Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,735 members, 7,827,698 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

BBN Can Be Okay Only If........ - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / BBN Can Be Okay Only If........ (1234 Views)

Will You Be Okay / I Never Get Sexually Aroused Or Attracted To Girls Anymore, Am I Okay? / Is Break Up Sex Okay? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BBN Can Be Okay Only If........ by Missionaire: 6:38pm On Jul 31, 2020
obaaderemi:
Yes, why can't one of our mega churches organize a science and maths quiz show that would shake the nation and bring forth the best in our youths coupled with scholarship and foreign travels?
Why can't they set up venture capital funds to drive science, technology and entrepreneurship?

Thank you. This is what I am saying.
The church needs to move beyond shouting to doing more relevant and public projects.
Fight bad project with good projects and not just prayers and shouting.

What projects have the church done in response to BBN ever since the show started few years ago? Only condemnations.
If you say the food I am eating is unhealthy, which one are you giving to me as an alternative? Abi I should throw the one I have to listen to your talk?

I don't like BBN, but if I could, I would create platform that would promote STEM education and activities.

1 Like

Re: BBN Can Be Okay Only If........ by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:49pm On Jul 31, 2020
Dew04:
Missionaire's point: sweets can only be good when balanced.
Your point: don't be angry with sweets or other sugary foods.
No one is, okay? But if Nigerians learn to balance their meals with fruits and veggies, they wouldn't have to visit a dentist every month.
The government has a role to play in engaging young minds. A 300lv student from Ibadan was killed while working with heavy machinary in a soap production company. It would be easy to blame the boy but why should he be working there in the first place? Rather than recieving online lectures from his school?
Our leaders can watch as many shows as they like, zee world, telanovelas, etc. But should also set up programmes for those who value self_improvement.

so you really believe that a gov that doesnt even care that you have constant electricity will now invest money so that these LAZY YOUTHS (as the gov calls them), can "engage their mind", really?!??!?!?!

lol, you are giving this useless gov too much credit, i swear!
Re: BBN Can Be Okay Only If........ by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jul 31, 2020
obaaderemi:
I will quote you because you made a lot of sense. How sensible people could sit down and watch some of the shows on TV today beats my imagination. And you see them mentioning the names of the show participants and discussing them. Some even go to the extent of watching such nonsense with their little children. So if you think the situation is bad today, wait for tomorrow when the kids of today grow up.
most Nigerians would find it offensive when you quary the show. There's absolutely nothing to learn from it. When I view the threads that make front page I'm appalled by what some people actually invest their time watching. The entire program is centered on meaningless things. Either two housemates were having or another went nude. undecided
If the show was based on young men and women coming out to showcase their talents, it would have made sense. Imagine a game show with artists, musicians, etc. People who actually have something to offer.

2 Likes

Re: BBN Can Be Okay Only If........ by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 31, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

so you really believe that a gov that doesnt even care that you have constant electricity will now invest money so that these LAZY YOUTHS (as the gov calls them), can "engage their mind", really?!??!?!?!

lol, you are giving this useless gov too much credit, i swear!
I agree. Nigeria is a waste of precious land mass.
Re: BBN Can Be Okay Only If........ by Missionaire: 7:00pm On Jul 31, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

exactly!!! westerners were building industrialized EMPIRES while Africans were building mud huts, dirt roads and buying camels. stop comparing banana with jumbo jets!

this is PEANUTS compare to what these industrialized nations are making thanks to the 300years free start they have over us... who are you trying to fool here?!

TAXES, TAXES and MORE TAXES
in the west people have been paying taxes (aka IRS) since forever...thus they have the FINANCIAL MEANS to build road, create jobs and invest in industries, that the majority of African countries cant.
the US makes $3.5 trillions per year in taxes...enough to spend it on roads, innovations research etc

which Singapore are you talking about?! the one who's had constant electricity for DECADES? that Singapore?!
which Singapore? the financial hub perfectly located in Asia? that singapore?
you want to compare country of 5M people with Africa's largest citizen?!
do i need to speak in CHINESE for you to understand what i am saying... you can ONLY compare Africa with Africa!!!!!

