Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:19 AM

. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (13295 Views)

I'm Very Confused With My Life. / Boy Shows His Zanku Legwork, Gbe Body Dance Moves, People Confused About His Age / Lady Shares Stunning Photos with her Mom, But People are Confused Which is Mom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Mumben(f): 8:41am On Aug 10, 2020
Re: . by blackpanthar: 8:45am On Aug 10, 2020
Mumben:
Gd morning nlders, this is a family issue.
In a family where one amongst all is more privileged than the others as a result of exposure to opportunities, is it adviceable to not show your siblings the way for fear they might become rude and ungrateful in the long run?
Worthy of note is that this privileged one doesn't Dole out money anyhow whether to siblings or parents and even gets angry when his not so buoyant junior does things that involves money for d family. He sees d gesture as trying to compete with him.
Pls nlders, what is ur take on this? Honest replys

Let us first know what your position is in this family.

3 Likes

Re: . by Mumben(f): 8:48am On Aug 10, 2020
blackpanthar:

I am one of d siblings, I am neither d privileged one nor the junior one with a generous heart.

3 Likes

Re: . by Mumben(f): 8:50am On Aug 10, 2020
blackpanthar:

I am one of d siblings, I am neither d privileged one nor the junior one with a generous heart. I don't want to be biased, I want to know if d privileged one is right by his assumptions.
Re: . by fykes(m): 9:14am On Aug 10, 2020
Op. What u saying happens in many Ibo families especially with 1st born who happens to be richer. I am not saying its peculiar to first born but I have seen it in many of them.
It's a character flaw of greed and selfishness expressing itself in the person's insecurities. It happens everywhere and it's a painful thing because no one knows tomorrow and nobody should play god over another.
I also see it as a sign of weakness and immaturity for a grown up man to be so openly insecure to the point of trying to dictate to other men or run their lives and affairs.

11 Likes

Re: . by Unnerve: 9:21am On Aug 10, 2020
Mumben:
In a family where one amongst all is more privileged than the others as a result of exposure to opportunities, is it adviceable to not show your siblings the way for fear they might become rude and ungrateful in the long run?
Worthy of note is that this privileged one doesn't Dole out money anyhow whether to siblings or parents and even gets angry when his not so buoyant junior does things that involves money for d family. He sees d gesture as trying to compete with him.
A witch is not just someone who flies at night using plantain leaf for aerodynamics or transforms into a bird for the culture, a witch is also this person in your post.

He/she should be related with only after wearing safety gloves and goggles.

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: . by pocohantas(f): 9:28am On Aug 10, 2020
Unnerve:

A witch is not just someone who flies at night using plantain leaf for aerodynamics or transforms into a bird for the culture, a witch is also this person in your post. He/she should be related with only after wearing safety gloves and goggles.

Mumben:
He sees d gesture as trying to compete with him.

A wizard please. Leave we witches out of this, he is not one of us. Thank you...

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: . by Ishilove: 9:29am On Aug 10, 2020
pocohantas:

A wizard please. Leave we witches out of this, he is not one of us. Thank you...
Lmao

3 Likes

Re: . by Ishilove: 9:33am On Aug 10, 2020
Mumben:
I don't know what kind of mentality this is, some families like mine compete to pamper and spoil our parents and anyone slacking gets tongue lashed by the eldest. See, let whoever is capable contribute his own quota and ignore the agbaya big brother. Don't wait for him to show you the way; make your own way.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Mumben(f): 9:43am On Aug 10, 2020
fykes:
Op. What u saying happens in many Ibo families especially with 1st born who happens to be richer. I am not saying its peculiar to first born but I have seen it in many of them.
It's a character flaw of greed and selfishness expressing itself in the person's insecurities. It happens everywhere and it's a painful thing because no one knows tomorrow and nobody should play god over another.
I also see it as a sign of weakness and immaturity for a grown up man to be so openly insecure to the point of trying to dictate to other men or run their lives and affairs.
My goodness, you sure understand the scenario perfectly, yes he is the diopkara and wants to play 'god'. My thoughts is if u don't want to be of help to others, you shouldn't feel bad if your far younger and generous junior does it with joy. I want to advise d junior to henceforth do things without his knowledge so as to avoid problems. I hate bitterness amongst siblings.

4 Likes

Re: . by Mumben(f): 9:45am On Aug 10, 2020
Ishilove:

I don't know what kind of mentality this is, some families like mine compete to pamper and spoil our parents and anyone slacking gets tongue lashed by the eldest. See, let whoever is capable contribute his own quota and ignore the agbaya big brother. Don't wait for him to show you the way; make your own way.
thank you, I appreciate.
Re: . by blackpanthar: 9:57am On Aug 10, 2020
Mumben:
I am one of d siblings, I am neither d privileged one nor the junior one with a generous heart. I don't want to be biased, I want to know if d privileged one is right by his assumptions.

