Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,161 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend (53184 Views)

Nigerian Man Refuses To Pay Sex Worker, Says She Gave Him Tough Time (Video) / Lady Rejects Marriage Proposal Because Lover Refused To Kneel Down / South African Man Refuses To Give His Roommate & Girlfriend Privacy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by PaulH07: 9:32pm On Aug 05, 2020
Sonoyom:
The most important thing is that he proposed and she will definitely be his wife very soon.
Let me ask who was the first guy to knee during marriage proposal?

A beta simp perhaps...
Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:36pm On Aug 05, 2020
Angelfrost:

Happily married to an amazing woman for a good number of years now...

Never knelt to pop the question (a formality since we both already knew). Not because I couldn't, just have a disdain for silly bandwagons... She was quite intelligent enough not to major on such triviality too.

Well, everyone with his or her opinion! However, I can bet you most guys dislike such borrowed practices of public proposals. A lot of them do it against their better judgements... If you doubt me, just ask around!!! grin
When did you do your research to know that most guys are against kneeling down to propose? Am I living in Mars? Because anytime I enter Facebook, I see different engagement and surprise parties where the man kneel down, some even kneel with both their legs, they do it happily, so dont say most men are against it, most men like it and if you are a gentleman, you should like it too.
Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by Oldoinyolengai(m): 9:42pm On Aug 05, 2020
Angelfrost:

The concept of begging is even ridiculously stupid!!!
You are either prepared to settle with the person, being that your feelings and plans align, or you don't!!!

Makes or made more sense the African way, where the guy pointedly asks the Lady if she would settle with him after a period of friendship and acquaintance... A simple yes or no settled the matter, with both families taking it from there.

Nowadays, we just copy every nonsense from the Western world... When it comes to leadership and developmental strides of the same abroad, we act like it can never be done here.
Thank you.

Can you imagine ancestors resurrecting to see the way their descendants are living?

Now days men are losing their ground, modernity especially feminism is aiming to break man's backbone inorder to get control over the society.

Observe closely and you will notice men are increasingly becoming women and women are struggling to become men.
Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by Friend22(m): 9:42pm On Aug 05, 2020
Nuttella:
When did you do your research to know that most guys are against kneeling down to propose? Am I living in Pluto? Because anytime I enter Facebook, I see different engagement and surprise parties where the man kneel down, some even kneel with both their legs, they do it happily, so dont say most men are against it, most men like it and if you are a gentleman, you should like it too.

I wouldn't have ordinarily comment on this but your quote shows smacks or entitlement and arrogance I deeply dislike.
Why should a guy kneel for a lady during proposing? Is she God?!

I think whoever invented this act is very stupid!

This is why we are having more effeminate men who in the name of love have become so emasculated without any modicum of self worth.

May God break the kneels of any lady who say I should kneel before her because I want to propose.
Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by Coded081(m): 9:44pm On Aug 05, 2020
that's my guy no time for paparazzi
Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by Onlyonebuhari: 9:45pm On Aug 05, 2020
Kneeling for women wasn't part of our cultures until Yahoo yahoo became a career.
Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by Angelfrost(m): 9:45pm On Aug 05, 2020
Nuttella:
When did you do your research to know that most guys are against kneeling down to propose? Am I living in Pluto? Because anytime I enter Facebook, I see different engagement and surprise parties where the man kneel down, some even kneel with both their legs, they do it happily, so dont say most men are against it, most men like it and if you are a gentleman, you should like it too.

I am a well raised gentleman, and I find it stale, pretentious, and pointless!!!

Believe me ma, most guys I have asked expressed their distaste for it... Of course, some will do it just to come off as "romantic" or to be a part of the bandwagon. The only 'happiness' there is finally getting it over with, and receiving an expected positive response.

What about guys who get rejected or rebuffed despite getting on their knees?! While their mates get through it positively without kneeling?! Was it their lack of "etiquette" that got them rejected or the disinterest of the ladies, which might have been clear all along??!
Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:45pm On Aug 05, 2020
Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by Rrankdonga(m): 9:45pm On Aug 05, 2020
Oldoinyolengai:
For a man to kneel down when proposing is a sign of mental pussification.

grin grin grin grin you just reminded me of Geroge Carlin

1 Like

Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by Angelfrost(m): 9:48pm On Aug 05, 2020
Oldoinyolengai:
Thank you.

