Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,778 members, 7,820,717 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn (28858 Views)

Northern Women Protest In Abuja, Demand Referendum For South-East To Choose / IPOB Should Allow Us Bury Nnamdi Kanu’s Parents In Peace – Kinsmen / We Won’t Allow South-west Impose President On Nigeria Like 2015; Arewa Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by aviara: 5:30am On Aug 01, 2020
aviara:
The north want COMPETENCE as the deciding factor for selecting the next president come 2023, the south east prefer FAIRNESS, the south south prefer FAIRNESS, the south west prefer JAGBAN.
FAIRNESS have it.

By COMPETENCE the northern elite in the cabal of the current administration intends to field a northern competent candidate. For this the south west believes it not a fair deal for the north to continue in power after ruling for 8 years. The south east wants the presidency to be zoned to the south east in the spirit of FAIRNESS, the south east believe they don't deserve it. I think this is selfish and hypocritical.
Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by aviara: 5:32am On Aug 01, 2020
aviara:
The north want COMPETENCE as the deciding factor for selecting the next president come 2023, the south east prefer FAIRNESS, the south south prefer FAIRNESS, the south west prefer JAGBAN.
FAIRNESS have it.

By COMPETENCE the northern elite in the cabal of the current administration intends to field a northern competent candidate. For this the south west believes it not a fair deal for the north to continue in power after ruling for 8 years. The south east wants the presidency to be zoned to the south east in the spirit of FAIRNESS, the south west believe they don't deserve it. I think this is selfish and hypocritical.
Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by aviara: 5:44am On Aug 01, 2020
aviara:
FAIRNESS have it.

2023 presidency is either about COMPETENCE which means north can run again or its about FAIRNESS which will mean the south east should be given their turn to rule. Anything outside this arrangement can't fly
Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by AnanseK(m): 5:54am On Aug 01, 2020
steppin:

Sense is too far away from you.
You lump South East and South South together when it suits you, but when it doesn't, you remember there are only five states in the East.
Your foolishness is legendary.
Spits!

You lump NW, NE and NC together and call them North when it suits you. So when is it the turn of North Central Zone and North East Zone to have the Presidency? After all SE is only one Geopolitical Zone out of six.

If you now believe that Jonathan belonged to SS only, Buhari also belongs to NW only.

So if the rotation is for 3 regions (North, West and East) , you have already had yours recently and that is Jonathan for the East.

If the rotation is for the six zones then, North East and North Central are also in the waiting list.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by loopman: 5:57am On Aug 01, 2020
aviara:

2023 presidency is either about COMPETENCE which means north can run again or its about FAIRNESS which will mean the south east should be given their turn to rule. Anything outside this arrangement can't fly

An Ebele Azikwe just finished prior to Muhammadu Buhari, so in fairness we know whose turn it should be

2 Likes

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by PropertyBuying(f): 6:07am On Aug 01, 2020
The political game is always playing or among these so called elder statesmen.
Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by nnamdi640: 6:11am On Aug 01, 2020
LegendHero:
Sir Edwin Clark, the SE already said they are voting enmasse for a Northerner in PDP by 2023.

Please don’t cry more than the bereaved sir and leave Asiwaju out of this.
Abeg tell me where the agreement was reached,if you can't, then you must be a liar.
Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by zombieTRACKER: 6:11am On Aug 01, 2020
LegendHero:

Lol. He’s not God but he could be instrumental to the success of an Igbo presidency if the necessary alliance could be forged.

Tinubu has a lot of tentacles and he is greater than any Ibo politician.

We dont want alliancee ..
He should please get the Apc ticket
As per being greater .. Its all about corrupt deep pockets
I think hes the richest politician down south
His grip on lagos since 1999...cant be overlooked
He has milked the state with alacrity
A state richer than most African countries......

