Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,706 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. (3480 Views)

Is Easter A Pagan Holiday? / Don't Let Anyone Lie To You That Christmas Is A Pagan Festival / Daddy Freeze: Celebrating Christmas, Is Celebrating A Pagan God's Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by MuttleyLaff: 1:19am On Aug 03, 2020
donnie:
Looking at them... witches digging up whatever it is they can find. REPENT.

I closed a thriving pork business and turned a catfish farm into a tilapia farm as soon as I came into the truth.

SHAME!!! Look for something else. grin
Dont worry, be ready to be singing a different and new tune, as soon as you come into the next absolute truth grin grin grin

There is no shame in turning back once you found you've been on the wrong path. Truth is the daughter of time, and I feel no shame in being her midwife.
Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by khia: 1:36am On Aug 03, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
I will re-ask the question. Biblically speaking, where, traditionally, is the Passover meant to be celebrated? (i.e. location, the particular place et cetera)

Traditionally in Israel.
Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by MuttleyLaff: 1:39am On Aug 03, 2020
khia:
Traditionally in Israel.
Where specifically in Israel?
Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by donnie(m): 1:47am On Aug 03, 2020
khia:

Traditionally in Israel.

It should be kept forever, throughout the generations of the children of Israel wherever they are. That our people may remember how YAHUAH delivered our fathers with a mighty hand and great judgements. They were not in Israel when they ate the first PASSOVER and when they got to the land, they still kept the passover.

Exodus 12

24 And you shall observe this thing as an ordinance for you and your sons forever. 25It will come to pass when you come to the land which the Lord will give you, just as He promised, that you shall keep this service. 26And it shall be, when your children say to you, ‘What do you mean by this service?’ 27that you shall say, ‘It is the Passover sacrifice of the Lord, who passed over the houses of the children of Israel in Egypt when He struck the Egyptians and delivered our households.
Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by MuttleyLaff: 1:52am On Aug 03, 2020
donnie:
It should be kept forever, throughout the generations of the children of Israel wherever they are. That our people may remember how YAHUAH delivered our fathers with a mighty hand and great judgements.

Exodus 12
24 And you shall observe this thing as an ordinance for you and your sons forever.
25It will come to pass when you come to the land which the Lord will give you, just as He promised, that you shall keep this service.
26And it shall be, when your children say to you, ‘What do you mean by this service?’
27that you shall say, ‘It is the Passover sacrifice of the Lord, who passed over the houses of the children of Israel in Egypt when He struck the Egyptians and delivered our households.
Baba, just go and sleep, stop doing vigil, exerting that tired upstairs of yours.
Simple, easy, direct and straightforward question, that requires just a word as an answer, you fake arse Israelites cant come up with the answer except doing proof-texting upandan the thread. Smh. Mtcheew. If its about identity theft now, you'll be full of beans
Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by khia: 1:56am On Aug 03, 2020
donnie:

It should be kept forever, throughout the generations of the children of Israel wherever they are. That our people may remember how YAHUAH delivered our fathers with a mighty hand and great judgements. They were not in Israel when they ate the first PASSOVER and when they got to the land, they still kept the passover.

Exodus 12

24 And you shall observe this thing as an ordinance for you and your sons forever. 25It will come to pass when you come to the land which the Lord will give you, just as He promised, that you shall keep this service. 26And it shall be, when your children say to you, ‘What do you mean by this service?’ 27that you shall say, ‘It is the Passover sacrifice of the Lord, who passed over the houses of the children of Israel in Egypt when He struck the Egyptians and delivered our households.

When I said Israel I was talking about the people. Where is Israel the country?
Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by MuttleyLaff: 1:58am On Aug 03, 2020
khia:

donnie:
In answer to MuttleyLaff?

[img]https://s1/images/MuttAmin.gif[/img]
Look at both Mr & Mrs. Smh.
Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by donnie(m): 2:00am On Aug 03, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Baba, just go and sleep, stop doing vigil, exerting that tired upstairs of yours.

