Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend (53171 Views)

Nigerian Man Refuses To Pay Sex Worker, Says She Gave Him Tough Time (Video) / Lady Rejects Marriage Proposal Because Lover Refused To Kneel Down / South African Man Refuses To Give His Roommate & Girlfriend Privacy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:12pm On Aug 05, 2020
Angelfrost:

How so?! In what book??! What unwritten code??!... But, standing tall to serve your husband and also greet him is not disrespectful??!...

Making a mountain out of a molehill will not help anyone!!! Let's stick to what is true and sensible. Any form of proposal which suits the parties is fine... At the end, it's the sincerity of the process that truly counts..

Just imagine what you are saying... So, man wey get knee issues or break leg should not propose till he is well enough to kneel... Hehehehe!!! grin
He could have just gone to her village and do the needful, but he decided out of his own freewill to propose publicly, then he should have followed the engagement rule of kneeling down and save himself the embarrassment.
Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by FuckThaMod: 10:13pm On Aug 05, 2020
YelloweWest:

I watched the full video on Instagram. She rejected him and walked away while he and gis friends were begging her..
That was a different video
Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by Enemyofpeace: 10:15pm On Aug 05, 2020
benicta:

Shey ko si?
i just wanted to be sure so as not to use ale and alomo for nothing
Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by abbey621(m): 10:16pm On Aug 05, 2020
Nuttella:
I am not a child for your info. If you are dating someone that is not ready to marry, or that wants to pursue her masters, or that is cheating on you, won't you know before you go wasting your hard earned money to buy ring to embarrass yourself. Spare me the lecture, those are the core reasons.

Oh wise one, so you mean all guys and girls ar magicians that would automatically know who's cheating or not? You might not be a kid but your reasoning is flawed, back in 2007 in final year, I basically saw two guys heartbroken becuase they belived the girl they've been dating for 2 to 4 years will automatically accept their proposal but SHOCKER, one girl wanted to go for masters outside the county and the other said her mama did not want her to marry someone from Ondo..... grin grin cheesy cheesy grin. Like I said, YOU KNOW NOTHING CHILD!
Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by Reckyd123(m): 10:20pm On Aug 05, 2020
Nuttella:
Standing up to propose is disrespectful.

The primary duty of a man is to Love and provide for his wife and kids while while the duty of the woman is to RESPECT her husband. Tankio
Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by FuckThaMod: 10:20pm On Aug 05, 2020
NerdyRudeGyal:
It would've taken him just a few seconds to kneel. He should've knelt.

When a man finds a woman he loves and knows her worth, nobody will tell him before he kneels to propose. Heck, he'll even kiss the ground she's standing on.
Because na she create heaven and the earth

2 Likes

Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by Angelfrost(m): 10:20pm On Aug 05, 2020
Nuttella:
He could have just gone to her village and do the needful, but he decided out of his own freewill to propose publicly, then he should have followed the engagement rule of kneeling down and save himself the embarrassment.

Gone to which village??! What are you on about?!.. Who begins the process of Introduction without getting the consent of the lady via proposal first??!..

...And, what rule of engagement??! The only documented rule of engagement is for the military!!! Where exactly is this one documented??! Who introduced it??! Who made it mandatory??! In what year??!...

You really need to stop trying too hard to push a nonexistent point!!!
Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by FuckThaMod: 10:23pm On Aug 05, 2020
Angelfrost:

Exactly... Same way, standing tall and getting accepted is also a key part of life and the path to a happy matrimony!!!

So, we can both agree that any way the proposal comes is okay, and should not form the basis of a long lasting union. Thank you!!! grin

She think say she get sense grin
Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:23pm On Aug 05, 2020
Reckyd123:

The primary duty of a man is to Love and provide for his wife and kids while while the duty of the woman is to RESPECT her husband. Tankio
Very well, you are right but what does this have to do with standing up to propose?
Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by Angelfrost(m): 10:26pm On Aug 05, 2020
FuckThaMod:

She think say she get sense grin

Egbon, Don't blame her... Too much telenovelas and Instagram videos!!!

