Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,611 members, 7,813,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:22 AM

Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue (14365 Views)

Soldiers, Militants Clash Claims Three In Delta - PUNCH / Ombaste/fulani Clash: Alakio Village Under Attack / 20 Killed In Renewed TIV/Fulani Clash In Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Go Down)

Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by AbuMaryam1(m): 5:05am On Feb 11, 2011
TewMuch:

see as dem dey hail demselves like camel and cow. Alj harem just kissed a man.rotflmao. See desperation. My father's language? Better than yours, at least i dont speak cow.
Agreed you don't speak cow, but i need your candid answer. Did you speak gogoro?
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by homerac7: 5:07am On Feb 11, 2011
@ Abu Maryam,

Ur line of reasoning is so idiotic n senseless dt it is unimaginably abbysmally low for even an amoeba, less a modern human.

Re-read ur posts n see d nonsense u typed.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by alex101(m): 5:08am On Feb 11, 2011
EzeUche_:

It is very ironic that the various Middle Belters who joined the Hausa-Fulani in their slaughter of Igbos, are now the ones being slaughtered like chickens. The irony of the turn of events.

Their chickens have come home to roost as the great Malcolm X would say.

@ the bolded, you can say that again! cool
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by TewMuch: 5:09am On Feb 11, 2011
Abu-Maryam:

Agreed you don't speak cow, but i need your candid answer. Did you speak gogoro?

oh your mama language na gogoro. so you speak cow, camel and gogoro. complete animal. No wonder you have animalistic thoughts.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by AbuMaryam1(m): 5:13am On Feb 11, 2011
homerac7:

@ Abu Maryam,

your line of reasoning is so idiotic n senseless dt it is unimaginably abbysmally low for even an amoeba, less a modern human.

Re-read your posts n see d nonsense u typed.
Are you obsess with it?? Ah!!!!!
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by AbuMaryam1(m): 5:15am On Feb 11, 2011
TewMuch:

oh your mama language na gogoro. so you speak cow, camel and gogoro. complete animal. No wonder you have animalistic thoughts.
I have done with you,
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by EzeUche2(m): 5:16am On Feb 11, 2011
Any Igbos in this state should leave immediately. Let us sit back and watch the Middle Belters fight their overlords. This should be very interesting. Will the warlike Hausa-Fulani defeat the Middle Belters on their own turfs? Or will the Middle Belters continue to be a bulwark to Hausa-Fulani expansion? That is the question we must ask ourself
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by TewMuch: 5:20am On Feb 11, 2011
Abu-Maryam:

I have done with you,

ii know you have done with me, but i didnt remember donning with you. Goodnights and kisses aljharem with ur manly lips goodnights.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by AbuMaryam1(m): 5:28am On Feb 11, 2011
EzeUche_:

Any Igbos in this state should leave immediately. Let us sit back and watch the Middle Belters fight their overlords. This should be very interesting. Will the warlike Hausa-Fulani defeat the Middle Belters on their own turfs? Or will the Middle Belters continue to be a bulwark to Hausa-Fulani expansion? That is the question we must ask ourself
there is nothing like Fulani expansion as you are insinuating, both fulani and tivs belong to north, in general term they have long cordial relationship, what you are thinking shall remain in vain,
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by EzeUche2(m): 5:32am On Feb 11, 2011
Abu-Maryam:

there is nothing like Fulani expansion as you are insinuating, both fulani and tivs belong to north, in general term they have long cordial relationship, what you are thinking shall remain in vain,

Do you actually think the Tiv will allow this attack to go unpunished? I guess you haven't heard of the long running conflict between the Tiv and Jukon people. From what I am noticing of what is happening in the Middle Belt, it seems that the conflicts in that region are spreading. In all honesty, I could care less though. Let you all sort it out. It isn't my concern.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by sbeezy8: 6:47am On Feb 11, 2011
You guys are clowns has nothing to do with nigeria or biafrans TIV or middle belters this problem is WIDE SPREAD ACROSS WEST AFRICA. not even that fulani are bad the NOMADIC HERDING tribes cause problem in all countries

[size=14pt]In ghana[/size]

Menace of Fulani Herdsmen is a worry to communities in Upper West

Gwollu (U/W), Feb. 12, GNA - In the Upper West Region there is no community, village or settlement where people are not campaigning for the expulsion of Fulani herdsmen and their cattle from the Region.

Women and children are worried because they are leading a "Mickey Mouse" freedom class of life. Their social and economic activities have been curtailed. None of them can go to the bush to fetch vegetables, pick sheanuts, baobab fruits or dawadawa fruits for home consumption. The small boys can not also go for rats and other fruits that are of nutritional value to them.

Farmers are crying loud, they can no longer leave their foodstuffs in the farms. Their yams, cassava and millet that are left on their farm huts are broken into by herdsmen for their cattle to feed on. Yam and cassava mounds are destroyed and those who sow their yam seedlings get them eaten up by the cattle.