I don't need to work my upstairs for something that is Truth and a part of me. It's you I pity, having to run upandan putting down all those lengthy posts filled with lies in order to challenge the obvious truth.
Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by donnie(m): 2:03am On Aug 03, 2020
khia:

In answer to MuttleyLaff?

MuttleyLaff:
I will re-ask the question. Biblically speaking, where, traditionally, is the Passover meant to be celebrated? (i.e. location, the particular place et cetera)
Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by khia: 2:04am On Aug 03, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

[img]https://s1/images/MuttAmin.gif[/img]
Look at both Mr & Mrs. Smh.

Where is Israel the country,. and what were Africans before the white man called you African after himself?
Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by MuttleyLaff: 2:16am On Aug 03, 2020
donnie:
I don't need to work my upstairs for something that is Truth and a part of me. It's you I pity, having to run upandan putting down all those lengthy posts filled with lies in order to challenge the obvious truth.
Save the pity for yourself, because you sure do need it more than I do.

You are just like Pontius Pilate, who doesnt know what truth is. Do you understand the difference between invention and discovery? A discovery is about obvious truth, while an invention, is like you a black skinned African arrogating yourself for an olive skinned/yellow skinned/ reddish-brown skinned true born real McCoy physical Israelite/Hebrew/Jew, an obvious lie, a created fiction, fantasy manufactured by you.

What is the obvious truth I am alleged to have challenged, hmm? I am still waiting for the answer to the question, you and khia are busy fumbling with. The question again, is biblically speaking, where, traditionally, is the Passover meant to be celebrated? (i.e. location, the particular place et cetera)
Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by MuttleyLaff: 2:23am On Aug 03, 2020
khia:
Where is Israel the country,. and what were Africans before the white man called you African after himself?
Smh, I cant believe you attempting to do a gaffe with this poor history student " the white man called you African after himself" line.

What white man called the continent Africa and/or African(s) after himself? What is his name? angry angry angry
Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by donnie(m): 2:34am On Aug 03, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
[s]Save the pity for yourself, because you sure do need it more than I do.

You are just like Pontius Pilate, who doesnt know what truth is. Do you understand the difference between invention and discovery? A discovery is about obvious truth, while an invention, is like you a black skinned African arrogating yourself for an olive skinned/yellow skinned/ reddish-brown skinned true born real McCoy physical Israelite/Hebrew/Jew, an obvious lie, a created fiction, fantasy manufactured by you.

What is the obvious truth I am alleged to have challenged, hmm? I am still waiting for the answer to the question, you and khia are busy fumbling with.[/s] The question again, is biblically speaking, where, traditionally, is the Passover meant to be celebrated? (i.e. location, the particular place et cetera)

Wherever the children of Israel are. Period.

1 Like

Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by MuttleyLaff: 2:44am On Aug 03, 2020
donnie:
[s]Wherever the children of Israel are. Period[/s].
X -10/10 FAIL

Olodo nla rapata upon ten
Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by jamesid29(m): 2:46am On Aug 03, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

I find it weird that even after correcting the historicity of your beliefs on the Christmas date and Constantine, you're still comfortable using it(though this time it seems it's for a good cause).

Anyway,it is well. I'll leave you guys to it then.
Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by khia: 2:50am On Aug 03, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Smh, I cant believe you attempting to do a gaffe with this poor history student " the white man called you African after himself" line.

What white man called the continent Africa and/or African(s) after himself? What is his name? angry angry angry

Answer the questions.
Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by MuttleyLaff: 2:54am On Aug 03, 2020
khia:
Answer the questions.
There is no answer to your ill thought out question. As far as history is concerned, no white man called the continent Africa and/or African(s) after himself.