Reality will eventually do the needful!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by Pearly255(f): 10:48pm On Aug 05, 2020
With all of these extras, no need man just throw the ring I’ll catch it grin
Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by Reckyd123(m): 10:55pm On Aug 05, 2020
Nuttella:
Very well, you are right but what does this have to do with standing up to propose?

You wrote that it's disrespectful;so I wonder how? With the way that girl was shouting, you think that one got one respect in her?

Marriage is beyond kneeling down to propose. I never proposed myself. I met my woman, went to see her parents with my people, collect list and marry. If to kneel down and get proposed to is still what's important to her, she's not yet matured for marriage.
Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by TOPCRUISE(m): 10:57pm On Aug 05, 2020
Yoruba men prostrate for their bae. Their friends also join doing the same
Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:59pm On Aug 05, 2020
Reckyd123:

You wrote that it's disrespectful;so I wonder how? With the way that girl was shouting, you think that one got one respect in her?

Marriage is beyond kneeling down to propose. I never proposed myself. I met my woman, went to see her parents with my people, collect list and marry. If to kneel down and get proposed to is still what's important to her, she's not yet matured for marriage.
Angelfrost come and read o, he didnt propose but he went ahead to pay brideprice. Shey you see what I've been saying since.
Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by Angelfrost(m): 11:09pm On Aug 05, 2020
Nuttella:
Angelfrost come and read o, he didnt propose but he went ahead to pay brideprice. Shey you see what I've been saying since.

Would he have gone to see her parents without the go ahead or green light from her??! Would the parents accept bride price without their daughter's consent??!...

That consent or green light is the defacto "accepted proposal"!!! Further questions??! grin
Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by YelloweWest: 11:10pm On Aug 05, 2020
Angelfrost:

Good luck to both of them... A wise lady would know that it's better to have a loving man sincerely and honestly propose standing upright than a cheating fraud kneel or genuflect in proposal with no intention of ever treating her right...

Kneeling or bowing doesn't show true love. Any con artist can kneel to get what he wants.
Stay objective to the post. Don't derail.

There's nothing to show that a man standing to propose is automatically loyal and won't cheat.
Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by Nobody: 11:12pm On Aug 05, 2020
Angelfrost:

Would he have gone to see her parents without the go ahead or green light from her??! Would the parents accept bride price without their daughter's consent??!...

That consent or green light is the defacto "accepted proposal"!!! Further questions??! grin
Are we not saying the same thing?
Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by Angelfrost(m): 11:17pm On Aug 05, 2020
YelloweWest:

Stay objective to the post. Don't derail.

There's nothing to show that a man standing to propose is automatically loyal and won't cheat.

I'm actually far more objective than you are...

If there's nothing to show that a man proposing while standing will be a good husband, it equally goes that adoption of a kneeling posture guarantees neither...

There's absolutely no correlation between a man's posture during proposal and how good a husband he would be in the union!!! Kneeling and standing are postures that can be adopted by anyone whether good, bad or ugly...

Be a good man, propose to your woman and treat her well... Kneeling or standing upright is quite secondary and mundane to the point. Judging a man based on his posture during engagement is not only myopic but laughable!!!

This is my stand!!! This is as objective as it gets!!! Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by Angelfrost(m): 11:20pm On Aug 05, 2020
Nuttella:
Are we not saying the same thing?

Well, you are the one making a 'Big deal' out of the proposal process, not me!!! tongue
Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by Nobody: 11:20pm On Aug 05, 2020
Angelfrost:

Well, you are the one making a 'Big deal' out of the proposal process, not me!!! tongue
I said proposal have rules you follow which is kneeling down.
Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by Angelfrost(m): 11:24pm On Aug 05, 2020
Nuttella:
I said proposal have rules you follow which is kneeling down.

You see my point??!... What rules??! Who wrote them??! What year??!... When was the particular posture for both individuals agreed upon??!... grin

1 Like

Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by Nobody: 11:27pm On Aug 05, 2020
Angelfrost:

You see my point??!... What rules??! Who wrote them??! What year??!... When was the particular posture for both individuals agreed upon??!... grin

Goodnight biko. I'm tired of this argument.
Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by YelloweWest: 11:33pm On Aug 05, 2020
Angelfrost:

I'm actually far more objective than you are...

