Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason (40049 Views)

My Experience While Hunting For Job / My Experience Working As A Bet9ja Cashier / See Twelve Things You Must Experience While Going For The Nigerian Military Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by HolyTitus(m): 2:07pm On Aug 04, 2020
Taywon:
Lol....

Bro no be every job u fit chuk head ooo.... Even as a professional you look b4 u leap to avoid stories dat touch....

My guy wey try diz labourer work ontop say hin broke was admitted for 3 days in the hospital... I just dey laugh am... Cus e no easy but man gats dey carefull
if I tell you that the guy that saved you wasn't your colleague as you'd thought nko; would you believe me? Don't ever for once think down on yourself and give up on your dreams just yet; there are still great accomplishments God still want you to achieve.

10 Likes

Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by deebrain(m): 2:08pm On Aug 04, 2020
Lol.

I dedicate the song "I can't kee mysef" by Timaya for you sir.
Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by Bahamas95(m): 2:10pm On Aug 04, 2020
In Dikeji Miyerijesu voice.......

"You are lucky o" (You will not know now o) grin
Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by Greatidonis: 2:10pm On Aug 04, 2020
I feel pained seeing that you can write very well and still this our dirty country has nothing to offer you but for you to go and do such job.
Sorry I pray you find something better to do so you don't die of hunger.
Most people will not go into the wrong kind of business if they see genuine job, but when countries are giving her citizens Covid-19 palliatives Nigeria government are increasing our taxes telling us that tenants will now pay tax after paying rent while they in government increase stealing.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by micky22: 2:10pm On Aug 04, 2020
Op you should change this subject. You did the work of a laborer, not a mason. A mason is the artisan doing the real concrete (masonry) formings. Laborers are just there to mix and give him what he needs.
So sorry for your bad experience. Thank heaven that your life was spared.

5 Likes

Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by fineboynl(m): 2:12pm On Aug 04, 2020
MrOjay1:
Last friday evening, my friend in the hood called me on phone to inform me of a job opening in an ongoing construction site somewhere around Agbara (Lagos).

He told me the pay is 2,300 per day depending on if you were able to finish the day's job.

I told him i was interested (no choice for a broke man) and asked him when we are to leave for the place. He said we'll leave for Agbara the next day early in the morning to get there on time and start with others.

'No wahala', I said.

We set off the next morning and got there before 7 or thereabouts. When the supervisor saw me said, 'oboy as you dey lenge lenge (slim) like this, you sure say you go fit do this kind work so??'

I told him i could. Shey no be my mates dey do am?

I started the work which was carrying mixed concrete and sand up into the second floor of the building.

The work no easy o. I wan die true to God but i just chinned up and continued. I worked like this till afternoon.

My body was telling me to stop but i continued being that i wanted my full pay for the day then something happened.

As i was climbing up the scaffolded stairs, my limbs had become weak and my eyes dazed, i had no energy left again to climb up to the second floor so while trying to muster up energy as i climbed, I mis-stepped my footings and was about falling off the stairs down to the ground laden with bamboo, nails, stones and co far below but was saved by the hand of another worker coming up the stairs behind me. He had already noticed my fatigue and signs of faint feeling.

My headpan had already crashed down the ground.

I wonder what would have happened to me. Probably would have died.

The supervisor heard of it and was furious, lambasting me saying,' shebi i tell you say you no fit do this work? Na so you for put me for trouble.Oya dey go house now now, he said as he put his hands in his pocket and brought out 1400 as my payment.

I protested and demanded my full payment but he wasn't listening and was threatening to call the police.

I left the place, went home and used half the money to treat the sprain and pains i was feeling all over my body.
you can still go back. but first start with half day for the first week. before you enter full day

1 Like

Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by skyfather09(m): 2:12pm On Aug 04, 2020
MrOjay1:
Last friday evening, my friend in the hood called me on phone to inform me of a job opening in an ongoing construction site somewhere around Agbara (Lagos).

He told me the pay is 2,300 per day depending on if you were able to finish the day's job.

I told him i was interested (no choice for a broke man) and asked him when we are to leave for the place. He said we'll leave for Agbara the next day early in the morning to get there on time and start with others.

'No wahala', I said.

