Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,786 members, 7,827,895 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? (18717 Views)

Lockdown: Ongoing Protest In My Area, At Ibeju Lekki / Current Situation In Osogbo, Osun State Over Sen. Adeleke's Tribunal Victory / What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by Perfecttouchade: 5:36pm On Aug 18, 2020
femijay8271:

hello bro, pls did u stay at Agbado Ijaye?
no Bros
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by raphaeladeyele: 5:38pm On Aug 18, 2020
BAMIKEMO, Ondo state Too bad for years No light
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by Jefferyhi86(m): 5:38pm On Aug 18, 2020
See as u described the place no worry I no de come find you.. I de use style de find room and parlour currently
SaintLucia:
Near Obaseki house, along Ize Iyamu road beside Philip Shuaibu's shop opposite Oshobaba office. grin
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by evansjeff(m): 5:42pm On Aug 18, 2020
MICHEALADEX:

Point of correction please there is nothing like special federal line.
never sound so confident over what you don't complete knowledge about.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by Sniper101(m): 5:44pm On Aug 18, 2020
My own area...
NTA road, Port Harcourt. Rivers State.
Light: 6hrs per day. Some days, it's even less.

The funny part of it is that a few blocks from where I stay, the area can boast of 20hrs power supply daily; federal light.
But the cost of rent in the area is alarming.

Self-contain apartment cost 280k there.
So, imagine what flats would cost.
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by femijay8271(m): 5:47pm On Aug 18, 2020
Perfecttouchade:
no Bros
Alright, thanks.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by bleskid: 5:52pm On Aug 18, 2020
light for my area dei fear me ooo them no dei carry am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by Propty247(m): 5:53pm On Aug 18, 2020
You should be sincere and speak the truth for once. I stay in Sango axis and I can tell you that it has improved, at least average of 8 hrs a day.

Perfecttouchade:
Power don die...people in some parts of Lagos State no get light.. people in these parts of Ogun state too no dey see light but dem dey collect mad billings agbado,ijoko,oyero,gasline, adiyan, tollgate,sango, oke-aro, these places dey suffer power supply o
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by favor914: 6:32pm On Aug 18, 2020
MICHEALADEX:

Point of correction please there is nothing like special federal line.
Line 33, is a Federal line owned by TCN.
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by odehbrainard: 6:51pm On Aug 18, 2020
Formerly in my area it was six hours the whole day but the last three weeks we can boast of at least 14hours of proper power, noticed my freezers freezes completely now, I was encouraged to stock with a carton of turkey and fish, it’s been two weeks now and it’s still as fresh as the day I bought it.
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by Propty247(m): 6:52pm On Aug 18, 2020
All the areas quoted are not correct. I live in Oju ore, Sango Ota axis, and I can tell you it has improved a lot, with a constant supply of about 10hrs a day.

Can't say for other areas. Kindly verify in areas you are familiar with.

Thanks.

Femuel:

Thank you for this.. All this area mentioned and more suffers power supply, the government needs to spread their horizons as regards efficiency of power supply
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by mechanics(m): 7:22pm On Aug 18, 2020
Before in my area, it use to be like 12 hours a day, but now, it does not last up to 8 hours a day.
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by caseyjones(m): 8:01pm On Aug 18, 2020
APC quaters, suleja Niger state 24hrs non stop
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by Rapture4real(m): 8:34pm On Aug 18, 2020
Very surpriaing to me, we witness almost 24hrs power supply in Ogbomoso North Sat.to Sun.I had to send the msg on twitter.They still continue bringing it even till now,there is light.kudos to phcn
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by tobillionaire(m): 8:55pm On Aug 18, 2020
Perfecttouchade:
Bros, are other places apart from that particular place u mentioned which I don't know Enjoys light? Ota no dey enjoy light o..even if u have constant supply for now, I give u 2weeks(too much sef) e go reduce grin ota dey suffer light jaare
so, you dont know alli ishiba part of sango that even before now enjoys constant power supply
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by Perfecttouchade: 9:31pm On Aug 18, 2020
tobillionaire:
so, you dont know alli ishiba part of sango that even before now enjoys constant power supply
Tobi wo mi o mo jare grin

Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by tobillionaire(m): 9:44pm On Aug 18, 2020
Perfecttouchade:
Tobi wo mi o mo jare grin

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by kunkelhanspeter(m): 10:12pm On Aug 18, 2020
I’m in Ewet housing estate in Uyo the power supply there is close to 22 hours a day. At night is steady they only take it around 11am maybe 2-3 dey will bring it back till the next day.
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by kunkelhanspeter(m): 10:14pm On Aug 18, 2020
Worse place to live is Ikeja cantonmen 3 hours light � a day from 8-11pm
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by PotatoSalad(m): 11:04pm On Aug 18, 2020
evansjeff:

Thank you.
We've had 24hours light for a whole month in my area.
Still going now, my area needs more transformers to stop power sharing. We have 24 hours light 5 times a week for over 3 years now. It's usually war whenever I want to start my generator lmao.
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by saintade01(m): 11:26pm On Aug 18, 2020
See comments and no single thanks to Buhari. God will judge all of una. Bunch of hypocrites.
You won't die if you show some appreciation to this present government administration. We've never had it this good in this country.

