Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,155 members, 7,835,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? (18171 Views)

Angela Nwosu: 'Don't Want To Make Heaven If It's Where Oyedepo, Adeboye Will Go' / "Pastor Adeboye Won't Make Heaven" - Daddy Freeze Gives 5 Reasons / Should A Non-tither Take Up Leadership Position In A Tithe Paying Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by alBHAGDADI: 12:15pm On Aug 16, 2020
desiredhome:

Maybe the God of Nigerian tithe payers is very wicked because with all the tithe payers, Churches everywhere (highly religious), prayers....yet the most poor on earth.......

The last time I checked God's word promise His children long life and God health.........

Meanwhile the other countries with less of religion.....etc have more promising life styles.....

We focus on tithe (irrelevant), money, physical building more than love (the most important) of all the commandments...... Mathew 23:23b

Only if the so call Christians can practice love the way Christ commands, we will have the best country on earth

We don't pay tithe to become rich. We pay because it belongs to God who in turn protects us from evil.

We don't pay tithe to become rich because it will be difficult for a rich man to make heaven while easy for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Taiwojon(m): 12:22pm On Aug 16, 2020
fulfilled God's commandments of tithes fir

give unto God what belong to God

pay your tithes
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Taiwojon(m): 12:22pm On Aug 16, 2020
fulfilled God's commandments of tithes first

give unto God what belong to God

pay your tithes
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by sonofthunder: 12:24pm On Aug 16, 2020
Londonland:
show me where jesus instructed his follower to pay tithe or keep quiet
Show me where Jesus instructed his followers not to pay tithe or keep quite.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by davidinchrist(m): 12:26pm On Aug 16, 2020
Alexgman1:
Can someone who rarely pay tithe because of one of two reasons or doesn't pay tithe at all through out his life make heaven if he/she dies or when rapture takes place?

Let the men of GOD in the house clear the air on this.

Alexgman1:
Can someone who rarely pay tithe because of one of two reasons or doesn't pay tithe at all through out his life make heaven if he/she dies or when rapture takes place?

If anyone is REALLY concerned about pleasing Jesus and entering his Kingdom, here is what you need:

John.14.15 - "IF you LOVE me, OBEY my commandments (in the New testament, especially Matthew, Mark, Luke and John).

Question: Did Jesus or any of his apostles command it? ZERO! They taught 'cheerful giving' NOT compulsory giving of the law. In Matt. 23:23, Jesus was talking to Religious hypocrites, Pharisees NOT his disciples.

Jesus is constantly about IF, not by force: if people don't want to obey or follow him, and strictly want to go to hell; right, he doesn't FORCE or STOP them. "It's "IF" you love me, obey me..."

Again, for those who are very careful about God's kingdom, if you're not sure about something, just use these four tests by the Holy Spirit using the scriptures:

1. Did Jesus do it? (Matthew - John)

2. Did Jesus preach it? (Matthew - John)

3. Did the apostles do it? (Acts - Revelation)

4. Did the apostles preach it? (Acts - Revelation)

Friends, if it loses these four counts, and I have no personal command from God to do such, then ALL the Great Pastors/Church founders and their followers can preach it; threaten and FOOL people with self-made, Religious LIES as much as they like, but not for me in Jesus name. Because EVERYONE is a LIAR compare to Christ. Rom. 3:4.

And remember:
Rom.10.4 - For Christ is THE END OF THE LAW for righteousness to EVERYONE WHO BELIEVES.

May the Lord Jesus bless you.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by BRIGHT180(m): 12:31pm On Aug 16, 2020
Tithing is not a Christian doctrine the Apostles collected donations(to support their ministry(2cor11:9, give to the poor or those in distress(romans 15:26 2cor9: Gal. 2:10)) early Christians but not a mandatory 10% on their income however if you decide to liberally engage the practice Glory to God if not Glory to God all the same

On the issue of eternally reigning with God. Believing that God sent his son to die for the remission of our sins inputting in us the righteousness of God engrafting us into his family(romans 3,romans 5:17 john 3:16) and be resurrected as the lord over Gods creation and the hope of all that will believe on him(1cor 15) is more than enough to pass you from death to life.(Col. 1:12,13)

The goal therefore should be living out the the life,light and love of God resident in us on account of salvation aided by constant fellowship through his word and prayer and most importantly "turning many to righteousness"
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by onojah4321(m): 12:34pm On Aug 16, 2020
hopefulLandlord:
Adeboye is a man of God, he drove a car from Ore to Lagos on empty tank and he said if you don't pay your tithes you won't make heaven. what more reason do you need to keep donating your 10% to churches?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpCgpR6dETY
You believed this? It's funny how people God gave brains keep believing some glaring fictional statements. How did we get to this stage of enslaving ourselves with religion? God help us
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Investnow2017: 12:35pm On Aug 16, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

We don't pay tithe to become rich. We pay because it belongs to God who in turn protects us from evil.