Can you imagine ancestors resurrecting to see the way their descendants are living?

Now days men are losing their ground, modernity especially feminism is aiming to break man's backbone inorder to get control over the society.

Observe closely and you will notice men are increasingly becoming women and women are struggling to become men.

The matter just tire me o!!!... Imagine a very mundane thing becoming a big deal!!!

Well, let them continue... Make I just dey observe from my fence!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by Bahamas95(m): 9:48pm On Aug 05, 2020
I am very sure Ilicic knelt down when he proposed to that his mumu wife wey toto dey scratch. How did she pay back?

That guy is a real niggarr, these women ain't loyal.

1 Like

Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 05, 2020
lipsrsealed
Angelfrost:

I am a well raised gentleman, and I find it stale, pretentious, and pointless!!!

Believe me ma, most guys I have asked expressed their distaste for it... Of course, some will do it just to come off as "romantic" or to be a part of the bandwagon. The only 'happiness' there is finally getting it over with, and receiving an expected positive response.

What about guys who get rejected or rebuffed despite getting on their knees?! While their mates get through it positively without kneeling?! Was it their lack of "etiquette" that got them rejected or the disinterest of the ladies, which might have been clear all along??!
Kneeling down and getting rejected is part of life, nobody will say he/she hasn't been rejected before, we all have been rejected in one way or the other, moreover, before a lady will reject a man's proposal, it could be the man is very violent or a chronic womanizer, there must be something she saw in him that made her to refuse spending the rest of her life with him. Life is full of risks.
Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by LordKO(m): 9:52pm On Aug 05, 2020
Ishilove:
Hei, Nairaland males. When they come upon a fancy word they will use and abuse the word until they can abuse no more. 'Simp' is the latest in a long line of abused words.

You always scurry from thread to thread, exhibiting your conceited and sententious attitude. Grow up!

7 Likes

Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by 3310adeb: 9:52pm On Aug 05, 2020
[color=#550000][/color]

That's the standard,,, wrong for a man to kneel down before a woman,,, man na d head
Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by Dabliss02(m): 9:53pm On Aug 05, 2020
They both matured
Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by Faithbis: 9:53pm On Aug 05, 2020
All the ones kneeling down and still killing and beating
Proposal is a thing of the heart
Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by Nobody: 9:53pm On Aug 05, 2020
Friend22:

I wouldn't have ordinarily comment on this but your quote shows smacks or entitlement and arrogance I deeply dislike.
Why should a guy kneel for a lady during proposing? Is she God?!

I think whoever invented this act is very stupid!

This is why we are having more effeminate men who in the name of love have become so emasculated without any modicum of self worth.

May God break the kneels of any lady who say I should kneel before her because I want to propose.

Just say you haven't found your true love/soulmate, people will do anything for love, leave men that are kneeling down to do so, they love doing it, my friend did same and he keeps telling me how lucky he is to kneel down and propose to his woman which she said yes to. When you are with the right woman, you start seeing things in different perspective, things that you feel make a man emasculated are not what you think they are. Its called love. Love is blind, love is selfless.
Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by Goldp5988(f): 9:54pm On Aug 05, 2020
Don't start what you can not finish, I like it.
Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by Angelfrost(m): 9:56pm On Aug 05, 2020
Nuttella:
lipsrsealed
Kneeling down and getting rejected is part of life nobody will say he/she hasn't been rejected before, we all have been rejected in one way or the other, moreover, before a lady will reject a man's proposal, it could be the man is very violent or a chronic womanizer, there must be something she saw in him that made her to refuse spending the rest of her life with him. Life is full of risks.

Exactly... Same way, standing tall and getting accepted is also a key part of life and the path to a happy matrimony!!!

So, we can both agree that any way the proposal comes is okay, and should not form the basis of a long lasting union. Thank you!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by abbey621(m): 10:00pm On Aug 05, 2020
Nuttella:
:-XKneeling down and getting rejected is part of life, nobody will say he/she hasn't been rejected before, we all have been rejected in one way or the other, moreover, before a lady will reject a man's proposal, it could be the man is very violent or a chronic womanizer, there must be something she saw in him that made her to refuse spending the rest of her life with him. Life is full of risks.

