Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,926 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) - Literature (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) (78887 Views)

Classic (18+) [Book 2 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] / "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi / Matrimony Of Secrets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by Josipov: 1:48pm On Sep 17, 2020
divinelypruned:

No Donald is not his adopted father, in the first series a man helped him from his secondary school, but he is late

He only offered to help Elsa to sponsor her son(Dele).
Moreover, it was never recorded that the said man had a romantic relationship with Elsa, plus they never married.
So therefore, he can never be termed dele's adopted Father.

1 Like

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by Khriztarl(f): 4:01pm On Sep 17, 2020
GodShowmemercy:
ok. Pixedot on the run
Lol.
Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by millieademi: 4:44am On Sep 18, 2020
Hi guys...

I won't even bother getting into the TINDEL/DEMI/TRIS/OTHER PEOPLE argument.

I really just want to clear up the Adopted father issue.

Délé's adopted father is not Donald. By all means, if Donald is anything to Dele,he is his stepfather.

In chapter one of the first book, Mr. Garba was told of. He sponsored Dele through university and had asked for Elsa's hand in marriage. Elsa refused thinking Jola would come back.

So...

I hope the issue is cleared up.

Two updates will follow after this.

3 Likes

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by millieademi: 4:45am On Sep 18, 2020
Episode 41 - Stalked

Rosanna carried her tray to the first table she saw. Her lips smacked as she broke out the sealed cutleries. The Ofada rice was to die for. And ever since Seyifunmi brought home an extra plate for her after a date with Dele, she'd made a mental note to come here herself.

The juicy, luscious pomo curled beside the peppered roasted folded fish. This was going to be heaven. She swallowed her saliva, and raised her knuckle to her head and shoulders in the sign of a cross. She dug her spoon in and stirred the short grains with the brownish fried sauce.

The aroma wafted into her nostrils, and she smiled heartily. There was nothing like being employed. And getting a raise.

Yep, money's a girl's best friend.

She raised the spoon to a berth of her mouth, close enough to smell the delicious aroma of the fresh chevon used in preparing the sauce.

"Ro!"

She cringed.

What the hell did she do to these f*uckers? Why couldn't they leave her alone.

Her gaze lifted to see the two men in front of her with their trays. She stiffled a smile.

"Good evening." She greeted and scratched the back of her neck.

"May we join you." Joshua asked.

No.

She pushed her face muscles to smile and jesture at the seats in front of her.

"How are you?" William asked.

"Great." She answered and picked up her spoon. She stirred the rice again and brought a spoonful to her mouth.

"You're probably wondering why you see us everywhere." Joshua started.

She raised her brow as she chewed.

Well, aren't you Captain Obvious.

"We have a proposition for you." William continued. She swallowed and set down her spoon.

Okay.

She gave a small smile. Who knew they had a job for her?

"Shoot. I'm all ears."

They looked at each other and then back at her.

"The thing is-" William started.

"We like you." Joshua blurted.

William turned to glare at him.

Like me?

"There's no point stalling. She probably thinks we're stalkers."

"Can you ever do things delicately?" William snarled.

"Whatever." Joshua said and rolled his eyes.

"Before you start bickering, can you tell me the proposition?"

Save your catfights for your own time.

William smiled at her.

"Like Joshua indelicately said, we like you. And we'd want to share you." William said.

Ehn?

She squinted at them.

"I'm not sure I get you." She whispered. "Share me how? What kind of job is it?"

Joshua smirked at her.

"Ro, don't act so naive. We both want to f*uck you. And we can pay you for it." He said.

A chill of filth wrapped itself around her and she hugged herself.

Did she look like the kind of girl men shared?

Did things like this really happen in Nigeria?

She thought Nigerians didn't have the time for such nonsense.

Menage a trois? Her?

"How's a hundred k?" William said.

A hundred thousand? Did she really look that cheap?

"Too small? How about we add fifty thousand?" Joshua said.

She flew out of her seat and grabbed her handbag.

"You sick bastards can take your one-fifty thousand and shove it up your debauched ass-holes." She whispered yelled.

"We can make it two-fifty." Joshua said.

She gasped and picked up her glass of water and emptied in his face.

"If I ever see you around me again, you will spend the night in a guardroom. Creeps!" She yelled and stormed out of the restaurant.

What nonsense?!

Who did they think they were?

She knew they had to be creeps. Especially that idiot with the tattoos.

She stomped down the street. Those bastards were something else. They let her waste the one-five she spent on her plate of Ofada. She stopped and clenched her handbag.

God punish the two of you.

