Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,234 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn (28851 Views)

Northern Women Protest In Abuja, Demand Referendum For South-East To Choose / IPOB Should Allow Us Bury Nnamdi Kanu’s Parents In Peace – Kinsmen / We Won’t Allow South-west Impose President On Nigeria Like 2015; Arewa Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by stayclearofme: 12:30am On Aug 01, 2020
MrColdsweat:
[s][/s]

You yarribas wanted Jonathan out in 2015, why didn't you yarribas present a yarriba candidate? Were you scared of contesting against an ijaw man?
Please which tribe is "yarriba" in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by Mo3891: 12:34am On Aug 01, 2020
MrColdsweat:

Shut up!

Balewa and akintola were very close friends. When awolowo tried to use the governor to remove him, balewa fought awolowo because of akintola. It was clear in the constitution that the governor had the right to remove the premier but balewa wouldn't have it. They even had to take the issue to London for the British to look into the issue. The British agreed that the governor could remove the premier. Still, balewa shielded akintola. Balewa helped akintola rig the elections.

When akintola was declared winner, you yarribas went rogue, destroying properties, burning houses and cars, harassing non-yarribas.

The police couldn't quell the violence that lasted for a year. The military had to step in.

Awolowo most likely sponsored the coup because of his disdain for balewa.

You yarribas were the first to start tribalism, hooliganism and election rigging. Your lawmakers were the people who introduced fighting in the legislative house.

You can cry and blame igbos all you want but we know that the coup happened because of the violence in the western region.

You yarribas caused the coup.

grin

Alhaji Chief Dauda Soroye Adegbenro. Atleast leave lying and history falsification to intelligent people, if only you had known this name perhaps you won't have embarrassed yourself

Just look at you utterly turning history upside down, is this the people you want me to vote for? Never

6 Likes

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by Ikinternational: 12:37am On Aug 01, 2020
Yebosola:

Who know am for APC? deh there dey yarn dust, he can only speak for your PDP that your SE brothers slaved for, I beg say something else, u can't work in Zenith Bank and b expecting salary in Gt bank

You people reason like goats i swear
If what you just said is the case, then why the hell is apc spending so much time n money contesting elections in igboland?
Igboland should be no go area using your reasoning.
But alas, the same apc is currently moving mountains to position themselves for Anambra governorship.

Apc with their actions is saying they want a foothold in igboland. Either embrace us completely or gtfo

Don't insult my intelligence with ridiculous analysis lacking sense
Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by Igboid: 12:41am On Aug 01, 2020
Hmm. Edwin Clark of all people.
Truly wonders shall never end.

At least he stood by the truth.

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by majole: 12:45am On Aug 01, 2020
Why do people even take this PAPA serious? He can't influence 100k votes

4 Likes

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by stayclearofme: 12:54am On Aug 01, 2020
MrColdsweat:

Your slave masters named you yarriba.
I am sorry for you.

5 Likes

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by middlebelter(m): 12:57am On Aug 01, 2020
With due respect to my friends from SE, is GEJ no more Azikiwe? Pa Edwin Clark should tell us if Bayelsa is no more part of Biafra/old SE? Are we saying now that we have to embrace the six geo-political zoning imposed by Sanni Abacha's Government at the expense of the tripod on which this country was created?

Politics has been a game of negotiation and compromise, majority rule, minorities right preserved. The SW can concede to SE if they so desire but it shouldn't be un der threats, intimidations and insults of their co-southerners. With the barrages of attacks I read on social media, I beg to say the SE is not ready for presidency.
I pray the same mistakes made in the 50s and 60s will not be repeated.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by johntolu: 1:00am On Aug 01, 2020
myboy2111:
How can Tinubu be a threat to a whole Tribe? No wonder they shout his name everyday.

Since 1960, every tribe has been contesting every election without restrictions. It is an open field .

South Easterners should not be scared in contesting against the South Westerners.

The Yeebos are not scared of contesting the Presidential elections against Tinubu or any candidate from the South West.
The major challenge of the Yeebos is the fact that they have only one popular candidate in the whole of Yeeboland who is a ' bad market' in Nigeria political landscape.
You should imagine the 'Ohanmadike 1', going to Ado-Ekiti, Gworon-Dutse or Damaturu on electioneering campaign and tell me the number of votes he would gather from those lands.

This is the only reason the Igbo race are always excited about being the 'tail' and not the 'head' in Nigeria politics starting from the time of the late 'Ewelle' of Onitcha, Dr. Azikiwe, who turned down the opportunity of being the Prime Minister in a coalition government with the Yoruba party in the 1st Republic, The Action Group, but chose to be a 'tail', Ceremonial President, under the Hausa-Fulani party, Northern Congress Party.
Anyone in doubt about my postulation, can conduct a survey about the chances of Nnamdi Kanu getting 25% of votes in any state outside Igbo land and the South South stares.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by johntolu: 1:31am On Aug 01, 2020
Ezeama400:

Igbos are not scared to contest against anyone.. What's is good for Adamma is also good for Funke. The two major political parties should zone their tickets to Igbo land like it was done to yorubas in 1999..

