Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,592 members, 7,958,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 03:58 AM

What We Did Not Know About Buhari - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What We Did Not Know About Buhari (12863 Views)

We Will Do To Boko Haram, What We Did To Biafra - Obasanjo / 54 Incredible Facts That You Might Not Know About Nigeria / We Did Not Kidnap Olu Falae – Fulani Herdsmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What We Did Not Know About Buhari by 9ijaMan: 5:34pm On Feb 22, 2011
dayokanu:

I have never been to Pastor Bakares church before. If you give me a photo line up without any clue, I wont even recognise him. But I followed his struggle to wrest power from Turai and hand it over to GEJ when the mumu in Aso rock was wearing apron in Turais kitchen

Ol'boy u wan kill me with laughter. I nearly get heart attack o!
Re: What We Did Not Know About Buhari by banom(m): 5:46pm On Feb 22, 2011
@ Dayokanu,

You are a very funny guy, you are not even based in Nigeria and you come to the internet to rant Nonsense ,

Buhari a good man ?

I laugh in Katsina , In 2003 APP( Now ANPP) presidential primaries, buhari and his cabal made sure that there was no primary election, all other candidates were intimidated to step down, If you watched the convention, you will see when other candidates like chief Rochas okoroocha was lamenting on the the evil they Buhari and the now late Chuba Okadigbo conspired to do other candidate.

Buhari a good Man ?

I laugh in islamic, The same man who suggested sharia law for our entire nation.

Buhari a good Man ?

The same Coupist who conspired with Ibrahim babangida and Sani Abacha to overthrew the democratically elected president in the early 80s wants us to elect him today as a democratic president of Nigeria.

I weep for Nigeria.
Re: What We Did Not Know About Buhari by reucom: 5:52pm On Feb 22, 2011
I have never been to Pastor Bakares church before. If you give me a photo line up without any clue, I wont even recognise him. But I followed his struggle to wresI have nevt power from Turai and hand it over to GEJ when the mumu in Aso rock was wearing apron in Turais kitchen

So where did you get your facts from
Re: What We Did Not Know About Buhari by dayokanu(m): 5:59pm On Feb 22, 2011
reucom:

So where did you get your facts from

Did I write anything about pastor Bakare? The only thing I wrote about bakare was that he led the SNG to fight for GEJ's freedom from Thuraya's kitchen where he was helping with palm oil, maggi and salt.

Or is it only ppl that know Bakare that can tell you about the facts of Buhari?
Re: What We Did Not Know About Buhari by honeric01(m): 6:42pm On Feb 22, 2011
banom:

@ Dayokanu,

You are a very funny guy, you are not even based in Nigeria and you come to the internet to rant Nonsense ,

Buhari a good man ?

I laugh in Katsina , In 2003 APP( Now ANPP) presidential primaries, buhari and his cabal made sure that there was no primary election, all other candidates were intimidated to step down, If you watched the convention, you will see when other candidates like chief Rochas okoroocha was lamenting on the the evil they Buhari and the now late Chuba Okadigbo conspired to do other candidate.

Buhari a good Man ?

I laugh in islamic, The same man who suggested sharia law for our entire nation.

Buhari a good Man ?

The same Coupist who conspired with Ibrahim babangida and Sani Abacha to overthrew the democratically elected president in the early 80s wants us to elect him today as a democratic president of Nigeria.

I weep for Nigeria.

Old line, say something new
Re: What We Did Not Know About Buhari by Jovann: 8:34pm On Feb 22, 2011
Buhari is the only Former Head of State With no Foreign bank Account or Homes in Foreign countries. He has no property in Abuja. He is not provincial in outlook and thought like many of his counterpart. Do you know that Gen Buhari personal Driver for ten years now is a Christain?. Nigerians, lets open our eyes now and do the right thing for the first time casting away ethnic and religious sentiments. Jonathan has good intention but totally incapacitated by his corrupt ridden party PDP. Am a christain and from ondo State but will gladly vote for Buhari come April. This is about the last chance we have to turn things around for our Country. Lets do it. Its possible.
NIGERIA IS THE ONLY COUNTRY WE HAVE, LET US STAY HERE AND SALVAGE IT TOGETHER.
Gen Buhari, 1983.
Re: What We Did Not Know About Buhari by 9ijaMan: 8:50pm On Feb 22, 2011
Ayamalele Ayamalele Ayamma
Ayamalele Ayamalele Ayamma
Cast your vote
Put your vote for CPC
We go give you HOPE with Buhari
Tell your Mama! Tell your Papa!
For good Education and our Economy
E don do am before
E go do am again o!
Vote CPC we go give HOPE with Buhari

Tell your brother! Tell your sister!
For security and our Economy
E don do am before
E go do am again o!
Vote CPC we go give you HOPE with Buhari

Buhari! Buhari! Buhari! Buhari! Buhari! Buhari!