"Taxi," she shouted and tried to flag down a taxi. The driver zoomed past her in his empty cab.

She hissed.

She saw the headlights of Joshua's SUV, and she fumed. The jeep slowed in front of her.

"Ro, get in." William barked as he rolled down his window.

"You must be crazy. Get away from me." She shouted.

"Get the f*uck in!" William shouted and raised a gun.

"Oh my God!" She whispered as her blood turned to ice in her veins.

"Get in, Ro." Joshua said.

She shook her head.

"Look, I'm sorry. I'm in a relationship, so I can't do that stuff with you. Please." She whispered as tears stung her eyes.

Her bladder filled itself and she shifted her weight from leg to leg as she shook in fear.

"What is going on here?" A female LASTMA official barked. "Shey una no know say this place na no parking zone?"

Thank you Jesus.

Another officer came lugging the metal puncture tool- a yellow bar of spikes attached to a metre long handle.

"Officer." William laughed as he hid his gun away as the female officer drew closer.

She turned on her heels and walked as fast as she could. She turned unto the next street, hoping the officers would impound their vehicle.

She stopped and tried to hail another taxi. This time it was full. She groaned and brought out her phone. The red battery icon had her hissing again. The phone would die before she could order a taxi. She turned her head to the left and saw the SUV driving her way.

Her heart pounded and she turned to the right. She saw two soldiers. She jogged to them and greeted.

The two men beamed at her, and she begged them for their phones. One of them slipped out of his pocket, a small phone.

"Baby!" Joshua cooed as he got out of his vehicle.

She collected the man's phone and said, "Officers, I don't know these men."

"Ahan, Ro. Just because he was late? Calm down. He already apologised." William said laughing.

The soldiers looked from her to the men in confusion.

"Abeg, wetin dey hapin hia?" One man drawled with a thick Ibo accent.

William launched into a story of how she was Joshua's girlfriend and she was supposed to meet him for dinner, but Joshua came late because they had to take a colleague to the hospital.

What psychopaths!

"Officers, as old as I am, I know who my boyfriend is. And I am not a girlfriend to either of these men. They've just been following me. In fact, I want to call my REAL boyfriend now." Rosanna said.

"Oya, call him." The other man said.

She dialed Ose's number and he picked on the second ring.

"Hello, who is this?"

She sighed and said, "Hi, Ose. It's Rosanna. I've been waiting for you, my love. Where are you?"

"Hello?"

God, please, Ose play along.

"Babe, it's me. I need you to pick me up." She said and told him where she was.

Ose told her he was in the neighborhood and she melted in relief.

"Okay, I'll be waiting. See you soon, my love." She said and hung up.

"Ro, don't waste these gentlemen's time. Just get in the car." Joshua said.

"Officers, please wait. My boyfriend will be here soon."

"Na so so drama for this Lagos." The Ibo accented man said, laughing.

"Sister, you sure say dis man no be ya boyfriend?" He continued.

"He isn't."

Five minutes later, Ose pulled up beside them and got out of the car. He greeted the soldiers and she launched at him.

"Baby!" She shouted, beaming.

She pulled him closer and placed her lips to his. Rather than a light peck, she moved her lips against his and Ose's jaw slackened in shock. Going for realism, she launched her tongue into his mouth and let it know just how much she was happy to see him.

The show she was putting on for the men behind her turned real as Ose kissed her back. His tongue licked hers, and pleasure had her toes curling in her flat.

"Ahem!" The Ibo soldier shouted, and the broke apart. Ose's eyes shimmered down at her before he turn a penitent look to the soldiers as he curled a hand around her waist.

"Sorry sir." He apologized.

"E con be as if somebody dey watch Diego and Paloma." The man jived smiling.

"We haven't seen each other in a while." Rosanna said smiling.

The men turned to glare at Joshua and William and accuse them of being kidnappers.

You got that right.

Ose excused them and led them to his car. He held open the door for her, and she got in.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by millieademi: 4:45am On Sep 18, 2020
Episode 42 - Respect my feelings

Breaking me - Topic ft A7S

Ose's heart sped as he heaved in excitement. His tongue ran over his bottom lip as he recalled the soft weight of Rosanna's plush lips against his. The soft texture moving against his.

He turned to look at her. She was typing so furiously on her phone plugged in with his car charger. Her brows were furrowed as she punched the keyboard on the screen.

"Everything okay?" He asked.

She looked up and her frown eased into a beautiful smile.

"Everything's okay now that you're here. Thanks for picking me up." She said.

"No p. Who were those guys?" He asked and her phone chimed.