We don't pay tithe to become rich because it will be difficult for a rich man to make heaven while easy for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle.
I forgot that Bible portion you quoted sometime concerning Abel paying tithe. Can you remind me again please?
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by akaahs(m): 12:38pm On Aug 16, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

@OP

Tithing is not what gets you to heaven, BELIEVE in Jesus Christ is what guarantees you heaven.

But does that mean tithing is not compulsory? No. Tithing is the law of God which must be obeyed. It comes with a blessing for obeying and a curse for disobeying, same thing with other laws of God.

For example, God said we shouldn't steal. If you obey, which leaves you to within your means, God will bless the little you have such that you won't need to steal. If you don't obey, guess what? If you are caught stealing, you will be disgraced. What if you get sent to prison for 20 years for that?

Do you know how many people don't even know what Instagram, Facebook and Twitter is? They don't know what an Android phone is. Why? Because they have been in prison for more than 20 years and deprived of many things. So, if you don't steal, you don't suffer such.

What I find funny is how stubborn people feel tithing is no more the law of God because it's in the old testament. Okay, God also told us in the old testament that we shouldn't have sex with our mothers father, sister, aunty or close kin in general. The those stubborn people to go and do that since that law is in the old testament.

Dear OP, the way to make heaven is not by tithing. Tithing only helps you here on Earth but also in heaven where you get rewarded for obeying God's commandment. But it plays not part in getting you into heaven. How do you make heaven?

You make heaven by simply believing that Jesus Christ paid for your sins, including the one of not paying tithe. Once you do that, he gives you eternal life and you will never perish according to John 3:16. With that heaven is certain for you and nothing can make you lose it. You already have eternal life which can't be taken from you otherwise it will mean it was never an eternal life God gave you.

But can God punish you for disobedience like not paying your tithe. But will he throw you in hell because of that? No. Why? You are his child which you became the moment you believed in his Son Jesus Christ.

John 1:12
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

As a parent, you can never burn you child with fire for disobedience. Why should you now think our Heavenly Father will do the same to his children.

Mathew 7:11 KJV
If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

Accept Jesus Christ today and you will never miss heaven.
D question is; how many times has Jesus pay his tithe??
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Investnow2017: 12:40pm On Aug 16, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

Tithing existed before Judaism, it is the law of God which not one jot will pass away.
Abel made an animal sacrifice long before the Judaism law, should Christians follow your principle and engage in making animal sacrfices too?

2 Likes

Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by OkCornel(m): 12:40pm On Aug 16, 2020
1) Abeg o, can someone explain how Job (a non-Jew) resident in the land of Uz was prosperous without paying tithe?

2) Can someone provide us with references of non-Jewish believers that practiced tithing in the early church?

3) Can someone provide us with references of the Apostles demanding tithes from the early Christians as part of the requirements to be met before God blesses them?

4) Can someone explain to us why Abram’s “one-off tithe” from warspoils should serve as a basis for Christians to part regularly with 10% of their “monthly” monetary income today?
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Dwiseone1: 12:40pm On Aug 16, 2020
Believing in Christ is the only way to heaven not by tithing.

When we get to heaven we are rewarded for the good deeds including paying tithe willingly, to promote the Gospel.

You can go to heaven and not be rewarded because you didn't do anything other than believing in Christ and serving his Father. You can not serve the father effectively without doing good deeds.

More so, we are saved so that we can do good works that pleases the Father. It is the father who is in us causing us to be willing and to do good things.

So true Christians will make heaven. But to be rewarded in heaven we need to work for the kingdom of God. We need to win souls we need to be merciful to others, be faithful and uphold justice.

“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone".
Matthew 23:23 NKJV
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 16, 2020
Wolgrace:
Some sacred things of God don't even need debate. A short trip to hell would have drop our senses and reset our spirits. Shocking wailing warnings are there too.

