Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,007 members, 7,838,525 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? (18199 Views)

Angela Nwosu: 'Don't Want To Make Heaven If It's Where Oyedepo, Adeboye Will Go' / "Pastor Adeboye Won't Make Heaven" - Daddy Freeze Gives 5 Reasons / Should A Non-tither Take Up Leadership Position In A Tithe Paying Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by gabe: 1:22pm On Aug 16, 2020
Ah no! Which heaven? That's why christians are buried with their tithing card to show at the gate of heaven.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 16, 2020
malvisguy212:
abraham tithe 300years before the mosaic law was given .

He did that regularly? From his own distance? Why are we not sacrificing animals now because Abraham did, and it was part of the law?
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Righteousness89(m): 1:24pm On Aug 16, 2020
HedwigesMaduro:

Do you make animal sacrifices? Probably you'd be shocked that day for disobeying God in matter of sacrifices.

Generation of People that Love to DECIEVE themselves.

The Bible is the WORD of GOD

JESUS Christ didn't come to Break the law, He came to Fufill the Law. Matt 5:17

Everything that needed to be Change in the Grace Dispensation was done by JESUS Christ .

Animals like u said were being offered, JESUS has come and has paid the price.

Up till today , you still call God of Abramham, Isaac and Jacob, God of Elijah.

Tithe is God's Share in what he Blessed you with.

Our Father of Faith , Abraham taught us how to do it...

JESUS Christ did not abolish Tithes.

What is most Important is your Salvation..

There is no Genuiely Saved Person that will Have issues with Tithes..

Leave Tithes Matter and Sort yourself out with God..

Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Immortalzbon(m): 1:26pm On Aug 16, 2020
Alexgman1:
Can someone who rarely pay tithe because of one of two reasons or doesn't pay tithe at all through out his life make heaven if he/she dies or when rapture takes place?

Let the men of GOD in the house clear the air on this.

The only thing needed to make heaven bro is to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ... The rest are addendums..
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 16, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

Abel tithed, Abraham did and also Jacob. All those patriarch existed before Judaism came to play.

This misinformation has shown you for who you are. Abel was never recorded to have tithed. What he did was offer sacrifices. I know you lot always want to confuse the gullible ones on this.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Abdogood(m): 1:31pm On Aug 16, 2020
Nigerians are religiously inclined yet we are walloping in deep corruption and poverty. Some Christians sees tithes as a baba ijebu scene where you are expected to get double of ur investment. Or did you think it all persons that pays tithe that get bless. God sees ur intentions mehnnn. You do G-work finish come pay tithe, who you dey decievd.
Who among Christians today pay tithes for tithe seek. Ewoo! When we all cross over shock await alot of us from africa.

That is why country is not moving forward. We keep producing bad leaders. We carry religion for head when other countries are advancing in technology and economy yet we but serve the same God oooo.

We are just f**king sick in his country faaa. Tithe is now our problems abi.

Wetin concern agbero with over load: who wan pay tithe should pay and, if you don't want too free it. It between you and ur maker.

How many of us practices what Jesus preached and teached. So, tithe be our problem. Misplaced priorities.

3 Likes

Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Johnjanrt: 1:35pm On Aug 16, 2020
jmoore:
Tithe is for Judaism.

Tithe is not for Christians.

For detailed explanation on tithe visit https://www.nairaland.com/5783004/sentenced-asking-members-tithes-drama
Very on point
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Mana1227: 1:38pm On Aug 16, 2020
Stephenomozzy:

A Pastor (asin all Pastors) or some Pastors (those with soiled hands).

The era of conscience has long past now Sir, Christ remains the Only true way..... Not herbs nor cowries or following intermediaries.

Have you forgotten that a thief that was crucified with Christ entered heaven? Who to enter heaven or not is God's business, only Him knows
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by twodee75: 1:42pm On Aug 16, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

Fantastic....l love to learn, from your comment below I can see u are knowledgeable in the scripture
In conclusion Abraham paid the tithe after he returned from the war...
Sir this is my question, how many time did Abraham pay the tithe? After this I will now ask the second questions... Thanks

You people know nada, yet you pose like an authority on the Bible.

Look at how you are trying to rubbish Abraham's tithe by calling it spoils of war. Since when did spoils of war stop amounting to what you worked for? Or do you think fighting a battle is child's play?

Abraham fought and got the spoils of war. He gave God ten percent. He did that to acknowledge that he didn't win that battle himself but with the help of God. Or how else do you think Abraham and his 300 men conquered ten Kings and their armies?

It's the same thing as going to work and getting paid out of which you pay tithe to God because he's really the one that made it possible for you to have that job, not your might.

You don't understand the concept behind animal sacrifice. It was a picture of Jesus Christ the Holy Lamb. They sacrificed animals to pay for their sins in anticipation of when Jesus Christ will be sacrificed so that we will no longer rely on the blood of bulls and rams but on his blood as payment for our sins.

If Abel, Abraham and Jacob were alive today, they won't be sacrificing animals but relying on the one time sacrifice of Jesus.