So APc should present him in 2023...
Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by Obiobidgbo14: 6:36am On Aug 01, 2020
Mo3891:

*Awolowo lost or was rigged out of two elections
*Abiola won 1993 election even when Ibos voted for Northern candidate because of Ibo vice
*Olusegun Obasanjo won 1999 primaries against Alex Ekwueme, won 2003 general election against Buhari and his Ibo vice

Why are Ibos scared of contesting against Tinubu?

My friend don't be too bold,God gives power to whomever he wishes.Igbos have many many good heads that can save this country until that time the country will remain backward.
Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by oruma19: 6:37am On Aug 01, 2020
A Briton once told me that Blackman doesn't have intellect. I fought and threatened him for such utterance. Today, I am struggling to disbelieve that word. An old man like Edwin clerk who himself is a thief like Tinubu is talking about presidency of 2023 and I v not heard him make a comment about the rot in nddc yet. Who to a nation where their elders are fools.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by Mo3891: 6:43am On Aug 01, 2020
Obiobidgbo14:

My friend don't be too bold,God gives power to whomever he wishes.Igbos have many many good heads that can save this country until that time the country will remain backward.

All the 300 tribes in Nigeria has people with "good heads" that can uplift Nigeria and with or without Ibo only God controls the destiny of Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by kcnwaigbo: 6:48am On Aug 01, 2020
NGpatriot:
Yesterday,Tinubu was a demystified nobody, but today, he's somebody because you now acknowledge his power as the only powerful force in nigeria to beg for your political survival.

grin grin grin
Lol only powerful force in Nigeria? You are joking right?
Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by Alajiki(m): 6:48am On Aug 01, 2020
SaintBeehot:
There's no SW Muslim or Christian we're all southwesterners (Yoruba brothers and sisters , omoluabi, Odudua children) don't let those fools cause confusion here.

I agree with you bro. I shouldn't have even replied him. Thanks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by larryops(m): 6:52am On Aug 01, 2020
It is amazing that baba Edwin had found his voice back seen Tinubu as threat, with all the alleged corruption and mismanagement of fund in NDDC he and other refused to alter a word. The should organise and bring forth a strong politician instead of seen somebody as threat.

3 Likes

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by Freebills12: 7:05am On Aug 01, 2020
[color=#000099][/color]
omenka:
Can somebody in VERY SIMPLE ENGLISH, explain to me how Tinubu, an INDIVIDUAL, is stopping AN ENTIRE ZONE from achieving their aspirations?

Remember, Tinubu is a private citizen holding no elective or appointed position, just like Clerk.

If anything, I think Clerk just insulted the South East.

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW OJUKWU AN INDIVIDUAL LED THE WHOLE COUNTRY TO A CIVIL WAR, SPEECHES ARE FREE.
Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by orisa37: 7:07am On Aug 01, 2020
After Restructuring.
Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by aviara: 7:18am On Aug 01, 2020
Mamman Daura a few days ago posited that zoning should be shelved for competency.
The best case scenarios for 2023:

1. Competence: then north will run
2. Fairness: then south east should run
3. Input in APC: then south west should run
Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by fawaban(m): 7:18am On Aug 01, 2020
Is Tinubu the one deciding Nigeria fate ni,didn't understand
Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by authority2006(m): 7:24am On Aug 01, 2020
Hellraiser77:
Your permutations are Flawed, Both parties fielding an Igbo candidate doesn't mean only Igbos will vote, If APC and PDP fields an Igbo candidate Northern and western voters will likely swing towards APC, even though Igbo votes will be divided but APC will still win.....About Igbos voting against ojukwu, Ojukwu had no chances cos it was clear he stood little chance given the political climate when he contested.....Igbos are very unlikely to vote against an Igbo candidate in a major party in this current political climate

APC stakeholders will be stupid and foolish to zone their presidential ticket to SE. You guys hate APC with passion, the elections results and your attitude here have proved everything. Imagine APC recording 10,000 votes for Buhari in Enugu state when PDP candidate was even another Fulani man!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by authority2006(m): 7:27am On Aug 01, 2020
Freebills12:
[color=#000099][/color]

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW OJUKWU AN INDIVIDUAL LED THE WHOLE COUNTRY TO A CIVIL WAR, SPEECHES ARE FREE.

