Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,030 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue (14366 Views)

Soldiers, Militants Clash Claims Three In Delta - PUNCH / Ombaste/fulani Clash: Alakio Village Under Attack / 20 Killed In Renewed TIV/Fulani Clash In Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Go Down)

Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Nobody: 2:30pm On Feb 11, 2011
Mai suya, u sound more civilised than that alj harem! A blind man can even differenciate between a farmland and a wild bush.
I agree with u that the Tiv people suld have called the fulani elders, make them see the damage they or their children have caused and demand a reasonable compensation before resulting to killing cows! Two wrongs can never make a right.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by ekubear1: 2:31pm On Feb 11, 2011
Arosa:

This is the problem with Africa we do not know how to change our old ways. nomadic activities are now outdated, it should be banned and an alternative method introduced. The Fulani herds men most learn from the west how to farm cattle's in modern way. "contemporaries Guys"  SAD.

You guys keep missing the point.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with nomadic herding.

But you cannot herd on SOMEONE ELSES property! Doing so is trespassing. And if you eat the crops on someone else's land, then you are stealing.

If you want to herd on your own 1000 hectare estate somewhere, that is your right. But on land owned by somebody else? You cannot.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by dempeople(m): 2:33pm On Feb 11, 2011
All hail one Nigeria. The great geographical fraud of the world. The gradual disintegration of this geographical fallacy is in progress.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by teskyg: 3:57pm On Feb 11, 2011
Am embarrass at some people outburst,especially Mar yam.The Fulani Herdsman threw stone first by grazing on the farms of the TIVS.There is abundant expense of land for grazing in their dried Sahel vegetation.

The Southerners are to docile and timid for my liking and it should be fire for Fire.Boko Haram thinks they have monopoly of violence.It is shocking that most Muslims criticized them openly and support them behind.The level of the attacks is a highly coordinated plan which can not be executed by the poor illiterates fundamentalist they are making us to believe are responsible for the uprising.

It is high time they are paid back in their own coin back in the South for the blood of our dear ones they have spilled in the north without reprisal attack.Sometime they forget that their dear ones are also living in our midst in the southern part of this country.Enough is Enough.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Arosa(m): 4:06pm On Feb 11, 2011
eku_bear:

You guys keep missing the point.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with nomadic herding.

But you cannot herd on SOMEONE ELSES property! Doing so is trespassing. And if you eat the crops on someone else's land, then you are stealing.

If you want to herd on your own 1000 hectare estate somewhere, that is your right. But on land owned by somebody else? You cannot.

the question is do Nigeria have enough land for grazing only, in the north.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Nobody: 4:17pm On Feb 11, 2011
Its quite unfortunate the way some members contribute on issues that has to do with human lives. The incident in Benue could happen in any part of Nigeria. Its not fair for the fulani herdsmen to have killed humans in retaliation for the killing of their cattle. The question is, why cant they spent money on their business instead of wondering about destroying peoples property.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by delegiwa(m): 4:18pm On Feb 11, 2011
alj harem:

can you please shut that your mouth

are u a tiv,.,. mumu

So it is ok to let your brothers - sorry cows eat Tiv's crops right? I lost every respect I had for youwhen I read your very first post on this and this one above.  You think it is a coincedence that it always Fulani herdsmen getting into trouble with villagers over the same thing - crops.  These guys blatantly lead these cows into farm lands and u are forgetting that the said farmlands are peoples' lives.

I do not support violence (cos I've seen enough) but I swear that if 100 of your brothers - sorry - cows get into my farmland and destroy my crops, I can assure you that there would be 100 dead cows and all the herders too.  What nonsense!  So the poor farmer should suffer because your govt didn't give you grazing land?

Come and see what we do to them in Rivers State,
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by namfav(m): 4:42pm On Feb 11, 2011
delegiwa:

So it is ok to let your brothers - sorry cows eat Tiv's crops right? I lost every respect I had for youwhen I read your very first post on this and this one above.  You think it is a coincedence that it always Fulani herdsmen getting into trouble with villagers over the same thing - crops.  These guys blatantly lead these cows into farm lands and u are forgetting that the said farmlands are peoples' lives.

I do not support violence (cos I've seen enough) but I swear that if 100 of your brothers - sorry - cows get into my farmland and destroy my crops, I can assure you that there would be 100 dead cows and all the herders too.  What nonsense!  So the poor farmer should suffer because your govt didn't give you grazing land?