"I have to get this." She said and plugged in her earphones.

"Hello Mrs. Toberu. Good evening." She greeted, and launched into a long conversation about a new fashion line that she'd be writing about.

He shrugged and continued driving. He took the next exit that would lead them to Ikeja. He was taking her home, and they were going to have a long talk about their relationship status.

The drive down from Surulere was filled with Ro's one-sided conversation on the phone. She turned to look at him with a puzzled look on her face as she recognized the environs.

He raised his brow at her and she shrugged.

Better.

The light traffic had him pulling up in front of his compound in no time. He honked twice and the gatekeeper pushed open the gate. He drove in and parked the car in his spot.

"Mrs. Toberu, can I call you back in thirty minutes?"

Rosanna nodded and smiled .

"Thank you, ma." She said and hung up. She pulled out her earphones from her ears and sighed.

"Sorry about that."

"No problem." He said and took off his seatbelt.
"I hope you have food because I am famished." She said and took off hers.

He nodded and she grinned.

"Oya, na."

She skittered out of the car in glee and he couldn't help chuckling.

Rosanna and food. Mother of all foodies.

He got out of the car and locked it. He followed her up the stairs to his apartment and he unlocked the door. He went in after her and he flipped on the light switch.

Should he let her eat first? Or should they talk first?

Rosanna didn't give him an opportunity to decide as she threw her bag on the first sofa she could find and dashed into his kitchen.

Eating first it is.

"God bless you, Fejirose Lawrence." She said and burped. "Oops."

She cringed in shame and he just laughed.

"Fine geh like you."

"Na packaging."

He chuckled as she crashed beside him on the loveseat.

She sighed and said, "I better leave. I don't want Seyifunmi to hurt herself before I get back."

He frowned. "How's she holding up?"

"She's better now. She doesn't cry as much as she used to. Dele gave her some kind of condition. He'd only forgive her if she finds his kids."

"Bastard. If he wants to forgive her, he should. Why the condition?"

Rosanna shrugged.

"The guy might be a-holeish, but Seyifunmi did betray him. She brought it upon herself. And like I used to say, if you can't do the time, don't do the crime."

"You've never said that." Ose said shaking his head.

Rosanna smiled. "Na you sabi. But really, how can you distrust someone you claim to love? I know Kola was a jerk who left her untrusting beyond words but still. Dele wasn't the kind of man who sleeps with your coursemate or his ex. He had honour. The kind most men lack today."

"What about me?" He sighed. "Do I have honour?"

She turned and stared into his eyes. Silence engulfed them as heat flickered between them. She parted her lips and let out a soft sigh.

"You're the most reliable man I've ever met, Ose, and to your values and beliefs,you stay true."

"Was that a yes or a no?"

Her eyes lightened as she whispered, "Figure it out."

He closed the gap between them slowly, gaging her reactions with his eyes, capturing her face on the film of his heart.

"Ro, where do we stand now? You know how I feel. Are ready to be with me?"

He breathed against her face and her eyes darkened.

"Ose, I should leave." She said and pulled back.

He held on to her wrist.

"Rosanna, please. Let's talk about this. I know you feel something for me-"

"And I told you, I'm never gonna act on it." She shouted, frowning. "Get a grip, Ose. Pu-lease."

"Ro, you kissed me, today."

"And you kissed me back. I don't see what the issue is."

Her words lit a spark of rage within him. Why was she so unwilling to be with him?

She tugged at her hand, but he held on tight.

"Ose, let me go."

"Not until you explain this to me, Ro. I'm trying to understand. Why can't you be with me? Do I repulse you so much? I don't understand."

"Look, Ose. You can't grasp it. Let it go."

"Make me understand. What happened today, Ro? I was willing to let you go, but you called me. You kissed me. Was it all a joke to you?"

"Yes!" She shouted and his heart dashed into a million pieces.

"Those men were stalking me, and I needed to prove to them that I was in a relationship with someone."

God!

Was she this heartless?

He scanned her face for some evidence she was lying. He only saw the bluntness in her eyes. He released her hand as he saw her for the monster she was.

"So you toyed with my feelings because you were stalked?"

Her frowned eased and a look of pity shrouded her features. That added oxygen to the little flame of rage in his heart.

"Ose, I'm sorry."

"Shut up." He shouted and stood.

"Because you knew I'd come running like the imbecilic love sick puppy you know I am, that gave you the right to play with my feelings?" He shouted.

She stood with tears of remorse in her eyes.