Nigerians let's all rise and usher in a new dawn by purging out the kleptomaniacs and spendthrifts we currently have in government.
Vote CPC
Vote Buhari/Bakare
Vote BB 2011!
Re: What We Did Not Know About Buhari by reucom: 9:00pm On Feb 22, 2011
Dayokanu, i think you are just interested in a very nice soup cooked with palm oil, leave that man alone because he was only helping his wife in the kitchen.
Forget about the Buhari,Bakare ticket because Nigeria is for God and not for unstable men
Re: What We Did Not Know About Buhari by dayokanu(m): 9:03pm On Feb 22, 2011
^^ Is Turai yar Adua his wife? Or wasnt he doing houseboy for Turai before Bakare came to protest and demand his release?

Nigeria is for God? And what is Godly about the union of GEJ, OBJ, Anenih and Akala?
Re: What We Did Not Know About Buhari by 9ijaMan: 9:08pm On Feb 22, 2011
dayokanu:

^^ Is Turai yar Adua his wife? Or wasnt he doing houseboy for Turai before Bakare came to protest and demand his release?

Nigeria is for God? And what is Godly about the union of GEJ, OBJ, Anenih and Akala?

I've been scratching my head trying to figure that out too o!

Buhari is the way forward, fellow Nigerians.
Re: What We Did Not Know About Buhari by Aishabee(f): 9:26pm On Feb 22, 2011
I want to say a big thank you to all who have posted eye opening articles about Buhari, i like & respect him a lot. ( i just appreciate when people can take u for ur words).
I wasnt planning to vote before but i will try my best possible and i ve been convincing people on FB before now to vote for Buhari

SO BB ALL THE WAY, wink
Re: What We Did Not Know About Buhari by Solomon227(m): 9:56pm On Feb 22, 2011
I cant believe some people are still left behind in this Buhari/Bakare Train of Revolution.

No lover of Integrity will leave Buhari/Bakare and vote for GEJ/IBB/OBJ/SAMBO/ATIKU/PDP

No lover of good governance will leave Buhari/Bakare and vote for GEJ/IBB/OBJ/SAMBO/ATIKU/PDP

No champion of sanctity of human lives will leave Buhari/Bakare and vote for GEJ/IBB/OBJ/SAMBO/ATIKU/PDP

No lover of good and quality education will leave Buhari/Bakare and vote for GEJ/IBB/OBJ/SAMBO/ATIKU/PDP

No lover of good roads and infrastructural development will leave Buhari/Bakare and vote for GEJ/IBB/OBJ/SAMBO/ATIKU/PDP

[size=20pt]Vote for "Men of Integrity" Buhari/Bakare 2011[/size]for the future of our children
Re: What We Did Not Know About Buhari by Jovann: 10:00pm On Feb 22, 2011
Nigeria's biggest problem is CORRUPTION. The only candidate that has the courage and conviction to stop it forever is[b] BUHARI[/b]. This APRIL, lets do the right thing. This APRIL, lets vote for BUHARI.
Re: What We Did Not Know About Buhari by Bintus2much(m): 10:18pm On Feb 22, 2011
Buhari/Bakare all the way, CONGRATULATIONS ON THEIR WINNING THE ELECTION, smiley
Re: What We Did Not Know About Buhari by Nobody: 10:40pm On Feb 22, 2011
I used to be a Buhari hater  but I admit now that from what I've seen and read so far I'd be personally campaigning for Buhari for the following reasons:

We Nigerians like over-sabi too much but when push comes to shove we can't be trusted to make the right decision. I'm sure there are Nigerians better qualified than the BB team but such men are not willing and until such men of untainted qualities come forward, team BB, I dare say is the lesser evil.

We are always quick to moan about how Ghana and the Asian Tigers have eclipsed but none of them were exactly doyens democracy when the solid foundations for nation building were being laid. Heck some of them aren't exactly democracies still.

I humbly submit that GEJ is a good man but to lead a nation like Nigeria, you need more than a good heart. Supporters of GEJ are quick to point Buhari's inadequacies and past mistakes but I ask them if GEJ was or is a saint. So far, his action since becoming president only point to one direction - business as usual.

Even Yar'adua admitted that the election that put him into was flawed, Buhari did not exactly declare do or die expecially when the courts decided to rule against him. What we need going forward is disciplined leadership
Re: What We Did Not Know About Buhari by eros(m): 11:45pm On Feb 22, 2011
I have always said i would never vote in Nigeria because our votes never count, but this time i am voting Buhari/Bakare. Never knew Buhari had such a good record. Please is there any way we can make this more public, so that Nigerians can know more about this great man?

What most Nigerians lack is knowledge of who their leaders are, the minute we start to make known these wonderful attributes alot of people will easily decide who to vote for and why they should vote for such a person. Not voting based on religious or tribal sentiment.

VOTE BUHARI / BAKARE COME APRIL 2011
Re: What We Did Not Know About Buhari by VolvoS60(m): 1:06am On Feb 23, 2011
Things are getting very interesting now. I can see Genbuhari has been doing a yeoman's job in selling his candidate (the real Buhari grin) to everyone on Nairaland and beyond.

