Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue (14386 Views)

Soldiers, Militants Clash Claims Three In Delta - PUNCH / Ombaste/fulani Clash: Alakio Village Under Attack / 20 Killed In Renewed TIV/Fulani Clash In Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Go Down)

Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Chyz2: 9:28pm On Feb 11, 2011
sbeezy8:

[size=13pt]9 Killed As Herdsmen, Farmers Clash in Anambra[/size]

Awka — NO fewer that nine persons were feared dead in a clash between Fulani herdsmen and farmers at Umuaka-eme village in Ifite-Ogwari in Ayamelum Local Government Area of Anambra State.

The clash took place when the villagers tried to ward off the herdsmen whose cattle were grazing on their farmlands, according to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN).

Its clear that Anambra people don't take nonsense. When did this happen? Where is the source?
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by sbeezy8: 9:33pm On Feb 11, 2011
http://allafrica.com/stories/200804030093.html

it shouldnt be a thing of whether anambra people dont take ish- no one does but everyone has their own lives to live what sensible person will waste his time clashing with illiterates instead of making money?
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by AbuMaryam1(m): 9:35pm On Feb 11, 2011
sbeezy8:

[size=13pt]9 Killed As Herdsmen, Farmers Clash in Anambra[/size]

Awka — NO fewer that nine persons were feared dead in a clash between Fulani herdsmen and farmers at Umuaka-eme village in Ifite-Ogwari in Ayamelum Local Government Area of Anambra State.

The clash took place when the villagers tried to ward off the herdsmen whose cattle were grazing on their farmlands, according to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN).

Rumors are created by cowards, accepted by fools.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Chyz2: 9:37pm On Feb 11, 2011
sbeezy8:

it shouldnt be a thing of whether anambra people dont take ish- no one does but everyone has their own lives to live what sensible person will waste his time clashing with illiterates instead of making money?

The thing is crops that are destroyed are what these people use to make a living. If it is destroyed, how can they make money to live. The herdsmen do not compensate them for their loses.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by EzeUche2(m): 9:38pm On Feb 11, 2011
Well maybe I should clarify and say I haven't heard of any clashes between the Fulani and Igbos in Abia State.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by AbuMaryam1(m): 9:39pm On Feb 11, 2011
sbeezy8:

kindly check the date of the publication, u have an outdated brain that can only read outdated stories,
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by manny4life(m): 9:42pm On Feb 11, 2011
Abu-Maryam:

kindly check the date of the publication, u have an outdated brain that can only read outdated stories,

You call April 2nd, 2008 publication out of date? In the world of media, it's regarded as archived current news. If hope u understand what out-of-date means, no offense but I'm just observing.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Chyz2: 9:44pm On Feb 11, 2011
Abu-Maryam:

I have an outdated brain but you are the one who believes in an invisible man who rides a camel while holding a Quran, right. Im the crazy one though. undecided
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by sbeezy8: 9:50pm On Feb 11, 2011
[size=13pt]Herdsmen Kill 3 Farmers- cross river Jan 27 2011!!! [/size]

A clash between Fulani herdsmen and farmers, mostly youths in Asang Eniong village   in Odukpani Local Government Area of Cross River State has resulted in the death of  three of the farmers.

The herdsmen engaged the youths of the village in a fight Tuesday when the youths  told them to vacate their farmland where the herdsmen were grazing their cattle.

“We asked them to vacate the land as their cattle were destroying our crops but they  refused. Rather, they engaged us in a fight with machetes and killed three of our  members,” Etcheri Okokon, a youth leader in the village, told P.M.NEWS.

The youth leader gave the names of those killed as:  Samuel Ekanem, Ededem John and  Idarete Okon.

“The late Samuel was our youth leader.  He had seven children. He led us to meet  Alhaji Bature the head of the cattle rearers.  But when we got there Bature asked  Fulani people to attack us with machetes,” Okokon alleged.

He stated that the cattle rearers went ahead to ransack their village, causing them  to flee their homes.

He claimed that the police sent to the village did not arrest the herdsmen.

The Police Public Relations Officer, Cross River State Police Command, ASP Etim  Dickson said he was not aware of the incident.