Because he did. And if the story you read wasn't clear enough, I'm sure you witnessed that of Nnamdi Kanu. He almost did same thing with many youth sacrificed their lives
Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by QuotaSystem: 7:28am On Aug 01, 2020
aviara:
Mamman Daura a few days ago posited that zoning should be shelved for competency.
The best case scenarios for 2023:

1. Competence: then north will run
2. Fairness: then south east should run
3. Input in APC: then south west should run

You're just speaking dogon turanchi...

SE will never get the APC ticket come hell or highwater. This is as sure as sunset, I will not even go into your chances in a national election.

1) Nnamdi Kanu/Ipob and his acid tongued followers ensures so.

2) Lack of political strategy, voting strategy and national lack of goodwill ensures so.

3) Hatred and rejection of the party by the SE, worsened by lack of significant stake & influence in the winning party ensures so.

Focus your time and energy with sense instead of building castles in the air.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by Reofellar: 7:32am On Aug 01, 2020
Ezeama400:

Igbos are not scared to contest against anyone.. What's is good for Adamma is also good for Funke. The two major political parties should zone their tickets to Igbo land like it was done to yorubas in 1999..

This link I sent below has contradicted your opinion about Igbos interest in 2023..

Igbos in Apc are warning up as well

https://www.google.com/search?q=South+East+president+2023..+PDP+nairaland&oq=South+East+president+2023..+PDP+nairaland&aqs=chrome..69i57.23400j0j4&client=ms-android-transsion-tecno-rev1&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8
The Presidency was not zoned to the South West but to the South.Alex Ekwueme contested against Obasanjo in 1999 & 2003.Moreover,has the Ibos abandoned their Biafla or Death agitations?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by Reofellar: 7:40am On Aug 01, 2020
Onlinesmart:
Nyanmiris want to be president in a country they call a zoo? The most confused tribe on earth is igbo tribe. They don't even know what they want themselves. They so so confused to be honest. You want the people you've degraded with all sorts of names to vote your flat skull into power? You're all clowns over there in that your erosion ravaged tiny region. Wonders shall never end.
Have they now abandoned their Biafla or Death agitations or is it no lefelendum no erection agitations.These people are confused lot.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by erinalex: 7:43am On Aug 01, 2020
Reofellar:
The Presidency was not zoned to the South West but to the South.Alex Ekwueme contested against Obasanjo in 1999 & 2003.Moreover,has the Ibos abandoned their Biafla or Death agitations?

When did Edwin Clark became Ibo Spokeman ?

And more importantly, I want the ibos to clarify to us, What exactly they want....

Is it Biafra Or Nigerian Presidency ?

Because more often than not, they present themselves as a Confused entity.

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by lexy2014: 7:43am On Aug 01, 2020
Karlifate:
Edwin Clark is now the new thorn in Tinubu's flesh.

How is that?
Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by lekki1444: 7:49am On Aug 01, 2020
aviara:
South west want the north to stick to the arrangement between the north and south in the spirit of fairness but the same south doesn't want the south east to be given the opportunity to be the region to produce the president in 2023. This is super hypocrisy.
Well, if the south west won't give the south east a chance this time around then the north should go for a third term.
So you will rather be ruled by buhari than to be ruled by jagaban ? which kind pesin you be sef ? walahi talahi i choose jagaban over buhari cheesy

1 Like

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by aviara: 7:54am On Aug 01, 2020
QuotaSystem:

You're just speaking dogon turanchi...

SE will never get the APC ticket come hell or highwater. This is as sure as sunset, I will not even go into your chances in a national election.

1) Nnamdi Kanu/Ipob and his acid tongued followers ensures so.

2)Lack of political strategy, voting strategy, and national lack of goodwill ensures so.