Water sources are drying up. Economic trees such as the shea have their branches slashed and the leaves used as fodder. All ant hills in the bush are eaten up by these cattle. The Fulanis add salt to water and pour it on the ant hills for the cattle to eat. Hunting has come to a halt in many of the communities in the Region.

Rape and defilement are high, threat to kill and killing farmers is equally high in the communities. Indeed the people have now become social and economic refugees on their own land, all in the good name of the Ghanaian hospitality and the Great ECOWAS Conventions.

In some of the communities one does not need to go to another community by following the old roads. There are now many paths created by these cattle leading to all communities in the Sissala West, Sissala East and Wa East Districts. The environment is completely destroyed and farmers now have to travel long distances this time round to their farms.

Madam Florence Zaato, Vice Chairperson of the Sissala Union, expressed worry about the huge environmental degradation caused by Fulani herdsmen and their cattle to the land at the annual general meeting of the union at Tumu recently.

She urged District Assemblies and Traditional Authorities to collaborate and get them out of the area to save the land for their children. She expressed unhappiness about their involvement in rape and armed robbery.

The South Sissala Tertiary Youth Association also appealed to the Chiefs of the South Sissala area and the Wa East District Assembly to expel all Fulani herdsmen from the area for degrading the land and making it unproductive.

Mr Timothy Nbenaba, President of the Association, explained that the decision to call for the expulsion of the Fulani herdsmen is to avert any future clash between the farmers in the area and the herdsmen that may consequently lead to loss of lives.

He said last year there were clashes leading to the payment of compensation by the herdsmen as a result of losses incurred by the farmers through the invasion of their farms by the herdsmen and their cattle.

At Gwollu the District Chief Executive of Sissala West, Mr Robert B. Wavei appealed to the youth to compel their chiefs and all those who had settled Fulani herdsmen and their cattle in the communities to let the herdsmen go.

He said it is disheartening for some chiefs to accept cattle from the herdsmen and to keep them in their communities and slaughter the animals to entertain their visitors.

A prominent farmer, who wants to remain anonymous, said the North would soon become a desert if the Fulani herdsmen and their cattle are not expelled.

He asked the Government to be bold to say no to the Fulani herdsmen to save the people from virtual bondage.

"After all, the Fulani herdsmen have somewhere to go but our people have nowhere to go when the land is destroyed," he said.

He said the District Assemblies should not use revenue mobilisation as an excuse to harbour the herdsmen and close their eyes to the huge destruction that they are causing to the environment.

"The land belongs to the people and they must not be made to feel as slaves on their on land," he said.
GNA
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by namfav(m): 6:56am On Feb 11, 2011
our animals are our life, you call our animals you kill part of us
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Nobody: 9:53am On Feb 11, 2011
Yes namfav & co, ur animal is ur live, but dont u think that those crops ur animals eat up are somebody's live? Hey comon be considerate, the Tivs did not kill ur animals first, u drove ur animals to eat up their livelyhood!
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by aljharem(m): 11:41am On Feb 11, 2011
cogitoErgo:

Yes namfav & co, your animal is your live, but dont u think that those crops your animals eat up are somebody's live? Hey comon be considerate, the Tivs did not kill your animals first, u drove your animals to eat up their livelyhood!

can you please shut that your mouth

are u a tiv,.,. mumu
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by aljharem(m): 11:42am On Feb 11, 2011
EzeUche_:

Do you actually think the Tiv will allow this attack to go unpunished? I guess you haven't heard of the long running conflict between the Tiv and Jukon people. From what I am noticing of what is happening in the Middle Belt, it seems that the conflicts in that region are spreading. In all honesty, I could care less though. Let you all sort it out. It isn't my concern.

so tivs will fight the hausa/fulani/kanuri

i dey laugh

ezeuche sometimes you reason like a cow
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Don333(m): 11:43am On Feb 11, 2011
I belive those fulani valued animals than human
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by aljharem(m): 11:45am On Feb 11, 2011
Don333:

I belive those fulani valued animals than human

whatever you believe is your cup of tea

how can some people kill our livestock and expect us to keep quiet

you have to be joking me angry
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by toscogee: 12:01pm On Feb 11, 2011
TIVs killed Cows

Fulanis killed Humans.
they are comparing human being and animals together hmmmmm and is it their land they are very supid hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm benue guys and ladies
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by toscogee: 12:03pm On Feb 11, 2011
TIVs killed Cows

