder in this dispensation. No race is self sufficient, we all depends on one another as of old. Plato travelled to Africa to learn from the wisdom of Egypt, Joseph took baby Jesus to Egypt also.

Black is not evil, white is not horror. Both are great and sometimes terribly bad. The black race had once enslave the whites, the whites later enslave the blacks, that's basically balance of evil, life goes on.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by Olu317(m): 10:31pm On Jul 30, 2021
absoluteSuccess:

WOW, Hercules! If I'm Ijebu, I would have taken that epithet. The Yoruba version of this is Akile. The Canaanite name passed to Greek legend and became fan fiction with the Greeks. Homer did justice to the rest.

It's understandable for the fact that cities of old were built from market place to community, hence the Yoruba refer to this, making ancient Yoruba kings, Oloja. So when it's said oshin or Oloja it's royalty.

Compare Greek "agora", city center, market place. Like you have it in Yoruba, ancient people transfer ideas from one place to the other. It's just as you claim the Ooni to have said, there are more Yoruba Caucasian than the present Yoruba people.

This is true, if Yoruba should migrate and become a national of another country, his posterity cannot continue to answer Yoruba for a thousand years, it would have become grafted into it's new place of abode.

Compare abode to ibudo: is one inferior to the other? Now look at Greek Socrates, does he look like a typical white man? Then look at Alexander the great, does he look like a black man?

Was the race of Socrates ever in question? Well no, because he's Athenian, a Greek. If the Greek has started from agora, wont people from different places around have became Greek by transversing the Peloponnesian creeks and isles?

So, different folks who's business meets in Greek will defend it too as Greeks. This invariably becomes bonafide Greeks at the passage of time, if the agora becomes a successful homeland.

Then who will question who in a community that people survived on the contributions of one another? But then, power can slip from one end to the other, and a family can pull out like the Israelites did in Egypt.

Dudu legbon pupa laburo

Ifa was right there that dudu legbon, pupa laburo. Even Adam was made from clay, "Ad" that's aadun, edun, edom=clayish=amo: Adam, first man; Edom, Edun, Ado, Edo, Ibini, Ibi ikini.

Waidun, ahad, Arabic for first, one. To Yoruba Akoko, Eni, Bini. This combo inspired the balance Akoko-Edo, black come first, so to say. With Igbo, Edo is koko. It's the syllable system earlier discussed (on apa) at work here.

Let's check it out: the Bible adopted Adam as first man, then Edom as first of Isaac twins. Edom was red, that statement is the function of color and number, hence Edom is an example of intra lingual cognate with Adam.

Yoruba adopted the color in question inherent with the syllable, aadun. The food is so called because it's clay color, from Ad. The Igbo did the same thing, hence Edo is her word for cocoyam because of its color.

The word root is semitic.

Blacks were early risers while the whites were late bloomers. In their epochs, the black race made towering achievements in science, technology and humanity that presently sustains mankind on the planet.

But life goes on, the white man holds the rudder in this dispensation. No race is self sufficient, we all depends on one another as of old. Plato travelled to Africa to learn from the wisdom of Egypt, Joseph took baby Jesus to Egypt also.

Black is not evil, white is not horror. Both are great and sometimes terribly bad. The black race had once enslave the whites, the whites later enslave the blacks, that's basically balance of evil, life goes on.

Incredible piece as usual. I wish people who actually understand the stand point of our discuss sees the strange but true identity of the magnificent Yoruba Race. Akilẹ́ does make sense.

I doff my heart.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by Olu317(m): 2:52pm On Aug 01, 2021
Konquest, have you seen the latest information on the fossils of Neanderthal found in Ramla, Israel i July 2021 ?

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2021/06/new-fossils-reveal-strange-looking-neanderthal-israel

The fossils from Nesher Ramla in Israel show a weird mix of Neanderthal-like and archaic features. YOSSI ZAIDNER. New fossils reveal a strange-looking Neanderthal in Israel

By Ann GibbonsJun.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by absoluteSuccess: 8:18pm On Aug 10, 2021
The Widowmaker has hacked my wife's Facebook account in his intense intent to find out my location and harm the family.

He's testing to know if I'm privy of his plans in his last post, hence I asked him to get back to work. He's met her before spying on my old shop at Egbeda, Lagos.

That's why he claimed he can easily get me thanks to the information I gave out about myself trying to market myself to one of his contractors.

My wife's number was on the product label that the man took away. My old shop address as well. He asked for my bank details just to get my real name, unbeknownst to me.

Of course, he never dropped the last part of this information, Just like he never told us what happened between him and the mfm-facebook guy connecting Yoruba to Hebrew.