Come and see what we do to them in Rivers State,

talk is cheap on the real you are big cowards
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Nobody: 4:52pm On Feb 11, 2011
i cnt bliv how some people reason at all.well i am sorry to say dis, but SEUN OSEWA needs to knw dat we've got some COWS as members in nairaland, seriously!
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Nobody: 4:55pm On Feb 11, 2011
i cnt bliv how some people reason at all.well i am sorry to say dis, but SEUN OSEWA needs to knw dat we've got some COWS as members in nairaland, seriously!
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by precy1718: 5:35pm On Feb 11, 2011
This Fulani boys should stop looking for trouble, destroying other peoples source of living because you hail from a tribe that has refused to use there common sense, are they the only group that rear livestock? NO,

Why on earth should a complete human being behave like a complete cow?

It's a pity anything goes in Naija. I am Hausa by tribe but the truth remains the truth. Peace is a key to life guys,
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by 9javoice1(m): 5:42pm On Feb 11, 2011
I realy need jason123 to come an see alj harem writeups here. i said it time and time again that these hausa and fulani's values cows more than they value other tribes in nigeria. they see us all as christmas chicken. They are in espansion till they get to the sea.

17 dead bodies found,how many is yet to discover, They even kill people they meet in the bush farming. u see! they believe they are super power in nigeria that is why many of them here (alj harem, namfav, abu-maryam) can open their mouth to defeend the evil commited by their people.

pls let southern nigerians unite and stop this hausa/fulani espansion and mayhem on innocent nigerian's.
The tiv's only dealt with those that hurt them, while the fulani's fought the whole community and kill innocent citizen's of nigeria.

What baffles me is that no hausa/fulani will ever condem the act,they will all support them just to let us know what they think about us all.
All empire later fall along the line and oneday this hausa/fulani olligarchy will end,but how deadly shall it be.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by nzeduka: 5:45pm On Feb 11, 2011
Aij haram    &  Abu-marim  duli wa ku.

Duka nku dan banza   [color=#990000][/color]

KA TUAWO NAHA  OHUND SHUN.

BOKO HARAM DISPELS.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by udezue(m): 6:15pm On Feb 11, 2011
Good Morning MiddleBelt!!!

Let them cross into Enugu with that mess and see themselves roasted alive. In the East they only go to graze on lands that not being used for farming coz they know the deal. I used to see their women walking around naked with their men and the cow. They will match into neighborhoods sef to get to bushes. Well they are seen as natural lawn mowers as long they don't go into farm lands.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Nobody: 6:21pm On Feb 11, 2011
udezue:

Let them cross into Enugu with that mess and see themselves roasted alive. In the East they only go to graze on lands that not being used for farming coz they know the deal. I used to see their women walking around unclothed with their men and the cow. They will match into neighborhoods sef to get to bushes. Well they are seen as natural lawn mowers as long they don't go into farm lands.

Never ask for what you cannot eat. Same thing una said about Igbos in Jos.

@Post

Fulanis. . . .do they ever respect their host? undecided
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by 9javoice1(m): 7:41pm On Feb 11, 2011
ILEKE IDI the answer to your question is 'NO' .
fulani/hausa can never respect their host even outside this country they are the same.
They are uneducated and inhuman.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by EzeUche2(m): 7:53pm On Feb 11, 2011
The Fulani that are present in Igboland respect their host. When I was in my village a couple years ago, Fulani herders were present in the area with their cows and there was mutual respect between us. I have no problem with them and their nomadic lifestyle, because they provide good beef.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by naijaking1: 7:54pm On Feb 11, 2011
Who doesn't know that we all work for the Hausa/Fulanis by now?
We obey the "No trespassing" signs all over the country, but the Fulani cattlemen are just above them laws shocked
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Nobody: 8:01pm On Feb 11, 2011
naijaking1:

Who doesn't know that we all work for the Hausa/Fulanis by now?
We obey the "No trespassing" signs all over the country, but the Fulani cattlemen are just above them laws shocked

True. Sometimes they leave their cows unchaperoned, trampling crops everywhere.

9ja voice:

ILEKE IDI the answer to your question is 'NO' .
fulani/hausa can never respect their host even outside this country they are the same.
They are uneducated and inhuman.
Incredible!
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by tlops(m): 8:17pm On Feb 11, 2011
Gambari pa fulani, ko le jo ninu.

can anybody translate.

what a pity, we need to find a way to re-orientate these abokis.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by manny4life(m): 8:36pm On Feb 11, 2011
That was so uncalled for; their cows trying to eat where the herdsman haven't sown.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by aljharem(m): 8:37pm On Feb 11, 2011
EzeUche_:

The Fulani that are present in Igboland respect their host. When I was in my village a couple years ago, Fulani herders were present in the area with their cows and there was mutual respect between us. I have no problem with them and their nomadic lifestyle, because they provide good beef.

thank you,,.,.,. abeg tell your southern brothers oooo
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by namfav(m): 8:53pm On Feb 11, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Never ask for what you cannot eat. Same thing una said about Igbos in Jos.