Now since you are bent on sticking to your gaffe with this poor history student " the white man called you African after himself" line, what white man called the continent Africa and/or African(s) after himself? What is his name?
Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by khia: 3:00am On Aug 03, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
There is no answer to your ill thought out question. As far as history is concerned, no white man called the continent Africa and/or African(s) after himself.
The question is, Where is the country called Israel?
Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by MuttleyLaff: 3:05am On Aug 03, 2020
jamesid29:
I find it weird [s]that even after correcting the historicity of[/s] your beliefs on the Christmas date and Constantine, you're still comfortable using it (though this time it seems it's for a good cause).

Anyway, it is well. I'll leave you guys to it then.
Its weirder you allowed id get the better of you. If you read the bible well and good enough, you'll get the insight He was born circa the month of September/October

jamesid29:
....For me I like to play such datings safe hence my go to answer being "it's unclear"... but if someone is persistent and just wants a best guess date, I'll say the most likely dating is September with the information we have today but I will still butress my statement with "that's the best answer we have with the assumptions we make currently"
But If you sir are convinced totally with the September dating, that's also fine as either way doesn't touch on the tenets of faith or doctrine.
Edited

jamesid29:
Edited out. Realized that what I wrote here would take us down another path. Sorry about that.

Enjoy your holidays sir
Considerable time has passed enough for you to brush up on any truth decay by now. You were tentative as can be seen from the above reproduced immediate two mention extracts, if you now are certain, kindly then revisit the thread so we roll on from last rendezvous
Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by MuttleyLaff: 3:10am On Aug 03, 2020
khia:
The question is, Where is the country called Israel?
The country called Israel is in the Mediterranean Sea region aka Levant region. Now enough of your evasion and/or dodging-the-question games. Are you going to tell:
1/ Biblically speaking, where, traditionally, in Israel, is the Passover meant to be celebrated? (i.e. location, the particular place et cetera)
2/ What white man called the continent Africa and/or African(s) after himself? What is his name?
Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by khia: 4:11am On Aug 03, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
The country called Israel is in the Mediterranean Sea region aka Levant region. Now enough of your evasion and/or dodging-the-question games. Are you going to tell:
1/ Biblically speaking, where, traditionally, in Israel, is the Passover meant to be celebrated? (i.e. location, the particular place et cetera)
2/ What white man called the continent Africa and/or African(s) after himself? What is his name?

1. I already answered that question.

2. I know you want me to say Africanus, but it was the Romans.

3. Where in the Mediterranean region is the country Israel located exactly? Where is Israel? You should know this.

1 Like

Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by jamesid29(m): 4:43am On Aug 03, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

Its weirder you allowed id get the better of you. If you read the bible well and good enough, you'll get the insight He was born circa the month of September/October.
jamesid29:
....For me I like to play such datings safe hence my go to answer being "it's unclear"... but if someone is persistent and just wants a best guess date, I'll say the most likely dating is September with the information we have today but I will still butress my statement with "that's the best answer we have with the assumptions we make currently"
But If you sir are convinced totally with the September dating, that's also fine as either way doesn't touch on the tenets of faith or doctrine.
As you can see from what I wrote, the conversation was not about the most likely birth month of Christ based on current assumptions we make today....the conversation was about whether the 25th date itself was derived from pagan origins or independent of it and also on if Constantine was responsible for choosing the date(which is historically incorrect).
It's quite telling though, that you ignored most of what was written by me and only pasted out a very minute part of the conversation.(effectively putting it in a different context and misrepresenting what was originally meant and discussed).

jamesid29:
Edited out. Realized that what I wrote here would take us down another path. Sorry about that.

Enjoy your holidays sir..
Considerable time has passed enough for you to brush up on any truth decay by now. You were tentative as can be seen from the above reproduced immediate two mention extracts, if you now are certain, kindly then revisit the thread so we roll on from last rendezvous
That post marked as edited out was a post on how we in the 21st century usually overestimates Constantine's influence on christainity. Constantine was influential no doubt but quite a number of things being ascribed to him today by blogs and al were either before him, after him or sometimes just plainly untrue.
It was edited out that same day because like I wrote above, it would take us down a different conversation and I didn't think that was necessary.

