Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:14 AM

Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn (29481 Views)

Northern Women Protest In Abuja, Demand Referendum For South-East To Choose / IPOB Should Allow Us Bury Nnamdi Kanu’s Parents In Peace – Kinsmen / We Won’t Allow South-west Impose President On Nigeria Like 2015; Arewa Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by aviara: 8:10am On Aug 01, 2020
lekki1444:
so if everyone knows buhari is not corrupt why do i see igbos on nairaland everyday say he is a corrupt bastard ?

To the south westerners Buhari is not corrupt and then in comparison to jagaban, Buhari is a saint. Instead of Tinubu let's bring back IBB or Abacha from the dead. Tinubu's fate won't be different from those of his predecessors like Awolowo and MKO.
Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by Giverz: 8:10am On Aug 01, 2020
Ezeama400:
Tinubu is not a threat to anyone...

If Awolowo who was a Christian and loved by all yorubas could not get it despite his two attempts, is it Tinubu whom some of his people are cursing on the street will actualize such dream ?

Again,It's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of niddle than for a Muslim southerner to rule this country under this structure, the same is applicable to northern christians.. They are politically disadvantaged, it's a very sad reality we must swallow.
As for Abiola's case concerning issue of religion, Nigerians were so desperate for democracy to the extent that they were ready to accept anyone as long as democracy will be praticed. Nigerians didn't care about religion unlike what is obtainable today where average Nigerian on the street is so concious of his faith due to religious crisis that has happened in the past and the present as well..
If Tinubu is no threat to anyone , why is his name in the mouth of everyone? There are lot more in politics you don't know sir. Oga wake up!

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by alfredilly: 8:12am On Aug 01, 2020
CasNova:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/07/presidency-tinubu-others-should-allow-south-east-take-its-turn-edwin-clark/

I'm a South Westerner and I've consistently maintained that 2023 presidency will go the the south east. Nigeria won't take the path of eluding the Igbos with presidency if they want to consistently maintain a one nation. Failure to concede it to SE will send a strong message of marginalization. All the marginalization noise that Igbo have been making in the past were just baseless claim born out of desperation. The 2023 will proof if Nigeria are really Igbophobic.

I have always maintain that the secessionist movement will get a boost of Igbo presidency fail to materialize in 2023. Even a 5 years old will join the movement.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by lekki1444: 8:17am On Aug 01, 2020
aviara:

To the south westerners Buhari is not corrupt and then in comparison to jagaban, Buhari is a saint. Instead of Tinubu let's bring back IBB or Abacha from the dead. Tinubu's fate won't be different from those of his predecessors like Awolowo and MKO.
listen i dont even know what you are talking about and i dont do politics or tribalism but under tinubu lagos state has become the best state in the country. many people in the SE look at lagos state like its new york and they all immigrate to lagos state. it is tinubu that made lagos state the best state in the country. the most progressive state. that man is a genius. no man in the whole nigeria has been produced that is a strategist like tinubu. the man is a national asset and treasure to the country. and he will be immortalised in nigeria. dare i say he is the greatest nigerian of the past 50 years. that man is walking with angels. no human born of flesh can command the sphere of influence that he does. GOD is walking with that man to unveil whatever agenda he has planned for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by Kuginzi: 8:21am On Aug 01, 2020
Presidency: Tinubu, others should allow South East take its turn – Edwin Clark
The question is, "Give Southeast presidency of which country; 'Nigeria or Biafra'?

3 Likes

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by NkemChukwudi: 8:27am On Aug 01, 2020
itoba4real:
If the south east is not allowed to rule this country io 2023 then we are heading for the worst

Igbo man will NOT be the president of Nigeria! Do your worst.

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by tonquendo4u(m): 8:28am On Aug 01, 2020
myboy2111:
How can Tinubu be a threat to a whole Tribe? No wonder they shout his name everyday.

Since 1960, every tribe has been contesting every election without restrictions. It is an open field .

