Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,931 members, 7,952,753 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:09 PM

Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn (29480 Views)

Northern Women Protest In Abuja, Demand Referendum For South-East To Choose / IPOB Should Allow Us Bury Nnamdi Kanu’s Parents In Peace – Kinsmen / We Won’t Allow South-west Impose President On Nigeria Like 2015; Arewa Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by aviara: 11:03am On Aug 01, 2020
The north romanced the southwest to oust the south south/ south east in 2015, come 2023 the north will romance the south east to rob south west. Jagaban will soon realise all he knows his politics 101 for freshers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by Nobody: 11:07am On Aug 01, 2020
ipain:

Point of correction, igbos voted for MKO. Osita Chidoka still has copy of the advert he ran for MKO as a student.

Make una dey suffry lie on igbos just to appear better.

It is a lie. Osita Chidoka is a liar. Nevertheless, the South should be united. The problem facing Southern Nigeria is far beyond Presidency.
Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by CioAngels(f): 11:07am On Aug 01, 2020
Pa Clark sir, Tinubu is no barrier to the southeast but southeast themselves. At this stage they know Tinubu is s master rigger and would not care who dies in the process as long as he wins fruadulently which people knows it is his stock in trade. 2015 was good example. How say how apc won in 2015, that is axactly what he will do next. He is not holding southrast. The southeast should rally round one person that is not from the old block. I read somewhere the Eastern youth are shamelessly asking Orji Uzoh Kalu. What did he do as Abia governor, yes, he acheived by poverishing the poor to set his business. I say again, southeast should not think of present politician. I read somewhere too where Nmamani's was mentioned after he emptied PDP vault he fan to apc to escape being probed. We have seen/heard of people who did extra ordinay things for Nigerians and with this they is already known not those that went into politics to enrich themselves with the state/federal money stole to come and further impoverish people. We the eectorates remains our problem if continue to vote these old glutton politicians because will abandon you once they win and they will tell you did not make them win or you should take their votes. Senator Patrick Osakwe said this to the Ukwani people after he has stayed in the Senate for four year because they asked him for accountability as nothing seen done by him. East, there are credible people in the East. Imsgine Mr Offor who Nnmani took to Buhari to get contract, paid for but never executed so he could bury his late father, somebody will tell us he was a billionaire before sleaes. So we read.

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by Nobody: 11:15am On Aug 01, 2020
DiagnoPolitics:

Like I said, argue all you want, mock all you want, wallow in your mischief all you want. The truth have been said, the campaign has taken a life of it's own and[b] the elder statesmen and other men that matters have embraced it[/b]. Yakassai, ACF, Arewa youths, and now Edwin Clark have reiterated the same point.

You yorubas are not very good with swallowing the truth, you are not realists, you are utopian simpletons who choose to romanticize with your own fallacies and deceit in the face of bitter truth. grin

The SE and SS won't accept another yoruba leader, the northern group are wary of your greed and cutting tinubu (yoruba interests to size), you don't have the numbers, where will you get your votes? grin

I'm not here to argue with your idealistic utopian proclivities, my campaign is getting to the right quarters regardless of your lamentations. That is all that matters. grin grin

There will be no yoruba president before a SE president. It is not your turn. grin grin

You are a small boy who knows nothing judging from your last paragraph. Obj runs a government of National Unity where the likes of Andy and Chris UBA held sway at the Villa.

Estimated $100 billion got stolen under Yaradua and Jonathan with IBOs as the greatest beneficiary of that government as a revenge for all the lootings perpetrated by the North for years.

Tinubu does not have anything to offer the South West just as Obj did not offer South West anything because our training of equity and fairness does not support cheating.

The North does not trust the Ibos because they know the IBO crying for Presidency is for vendetta, is for vengeance as it happened under Jonathan. The Ibos sold oil at $108 to $130 per barrel spent and looted everything, borrowed heavily and spent almost $20 billion out of the money left by Obj, this is vendetta, this is vengeance, this is wickedness. The North can never forget this.

To move the South out of slavery, the Yorubas should forget about IBO agenda and work for the unity of the South but careless statement will not be tolerated.

Pa Edwin Clark was the head of Jonathan cabal at the villa, Pa Maman Daura is the head of PMB cabal, tell me the head of the cabal during Obj government.