3) Hatred and rejection of the party by the SE, worsened by lack of significant stake & influence in the winning party ensures so.

Focus your time and energy with sense instead of building castles in the air.

The north understands the division in the south and wants to exploit it to remain in power.
Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by aviara: 7:57am On Aug 01, 2020
lekki1444:
So you will rather be ruled by buhari than to be ruled by jagaban ? which kind pesin you be sef ? walahi talahi i choose jagaban over buhari cheesy

Everyone knows Buhari is not corrupt even jagaban himself said so and marketed him to Nigerians. In contrast, everyone knows jagaban is a criminal who has pocketed Lagos state and continues to milk it dry. So jagaban is a No No for me
Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by Raze001: 7:59am On Aug 01, 2020
In the novel titled 'The Crook's Honour' which I just finished reading...a truly captivating political story by the way, a character built in Tinubu's image would eventually step aside for the Ibos to rule in 2023.

Within the novel, Nigeria took her first few progressive baby steps in becoming the pride of the world by changing and tweaking most sections in her constitution...even the name 'Nigeria' was being considered to be let go. The ethnic groups became less suspicious of each other.

While I am not an Ibo person, I only feel it should be their turn come 2023. Let's help the writer to popularise his work and thus create a better and saner Nigeria.
Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by aviara: 8:00am On Aug 01, 2020
erinalex:

When did Edwin Clark became Ibo Spokeman ?

And more importantly, I want the ibos to clarify to us, What exactly they want....

Is it Biafra Or Nigerian Presidency ?

Because more often than not, they present themselves as a Confused entity.

If you believe in rotational presidency and fairness, then I expect you to join forces with the Igbo's for 2023 presidency. However, if u think they don't deserve it then the north deserves a 3rd term.
Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by alfredilly: 8:04am On Aug 01, 2020
Ezeama400:
Tinubu is not a threat to anyone...

If Awolowo who was a Christian and loved by all yorubas could not get it despite his two attempts, is it Tinubu whom some of his people are cursing on the street will actualize such dream ?

Again,It's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of niddle than for a Muslim southerner to rule this country under this structure, the same is applicable to northern christians.. They are politically disadvantaged, it's a very sad reality we must swallow.
As for Abiola's case concerning issue of religion, Nigerians were so desperate for democracy to the extent that they were ready to accept anyone as long as democracy will be praticed. Nigerians didn't care about religion unlike what is obtainable today where average Nigerian on the street is so concious of his faith due to religious crisis that has happened in the past and the present as well..

Your analysis is replete with logical flaws and I cringe at your superficial generalization. First you said it is difficult for a muslim southerner to rule Nigeria. May I tell you that southwest don't see religion as a factor that differentiate them. The Muslim and Christian live in peaceful coexistence and intermarry. The south souther are ready to go for anything with federal character and SE abstinence or apathy most time does not determine the outcome of Nigerian election.

Your Awolowo comparison is another error in you analysis. Yes, Awo was much loved by his people but the political mood in Nigeria then tended towards an ethnic interest. Awo however was gradually finding his way into region beyond his territory and in 1979 election, he won the northern state of Gongola but the general result was a much disputable one till date.

I'm not here to defend Tinubu and I doubt if the man himself is interested in 2023 election.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency: Edwin Clark Says Tinubu Should Allow South East To Take Its Turn by lekki1444: 8:05am On Aug 01, 2020
aviara:

Everyone knows Buhari is not corrupt even jagaban himself said so and marketed him to Nigerians. In contrast, everyone knows jagaban is a criminal who has pocketed Lagos state and continues to milk it dry. So jagaban is a No No for me
so if everyone knows buhari is not corrupt why do i see igbos on nairaland everyday say he is a corrupt bastard ?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Ajayi Boroffice Steps Down For Tinubu (APC Presidential Primary) / Hameed Ali Orders Customs Officers To Declare Assets In 14 Days / Buhari Declines Assent To Five More Bills - Thisday Newspaper

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.