Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,653 members, 7,820,268 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job (14036 Views)

LADIES! What Job Or Profession Of A Man Can Make You Not Date Or Marry Him?? / My Boyfriend Hasn't Asked Me To Marry Him / Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by olaolabiy: 2:14pm On Feb 15, 2011
When girls talk about marriage, LOVE is the least thing on their mind. Even when it comes to having boyfriends. It is a FACT.

That's the way it is.

And, that will NEVER change.
There are many articles on this. And the reasons why.
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by Nobody: 2:14pm On Feb 15, 2011
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by onyezebros(m): 2:15pm On Feb 15, 2011
Na wa o! What is the place of love in this relationship? Isn't real love supposed to be supportive and ''blind''?

Now for proper naija sense. If na me, i go bone the girl continue dey find work. Wen i get beta work, me go look for beta girl join.

Dis kain chic wey no wan marry your friend sake of say im no hol. Na beta girl be dat? What if your guy coins emaciate tomorrow, dis kain girl no go remove leave am?

Abeg, leave mata for mathaias. How many people get better job for naija now sef. Abi una no dey hear of minimun wage eh? Una think say na for newspaper e dey exist?
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by olaolabiy: 2:18pm On Feb 15, 2011
As undergraduates, girls would say only graduates would do as husband.
Then an Obafemi Martins/Kanu comes along and you begin to wonder.

Money! cheesy
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by Decryptor(m): 2:21pm On Feb 15, 2011
chaircover:

Now I can to a certain degree see why some people are so desperately unhappy in their marriages; because many marry for the wrong reasons and by the time the scales finally fall from their eyes its too late.

Women bypass good solid men of integrity because they are not loaded at the time they walk past.

Isn't it much easier for a good man to make money than it is for a rich bad man to become good?

It is a crying shame that women would prefer to date and say yes to a proposal from a man who like the poster couldn't find a job but decided to be a yahoo yahoo boy rather than a honest humble guy who took a job beneath his level so as not to beg borrow or steal.

And yet we all go ahead and blame our leaders etc when infact charity begins at home. My burning question is what job did the girlfriend have?

I think u are among the few intelligent female Nairalanders here. Thumbs up cool
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by brutal(m): 2:26pm On Feb 15, 2011
ola olabiy:

As undergraduates, girls would say only graduates would do as husband.
Then an Obafemi Martins/Kanu comes along and you begin to wonder.

Money! cheesy

No mind dem! It's all about d benjamins!
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by Nobody: 2:27pm On Feb 15, 2011
I think the guy in question is severely deluded. N17,000? Lol. Even guys that earn N150,000/month still struggle to acquire the necessary 'logistics' for romance, and to satisfy 'ordinary' girlfriend's endless needs, let alone wife, let alone a guy that earns N17k. I wouldn't blame him though, guess he made the fatal mistake of taking the girl's 'sweet nothings' to heart and believing that she loved him unconditionally. My vast first and second hand experience in the battle-field of love/romance/relationships have led me to the unshakeable conclusion that at the end of the day, after all is said and done, NOTHING is more important than money - not charisma, not good intimacy, not looks, not personality, not communication, nothing. Absolutely nothing. That's the bitter truth. You'll always hear women running their mouths about how they like a guy with this or that quality, but ask them if they'll be with the guy long term, or even respect/love him totally if he were a broke ass, and their answer would be all too predictable. As a married friend of mine remarked over beer a few weeks ago: "it is better for your manliness to fail you than for your pocket to fail you; if your manliness fails you but your pocket remains rock solid, the women would never leave you - at worst they'll secretly sneak out to satisfy their sexual urges elsewhere and come back to you. But if your pocket fails you, the women would scornfully reject you and dump you without even looking back".