@Post

Fulanis. . . .do they ever respect their host? undecided

does nigeria belong to anyone specific? the answer is no, you cannot host us in our land (africa), we go were we want to go, according to international law you can't stop us this is our land too
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by manny4life(m): 9:00pm On Feb 11, 2011
namfav:

does nigeria belong to anyone specific? the answer is no, you cannot host us in our land (africa), we go were we want to go, according to international law you can't stop us this is our land too

huh

It is your land too, really? Have you heard of property rights?

Nigeria belongs to Nigerians (ethinic groups and diversities), and when they talked of host, regardless of where you are, so long you are a visitors, the person who entertains you is your HOST. What international Law are you trying to quote for us here? I'm sure it's your land but you would never dare and venture on someone else's land, that's trespassing. Every nation has land and property right, look it up. I'm so certain that Nigeria as developed as it is has one. If it's your land, try and trespass on Govt. property, I'm sure you would have a lot of story to tell.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Chyz2: 9:02pm On Feb 11, 2011
namfav:

Its ur land right? Try that mess in one of the Arab African countries and see if you or your cows make it out with your heads. grin
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by manny4life(m): 9:06pm On Feb 11, 2011
Chyz*:

Its your land right? Try that mess in one of the Arab African countries and see if you or your cows make it out with your heads. grin

LOL grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by sbeezy8: 9:07pm On Feb 11, 2011
EzeUche_:

udezue:

Let them cross into Enugu with that mess and see themselves roasted alive. In the East they only go to graze on lands that not being used for farming coz they know the deal. I used to see their women walking around unclothed with their men and the cow. They will match into neighborhoods sef to get to bushes. Well they are seen as natural lawn mowers as long they don't go into farm lands.

ibo have good imagination sha!!!!!

[size=13pt]Nigeria:Irete People Laud Goverment Intervention in Clash With Fulani Herdsmen[/size]Thompson Anyadike

9 November 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Owerri — PEOPLE of Umunwanlo village Irete in the Owerri West Local Government Area of Imo State have lauded the intervention of the state government following last week's clash between the people and the Fulani cattle rearers who took their feeding flock into the people's farm lands and destroyed crops worth over N1.5 million.

Speaking to the Daily Champion shortly after a security meeting convened by the special adviser to Gov. Ikedi Ohakim on security matters Chief George Egu, chairman of the Irete Community Development Union (ICDU), Mr. C.N. Metu, said his people would abide by government's decisions and would not take the laws into their own hands.
[size=13pt]According to him, government reminded the cattle rearers and owners that their areas of operation werethe Somachi Egbu road, Obinze and Okigwe, adding that the animals should be confined, and any violation of the order or any cattle found roaming inside the towns, villages would be seized and the reares or owners brought to the government house.

The lawyer maintained that his people would not take vengeance as government has genuinely intervened but regretted that similar situations have occurred severally in the past and on each occasion authorities shied away as complaints fall on deaf ears.

Meanwhile, normalcy has returned to the area but due to the damaged cassava, yam, vegetable, melon, garden eggs farms, prices of food stuffs have risen in the area as the indigenes and tenants are predominantly farmers. Also speaking, a community leader in the area Hon Chinedu Akowuba urged Imo government to find a lasting solution to the perpetually recurring problems created by the Fulani herdsmen lamenting that his people over the years have suffered terribly and have always recorded painful losses.
He regretted that most women of the area who were raped by  the cattle rearers in the past died due to one disease or the other, adding that his people are not afraid of the vandals but for the respect for the law.[/size]

Daily champion also gathered that women of the area who went to farm to discovered the herdsmen with over 200 cows inside their farm land, they ran back to inform the men and they were chased away.

Incidentally according to my source the vandals barely after 24 hours besieged the area again with over 500 cows and brandishing guns, arrows, knives and other dangerous objects and incidentally one Emmanuel was killed, Onyebuchi was badly injurred while many others were wounded during the encounter.

On whether the community seized any cow, my source said no, adding that the herdsmen flee after causing the problem.