South Easterners should not be scared in contesting against the South Westerners.
Alaye. Agbero. Slave. We have seen you. Oya go and still acquire sense. And someone has been lording over you for 16years and u still no get say
Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by 9gerian: 8:44am On Aug 01, 2020
Sadly this foundation truth is unknown to most Igbos.

Most of them are quick to blame others for things their forerunners introduced to the foundation of Nigeria, howbeit naively.

The Yorubas that are the most sympathetic to their interest have continued to be their number 1 enemy as a result. The good thing is that is fast changing though...

Sammy07:

Their error of the past is hunting them.

3 Likes

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by wink2015(m): 8:46am On Aug 01, 2020
Austino50:
Papa Clark and go and sit down and enjoy your old age abeg

ENJOY THE WISDOM OF THE ELDER STATESMAN !

It is the only panacea to peace in Nigeria.

If them do am to yoruba people them go like am?

2 Likes

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by DiagnoPolitics: 9:17am On Aug 01, 2020
I told people that many ethno-political jingoisms and ideas started here on Nairaland.

For yoruba to become president again they must allow the SE take their turn. Gloating, insulting and mocking the East will not changing anything.

I'm proud to be in the forefront of this campaign that has now taken a life of it's own.

The yoruba should support the East to take their rightful turn as it is the only way they (yorubas) can only have theirs as they did in 1999 when the East voted yorubas too. Zoning means turn by turn and it is NOT yoruba's turn. yoruba won't be pesident in 2023, but only after they've supported other regions to take their rightful turn. Shikena!
Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by loopman: 9:21am On Aug 01, 2020
Raze001:
In the novel titled 'The Crook's Honour' which I just finished reading...a truly captivating political story by the way, a character built in Tinubu's image would eventually step aside for the Ibos to rule in 2023.

Within the novel, Nigeria took her first few progressive baby steps in becoming the pride of the world by changing and tweaking most sections in her constitution...even the name 'Nigeria' was being considered to be let go. The ethnic groups became less suspicious of each other.

While I am not an Ibo person, I only feel it should be their turn come 2023. Let's help the writer to popularise his work and thus create a better and saner Nigeria.

Nigerians will not reward the igbo strategy of abusing, insulting, ridiculing and antagonizing every other section of the country to get into power. No body is ready to take such risk of an ibo Presidency at this point in our nation

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by chiji89(m): 9:22am On Aug 01, 2020
Firstly, how many votes did the SW bring for Buhari
The only way a souther can lead this country be it Tinubu or a Southeastner is a united south.
Is PDP zones to the SE, I assure you APC will zone it's to the North and they will still win. Cos they have the numbers and will swing some states
Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by loopman: 9:23am On Aug 01, 2020
aviara:

If you believe in rotational presidency and fairness, then I expect you to join forces with the Igbo's for 2023 presidency. However, if u think they don't deserve it then the north deserves a 3rd term .

That is a worn out subtle blackmail strategy
Let the North have it for eternity if that is what you want.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by steppin: 9:25am On Aug 01, 2020
AnanseK:

You lump NW, NE and NC together and call them North when it suits you. So when is it the turn of North Central Zone and North East Zone to have the Presidency? After all SE is only one Geopolitical Zone out of six.

If you now believe that Jonathan belonged to SS only, Buhari also belongs to NW only.

So if the rotation is for 3 regions (North, West and East) , you have already had yours recently and that is Jonathan for the East.

If the rotation is for the six zones then, North East and North Central are also in the waiting list.
If the North decides not to do rotation between the geopolitical zones, it's their business.
Here in South, its different.
Even in gubernatorial elections, its rotational for people in the same state, how much more a whole southern zone.
Your people always find a way to dishonestly turn a tide into their favour by any means.
They claim its political smartness, but its nothing, but sheer greed and dishonesty.
If your people are not careful, the North will hold on to power come 2023.
Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by loopman: 9:26am On Aug 01, 2020
DiagnoPolitics:
I told people that many ethno-political jingoisms and ideas started here on Nairaland.

