Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,069 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? - Romance (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? (75580 Views)

Scammed By A Lady. Any Chance Of Getting My Money Back? / How Do I Tell My Fiancee That I Am Tired Of Incessant Sex? / How Do I Tell My Neighbour She Has Staph? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by LannisterIMP: 3:37am On Aug 15, 2020
Amarisco:
Exactly.

Your profession comes before sentiment. So if you can do a referral or escalate it to the appropriate person, do so.

Please do not carry his matter for your head and then chop disciplinary action for misconduct for speaking beyond the purpose of your appointment.

Not sure what your management or patient is like, but in my opinion, don’t be sentimental in your office.

You just put cherry Ontop the icing.
grin
Thanks.
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by khia: 3:49am On Aug 15, 2020
AfricanWahala:

What's your point? He should tell him? bS

If you read my other posts I warned him against getting involved.
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by TheSociopath(m): 5:05am On Aug 15, 2020
VickyRotex:

lol why you dey vex grin

I no vex oo. Na mistake

1 Like

Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by fabienjoe: 5:46am On Aug 15, 2020
khia:
embarassed

I am American and once again I say " You don't know anything about America". You said no one ropes you into anything unless there's something you are hiding which is absolutely bullcrap. You see, in the US there is an action/crime called RAILROADING when the law does exactly what you said, rope innocent people into something that they didn't do or knew anything about, this has been going on for centuries and continues to happen everyday.

Everyone serving time in prisons are not guilty and are there because of RAILROADING. If you like I can give you some cases of RAILROADING. The US justice system was designed and created to justly serve Caucasians and criminalize others. The protesting that is going on today is because people are sick and tired of the injustice. A lot of people believe the system is broken and needs to be fixed but in reality the system isn't broken it is working just the way it was designed to do.

The system (The US Constitution) needs to be rewritten, starting with the 13th amendment which still supports slavery under certain conditions which explains the mass incarceration of black people. The amendment clause that proclaims black people (meaning YOU) as only 3/5th human (that's why whites won't have a problem with blowing your head off because they don't see you as full human) needs to be abolished as well.

Sorry about my mini thesis but this was a teaching moment. smiley

Bullshit! No law is ever designed to rope innocent people into crimes they did not commit. Be an American or not....This is a kind of paranoia mentality..

1 Like

Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by khia: 8:25am On Aug 15, 2020
fabienjoe:

Bullshit! No law is ever designed to rope innocent people into crimes they did not commit. Be an American or not....This is a kind of paranoia mentality..

I said Americans are RAILROADED into crimes they didn't commit by crooked lawyers, police officers, and judges and it's an criminal offense, nowhere did I say the law was designed to do such a thing, what I said is the laws/system(The US Constitution) was written for the protection of no other people but Caucasian people and not for other Americans that's why it has to be changed to protect ALL Americans.

Rather you choose to believe it or not, Amerikkka.is.a.country that.was founded on torture, murder, greed, thievery, hatred, injustice and not very much has changed today. You are brainwashed about Amerikkka but if you study her history and present day you will open your eyes.

1 Like

Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by SavageMaster: 11:34am On Aug 15, 2020
ALEX182:

I think I will. I even asked him if it was Ebola but he said it wasn't and mentioned West Nile virus. Me I don't know if West Nile virus occured in Nigeria earlier this year so I just kept mute and decided to find out.

The guy is so much in love and part of me feels that this will break his heart and lead him to do something drastic. It's so troubling to me and a part of me just wants to waka far and act like it's not my business but another part is burning with anger at the scammers

Tell him, Bro. He will forever appreciate you. Even though a Nigerian is scamming him, your intervention can save him from further doling out money to an imaginary girlfriend.

I'm a Medic, and I'm in Nigeria. Apart from Lassa fever that peaked end of last year/early this year (December 2019- January/February 2020), nothing again. The death toll wasn't even that bad.

The West Nile virus story the "girlfriend" brought up was absolutely FAKE

1 Like

Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by SavageMaster: 11:46am On Aug 15, 2020
FanOfMyself:
The truth is that if there's truly a Nigerian lady ( i.e not a yahoo guy) then you need to see things from the perspective of this lady. Yes she might have lied (we ain't 100% sure that all she have told him are lies), but she might also be willing and ready to meet up with this your patient and even marry him at the end. Nigeria is really messed up economically and people here are struggling.
Let me just tell you this.
I'm in a similar situation also and the only difference is that I am a guy. I met this African American lady online sometime in February and we got acquainted pretty fast. Fast forward to today, she's really been helpful to me in financially and by extension, people close to me. In fact, I have been able to pay for tech skill and got certified all because of her. Yes I do lie to her sometimes ( infact most times) in order to get some dollars, but I really appreciate and I have feelings for her and I hope to meet her in person one day. So please consider the lady.

I have a question... Are you a lady or a man? Just curious oo

Even if she were a lady, are you justifying her ripping off the American of over $4,000 simply because she has some financial problems?
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by AutoshalomUSA: 1:14pm On Aug 15, 2020
NobleSeed:
me can't fathom what you mean by America patient ooh.
He/She Posting is either a Caregiver or Healthaide , The Patient could mean the client they take care of !
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by NobleSeed(m): 2:38pm On Aug 15, 2020
AutoshalomUSA:

He/She Posting is either a Caregiver or Healthaide , The Patient could mean the client they take care of !
OK sir
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by goldmatrix(m): 4:01pm On Aug 15, 2020
chukwuibuipob:
fat slowpoke Calabar ToAD.D pipu dat chitchat and upload such on YouTube are what? Idiot