Meanwhile, government has mandated the Seriki Hausa who owns the cattle to produce the herdsmen within four days or be held responsible.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Chyz2: 9:10pm On Feb 11, 2011
sbeezy8:

[s]ibo have good imagination sha!!!!![/s]

[size=13pt]Nigeria:Irete People Laud Goverment Intervention in Clash With Fulani Herdsmen[/size]Thompson Anyadike

9 November 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Owerri — PEOPLE of Umunwanlo village Irete in the Owerri West Local Government Area of Imo State have lauded the intervention of the state government following last week's clash between the people and the Fulani cattle rearers who took their feeding flock into the people's farm lands and destroyed crops worth over N1.5 million.

Speaking to the Daily Champion shortly after a security meeting convened by the special adviser to Gov. Ikedi Ohakim on security matters Chief George Egu, chairman of the Irete Community Development Union (ICDU), Mr. C.N. Metu, said his people would abide by government's decisions and would not take the laws into their own hands.
[size=13pt]According to him, government reminded the cattle rearers and owners that their areas of operation werethe Somachi Egbu road, Obinze and Okigwe, adding that the animals should be confined, and any violation of the order or any cattle found roaming inside the towns, villages would be seized and the reares or owners brought to the government house.

The lawyer maintained that his people would not take vengeance as government has genuinely intervened but regretted that similar situations have occurred severally in the past and on each occasion authorities shied away as complaints fall on deaf ears.

Meanwhile, normalcy has returned to the area but due to the damaged cassava, yam, vegetable, melon, garden eggs farms, prices of food stuffs have risen in the area as the indigenes and tenants are predominantly farmers. Also speaking, a community leader in the area Hon Chinedu Akowuba urged Imo government to find a lasting solution to the perpetually recurring problems created by the Fulani herdsmen lamenting that his people over the years have suffered terribly and have always recorded painful losses.
He regretted that most women of the area who were violated by  the cattle rearers in the past died due to one disease or the other, adding that his people are not afraid of the vandals but for the respect for the law.[/size]

Daily champion also gathered that women of the area who went to farm to discovered the herdsmen with over 200 cows inside their farm land, they ran back to inform the men and they were chased away.

Incidentally according to my source the vandals barely after 24 hours besieged the area again with over 500 cows and brandishing guns, arrows, knives and other dangerous objects and incidentally one Emmanuel was killed, Onyebuchi was badly injurred while many others were wounded during the encounter.

On whether the community seized any cow, my source said no, adding that the herdsmen flee after causing the problem.

Meanwhile, government has mandated the Seriki Hausa who owns the cattle to produce the herdsmen within four days or be held responsible.

Unfortunately they bring nonsense to every part of nigeria.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Nobody: 9:13pm On Feb 11, 2011
namfav:

I have missed your post, my brother. How far? cheesy

Seriously, no one is stopping you from moving around, but you need to respect the the indigence of that land. You cannot just hop in and start causing trouble. Africa is everybody's land, but that privileged should not be disrespected,
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by ekubear1: 9:14pm On Feb 11, 2011
sbeezy8:

He regretted that most women of the area who were violated by  the cattle rearers in the past died due to one disease or the other, adding that his people are not afraid of the vandals but for the respect for the law.
angry angry angry

WTF type bullsh1t is that?

"most women of the area who were violated. . . died"?  undecided

And they'll sit there and take it sitting down?

I wonder sometimes if Nigerians are human beings or docile lambs.

That someone can go to your home, steal your crops, rape your women to death and you'll sit there and take it boggles my mind.

I don't get it.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Nobody: 9:15pm On Feb 11, 2011
sbeezy8:

ibo have good imagination sha!!!!!

9 November 2009

He regretted that most women of the area who were violated by  the cattle rearers in the past died due to one disease or the other, adding that his people are not afraid of the vandals but for the respect for the law.[/size]

ROTFL!
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by sbeezy8: 9:24pm On Feb 11, 2011
[size=13pt]9 Killed As Herdsmen, Farmers Clash in Anambra[/size]

Awka — NO fewer that nine persons were feared dead in a clash between Fulani herdsmen and farmers at Umuaka-eme village in Ifite-Ogwari in Ayamelum Local Government Area of Anambra State.

The clash took place when the villagers tried to ward off the herdsmen whose cattle were grazing on their farmlands, according to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Senate: 5-year Jail Term For Randy Lecturers On The Way / Rochas Okorocha’s Statue Suddenly Turns White As He Leaves Office Amidst Jeers / Social Media Is Now A Menace, Must Be Regulated - Gbajabiamila

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.