Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,121 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

I Saw 2 Men Holding Hands - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Saw 2 Men Holding Hands (1159 Views)

Holding Hands: Soft Hands Vs Rough/dry/hard Hands, Which Do You Prefer??! / Couples Married For 62 Years Dies Holding Hands / The Wooing Challenge - SEASON 2- MEN [ ENDED ] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Saw 2 Men Holding Hands by proverbial: 10:49am On Jun 18, 2007
I stumbled upon a certain Nigerian home-video today(hadn't watched one in a while), and something caught my eye. shocked
Two Men who Held Hands, Freely Hugging Each Other, and without hesitation touching each other without weirdness(shoulder, belly tap, arm around waist, stuff like that). shocked

This rekindled some memories I had of Nigeria that I thought I'd share.

Here it would be considered very gay.
Re: I Saw 2 Men Holding Hands by acidrop(f): 10:50am On Jun 18, 2007
dont comprehend, where they gay, or they were just showing affection in a weird manner undecided
Re: I Saw 2 Men Holding Hands by Maneater1(f): 2:39pm On Jun 18, 2007
Gay or not, everyone should have freedom of expression. if u feel like hugging a guy, go for it. Whats anyones bizness if ur gay, others should learn not to discriminate against others.
Re: I Saw 2 Men Holding Hands by rowlandwhy: 3:50pm On Jun 18, 2007
I dont know why u guys are so meticuluos in this gay thing.

@proverb
Is it bad for some one to hug a friend?

A friend would like to even like to kiss u depending on the moment or things going on.
People like u are the type that commits most.
Why not carry on with ur life and leave others?
Re: I Saw 2 Men Holding Hands by Macgreat(m): 4:09pm On Jun 18, 2007
showing love i guess,nothing wrong with that
Re: I Saw 2 Men Holding Hands by ajayi1(m): 4:38pm On Jun 18, 2007
No dought they are gay,
Re: I Saw 2 Men Holding Hands by drrionelli(m): 6:17pm On Jun 18, 2007
It seems that proverbial is saying that the men in the video were not gay. In other words, their displays friendship were, indeed, just that--friendly displays. It suggests a cultural manifestation of what is accepted in Nigeria, but looked upon differently in other places.

Am I even close, there, proverbial?
Re: I Saw 2 Men Holding Hands by proverbial: 10:02pm On Jun 18, 2007
yes, drionelli, you understand. grin
Re: I Saw 2 Men Holding Hands by Islander(f): 10:42pm On Jun 18, 2007
@topic
I personally do not see anything wrong with that. I can vividly recalled once my girlfriend Nay and I were walking and we were sharing a joke. I was laughing so hard that I almost tripped, she reached over and grabbed me. We continued holding hands and without even paying much attention to it, some guys on the sidewalk immediately started shouting anti-gay slangs at us.

In one psychology class, a white professor tried to convince me that affection among same sex blacks are rare as a result of the father figure being absent in homes. In other words he claimed that since many children grow up without fathers and are not shown affection, it trickes down to our inability or lack of affection towards people of the same sex.
Re: I Saw 2 Men Holding Hands by idiotogbdcm(m): 3:32am On Jun 19, 2007
islander
very intelligent of you, cool am impressed at least for once wink keep it up kiss
Re: I Saw 2 Men Holding Hands by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:25am On Jun 19, 2007
@topic
of course they are gay.
Re: I Saw 2 Men Holding Hands by kulaShaker(f): 1:58pm On Jun 19, 2007
i just wish some will get over this gay/ or not hang ups. sad
Re: I Saw 2 Men Holding Hands by drrionelli(m): 2:05pm On Jun 19, 2007
@kulaShaker:

WORD!

(1) (Reply)

The Girl I Want To Marry Want Me Off the Mtn Free Magic For A Friend Of Hers / She Said She Got Pregnant But I Never Dipped Into Her / Advise, What Does She Have In Mind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.