Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,688 members, 7,809,604 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason (40015 Views)

My Experience While Hunting For Job / My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier / See Twelve Things You Must Experience While Going For The Nigerian Military Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by nkemdi89(f): 7:42pm On Aug 04, 2020
onuku:
What is SK?

Like weed.
Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by 10kgod(m): 7:50pm On Aug 04, 2020
Chemicalboy1:

Guy pls gimme contact.. I dey agbara ,leme go and work...to stay ouse don tire person

I also need this please.

MrOjay should please share us the contact to that menial job. it hasn't been easy staying at home.
Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by bigcee(m): 7:57pm On Aug 04, 2020
thunderbj:
"it was just like the cement compressed my head with my chest and my heart together"
Lwkmd grin

Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by sammieguze(m): 8:00pm On Aug 04, 2020
calaway:
Next time beforehand take 2 tab of panadol and again every 3hrs while the job is on. Its all u need to last a day of tedious labor and have no pains later. Do this as a gentleman.. But Ur mates u saw doing it effortlessly use tramadol or splif to tilt the odds.

That guy that saved you. Look for him and thank him.. . He is God s angel watching over you

And have kidney failure in 10 years time.
That job is one thing I cannot do abeg.
I can not come and mortgage my tomorrow because of 2000 per days job.

First time I did it, I vowed never to try that shit again in my life
Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by Yrey: 8:05pm On Aug 04, 2020
calaway:
Next time beforehand take 2 tab of panadol and again every 3hrs while the job is on. Its all u need to last a day of tedious labor and have no pains later. Do this as a gentleman.. But Ur mates u saw doing it effortlessly use tramadol or splif to tilt the odds.

That guy that saved you. Look for him and thank him.. . He is God s angel watching over you
Panadol every 3hrs.You money he will realise from the job in one year even if he becomes supervisor won't be enough to restore his liver when the liver finally packs. Be mindful of the advices you dish out

2 Likes

Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by InvertedHammer: 8:05pm On Aug 04, 2020
MrOjay1:

/
post here. Unable to access NL email.

/
Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by sujexy(m): 8:26pm On Aug 04, 2020
GboyegaD:
Pele. Hardwork pays no doubt however, you need first check whether na wetin you get power for. God go bless your hustle.
Good Afternoon Sir
Please I sent you a mail boss.
Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by AvalonSpace(m): 8:44pm On Aug 04, 2020
God has to intervene. It's such a tedious work.
Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by Craig24: 8:47pm On Aug 04, 2020
Have something to eat before resuming such odd jobs.

I remember my days working at Lekki Gardens housing estate as a helper,
It was hell.

Thank God we CONTENTEDLY self-employed today, Boss of our own craft.

The Paper has no value in our society today!
Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by donPhill(m): 8:49pm On Aug 04, 2020
like this so na rest from today hustle i de do now, body de pain me scatter! i do am sotey guardian news capture me! work no de country after sch, guyman gats chop...

i go share the link to the guardian page, abeg i de open to any job opportunity, help a brother
Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by maak400: 8:54pm On Aug 04, 2020
@MrOjay1 send me a pm let’s talk
Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by thunderbj: 8:56pm On Aug 04, 2020
Squillaci:

Just 3 bags?
Oboy go gym o.
see bro oh so you thought I was just idled after carrying those first two bags? Baba no be by gym oh unless if you dey gym your neck too
Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by thunderbj: 8:58pm On Aug 04, 2020
ORIAYO70:

Pls no kee person with laff....

Mansion job is the most energy exerting job

I remembered when I Took my friend Chinedu to work, he thought is about body physique alone, but it ended in tears until I called on Aboki.
The experienced wasn't funny to me eh,I wanted to even dash them the money and runaway before I land in the hospital... you're right no be by physique at all,na that work dey use person past ,present and future energy in a single day
Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by neutral2000: 9:05pm On Aug 04, 2020
Sorry pal
Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by phorget(m): 9:13pm On Aug 04, 2020
MrOjay1:
Last friday evening, my friend in the hood called me on phone to inform me of a job opening in an ongoing construction site somewhere around Agbara (Lagos).