So poster, I'll advise the guy in question to get real. Women will be women, whether so-called 'born again', 'good girl' or the out-and-out street prostitute, there's not too much of a difference - same principles apply, only in different dimensions. Forget that girl and focus on making money by any means necessary,no matter how long it takes you. A man never gets too old to marry even beauty queens, trust me. When your hustle pays you'd have the enviable task of selecting from an endless bevy of nubile beauties to populate your harem. First things first, I tell you. First things first.
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by shooze: 2:39pm On Feb 15, 2011
Gold digging goes both ways. When I just started work I know how many marriage proposals I got but now as level don change I know how many men suddenly see me as wife material. Most of us are drawn to success both male and female. If you can marry him its all good if you can't it all good too.its so easy to assume he will become successful but he may also earn 17k for ever. I have seen so many women marrying a man saying we will struggle together and when the kids start rolling in an no cash resentment sets in and love flies outside the window.
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by amajiaku: 2:42pm On Feb 15, 2011
personally, i blieve most young gals dese days jus want to bear d status of mrs n not b a real mrs.
marriage is meant to make u happy and a better person n not bring u lower dan where u were.
as long as the guy is hardworking and optimistic. i would marry him at once. but i hate lazy bones who are pessimistic n always whinning at every situation instead of trying to solve it angry

in dis present economic situation its too expensive to be lazy.
and yes the gal must also have a job or is self employed cuz its a two way tin. gone r d days wen only men provide.
women now play their part.

so yup smiley,i wld marry a guy even without a gud job or an education but he has to b hardworking and optimistic.
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by eewule(m): 2:53pm On Feb 15, 2011
He's not that old. He should find a new girl who's not so much about money, and keep searching for work himself. His problem is not so bad. Many young nigerian guys suffer worse combination of problems
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by Tinax(f): 3:13pm On Feb 15, 2011
i'll manage to date him,but won't marry him, 17k thts very poor, if he's initialy rich then goes poor i'll understand, but to start suffring from the beginning,no way!! he should look for an older woman, say 40yrs.
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by sashaa(f): 3:24pm On Feb 15, 2011
Well, well, well! its easier said than done, u know.
A relationship without money is frustrating enough not to talk of MARRIAGE WITH NO FINANCIAL STABILITY!
Someone said his brother married while earning 15k. May i ask what year that was?
I personally will not marry a guy earning 17k monthly! I would rather wait patiently and keep encouraging him. Nigeria is a tough place to live in if u don't have money. I do not want to bring children into this world only to watch them suffer. I have seen babies die just because of poverty. Or is it unhealthy looking babies whose bodies have no resistance to ailments due to poor feeding? I'm sure thats not the kind of life i want.
Please poster, your friends priority should be on improving his financial status and not marriage.
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by dremoney(m): 3:31pm On Feb 15, 2011
I think its a combination of misplaced priority and inferiority complex adding up and the girl should have accepted his proposal(though he should not have propsed).

The dude wanted to make up for lack of a good job by getting married. He desperately needed a sense of achievement but his girl let him down. If a man is not on average, financially stable, its really no point chasing after girls ab-initio, His focus should be to secure a better job.

My  take,
Tell your buddy to forget bout his age, give his girl chinese packing, roll up his sleeves and make more effort to increase his income. Nothing like FINE BOY without money, When he gets financially stable, he will select from the best of girls no matter how old or ugly he is.

Money talks brova
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by no1madman(m): 3:43pm On Feb 15, 2011
Tinax:

i'll manage to date him,but won't marry him, 17k thts very poor, if he's initialy rich then goes poor i'll understand, but to start suffring from the beginning,no way!! he should look for an older woman, say 40yrs.
sweet sixteen!u sure say u never pass 40yrs!
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by baslone: 3:43pm On Feb 15, 2011
pro01:

I think the guy in question is severely deluded. N17,000? Lol. Even guys that earn N150,000/month still struggle to acquire the necessary 'logistics' for romance, and to satisfy 'ordinary' girlfriend's endless needs, let alone wife, let alone a guy that earns N17k. I wouldn't blame him though, guess he made the fatal mistake of taking the girl's 'sweet nothings' to heart and believing that she loved him unconditionally. My vast first and second hand experience in the battle-field of love/romance/relationships have led me to the unshakeable conclusion that at the end of the day, after all is said and done, NOTHING is more important than money - not charisma, not good intimacy, not looks, not personality, not communication, nothing. Absolutely nothing. That's the bitter truth. You'll always hear women running their mouths about how they like a guy with this or that quality, but ask them if they'll be with the guy long term, or even respect/love him totally if he were a broke backside, and their answer would be all too predictable. As a married friend of mine remarked over beer a few weeks ago: "it is better for your manliness to fail you than for your pocket to fail you; if your manliness fails you but your pocket remains rock solid, the women would never leave you - at worst they'll secretly sneak out to satisfy their sexual urges elsewhere and come back to you. But if your pocket fails you, the women would scornfully reject you and dump you without even looking back".