For yoruba to become president again they must allow the SE take their turn. Gloating, insulting and mocking the East will not changing anything.

I'm proud to be in the forefront of this campaign that has now taken a life of it's own.

The yoruba should support the East to take their rightful turn as it is the only way they (yorubas) can only have theirs as they did in 1999 when the East voted yorubas too. Zoning means turn by turn and it is NOT yoruba's turn. yoruba won't be pesident in 2023, but only after they've supported other regions to take their rightful turn. Shikena!

Nigeria is a tripod: We have North, West and East?

The North is having it turn right after East (Ebele Azikwe Jonathan)

It’s the turn of the SW.

The Igbos in the East tripod ceded their turn to Ebele Azikwe.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by loopman: 9:28am On Aug 01, 2020
steppin:

If the North decides not to do rotation between the geopolitical zones, it's their business.
Here in South, its different.
Even in gubernatorial elections, its rotational for people in the same state, how much more a whole southern zone.
Your people always find a way to dishonestly turn a tide into their favour by any means.
They claim its political smartness, but its nothing, but sheer greed and dishonesty.
If your people are not careful, the North will hold on to power come 2023.

Just like in the North, there is no micro-zoning in the South as such

Your own political leaders clearly told the yorubas in the PDP ( during the election the brought in Secondus) that there is not micro-zoning and that South is South
Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by steppin: 9:36am On Aug 01, 2020
lekki1444:
listen i dont even know what you are talking about and i dont do politics or tribalism but under tinubu lagos state has become the best state in the country. many people in the SE look at lagos state like its new york and they all immigrate to lagos state. it is tinubu that made lagos state the best state in the country. the most progressive state. that man is a genius. no man in the whole nigeria has been produced that is a strategist like tinubu. the man is a national asset and treasure to the country. and he will be immortalised in nigeria. dare i say he is the greatest nigerian of the past 50 years. that man is walking with angels. no human born of flesh can command the sphere of influence that he does. GOD is walking with that man to unveil whatever agenda he has planned for Nigeria.
Same influence that gave Buhari votes from South West?
In Lagos, he had to forcefully disenfranchise Igbos/non indigenes (with federal might) for APC to win.
What kind of weak influence is that?
Let him contest for presidency in 2023 and win, then I'll know his jazz on Yorubas has moved to a national level.
God is "walking" with him indeed.
Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by lekki1444: 9:42am On Aug 01, 2020
steppin:

Same influence that gave Buhari votes from South West?
In Lagos, he had to forcefully disenfranchise Igbos/non indigenes (with federal might) for APC to win.
What kind of weak influence is that?
Let him contest for presidency in 2023 and win, then I'll know his jazz on Yorubas has moved to a national level.
God is "walking" with him indeed.
lol his jazz is on a national level. did you not hear edwin clarke begging him to let igbos be president ? ( and edwin clarke is a smart power broker and he should know why he is making that statement begging jagaban because he knows the power the man wields ) and who put buhari in the president seat was it not jagaban ? and who removed jonathan was it not jagaban ? lmaooo that mans jazz is all over the nation cheesy
Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by steppin: 9:44am On Aug 01, 2020
loopman:

Just like in the North, there is no micro-zoning in the South as such

Your own political leaders clearly told the yorubas in the PDP ( during the election the brought in Secondus) that there is not micro-zoning and that South is South
Yeah, right.
There's no zoning in the South.
2023 is not too far.
Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by steppin: 9:51am On Aug 01, 2020
lekki1444:
lol his jazz is on a national level. did you not hear edwin clarke begging him to let igbos be president ? ( and edwin clarke is a smart power broker and he should know why he is making that statement begging jagaban because he knows the power the man wields ) and who put buhari in the president seat was it not jagaban ? and who removed jonathan was it not jagaban ? lmaooo that mans jazz is all over the nation cheesy
Tinubu did not "put" Buhari into anywhere.
It was a combined effort from foreign governments, the North and some people from the South, which includes Tinubu.
If it was him who singlehandedly removed Jonathan, why not take over then?
Why support Buhari?
Enough of the idol worship, it's irritating.
Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by loopman: 9:52am On Aug 01, 2020
steppin:

Yeah, right.
There's no zoning in the South.
2023 is not too far.