Debating is a proof that Holy Spirit is absent in one's life. "Those that are led by the Spirit of God are His sons because the Lord knows those that are His." His own hears His voice and they obey Him i.e they drop their senses to follow His instruction, because a follower does not debabte (debate is a distraction) but to focus on Him and His instruction like an obedient soldier to His chief commander.

Brethren, let us drop our senses, leave debate, and commune with the Holy Spirit because without Him lies the strength of our carnal senses.

Prayer: Holy Spirit our helper and giver of peace in all confusion and to the confusionists, come and have your way...

Drop our senses? Lol...Sounds Familiar!
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by OkCornel(m): 12:43pm On Aug 16, 2020
When pro-tithers are ready to show us where God specifically mentioned money as part of the items to be tithed, then they should know that monetary tithing is unscriptural.

When God required money for the needs of the Temple, He specifically mentioned where all Israelite males should be levied a temple tax of half a shekel every year. That was an instance of God clearly asking for money.

Refer to Exodus 30 v 13-16 for where God gave the instruction through Moses;

13 This shall every man give, that goeth into the number, half a shekel, after the [a]shekel of the Sanctuary: (a shekel is twenty gerahs) the half shekel shall be an offering to the Lord.
14 All that are numbered from twenty years old and above, shall give an offering to the Lord.
15 The rich shall not pass, and the poor shall not diminish from half a shekel, when ye shall give an offering unto the Lord, for the redemption of your lives.
16 So thou shalt take the money of the redemption of the children of Israel, and shalt put it unto the use of the Tabernacle of the Congregation, that it may be a memorial unto the children of Israel before the Lord, for the redemption of your lives.

BASED ON THE ABOVE, IT WAS CLEAR WHEN GOD ASKED FOR MONEY TO MAINTAIN THE TEMPLE... NOW LET US EXAMINE GOD'S REQUIREMENT FOR TITHES

Refer to Deuteronomy 14 v 22-29;

22 Thou shalt give the tithe of all the increase of thy seed, that cometh forth of the field year by year.
23 And thou shalt eat before the Lord thy God (in the place which he shall choose to cause his Name to dwell there) the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstborn of thy kine, and of thy sheep, that thou mayest learn to fear the Lord thy God always.
24 And if the way be too long for thee, so that thou art not able to carry it, because the place is far from thee, where the Lord thy God shall choose to set his name, when the Lord thy God shall bless thee,
25 Then shalt thou make it in money, and take the money in thine hand, and go unto the place which the Lord thy God shall choose.
26 And thou shalt bestow the money for whatsoever thine heart desireth: whether it be ox, or sheep, or wine, or strong drink, or whatsoever thine heart desireth: and shalt eat it there before the Lord thy God, and rejoice, both thou, and thine household.

27 And the Levite that is within thy gates, shalt thou not forsake: for he hath neither part nor inheritance with thee.
28 At the end of three years thou shalt [e]bring forth all the tithes of thine increase of the same year, and lay it up within thy gates.
29 Then the Levite shall come, because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee, and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, and shall eat, and be filled, that the Lord thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest.

Based on the above verses, God clearly mentioned what is titheable, and money was not part of the items to be tithed.

IN CONCLUSION:
So any fraudster that comes with the excuse that money was not in use because the Israelites were predominantly farmers and cattle rearers...should read Exodus 30 v 13-16 and explain to us why God demanded money from these same Israelites...but specified crops and livestock as tithes in Deuteronomy 14 v 22-29;

Also, I'll be waiting for scriptural references where God made tithing mandatory for gentiles as well.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by victorazyvictor(m): 12:54pm On Aug 16, 2020
solite3:
yes, the only condition is that a man must be born again.

You can't be born again and dont pay tithe.....
None tither cant make heaven, believe it or leave it.

Tithe is an evidence of membership of God's kingdom, is an instruction and obey between father and son, leader and subject. etc. dont be deceived.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by alBHAGDADI: 12:57pm On Aug 16, 2020
Investnow2017:

Abel made an animal sacrifice long before the Judaism law, should Christians follow your principle and engage in making animal sacrfices too?

Abel's animal sacrifice was a picture of Jesus Christ the Holy Lamb who was slain for our sins.

Abraham, Jacob and others also sacrificed the blood of animals or the forgiveness of their sins. All of that was a picture of the ultimate sacrifice to be done by Jesus Christ. Now that Jesus Christ has come, we no longer need to sacrifice animals because his death has taken away our sins.