I'm pretty sure it was you who left the thread and I just assumed you went to check up on the historicity of the things that were presented.
The thread is still open for you to present your reply on what you think is incorrect...

1 Like

Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by MuttleyLaff: 6:56am On Aug 03, 2020
khia:
1. I already answered that question.

2. I know you want me to say Africanus, but it was the Romans.

3. Where in the Mediterranean region is the country Israel located exactly? Where is Israel? You should know this.
All I want to know from you are:
You typed: ... what were Africans before the white man called you African after himself?
1/ I ask: What white man called the continent Africa and/or African(s) after himself? What is his name?

2/ Biblically speaking, where, traditionally, is the Passover meant to be celebrated? (i.e. location, the particular place et cetera)
If your answer is Israel, then according to the word of God, the Bible, where specifically in Israel?
Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by MuttleyLaff: 6:56am On Aug 03, 2020
jamesid29:
As you can see from what I wrote, the conversation was not about the most likely birth month of Christ based on current assumptions we make today....the conversation was about whether the 25th date itself was derived from pagan origins or independent of it and also on if Constantine was responsible for choosing the date(which is historically incorrect).
It's quite telling though, that you ignored most of what was written by me and only pasted out a very minute part of the conversation.(effectively putting it in a different context and misrepresenting what was originally meant and discussed).

That post marked as edited out was a post on how we in the 21st century usually overestimates Constantine's influence on christainity. Constantine was influential no doubt but quite a number of things being ascribed to him today by blogs and al were either before him, after him or sometimes just plainly untrue.
It was edited out that same day because like I wrote above, it would take us down a different conversation and I didn't think that was necessary.

I'm pretty sure it was you who left the thread and I just assumed you went to check up on the historicity of the things that were presented.
The thread is still open for you to present your reply on what you think is incorrect...
Its a pity and weirder that you've allowed "id" get the better of you. If you read the bible well and good enough, you'll get the insight that Jesus was born circa the month of September/October. Now again, I repeat that considerable time has passed enough for you to brush up on any truth decay by now. You were tentative as can be seen from the immediate two mention of you extracts reproduced above, you even said something to the effect that "you can live with my submission", so if you now are certain, I've Kindly asked you to then revisit the thread so we roll on from last rendezvous, where I'll show you from deductive reasoning using the bible how Jesus was born circa the month of September/October
Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by Mrlucky81(m): 7:21am On Aug 03, 2020
[quote author=MuttleyLaff post=92397261]There are countless believers who dont celebrate Christmas, Easter, birthdays or whatnot

Like?
Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by MuttleyLaff: 7:32am On Aug 03, 2020
Mrlucky81:
Like?
How do you mean "Like"?

It will interest you to know that none of the believers in the Bible, ever called themselves christians, never saluted or addressed each other, as christians. Just the same way, you a black skinned person wouldn't call a fellow black skinned person, a nigger
Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by khia: 8:44am On Aug 03, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
You typed: ... what were Africans before the white man called you African after himself?
1/ I ask: What white man called the continent Africa and/or African(s) after himself? What is his name?

2/ Biblically speaking, where, traditionally, is the Passover meant to be celebrated? (i.e. location, the particular place et cetera)
If your answer is Israel, then according to the word of God, the Bible, where specifically in Israel?

If you can answer the question "Where is Israel" then you will have the answer to the location. I already know but I want to see if you know.
Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by donnie(m): 8:53am On Aug 03, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

[s]2/ Biblically speaking, where, traditionally, is the Passover meant to be celebrated? (i.e. location, the particular place et cetera)
If your answer is Israel, then according to the word of God, the Bible, where specifically in Israel?[/s]

Africa is a continent housing several nations. There is no race called Africa.

And when I say nations, I don't mean countries o... Olodo.
Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by khia: 9:06am On Aug 03, 2020
donnie:

Wherever the children of Israel are. Period.