Mind you, because the Bible never recorded that Abraham tithed again doesn't mean he never did. Or are we to conclude that Abraham never brushed his teeth or used the toilet because no such record exists?

Please just shut up because you know nothing. Shut up or God will punish you for posing as knowledgeable on top of your ignorance. My Frank advice.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Danniedpastor(m): 1:48pm On Aug 16, 2020
Kriss216:
The chance of a traditionalist making Heaven is higher than a Pastor or Imam making Heaven.

Let's be frank to ourselves please, we're adults.

Without Christ... no heaven for anyone.
So, correct your mind set
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 16, 2020
Righteousness89:

Generation of People that Love to DECIEVE themselves.

The Bible is the WORD of GOD

JESUS Christ didn't come to Break the law, He came to Fufill the Law. Matt 5:17

Everything that needed to be Change in the Grace Dispensation was done by JESUS Christ .

Animals like u said were being offered, JESUS has come and has paid the price.

Up till today , you still call God of Abramham, Isaac and Jacob, God of Elijah.

Tithe is God's Share in what he Blessed you with.

Our Father of Faith , Abraham taught us how to do it...

JESUS Christ did not abolish Tithes.

What is most Important is your Salvation..

Leave Tithes Matter and Sort yourself out with God..

Stop assuming everyone to be like you. I don't call "God of Abraham etc". I call God through the only Mediator He has given, Jesus Christ.

This must be true because you say so, right?
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by feedthenation(m): 1:51pm On Aug 16, 2020
Righteousness89:

Tithing is Biblical!
Tithing is God's Commandment!
Tithing is not Salvation. Accepting Jesus Christ is What Gives us Salvation.

Every Part of the Word of God is Relevant to us.
Matthew 5:17-18
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

But this is the Truth!

A Believer who Claims to be Saved and Deliberately and Conciously Refuse to obey God in Tithe Matters may be Shocked at that day!

I Advice you to Pay your Tithe! Not paying your Tithe is Robbing God of His Share in what He gave you.

Ignore men or whoever at their talks! Obey God and His Word..

James 4:17
Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is Sin

It's a Similar stuff to the Republicans and Democrats in the United States..

You Cannot Claim to Be a Christian or a Believer and Endorse or Support a Party that is against God, against God's Word and Principles and you say u are going to Heaven?

The Democrats of today are totally Anti-God. Yet u see so called Believers Supporting them..

Rapture will Shock people!!

@ Righteousness89, In Nigeria, which political party do you think a Christian or a Believer should endorse in order to make heaven?
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Danniedpastor(m): 1:52pm On Aug 16, 2020
Righteousness89:

Tithing is Biblical!

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.
18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

But this is the Truth!

A Believer who Claims to be Saved and Deliberately and Conciously Refuse to obey God in Tithe Matters may be Shocked at that day!

I Advice you to Pay your Tithe! Not paying your Tithe is Robbing God of His Share in what He gave you.

You Cannot Claim to Be a Christian or a Believer and Endorse or Support a Party that is against God, against God's Word and Principles and you say u are going to Heaven?

The Democrats of today are totally Anti-God. Yet u see so called Believers Supporting them..

Do you know that, it's not recorded that any of the new testament church in the new testament paid or received tithe?

1 Like

Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Danniedpastor(m): 1:54pm On Aug 16, 2020
Kriss216:

Praying rosary and begging Virgin Mary to help intercede on your behalf is following intermediaries also.

No one comes to the father except through the Son, not mother. It's in the Bible.

Very correct
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Mayeldah(m): 1:58pm On Aug 16, 2020
Being born again is the only requirement for making heaven.

Tithing is earthly and its reward is earthly also.

Don't let anyone deceive you. Even among all the laws of the Old Testament, laws of faith, mercy and Justice is more important than the law of titihng. see matthew 23vs23.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Aug 16, 2020
Alexgman1:
Can someone who rarely pay tithe because of one of two reasons or doesn't pay tithe at all through out his life make heaven if he/she dies or when rapture takes place?

Let the men of GOD in the house clear the air on this.

Heaven doesn't exist.

But to help u sleep well @ nyt, Paying tithe has nothing to do with heaven
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by gaskiyamagana: 2:08pm On Aug 16, 2020
Kriss216:
The chance of a traditionalist making Heaven is higher than a Pastor or Imam making Heaven.

Let's be frank to ourselves please, we're adults.
This is bitterest truth to all church or mosque goers.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by alBHAGDADI: 2:12pm On Aug 16, 2020
HedwigesMaduro:

This misinformation has shown you for who you are. Abel was never recorded to have tithed. What he did was offer sacrifices. I know you lot always want to confuse the gullible ones on this.

What he did was tithing. The word firstlings is the same as firstfruits and used interchangeably with tithe.

Genesis 4:4 KJV
And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:

Proverbs 3:9
Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase:
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Thereishel: 2:12pm On Aug 16, 2020
Malachi 3: 8-10

8. Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.

9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.