This link I sent below has contradicted your opinion about Igbos interest in 2023..

Igbos in Apc are warning up as well

https://www.google.com/search?q=South+East+president+2023..+PDP+nairaland&oq=South+East+president+2023..+PDP+nairaland&aqs=chrome..69i57.23400j0j4&client=ms-android-transsion-tecno-rev1&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

The incidence of having 2 Yoruba flagbearers as candidates during the 1999 Presidential election was not given to the Yoruba Nation on a platter of gold, we actually fought for it.
General Obasanjo fought a bitter primary election with Dr. Ekwueme before he got PDP's ticket while Olu Falae was the candidate of the Yoruba party, AD, which went into an alliance with APP before Falae was given APP's ticket with the running mate, going to Alhaji Shinkafi, who was the initial APP's candidate.
You guys should encourage 'Ohanmadike1' to consider joining APC and 'try his luck' during the primaries with Tinubu or Fayemi. You should also encourage your brothers who have been in PDP for more than 20 years, to grow balls and summon courage and contest the PDP primaries against Tamburawal or Atiku.
That is how Nigeria politics is played, Nwanne.
There is no room for 'cry-cry babies' in Nigeria politics.

7 Likes

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by Iamsane: 1:46am On Aug 01, 2020
Yebosola:

Who know am for APC? deh there dey yarn dust, he can only speak for your PDP that your SE brothers slaved for, I beg say something else, u can't work in Zenith Bank and b expecting salary in Gt bank

I don't know how a whole region doesn't know this.

APC giving ticket to any South east candidate (if any exists) is an insult to democracy.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by Nobody: 1:55am On Aug 01, 2020
Ezeama400:

Igbos are not scared to contest against anyone.. What's is good for Adamma is also good for Funke. The two major political parties should zone their tickets to Igbo land like it was done to yorubas in 1999..

This link I sent below has contradicted your opinion about Igbos interest in 2023..

Igbos in Apc are warning up as well

https://www.google.com/search?q=South+East+president+2023..+PDP+nairaland&oq=South+East+president+2023..+PDP+nairaland&aqs=chrome..69i57.23400j0j4&client=ms-android-transsion-tecno-rev1&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8
In 1999, no party zoned Presidency to South West. I support the call for Igbo Presidency but the southern leaders must come together for a consensus candidate and issues must be resolved and agendas created for the candidate.

Obj runs a government of National Unity which created wealth for the nation. What we have witnessed so far is the government that empowers her kinsmen to loot the treasury. The looting under GEJ and Buhari is something else.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by NGpatriot: 1:55am On Aug 01, 2020
Yesterday,Tinubu was a demystified nobody, but today, he's somebody because you now acknowledge his power as the only powerful force in nigeria to beg for your political survival.

grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by NSK4U(m): 2:03am On Aug 01, 2020

Edwin is speaking for himself and that is his opinion. We south easterners are not begging Tinubu or anyone at that for the presidency. Tinubu has no special balls bigger than Ngige let alone other south Eastners who are Ngige's predecessors, and I think Ngige himself already made it clear enough for Tinubu and those begging him and his wife for money to survive.

So at the end of the day, 2023 will be very interesting to reset Nigeria and I'm certain Tinubu or his beggar boys will surely be disappointed.

If we could frustrate Awolowo and Abiola's efforts who thought they were smart enough to clinch the presidency, who then is Tinubu? Let the drum of 2023 continue to sound and we Igbos love those who are massaging Tinubu's brain by deceiving him to show up, las las he would end up at the same place as Abiola.

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by mrkings84(m): 2:35am On Aug 01, 2020
Edwin Clerk should Park well. We Easterners are not interested in any presidency post, all we need is our Biabra

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by ChukwuObe: 3:27am On Aug 01, 2020
Ezeama400:
Tinubu is not a threat to anyone...

If Awolowo who was a Christian and loved by all yorubas could not get it despite his two attempts, is it Tinubu whom some of his people are cursing on the street will actualize such dream ?

Again,It's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of niddle than for a Muslim southerner to rule this country under this structure, the same is applicable to northern christians.. They are politically disadvantaged, it's a very sad reality we must swallow.
As for Abiola's case concerning issue of religion, Nigerians were so desperate for democracy to the extent that they were ready to accept anyone as long as democracy will be praticed. Nigerians didn't care about religion unlike what is obtainable today where average Nigerian on the street is so concious of his faith due to religious crisis that has happened in the past and the present as well..

The same reason your hero Ojukwu was betrayed and deserted by his own very people. And if he could not get it then, is he the ipob supported Obi or any inconsequential politician that will do?

5 Likes

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by Yebosola(m): 3:31am On Aug 01, 2020
Ikinternational:

You people reason like goats i swear
If what you just said is the case, then why the hell is apc spending so much time n money contesting elections in igboland?
Igboland should be no go area using your reasoning.
But alas, the same apc is currently moving mountains to position themselves for Anambra governorship.