"Ose, I'm really sorry. I didn't realize you'd take it so serious and-"

"Rosanna, if you couldn't reciprocate my feelings, courtesy demands you at least respect them. What did I ever do to you? I only showered you with all the love and care I could give, and you do this to me?"

She took a step to him, and his raised his hand to stop her.

"Thanks, Ro. Thank you so much. You wanted to leave. The door's open. Leave and never come back. If you see me on the street, pretend you don't know me, and I'll do the same. Ro, from today, you cease to matter to me." He said and left for his bedroom.

6 Likes

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by Asek1(m): 5:22am On Sep 18, 2020
Finally am here and outta ghosting wink
This Ro of a lady na something else o
If it were to be the other way round now . . .
Lemme keep my peace and follow the story as it unfolds
Millie you are doing well cool
Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by mhizv(f): 6:28am On Sep 18, 2020
Thanks Millie

1 Like

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by skubido(m): 6:57am On Sep 18, 2020
Hmmmmmm

OP u too much, you they try wella. Jah bless ya hand work

1 Like

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by Ann2012(f): 8:35am On Sep 18, 2020
Ose is not asking for too much, all he’s asking for is Rosanna’s love..... shikena
That Joshua and William na bastard ooooo, thank God for Ro

Thanks for the update ma’am

1 Like

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by Josipov: 9:14am On Sep 18, 2020
Ann2012:
Ose is not asking for too much, all he’s asking for is Rosanna’s love..... shikena
That Joshua and William na bastard ooooo, thank God for Ro

Thanks for the update ma’am

And I was beginning to like them oo, I never knew they were werewolves in sheep skin.
May God protect our ladies oo
Orisirisi
Chai!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by GodShowmemercy(f): 12:39pm On Sep 18, 2020
Wow

1 Like

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by peacy26: 1:43pm On Sep 18, 2020
Thanks Millie, you're the best

1 Like

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by Ann2612(f): 3:39pm On Sep 18, 2020
Wao! More inspiration to u Millie.

1 Like

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by millieademi: 7:07pm On Sep 18, 2020
Episode 43- And it's raining engagement rings.

Seyifunmi pushed herself further till she got to Ro's front door. The rather eventful day culminated in her getting a query. The first one in her over seven years in the job market. But that wasn't what had her stressed out. She'd responded to the query already, and had been slapped with a warning.

She didn't care. She'd gotten the satisfaction of punching Damilola and ducking her pay.

B*itch.

The resounding echo of her nose breaking brought a smile to her face and she recalled the shocked, petrified faces of Damilola's squad. She'd given them the last warning, and they'd seen that she wasn't eran riro.(A softie.)

She met the security light outside their flat turned on and she rapped on the door thrice.

"Eberechukwu," she sang, "abeg come open this door. I don tire."

Seconds after Ro unlocked the door and held it open standing in the red shirt she'd worn to work and a pair of hot pants. Her eyes were red.

"Sorry if I woke you up." Seyifunmi said as she walked in.

"I wish I could sleep." Rosanna said and locked the door.

Seyifunmi crashed unto the nearest sofa.

"You forgot your phone." Rosanna said and Seyifunmi groaned.

"I know. I didn't even realize till my boss called me after I responded to my query."

Rosanna's eyes popped out.

"Don't tell me you got a query for moping on the job."

Seyifunmi sighed.

"I wish. I got it for something I don't regret. I hit Damilola."

Rosanna gasped and cringed as though she was the one slapped.

"A punch in the face. In the bullpen. Just after lunch hour. Right in front of all her cronies and supporters. I wish I recorded her face. It was priceless. A se ko ti e le. All talk. Quivering in her shoes like a leaf in the rain, holding her bleeding nose." Seyifunmi ranted as she removed her ankle strap heels.(She's not even that tough.)

"Nice. Put the b*itch in her place."

"Yep."

Girl on Fire by Alicia Keys filled the room and Rosanna rushed to get the phone from underneath the console stand.

"It's your mum." Rosanna said. "She's been calling non-stop."

"What does she want?" I thought she didn't want anything to do with me."

"Well, she saw the video of you begging Dele and your supposed reconciliation. She wants to confirm if the wedding is back on." Rosanna said.

"F*uck. Where does that old woman get access to all these videos?" Seyifunmi snapped and jerked up.

Rosanna shrugged.

"What did you tell her?"

"That my boss was calling me and I'd call back?" Rosanna said raising her brow.

"Ehn pick it and tell her that I'm not back yet."

"And if she asks about the wedding?"

"Right. Don't answer it then."

The phone went on ringing for minutes and then it stopped.