I had my reservations about Mr Buhari after some interviews he gave a few months ago to the NVS. I felt his responses were too vague and too general. And that is simply not good enough - the stakes are too high for the same old platitudes and generalist statements that Nigeria's geriatric politicos constantly mouth when they are helped onto the soapbox by their handlers and minders. If Buhari is a cut above such men, then let him prove it. I have thrown this question to genbuhari (the fake one on nairaland cheesy) and i'm still waiting for an answer.

The near-unqualified support so many of us had for the Buhari regime of the 1980s has been tempered by time - we are much older and wiser now. That's why i'm very interested in the Buhari camp's response to some of the hard questions raised by beaf & others on this board (derived from articles and interviews by wole soyinka, naiwu osahon, omo omoruyi & others ) But I am keeping an open mind. To Buhari's credit, there is some goodwill from his first coming - whether this will be enough to upset the ruling party is the million pesewa question.

What is not even up for debate is my voting for the PDP or any of its candidates. How can any right thinking person vote for that rogues gallery full of venal old men who have failed their country and its unborn time and time again? How?
Re: What We Did Not Know About Buhari by okooyinbo(m): 1:08am On Feb 23, 2011
ogb5 (m)
Re: What We Did Not Know About Buhari
« #12 on: February 15, 2011, 09:52 AM »
Quote from: dayokanu on February 15, 2011, 07:01 AM
Vote Buhari.
In 2011, GMB is not alone. He's supported by a team of volunteers online and offline like me, who never voted for him before. We didn't vote for him, because we didn't know. We didn't know that he supervised and birthed our only existing refineries. We didn't know that what he did in road construction while in the PTF hasn't been matched by 12yrs of the PDP, even though we claimed they were lopsided. We didn't know that in his time as head of state he reduced inflation from 23% to 4%, by fiscal discipline and a homegrown economic team (not achieved under any other era, even military). We didn't know that there was no religious crisis while he led. We didn't know that JJ Rawlings of Ghana took over 2yrs before him, and killed all the corrupt leaders, while GMB merely gave his own, long-term jail sentences. We didn't know that the hospitals and universities around the country never witnessed as much benefits they got from the PTF from any government after or before his time. We did not know, that this man haven been in all the oil sectors in Nigeria, has no petrol station, much less a refinery or an oil rig like so many of our leaders. We never voted him, because we did not know.

I am very sure you were either not around when buhari was rulling or too young to understand what was happening then. Buhari as military leader was too ignorant to run a country, as head of PTF buhari was to sectional to run a national organisation like the ptf. If there is a ministry on Northern Nigeria, Buhari might fit in, but I doubt if he can even do a good job in such a ministry. When buhari was ruling as head of state, Nigerians had to queue up for days to get essential commodities, and what were the essential commodities then, Omo (soap), rice, bread and vegetable oil. People collapsed and died from hunger and exhaustion from those queues, offcourse you were too young to notice.

The man crumbled Nigeria economy in a few weeks on entering. Nigerians generally do not commit suicide, but during Buhari regime, Nigerians were commiting suicide. Soldiers trampled on peoples rights, flogging people on the street, breaking into departmental shops and forcing the owners to sell their goods below their cost price, what a way to bring down inflation. Ofcourse the departmental stores like Kingsway left, and were replaced by kiosks. What also left was foreign confidence in the Nigeria as a country, no one wanted to risk coming to a place were the govt can trample on their rights, and the result today is very high unemployment because of lack of foreign investment beside oil exploration.

Buhari is a dictator and tribal leader.

His period as head of PTF was very unfortunate. He was among those who asked for ptf to be established just because ompadec was establish to use 1.5% of oil derivation money for the Niger delta. As head of ptf, Buhari installed project billboards in the south and did projects in the north. What a silly and sectional thing to do. He is among those who for decades, did not believe that the Niger delta needed extra money to counter the effect of oil exploration and just because ompadec got 1.5% derivation fund to cater for the oil producing communities, they founded PTF for the northerners. Nigeria does not need leaders who think of what their region can get from the nation, rather those who think of what their region can contribute to the overall development of the nation.

Nigeria does not need buhari

right now let him meet the northerners to vote for him, southerners are not in thesame country with him and he should not ask for southern vote.

THe president nigerian needs is the one who will see the who country as his constituent, not tribal, religious or sectional leaders.

Buhari should contest as head of ACF not as president of Nigeria.

Dear OGB5,

Please, if people were collapsing during Buhari/Idiagbon rule, why and how did you survive? Would you mind telling us your survival strategy? I certainly do not belong to the BB camp, but to come here to blame Buhari for the collapse of Nigerian economy is absurd. The foreign investors already lost confidence in Nigeria as a result of Muritala/OBJ nationalisation decree. And then the austerity measures did not even help. However, the straw that broke the camel's back of the Nigerian economy remains the policy implemented by no one else than Babangida. He was the one who introduced SAP and devalued our currency not minding that the theory of cheaper goods more sales does not work if you are not an exporting manufacturer. There were already accute deficiency of foreign exchange, but it skyrocketed during the time of IBB. Dollars and a host of other currencies were being rationed. The Manufacturing base was killed through this because the parts needed to keep manufacturing alive suddenly became too expensive for someone with Naira in his pockets. Not minding that corruption became a big business during the term of the said gapped tooth general aka Maradonna.

