Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,049 members, 7,828,695 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? (18123 Views)

Angela Nwosu: 'Don't Want To Make Heaven If It's Where Oyedepo, Adeboye Will Go' / "Pastor Adeboye Won't Make Heaven" - Daddy Freeze Gives 5 Reasons / Should A Non-tither Take Up Leadership Position In A Tithe Paying Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Enculer: 10:51am On Aug 16, 2020
jarrot:
Many confused souls .
You can pay tithe to a rich pastor but can't give out N100 to a poor beggar because you were promised heaven. Religion na scam.
I am glad people are walking away from it.

Black men are deep into the scam that was sold to them by their slave masters.

1 Like

Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by KaptainAfrika: 10:52am On Aug 16, 2020
Yes.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by joeyblacq(m): 10:55am On Aug 16, 2020
Our salvation as new testament christian is not tied tithe or anything monetary. Christ has paid the ultimate price when he said it is "FINISHED". Nothing can be added to the blood that was shed for the forgiveness of our sins.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by brightalo1010: 10:57am On Aug 16, 2020
Righteousness89:

Tithing is Biblical! Tithing is not Salvation. Accepting Jesus Christ is What Gives us Salvation.

But this is the Truth!

A Believer who Claims to be Saved and Deliberately and Conciously Refuse to obey God in Tithe Matters may be Shocked at that day!

James 4:17
Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is si

State where Bible said none payment of tithe will lead one not to go to heaven. Are you trying to rewrite or correct God? I thought the road to heaven was clearly stated? I want to know why Jesus christ himself said woe unto you that pays tithe without doing the more important things. Can you tell me his reasons for saying the WOE.

1 Like

Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by jarrot(m): 10:58am On Aug 16, 2020
Enculer:

Black men are deep into the scam that was sold to them by their slave masters.

I tell you!
I hope they learn from this pix

3 Likes

Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by desiredhome: 11:02am On Aug 16, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

Tithing existed before Judaism, it is the law of God which not one jot will pass away.

Maybe the God of Nigerian tithe payers is very wicked because with all the tithe payers, Churches everywhere (highly religious), prayers....yet the most poor on earth.......

The last time I checked God's word promise His children long life and God health.........

Meanwhile the other countries with less of religion.....etc have more promising life styles.....

We focus on tithe (irrelevant), money, physical building more than love (the most important) of all the commandments...... Mathew 23:23b

Only if the so call Christians can practice love the way Christ commands, we will have the best country on earth

2 Likes

Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Nobody: 11:03am On Aug 16, 2020
hollah123:
I guessed u have dropped your sense with your pastor n that's y u are saying thrash
where in the Bible did u see what u wrote up there?or it is what your pastor told u

Brother, I'm sorry you should not ask a question when you are confused and adamant not to accept the answer..

A pastor tells you to access God personally to get understanding, you spark. A pastor tells you what God told him, you spark..

-Human beings and lust for insatisfaction is another mystery I'm yet to understand.

I'm sorry, no vex.. Let us be joyful. Shalom.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by ylaa(f): 11:04am On Aug 16, 2020
To start with, WHY will you not pay your tithe?
Are you not working?
If yes, ain't you doing business? People no dey dash you money?
Well I don't know but I am a tither. Been paying tithe as a teenager as my mum made sure we set aside one tenth of what we receive as pocket money for our tithe.

Anyway, if its lack of money, join this biz, earn money per seconds.
Be financially free ok.
Its a vtu business. Recharge and get paid. RAGP

R�� Rebellion
A�� Against
G�� Generational
P�� Poverty
������������

Alexgman1:
Can someone who rarely pay tithe because of one of two reasons or doesn't pay tithe at all through out his life make heaven if he/she dies or when rapture takes place?

Let the men of GOD in the house clear the air on this.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by texazzpete(m): 11:07am On Aug 16, 2020
Alexgman1:
Can someone who rarely pay tithe because of one of two reasons or doesn't pay tithe at all through out his life make heaven if he/she dies or when rapture takes place?

Anyone who thinks that people who don't pay tithes to greedy pastors might not make heaven, that person is definitely not making heaven.

You people are even fake Christians. Jesus Christ emphasized charity FAR FAR FAR more than tithes or offerings. If you pay you tithes and show no charity, you're a fake Christian.

If you rather pay tithes than give charitably, you're also a fake Christian.