Thank you Sai Baba. My area can boast of 19 hours straight.
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by oluwashola4me(m): 12:07am On Aug 19, 2020
Since June - 24/7 Power supply.

- Hilltop Estate, Aboru, Iyana Ipaja, Lagos

P. S: It's a pact with IE though.
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by NNAMDIII(m): 1:29am On Aug 19, 2020
braveboi4life:
Lagos, Isolo, Ago Palace way, an average of 20hrs everyday in the last one month
oga sir not last one month oo, we dey always get light like mad right from time
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by ahmEenu(m): 2:10am On Aug 19, 2020
kunkelhanspeter:
Worse place to live is Ikeja cantonmen 3 hours light � a day from 8-11pm
that's my formal hoood. sncoq to be precise. una dey suffer gon
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by bolaji1023(f): 8:12am On Aug 19, 2020
here in mafoluku-oshodi is 13-18 hrs per day
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by yahmohy27: 8:26am On Aug 19, 2020
McCoy662:

Just say for the areas u know. Where I stay in Ebonyi, sometimes we go weeks without light. The most annoying thing is that a matured NEPA employee can just wake up one day and start flashing the light. It has been like that for over 4 months I moved in here. Any one that stays in Ebonyi and is using Ogoja line can attest to this.

Verdict: on average, 30 mins per day.
I agreed with you my brother.
Though I stayed in Niger State power state for that matter but getting 9hrs power supply only which about 20hr before.
They need to work more on it oo!
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by rimijoshua(m): 9:00am On Aug 19, 2020
Alagbado....24hours...Adura bus stop
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by MICHEALADEX(m): 9:19am On Aug 19, 2020
evansjeff:

Oga I work with the biggest DISCO if you search then you'll know... as O&M staff

In most cases the 33 line is used for distribution from tcn to injection station to be stepped down to 11 then to 415.

Those who have light may be on gold feder which means they are on priority feder.

The feders are coded in colors to base on the customers on them.

Some estates have dedicated feder for themselves the line runs from the injection to such estate without public transformers being lashed on it.

I know what am talking about Mr

And let me educate you on why some populated area can not have light for 24hrs

The transformers in most areas are overloaded some 120% some 110 and an overload transformers can't stay more than 4hrs above the regular schedule hence a phase will drop on the g&p fuse then you'll experience loss of phase in your house, in that situation premises with single phase will not have light while others with 3phases can change over. That mean the transformer is regulating itself.

For example, yaba, alagomeji Adekunle, and surulere use to be a low cost housing area with bungalows using pole mounted transformers but today, you now have big and tall buildings some with 20flats on a plot of land and the transformers were upgraded from 50,100, and 200 pole mounted to 500kvas and still more buildings are still coming up leading to overload.
......bros we no fit talk am finish
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by MICHEALADEX(m): 9:27am On Aug 19, 2020
favor914:
Line 33, is a Federal line owned by TCN.

Oga how does tcn perform the job of a Disco?

Wise up.

33 is used to share light among injection station
Which is then brought down to 11.
33 can either be overhead or underground.

So please educate me on what a federal line is biko
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by Femuel(m): 11:37am On Aug 19, 2020
Propty247:
All the areas quoted are not correct. I live in Oju ore, Sango Ota axis, and I can tell you it has improved a lot, with a constant supply of about 10hrs a day.

Can't say for other areas. Kindly verify in areas you are familiar with.

Thanks.

That's your own area na, even Obasanjo area have substantial supply of power.. Ijoko, Sango ota and environs close to these places suffer light stability.. I stay along Ijoko road and we have light like twice a week and even if they bring it, it stays for about 2hours max.

Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by Pekun210(m): 1:01pm On Aug 19, 2020
Up to 23hours of light every day..
Re: What Is The Power Situation In Your Area at the moment? by Bbdot(m): 5:25pm On Aug 19, 2020
Ipaja axis at least 9hrs every day

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala And Mia Amor Mottley, The Prime Minister Of Barbados (Photo) / IPOB Calls For Sit-at-home In Benue, Adamawa, Kaduna / Gunmen Kidnap 4 Chinese Railway Workers In Ogun, Kill Policeman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.