Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:09 AM

Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue (14363 Views)

Soldiers, Militants Clash Claims Three In Delta - PUNCH / Ombaste/fulani Clash: Alakio Village Under Attack / 20 Killed In Renewed TIV/Fulani Clash In Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Go Down)

Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Obiagu1(m): 1:04am On Feb 11, 2011
eku_bear:

In that case, they shouldn't be angry if someone slaughters their cattle. You are feeding your cattle on someone else's money; why shouldn't someone eat your cattle for free, then?

Fair is fair, is it not?

I wouldn't kill their cattle if they were not forewarned. Killing the cattle, because they will now be treated as pests, is the only option to save the farmlands.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Adonike(m): 1:05am On Feb 11, 2011
@Abu-Maryam, I will like to have a thorough conversation with thee. Could u pls buzz me on dis line(08164374085)? Thanks.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Beaf: 1:12am On Feb 11, 2011
Abu-Maryam:

You have to look at the other side of a coin, banning them is not the solution more especially with our inept government, The truth is, the government should give them what belongs to them, grazing areas and put eyes on them, thats all!!!

What sort of joke is this? Its strange the way you think the same govt that siezes land and waterways in the ND to finance the country should turn around and hand land to Fulani herdsmen. You got jokes dude!

I say, ban the fvkers from their stone age nomadic lifestyles, give them id cards, restrict them to their states and let their state govs give the wretches land to graze. They can't keep wandering across Nigeria and killing people (even babies) like they barbaric hoards without the slightest inkling of morality and civilisation.

If any Fulani herdsman is found with cows outside his state, he should be shot like an armed robber.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by bashr4: 1:13am On Feb 11, 2011
i still wonder what the northerners  did for thier people after rulling nigeria for soo many years, their elites should combine money, buy large space of lands ,irrigate it and start grazing there, their nuissance is getting out of hand , and they keep causing accidents at night in anambra, coupled with their reckless trailer drivers that have consumed soo many lives especially that of unizik students
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by ekubear1: 1:16am On Feb 11, 2011
Beaf:

What sort of joke is this? Its strange the way you think the same govt that siezes land and waterways in the ND to finance the country should turn around and hand land to Fulani herdsmen. You got jokes dude!

I say, ban the fvkers from their stone age nomadic lifestyles, give them id cards, restrict them to their states and let their state govs give the wretches land to graze. They can't keep wandering across Nigeria and killing people (even babies) like they barbaric hoards without the slightest inkling of morality and civilisation.

If any Fulani herdsman is found with cows outside his state, he should be shot like an armed robber.

If he is found with cows even in his state, he should be shot. Or there are no farmers in Sokoto? This has nothing to do with states. This is purely property rights.

If a Fulani man wants to buy a 1000 hectare estate to wander his cattle on and graze, fine by me. At that point, it is his property, he can do whatever the fck he wants.

But even in Sokoto, you should not violate property rights.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Beaf: 1:18am On Feb 11, 2011
When a man equates the life of a cow with those of several humans, what worth is he to society?
The FG needs to view these herdsmen as a security threat, nobody knows where some of them are from (Chad, Niger, Sudan etc) and in this days of bombings, with the low cost of human life to them, they would form easy recruiting grounds for terrorism, even suicide bombing.

Nomadic herding MUST be eradicated in Nigeria.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Beaf: 1:23am On Feb 11, 2011
eku_bear:

If he is found with cows even in his state, he should be shot. Or there are no farmers in Sokoto? This has nothing to do with states. This is purely property rights.

If a Fulani man wants to buy a 1000 hectare estate to wander his cattle on and graze, fine by me. At that point, it is his property, he can do whatever the fck he wants.

But even in Sokoto, you should not violate property rights.

Property rights is one area where Nigeria is backward beyond belief. You need to read the land use act and weep for the country.
It is the duty of each and every one of us to fight for the upholding of individual property rights, it is difficult to fathom how the FG can claim to own all undeveloped land. The land use act is part of the reason for the nomadic menace from cattle rearers.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by ShangoThor(m): 1:56am On Feb 11, 2011
eku_bear:

What the hell else is there to it?

I grow food, and you eat it?

Monkey dey work, baboon dey chop?

GTFO out of there with that sh1t. If I become a farmer one day in the future and you graze your animals on my land, your animals are dead.

If you bring your Fulani boys around my property too and trespass, they will be dead too.

Simple as that.

