Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? (18618 Views)

Lockdown: Ongoing Protest In My Area, At Ibeju Lekki / Current Situation In Osogbo, Osun State Over Sen. Adeleke's Tribunal Victory / What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by iamclime(m): 1:26pm On Aug 18, 2020
ucheclub:
Some times we won't get for days. Badagry side is something else. Light situation there is not encouraging at all
Copy that. Ikoga, Igborosun, Mowo and other parts of Badagry are really suffering. I've been running the generator since around past 9 and it's still running as I type this. My only consolation is that I'm using PPM. No more crazy bills!
P.S: Please who has any ideas about quality and affordable laptop power banks?
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by Youngaboy(m): 1:27pm On Aug 18, 2020
My guy me don tire for the light oh,
My side, I mean my area, That's where I stay,live.
Hmm, na 100 hrs lighting oh, I no day lie .
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by eROCK247(m): 1:30pm On Aug 18, 2020
Here in Ozoro Delta State, light situation is terrible. If they give light for four hours, we go two or three days without light. Light doesn't ever stay for straight 5 hours.

It is TERRIBLE!
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by Kelvin30286063(m): 1:34pm On Aug 18, 2020
Ray07:
so local man no get hope for this country. Everything na special.

Godddddddd
Not like that bro. There are really poor people in my area too. They owe and live fine. Once they get disconnected, they reconnect it back at night. So it has nothing to do with the location. Not an estate at all. But the line is straight from Abuja so the light is constant. Infact we have light now as I'm typing this and it's been like that for 4 days straight. The last time it was taken was on Friday and it was just for about 3 or 5 mins.
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by iamclime(m): 1:38pm On Aug 18, 2020
Kayleb26:
In my area of Lagos we get power supply for about 6 -8 hours everyday.
when I got tired of the matter I got myself an all in one solar home system that power my tv, decoder, LED bulbs, fan and charges my phone and laptop.

Right now I supply to people in my neigborhood make dem follow enjoy a taste of stable electricity.
Call/Whatsapp me on 08086062072 to place an order. Same day delivery Within Lagos and 48 hours delivery max, nationwide.

Cost and specifications?
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Aug 18, 2020
ucheclub:
Some times we won't get for days. Badagry side is something else. Light situation there is not encouraging at all
And badagry is close to the seme border between Nigeria and beniné Republic, what a shame, how do we protect our borders.
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by jaeyking(m): 2:03pm On Aug 18, 2020
9am-5pm Light
5pm-7pm no light
7pm-7am Light
7am-7pm no light

basically 20hrs a day.
Generator has literally no use in my area cuz we have light during working hours.

all this in Kaduna Metropolis (main town).

some places in main town is 24hrs
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by SirLakes: 2:09pm On Aug 18, 2020
SIRRITE:
Bayelsa is 4-7 hours in whole a week, some times we have no light in a week. Am planning of beating nepa now

Beat them enter coma abeg grin
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by lpaul1388(m): 2:11pm On Aug 18, 2020
evansjeff:
So it's straight forward.

I will start with mine, I have been hearing of 24hrs steady light, I never believed until recently, I am in Benin City, Edo state. The area I stay in Benin, we have 24hrs stable light. Though we heard the line is a special federal line.

Sometimes self, the light dey tire me, I've been thinking about how to make maximum use of it.

So tell us yours, indicate your state and exact town.

Let's get this on front page to have a wider view cross the country.

Baba u dey lie ooo where for Edo state u dey when dey enjoy 24 hours light ?
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by easyniyi(m): 2:13pm On Aug 18, 2020
Sango-Otta Ogun State at least 20hrs per day since August 1st
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by SirLakes: 2:14pm On Aug 18, 2020
authority2006:
They say Buhari is a failure, yet everyone is reporting stable electricity even when we can't attribute it to rainfall like before as rain is not falling. Someone spent 60 billion dollars on power projects in this country but nothing to show. Sai Buhari, the silent achiever.
Oga
Go and check the meaning of everyone

Nonsense
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by fowlyansh181(m): 2:15pm On Aug 18, 2020
Oyerinde16:
Efab, life camp abuja... 23h 40m a day... They can take it like 2 or 3 times max 10 mins a day... During heavy rain e fit go like 1hr or 2hrs... But its steady... Looking to open dry cleaning service, I have to maximize...
you mean in kubwa right?
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by SirLakes: 2:17pm On Aug 18, 2020
SegFault:

undecidedundecided how is it buhari's business, electricity distribution is in the hands of private companies. Let's bring up the case of water distribution gringringrin make we no even start on that one. But places like uyo that have only 4hrs to 6hrs light nko.
You dey mind them

Some community dey wey no dey see electricity for 6months

Nigerians mumu, where other countries are discussing something else we are here debating hour many hours they are having electricity.

Any slight improvement in electricity supply within a few month, they all start masturbating..

Las las we'll return to the shitty condition of the electricity.