Damn.....So let us get this straight only time a woman would refuse a marriage proposal is if the man is very violent or a chronic womanizer? LEt's forget about timing, maybe she wants to do her masters, maybe she is dating 3 other guys, maybe she's not emotionally ready for marriage? Yea let's forget all that.....9ja women SMH!
Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:01pm On Aug 05, 2020
Angelfrost:

Exactly... Same way, standing tall and getting accepted is also a key part of life and the path to a happy matrimony!!!

So, we can both agree that any way the proposal comes is okay, and should not form the basis of a long lasting union. Thank you!!! grin

Standing tall when proposing is disrespectful.
Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:01pm On Aug 05, 2020
abbey621:

Damn.....So let us get this straight only time a woman would refuse a marriage proposal is if the man is very violent or a chronic womanizer? LEt's forget about timing, maybe she wants to do her masters, maybe she is dating 3 other guys, maybe she's not emotionally ready for marriage? Yea let's forget all that.....9ja women SMH!
There are so many reasons why a woman will reject a marriage proposal but those I mentioned are the core reasons.
Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:02pm On Aug 05, 2020
As thou packagest thyself so shall thou be delivered..
Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by abbey621(m): 10:02pm On Aug 05, 2020
NerdyRudeGyal:
It would've taken him just a few seconds to kneel. He should've knelt.

When a man finds a woman he loves and knows her worth, nobody will tell him before he kneels to propose. Heck, he'll even kiss the ground she's standing on.

Bullshit.....Did your papa kneel for your mama or was your mama not just worthy? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by Priam: 10:03pm On Aug 05, 2020
NerdyRudeGyal:
It would've taken him just a few seconds to kneel. He should've knelt.

When a man finds a woman he loves and knows her worth, nobody will tell him before he kneels to propose. Heck, he'll even kiss the ground she's standing on

SMH

He could as well place her on a pedestal and worship her royal majesty. You're talking about worth as if the man has no worth himself

1 Like

Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by abbey621(m): 10:03pm On Aug 05, 2020
Nuttella:
There are so many reasons why a woman will reject a marriage proposal but those I mentioned are the core reasons.

More bullshit....Core reasons? Are you kidding me? grin grin grin . Child go to bed....ENOUGH!
Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by freesoul12: 10:03pm On Aug 05, 2020
My real nigga
Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by Angelfrost(m): 10:06pm On Aug 05, 2020
Nuttella:
Standing tall when proposing is disrespectful.

How so?! In what book??! What unwritten code??!... But, standing tall to serve your husband and also greet him is not disrespectful??!...

Making a mountain out of a molehill will not help anyone!!! Let's stick to what is true and sensible. Any form of proposal which suits the parties is fine... At the end, it's the sincerity of the process that truly counts..

Just imagine what you are saying... So, man wey get knee issues or break leg should not propose till he is well enough to kneel... Hehehehe!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by mordred44: 10:09pm On Aug 05, 2020
Correct guy,even his preek refuse to bow down...dey were both standing 2geda
Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by dozzybreezy(m): 10:09pm On Aug 05, 2020
Arewa1408:

You will most probably marry a desperate secondhand woman that has nothing to offer.

Because i can't kneel down? You have an intellectual deficiency syndrome.

1 Like

Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by Nobody: 10:10pm On Aug 05, 2020
abbey621:

More bullshit....Core reasons? Are you kidding me? grin grin grin . Child go to bed....ENOUGH!
I am not a child for your info. If you are dating someone that is not ready to marry, or that wants to pursue her masters, or that is cheating on you, won't you know before you go wasting your hard earned money to buy ring to embarrass yourself. Spare me the lecture, those are the core reasons.
Re: Man Refuses To Kneel While Proposing To Girlfriend by DammyGbade(m): 10:10pm On Aug 05, 2020
Kneeling down is an eye-service.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pre-wedding Photos Of Oyinbo Man & His Igbo Bride In Traditional Attires / Strangers Bump Into Each Other And The Coincidence Has People Gushing / The Guys I Like Vs The Guys That Like Me (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.