These Tiv need to arm themselves and be ready to do battle. Trespass on property = shoot on sight.

And who is going to stop them? Which political actor would have the balls to pass into law, legislation that restricts the scope
of their cattle grazing rights? Some Nigerians are dreamers. The bottom line is the Fulani herdsmen can do whatever they want,
whenever they want. Damnnn, let's keep this real. I mean this has been a problem source that was identified a long time ago.

The only real solution would be to separate and get the Israelis in to help us build a long wall, this will stop the cattle
grazers destroying farms and prevent "babies from being butchered".

Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by ekubear1: 2:26am On Feb 11, 2011
ShangoThor:

And who is going to stop them? Which political actor would have the balls to pass into law, legislation that restricts the scope
of their cattle grazing rights? Some Nigerians are dreamers. The bottom line is the Fulani herdsmen can do whatever they want,
whenever they want. Damnnn, let's keep this real. I mean this has been a problem source that was identified a long time ago.

The only real solution would be to separate and get the Israelis in to help us build a long wall, this will stop the cattle
grazers destroying farms and prevent "babies from being butchered".

Eh, first of all stop your b1tchass red font.

Second, most of these Fulani are punks anyway. . . they can only pick on unarmed villagers. I assure you, if I ever enter that business, I will be armed to the teeth.

Whoever wants to attack me on my property, be my guest. Either you or I will die that night. . . and given how heavily armed I and my kin/employees will be, the odds won't be in your favor.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by aljharem(m): 2:34am On Feb 11, 2011
eku_bear:

Second, most of these Fulani are punks anyway. . . they can only pick on unarmed villagers. I assure you, if I ever enter that business, I will be armed to the teeth.

Whoever wants to attack me on my property, be my guest. Either you or I will die that night. . . and given how heavily armed I and my kin/employees will be, the odds won't be in your favor.

can you shut the F up

you do not know what you are talking about, fulanis set the country for development

the so called unarmed villagers were also killing fulanis angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by ShangoThor(m): 2:38am On Feb 11, 2011
eku_bear:

Hey eku_bear, don't get too excited mate, I'm just saying they do seem to be over running communities and killing all in sight
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by ekubear1: 2:39am On Feb 11, 2011
May they continue to kill Fulani, so long as Fulani do not respect property rights. Drive them out of Nigeria to wherever they originate from, if necessary.

If you respect your neighbor's land, then there will be peace. If not then there will be violence.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by otokx(m): 2:40am On Feb 11, 2011
needless waste of resources
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by ShangoThor(m): 2:50am On Feb 11, 2011
eku_bear:

May they continue to kill Fulani, so long as Fulani do not respect property rights. Drive them out of Nigeria to wherever they originate from, if necessary.

If you respect your neighbor's land, then there will be peace. If not then there will be violence.

Seriously, this has been going on for a long time now, and just killing trespassers on their land is not a long term solution.
Furthermore, farmers are not mercenaries or warriors.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by ekubear1: 2:54am On Feb 11, 2011
ShangoThor:

Seriously, this has been going on for a long time now, and just killing trespassers on their land is not a long term solution.

It's actually a great longterm solution. If you were a cattle herder and you know that if you enter state X, there is a 60% chance you won't leave with your life, would you enter that territory?

The mistake the Tiv made was not immediately killing the trespassers too. Killing the cattle is not enough.

Furthermore, farmers are not mercenaries or warriors.
If you want to farm in Nigeria, then you'd better learn how to handle a gun. Farmers here in the US at least historically knew how to handle guns because they had to deal with marauding Native Americans. Nigerian farmers had better learn to do the same.

Hire a retired military man to teach your villagers how to shoot, buy weapons and practice.

My grandpa had a hunting rifle (for bush meat) and knew how to use it. . . and this was a man whose prime was in the 60, 70s.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by ShangoThor(m): 3:01am On Feb 11, 2011
eku_bear:

It's actually a great longterm solution. If you were a cattle herder and you know that if you enter state X, there is a 60% chance you won't leave with your life, would you enter that territory?

The mistake the Tiv made was not immediately killing the trespassers too. Killing the cattle is not enough.
If you want to farm in Nigeria, then you'd better learn how to handle a gun. Farmers here in the US at least historically knew how to handle guns because they had to deal with marauding Native Americans. Nigerian farmers had better learn to do the same.

Hire a retired military man to teach your villagers how to shoot, buy weapons and practice.