We set off the next morning and got there before 7 or thereabouts. When the supervisor saw me said, 'oboy as you dey lenge lenge (slim) like this, you sure say you go fit do this kind work so??'

I started the work which was carrying mixed concrete and sand up into the second floor of the building.

The work no easy o. I wan die true to God but i just chinned up and continued. I worked like this till afternoon.

My body was telling me to stop but i continued being that i wanted my full pay for the day then something happened.

As i was climbing up the scaffolded stairs, my limbs had become weak and my eyes dazed, i had no energy left again to climb up to the second floor so while trying to muster up energy as i climbed, I mis-stepped my footings and was about falling off the stairs down to the ground laden with bamboo, nails, stones and co far below but was saved by the hand of another worker coming up the stairs behind me. He had already noticed my fatigue and signs of faint feeling.

The supervisor heard of it and was furious, lambasting me saying,' shebi i tell you say you no fit do this work? Na so you for put me for trouble.Oya dey go house now now, he said as he put his hands in his pocket and brought out 1400 as my payment.

I protested and demanded my full payment but he wasn't listening and was threatening to call the police.

I left the place, went home and used half the money to treat the sprain and pains i was feeling all over my body.
so you nearly die because of 2300? this life sef.

1 Like

Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by pocohantas(f): 2:13pm On Aug 04, 2020
GboyegaD:
Pele. Hardwork pays no doubt however, you need first check whether na wetin you get power for. God go bless your hustle.

Very true. Not everyone is made for physical work. Some have mental strength, some physical.

May God bless his hustle, to be a man no easy. I feel for him already...

10 Likes

Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 04, 2020
our politicians don embezzle the resources wey me and u for take live fine leaving us to suffer .. Too bad
Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by wiseone28: 2:14pm On Aug 04, 2020
Op no carry that money give your girlfriend o

6 Likes

Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by ednut1(m): 2:15pm On Aug 04, 2020
MrOjay1:

'No wahala', I said.

check your dm.

5 Likes

Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by 10kgod(m): 2:15pm On Aug 04, 2020
@Op, ThankGod for your love. But if I really see this kind of job here in my location. Nah to rush it. The payment here for this kind of job is below 1500.

Life no just balance.......

To osogbo people, We are still looking for the customer, Laundry service at your door step. check my signature

I no wan do Illegal stuff, this is why I deviated to laundry and customer no gree come. someone should call me to come and render my service to him/her.

1 Like

Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by perryy(m): 2:17pm On Aug 04, 2020
Thank God u live to tell your story. While I was schooling in Auchi, I did the same kind of labour with ease. It means I' was a very strong boy ooooo

5 Likes

Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by Onliie(m): 2:18pm On Aug 04, 2020
MrOjay1:

'No wahala', I said.

you need help
Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by frozen70(f): 2:19pm On Aug 04, 2020
MrOjay1:

'No wahala', I said.

Very funny experience with pains
Sorry about that

The truth is, with regular work on the site, you will get use to it but just don't go back there to even watch what they are doing

You can't really cope
Those people you saw going up and down have been part of the system years before now

It's a job that you are paid and you are judged by your input, if you are lazing about while doing it, you will be warned not to come the next day

If you are a talkative while others are working, you will be warned not to come again because you are distracting others

And if you perform excellently well, you will be praised by the site manager and he will look up to you and sight example of you to others

Funny enough, what you were paid was not even enough to treat you but that doesn't mean you shouldn't have gone

At least you now have an experience

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by djuksnr: 2:19pm On Aug 04, 2020
Queenlovely:
Sorry dear, in this country you find yourself, you got to be strong, and you are not a mason or bricklayer.you are just a helper, mason boy, I mean mason tender.

Just last year, one apprentice fell down from a 3 storied building in our neighborhood during construction, he was paralyzed immediately.

From suleija, we flew him out to a bone doctor in Indiana. That was how he was saved

So how are you coping now. I want to show some love, mail
I'm in d same situation like him as I even cut my upper leg at site
Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by Laboni: 2:20pm On Aug 04, 2020
It’s because your body is yet to adjust to that kind of stress and probably, you didn’t eat. To survive in that kind of work, eat a heavy fufu in the morning before you start. Eat another one in the afternoon, rest like 30 mins and continue. Then in the evening, take panadol or ibuprofen to take care of body pains. Continue again the following day. I assure you that in 3-4 days, your body will adjust to it.
Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by aaking(m): 2:22pm On Aug 04, 2020
Kurtis02:
Lol

After working for about a day or two Your body would adapt next time.