You talk carelessly and you are nobody.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by mikemiyaki: 11:25am On Aug 01, 2020
I recommend Gov. David Umahi and Gov. Zulum.
Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by wingmanIII: 11:27am On Aug 01, 2020
alfredilly:

I'm a South Westerner and I've consistently maintained that 2023 presidency will go the the south east. Nigeria won't take the path of eluding the Igbos with presidency if they want to consistently maintain a one nation. Failure to concede it to SE will send a strong message of marginalization. All the marginalization noise that Igbo have been making in the past were just baseless claim born out of desperation. The 2023 will proof if Nigeria are really Igbophobic.

I have always maintain that the secessionist movement will get a boost of Igbo presidency fail to materialize in 2023. Even a 5 years old will join the movement.

You said it all. Let the foolish ones not listen
Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by JuicyStar: 11:35am On Aug 01, 2020
LegendHero:

Nope, the Igbos cannot be trusted coz history has shown they always vote blindly for a single party irrespective of the candidate.

If APC field an Igbo presidential candidate and PDP does the same, then automatically the PDP Igbo will win in Igboland and what will be the gain of the politicians in APC?

Also if APC field an Igbo man in 2023 and PDP field a Fulani man, the Igbos will also vote for the Fulani man in PDP coz they even failed to vote for Ojukwu when he contested under another party.

Hence, no matter how you spin it, APC will be stupid to give their slot to an Igbo man. It will be the end of APC as a ruling party.

Thanks you ooh. Funny how someone will think APC would field an igbo candidate from a region they always score low votes. The best APC can concede to the SE is Vice President. I doubt even PDP would pick an Igbo candidate come 2023.

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 01, 2020
DiagnoPolitics:

Like I said, argue all you want, mock all you want, wallow in your mischief all you want. The truth have been said, the campaign has taken a life of it's own and[b] the elder statesmen and other men that matters have embraced it[/b]. Yakassai, ACF, Arewa youths, and now Edwin Clark have reiterated the same point.

You yorubas are not very good with swallowing the truth, you are not realists, you are utopian simpletons who choose to romanticize with your own fallacies and deceit in the face of bitter truth. grin

The SE and SS won't accept another yoruba leader, the northern group are wary of your greed and cutting tinubu (yoruba interests to size), you don't have the numbers, where will you get your votes? grin

I'm not here to argue with your idealistic utopian proclivities, my campaign is getting to the right quarters regardless of your lamentations. That is all that matters. grin grin

There will be no yoruba president before a SE president. It is not your turn. grin grin

You are a small boy who knows nothing judging from your last paragraph. Obj runs a government of National Unity where the likes of Andy and Chris UBA held sway at the Villa.

Estimated $100 billion got stolen under Yaradua and Jonathan with IBOs as the greatest beneficiary of that government as a revenge for all the lootings perpetrated by the North for years.

Tinubu does not have anything to offer the South West just as Obj did not offer South West anything because our training of equity and fairness does not support cheating.

The North does not trust the Ibos because they know the IBO crying for Presidency is for vendetta, is for vengeance as it happened under Jonathan. The Ibos sold oil at $108 to $130 per barrel spent and looted everything, borrowed heavily and spent almost $20 billion out of the money left by Obj, this is vendetta, this is vengeance, this is wickedness. The North can never forget this.

To move the South out of slavery, the Yorubas should forget about IBO agenda and work for the unity of the South but careless statement will not be tolerated.

Pa Edwin Clark was the head of Jonathan cabal at the villa, Pa Maman Daura is the head of PMB cabal, tell me the head of the cabal during Obj government.

You talk carelessly and you are nobody.
Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by erinalex: 11:46am On Aug 01, 2020
aviara:

If you believe in rotational presidency and fairness, then I expect you to join forces with the Igbo's for 2023 presidency. However, if u think they don't deserve it then the north deserves a 3rd term.

Did you read my post... to understand ?

Don't change the narrative, I didn't talk about fairness or no fairness.

I said, it is always difficult to understand what the Ibos actually want.

Is it biafra or Nigerian President or both ?

Because they often present themselves as a confused tribe.

Instead of you to respond on that path, you are talking of fairness.

When people don't know what you want, how are they going to be fair to you ?