My grandpa had a hunting rifle (for bush meat) and knew how to use it. . . and this was a man whose prime was in the 60, 70s.

Kewl, but I predict that this will reoccur, and in different parts of the country, and nobody is going to address the root source of the problem.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Onlytruth(m): 3:16am On Feb 11, 2011
Why is the North killing one another, while the south east is enjoying the longest known peace in Nigeria?

Answer:

Joel 3:19-21

3:19 Egypt shall be a desolation, and Edom shall be a desolate wilderness, for the violence against the children of Judah, because they have shed innocent blood in their land.

3:20 But Judah shall dwell for ever, and Jerusalem from generation to generation.

3:21 For I will cleanse their blood that I have not cleansed: for the LORD dwelleth in Zion.

cool cool cool
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by seanet02: 3:19am On Feb 11, 2011
This hausa and fulani people sef just like to see human blood everyday. Let us divide this country
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Kilode1: 3:23am On Feb 11, 2011
Beaf:

Property rights is one area where Nigeria is backward beyond belief. You need to read the land use act and weep for the country.
It is the duty of each and every one of us to fight for the upholding of individual property rights, it is difficult to fathom how the FG can claim to own all undeveloped land. The land use act is part of the reason for the nomadic menace from cattle rearers.

Exactly bro!  Land use act! One of those silly laws created by OBJ and his military "Owners of Nigeria"  friends.

One of those laws that will have to go in our quest to rescue ourselves from the hands of tyrants.

Our people need to educate themselves about these silly laws and practices. It is absolute bullc.rap, we are like serfs in our own land.

e.g When Texans find Oil on their land in the USA , they can be assured to a reasonable extent that they will benefit through direct royalties, in Nigeria, it does not matter if the oil was found in your bedroom. iirc

In Nigeria, land and resource belongs to the Federal Government or The State Government by default. They get royalties on your behalf and do whatever they please with it.  They don't need you and they don't need your property taxes, they own it all, why won't they be corrupt?

Our Niger Delta people had their land taken over by the Federal Government while they pay State Governors some silly derivation nonsense monthly. The Federal center, the state center and the Local govt determines what to do with the money they get.

It is insane how we treat ourselves, I don't even think our ancient ancestors with all their faults had silly laws like that. SMH
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by alex101(m): 3:28am On Feb 11, 2011
The desert in the sahal region of Africa is spreading rapidly to the entire northen nigeria. These fulani herdsmen will continue to seek pastures for their cattles in no other land than the south. By the time they are done with middle belt, they will further head deeper into the southern states like Ogun, Abia, Ondo, Rivers and so on. Southerners, what are you going to do then? What you are witnessing today in the middlebelt is spreading like a "jihad". These fulani herdmen are bold to fight for grazing right anywhere in nigeria because they have cornered the military and are using it (the army) to commit crimes against any who refuse them access to graze their cattle, even if it is a farmland. I remeber in Osogbo, sometime in the year 1999, some residence of an Osogbo surburb had to chase the fulani cattle rearers out of town, thank God it wasn't like what we have in the middle belt, as they left peacefully.
But as climate changes and the desert spreads, these normads might not have any choice but to stand their ground, after all it is "one nigeria" My hunch lead me to believe that with the way things are going as per grazing right, there is bound to be a serious conflict in the near future. We don't even know where these fulani cattle rearers are really from since border control is virtually non existent in "one nigeria" angry angry
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Onlytruth(m): 3:35am On Feb 11, 2011
At this stage, I think it is in order to call on Igbo and south east governors to start IMMEDIATE action to check ANY Fulani herdsmen encroachment on Igbo lands. If they don't do that, Igbo youth organizations will organize themselves into action groups or militia to check this. I'm saying this before it becomes too late. Nothing gets addressed in Nigeria. Everything is swept under the carpet until people start dying.

Looking at this issue, it has the potential to cause an all out war between the Fulanis and the rest of southern Nigerian groups.
Now, that is a fight I am doubly sure the Fulani will lose, and perhaps even lose much more than just cattle and men.

A word is enough for the wise. cool
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by alex101(m): 3:42am On Feb 11, 2011
Onlytruth:

At this stage, I think it is in order to call on Igbo and south east governors to start IMMEDIATE action to check ANY Fulani herdsmen encroachment on Igbo lands. If they don't do that, Igbo youth organizations will organize themselves into action groups or militia to check this. I'm saying this before it becomes too late. Nothing gets addressed in Nigeria. Everything is swept under the carpet until people start dying.