So poster, I'll advise the guy in question to get real. Women will be women, whether so-called 'born again', 'good girl' or the out-and-out street love-peddler, there's not too much of a difference - same principles apply, only in different dimensions. Forget that girl and focus on making money by any means necessary,no matter how long it takes you. A man never gets too old to marry even beauty queens, trust me. When your hustle pays you'd have the enviable task of selecting from an endless bevy of nubile beauties to populate your harem. First things first, I tell you. First things first.

WORDS OF WISDOM!!!!

Gbam!!!!!
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by MissyB3(f): 3:51pm On Feb 15, 2011
pro01:

I think the guy in question is severely deluded. N17,000? Lol. Even guys that earn N150,000/month still struggle to acquire the necessary 'logistics' for romance, and to satisfy 'ordinary' girlfriend's endless needs, let alone wife, let alone a guy that earns N17k. I wouldn't blame him though, guess he made the fatal mistake of taking the girl's 'sweet nothings' to heart and believing that she loved him unconditionally. My vast first and second hand experience in the battle-field of love/romance/relationships have led me to the unshakeable conclusion that at the end of the day, after all is said and done, NOTHING is more important than money - not charisma, not good intimacy, not looks, not personality, not communication, nothing. Absolutely nothing. That's the bitter truth. You'll always hear women running their mouths about how they like a guy with this or that quality, but ask them if they'll be with the guy long term, or even respect/love him totally if he were a broke backside, and their answer would be all too predictable. As a married friend of mine remarked over beer a few weeks ago: "it is better for your manliness to fail you than for your pocket to fail you; if your manliness fails you but your pocket remains rock solid, the women would never leave you - at worst they'll secretly sneak out to satisfy their sexual urges elsewhere and come back to you. But if your pocket fails you, the women would scornfully reject you and dump you without even looking back".

So poster, I'll advise the guy in question to get real. Women will be women, whether so-called 'born again', 'good girl' or the out-and-out street love-peddler, there's not too much of a difference - same principles apply, only in different dimensions. Forget that girl and focus on making money by any means necessary,no matter how long it takes you. A man never gets too old to marry even beauty queens, trust me. When your hustle pays you'd have the enviable task of selecting from an endless bevy of nubile beauties to populate your harem. First things first, I tell you. First things first.
I hate to admit it, but I like this post.
@ the part in red.  grin  grin  grin
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by sley4life(m): 3:59pm On Feb 15, 2011
She shouldnt turn him down. Encourage him. If i was the dude & she turns me down. I will wait till i get a good job& send her to rot in jail.Must she date or marry me cos of money. So if im wealthy 2dy &2mrw i get broke means she will run away.
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by kokoye(m): 4:34pm On Feb 15, 2011
chaircover:

Women bypass good solid men of integrity because they are not loaded at the time they walk past.

Isn't it much easier for a good man to make money than it is for a rich bad man to become good?

It is a crying shame that women would prefer to date and say yes to a proposal from a man who like the poster couldn't find a job but decided to be a yahoo yahoo boy rather than a honest humble guy who took a job beneath his level so as not to beg borrow or steal.
And yet we all go ahead and blame our leaders etc when infact charity begins at home. My burning question is what job did the girlfriend have?

kokoye:

No wonder a lot of people in Nigeria go about stealing and doing 419.

The guy went to college and is struggling day and night to better himself.

Yet some Olorunsogo ladies come here and say he should work hard and be serious!!

. . .is he not trying?