Fulanis killed Humans.
they are comparing human being and animals together hmmmmm and is it their land they are very supid hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm benue guys and ladies sorry just take heart ooooooooooooooooo
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by joeyfire(m): 12:09pm On Feb 11, 2011
alj harem:

whatever you believe is your cup of tea

how can some people kill our livestock and expect us to keep quiet

you have to be joking me angry

So if people kill your livestock that had been destroying their means of livelihood its okay to murder them abi. Are the cows worth human lives? I  cant believe what i am reading here
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by chao: 12:24pm On Feb 11, 2011
until other tribes realize that Hausa\Fulani are sub-humans and should be treated that way, Nigeria will continue to hv crises.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by MMM2(m): 12:26pm On Feb 11, 2011
anoda hausa breed again.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Arosa(m): 12:32pm On Feb 11, 2011
This is the problem with Africa we do not know how to change our old ways. nomadic activities are now outdated, it should be banned and an alternative method introduced. The Fulani herds men most learn from the west how to farm cattle's in modern way. "contemporaries Guys"  SAD.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by namfav(m): 12:44pm On Feb 11, 2011
a tiv won't feed a fulani or hausa, why should they kill our animals, do they think they can kill our animals and after sing kumbaya with us? are they nuts
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Mortiple(m): 12:49pm On Feb 11, 2011
Ugbua ka bu ututu! ONE NIGERIA they want, ONE NIGERIA we shall be!!!!!
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by macjive01: 1:41pm On Feb 11, 2011
namfav:

a tiv won't feed a fulani or hausa, why should they kill our animals, do they think they can kill our animals and after sing kumbaya with us? are they nuts
why re supporting these rampaging fulani?
why wud they let their folk destroy anoda man's livelihood-farm stock ?

there re indeed some igbo cattle rearer in the east but they dont go about rearing their cattle along others farm land rather they put them-cattle in pen and provide grasses for them.

i think thats the way it shud be done.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 1:53pm On Feb 11, 2011
This negative and violently fatal situation (among several others you already know) are just symptoms that Nigeria is on a slow and painful journey to the grave of despair and death. In a civilized (honestly and democratically governed citizenry) society, The Government will recognize that Cattles for part of the Food Economy and provide the necessary infrastructure to sustain such an economy for cattle rearers. But this is Nigeria, the Land of Mystery and Miracles. If we can cut salaries and allowances due to our public officers, we can provide enough funds to provide grazing land in each state as well as a business model to sustain these nomads, but no, no, no, no - spending $2 billion for an unclear purpose (poverty alleviation) is priority? For your information, Economic reasons amore than political or religious are the root-cause of civil conflicts worldwide. NIGERIA when will you wake up from your drunk slumber angry
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by namfav(m): 1:54pm On Feb 11, 2011
macjive01:

why re supporting these rampaging fulani?
why wud they let their folk destroy anoda man's livelihood-farm stock ?

there re indeed some igbo cattle rearer in the east but they dont go about rearing their cattle along others farm land rather they put them-cattle in pen and provide grasses for them.

i think thats the way it shud be done.
you can't tell a cow that he should not feed on land because someone says so, we need to worry about our existance, nigeria does not belong to anyone, you kill our animals we won't sing kumbaya
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by Nobody: 2:01pm On Feb 11, 2011
alj harem, I think u r a nincompoop! Does t matter whether im tiv or fulani here, all im saying s that the barbaric fulanis suld fo once appeal to d sense of reason, move away from their uncivilised tendency towards a little civility! Cattle are precious to them, so also crops that those cattle ate up to the farmers. Sincerely, they canot try it in my place, we will skin thm alive wit their cattle.
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by poweredcom(m): 2:06pm On Feb 11, 2011
Please no body should grade a Tiv man to a fulani man, they are no relationship in terms of origin Ok, Tiv have a different origin, and Fulanis as we all know are wanderers, and nomadic, Ok,
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by MaiSuya(m): 2:07pm On Feb 11, 2011
EzeUche_:

You would like that wouldn't you, the escalation of the conflict? Really, just how pathetic can you get?  angry angry angry

Just as the article posted by sbeezy8 shows, this has nothing to do with ethnic tensions between the Tivs and Fulani.

The loss of life is regrettable--and unjustifiable--and cannot and[i] should not[/i] be equated with that of a cow.

I have to wonder though, were the herdsman aware that they were in a farmland? I assume they've been grazing their cattle in that area for quite sometime and have been living peacefully with their hosts. When indeed the owners of the land discovered the damage done, why didn't they seek to engage the herdsmen rather resort to killing their cattle? could this whole episode not have been avoided?
Re: Tiv/fulani Clash Claims 17 In Benue by ekubear1: 2:26pm On Feb 11, 2011
Mai Suya:

I have to wonder though, were the herdsman aware that they were in a farmland? I assume they've been grazing their cattle in that area for quite sometime and have been living peacefully with their hosts. When indeed the owners of the land discovered the damage done, why didn't they seek to engage the herdsmen rather resort to killing their cattle? could this whole episode not have been avoided?

If you see a big patch of corn, rice, cassava, yam, potatoes, etc, you won't realize it is someone's farmland 

Are these herders morons?

Unless they are absolute morons, then they purposefully knew they were stealing.

The farmers should beg and plead with someone not to steal from them, violate the integrity of their own land?

Hell no! If someone doesn't understand property rights, the best way to teach him is to destroy whatever he owns that has violated your land.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Senate: 5-year Jail Term For Randy Lecturers On The Way / Governor Ihedioha Pays December Salaries, Pensions / Salihu Tanko Yakasai Dumps APC.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.