And now to soldiers trampling on people's right! Is that new? Haven't they be doing that before? Nevertheless, I would still want you to submit evidence to the house when soldiers were maraudering and trampling on peoples' right unchecked during Buhari/Idiagbon time. Or did you jumped the queue? Did you urinate in public places and WAI caught you?

Were they misconduct during that time? Ofcourse yes. Were they comparable to what we witnessed during IBB and subsequently Abacha times? Absolutely  NO! I for instance was a victim of gross military misconduct in the beginning of the Abacha era. And I was not a politician nor a journalist. I was just walking down the street, well dressed going about daily stuffs. I was kicked from behind and they wanted to take me to Alagbon for committing no crime. Picking innocent people off the streets and taking them to Alagbon was anonymous with IBB and that abasha of a man. I never witnessed such a rubbish during Buhari/Idiagbon time, except if you were politician, journalist, or FELA. Or you jumped the queue, pissed in a public place!

Buhari is tribal! Well, you might be right here. Most of the dictators from the North have overwehlmingly favoured the North. Thats why the North has better infrastructures. Without any doubt, they have better roads and water supply (dams). Some of their cities are better developed than most southern cities. The kind of slums you find in Lagos wont be find in Kano, and a chunk of that city is actually very slummy but not as bad as in Lagos.

Anyway, I will close by saying even though I am not BB supporter, a lot of your arguement against Buhari does not hold water at all. Buhari is quite a nice guy. Now, that cant be said of a gapped tooth general or a blackfaced, dark shade wearing general I know/knew.
Re: What We Did Not Know About Buhari by Kpac(m): 2:51am On Feb 23, 2011
I'm known to watch more and closely, but talk in a few times in my life.

I've closely monitored the revolution and people's thought on their presidential candidates.

I wount support anybody , at least not for now, cos there are still enough time for more truths to unveil about our supposedly "messiahs" contesting for president.

By now everyone should have a preferred candidate, and i find it so insulting to cast down someone's most cherished candidate after so much personal thought and conviction.

But just a few questions for now,

1. Why are the people known and proved to be corrupt leaders, individuals strongly supporting GEJ ?

2. Why are people with documented, silenced and unsolved criminal cases the core supporters of GEJ that is sweet talking everywhere he went ?

3. In states where there are unresolved cased of 2 speakers, 2 deputy Govts etc, why will GEJ visits such states and pretend as if he knows nothing about their struggles and leave them in the same condition ?

4. Why would our culture, religious crises and critics, Morality, Respect for each other and our lives as a people in Nigeria suddenly be negatively affected in GEJ's one year as president.

5. But why would every governor do whatever he feels like as if We have a DISABLED PRESIDENT.

If Jonathan visits the Association of Vulgarizers tomorrow, what he'll say is that, he realized that to achieve the Vision 20-20, Vulgarizers have to be carried along and he intends to make their industry an important one in his reign if elected. These sweet talks cannot fools again, i think.

Things have become so worse in the country, traders sell goods at any price they feel like, police harass anybody they feel like, Crises in different states, Kidnapping of notable personalities in Nollywood [/b]and not one talk on such matters by the president. ABA !

[b]Ribadu
did a lot, remarkable thing when he was in charge of EFCC, no one can talk that away, BUT leading 140 Miliion people living in 36 states is not the same. A good class captain in school doesn't guarantee a good Football team captain : 2 Different experience.

I would prefer he gets more involved in more federal issues before he aspires for President, Moreover Tinubu is showing some PRIDE traits these days to make me wonder if he would be able to contain himself if he gets more successful than he is.

Buhari, has been there, we all know, he has survived all these years without any bad record or corruption affiliated matter, That i must say is very rare in Nigeria. Even the popular Soyinka cannot boast of such neutral record of discipline and principle in life. But i would need more proofs, like a scene in the Mr Bones film, i would need him to talk more for me to know what is in heart.

Our next president lies in our hands, OBAMA [/b]became president because even though [b]BUSH [/b]was supporting his opponent, Americans believe the power lies with them and with them alone. So someone might need to tell GEJ that power does not lie with the Governors promising him 100% votes from their states.

No one should believe GEJ would win anyway ! No. He can in the past but not now. We are more exposed now. We all just need to enlighten the mass that are not as exposed like us before the greedy leaders get to them first.

I would go to the villages seldom visited to campaign for my eventual candidate. I would do it vigorously like the Americans did it, with the passion and power.