Insha Allah, we will all be here
Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by lekki1444: 9:56am On Aug 01, 2020
steppin:

Tinubu did not "put" Buhari into anywhere.
It was a combined effort from foreign governments, the North and some people from the South, which includes Tinubu.
If it was him who singlehandedly removed Jonathan, why not take over then?
Why support Buhari?
Enough of the idol worship, it's irritating.
bros even buhari and ngige will tell you that jagaban is their oga

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by DiagnoPolitics: 9:56am On Aug 01, 2020
loopman:

Nigeria is a tripod: We have North, West and East?

The North is having it turn right after East (Ebele Azikwe Jonathan)

It’s the turn of the SW.

The Igbos in the East tripod ceded their turn to Ebele Azikwe.

Like I said, argue all you want, mock all you want, wallow in your mischief all you want. The truth have been said, the campaign has taken a life of it's own and[b] the elder statesmen and other men that matters have embraced it[/b]. Yakassai, ACF, Arewa youths, and now Edwin Clark have reiterated the same point.

You yorubas are not very good with swallowing the truth, you are not realists, you are utopian simpletons who choose to romanticize with your own fallacies and deceit in the face of bitter truth. grin

The SE and SS won't accept another yoruba leader, the northern group are wary of your greed and cutting tinubu (yoruba interests to size), you don't have the numbers, where will you get your votes? grin

I'm not here to argue with your idealistic utopian proclivities, my campaign is getting to the right quarters regardless of your lamentations. That is all that matters. grin grin

There will be no yoruba president before a SE president. It is not your turn. grin grin
Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by loopman: 10:04am On Aug 01, 2020
DiagnoPolitics:

Like I said, argue all you want, mock all you want, wallow in your mischief all you want. The truth have been said, the campaign has taken a life of it's own and[b] the elder statesmen and other men that matters have embraced it[/b]. Yakassai, ACF, Arewa youths, and now Edwin Clark have reiterated the same point.

You yorubas are not very good with swallowing the truth, you are not realists, you are utopian simpletons who choose to romanticize with your own fallacies and deceit in the face of bitter truth. grin

The SE and SS won't accept another yoruba leader, the northern group are wary of your greed and cutting tinubu (yoruba interests to size), you don't have the numbers, where will you get your votes? grin

I'm not here to argue with your idealistic utopian proclivities, my campaign is getting to the right quarters regardless of your lamentations. That is all that matters. grin grin

There will be no yoruba president before a SE president. It is not your turn. grin grin

I’ve heard your lamentations

When the time comes, even you will thumb print for the APC candidate from SW or thumbprint for the PDP candidate from the North again ( your most likely option)

2023 is not far grin
Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by DiagnoPolitics: 10:06am On Aug 01, 2020
loopman:

I’ve heard your lamentations

When the time comes, even you will thumb print for the APC candidate from SW.

2023 is not far grin

The next alternative in the absence of the East, is the north. That's the resolve in th majority South (SE and SS). The SW is unfortunately the minority south as things stands. Bitter truth for you to swallow, I guess. grin
Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by MoIbrahim: 10:07am On Aug 01, 2020
this shameless old man is now talking about turn by turn. What did you say in 2011 when Jonathan took the turn of the North? You said turn by turn in the name of zoning has ended
Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by DiagnoPolitics: 10:08am On Aug 01, 2020
wink2015:

ENJOY THE WISDOM OF THE ELDER STATESMAN !

It is the only panacea to peace in Nigeria.