Now that you have the Facebook account, I believe it's yielding wonderous treasures to you already? We're expecting you.

But you can check the night sky right about now. It's symbolic. Like lights stands out of darkness, I will overcome all your evil machinations.

Just as the star and the crescent moon marks a new beginning that cannot be stopped, so is that which you are striving against, baby Herod Hitler.

My life that you are sworn to harm relentlessly would be to your eclipse, so, keep gathering intelligence about me everywhere you can.

Online predators and internet terrorism is real.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by kayfra: 8:24am On Aug 13, 2021
This stupid peice of shit imbecelic thread with deranged "hebrew" posters

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by absoluteSuccess: 11:12am On Aug 13, 2021

1. There is no record of mass migration into Yorùbáland, Igboland, Idomaland, Igalaland, Edoland, Nupeland. We can assume based on this alone that these neighbours have lived close to each other for thousands of years and probably share common origin, so their languages must be related.

King of historical assumptions, I hail you o.

If there is to be a record of mass migration couple of thousand years ago, will that "history" wait for another thousand years till the invention of the movable type by Gutenberg in 1500s to be a veritable record of its time in history for us that never pass into legends?

If that exist, would you believe it to be true? Would that have "measured up" to the demands of modern research methodology where written source is the ultimate evidence?

And it would have been a prose with striking resemblance to what Homer or Herodotus would have written to be true.

First, you should have agreed with the Bible or the Quran as veritable record it claimed to be if record is what you want for evidence. The last time I checked, the Bible never measure up to historical standard to you even as Hebrew history book.

And Yoruba fixed oral records that you've failed to factor in to your Google links, aren't these oral records records enough? Well I guess they don't speak the language you understand, it has no effect on you.

And since you have been coming across tribal marks, have you wonder what manner of ideogram it portends? Could the art have stamped itself on the cheeks without forerunners and earlier lost prototype and usage?

It must not have cross your mind that ancient alphabets could have found a later use. If you can't figure out Yoruba alphabets, would you decipher it's records if you stumble upon it? No, record never exist to you.

Well, with the above on my mind, I wonder who takes the claims of a doctrinaire as historical fact except another doctrinaire.

"There's no record": that's a very huge, careless, expensive and ambitious conclusions for a true researcher to make. It destroys the past and the future for selfish interest and implicit egotism, you can't do the job, you won't have anyone ever get it done.

Exactly what is "record" that you sought?

It should be manifest in your track record on the field of interest as well.

Exactly where have you sought your historical records by default?

Answer=Google links to expert linguists.

But the true definition of hypnotism is to conclude that absence of such records is the "confirmation of kinship" of the kwa linguistic family "by assumption".

There's no record nullified migration claims in one hand and in turn validate assumptions as evidence of kinships on the other hand. Your assumptions is thus a historical "record".

Look how swift you come about your historical discoveries. Why not look to record to validate your own claim to teach us how to do the job?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by absoluteSuccess: 11:27am On Aug 13, 2021

2. These languages share identical properties. Tonal languages, No verb morphology, no definite article.

2 tonal language,

Tonal language shows that the language in question is economising a single word for multiple use.

Compare with non tonal language?

A language where one word stands for 5 things is not as rich in dictionary words as the language where one word stands for one thing.

The former couldn't have produced the latter, except in a sequence where you get 2+3=1 kind of education.

What would have been "the original language"? One of confusion where one word stands for many things or one word stands for one thing?

The answer is the answer to the relationship between tonal and non tonal language. 1 come first, then 2 and 3. If you add 3 to 3, you have 6, not 1.

The earliest language is non tonal language. Tone is derived from the economy of one.

No verb morphology?

Oga, you are a "concrete thinker", they hand you the answer, you have no way of checking through the integral part of the answer but dump it on the answer sheet without clue of your own understanding of the topic.

I don't know if there's a language without verb morphology "I'm going" mo nlo. Lo is the word for go, but for "going" to be possible, it attracted "n". Can we say lo and nlo means the same thing?

Has the verb not gone through morphology in this instance? So what the English language has as gerund is Yoruba ng, mo ng lo. Your teacher is not conversant with the attributes of the Yoruba language.

Ng comes first in Yoruba language but it's a suffix in English language. Another one is the suffix "er" as you have in "caller" (apeni), calling (ipe) call (pe), called (ti pe).

"A" in "apeni" is the equivalent of er as you have it in caller. But the difference is, it is in prefix to the verb in this Yoruba morphology and suffix in English. That's comparative review.

No definite article?

How I wish you gave your example in one of the languages you speak for. But that's impossible, you don't speak any of the languages.

I've been calling you a fake Yoruba all along, and here you demonstrated the fakery.