But you can be rest assured i am not in support of PDP any longer. We have been faithful to them and their candidates for the past [b]12 years
, we made sure their party's presidential representatives won the elections just to secure their continuous implementation of their promised vision BUT situation in many areas remain same. What else would GEJ say ? Ajaokuta was in that same state before your party took over 12 years ago and you are not ashamed to go to that same site and repeat an updated version of promise to the same grounded industry for 12 years. ABA !

Obasanjo told us in 1999, when sardine was still 50 naira, when peak milk was 45 naira, when my NEPA bill was 300 naira, when a 3 BDR Flat was 60,000, when solo coke was 10 naira, when cup of rice was 30 naira that he would make things easier for us, but things are not any better for us only for him and his PDP party chieftains.

I would decide in just a matter of days !

Lets watch and pray.

kpactrium@yahoo.com
Re: What We Did Not Know About Buhari by 9ijaMan: 4:25am On Feb 23, 2011
Kpac:

I'm known to watch more and closely, but talk in a few times in my life.

I've closely monitored the revolution and people's thought on their presidential candidates.

I wount support anybody , at least not for now, cos there are still enough time for more truths to unveil about our supposedly "messiahs" contesting for president.

By now everyone should have a preferred candidate, and i find it so insulting to cast down someone's most cherished candidate after so much personal thought and conviction.

But just a few questions for now,

1. Why are the people known and proved to be corrupt leaders, individuals strongly supporting GEJ ?

2. Why are people with documented, silenced and unsolved criminal cases the core supporters of GEJ that is sweet talking everywhere he went ?

3. In states where there are unresolved cased of 2 speakers, 2 deputy Govts etc, why will GEJ visits such states and pretend as if he knows nothing about their struggles and leave them in the same condition ?

4. Why would our culture, religious crises and critics,  Morality, Respect for each other and our lives as a people in Nigeria suddenly be negatively affected in GEJ's one year as president.

5. But why would every governor do whatever he feels like as if We have a DISABLED PRESIDENT.

If Jonathan visits the Association of Vulgarizers tomorrow, what he'll say is that, he realized that to achieve the Vision 20-20, Vulgarizers have to be carried along and he intends to make their industry an important one in his reign if elected. These sweet talks cannot fools again, i think.

Things have become so worse in the country, traders sell goods at any price they feel like, police harass anybody they feel like, Crises in different states, Kidnapping of notable personalities in Nollywood [/b]and not one talk on such matters by the president. ABA !

[b]Ribadu
did a lot, remarkable thing when he was in charge of EFCC, no one can talk that away, BUT leading 140 Miliion people living in 36 states is not the same. A good class captain in school doesn't guarantee a good Football team captain : 2 Different experience.

I would prefer he gets more involved in more federal issues before he aspires for President, Moreover Tinubu is showing some PRIDE traits these days to make me wonder if he would be able to contain himself if he gets more successful than he is.

Buhari, has been there, we all know, he has survived all these years without any bad record or corruption affiliated matter, That i must say is very rare in Nigeria. Even the popular Soyinka cannot boast of such neutral record of discipline and principle in life. But i would need more proofs, like a scene in the Mr Bones film, i would need him to talk more for me to know what is in heart.

Our next president lies in our hands, OBAMA [/b]became president because even though [b]BUSH [/b]was supporting his opponent, Americans believe the power lies with them and with them alone. So someone might need to tell GEJ that power does not lie with the Governors promising him 100% votes from their states.

No one should believe GEJ would win anyway ! No. He can in the past but not now. We are more exposed now. We all just need to enlighten the mass that are not as exposed like us before the greedy leaders get to them first.

I would go to the villages seldom visited to campaign for my eventual candidate. I would do it vigorously like the Americans did it, with the passion and power.

But you can be rest assured i am not in support of PDP any longer. We have been faithful to them and their candidates for the past [b]12 years
, we made sure their party's presidential representatives won the elections just to secure their continuous implementation of their promised vision BUT situation in many areas remain same. What else would GEJ say ? Ajaokuta was in that same state before your party took over 12 years ago and you are not ashamed to go to that same site and repeat an updated version of promise to the same grounded industry for 12 years. ABA !

Obasanjo told us in 1999, when sardine was still 50 naira, when peak milk was 45 naira, when my NEPA bill was 300 naira, when a 3 BDR Flat was 60,000, when solo coke was 10 naira, when  cup of rice was 30 naira  that he would make things easier for us, but things are not any better for us only for him and his PDP party chieftains.

I would decide in just a matter of days !