The privileged is PROUD and SELFISH if the success or contribution of the generous junior one makes him feel angry.....

His wealth is supposed to be used to help his junior siblings have an advantage in Life. That is what FAMILY is supposed to be.

So the junior one who has a generous heart will be BLESSED and EVERYONE WILL LOVE HIM/HER

But the older sibling who is rich is NOT doing well, he is being selfish, self-centered, and proud.

2 Likes

Re: . by LordKO(m): 9:58am On Aug 10, 2020
fykes:

You're a typical tribalistic and chauvinistic element, "Ibo" this, Ibo that - you can't be a bona fide Igbo man, so don't come back to tell me you're one, or stop projecting your useless family on others. Personally, my eldest brother is one of the most selfless human beings I've ever known, and I'm certain majority of other bona fide Igbo sons and daughters will honestly say the same about their eldest siblings, covertly or overtly. So, it amounts to foolishness for a bumpkin like you to mete out campaign of calumny against the Igbos in this regard.

Do yourself good and direct your mention to the fools who brought you into this world, or the ones who may urge you on here, because I won't dignify you with a reply. This thread isn't about Igbos.

@OP

I hope you haven't mistaken your unconquerable well-to-do brother for a stingy person; I have always seen this happen. Also, I hope you have not mistaken his informally non-transferable knowledge means of success as unwillingness to show others the way to amass riches. More so, make sure you haven't overestimated his wealth. It's always easy to cast aspersions on others, especially when coming from the receiving end. In fact, I won't be surprised if it's established that you're the self-absorbing one, because self-absorbing people and insatiableness and hypocrisy are inseparable. Stay resourceful.

All the same, I don't hold brief your eldest or well-to-do brother.

27 Likes

Re: . by pocohantas(f): 10:08am On Aug 10, 2020
Ishilove:

Lmao

Yes na. We don’t stop our siblings or man from taking care of parents. It is not part of our code of conduct. The wizards can have him. cheesy

OP’s brother should be ignored, he isn’t a team player. Small something, e turn it to competition.

2 Likes

Re: . by Unnerve: 10:10am On Aug 10, 2020
pocohantas:

Potayto Potahto

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by mariahAngel(f): 10:14am On Aug 10, 2020
fykes:

Mumu, how many Igbo families have you related closely with to come to this malicious conclusion?
I don't blame you, I blame the op who agrees with you because your hateful assertion fits perfectly well with her family.

7 Likes

Re: . by fykes(m): 10:15am On Aug 10, 2020
LordKO:

You're a typical tribalistic and chauvinistic element, "Ibo" this, Ibo that - you can't be a bona fide Igbo man, so don't come back to tell me you're one, or stop projecting your useless family on others. Personally, my eldest brother is one of the most selfless human beings I've ever known, and I'm certain majority of other bona fide Igbo sons and daughters will honestly say the same about their eldest siblings, covertly or overtly. So, it amounts to foolishness for a bumpkin like you to mete out campaign of calumny against the Igbos in this regard.

Do yourself good and direct your mention to the fools who brought you into this world, or the ones who may urge you on here, because I won't dignify you with a reply. This thread isn't about Igbos.

@OP

I hope you haven't mistaken your unsubjuagble well-to-do brother for a stingy person; I have always seen this happen. Also, I hope you have not mistaken his informally non-transferable knowledge means of success as unwillingness to show others the way to amass riches. More so, make sure you haven't overestimated his wealth. It's always easy to cast aspersions on others, especially when coming from the receiving end. In fact, I won't be surprised if it's established that you're the self-absorbing one, because self-absorbing people and insatiableness and hypocrisy are inseparable. Stay resourceful.