If them do am to yoruba people them go like am?

yorubas only cry about injustice when they are not the ones been pinched. They simply wait for you to die, so they can take what belongs to you. Very vulturistic. grin grin
Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by loopman: 10:13am On Aug 01, 2020
DiagnoPolitics:

The next alternative in the absence of the East, is the north. That's the resolve in th majority South (SE and SS). The SW is unfortunately the minority south as things stands. Bitter truth for you to swallow, I guess. grin

Please keep your alternative to your chest! We know you neither have the range nor the stamina for the long haul in politics, so don’t bother telling us your alternative. grin cheesy
Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 01, 2020
9gerian:
Sadly this foundation truth is unknown to most Igbos.

Most of them are quick to blame others for things their forerunners introduced to the foundation of Nigeria, howbeit naively.

The Yorubas that are the most sympathetic to their interest have continued to be their number 1 enemy as a result. The good thing is that is fast changing though...

Yorubas are the most oppressed tribe in Nigeria. Amosun raised a motion for the creation of South West Development Commission , it was rejected at the Senate by Senators mostly from South East and South South. Lagos is highly congested up to Satellite Towns in Ogun State.Billions of Dollars collected by NPA & Customs on Lagos waters. Aviation is still there. On Lagos Ibadan Expressway, thousands of trucks and other vehicles on 24hrs basis, yet an Aboki will get Court judgement and clear all NPA money made from Lagos Waters kept at Bank of the North since 2010.

Look at what happened to our Generals under Abacha, look at what is happening under this regime.

Yorubas only worked and cleared mess while others came to loot, enrich their kinsmen, develop their areas and put Nigeria in heavy debt.

Over $100 billion stolen under GEJ. The nomination of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala by the present government for an international position shows the present government with all the projects diverted to the North and palliative/covid-19/school feeding during lockdown deals are now satisfied having looted enough to recover wasted years of looting to GEJ people.

Yorubas have different groups and strong religious background. It is very difficult to come to a consensus on any issue. That is why election is always tough here and very difficult to predict winner until result is out. The day Yorubas come to consensus on Nigeria matter, that is the end of Nigeria, but when and how will that day come.

The Churches have built empires in South West and they don't want it to crumble, they will ask members to believe in Nigeria and pray for good leadership while the children of most GO attend the best schools abroad. MURIC works for the Caliphate because of the prosperity and expansion of Churches in South West. There are over 100 Yoruba organization with different and antagonising agendas.

How and when will Yorubas come together?

This is what I posted on another topic. Tinubu presidency has nothing to offer South West as our culture does not support cheating. Yorubawa, the Arabic names of Yoruba people are known for Justice and equity.

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by ipain: 10:54am On Aug 01, 2020
Mo3891:

*Awolowo lost or was rigged out of two elections
*Abiola won 1993 election even when Ibos voted for Northern candidate because of Ibo vice
*Olusegun Obasanjo won 1999 primaries against Alex Ekwueme, won 2003 general election against Buhari and his Ibo vice

Why are Ibos scared of contesting against Tinubu?

Point of correction, igbos voted for MKO. Osita Chidoka still has copy of the advert he ran for MKO as a student.

Make una dey suffry lie on igbos just to appear better.
Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by aviara: 10:58am On Aug 01, 2020
majamajic:
The problem is APC is zoning north !

Tinubu will form a new party before 2023

Tell them I told u !

It takes a mega party merger to oust a ruling party just as was done in 2015. So which party or region will align with to make a significant impact? This will be a dead end for his political trajectory
Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 01, 2020
Tinubu has nothing to offer South West because of our culture of equity and fairness.

The IBOs serve the IBO agenda as witnessed under Jonathan. The Hausas is well known for their Northern agenda.

To end the slavery of the South to the North, Tinubu should forget his ambition. The South should be united as an entity. Let the South comes up with a Consensus candidate.

Tinubu ambition and his parasites on nairaland are not speaking for the Yorubas. The Yorubas should forget about how IGBO people hate them with passion. They should work for the unity of the South.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Opeyemi Falegan: UK Air Force Officer Offers To Train Amotekun Operatives / I’ve Been Jobless Since 2003 - Ghali Na’abba / Buhari Scraps ‘Ministry’ Of Power - TheCable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.