Lets watch and pray.

kpactrium@yahoo.com

@Kpac,
You have shown a trait of someone with an open mind. I support you totally for eliminating PDP and by extension GEJ from your list of possible candidates to support.
I'll advice you to spend a few hours on the web and come up with the short comings, achievements and the acceptability (Nationally) of the other candidates. Compare and contrast and I'm sure you'll be guided appropriately. I did same more than7 months ago and concluded early enough that Buhari is head and shoulders above the pack. He may have had his short comings, but he sure has a impacted a lot more positively on the lives of the average Nigerian than the rest of the pack (all put together).
Re: What We Did Not Know About Buhari by hubreality(m): 7:14am On Feb 23, 2011
Gen Buhari(rtd) will only prove himself a selfless leader when he quits seeking to be president of Nigeria at his age above 65yrs. A true progressive will never be seeking that when younger and dynamic aspiring leaders are springing up and should be given the support. He did well in his days with less factors of what Nigeria has degenerated into in recent days. But remember, there are times and seasons.
Re: What We Did Not Know About Buhari by odedele: 8:15am On Feb 23, 2011
Stability is the only hallmark of the PDP 12 years at the federal level. But stability at what cost? To the masses, stability means stagnation, as the economy prospered so the number of people living in poverty increased. It may interest you to know that despite our huge resources, in the 12 years of PDP rule more than 70% of our over 140million people live on $1 (N150) daily, the richest black nation does not have a functional refinery, a major oil producing nation imports petroleum products from non oil producing nations, our international airports have never been upgraded not to talk of building new ones, our hospitals are worse than veterinary hospitals in less wealthy countries, our educational system produces educated illiterates, while South Africa gave a contract for 5,000MW at just $3b for electricity, PDP spent over $17b in 11years on power to generate less than 2,000MW yet we do not have electricity.

The future continues to look bleak but we can use our votes, our phones, our bb, our twitter, our facebook, our email to effect the type of change that the youths in Egypt effected in 18 days. Remember, the youths of Egypt made sacrifice, they were resolute, they abandoned ethnic differences, they influenced and mobilized their parents and their friends because they wanted to salvage their future. The future does not belong to the parents, it belongs to the youths.

The objective is simple, to have a clean break from the past, issue PDP a red card and restore hope for the future. The task is simpler, send this to a minimum of 10 contacts on your phone, email, twitter of facebook who are young, young at heart and desire a brighter rewarding future.
Our destiny is our hands !!
Re: What We Did Not Know About Buhari by jmaine: 9:41am On Feb 23, 2011
It amazes me when people who are not eligible to vote scream, shout and rant online. Folks you can scream and abuse all you like but come April election, if you don't go out to vote for the candidate of your choice then you are a big disgrace and a fool at that. your post will never affect the real world out there, your votes does. so keep it real.
Re: What We Did Not Know About Buhari by banom(m): 11:06am On Feb 23, 2011
honeric01:

Old line, say something new

Are you kidding or u just wanna have fun ? what dayokanu wrote about Buhari is it new or old ? is it not what he supposedly did in the past that we do not know, Now i exposed the evils he did in the past and you dont want to hear about that any more.

Grow up boy, this is internet age , people are no longer foolish as in the past. Buhari and his campaign team paid you guys to come online to advertise about him with all kinds of colored attributes and you think all of us here will be so foolish to accept all your crabs of Nonsense.

Buhari a jihadist and religious bigot and extremist for president indeed
Re: What We Did Not Know About Buhari by azeezengr(m): 11:14am On Feb 23, 2011
I have only two questions and if anybody can answer it sincerely, Nigerians should no who to vote for President in 2011

Question 1: Why are the Northern Corrupt Leaders(e.g IBB, ATIKU etc) ARE NOT SUPPORTING and HAS NEVER SUPPORT BUHARI?

Question 2: Why are all KNOWN CORRUPT LEADERS IN NIGERIA ARE WILLING,ABLE  AND READY TO SUPPORT  GEJ?

ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS SINCERELY?
Re: What We Did Not Know About Buhari by Pataki: 11:33am On Feb 23, 2011
banom:

Are you kidding or u just wanna have fun ? what dayokanu wrote about Buhari is it new or old ? is it not what he supposedly did in the past that we do not know, Now i exposed the evils he did in the past and you dont want to hear about that any more.

Grow up boy, this is internet age , people are no longer foolish as in the past. Buhari and his campaign team paid you guys to come online to advertise about him with all kinds of colored attributes and you think all of us here will be so foolish to accept all your crabs of Nonsense.

Seriously dude, you are not saying anything new. In fact, you came late. Next time come early with your myopic accusations. We have heard the same rhetoric over and over again.

I have repeatedly asked people like you to provide proof of Buhari being a Jihadist. Please give evidential facts to the credit of Buhari as being a jihadist. Who is an ''extremist''? What extremist views or actions has Buhari displayed thus far? Your noise making here does not smack of intelligence. It directly shows how ignorant you are.

Buhari paid guys to come online to advertise for him? How ridiculous is this. I advertise for Buhari, and I have never met Buhari, I have never met Bakare one-on-one. I do not know who are in his campaign team and I have no business in knowing them. So kindly make use of your brain when next you want to throw idiotic conjectures online.

Anyways, here below is a video to Buhari answering your claim of him being a religious extremist!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=acd4f_miAvA
Re: What We Did Not Know About Buhari by honeric01(m): 11:45am On Feb 23, 2011
banom:

I repeat again, this is an old tactic, EVEN BEAF who appears to be the king of fear-monger on NL wouldn't use this line again, you must be new on the politics section so i excuse your ignorance.