However, another police source said eleven armed policemen have been drafted to the  place and advised the fleeing villagers to return to their homes.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by sbeezy8: 9:53pm On Feb 11, 2011
the above one is sad tho
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Chyz2: 9:54pm On Feb 11, 2011
sbeezy8:

A clash between Fulani herdsmen and farmers, mostly youths in Asang Eniong village   in Odukpani Local Government Area of Cross River State has resulted in the death of  three of the farmers.

The herdsmen engaged the youths of the village in a fight Tuesday when the youths  told them to vacate their farmland where the herdsmen were grazing their cattle.

“We asked them to vacate the land as their cattle were destroying our crops but they  refused. Rather, they engaged us in a fight with machetes and killed three of our  members,” Etcheri Okokon, a youth leader in the village, told P.M.NEWS.

The youth leader gave the names of those killed as:  Samuel Ekanem, Ededem John and  Idarete Okon.

“The late Samuel was our youth leader.  He had seven children. He led us to meet  Alhaji Bature the head of the cattle rearers.  But when we got there Bature asked  Fulani people to attack us with machetes,” Okokon alleged.

He stated that the cattle rearers went ahead to ransack their village, causing them  to flee their homes.

The Police Public Relations Officer, Cross River State Police Command, ASP Etim  Dickson said he was not aware of the incident.

However, another police source said eleven armed policemen have been drafted to the  place and advised the fleeing villagers to return to their homes.

Thanx for posting these.Obviously something needs to be done about these illiterates asap.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by manny4life(m): 9:56pm On Feb 11, 2011
sbeezy8:

A clash between Fulani herdsmen and farmers, mostly youths in Asang Eniong village in Odukpani Local Government Area of Cross River State has resulted in the death of three of the farmers.

The herdsmen engaged the youths of the village in a fight Tuesday when the youths told them to vacate their farmland where the herdsmen were grazing their cattle.

“We asked them to vacate the land as their cattle were destroying our crops but they refused. Rather, they engaged us in a fight with machetes and killed three of our members,” Etcheri Okokon, a youth leader in the village, told P.M.NEWS.

The youth leader gave the names of those killed as: Samuel Ekanem, Ededem John and Idarete Okon.

“The late Samuel was our youth leader. He had seven children. He led us to meet Alhaji Bature the head of the cattle rearers. But when we got there Bature asked Fulani people to attack us with machetes,” Okokon alleged.

He stated that the cattle rearers went ahead to ransack their village, causing them to flee their homes.

The Police Public Relations Officer, Cross River State Police Command, ASP Etim Dickson said he was not aware of the incident.

However, another police source said eleven armed policemen have been drafted to the place and advised the fleeing villagers to return to their homes.

This is just barbaric! How can the govt. allow this people to go on and on; they are becoming a nuisance. It’s about time people start taking drastic measures to avert such nonsense.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by aljharem(m): 9:57pm On Feb 11, 2011
Chyz*:

I have an outdated brain but you are the one who believes in an invisible man who rides a camel while holding a Quran, right. Im the crazy one though. undecided

you are clearly crazy as your name implies

how many camel riders with Quran have you seen angry
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Chyz2: 9:59pm On Feb 11, 2011
alj harem:

you are clearly crazy as your name implies

how many camel riders with Quran have you seen angry

Exactly that guy is invisible.You know the one you jihadist worship. wink
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by AbuMaryam1(m): 10:00pm On Feb 11, 2011
sbeezy8:

very sad indeed, if its truth.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by aljharem(m): 10:00pm On Feb 11, 2011
Chyz*:

Exactly that guy is invisible.You know the one you jihadist worship. wink
angry angry angry angry angry angry

i am angry at you angry
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by ekubear1: 10:09pm On Feb 11, 2011
This really doesn't have anything to do with religion. No reason for it to be brought up. Simply property rights. Nothing more, nothing less.