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by biGwal(m): 12:10pm On Aug 01, 2020
Pa Edwin Clark, biko relax, enjoy your old age with ur PDP. Leave ASIWAJU out of this...... Whosoever APC chooses is non of your business.
Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by Nobody: 12:32pm On Aug 01, 2020
biGwal:
Pa Edwin Clark, biko relax, enjoy your old age with ur PDP. Leave ASIWAJU out of this...... Whosoever APC chooses is non of your business.

The Yorubas should forget about Tinubu Presidency. Tinubu cannot get 60% Yoruba support apart from people in APC. Tinubu Presidency has nothing to offer South West. Any Yoruba chosen has nothing to offer South West because of our orientation of equity and fairness.

Yorubas should forget about IBOs enmity and insults and work for the overall interest of Southern Nigeria. Nigeria cannot work. The South needs to be united.

The Southern Governors forum and the Littoral States group were formed by the South West. The Southern Governors forum was frustrated by the Ibos. Emmanuel Udom and Ambode hosted the forum in Lagos in 2017, it was frustrated by the Ibos.

Nevertheless, the Yorubas should forget about presidency and work for a consensus candidate from the South. The South must be united to fight for restructuring. The North does not want the South united.
Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by lucasalves: 1:58pm On Aug 01, 2020
Alajiki:

Refer to the bolded.That argument is watery. In case you are not aware, south-western Muslims are more politically active than south-wester Christian's. Even ther are more Muslim electorates than Christians. The bulk of voters in the south west are artisans and Muslims are more than Christians here. With the exception of Ekiti and Ondo States, all other south western states are populated by predominantly Muslim card-carrying members of various political parties. So, how would it be difficult for a Southern Muslim to get Nigerian presidency?

plus religion and politics don't even go together in the south west... look at the previous governors elected in the region and you will know religion doesn't even come into play

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by EazyMoh(m): 1:59pm On Aug 01, 2020
Ezeama400:
Tinubu is not a threat to anyone...

If Awolowo who was a Christian and loved by all yorubas could not get it despite his two attempts, is it Tinubu whom some of his people are cursing on the street will actualize such dream ?

Again,It's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of niddle than for a Muslim southerner to rule this country under this structure, the same is applicable to northern christians.. They are politically disadvantaged, it's a very sad reality we must swallow.
As for Abiola's case concerning issue of religion, Nigerians were so desperate for democracy to the extent that they were ready to accept anyone as long as democracy will be praticed. Nigerians didn't care about religion unlike what is obtainable today where average Nigerian on the street is so concious of his faith due to religious crisis that has happened in the past and the present as well..
Never say never! Especially in politics...
Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by Osaze007: 2:06pm On Aug 01, 2020
Alajiki:

Refer to the bolded.That argument is watery. In case you are not aware, south-western Muslims are more politically active than south-wester Christian's. Even ther are more Muslim electorates than Christians. The bulk of voters in the south west are artisans and Muslims are more than Christians here. With the exception of Ekiti and Ondo States, all other south western states are populated by predominantly Muslim card-carrying members of various political parties. So, how would it be difficult for a Southern Muslim to get Nigerian presidency?

That’s a fat lie
Yoruba remains predominantly Christian
Lagos
Ogun
Ondo
Ekiti
Kogi Yorubas

Predominantly Christain states

Only osun oyo and kwara have a sizeable Muslim poPulsation

That said political representation doesn’t necessarily reflect the population make up

For eg Lagos state has 75% Muslim house of Assembly members if you think 7 out of 10 yorubas in Lagos are Muslims your delusional
Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by AmuDimpka: 2:24pm On Aug 01, 2020
Osaze007:

That’s a fat lie
Lagos
Ogun
Ondo
Ekiti
Kogi Yorubas

That said political representation doesn’t necessarily reflect the population make up

For eg Lagos state has 75% Muslim house of Assembly members if you think 7 out of 10 yorubas in Lagos are Muslims your delusional
This Salah has shown that Yoruba are predominantly Muslims
Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by Osaze007: 3:08pm On Aug 01, 2020
AmuDimpka:

This Salah has shown that Yoruba are predominantly Muslims

All Yorubas celebrate salah & Xmas
Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by AmuDimpka: 3:41pm On Aug 01, 2020
Osaze007:

All Yorubas celebrate salah & Xmas
ok
Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by Ikinternational: 3:58pm On Aug 01, 2020
Yebosola:

U are hiding behind one finger with your warped analysis, u are not talking to a toddler, when has APC stopped been a supporter of APC party according to u guys? Having foothold is different from getting the presidential ticket, collapse all your PDP govt into APC, then u are good to go,stop been economical with the truth.