John 1:29 KJV
The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

1 Peter 1:19-20 KJV
19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by alBHAGDADI: 12:58pm On Aug 16, 2020
akaahs:
D question is; how many times has Jesus pay his tithe??
The question should be is Jesus Christ God to you?
If yes, then why should God pay tithe to himself?
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by seunayantokun(m): 1:02pm On Aug 16, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

As common with Jehovah's False Witnesses, you have sidestepped the point and acted as if it's not there.

Here you are implying that the commandments given by God in the Old Testament are no longer valid and that it is Jesus you are following. Whereas Jesus himself said those laws still stand.

Mathew 5:7 KJV
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Why would Jesus destroy those laws and render them obsolete when he said that he and his Father are One, which means they agree?

John 10:30
I and my Father are one.

If he and his Father are One, then it means his Father's laws still stand because he stands with them. And if he stands with them, it means those who love him are to obey his commandments which are his Father's laws because they are One.

John 14:15
If ye love me, keep my commandments.

But a lying false witness says Jesus and God are not one, that's why his foolishness separated them and their laws.

Since God's laws don't matter to you, then go ahead and disobey the one that says you shouldn't sleep with your mother. Go ahead and disobey it because you won't be punished for a law which is old covenant.

Everybody, watch how he will sidestep this post and come up with something entirely different, which doesn't address it.

If my church practises tithing, I must be part of it. If my church doesn't, I can't be guilty of not paying. I must keep the unity of the spirit and the church and by so doing fulfill the law of love and of the Lord. Tithing or no tithing might not be a sin. If your church practises it and you don't want to, leave. If your church doesn't practises it and you want to, go where you will be able to do your urging. It will be a serious sin to say you won't pay tithes in a church where it is judiciously used to pay salaries, meet needs of the needy, etc.

There are debates today because church finances are not being managed in many places the way they should be managed.

In churches where tithes are not paid, some other forms of donations and offerings are taken. The church is a place where spiritual and other kinds of needs are met, and those who are engaged in carrying out the roles have to be remunerated too.

We need to understand the New covenant (testament) but we can't do that without properly understanding its basis which is contained in the Old Testament part of our Bible. From the Old Testament, I understand that God is not a straitjacketed public prosecutor looking for sinners to hang but He doesn't tolerate sin or rebellion. God is love. Where divine love prevails, there is no questioning or debating, and for that, we are all responsible, the clergy and the laity.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by rossovu: 1:02pm On Aug 16, 2020
Youngzedd:

TITHING DEMYSTIFIED

OLD COVENANT

There are 3 types of tithing.

1) Tithe of the feast: This tithe is for your consumption and you do it every first and second year.
Deuteronomy 14:22-26 explains it all.

2) Levitcal tithe: This tithe is what you give to the Levite (only to the descendants of Jacob’s son Levi) in the third year after you have eaten your tithe in the first and second year.

Deuteronomy 14:28-29, Deuteronomy 26:12 and Numbers 18:21- 25 explains it all.

The strict condition here is that you must be the bloodline of Levi to collect tithe. No body else on earth is qualified to collect this tithe apart from those who have the blood of Jacob's son Levi running through their veins. Any other person who collect this is either a criminal or ignorant.

3) Tithe to the needy: In the third year after you have previously eaten your tithe in the first and second year, you're to give the tithe of the third year to the foreigners, the fatherless and the widows.

Levitcal tithe and tithe to the poor is for the third year, that's to say, you share it between the Levites, foreigners, fatherless and widows. It is only meant for this four set of people.

What about Malachi 3:8-10?

Well, God was talking to the Levites and not the Israelites who bring the tithe. Among the Levites, there's a high priest who enters the holiest of holy. Read from Malachi 2:1 to see that God was talking to the Priests (Levites).

The priests (Levites) were playing smart on the tithe they collect from the Israelites.

THE STORE HOUSE

The Levites (priests) were to take out 10% of the tithe they collect from the Israelites and keep in the store house, Numbers 18:25 - 29 explains it, but they stopped doing it, they started making smart move on it and God was angry with them.

They were misbehaving with the tithes they collected, the book of Nehemiah 13:4 - 13 explains it.