And we want crime to reduce in that country . . .we are fooling ourselves.

These posts definately prove that people will gladly sell their souls for money in Nigeria. And then we blame our leaders.

S M H.
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by MrsChima(f): 4:45pm On Feb 15, 2011
Is that Koyoke? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by andyanders: 4:46pm On Feb 15, 2011
[b]YOU THE YOUTHS ARE THE COURSE OF YOUR PROBLEMS. YOU PEOPLE HAVE YOUR DESTINY IN YOUR HANDS. AT 33 AFTER GRADUATING FROM SHOOL, YOU CANNOT AFFORD A GOOD JOB. WHY? BECAUSE OF YOUR LEADERS. I KEEP ASKING YOU YOUTHS; WHY DO YOU GO FOR NATIONAL YOUTHS SERVICE PROGRAM? WHY? THE GOVERNMENT DO NOT SEE YOIU THROUGH YOUR UNIVERSITY LEVEL. YOUR PARENTS SUFFER TO SEND YOU TO SCHOOL, ONLY FOR YOU TO COME AND SERVE YOUR FATHER'S LAND THAT NEVER CONTRIBUTED TO YOUR GROWTH. WHY CANT YOU , YOUTH COPPERS AND UNDERGRADUATES CALL A SPADE A SPADE. THE INITIAL CONCEPT OF THE NATIONAL YOUTH SERVICE HAS BEEN DEFEATED. INITIALY, AT YOUR GRADUATING PERIOD IN YOUR UNIVERSITY, COMPANIES WILL COME TO RECRUITE. AFTER YOUR NATIONAL YOUTH SERVICE, YOU WILL BE GIVEN A JOB, A CAR AND A HOUSE TO START LIFE. SO WITHIN 2 YEARS, YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE GOING TO BE. YOU CAN MARRY A FELLOW GRADUATE AND BOTH OF YOU CAN PLAN YOUR FUTURE. NOW, NOTHING LIKE THAT. I KEEP ASKING; WHY CANT YOU YOUTHS REVOLT AGAINST YOUR LEADER. LOOK AT WHAT IS HAPPENING IN EGYPT. THE YOUTHS FORCED THE PRESEIDENT TO RESIGN. 75% OF NIGERIANS ARE YOUTHS. WHY CANT YOU FIGHT THESE LOOTERS? WHY?[/b]
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by Mygoldie(f): 4:47pm On Feb 15, 2011
@OP,i don't know,it depends.
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by lonewolf: 4:48pm On Feb 15, 2011
Nigerian girls will always continue to intrigue me. Here, you have a guy who's trying to make ends meet, is working hard and trying to build a good situation for himself. He asks his partner to marry him and she turns him down largely because he's not rich. Amazingly, females on this board subscribe to this nonsense too.

If you cannot marry your man when he's nobody, you are not worthy of him when he's somebody. Period.

This is why I have always said I will not marry anybody who is beneath me in socio-economic standing. (If a girl isn't from a relatively wealthy family or without serious earning potential, we are only f__cking. I can't wife you.) You can never be certain that she's with you because she loves you -- or because she sees you as a ticket to a better life.
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by MrsChima(f): 4:51pm On Feb 15, 2011
lonewolf:

Nigerian girls will always continue to intrigue me. Here, you have a guy who's trying to make ends meet, is working hard and trying to build a good situation for himself. He asks his partner to marry him and she turns him down largely because he's not rich. Amazingly, females on this board subscribe to this nonsense too.

If you cannot marry your man when he's nobody, you are not worthy of him when he's somebody. Period.

This is why I have always said I will not marry anybody who is beneath me in socio-economic standing. (If a girl isn't from a relatively wealthy family or without serious earning potential, we are only f__cking. I can't wife you.) You can never be certain that she's with you because she loves you -- or because she sees you as a ticket to a better life.