Apc with their actions is saying they want a foothold in igboland. Either embrace us completely or gtfo

Don't insult my intelligence with ridiculous analysis lacking sense

U are hiding behind one finger with your warped analysis, u are not talking to a toddler, when has APC stopped been a supporter of APC party according to u guys? Having foothold is different from getting the presidential ticket, collapse all your PDP govt into APC, then u are good to go,stop been economical with the truth.

4 Likes

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by MetaPhysical: 3:37am On Aug 01, 2020
Thats not what the Apex Igbo Leader in Lagos believes.

Hon. Jude Idimogu, the Apex Igbo political leader in Lagos, has said repeatedly that Igbos will vote APC and that Tinubu will be President and Igbos can follow after.

Someone please update Clark.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/igbo-president-will-emerge-after-tinubus-tenures-%E2%80%95-idimogu/

3 Likes

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by aviara: 4:20am On Aug 01, 2020
South west want the north to stick to the arrangement between the north and south in the spirit of fairness but the same south doesn't want the south east to be given the opportunity to be the region to produce the president in 2023. This is super hypocrisy.
Well, if the south west won't give the south east a chance this time around then the north should go for a third term.

3 Likes

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by galaxy2020(m): 4:21am On Aug 01, 2020
If south east doesn't take their turn, then the north will rule this country for a very long time.

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by bigfish3k: 4:23am On Aug 01, 2020
LegendHero:

You guys should grow some balls and stop being cowards.

SW is just a Region bro, you can negotiate and form alliance with the remaining 4 regions.

There is no difference between the character the SW is displaying and yahoo yahoo
Reciprocal is the normal way of good neighbourliness.
If I assist you to climb it is normal for you to assist me in climbing too but instead you start to rack sense and forming quarrel so that you wouldn't reciprocate
This your character is the character of a typical black man who will always wish to supervise his fellow black man to sinking further.
Whenever the north threatens not to hand over to the south you people will change your narrative to "Southern unity" but when they are relaxed you change back to your wayo/cunning life style.

Reciprocate SE gestures and see the south clinch the presidency effortlessly but greed and cunning lifestyle won't allow you

You people are yahoo yahoo

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by galaxy2020(m): 4:24am On Aug 01, 2020
MetaPhysical:
Thats not what the Apex Igbo Leader in Lagos believes.

Hon. Jude Idimogu, the Apex Igbo political leader in Lagos, has said repeatedly that Igbos will vote APC and that Tinubu will be President and Igbos can follow after.

Someone please update Clark

https://tribuneonlineng.com/igbo-president-will-emerge-after-tinubus-tenures-%E2%80%95-idimogu/
...Someone please update Clark...Igbo's can't be controlled like cows like some other tribes, they are individually minded, not even ohanaeze can control them, stop deceiving your mind..
Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by a19xxl: 4:32am On Aug 01, 2020
The fear of the lion

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by bigfish3k: 4:35am On Aug 01, 2020
Iamsane:

I don't know how a whole region doesn't know this.

APC giving ticket to any South east candidate (if any exists) is an insult to democracy.
PDP giving its tickets to SW in 1999 wasn't an insult abi.
SW is portraying yahoo yahoo character.
You people are cunning
Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by Abagworo(m): 4:56am On Aug 01, 2020
myboy2111:
How can Tinubu be a threat to a whole Tribe? No wonder they shout his name everyday.

Since 1960, every tribe has been contesting every election without restrictions. It is an open field .

South Easterners should not be scared in contesting against the South Westerners.

If Igbo is not allowed to produce President in 2023 there will be a useless government in Nigeria. That government will be frustrated until it collapses. The only way to avoid the impending crisis is giving it to South-south again like Obasanjo did with Jonathan to block Igbos.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by loopman: 4:59am On Aug 01, 2020
iamfrankoben:
You're a stack illiterate

Lmaooooo, you are worse than a stark illiterate

2 Likes

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by Bighead9: 5:11am On Aug 01, 2020
CsRockefeller:

You won't be alive to see it, quote me anywhere.

My comment pain this man well well. grin grin grin
Take heart, it doesn't pay to commit suicide. Cause I know that's what's on your mind. grin

3 Likes

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by Yebosola(m): 5:20am On Aug 01, 2020
steppin:

He said the bitter truth. Igbos will never vote for APC, regardless of who they field in the presidency.
So, why waste their chances of winning by adopting an Igbo candidate who won't get votes from his own people?
Igbo presidency in 2023 will be a tough one,if not impossible.

U get their deceitfulness, trying to get PDP in by default, Alaigbo will never vote APC (supporter of APC and Amala party), they hate APC with passion, if they are serious, let them collapse all their PDP govt into APC, then the are good to go, funny people with faulty emotions when it comes to politics.

4 Likes

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by aviara: 5:24am On Aug 01, 2020
The north want COMPETENCE as the deciding factor for selecting the next president come 2023, the south east prefer FAIRNESS, the south south prefer FAIRNESS, the south west prefer JAGBAN.
FAIRNESS have it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Labour Party Defeats PDP, Wins Nsukka/Igbo-Eze South Reps Seat / NANS Tells Buhari: “You Have Disappointed Us In Your 100 Days In Office” / Solomon Dalung Turns 'Hunter' In New Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.