If a Christian/Atheist/Hindu Yoruba/Ijaw/Igbo steals from you, it is no different from a Muslim Fulani doing the same.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by jason123: 10:14pm On Feb 11, 2011
@ 9jaman*

I dey watch am.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by MaiSuya(m): 10:18pm On Feb 11, 2011
Oh dear! apparently the problem is lot widespread than I thot.  cry

@ Chyz hope you know its attitudes like yours that sometimes fan these crises. What on earth has religion now got to do with this issue? yeye  angry
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by sbeezy8: 10:26pm On Feb 11, 2011
religion and or ethnicity has nothing to do with it.

fulanis even may clash with hausa nupes kanuris - has to do with LAWS and enforcing them i blame government for not drawing the line

[size=13pt]Nupe, Fulani clash: Women, children flee from Niger communities [/size]

Women and children are fleeing from the Cheku, Bina and Yelwa communities in the Lapai Local Government Area of Niger State following the recent communal clashes between the Nupe and Fulani which resulted in the killing of 14 persons.

The Fulani, had in a reprisal attack on the Nupe in the three communities killed the victims, including the Chief Imam of Yelwa and burnt houses with several properties worth millions of naira destroyed.

It was gathered that three persons died at the scene of the crisis while the 11 others, including the Chief Imam died at the Lapai General Hospital as a result of injuries they sustained.
Our correspondent who visited the communities on Thursday observed the movement of women and children out of the areas in spite of the heavy presence of policemen deployed there to forestall further breakdown of law and order.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by sbeezy8: 10:27pm On Feb 11, 2011
they even killed the chief imam shocked shocked
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by ekubear1: 10:29pm On Feb 11, 2011
Abu-Maryam stupidly defended them due to ethnicity, "northern brother" bullsh1t. I hope you'll still be defending them when they r@pe and then kill you.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by EzeUche2(m): 10:38pm On Feb 11, 2011
My question for everyone is why are the Nigerian Fulani like this? I have encountered Fulani from Senegal, Sierra Leone, Guinea and Burkina Faso and they do not seem to act like this. A good friend of mine that I met at my university is a Fulani from Sierra Leone says that her people have a peaceful co-existence with the various Mende & Krio people.

Maybe it is the nomadic Fulani who have kept to the old ways, that need to be trained. I hear the urban Fulani are a totally different people in many aspects.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by aljharem(m): 10:39pm On Feb 11, 2011
sbeezy8:

religion and or ethnicity has nothing to do with it.

fulanis even may clash with hausa nupes kanuris - has to do with LAWS and enforcing them i blame government for not drawing the line

[size=13pt]Nupe, Fulani clash: Women, children flee from Niger communities [/size]

Women and children are fleeing from the Cheku, Bina and Yelwa communities in the Lapai Local Government Area of Niger State following the recent communal clashes between the Nupe and Fulani which resulted in the killing of 14 persons.

The Fulani, had in a reprisal attack on the Nupe in the three communities killed the victims, including the Chief Imam of Yelwa and burnt houses with several properties worth millions of naira destroyed.

It was gathered that three persons died at the scene of the crisis while the 11 others, including the Chief Imam died at the Lapai General Hospital as a result of injuries they sustained.
Our correspondent who visited the communities on Thursday observed the movement of women and children out of the areas in spite of the heavy presence of policemen deployed there to forestall further breakdown of law and order.

can you tell us where you are getting all this propangada from

also provide sources  angry one has to be careful with is fulani people, before you know it they will start attacking kanuri people sad
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by ikeyman00(m): 10:39pm On Feb 11, 2011
@@@@@@

these cavemen hausa fulani just dnt fit in the new world!! remember i did say that to those sons of vampires in here before

hahha we are watching !!! smelly b astards

i remember in jan 2010 i was heading to enugu from anambra state; u need to see a cattle that got lost on the high way running around; wish i was that hungry cuz the cave herdman had lost its track;

the fact ibb,sultan vampires,etc are in their numb mood got u wondering for people that had been in power till god knows

Waiting on oga sanusi comment
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by ikeyman00(m): 10:43pm On Feb 11, 2011
very sad indeed, if its truth.

like u dnt know your animal and vampires what they 're like!!

my friend do something fast plz

this has been such a reprise and hahhha wonder what that silly navfav would tell me

another joker ehh
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Abagworo(m): 10:44pm On Feb 11, 2011
EzeUche_:

Well maybe I should clarify and say I haven't heard of any clashes between the Fulani and Igbos in Abia State.