He won't understand this because he thinks Israel is a land mass.

1 Like

Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by LordReed(m): 9:07am On Aug 03, 2020
donnie:

I've seen that before. Christmas is big business and it is greatly supported by the occult. They will fight to protect it with all they've got.

I look at this the same way I look at their desperate attempt to make Vaccines the only way out of this pandemic. Anyone, including doctors who speak of a cure is vilified and they attempt to shut them down.. This is pure witchcraft they have put the whole world under.

Corona virus is said to have been found in pigs. Have you heard about any regulations or restrictions against pig sales or production? Why? The billionaires behind it of course! Pork is also well protected by the occult who desire to pollute this world, keeping it under their influence perpetually.

Funny how you go from Christmas to occult to pork. Are you going to acknowledge that your information is from a poorly sourced meme or are you going to keep up this funny tap dance?

1 Like

Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by khia: 9:18am On Aug 03, 2020
donnie:

Africa is a continent housing several nations. There is no race called Africa.

And when I say nations, I don't mean countries o... Olodo.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Christmas Was An Illegal Pagan Holiday In The US Until 1836. by jamesid29(m): 9:22am On Aug 03, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Its a pity and weirder that you've allowed "id" get the better of you. If you read the bible well and good enough, you'll get the insight that Jesus was born circa the month of September/October. Now again, I repeat that considerable time has passed enough for you to brush up on any truth decay by now. You were tentative as can be seen from the immediate two mention of you extracts reproduced above, you even said something to the effect that "you can live with my submission", so if you now are certain, I've Kindly asked you to then revisit the thread so we roll on from last rendezvous, where I'll show you from deductive reasoning using the bible how Jesus was born circa the month of September/October

smiley smiley Mr Mutt. I can see you are determined to misrepresent the whole conversation and only present the part you know we both largely agree on while intentionally leaving out the crust of the conversation which was always
jamesid29:

Maybe you should start reading from where we started and work your way down incase you want to recall what the conversation was about. (Our entire convo was 3 posts in total so it shouldn't take more than a couple of minutes).
https://www.nairaland.com/5602350/where-it-bible#85329096

Or at the very least read the entire statement I made when I briefly touched on the September dating

To your remarks about the September date as the birthday of Christ... I know of it also and I know it's the best bet calculations we have as of today but with a gun to my head, I wouldn't lay my down my life on the certainty of September as the birthday of Christ and I don't know of any body (most of whom accept the September dating) who would stake their careers on saying definitively that September is the exact month Christ was born( the answer is usually " most likely" ).
The problem is with such little information given in the scriptures and very little extra biblical account of his birth written in reliable sources, we are mostly forced to make assumptions in our calculations that can't be proven. It's like accurately calculating the creation date or when exactly the flood of noahs time happened down to the day and month. There's such little information available that it's like trying to pull water from a rock.

For me I like to play such datings safe hence my goto answer being "it's unclear"... but if someone is persistent and just wants a best guess date, I'll say the most likely dating is September with the information we have today but I will still butress my statement with "that's the best answer we have with the assumptions we make currently"
But If you sir are convinced totally with the September dating, that's also fine as either way doesn't touch on the tenets of faith or doctrine

Again this was not the bone of contention... How the date itself was arrived at and if it had its origins with Constantine or paganism was the bone of contention.

And trying to use the part I edited out about how modern people ascribe so many things to Constantine which are not factual (so we don't derail the conversation into another rabbit hole), to seem like I changed my mind and added things to the conversation after the fact when you know that is not true is something I quite frankly didn't expect from you.... but it's all good.

Like I said earlier,it is well... Atleast you guys should stop guilt tripping others with informations that are not historical and factual especially for things that don't add or remove from the major tenets of the faith.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Question For Gray Beard / 2019 Winners Personalized Prophetic Declarations. / Reach Out Nigeria 2008 With Rhapsody Of Realities Campaign!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.