Any pastor that emphasizes tithing over charity is a charlatan.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 16, 2020
Arkmanbuddy:

You haven't said anything.
To avoid troubles to remain faultless, you give a clue. Simple as that.
-It's a direction..
Happy celebration with Jesus Christ in His presence. Cup of cheers.. Enjoy!
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by desiredhome: 11:11am On Aug 16, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

Abel tithed, Abraham did and also Jacob. All those patriarch existed before Judaism came to play.

As Christians (followers of Christ) were did Jesus Christ paid tithe in the Bible...
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by aswani(m): 11:22am On Aug 16, 2020
I have never paid tithes to any church.

Sometimes sef, I won't even pay any offerings if I attend a church where I notice there is an unnecessary focus on reminding you that your tithe is 10% blah blah blah (due to the nature of my work, I spend weekends in places where I am not based).

If I don't make heaven as a result, so be it.

I am comfortable with my spiritual life. The fact that I am able to continue to grow as a Christian as a result of interacting with other Christians during Bible study etc.

The Lord has been faithful and blessed me even though it hasn't been a smooth ride.

Thank you Jesus.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by TrippleEEE: 11:24am On Aug 16, 2020
Righteousness89:

Tithing is Biblical! Tithing is not Salvation. Accepting Jesus Christ is What Gives us Salvation.

But this is the Truth!

A Believer who Claims to be Saved and Deliberately and Conciously Refuse to obey God in Tithe Matters may be Shocked at that day!

All the early church apostles and bishops never paid tithes after Christ's death. I guess they are all in hell. Peter, Paul, Stephen, John, Thomas, Timothy, etc... They all robbed God.

But you will go to heaven because you did not rob God. Hahahaha...

Bible also said we should kill blasphemers of God and also offer up animal sacrifices... I guess you're going to hell for that disobedience too. Comedians.

3 Likes

Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by desiredhome: 11:27am On Aug 16, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

You people know nada, yet you pose like an authority on the Bible.

Look at how you are trying to rubbish Abraham's tithe by calling it spoils of war. Since when did spoils of war stop amounting to what you worked for? Or do you think fighting a battle is child's play?

Abraham fought and got the spoils of war. He gave God ten percent. He did that to acknowledge that he didn't win that battle himself but with the help of God. Or how else do you think Abraham and his 300 men conquered ten Kings and their armies?

It's the same thing as going to work and getting paid out of which you pay tithe to God because he's really the one that made it possible for you to have that job, not your might.

You don't understand the concept behind animal sacrifice. It was a picture of Jesus Christ the Holy Lamb. They sacrificed animals to pay for their sins in anticipation of when Jesus Christ will be sacrificed so that we will no longer rely on the blood of bulls and rams but on his blood as payment for our sins.

If Abel, Abraham and Jacob were alive today, they won't be sacrificing animals but relying on the one time sacrifice of Jesus.

Mind you, because the Bible never recorded that Abraham tithed again doesn't mean he never did. Or are we to conclude that Abraham never brushed his teeth or used the toilet because no such record exists?

Please just shut up because you know nothing. Shut up or God will punish you for posing as knowledgeable on top of your ignorance. My Frank advice.

Lol..... Abraham tithe from the spoil of war, not monthly income or personal profit....

The bold is a clear evidence to show that you have no proof to show how that Abraham paid tithe (monthly income) as tithe

1 Like

Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by maximunimpact(m): 11:29am On Aug 16, 2020
Righteousness89:

But this is the Truth!

Now you are coming out about your true motive in spreading fear..... to collect people's 10% even though you know fully well you are not a levite, not even from Israel or the middle east...a black man collecting tithe
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by hollah123: 11:31am On Aug 16, 2020
Wolgrace:

Brother, I'm sorry you should not ask a question when you are confused and adamant not to accept the answer..

A pastor tells you to access God personally to get understanding, you spark. A pastor tells you what God told him, you spark..

-Human beings and lust for insatisfaction is another mystery I'm yet to understand.

I'm sorry, no vex.. Let us be joyful. Shalom.
do u realise Reverend king that burn someone alive also said he got his stuffs from God,see I am not here for war just try to free yourself from mental slavery
God doesn't need your paper money,he need your salvation.
If d kingdom of God was to b about money even u will never have a chance, imagine how much Nigerian politicians will b willing to drop
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by akinwale701(m): 11:32am On Aug 16, 2020
OP, you need to read more on the concept of Qorban (Offering) in the Bible.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by TrippleEEE: 11:34am On Aug 16, 2020
Skyonebaba:
TITHE IS A HEAVENLY LAW , NOT PAYING TITHE IS STEALING FROM GOD BUT TITHE ONLY CAN'T TAKE YOU TO HEAVEN , BEING HOLY AND SPREADING LOVE WILL ......
TITHE ASIDE ARE YOU AWARE THAT NOT PAYING TAX AND DOING OTHER CITIZEN RESPONSIBILITIES CAN TAKE ONE TO HELL !
Heavenly Law? I can bet you don't read your Bible. This is utter brainwashing. Heavenly law that Christ and the early apostles never obeyed?
Your pastor is now the bringer of heavenly laws? Bros. Try read your Bible small na.