10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

The first thing is to be born again and sanctity so that you can be holy to see God. After this your tithes would be acceptable to God but your soul first. According to the verses above if you're not paying your tithes regularly you won't make heaven because the verses call tithe defaulters robbers. How can a robber or thief make heaven? I am also guilty of this may God help me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by alBHAGDADI: 2:13pm On Aug 16, 2020
Investnow2017:

Then dont you think the same line of reasoning can be applied in the matter of Tithing? I am just curious.

Dumbo.

Tithing is not a picture of anything. Animal sacrifice was a picture of Jesus Christ and it had to stop after Jesus was crucified.

Now, show me what tithing is a picture of. Mugu

1 Like

Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Stephenomozzy(m): 2:14pm On Aug 16, 2020
Mana1227:

Have you forgotten that a thief that was crucified with Christ entered heaven? Who to enter heaven or not is God's business, only Him knows

why not both of them?

The one that entered heaven followed Christ by repentance and acknowledging Christ as the Son of God. It was not a random selection by divinity
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Shittu57: 2:17pm On Aug 16, 2020
tithe it's just like given part of your monthly income as a share to your prefere pastors..

my question is.. whom those the pastor give their tithe too
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by TGMISKY(m): 2:21pm On Aug 16, 2020
I don't think there are any angels in Nairaland
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by UtuokeAlcoholic: 2:21pm On Aug 16, 2020
Stephenomozzy:
There's a lot more than tithe that qualifies one for Heaven.

I'm pretty sure if one is in good standing in every other area of his spiritual journey, he might not have to ask this question as he would have a confirmation in his heart already.

Tithes doesn't buy access to heaven...failure to pay tithes is stealing from "God".

Find your meaning in the Bible
Oga, Paul said in the Bible if you believe that Jesus die for your sin, then you are saved. What is required of a Christian is just "believe" and salvation is yours. So there is nothing like tithe or no tithe.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Righteousness89(m): 2:24pm On Aug 16, 2020
Danniedpastor:

Do you know that, it's not recorded that any of the new testament church in the new testament paid or received tithe?

My Brother, Let's stop segregating what God did not Segregate..

Tithes is not something to contend about. It's God's Part of what He gave you.

The Bible is our Guide. Did u see where Jesus said do not give tithes?

Even the Parables Jesus gave us in Luke 18:10-13 talked about tithe..

No Genuie Believer should have Issues with tithe or no tithe! It Sounds Crazy!

Every GENUIE Beliver will be Intrested in Pleasing God and obeying not arguing this sort of things..

ITS WELL OO
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by UtuokeAlcoholic: 2:25pm On Aug 16, 2020
Righteousness89:

My Brother, Let's stop segregating what God did not Segregate..

Tithes is not something to contend about. It's God's Part of what He gave you.

The Bible is our Guide. Did u see where Jesus said do not give tithes?

Even the Parables Jesus gave us in Luke 18:10-13 talked about tithe..

No Genuie Believer should have Issues with tithe or no tithe! It Sounds Crazy!

Every GENUIE Beliver will be Intrested in Pleasing God and obeying not arguing this sort of things..

ITS WELL OO
Oga, Paul said in the Bible if you believe that Jesus die for your sin, then you are saved. What is required of a Christian is just "believe" and salvation is yours. So there is nothing like tithe or no tithe.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Investnow2017: 2:27pm On Aug 16, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

Dumbo.

Tithing is not a picture of anything. Animal sacrifice was a picture of Jesus Christ and it had to stop after Jesus was crucified.

Now, show me what tithing is a picture of. Mugu
Now you are as insultive as your father Satan, John 8:44.
Can you name one apostle who paid tithe or any Christian who paid tithe after the death of Jesus Christ?

1 Like

Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Stephenomozzy(m): 2:27pm On Aug 16, 2020
UtuokeAlcoholic:

Oga, read well. I say make you find your own meaning.

Nor rub your own for my face
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by JordanMichael(m): 2:31pm On Aug 16, 2020
Hebrews 12:14 says; Follow peace with all men and holiness, without which no man shall see the LORD. Tithe is not a perequisite to make heaven only "peace and holiness" My opinion though and I stand to be corrected.
Shalom!
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Chekitaut: 2:44pm On Aug 16, 2020
Whoever push, force, mandate, complousry you to pay tithe is putting curse on you. Fight ruthlessly & reject. Salvation is an individual race. Dey ur dey make i dey my dey... Let God judge me not human beans...
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by jaxxy(m): 2:48pm On Aug 16, 2020
First of who told u to tithe In the New Testament

Sm Christians like to live by laws just to hype their ego and self righteousness, they will even add more laws to the one God gave or stopped. undecided
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by biggy26: 2:52pm On Aug 16, 2020
Righteousness89:

Tithing is Biblical!

But this is the Truth!

God doesn't do shares. The earth is the Lord's!
In the covenant, your part is to only believe in the one God sent, and that's Jesus!!
Tithing has no place in salvation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

MFM Probes Pastor For Operating ‘Deliverance’ Centre / I Need An Interpretation For A Christian Chorus 'omame' / Catholic Church In Nigeria Celebrates Feast Of Christ The King Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.