"Phew." Seyifunmi sighed as she pulled off her wig.

"So give me the details about the smackdown."

"So it started like this.

Seyifunmi pulled up to the parking lot of her firm's annex. She killed the engine and got out of the car. She grabbed the original, black Annabell Ingall work tote Dele had gotten her from the passenger seat and pulled out a tube of her red lipstick. She pulled down the visor and used the mirror on it to vet her application of the matte rogue.

She'd taken extra time with her makeup that morning. She aimed to look flawless. She didn't want anyone's pity or sympathy. And she had to sell the facade that she and Dele were back together. To the people under her, she was the satisfied Seyifunmi who just got back with her fiancee. When she got home, she could cry her mascara off.

She stepped out in her black, Anne Klein blazer, white, Mango pencil skirt, and red Manolo Blahnik ankle strap peeptoe platforms, grateful to Dele for giving her all the ammo to pull off this facade. She locked her car behind her and tossed her straightened, waist length,10A Remy behind her shoulder and strutted to the building.

The guard at the door smiled at her and she greeted the elderly man. He pulled open the door for her, and she smiled at him. She walked into the reception and met staff huddled together in small groups.

She glanced at her Armitron rose gold watch. It was fifteen minutes to nine. She sighed. She wasn't going to start her day yelling at them to do the right thing. She'd just adopt the method her boss taught her. Anyone who wasn't at his station by nine, she'd slap him with a query.

What were they even looking at?

"It's such a beautiful ring." Tolani cooed.

The word ring had her stopping in her tracks to the receptionist's desk to clock in.

"Thank you." Nkechi cooed.

Nkechi had gotten engaged?

She shook her head and walked to desk and signed in. The receptionist eating at her desk mumbled a greeting with her mouth full with white rice and egusi. She nodded at her,and turned to face the group.

"Nawa o. Shey all of your boyfriends planned it together." Greg, the messenger boy, asked.

"Abi o." Mr. Jimi, the elderly driver, answered. "Madam, good morning."

And as if they just noticed her presence they mumbled discordant greetings.

Hypocrites.

She smiled at them and chippered a good morning at them.

"Madam, Nkechi, Towobola, Sandra and Yomade got engaged over the weekend. Ori re yin lo ko ba won." Mr. Jimi said. (Your good fortune rubbed off on them.)

Seyifunmi beamed and tucked her weave behind her ear.

"Baba, it seems you've forgotten. I'm the one who first got engaged." Damilola said and walked towards Seyifunmi. "Ori re mi lo ran mo won."(It's my good fortune that rubbed off on them.)

Seyifunmi sighed.

"Anyway, I wanted to personally give you my invitation to my wedding." Damilola said and handed her a white, embossed envelope. "It's in December. December sixteenth."

Seyifunmi's eyes widened.

"Wow."

"Congrats."

"Hope there will be rice and stew very plenty."

Murmurs filled the reception with cheers of congratulations, while Seyifunmi's pallor went unnoticed.

This shit was getting real.

No matter what, December sixteenth is December sixteenth.

Those had been his words. Now, she wasn't sure if there would ever be a wedding.

"Oh, Seyifunmi, where's your ring by the way?" Riyyah, Damilola's sidekick asked.

Seyifunmi's jaw slackened momentarily and she smiled.

"A stone was loose so my fiance had it taken to the jeweller's." She said.

The look on everyone's face told her they didn't buy it. Well, they couldn't prove she was lying either.

"Excuse me." She said and walked to her office, hoping they'd tarry till past nine.

Seyifunmi picked up the binders with the modules she needed for her class on Cookies and Privacy. She walked to the door and locked it behind her. She strolled down the hallway and was a few metres away from the bullpen when she heard Riyyah holler.

"Guys, come and watch this."

The squeaks of chairs and shuffling of shoes filled the room and then she heard her voice.

"Dele, I'm sorry."

Seyifunmi paled as she realized what they were watching.

She heard the rest of the conversation she knew very well, a conversation still fresh in her memory. She skulked to the doorless jamb of the bullpen entrance and watched them.

"Shakara don end o." Kasim sang, and the others laughed as he pulled away from being bent over Riyyah's cubicle.

"So she fit beg somebody. With all her Iron Rose, Altagracia forming. She fit beg?" Funmi, Damilola's bestie said, standing beside a seated Riyyah.

"Dele, I'm sorry." Nkechi mimicked, pulling away from the group, and the others laughed again.

F*uck you.

"So with all her I got my first first degree from Yale, and all her braggado and shoulder pad." Greg said. "As if na only her go school."