Anyways, educate yourself, read some interesting threads on the politics section about and how alot of people from all walks of life has debunked these unfounded rumors.

Have a nice day mr semi-fear monger. cool
Re: What We Did Not Know About Buhari by hasyak(m): 11:58am On Feb 23, 2011
azeezengr:

I have only two questions and if anybody can answer it sincerely, Nigerians should no who to vote for President in 2011

Question 1: Why are the Northern Corrupt Leaders(e.g IBB, ATIKU etc) ARE NOT SUPPORTING and HAS NEVER SUPPORT BUHARI?

Question 2: Why are all KNOWN CORRUPT LEADERS IN NIGERIA ARE WILLING,ABLE  AND READY TO SUPPORT  GEJ?

common sense, but it is really common?

from your question you will have an indication why they will not support him, because business will not be as usual, and if they support GEJ, the biz continue as usual. so it is left for us now to come out and say biz should not continue as usual!
Re: What We Did Not Know About Buhari by Ibomade1: 12:37pm On Feb 23, 2011
This is becoming interesting. Well as for me it is either going to be Buhari/Bakare or Ribadu.

Sorry Mr Goodluck
Re: What We Did Not Know About Buhari by Jovann: 1:27pm On Feb 23, 2011
]
table]Are you kidding or u just wanna have fun ? what dayokanu wrote about Buhari is it new or old ? is it not what he supposedly did in the past that we do not know, Now i exposed the evils he did in the past and you dont want to hear about that any more.

[/table][/
@ poster,
Let me ask you; Were those people in America paid to Support Obama?, The people in Egypt, Tunisia, Algeria and Libya, were they paid to revolt against the govt there?. Grow up and get this into your thick skull; An idea which time has come cannot be stopped.
75% of the 2011 budget is going to be spent on recurrent Expenditure and the likes. Only 25% will be spent on Capital project, out of these, 10% will surely go into settling one Govt official or the other. Tell me how you are going to have electricity and good roads?. South Africa is building a 5,000MW power plant with just $3B. PDP has spent close to $20B on power plant in 8yrs, we only has 3500MW.
Re: What We Did Not Know About Buhari by agabaI23(m): 2:44pm On Feb 23, 2011

WHEN, in 1994, the late General Sani Abacha, invited former Head of State, Major Gen. Muhammadu Buhari to serve as head of the newly created Petroleum (Special) Trust Fund (PTF), the latter gave one condition for this acceptance: He must be given the title of Executive Chairman, and he must have a free hand to run the Fund as he saw fit, without any interference from anyone.

The PTF was itself a child of controversy. Abacha had, in 1994, increased the price which Nigerians had to pay for petrol, diesel and kerosene. The Nigerian populace vehemently opposed the hike, both because the increase was exorbitant, and because most Nigerians were certain that the windfall from the price hike would find its way into the hands of a few highly placed Nigerians.

To assuage this fear, Abacha summoned Gen. Buhari from retirement, to administer a new Trust Fund into which all excess income from the price increase would be paid, and from which the Fund would intervene in critical areas of the economy in such a manner as to directly benefit ordinary Nigerians. Buhari's main qualification was that he was considered to be both a strict disciplinarian and an incorruptible man. And he was for this reason expected to ensure that the fund was properly used, and that it would not become another avenue from which public funds were simply carted away by a handful of well-placed Nigerians. That was the expectation. But the reality, in the end, was a story of massive and cynical looting of the public treasury.

How the Fund became a funnel

Gen. Buhari was Executive Chairman of the Petroleum (Special) Trust Fund from its inception in 1994, to its disbandment by the Obasanjo administration in 1999. According to the report of the Interim Management Committee, which was set up in that year to investigate the affairs of the Fund, the total income accruing to the Fund from mid-1994 to July 1999 was in excess of N181 billion. There were six major areas in which the PTF intervened directly during the period. They were: roads and waterways; supply of educational materials and rehabilitation of educational infrastructure; food supply; health; water supply; and what was curiously termed other projects.

The management structure of the Fund was so capricious, from start, as in retrospect to suggest that the executive chairman was far more impressed by his position as an alternate Head of State, an Interventionist Czar who was answerable to no one, not even the Head of State himself, than anything else. First, he unilaterally appointed a single consultant, Afri-Projects Consortium, as the sole adviser to the Fund. Then he delegated virtually all his powers to this agency. Afri-Projects Consortium was given the exclusive power to initiate projects, assess their probable cost, approve the costs, execute the projects, and assess the quality of execution, all alone. The Consortium's decisions could not be questioned by anyone outside the Fund. Even the statutory members of the Fund's Board of Trustees found themselves helplessly watching as huge sums of money were paid out for questionable projects. And not surprisingly, the three professional management firms recruited by the Interim Management Committee to audit the performance of Afri-Projects Consortium came up with the unanimous conclusion that APC had over-charged the Fund for its services to the tune of over N2 billion.