NEW COVENANT

In the new covenant, you as a believer is the church (house of Yahuah/God) not a building (2 Corinthians 5:1, Acts 17:24, Acts 7:48, Matthew 24:1-2 and John 4:21-24) and a priest while Yahushua (Christ) is the high priest (Read Hebrew 7).

Because you as a believer is the church, there's no physical store house or temple, you are now the spiritual temple God dwell in, if you are the temple they use to bring their tithes to, then it's you that will consume the tithe not a Pastor or Priest.

In the entire new testament, there's no place Christ or the believers preached, received or collected tithe. Think for a minute, if the new testament is the Christian manual, why is tithing not there and what does that tell you?

C'mon, tithing and first fruit have no place in Christianity. It is what it is.

Tithing is excepting yourself from the sacrifice of Christ on the cross.

In the new covenant, the law was fulfilled by Christ and we are no longer under the law. After resurrection of Christ, the law became weak and useless as seen in the Hebrew 7:8-19.

Hebrews 7:18-19
18 The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless 19 (for the law made nothing perfect), and a better hope is introduced, by which we draw near to God.

Galatians 3:19-20
Why, then, was the law given at all? It was added because of transgressions until the Seed to whom the promise referred had come. The law was given through angels and entrusted to a mediator. 20 A mediator,however, implies more than one party; but God is one.

* Christ is the seed been referred to here.

Colossians 2:17
These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.
The 613 laws are shadows until Christ came. Christ fulfilled the law, done and dusted, chapter closed forever. That's why it's now weak and useless.

Hebrews 7:12
For when the priesthood is changed, the law must be changed also.
Hebrew 8 vs 13
"By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear."

Romans 7:6
But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.

Galatians 3:10
For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.”

* If you're to obey the laws in the old testament to be right with God, you're to obey ALL the 613 laws otherwise you're under a curse. Tithing to fulfil what's written in the book of law attracts a curse. Stop tithing, you're bringing a curse to yourself.

James 2:10
For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

Galatians 2:21
I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!”

Hebrews 10:9-10
9 Then he said, “Here I am, I have come to do your will.” He sets aside the first to establish the second. 10 And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Christ once for all.

He set aside OLD COVENANT found in the old testament to establish the NEW COVENANT found in the new testament.

2 Corinthians 3:6
He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
* The letter here is the old covenants (laws) while the spirit is the new covenant. Read the whole chapter for better understanding.

Please brothers and sisters, do yourself a favour and read the whole of 2 Corinthians 3. Verse 14 "But their minds were made dull, for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read. It has not been removed, because only in Christ is it taken away." is exactly what is happening in Christianity today. The minds of many were made dull.

Never allow any man born of flesh push you to do the things that are now weak and useless.
If Christ and the early Christians didn't do it, I tell you today, don't do it no matter the pressure.

The new testament scriptures are Christian manual, anything not found there shouldn't be a doctrine.

I still remain the son of the TRUTH.
God bless you!
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Hardtalk: 1:04pm On Aug 16, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

@OP

Tithing is not what gets you to heaven, BELIEVE in Jesus Christ is what guarantees you heaven.

But does that mean tithing is not compulsory? No. Tithing is the law of God which must be obeyed. It comes with a blessing for obeying and a curse for disobeying, same thing with other laws of God.

For example, God said we shouldn't steal. If you obey, which leaves you to within your means, God will bless the little you have such that you won't need to steal. If you don't obey, guess what? If you are caught stealing, you will be disgraced. What if you get sent to prison for 20 years for that?

Do you know how many people don't even know what Instagram, Facebook and Twitter is? They don't know what an Android phone is. Why? Because they have been in prison for more than 20 years and deprived of many things. So, if you don't steal, you don't suffer such.

What I find funny is how stubborn people feel tithing is no more the law of God because it's in the old testament. Okay, God also told us in the old testament that we shouldn't have sex with our mothers father, sister, aunty or close kin in general. The those stubborn people to go and do that since that law is in the old testament.

Dear OP, the way to make heaven is not by tithing. Tithing only helps you here on Earth but also in heaven where you get rewarded for obeying God's commandment. But it plays not part in getting you into heaven. How do you make heaven?

You make heaven by simply believing that Jesus Christ paid for your sins, including the one of not paying tithe. Once you do that, he gives you eternal life and you will never perish according to John 3:16. With that heaven is certain for you and nothing can make you lose it. You already have eternal life which can't be taken from you otherwise it will mean it was never an eternal life God gave you.