Really?

She clenched her jaws as she recalled the day she'd told him about her degree from Yale. She'd been trying to encourage him to apply for a scholarship sponsored by one of her father's friends' company. She'd been trying to encourage not to waste his gift working as a messenger. He'd thought she was bragging?

"Na that first video me I wan see." Nkechi said.
She eyed the girl.

I hope you don't go through what I went through.

"But what do you think she did that got the guy that angry?" Yomade asked.

"Shior, girls like her, it's either she wasted his money or he caught her lips around another man's d*ick." Damilola huffed.

Double f*uck you, Damilola.

"Damilola!" The others shouted and she retreated to the aisle.

"But did you see the hair she was wearing today? The hair mad o." Funmi cooed.

"As in. As I dey look am, e fit be 8A." Sandra put in.

It's 10A.

"You guys are shouting Damilola. Didn't you see that she changed her wardrobe? Like she hasn't worn one cloth twice. I think Dami is right. Maybe she stole the guy's money to pay for it. And the guy found out and broke it off. That's why she is begging him." Funmi inserted.

Of course. And if Damilola says hell is heaven, you will be the first person to jump inside. Idiot.

"Well, the baba that did the charm for her is competent, because the Dele guy forgave her." Ezekiel put in. He straightened his back, and adjusted his belt over his growing paunch.

Bloody hater. Fat and hateful.

Ezekiel was just a cowardly version of Damilola. He hated she got promoted so soon after she joined the company. Her boss had told her about him. He had wanted to make Ezekiel a branch manager until he found out Ezekiel had been selling out company secrets. The man had him blacklisted, still retained him, and demoted him, so he'd die in the company, unfulfilled.

"And I pity him. Anyway, some people are destined to have women as their downfall." Ibrahim said.

"Abeg, if you ask me, I'd say she cheated." Nkechi said. "It is only if a guy is akagum that he will now break up a relationship because she got herself a new wardrobe with his money. Seyifunmi cheated."

F*uck you again, Nkechi.

"Uhh, help me tell them. That girl is a tramp dog. She will f*uck anything in trousers. I'm telling you. In less than four years, she's already head of a campus annex? Ezekiel, how long have you been working for Emeson Global?"

"Ten years." Ezekiel answered.

"And you're still assistant HOD?" Damilola continued. "I'm telling you people that girl is sleeping with Oga. If you like don't believe me. I will still catch them. And when it happens, straight to Oga's wife."

"Damilola, you are talking as if you've seen them kissing before. Oga should not hear what you're saying. Walls have ears, and ears have walls. Me, I'm not in this one you are saying." Yomade said and went back to her desk.

"Yomade, I know what I'm saying. Shebi, it is the same thing her mother did to the father?"

What the f*uck?

"Damilola!" They all shouted again.

"Oya, Funmi tell them." Funmi sashayed to the aisle and hugged herself.

"She's right o. I went home for Ileya. And I met my aunt, my mum's older sister. When we were coming back from the mosque, we bumped into Seyifunmi and her father at one supermarket like that. We sha greeted them. As we were now going home, that's how my aunt was now telling me of how much she knew the Aladesuyi family, that she was the midwife that delivered all their children.

"They have four sets of twins and Seyifunmi. She said that when they gave birth to Seyifunmi, kasala burst for the family. The man's family insisted that she is not their brother's child. Number one, twins run in their family like water. They said how come Seyifunmi is not a twin. Number two, her eyes. Apparently, the woman used to work for one Lebanese company-"

"I talk am," Greg shouted, "that her witch grey eyes no normal. Since when Nigerian go dey have that kain eye?"

"Are you for real? I thought she was lying about not wearing contacts." Sandra put in.

"No be contact o," Funmi continued. "My aunty said that the husband's family did not show up for the naming o. My aunty sef still believes that the man just covered his wife nyansh."

She heaved and her teeth ground against each other.

"Like mother, like daughter. Mother, shameless ashawo. Daughter, shameless ashawo." Damilola concluded.

She couldn't take it anymore. What right did they have to bring her mother into this?

Seyifunmi marched into the room. Calling her a prostitute was one thing, but involving her mother? She tapped Damilola's shoulder. Damilola turned to face her, and she punched her in the nose. A crack followed and Damilola bent her head backwards, shrilling in agony.

"My nose." She shouted, covering her nose with tears streaming down her eyes.

"You know, I've had enough of you insulting my virtue. But never in your life, should you bring my mother in to it. Who do you think you are? No brake. No pause. Talking anyhow." She shouted at Damilola.