So the taxes we have been paying that have been ending up in the deep pockets of our leaders nko? Is that the fault of the West too?

How much does it cost us to have a stable power supply, good transportation system, working health system and brilliant educational system?

Is it the West that have been sabotaging our "efforts" too?

I don't even know the basis of this argument. I stated in my post that while we copy the leisure activities of the West, we can also copy the productive ways they do things.
China has been copying and they are progressing. I don't see what you're arguing about.

I did not compare Africa to the West.
Can't we also copy and paste the things that can help us advance?

You are the one that stated earlier that we will never stop copying from the West. So why can't we copy other productive things as a nation and continent?

Abeg e don do.
I am happy that some people are seeing the point I'm trying to make. Not everyone will see it and maybe you are one of them.

Have a pleasant evening.
Re: BBN Can Be Okay Only If........ by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:02pm On Jul 31, 2020
Dew04:
I agree. Nigeria is Nigerians are a waste of precious land brain mass.

FIXED

the problem in Nigeria is NIGERIANS THEMSELVES, nobody else... and i wouldnt be surprised if they go to the street and riot if the gov had his way and had the show cancelled.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BBN Can Be Okay Only If........ by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:31pm On Jul 31, 2020
Missionaire:
So the taxes we have been paying that have been ending up in the deep pockets of our leaders nko? Is that the fault of the West too?

again bro, as i have been saying all along.. STOP COMPARING BANANA WITH JUMBO JET!!!!
your tiny taxes coupled with oil revenues etc cant be compared to what these western countries are making every year, thus stop comparing these places with Nigeria. here is a simple clue: these countries have constant electricity... for almost +70years[/b]

How much does it cost us to have a stable power supply, good transportation system, working health system and brilliant educational system?
to achieve such, you will first need PROPER LEADERS...

Is it the West that have been sabotaging our "efforts" too?

no they havent...the west stays in their lane and continue robbing Africa of its natural resources, while they help corrupt leaders launder the money they receive from helping these western countries rape Africa blind.

I don't even know the basis of this argument. I stated in my post that while we copy the leisure activities of the West, we can also copy the productive ways they do things.
China has been copying and they are progressing. I don't see what you're arguing about.

this isnt an argument, its a share of opinion. i believe you should stop blaming the gov of Nigeria for the lack of infrastructures to empower the youth or whatever. there are more important matters that need fixing, before Nigeria can focus on what you are talking about.
China is a communist powerhouse na! whats next? you gonna bring Russia to this discussion?

I did not compare Africa to the West.

yes you did... and still do every time you believe that what is happening in the west should happen in Africa.

Can't we also copy and paste the things that can help us advance?

GOOD LEADERSHIP is the only thing that will make Nigeria advance...

You are the one that stated earlier that we will never stop copying from the West. So why can't we copy other productive things as a nation and continent?

i indeed said that you are being a hypocrite when you think that copying a tv show was wrong, while you use WESTERN RELIGION to make your point. you then replied by saying that:"I didn't say we shouldn't copy the west. I said that we should not only copy their leisure activities but also their work activities. so i had to remind you that as much as you want to copy the west (with BBN, religion etc), you can NEVER COMPARE Africa with the west, as these are 2 different nations.

Abeg e don do. I am happy that some people are seeing the point I'm trying to make. Not everyone will see it and maybe you are one of them.
Have a pleasant evening.

nah sorry, i dont see it... have a great afternoon!
Re: BBN Can Be Okay Only If........ by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 31, 2020
if u dont like BBN dont watch it
i dont like BBN and i dont watch it
why u guys so concerned about BBN nau?
or is it being now aired in nigerian local channels?
i thought it was only aired on cable
Re: BBN Can Be Okay Only If........ by lammylam(f): 8:22pm On Jul 31, 2020
I would never understand why some people criticise this show every year! This show has nothing to do with the government! If you don't like BBN,you can opt out! This show is someone idea! And the persom was fortunate enough to get sponsors. Nothing is stopping you from bringing your own ideas and go out there to look for sponsors!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Hissing At Men By Women A Bad Omen? / Why Am I Obsessed With The Female Body? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.