But can God punish you for disobedience like not paying your tithe. But will he throw you in hell because of that? No. Why? You are his child which you became the moment you believed in his Son Jesus Christ.

John 1:12
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

As a parent, you can never burn you child with fire for disobedience. Why should you now think our Heavenly Father will do the same to his children.

Mathew 7:11 KJV
If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?

Accept Jesus Christ today and you will never miss heaven.

This is the most reasonable contribution amongst the thrash spewed by some here. Most some people comment at all?

1 Like

Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Giwoni: 1:06pm On Aug 16, 2020
hopefulLandlord:
Adeboye is a man of God, he drove a car from Ore to Lagos on empty tank and he said if you don't pay your tithes you won't make heaven. what more reason do you need to keep donating your 10% to churches?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpCgpR6dETY
Where was it written in the Bible that if you don't pay tithes you will not make heaven?
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by rossovu: 1:06pm On Aug 16, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

The question should be is Jesus Christ God to you?

If yes, then why should God pay tithe to himself?

So all the times Jesus was praying, He was praying to Himself.

1 Like

Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by jUeLiZ: 1:07pm On Aug 16, 2020
Kriss216:
The chance of a traditionalist making Heaven is higher than a Pastor or Imam making Heaven.

Let's be frank to ourselves please, we're adults.
I don't understand sir.. please can you explain what you just typed
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by alBHAGDADI: 1:12pm On Aug 16, 2020
rossovu:

So all the times Jesus was praying, He was praying to Himself.

He was praying to God the Father. Jesus had no need to tithe because he created everything
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Aug 16, 2020
Righteousness89:

b]A Believer who Claims to be Saved and Deliberately and Conciously Refuse to obey God in Tithe Matters may be Shocked at that day![/b]

Do you make animal sacrifices? Probably you'd be shocked that day for disobeying God in matter of sacrifices.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by TruthHurts100: 1:16pm On Aug 16, 2020
Stop being gullible and stupid.

Do you think they really care about your spiritual life? Do you think that was why they were fighting to reopen the churches?

Na your money dem dey find.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by brainhgeek(m): 1:18pm On Aug 16, 2020
Kriss216:
The chance of a traditionalist making Heaven is higher than a Pastor or Imam making Heaven.

Let's be frank to ourselves please, we're adults.

Oshey!!! Record captain. Nominator of heaven candidates.
No one comes to the father except through Jesus. You hear?
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Aug 16, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

Mr Jehovah's False Witness, since Jesus has nailed that old covenant to the "torture stake", why not disobey the law below by having hot steaming sex with your mother or homosexual sex with your father? I believe you hold the view that the law below is also in the old covenant. Mugu.

Leviticus 18:6-7
None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him, to uncover their unclothedness: I am the L ORD .
The unclothedness of thy father, or the unclothedness of thy mother, shalt thou not uncover: she is thy mother; thou shalt not uncover her unclothedness.

Well, before the law came did God not destroy the world due to sin. So after the law you should still know what is sin. In the Old Testament laws you're not supposed to eat crustaceans. Tell me if eating crabs, crayfish and shrimps are sins because it's part of those laws.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Dalby(m): 1:20pm On Aug 16, 2020
Alexgman1:

Non that died came back to tell us if they made it or not
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Aug 16, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

Tithing existed before Judaism, it is the law of God which not one jot will pass away.

Animal sacrifices existed before Judaism. Why are you still not practising it? Apart for the fact that it's dubious to claim money as tithes. In those Old Testament laws money was never the tithes.
Re: Can A Non-tither Make Heaven? by Investnow2017: 1:22pm On Aug 16, 2020
alBHAGDADI:

Abel's animal sacrifice was a picture of Jesus Christ the Holy Lamb who was slain for our sins.

Abraham, Jacob and others also sacrificed the blood of animals or the forgiveness of their sins. All of that was a picture of the ultimate sacrifice to be done by Jesus Christ. Now that Jesus Christ has come, we no longer need to sacrifice animals because his death has taken away our sins.

John 1:29 KJV
The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

1 Peter 1:19-20 KJV
19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot:
20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,
Then dont you think the same line of reasoning can be applied in the matter of Tithing? I am just curious.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nicholas Chukwuemeka Tagbo Burial Ceremony In Onitsha (Photos) / Questions W.F Kumuyi Must Answer Before Coming To Aba / The Interesting things About God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.