Rubbish people!
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by sageb: 2:18pm On Aug 18, 2020
Purplebubble:
We usually have 10hrs of electricity at abuloma, rivers state. Last year it was about 16hours or more now is worse though
okilo or Jetty ? Where precisely
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by SirLakes: 2:18pm On Aug 18, 2020
grin grin
pablobellins:
here in Ogbe community; just after ore alaba in ore. We never smell light since 2015.

We hv gone use to it already; cos almost every house on gen at night.
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 18, 2020
SirLakes:

You dey mind them

Some community dey wey no dey see electricity for 6months

Nigerians mumu, where other countries are discussing something else we are here debating hour many hours they are having electricity.

Any slight improvement in electricity supply within a few month, they all start masturbating..

Las las we'll return to the shitty condition of the electricity.

Rubbish people!
Na so we see am for here bros. When the needed is unavailable the available becomes desirable.
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Aug 18, 2020
SirMichael1:
Guy, in MINNA, it's 4 hrs daily. When it rains the previous night, forget light the next day.
Una dey miss, we can stay a week without or months without them taking it...That is the only attraction in mokwa
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by wickedworld: 2:44pm On Aug 18, 2020
Lakowe phase2 is terrible now at times 3days to a werk no light everything will defrost in the freezer.

Within no light period there will be. Constant flashing everyday for us to think light is faulty
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by wickedworld: 2:45pm On Aug 18, 2020
Lakowe phase2 is terrible now at times 3days to a week no light everything will defrost in the freezer.

Within no light period there will be. Constant flashing everyday for us to think light is faulty
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by Ray07(m): 3:25pm On Aug 18, 2020
Kelvin30286063:

Not like that bro. There are really poor people in my area too. They owe and live fine. Once they get disconnected, they reconnect it back at night. So it has nothing to do with the location. Not an estate at all. But the line is straight from Abuja so the light is constant. Infact we have light now as I'm typing this and it's been like that for 4 days straight. The last time it was taken was on Friday and it was just for about 3 or 5 mins.
isoright o . . .
Enjoy
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by GoldenStreaks: 3:44pm On Aug 18, 2020
21hrs per day. Ikedc is really trying. Don't even use power bank anymore. Stopped using gas to cook, instead we bought an electric cooker. Helps me save money abeg
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by boyejodapo123(m): 3:52pm On Aug 18, 2020
Here in ijebu ode, ogun state. D light as been improve to 12hr
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by Juniorangel(m): 4:12pm On Aug 18, 2020
NEPA officials keep vandalizing our transformers every year even after we replace the power cables they will still come and steal it. For over two months now no light in upper new market onitsha.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by earnit3: 4:13pm On Aug 18, 2020
worse
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by bigplayerz(m): 4:33pm On Aug 18, 2020
It has improved ...I am sure its because they are broke now and most areas with prepaid meter won`t bribe them because they usually top up their meter.
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by ahmEenu(m): 4:35pm On Aug 18, 2020
Temmylee01:
In zuba FCT it's only three hours day time and three hours in the midnight shikena
same zuba my guy dey stay. him side na 24 hours 7 days a week. no lies
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by Joguns(m): 4:40pm On Aug 18, 2020
Prechgold1180:
Mu guy d way we take dey get light now
Me dey fear

Atleast 23 hr 40 minutes everyday

Where do you people live in Nigeria that you're getting all these 23 hr to 24hr per day? In Akure, it's just 3 hrs per day or 2 days sef.
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by ahmEenu(m): 5:04pm On Aug 18, 2020
Joguns:

Where do you people live in Nigeria that you're getting all these 23 hr to 24hr per day? In Akure, it's just 3 hrs per day or 2 days sef.
my guy side na 24 hours in zuba abuja.

my side in zaria is more than 20 hours daily.
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by SirMichael1: 5:08pm On Aug 18, 2020
fact45:

Una dey miss, we can stay a week without or months without them taking it...That is the only attraction in mokwa
wow! That's really good. How's the neighbourhood there? Is it safe? I'm considering my options.
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by Prechgold1180(m): 5:12pm On Aug 18, 2020
Joguns:

Am in Edo auchi to b precise
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by femijay8271(m): 5:15pm On Aug 18, 2020
Perfecttouchade:
Power don die...people in some parts of Lagos State no get light.. people in these parts of Ogun state too no dey see light but dem dey collect mad billings agbado,ijoko,oyero,gasline, adiyan, tollgate,sango, oke-aro, these places dey suffer power supply o

hello bro, pls did u stay at Agbado Ijaye?
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Aug 18, 2020
SirMichael1:
wow! That's really good. How's the neighbourhood there? Is it safe? I'm considering my options.
No problem, it's cool and calm

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Why Buhari, Osinbajo Don’t Need To Televise COVID-19 Vaccination – Shehu Sani / Nigerian Troops Neutralize Gunrunners, Recover Weapons In Sokoto / “He Is Not Nigerian, Can’t Contest For President” – Group drags Atiku to Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.