How does a linguist gives vivid example in a language other than the ones he's taking about at a particular point to drive home his experience?

How did it happen that you couldn't say "the car" in Yoruba?
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by absoluteSuccess: 11:43am On Aug 13, 2021
3. Ewure, ewe, ewu = Goat

Why did the Yoruba called the goat, ewure?

Because it's the animal of sacrifice for remission of sin, hence "ewu, pare", in English, the same notion is affixed to the animal in the form of "scape goat".

In this instance, ewu stands for "scape" or "escape". The thought derived from the mossaic law of using the goat for the remission of sin.

More strict usage is the Passover, I will pass over you when I see the blood.

In these related languages, different tongues adjusted their preferred syllable the way it's convenient for their tongues, but the original meaning is lost to all, except what it symbolises, the goat.

Can learning be complete without learning that all means goat? And what if the prototype derived from "scape goat"? Who is offended in knowing this much about a word, and why?
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by absoluteSuccess: 12:00pm On Aug 13, 2021
Akuko, okhokho, okuko: fowl

This is onomatopoeic, the root word derived from the sound identified with the bird. Fowl for instance is Adiye in Yoruba, it's either agbebo adiye, oromadiye or akuko 'diye.

But when you look at Adiye, it is a description of the bird as "a", one who "di" plaits the "Iye" feather. The name derived from it's plumes.

Erin

Erin is the word for the elephant, it's so called "e" that is one who "rin", is "massive" in such sense as iron that press down under it's steps. It could also be so called for the musical note it makes.

Okhokho

Okhokho in Edo is cognate with rooster in English. rooster is the English reduction of kukuruuku, from kukuruuku, ruu was taken out and ster suffix attached to it.

So written differently, it's still ruu-ster. Ccock is equivalent of ako, (male) this harmony happened naturally. It may sound funny, it better be, it's not all fact that sounds impressive.

Another good example of this is cocro, the way the Egun pronounces their word for fowl. In this, you find cock-crow. It's still onomatopoeic but the harmony of thought is there for you.

What is the essence of all this? There's no "almost word", people drew the idea of a word from an original idea that may or may not have survived around them.
Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by absoluteSuccess: 12:06pm On Aug 13, 2021

You get the point?

"Are you sure? The world seems to revolve around you. Check the fourth line in the pics below, "first comes surveying, the collection of information without actually escavating.

"The medievalist searches ancient records for clues..."

To you, no record but the Google links and now the dictionary. Whereas, where the things listed here are absent, you look to the history and tradition of the people, not a dictionary.

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by absoluteSuccess: 12:41pm On Aug 13, 2021

I have given priceless education on this thread, hit you back to back with facts and information. That is yet to be debunked.

I am waiting for any of you to show any of my statements false like I do with yours on a regular.

This your comment shows that you don't have the power to research but the power to debunk.

You research to debunk rather than to expand public enlightenment on the subject. As such, you gravitate to the topic than you do, the subject.

You are a topical debunk expert, you don't have the power to do thorough investigation of the subject on your own.

Show me some relics of your experience in prints. You've all the knowledge, what have you make of it? Nothing but keen on best ways to hunt down and kill whoever oppose your version of history.

Well with my pint of knowledge, I've written volumes about Yoruba and have been publishing as far back as 2009. I have just 5 copies of this left. It's something.

But here you are, waiting for who's next to be devour.

Re: Yoruba Hebrew Heritage (Thanksgiving Thread) by absoluteSuccess: 1:13pm On Aug 13, 2021
This is the evidence to support the above assertion of mine. If you are very adept at the subject, you won't be waiting on random people who can't come up with a research provoking questions asked you their questions.

Better still, what is it that makes you believe people should pass their curiosity about Yoruba history across to you? Who are you and what makes your conclusions Paramount and binding on the Yoruba or Yoruba history?

Rather, a research provoking questions would continually emanates from you from the recess of years of experience handling the same affairs in the field of study or inspiration from everyday life and practice?

Some of the past dilemmas or imponderable topics you encountered doing research, or some keywords or discoveries would have forced themselves through you to the public.

But for you, no rough work, you don't make mistakes. You know it all because to destroy is very easy. To build a reputation, you rely on others' contributions that you can destroy.

I have given priceless education on this thread, hit you back to back with facts and information. That is yet to be debunked.

I am waiting for any of you to show any of my statements false like I do with yours on a regular.

You are a defeatist who needs a victim to be an expert.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Meet The World Biggest Boobs German Model.. / Nigerian Man And Jamaican Woman? / Chinedu Felix Osuchukwu Appointed ASO Cultural Ambassador (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 219
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.