All the same, I don't hold brief your eldest brother.
U know misery often seeks companion... If u expect me to engage in name calling with u, nah...
U should know however, that nobody is responsible for ur misery and no one cares about ur woes... Take ur frustrations as a man.
My 1cent

13 Likes

Re: . by Biglittlelois(f): 10:15am On Aug 10, 2020
pocohantas:

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by fykes(m): 10:23am On Aug 10, 2020
Mumben:
My goodness, you sure understand the scenario perfectly, yes he is the diopkara and wants to play 'god'. My thoughts is if u don't want to be of help to others, you shouldn't feel bad if your far younger and generous junior does it with joy. I want to advise d junior to henceforth do things without his knowledge so as to avoid problems. I hate bitterness amongst siblings.
My dear don't mind myopic people who can't see beyond their noses. People who have had no dealings with other tribes seem to see the world as their living room.
Most times d guy feels the need to be the only voice and the point of reference on every matter. That's how he feeds his ego and self importance.
Y'all should learn to ignore him and quit pandering to his whims cos he won't make any meaningful contribution to ur well being.. Such people will always hand u crumbs even if they have the means to buy u a bakery

3 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 10, 2020
pocohantas:

Hahaha grin

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 10:46am On Aug 10, 2020
He wouldn't show the younger ones the way, wouldn't spend on family yet gets angry well another is being generous?

What level of wizardry is this? grin

Anyways there always a solution to every problem, the family should stop giving him feedbacks on who does what... Let them keep quite about any kind gestures dey get and leave him to his misery.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by frozen70(f): 11:18am On Aug 10, 2020
Mumben:

Some members of the family who are buoyant may not tell you how far and may now want to give cash depending on his source of wealth

Just try on your own to stand up like wise everyone

Your struggle is not to compete with him but to fe d for yourself

Though you didn't mention what help he refuse to offer

1 Like

Re: . by Mumben(f): 11:48am On Aug 10, 2020
LordKO:

@OP

I hope you haven't mistaken your unconquerable well-to-do brother for a stingy person; I have always seen this happen. Also, I hope you have not mistaken his informally non-transferable knowledge means of success as unwillingness to show others the way to amass riches. More so, make sure you haven't overestimated his wealth. It's always easy to cast aspersions on others, especially when coming from the receiving end. In fact, I won't be surprised if it's established that you're the self-absorbing one, because self-absorbing people and insatiableness and hypocrisy are inseparable. Stay resourceful.

All the same, I don't hold brief your eldest or well-to-do brother.
My dear, u won't understand. He is very proud and stingy. My mum almost placed a curse on him some time ago but I stood in d gap and pleaded on his behalf. Mind you, I am a very content person.

2 Likes

Re: . by NtiObaEneke(f): 11:55am On Aug 10, 2020
Mumben:
This should solve the problems.
Re: . by Karleb(m): 11:59am On Aug 10, 2020
pocohantas:

grin grin grin
Re: . by TransAtlanticEx(m): 1:08pm On Aug 10, 2020
I can guess you people are from Imo state with this kind of backward thinking.Very childish,timid and poor people especially the mbaise ones
I too like my people abeg.Anambra is for family progress.
You can see this level of fuckery only with Imo people.
You shouldn't be surprised na una way undecided

1 Like

Re: . by Klass99(f): 1:14pm On Aug 10, 2020

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by Igbaf: 1:18pm On Aug 10, 2020
I stand to be corrected,I'm from Anambra,n married to Anambra. My late dad was the diokpara and carried all his siblings along and made sure they stood their feet. My brother too carries everyone along. I'm married to a diokpara too who is very selfless. So it's a matter of the individual involved. He doesn't know God and is quite selfish. If not he'll know that all he has is a privilege from God. Imagine extending his stinginess to his own mother.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by annayawchee: 1:22pm On Aug 10, 2020
TransAtlanticEx:
I can guess you people are from Imo state with this kind of backward thinking.Very childish,timid and poor people especially the mbaise ones
ibu ufukpu

2 Likes

Re: . by TransAtlanticEx(m): 1:23pm On Aug 10, 2020
Igbaf:
I stand to be corrected,I'm from Anambra,n married to Anambra. My late dad was the diokpara and carried all his siblings along and made sure they stood their feet. My brother too carries everyone along. I'm married to a diokpara too who is very selfless. So it's a matter of the individual involved. He doesn't know God and is quite selfish. If not he'll know that all he has is a privilege from God. Imagine extending his stinginess to his own mother.
This is our way.
I think it has a lot to do with upbringing.
Go to mbaise and see something.
You will see many people languishing in that village but have well to do brothers in cities and when they start to succeed,their already succesful brother gets jealous.
That is why they are poor as a people today and their place remains an eyesore.
Anambra invented the apprentice system and were the first to send nwaboy abroad to go and bring goods.
That is how they grew but these primitive ones will be fighting over rubbish.
Tueh!!

2 Likes

Re: . by mariahAngel(f): 2:14pm On Aug 10, 2020
[s]
TransAtlanticEx:
[/s]

You're an embarrassment to your people.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Proposal Rings Only!!! / NL Wife Material / Woman Kills Neighbour Over Bench

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.