Looking at this issue, it has the potential to cause an all out war between the Fulanis and the rest of southern Nigerian groups.
Now, that is a fight I am doubly sure the Fulani will lose, and perhaps even lose much more than just cattle and men.

A word is enough for the wise. cool

@ the bolded, supported. I am more interested in we Ndigbo dealing ruthlessly with these punks, kind of using it as a "get back". I' hota ra' i he' no' m na obi?
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by EzeUche2(m): 4:05am On Feb 11, 2011
In all honesty, the Tiv are always fighting different groups. They fight the neighboring Jukon and now they are fighting the Fulani. However, the Tiv are an interesting people though. They have quirky habits.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by AbuMaryam1(m): 4:10am On Feb 11, 2011
Mhm !! person we no get mouth go talk, like it or leav it,  For people to have peace of mind a grazing land must be resurrected to our herdsmen, you fools had forgotten the hands that feed you how did you boast your oil you don't know you are very stupids go ask fathers,  its the same fulani's resources utilised to get where you are today in Nigeria  had you forget that ok, oil dey?? Hiss!!! Government must wake up from the slumbering before its too let, Tivs are stubborn people from day one unless you don't know
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by AbuMaryam1(m): 4:41am On Feb 11, 2011
Beaf:

whatever you call yourself beef or mutton, what if the same to be apply to any spare parts seller would u advocate the same jibe
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by TewMuch: 4:46am On Feb 11, 2011
Omo, see as this babe just dey disturb the peace with her bad grammer!!! No wonder, its because you think of yourself as a cow. Please stay in Saudi Arabia and learn something abeg. If english is too challenging that it looks like you are typing in spanish, type in fulani. English nor be your papa language. The simple solution, if you can't afford to run a business, you shouldn't run it. Buy some land and graze your cattle. Lazy people don't want to irrigate their land. Don't food crops grow there? Abegi, nor be by force to own cow. Its either you work on a farm or own the farm. Walking on the road with 100 cows, causing accidents, destroying people's livelihood, killing people and getting killed is not worth it. Soon communities will start setting up vigilante groups to kill them. Who will know? They are largely unaccounted for, so it is also for their safety.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by AbuMaryam1(m): 4:46am On Feb 11, 2011
Onlytruth:

A word is enough for the wise.  cool
And how many Fulani are their in Igbo land Do it at the detriment of spare parts sellers, Do  you think it will go like that! f.o.o.l chabagri, olodo
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by AbuMaryam1(m): 4:49am On Feb 11, 2011
TewMuch:

Omo, see as this babe just dey disturb the peace with her bad grammer!!! No wonder, its because you think of yourself as a cow. Please stay in Saudi Arabia and learn something abeg. If english is too challenging that it looks like you are typing in spanish, type in fulani. English nor be your papa language. The simple solution, if you can't afford to run a business, you shouldn't run it. Buy some land and graze your cattle. Lazy people don't want to irrigate their land. Don't food crops grow there? Abegi, nor be by force to own cow. Its either you work on a farm or own the farm. Walking on the road with 100 cows, causing accidents, destroying people's livelihood, killing people and getting killed is not worth it. Soon communities will start setting up vigilante groups to kill them. Who will know? They are largely unaccounted for, so it is also for their safety.
I wish its your papa's language, Olodo
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by aljharem(m): 4:54am On Feb 11, 2011
Abu-Maryam:

I wish its your papa's language, Olodo

you are the best kiss kiss kiss
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by AbuMaryam1(m): 4:59am On Feb 11, 2011
alj harem:

leave them Jare!!! they don't have a word peace in their language, anything that sprout they will start beating a drum of war in front of a screen!!!
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by EzeUche2(m): 5:01am On Feb 11, 2011
It is very ironic that the various Middle Belters who joined the Hausa-Fulani in their slaughter of Igbos, are now the ones being slaughtered like chickens. The irony of the turn of events.

Their chickens have come home to roost as the great Malcolm X would say.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by TewMuch: 5:03am On Feb 11, 2011
alj harem:

see as dem dey hail demselves like camel and cow. Alj harem just kissed a man.rotflmao. See desperation. My father's language? Better than yours, at least i dont speak cow.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Coup: FG To Handle Turkish Government's Request, Diplomatically / 140 Aggrieved PDP Support Groups Deny APC, Return To Atiku / Situation Report: Power Supply In Your Area

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.