Read about Jewish history and early Christianity. Google something or anything. There was no "lawful" tithe in the body of Christ. Tithing came as a plea many years after the apostles were gone. It came because people stopped giving and they needed funds for mission work. So they pleaded that it should be included.

Hmmnn. This Tithe that Christ never gave audience. You people must be more Christian than Christ o.

1 Like

Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by desiredhome: 11:38am On Aug 16, 2020
aswani:
I have never paid tithes to any church.

Sometimes sef, I won't even pay any offerings if I attend a church where I notice there is an unnecessary focus on reminding you that your tithe is 10% blah blah blah (due to the nature of my work, I spend weekends in places where I am not based).

If I don't make heaven as a result, so be it.

I am comfortable with my spiritual life. The fact that I am able to continue to grow as a Christian as a result of interacting with other Christians during Bible study etc.

The Lord has been faithful and blessed me even though it hasn't been a smooth ride.

Thank you Jesus.

Well said, God bless you the more for saying the truth......
Why will people open a church just because of tithe and offerings (people's money)?....
They become rich by your sweat....that is slavery...

The worst is they rub it on your face......

2 Likes

Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by openmine(m): 11:40am On Aug 16, 2020
So people still ask this same question when there are series of thread that have put this tithe matter to rest?
cheesy cheesy
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Ultimus: 11:44am On Aug 16, 2020
Righteousness89:

But this is the Truth!

This one sef wan chop tithes.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 16, 2020
hollah123:
do u realise Reverend king that burn someone alive also said he got his stuffs from God,see I am not here for war just try to free yourself from mental slavery
God doesn't need your paper money,he need your salvation.
If d kingdom of God was to b about money even u will never have a chance, imagine how much Nigerian politicians will b willing to drop

Looolz... Reverend King? Ok ooh.. God don't need my salvation, rather He offered Himself willingly without my expection and gave it to me freely because He said "He first love us." I'm richly blessed by His inseparable and unbreakable love in Christ Jesus..

Welcome Him more and you will know Him more through communication and conversation with Him. It's a personal quest for personal relationship with Him, so that you won't be deceived by lies and debates from the confusionists a.k.a deceitful teachers and workers..

-Do you know Him personally? Examine that first.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by SexytorresE(f): 11:48am On Aug 16, 2020
That’s if the heaven is even there at first . Wake up man
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by femi4: 11:53am On Aug 16, 2020
Alexgman1:

Yes. Tithing is a pre requisite for blessing not making heaven

Believing in God and that of his Son Jesus Christ is a key to making heaven
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by tenderjunkie: 11:56am On Aug 16, 2020
Kriss216:
The chance of a traditionalist making Heaven is higher than a Pastor or Imam making Heaven.

Let's be frank to ourselves please, we're adults.
Tell them ooo. Daft religious practices will be the end of Africans.
We nr dy ever hear word
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by felixawe(m): 11:58am On Aug 16, 2020
Alexgman1:

Not paying tithe won't stop anyone from making heaven. Thru the death of Jesus Christ all curses has been taking away, we are no longer under law but grace.

The greatest commandment Christ encourage us to do is LOVE which fulfill the entire scripture.
If we pays tithe without the true love of God, then what's our hope.
If you think tithe is only source of blessing, then what's the function of offering ?
As a matter of fact, bless anyone as the spirit directs without expecting a return, then God would bless you.
Silver & golds God owns... We try to bribe God and overlook holiness, mercy & love.

If your believe to heaven is thru tithe, then none Christians has no hope for heaven & God is the God of everyone.
But am very sure, if the none Christian is able to show true love to his fellow man kind, then heaven is sure. If we say we love God whom we have not seeing and hate fellow being whom we are seeing would tithe save us on the last day.
Anything you do to your fellow man that's what you do to God .
Very soon you will agree God blessed you as you pay tithe while in idleness .
The blessing & love of God is unconditional & pastors should stop threatening people !
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by smogup: 11:59am On Aug 16, 2020
Youngzedd:

Stop lying please. Show us the scriptures where Abel and Jacob paid tithe.