Also ensure to eat Eba Igbo and drink less water.

Experiences grin grin grin grin
Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by aaking(m): 2:23pm On Aug 04, 2020
Gibsonho:
Thank God for your life bro.
I also did the work in 200l. I'm the last born of my parents, I hate requesting for money from them so I decided to hustle and pay my bills myself, 5 people including myself offloaded 600 bags of cement,. I was payed #2000 that day, for 3days I could not turn my neck.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by manunitedbabes: 2:24pm On Aug 04, 2020
hahahahahah

Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by uzucuzu1(m): 2:26pm On Aug 04, 2020
MrOjay1:

'No wahala', I said.

WhatsApp me if you are ready to work, let's see if I can help out in a way, 08167938324

5 Likes

Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by firstratedcitiz(m): 2:27pm On Aug 04, 2020
Bros, what you had experienced is simply a brush with death or, in other terms, escaping death by the whiskers. This is totally different from Near-Death Experience (NDE). People often confuse this rare life situation with common accidents that would have resulted in death.
Simply defined, a Near-Death Experience is "an unusual experience taking place on the brink of death and recounted by a person on recovery, typically an out-of-body experience or a vision of a tunnel of light." Please click the link below to read more about NDE.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Near-death_experience
MrOjay1:

'No wahala', I said.

4 Likes

Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by 2ng2ng(m): 2:29pm On Aug 04, 2020
Look for busy car wash around your area to work with .You can even make more than that on a busy day .

4 Likes

Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by Gbabe2: 2:29pm On Aug 04, 2020
MrOjay1:

'No wahala', I said.

Hey, we have all been there in time past. Mine experience was helping on a farm as a laborer. I was cheated and short changed. It was terrible but very useful at that time. At least far better than ill gotten wealth. That was over 24 years ago.

I reached out privately. If you don't mind, please respond.

Thanks.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by firstratedcitiz(m): 2:29pm On Aug 04, 2020
Bros, what you had experienced is simply a brush with death or, in other terms, escaping death by the whiskers. This is totally different from Near-Death Experience (NDE). People often confuse this rare life situation with common accidents that would have resulted in death.
Simply defined, a Near-Death Experience is "an unusual experience taking place on the brink of death and recounted by a person on recovery, typically an out-of-body experience or a vision of a tunnel of light." Please click the link below to read more about NDE.

1 Like

Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by Nicepoker(m): 2:31pm On Aug 04, 2020
MrOjay1:

'No wahala', I said.

You are a lazy dude. That's all I can say.
Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by sportFX: 2:32pm On Aug 04, 2020
All these just for 2600 a whole day? This is really sad. OP please send me a dm.

8 Likes

Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by Neville660: 2:32pm On Aug 04, 2020
MrOjay1:

'No wahala', I said.

Don't worry you're already RICH.
Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by Nobody: 2:33pm On Aug 04, 2020
MAY GOD BLESS YOUR HUSTLE. NEVER GIVE UP
Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by Humanoid01(m): 2:34pm On Aug 04, 2020
Kriss216:
Indomie children.

No guy trained with Fufu or Garri will disgrace himself like this.
Something wey mothers and grandmas dey do for warri.
If you jonse like this back then when growing up, my evil and beloved friends will laugh you taya. Shame no go gree you come out for 6 months.

Lol bro nor be so o. Nor be everybody get the capacity to do certain things. The saying "all fingers are not equal" is mostly used in a financial context. I believe it can also be applied to some other spheres of life. It's not that he wasn't driven or motivated enough to do the job, he just didn't have the physical capacity to withstand it for long. Anybody who would laugh at him does not know much about life. We're not all the same. Nor be person use teeth carry one bag of cement some time ago? You fit do am? Lol.

5 Likes

Re: My Near Death Experience While Working As A Mason by firstratedcitiz(m): 2:34pm On Aug 04, 2020
That is not Near-Death Experience. It's just a brush with death. Read about Near-Death Experience here:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ecobank Graduate Trainee 2021 / Job Winning CV...(Updated) / What Does It Mean To Be A Teacher In The Uk?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.