She turned and faced the rest of them.

"I am your boss. I don't need you to like me, but you will respect me. If you have a problem with me, take it up with management, or get the hell out of the company. Gossiping? On Emeson time? That's just plain nasty. And what goes on in my personal life is none of your business." She barked at them.

"I won't overlook this o. Just so you know."

"I slapped all of them with queries. Damilola went ahead to report me to HQ. I got a query and a warning. Whereas, she'd need a nose job before her wedding." Seyifunmi said.

Rosanna chortled and bent over.

"You pack all the anger into one blow."

"Ehn nau. If you want to insult me, take mat and die there. Las las,na slap or I insult my own back. But my mother? She smoke weed?" Seyifunmi shouted and Rosanna burst into laughter.

"Abeg, na two weeks work I do today, wetin dey house?" Seyifunmi said.

"I made rice and I warmed the stew."

"No wahala." Seyifunmi said launched out of her seat to the kitchen.

She returned with a plate of boiled rice, stew and a drumstick. She sat beside Rosanna, who was scrolling through her Instagram feed.

"How was your day?"

Rosanna stopped and turned.

"If I say I know where to start, I'd be lying." Rosanna said and narrated her ordeal with the men who almost kidnapped her, and how Ose rescued her and how he'd cut ties with her.

"Ro." Seyifunmi whined.

"I know, I know. I was a b*itch." Rosanna said and blinked back tears.

"What's so hard in telling Ose you're afraid to trust?" Seyifunmi said and placed her food down on a side stool. She placed one knee on the couch and turned to face Rosanna.

Rosanna pulled her feet up and hugged her knees.

"I know Ose. He'll convince me he's not like Dare, and that I can trust him. Then I'll say I do. But then deep down, I don't. Then, I'll spend the lifespan of our relationship doubting him. And when he finds out I don't trust him, he'll be heartbroken. I can't break his heart. Not after it's been battered too many times."

"So what about now? Isn't it broken?"

Rosanna sighed.

"I never wanted it to end this way."

Seyifunmi placed a palm on her knees.

"We're a miserable bunch, aren't we? The man I love doesn't want to be with me, you don't want to be with the man you love."

Rosanna gave her a ghost of a smile.

"They should make a daytime soap out of our lives."

Seyifunmi giggled and picked up her plate of food. Rosanna picked up her phone and unlocked it.

"I even saw this recipe, and I wanted to save it." Rosanna said as she tapped the Instagram tab on her recent tabs menu.

Seyifunmi hovered over her and she pulled the drumstick to her mouth. She took a bite as Rosanna kept on scrolling.

She was still chewing when Rosanna stopped at a picture of her former boss.

"God, Roselle is so big." Rosanna whined in disgust. "Why did she let herself go?"

Seyifunmi hissed. "She's pregnant!"

"And so?"

"You just add weight when you get pregnant. You'll see what I'll do to you." Seyifunmi snarled at her and bent to examine the picture.

So the lady was almost twice the size she remembered, but her tummy was so big, she could bet she was carrying twins. Seyifunmi's eyes peeled to the background trying to recognize the restaurant the pregnant woman in a magenta form fitting dress was posing in front of

And that was when she saw them.

Seyifunmi snatched the phone out of Rosanna's hand.

"Hey!" Rosanna protested.

Seyifunmi zoomed in and whispered, "Jesus," as she recognized the mother leading her children into the restaurant.

"That's Tinu now." Seyifunmi said.
Rosanna peered over Seyifunmi's shoulder to see.

"My God, it is Tinu." Rosanna shouted.

Rage, relief and joy fought for prevalence within Seyifunmi.

"So, all this time, she just went back to Abuja." Seyifunmi said and stood, still examining the picture.

"It might be an old photo, Shay. Let's not get our hopes up." Rosanna said.

Seyifunmi shook her head and stretched the phone to Rosanna.

"Then call Roselle. Ask her when she took the photo."

6 Likes

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by genius43(m): 7:48pm On Sep 18, 2020
Divepen1 our OP have been banned please do something
Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by Josipov: 8:17pm On Sep 18, 2020
genius43:
Divepen1 our OP have been banned please do something
What causes this banning of a thing?
Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by Glory4567(f): 8:20pm On Sep 18, 2020
Awnnnnn thanks
Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by genius43(m): 8:22pm On Sep 18, 2020
Josipov:

What causes this banning of a thing?