Better go find work and stop scamming people through tithing in the name of God.

Note: I will not only start paying tithe to you, I will transfer 50k to you today if you show me where Christ or the Apostles paid or collected tithe.

There are conditions you MUST meet before you can be qualified to collect tithe.

Note: These are not my conditions, they are Yahuah's (God of Israel) STRICT conditions.

1) You must be a descendant of Jacob’s son Levi. That's to say, your lineage must be pointing to Levi who is the son of Jacob. You must have the blood of Levi flowing through your veins.

2) You must not have inheritance.

3) You must not work, all your work must be in the temple.

Numbers 18: 21-24
21 “I give to the Levites all the tithes in Israel as their inheritance in return for the work they do while serving at the tent of meeting. 22 From now on the Israelites must not go near the tent of meeting, or they will bear the consequences of their sin and will die. 23 It is the Levites who are to do the work at the tent of meeting and bear the responsibility for any offenses they commit against it. This is a lasting ordinance for the generations to come. They will receive no inheritance among the Israelites. 24 Instead, I give to the Levites as their inheritance the tithes that the Israelites present as an offering to the Lord. That is why I said concerning them: ‘They will have no inheritance among the Israelites.’”
If you must pay tithe even though you're not an Israelite under the law, you have to go look for any descendant of Jacob’s son Levi and pay otherwise, you're not giving it to the right person as God commanded.

If you must do what Abraham did, be ready to return 90% to where you got it from. Yeah! Return the 90% of your salary to your employer. Abraham returned his own, so shall you.

Genesis 14:21-23
21 The king of Sodom said to Abram, “Give me the people and keep the goods for yourself.”

22 But Abram said to the king of Sodom, “With raised hand I have sworn an oath to the Lord, God Most High, Creator of heaven and earth, 23 that I will accept nothing belonging to you, not even a thread or the strap of a sandal, so that you will never be able to say, ‘I made Abram rich.’

Never forget the book of 2 Corinthians 9:7 is the Christian standard of giving.

2 Corinthians 9:7
Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

You are free to give 10%, 50% even 100% to the kingdom but, NEVER you call it tithe or first fruit because Christians have no business with the mosaic laws.

If you decide to pay tithe or first fruit, you automatically exempt yourself from the finished work of Christ. The moment you pay tithe or first fruit, you removed yourself from grace and moved to the law which is now weak and useless (Hebrews 7:18-19), and a shadow of things to come (Colossians 2:17), the things are the coming, death and resurrection of Christ.

I still remain the son of the TRUTH.

This is the truth and nothing more.

Many Christians overlook the history behind tithes.

Paying your tithe or not paying will not take anyone to heaven or hell.

How can somebody pay tithe every month and overlook the poor people around him?

Jesus said "what I want is mercy and not sacrifice"

1 Like

Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Aug 16, 2020
Which planet is called heaven? I need a visa -Give away your hard earned money for a promise of a sky god with no location or phone number-While your pastors and imams buys private jets with your money . Think for yourself and take charge of your own life and stop this false hope !!!

1 Like

Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by NerdyAboki(m): 12:12pm On Aug 16, 2020
hopefulLandlord:
Adeboye is a man of God, he drove a car from Ore to Lagos on empty tank and he said if you don't pay your tithes you won't make heaven. what more reason do you need to keep donating your 10% to churches?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpCgpR6dETY

These people are real jokers tho.

1 Like

Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by alBHAGDADI: 12:12pm On Aug 16, 2020
desiredhome:

Lol..... Abraham tithe from the spoil of war, not monthly income or personal profit....

The bold is a clear evidence to show that you have no proof to show how that Abraham paid tithe (monthly income) as tithe

Was Abraham a monthly income earner? Man was a boss who had servants and livestock. This means earnings didn't come in for him on a monthly basis. He must have earned according to the need for his wares. So he paid tithe according to how he earned which includes spoils of war.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by alBHAGDADI: 12:13pm On Aug 16, 2020
desiredhome:

As Christians (followers of Christ) were did Jesus Christ paid tithe in the Bible...

Stop being dumb. Jesus is God and so had no need to tithe to himself. Mugu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How I Listen To The Audio Bible (my Advice) / The Ministry Exploits Of Apostle Ayo Babalola Of Christ Apostolic Church / 10 Famous Christian Martyrs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.