You went on and on about NIGERIAN WOMEN not accepting a man who is not rich BUT YOU WON'T MARRY A WOMAN WHO IS BENEATH YOUR ECON/SOC STATUS? What the Bleep?
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by Enoquin(f): 4:53pm On Feb 15, 2011
Castigating   only   the   babe   is   funny.   What   happened  to   not   judging   until   one   hears   both  sides.  For   example,   how   long   they've   been   dating.   Cause   the   way   i  see   it,   if   they've  been   at   it  long,   it  must   be   the   girl   who   has   been  supporting   the  both   of   them.  Abuja  is  an   expensive  place  to  live  not  to  talk  of  transportation,  feeding and  meeting  another  spouse's  needs.  The  girl  thought   about  it  and  a   number  of  things   could   havee influenced  her  decision  like   her  background.  She  may  not  want  to  repeat  the   same  cycle  of poverty(not  that  am  saying   that  the  guy  is poverty  bound)
As  someone  rightly  said,  baby's   food  and pampers  is  not  cheap  not to  talk  of  other  things.  The  girl's  fault  lies   in not  advising   her  man  to have  gone  for  a professional  course or something(that is if they  have been dating  for long),  if  she knew that  he was  the one she was going too settle  down with.  Again if the man is 33/35, it means she is definitely not 18 and may be getting some pressures from family.
BTW tell me how a grown man still supports himself on one stream of income.
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by lonewolf: 5:05pm On Feb 15, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

You went on and on about NIGERIAN WOMEN not accepting a man who is not rich BUT YOU WON'T MARRY A WOMAN WHO IS BENEATH YOUR ECON/SOC STATUS? What the bleep?

Because I am not gona be anybody's meal ticket. Bring your 50%, I'll bring mine. Then we can talk marriage.
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by Nobody: 5:12pm On Feb 15, 2011
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by dayokanu(m): 5:30pm On Feb 15, 2011
Chaircover,

Shey you dey see why I am always against these women. You see that your opinion is in the minority among women on this thread.

On one hand they claim they need a man who loves them on the other hand they say the love is tied to money.

Lemme ask, If the girl leaves the guy and somehow the guy makes it, Would you now blame the guy if he has an impression that ALL girls are gold diggers.

Let the guy go, He would meet someone else who deserves him.

Someone told a story about how a high flying Harvard trained Chicago lady was proposed to by an intern and broke boy. She agreed and they got married Years later the man is the President of the whole Freaking United States and the most Powerful man in the world

Go figure
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by ykchap(m): 5:46pm On Feb 15, 2011
The girl does't luv the guy. All hope is not lost yet, u'll make it, and d girl shal be put 2 shame.
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by MrsChima(f): 5:50pm On Feb 15, 2011
lonewolf:

Because I am not gona be anybody's meal ticket. Bring your 50%, I'll bring mine. Then we can talk marriage.

That is my point. It is okay for you not to be anyone's meal ticket BUT a Nigerian chick must accept a broke man or a man who is not making enough to support HIMSELF let alone her?

You are tripping.
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by mrperfect(m): 5:54pm On Feb 15, 2011
Is 33 getting old? let his gets mind in the real thing.
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by Rhino5dm: 5:59pm On Feb 15, 2011
Double wahala for dead body . On a serious note, majority of girls wont dabble in to that "high risk" and i wouldnt do that either wink. you can only cook food in the pot  not love! embarassed

simple way out is to go for over age babe or a low lifer(from the ghetto) or wait until he finds a better job.

love and money are inter woven, only a hypocrite will want to seperate them. which kind of house are they going to be living in  ?? even bacther is more than 4k per month. wink
Re: Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job by kokoye(m): 6:28pm On Feb 15, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Is that Koyoke? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Yes this is me over and over again.

We indirectly encourage fraud, looking and armed robbery by celebrating  (and marrying) only the wealthy regardless of how they made their money.

We see the hard-working but still struggling man or woman and we mock and rebuke them for being broke and penniless.

And yet we blame the Nigerian goverment.

Judging by the posts on this thread, a lot of people do not care about love. simple.

This means I am allowed to call some people gold diggers.

I shake my head again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

He Spoils Me Silly - How Can I Thank Him / Do Ugly Girls Have Any Purpose In Life, Why Were Dey Made? / Funke My S£xy Secretary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.