There are alot of things and sometimes nothing.
Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by Khriztarl(f): 4:33am On Sep 19, 2020
How do people actually keep up with trending for a very long time after they've bleeped up Seyi try o.

seyi, please get tinu, beg her just the way you begged dele, bring them back. If not, 'shakara go end' for real inside your matter.

Rosanna and ose, people always say 'do no try to make friendship a relationship, you might lose both if you do' i hope you guys get back together though, maybe as friends.. Or i don't know.
Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by Ann2012(f): 5:30am On Sep 19, 2020
Josipov:

And I was beginning to like them oo, I never knew they were werewolves in sheep skin.
May God protect our ladies oo
Orisirisi
Chai!!!!!

Confirmed werewolves oooo
Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by Josipov: 9:27am On Sep 19, 2020
Khriztarl:
How do people actually keep up with trending for a very long time after they've bleeped up Seyi try o.

seyi, please get tinu, beg her just the way you begged dele, bring them back. If not, 'shakara go end' for real inside your matter.

Rosanna and ose, people always say 'do no try to make friendship a relationship, you might lose both if you do' i hope you guys get back together though, maybe as friends.. Or i don't know.

I'm angry with Rosanna already, I want Ose to find another person. Sk
Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by Josipov: 9:27am On Sep 19, 2020
Khriztarl:

I'm angry with Rosanna already, I want Ose to find another person.
Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by Khriztarl(f): 9:32am On Sep 19, 2020
Josipov:

I'm angry with Rosanna already, I want Ose to find another person.
smiley
Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by Josipov: 9:44am On Sep 19, 2020
Khriztarl:
smiley
It was when she needed Ose the most that she started misbehaving and even saying nonsense.
She may soon be kidnap by those "pervertic" idiots

2 Likes

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by Uniquechild(f): 10:42am On Sep 19, 2020
Why is Rosanna behaving this way? Ose should look elsewhere. She's taking his feelings for her for granted. Thanks Millie for the update

1 Like

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by Adeola25(f): 12:05pm On Sep 19, 2020
Seyifunmi gave Damilola Igbati oloyi, I love that. Thanks for the update ma'am

1 Like

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by Josipov: 12:29pm On Sep 19, 2020
Adeola25:
Seyifunmi gave Damilola Igbati oloyi, I love that. Thanks for the update ma'am
She will soon take a lot of that igbati in return from Damilola, thanks to her videos trending Upandan. cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by Adeola25(f): 12:56pm On Sep 19, 2020
I will join hands together with her to beat all of her haters. Including all those ones carrying fake engagement rings all about their office.

1 Like

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by GodShowmemercy(f): 2:32pm On Sep 19, 2020
Catch u tinu

1 Like

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by Fortunebae(f): 2:38pm On Sep 19, 2020
Honestly, if I am Seyi, I would do all I can to get Tinu and her kids back to Dele, but I am sure as hell not going BK to him, I know Seyifunmi was wrong, her only crime is her insecurities and she acts before thinking, but then who wouldn't jump into such conclusions, this is not a case of how much you trust your man, we are only blaming her because we are the readers and know what is going on, she doesn't, her only fault is not calming down and confronting Dele instead of Tinu, it's not that much of an issue to the point of calling off the engagement and all the embarrassments that followed. Whatever happened to Love covering a multitude of sins? Mehn, I am getting emotional right now cos this is something I have seen happen before, Dele had every right to be angry, but he over stretched it, it goes to show that even if they get married, His kids comes first before her, what then happens if she ends up having her own kids?

5 Likes

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by Mukhtar20(m): 2:59pm On Sep 19, 2020
Fortunebae:
Honestly, if I am Seyi, I would do all I can to get Tinu and her kids back to Dele, but I am sure as hell not going BK to him, I know Seyifunmi was wrong, her only crime is her insecurities and she acts before thinking, but then who wouldn't jump into such conclusions, this is not a case of how much you trust your man, we are only blaming her because we are the readers and know what is going on, she doesn't, her only fault is not calming down and confronting Dele instead of Tinu, it's not that much of an issue to the point of calling off the engagement and all the embarrassments that followed. Whatever happened to Love covering a multitude of sins? Mehn, I am getting emotional right now cos this is something I have seen happen before, Dele had every right to be angry, but he over stretched it, it goes to show that even if they get married, His kids comes first before her, what then happens if she ends up having her own kids?
well said bro

2 Likes

Re: Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) by Themmycruz: 3:08pm On Sep 19, 2020
Fortunebae:
honestly I agree with you, he should just marry tinu then, cux every woman wouldn't take that, tinu's children might even come before her's sef

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (26) (Reply)

Purple Roses / Lucifer's Key / Victims Of Passion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.