It is something worthy of note that Abia State has high population of Northerners.In Umuahia they are highly inter-married and  most of them speak Igbo.In Umuchieze,there are over 20000 northerners concentrated in a small village near Lokpanta.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by udezue(m): 10:52pm On Feb 11, 2011
CrossRivers, Anambra and Imo? Since when did these bastarrrd Fulani tribes start bring their nonsense to our domain? Look seriously its time for the civilized Igbo, Tiv, Efik, Berom to come together and workout a final solution to stop ther menace. We can't just let these ppl murder our kit and kin in cold blood.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by EzeUche2(m): 11:05pm On Feb 11, 2011
Abagworo:

It is something worthy of note that Abia State has high population of Northerners.In Umuahia they are highly inter-married and  most of them speak Igbo.In Umuchieze,there are over 20000 northerners concentrated in a small village near Lokpanta.

That is the truth. I remember talking to someone in Aba, and I thought he was Igbo, until he told me that his grandfather came from Kano. I was in a state of shock. The man spoke perfect Igbo. They can definitely blend in Igbo society.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by daphil: 11:32pm On Feb 11, 2011
"one has to be careful with is fulani people, before you know it they will start attacking kanuri people Sad"

@ Alj Harem, u are defending them instead of calling a spade a spade. We shall all hear it when the fulani herdsmen declare war on the Kanuris. No one will pity you then. cool cool
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by ekubear1: 11:36pm On Feb 11, 2011
Alj Harem, you will cower in fear like a chicken rather than defending your people, their property and lives?

These aren't robots or aliens who cannot die. They are flesh and blood like everyone else. Not even armed with bullet-proof vests or anything.

Knife, machete, and guns are the answer, not fear.

If another people who you outnumber can whip you on your own land, then you do not deserve to keep it.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by sbeezy8: 11:46pm On Feb 11, 2011
[size=13pt]Fulani/Bororo, Oke-Ogun farmers endless clash over farms [/size]

When Sunday Tribune visited Igboho in Oorelope Local Government, a certain Mr. Sidi Bakare, who called himself an indigenous Fulani gave a little insight on the tribe. When asked what difference existed between Fulani and Bororo, he said: “Fulani is like a generic name for all of us. We have three major types of Fulanis. We have the Bargus, who are regarded as indigenous Fulanis, they have been living here before the arrival of any other Fulani tribe. We also have Hausa Bororos and the real Bororos.”

A notable strain in the relationship between the Fulani/Bororo tribe and their Yoruba hosts has always manifested itself in the occupations of the two ethnic groups. The Yoruba land owners, who are mainly subsistence farmers have causes to clash with the Fulani/Bororo people, whose major occupation is cattle rearing. Countless cases have been reported of cows straying into, eating and destroying farms, which often lead the two tribes down conflict paths. These actions which have earned the Fulani/Bororo cattle rearers a bad reputation of being insensitive, callous and unsympathetic to the plights of their accommodating hosts. This and the widely-held allegations that some Fulani/Bororos are major actors in the rampant robbery cases within the region have further deepened the gulf in the relationship between the two tribes. Sunday Tribune reliably gathered that these lists of ‘sins’ have led to an inherent reservation for the Fulani/Bororo tribe among some of the Yoruba folks, while the former were also said to express same attitude towards the latter, who they regarded as too possessive.

However, the Alepata of Igboho, Oba (Dr) Johnson Oyeyiola, allayed the fears that the Fulani/Bororo tribe poses a danger to Oke Ogun, saying that there is peaceful coexistence between them. According to him, “we are living here peacefully, we cannot experience what they are having over there in Jos[size=13pt]. ” Mr Sidi Bakare, the secretary of the Fulani community in Oorelope local government also buttressed this when he said, “I was born and bred here, even my forefathers were born here. We are the inidigenous Fulani, we are living in peace with the people of the local government, we really appreciate the peaceful coexistence that exists between us and the other tribes. There is no discrimination, we are accommodated as if we are Yorubas.”[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Dasuki's Brother May Succeed Tambuwal / Miyetti Allah, Bandits Were Not Offered N100billion – Presidency / Zoning Controversy: Why APC Presidential Primary Will Be Open To All Aspirants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.