You just basically told me we're good enough for girlfriend just not marriage material. Thank you for that least bit of honesty. Dully noted

Maybe you don't understand well so let me repeat
Apc: either embrace us COMPLETELY or get the fuvck out
Half-stepping is not going to get your party the results they want in igboland N nobody is forcing them to be there
Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by AnanseK(m): 4:20pm On Aug 01, 2020
steppin:

If the North decides not to do rotation between the geopolitical zones, it's their business.
Here in South, its different.
Even in gubernatorial elections, its rotational for people in the same state, how much more a whole southern zone.
Your people always find a way to dishonestly turn a tide into their favour by any means.
They claim its political smartness, but its nothing, but sheer greed and dishonesty.
If your people are not careful, the North will hold on to power come 2023.

Silly how you just assume that I am from the SW.

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by Alajiki(m): 6:27pm On Aug 01, 2020
Osaze007:

That’s a fat lie
Lagos
Ogun
Ondo
Ekiti
Kogi Yorubas

Read my post again...you would gain an understanding of what I'm talking about.
Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by Tareq1105: 7:09pm On Aug 01, 2020
SeyiDominion:
Well said, sir.

But in politics, there must be negotiations and alignments.

At the end of the day, the 'smartest' will carry the day.

Baba Clark is ranting for nothing.

Let PDP produce SE president and let APC produce SW president.

That's when you will understand that presidency is about trust and acceptability by other regions.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by oyatz(m): 7:23pm On Aug 01, 2020
If both APC and PDP should zone their ticket to the S/East as you suggested, it mean only Igbo Politicians will participate in the primaries of these parties.

Have you seen any presidential primaries I Nigeria in which only members of one tribe participate?

By the way, how are you going to force the APC and the PDP not to sell presidential forms to any of their members who is not an Igbo?

Ezeama400:

Igbos are not scared to contest against anyone.. What's is good for Adamma is also good for Funke. The two major political parties should zone their tickets to Igbo land like it was done to yorubas in 1999..

This link I sent below has contradicted your opinion about Igbos interest in 2023..

Igbos in Apc are warning up as well

https://www.google.com/search?q=South+East+president+2023..+PDP+nairaland&oq=South+East+president+2023..+PDP+nairaland&aqs=chrome..69i57.23400j0j4&client=ms-android-transsion-tecno-rev1&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by oyatz(m): 7:29pm On Aug 01, 2020
The Constitution is clear on who can contest for the Presidency.

Tinubu should contest for the Presidency. He has a right to do so, he has laboured to build political structures and has his supporters.

You should support Atiku, Kwankwanso, Bode George, El-Rufai or whoseever you like.

It's a free world. Live and let's live.

MrColdsweat:
[s][/s]

Look, i don't have time for yarriba hypocrisy.

You yarribas were scared of contesting against jonathan now you open your mouths to accuse people of what you are guilty of....

Its okay to destroy the saraki dynasty in kwara but you accuse bode George of being hateful and jealous because he wants to do the same thing tinubu did in kwara state.

Atiku, saraki, orji are thieves but osibanjo and tinubu are saints.

You want tinubu to remain in the leadership of Lagos but you want the north to step down and handover leadership of Nigeria to you in 2023.

It's like you all have become so shameless and senseless that you no longer recognize simple hypocrisy.

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by executive12: 7:30pm On Aug 01, 2020
Well said Chief Clark. Don't mind the tribalist fools who will eventually plunge Nigeria into a crisis that will lead to its disintegration.
Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by Sleekfingers: 7:43pm On Aug 01, 2020
Na wa o,,,,everything na tinubu....even if there wives add too much salt to soup. Na tinubu's cause am.,,,,na tinubu say make SE dey political handicap ? Shebi dem get their party....these people matter don tire me o

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Akpabio: I Appointed Antai Into NDDC Board Because Antai Doesn't Eat Alone. / Yobe: Nigerian Army Arrests 57 boko Haram Members On Sallah / Opeyemi Falegan: UK Air Force Officer Offers To Train Amotekun Operatives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.