He told me the pay is 2,300 per day depending on if you were able to finish the day's job.

I told him i was interested (no choice for a broke man) and asked him when we are to leave for the place. He said we'll leave for Agbara the next day early in the morning to get there on time and start with others.

'No wahala', I said.

We set off the next morning and got there before 7 or thereabouts. When the supervisor saw me said, 'oboy as you dey lenge lenge (slim) like this, you sure say you go fit do this kind work so??'

I told him i could. Shey no be my mates dey do am?

I started the work which was carrying mixed concrete and sand up into the second floor of the building.

The work no easy o. I wan die true to God but i just chinned up and continued. I worked like this till afternoon.

My body was telling me to stop but i continued being that i wanted my full pay for the day then something happened.

As i was climbing up the scaffolded stairs, my limbs had become weak and my eyes dazed, i had no energy left again to climb up to the second floor so while trying to muster up energy as i climbed, I mis-stepped my footings and was about falling off the stairs down to the ground laden with bamboo, nails, stones and co far below but was saved by the hand of another worker coming up the stairs behind me. He had already noticed my fatigue and signs of faint feeling.

My headpan had already crashed down the ground.

I wonder what would have happened to me. Probably would have died.

The supervisor heard of it and was furious, lambasting me saying,' shebi i tell you say you no fit do this work? Na so you for put me for trouble.Oya dey go house now now, he said as he put his hands in his pocket and brought out 1400 as my payment.

I protested and demanded my full payment but he wasn't listening and was threatening to call the police.

I left the place, went home and used half the money to treat the sprain and pains i was feeling all over my body.

Hmmmmm!
Even after working your heart out in other to earn just #2300 only, some girls will still call to demand an urgent 2k from you.
May God continue to bless all hustlers out there and may those ladies that won't needing urgent 2k continue to receive more sense so that they'll realize that money ain't easy to come by.
Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by ThatFairGuy: 9:14pm On Aug 04, 2020
MrOjay1:
Last friday evening, my friend in the hood called me on phone to inform me of a job opening in an ongoing construction site somewhere around Agbara (Lagos).

He told me the pay is 2,300 per day depending on if you were able to finish the day's job.

I told him i was interested (no choice for a broke man) and asked him when we are to leave for the place. He said we'll leave for Agbara the next day early in the morning to get there on time and start with others.

'No wahala', I said.

We set off the next morning and got there before 7 or thereabouts. When the supervisor saw me said, 'oboy as you dey lenge lenge (slim) like this, you sure say you go fit do this kind work so??'

I started the work which was carrying mixed concrete and sand up into the second floor of the building.

The work no easy o. I wan die true to God but i just chinned up and continued. I worked like this till afternoon.

My body was telling me to stop but i continued being that i wanted my full pay for the day then something happened.

As i was climbing up the scaffolded stairs, my limbs had become weak and my eyes dazed, i had no energy left again to climb up to the second floor so while trying to muster up energy as i climbed, I mis-stepped my footings and was about falling off the stairs down to the ground laden with bamboo, nails, stones and co far below but was saved by the hand of another worker coming up the stairs behind me. He had already noticed my fatigue and signs of faint feeling.

The supervisor heard of it and was furious, lambasting me saying,' shebi i tell you say you no fit do this work? Na so you for put me for trouble.Oya dey go house now now, he said as he put his hands in his pocket and brought out 1400 as my payment.

I protested and demanded my full payment but he wasn't listening and was threatening to call the police.

I left the place, went home and used half the money to treat the sprain and pains i was feeling all over my body.
You reminds me of a sad memory. Ordinary filling of gravels(medium size with hand) was what I went for as I thought it would be easier being a first timer.
I don't even know when I told the supervisor that I'm not doing again after working restlessly for 4hours. cry
Funny enough, Despite wearing gloves, I couldn't access my phone with finger print for over 24 hours.
Very bad experience it was. grin
Earning legally isn't easy. May God ease our affairs!