APC directly managed the HIV/AIDS Intervention Programme of the Fund. Its managerial incompetence was found to be staggering. It knowingly imported sub-standard, poorly packaged, poorly stored, expired, or soon to expire treatment kits and drugs. And in the end, the auditing firms that investigated APC's performance concluded that it had cost the government N579 million by stocking huge silos of useless drugs and kits, purchased at inflated prices.

PTF's intervention in other areas of the health sector was equally atrocious. For instance, under the supervision of the omnipotent APC, PTF purchased large quantities of spectacle frames which were at the time costing only N800 a piece locally, for N1,900 a piece. This cost the public treasury over N45 million in inflated charges.

Ambulances whose going price at the time was N3 million each were found to have been purchased for N13 million each, leading to a loss to the treasury of N900 million.

PTF, through APC, purchased general drugs at the cost of N3 billion. The Interim Management Committee's consultants concluded that the Fund had been cheated by as much as N1.5 billion through inflated charges, and because most of the drugs had already expired before they could be safely used.

The Interim Committee's consultants also discovered that PTF had decided, without approval from the government, to build a residential estate in Wuse, Abuja, a project which was clearly outside the scope of its intervention mandate. The project purportedly cost PTF N703 million. But the consultants concluded that a realistic valuation of the project could not exceed N328 million. The project cost was inflated by more than 100 per cent, at N375 million.

In virtually every other area of PTF activity, three separate consultants engaged by the Interim Committee, and working independently, concluded that there had been massive fraud or criminal mismanagement of funds belonging to Buhari's empire. The Headquarters Extension and Renovation Project of the PTF cost the Fund N461 million. The consultants determined that it should not have cost more than N326 million. The Fund had been defrauded by N135 million.

The PTF had three main bank accounts. The independent consultants concluded that the Fund had been short-changed by as much as N3.6 billion by way of short payment of interest accruals from deposits, or excessive charges on Cost of Turnover by preferred banks.

The Rural Water Supply Scheme was another funnel from which huge sums of money were siphoned away. The independent consultants determined that as much as N1 billion was recoverable from inflated costs and mobilisations for work that was never done. They discovered, also, that the Fund had lost as much as N900 million in the Educational Materials Supply Scheme, through inflated charges and non-performance of contracts duly paid for.

The Rural Telecommunications Development Scheme was another such scheme from which money was cynically carted away by favoured clients. The scheme was designed in two parts: a Pilot Phase, and the Main Phase. The Pilot programme was intended to determine the viability of the project. But this did not deter PFF, under Gen. Buhari, to award contracts for the main programme to the tune of N1.6 billion, without any contracts signed, and before any conclusions could be drawn from the Pilot project.

It is a horrendous story of criminal negligence, cynical fraud, and unprecedented disregard for all civilised standards of prudence and transparency in the disbursement of public funds. In the end, the independent consultants concluded that of the N181 billion that accrued to PTF in the four and a half years of its existence between July 1994 and July 1999, as much as N25 billion was either stolen or improperly expended.

The great man's defence

Sources from within the PTF Interim Management Committee assert that when Gen. Buhari was invited to comment on the findings of the committee's consultants regarding the conduct of the empire over which he presided, he coyly retorted that he was not aware that such massive fraud went on his watch, but that in any event, he could not have benefited personally from the hideous purloining of the treasury. .

That may be true, but it does not detract from the fact that he delegated to this outfit the sole and exclusive power to initiate projects, assess those submitted by other companies, approve variations on contract sums, and determine the quality of work done. He also, by his own admission, according to our sources, approved in writing all recommended payments from the Fund. But he did not know, he claimed, that those to whom he had delegated virtually all his powers were stealing the country blind. And no one has a right to call him to account, since to do so would be to question his famous reputation.

Former president Shehu Shagari was kept in jail for nearly one and a half years by Buhari, and almost lost his sight, when Buhari seized power on December 31, 1983, not because he was found guilty of any criminal offence, certainly not for abuse of his office. Shagari's only crime, it appeared, was that Buhari was convinced that the buck stopped at his desk, for as President, he had to pay vicariously for the purported crimes of his lieutenants. Umaru Dikko, Shagari's ubiquitous Minister of Transport, almost died in a crate, contrived by Buhari, that was en route from London to Nigeria, where he no doubt would have suffered worse than Shagari's fate. Some state governors were jailed for 200 years and more, because they could not account for how they spent their security votes (which were often no more than N20 million).
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-610674.0.html
Re: What We Did Not Know About Buhari by Godmann(m): 2:50pm On Feb 23, 2011
azeezengr:

Question 2: Why are all KNOWN CORRUPT LEADERS IN NIGERIA ARE WILLING,ABLE AND READY TO SUPPORT GEJ?

The most intelligent guide we can get, if we are sincerely being objective.

Thanks for the questions

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lagos Destroys 3,000 Seized Okadas / 2023: Court Affirms Uche Ogah As Abia APC Gubernatorial Candidate / Reps Fight Over Prado SUV, Constituency Projects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.