If there's nothing to show that a man proposing while standing will be a good husband, it equally goes that adoption of a kneeling posture guarantees neither...

There's absolutely no correlation between a man's posture during proposal and how good a husband he would be in the union!!! Kneeling and standing are postures that can be adopted by anyone whether good, bad or ugly...

Be a good man, propose to your woman and treat her well... Kneeling or standing upright is quite secondary and mundane to the point. Judging a man based on his posture during engagement is not only myopic but laughable!!!

This is my stand!!! This is as objective as it gets!!! Thank you.
You judge the woman's decision and not his...

My stance is they both have ego issues. I just like tge fact tgat she knows what she wants. I also like that he stayed true to his belief.

I hope your stance will be same if a woman refuses to kneel during traditional marriage?
Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by Estellie: 11:47pm On Aug 05, 2020
Brandonx:
grin A man is doing you a favour and you want him to kneel down. He's saying you are now my responsibility and they want him to kneel.
As a man he's going to be;
A husband
A father
A brother
A plumber
A Technician
In fact when anything goes wrong in the house the first thing they do is call the man even of its a minor thing they could easily figure out.

Plumber ni, technician kor grin grin

Abegi like the woman doesn't do shiit or what? It's a shared responsibility something..

To the topic, if you like kneel o, fly o, sit o, stand o, swim o, lay on the floor o, your cup of moin moin. Just make sure I say Yes wink grin
Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by mechanics(m): 11:52pm On Aug 05, 2020
Since she's okay with it, what is the matter about that?
Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by SweetDipBenny(m): 12:09am On Aug 06, 2020
Same way I'm gonna propose to my gal. Ain't goin down on any knee dats for suckers, Pussy niggas
Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by earnit1: 12:18am On Aug 06, 2020
Reallt
Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by Ishilove: 1:14am On Aug 06, 2020
LordKO:

You always scurry from thread to thread exhibiting your conceited and sententious attitude. Grow up!
^^

The gloves fit, so...

1 Share

Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by raphy(m): 4:24am On Aug 06, 2020
he is a real man no be mumu like other guys.these of u calling him niggah this is not a nigga open ya eyes for once...fine whyt guy.he don't weed to feel high.

is only girls that will kneel su ck our d!ck not us guys..only when given them dog gy

real guys don't kneel na mumu n weak guys kneel ...
be a real strong niggah.

1 Like

Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by BluntNigerian: 5:39am On Aug 06, 2020
weIMPORT:
A video of a man proposing to his girlfriend without going down on his knees has surfaced on the internet.

The man who appears to be wealthy was gallantly on his feet while proposing as against the usual culture of kneeling observed my most men.

His gesture has stirred up a debate on social media with many users being of the opinion that he has not proposed the right way.

Do you think he did well not going down on his knees?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrPXC2_8igs
For proper Igbo persons, must there even be a proposal?? Is it even necessary??
If you are serious that you want to marry the lady, then take the bold step of going for introduction.
And then, whether the lady would agree or not??
Like How?
Just tell her “Me and my people are coming to see your people probably next month”..
Habbaaa!!
If she said No, then she will give her reasons., and both of you will discuss her reasons very well.
But for proposals, if she says No for no reason and walks out on you, you have no time to ask why...
Na Waa for this new trends sef.
Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by Angelfrost(m): 6:44am On Aug 06, 2020
YelloweWest:

You judge the woman's decision and not his...

My stance is they both have ego issues. I just like tge fact tgat she knows what she wants. I also like that he stayed true to his belief.

I hope your stance will be same if a woman refuses to kneel during traditional marriage?

Exactly the same... Traditions and practices don't translate to harmony in matrimony.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Strangers Bump Into Each Other And The Coincidence Has People Gushing / How Do I Politely Turn Down Ladies' Sexual Advances? / Pre-wedding Photos Of Oyinbo Man & His Igbo Bride In Traditional Attires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.