2 Likes

Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by Prettychild(f): 9:16pm On Aug 04, 2020
Chai! It's well. God will give you a better job that you will have the stamina for it.
Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by MrOjay1(m): 9:25pm On Aug 04, 2020
InvertedHammer:
/ post here. Unable to access NL email.
/
2080372923 UBA Thanks so much,sir.
Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by Proffdada: 10:09pm On Aug 04, 2020
MrOjay1:

'No wahala', I said.

please post your account number , maybe help fit dey

NB :OK, I've seen it above
Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by MrOjay1(m): 10:17pm On Aug 04, 2020
Thanks everyone, for the words of encouragement.I appreciate
Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by Donchichi212(m): 10:24pm On Aug 04, 2020
� � Lmao, honestly it’s high time We youth must stand as one and chase all this old hags out of power, even if it means carrying arms and burning this nation to the ground..!! ��
Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by InvertedHammer: 10:47pm On Aug 04, 2020
MrOjay1:

UBA
Thanks so much,sir.

/
initial O.U.G

Check your account.
/
Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by MrOjay1(m): 10:50pm On Aug 04, 2020
InvertedHammer:

/ initial O.U.G
Check your account. /
Received,sir.
Thank You so much,sir. I'm grateful
Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by ume1000: 11:18pm On Aug 04, 2020
Areaboy2:

Ouch.. crazy story. even to do exercise at home, sometimes i feel faint trying to hit 60 push-ups.. e no easy bros.. imagine running headpan up and down for 4 hours. na die
But i really admire your effort. please check your email
it's either he is lazy or a first timer

Work when boys take dey play
Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by opiraxy(m): 11:19pm On Aug 04, 2020
I read this am touched...can we talk...I have something for you
MrOjay1:

Thanks brother.

I'm still a student at UNN so i'm thinking i may not have the time to fully go under someone as an apprentice.
I just felt i had to do something to get money for my needs.There is no money coming in from anywhere.
Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by Sollykay41(m): 11:30pm On Aug 04, 2020
I feel like crying because i have done something of such before. May helpers come your way.
Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by Dayoebe(m): 11:47pm On Aug 04, 2020
Reading this thread, I am feeling remorseful and crying for myself. The first day I did this kind work five years ago. I remember I couldn't walk properly for weeks.

Even as I enter university, I thought I won't have to do this anymore, na lie
so far so good, I've done it like 20 times now, next project is tomorrow. sad
In as much as I don't beg for money. God will always empower me

My brother, Bricklaying no easy o. Unfortunate part of it is that max amount they pay here is 1,200 per day
Where am working now, we are given 1k. You even need connection to work.

Edited: abeg if you have any job for me. I know a lot about computing, I was actually doing typist before and during school not until armed robber invaded my lodge carted away my laptop. Since then, I've been trying to save money to buy new one

Lalasticlala abeg show me how to fish. Help your brother
Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by Bbbwings: 11:54pm On Aug 04, 2020
calaway:

Na so liver dey spoil my nigga
Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by Bbbwings: 11:56pm On Aug 04, 2020
MrOjay1:

He is indeed,bro.
No abuse paracetamol
Na so liver dey spoil o
Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by Dayoebe(m): 12:36am On Aug 05, 2020
Jesterfly:
ThankGod today, the story is now different, I now have my own construction site with a supervisor. Baba the future is clear. Nothing do you.

I appreciate God for your life sir.
I humbly need your assistance here.
I do engage in this kind of menial job, but due to my location, am actually underpaid, despite the strenuous exercises involved. I would like to know if there's a way I can work for a little while just to earn money to revive my business before school resumes.

I will appreciate your response to this. Questions will be duly answered as well.
Thanks
Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by CAUSTIC002: 1:50am On Aug 05, 2020
chai, life no easy, I remember sustaining a major cut while breaking stones many years back.OP, be strong, there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Reasons Why Most Nigerian Graduates Are Not Employable / What Does It Mean To Be A Teacher In The Uk? / Job Winning CV...(Updated)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.