You are still that BAT we are talking about..I have asked you before if you really know how bats reason. They eat and shit from their mouths. That's you and until you acknowledge your stupidity, your bat brain won't reset. BAT
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by chukwuibuipob: 4:43pm On Aug 15, 2020
goldmatrix:

You are still that BAT we are talking about..I have asked you before if you really know how bats reason. They eat and shit from their mouths. That's you and until you acknowledge your stupidity, your bat brain won't reset. BAT
Fat dumb N deaf Pig.ur brain is full of maggot
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by VickyRotex(f): 5:43pm On Aug 15, 2020
TheSociopath:

I no vex oo. Na mistake

lol no worries cool
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by AfricanWahala(m): 7:35am On Aug 16, 2020
He should
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by Nobody: 9:12am On Aug 18, 2020
After the 4000 and 2000, I never see any transactions between them. You are a honest man. Tell your patient the truth man, work hard to ball.
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by SavageResponse(m): 6:43pm On Aug 18, 2020
ALEX182:
So I have this American patient who I recently came across. He's a fat dude who is like in his late 40s but has a very jolly and likeable character. I introduced myself and we got talking afterwards.

After a while of chitchat, he asked me where I was from. I told him to take a guess and he said said, you sound like you're Nigerian. I told him (regrettably) that I was Nigerian. He started smiling and told me that he had a Nigerian girlfriend and that we both had similar accents.

He then started telling me recent occurrences that had befallen his girlfriend in Nigeria. He said the lastest story was that she was in Abuja and as she was on her way to the airport in a taxi, the taxi had an accident and she was seriously injured and had to be rushed to the hospital. He said that the hospital demanded money before treatment started and he had to hustle about $4000 and send to her in order for treatment to start.

He said that after a week of her being in the hospital, they wanted to discharge her despite her still being in pain. Because she had exhausted all the $4000 on treatment, he said the hospital had threatened to discharge her on the streets and he was trying to borrow more money to see if he could send it to her so they could continue with her treatments.

He furthermore told me that the girlfriend said that she was a Nigerian American citizen who was currently stuck in Nigeria due to her passport having expired and also due to Covid lockdown at airports in Nigeria. He said she had asked him for $300 to renew her US passport from American embassy in Nigeria.

Another thing that he told me was that just before covid struck, there was a similar pandemic which happened in Nigeria early this year and that his girlfriend had contracted the disease and he had to send her $2000 for treatment. Right now he said he's broke but is waiting for like $2000 disability check from the US government next week which he will send to her as soon as the money clears.

As he was telling me this tale, I was so angry with Nigerians and how they take advantage of people in love to scam them. I wanted to swear for the scammers angry

I'm at a dilemma here. Do I tell him that he's being scammed by Nigerians or do I continue to be professional and just ignore it. Because I don't want him to think I'm involved with it because these oyinbo people can turn everything on your head and accuse you that is your people in conjunction with you that are scamming him. They are that crazy.

The good part of me wants to help him but I'm hesitant that it may turn out bad for me. Please matured responses.

I think you should mind your business in this case so you don't get into trouble

1 Like

Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by SavageResponse(m): 2:48pm On Aug 20, 2020
Sammytech72:
U need to tell him bruh,those Yahoo boys are also diabolical .they mostly uses charms to do those things which u think is natural and ordinary with white people. I know many of them like that.so don't allow the same charm to work on you. So u need to be very fast and tell him.God mandated u and positioned you for him to save him.

Those charms are ineffective!

The main ingredient is greed and foolishness on the part of the victim
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by SavageResponse(m): 2:57pm On Aug 20, 2020
Laghima:
I'm a medical student hoping to relocate to the US bro. I need your guidance regarding some of the process(as in the role of a mentor though I fully understand you'd be a very busy person and wouldn't stress you at all). I just sent you a mail please. My number is: 081 six5 7two zero7 7three. I await for positive response. Thanks in advance.

ALEX182:

Sorry, I don't chat with anyone outside NL anymore. Thanks

Why not ask him your question(s) here in the open? grin

1 Like

Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by SavageResponse(m): 3:01pm On Aug 20, 2020
linearity:
No body gets $2,000 disability check, the max for 2020 is $1,300.

Cuck and bull story!

Really...

cc ALEX182
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 20, 2020
SavageResponse:

Really...

cc ALEX182

I replied him already. He's ignorant. cheesy
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by robosky02(m): 1:12pm On Sep 24, 2020
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by folarr(m): 10:21pm On Sep 25, 2020
ALEX182
any updates? im just being concerned
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by Nobody: 1:48am On Sep 26, 2020
folarr:
ALEX182
any updates? im just being concerned

He is still being scammed. He refused to tell me anything so I let him be.
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by suremanpatriot: 5:48am On Sep 26, 2020
fella nigerians abeg who has gotten paid on any of these platforms tellin us to provide tax Ids? . And how did you over come the issue
guyz need to eat plz.
Share a Sale
Amazon Affiliate Program
Clickbank
etc.
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by lagosrd: 7:32am On Jun 18, 2022
What are you waiting for report the scammer. They are spoiling the country's image and they are been dishonest to the innocent white dude. Please go ahead and tell him to reduce a larger damage to the kind hearted man
Re: Do I Tell My American Patient He's Being Scammed By A Nigerian Romance Scammer? by lagosrd: 7:34am On Jun 18, 2022

He is still being scammed. He refused to tell me anything so I let him be.

Can you report to the police. The issue is that they get to eventually block genuine people chances of any relationship in marriage or business with them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

'Lack Of Sex Will Make You Mad' - Nigerian "Slay Queen" / How Much Bean Cake Will You Buy, If You Come Across This Pretty Lady? / South African Principal Who Had Sex With Students And Teachers Exposed (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.