Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,130 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:20 PM

Does God Really Know The Future? - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Really Know The Future? (13182 Views)

Does God Really Send People To Hell? / Is God Really Omniscient?? / Does God Truly Hate Masturbation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Peterrio: 10:41pm On Sep 23, 2020
Blabbermouth:

Yeah, if Nairaland has a voice note feature, this discussion might have ended at page 8.
Peterrio, did you read the thread from 1 - 16?

I read 1,2, 15 and 16
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Peterrio: 10:42pm On Sep 23, 2020
Peterrio:

I read 1,2, 15 and 16

And by making this statement, 17 was created
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Blabbermouth: 10:46pm On Sep 23, 2020
Peterrio:

I read 1,2, 15 and 16
Awwwnnn, you missed the fireworks.
What say ye, Does God really know the future?
PS: The strength to drag the discussion on and on has finished, but I do hope I learn few or a lot of things from your view.
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Peterrio: 10:51pm On Sep 23, 2020
Does God know the future?
Or Can God tell if one is going to be condemned or not?

So far I have seen four (4) different interesting viewpoints to the matter:

1. God knows everything, absolutely everything, including whether you will be condemned or not

2. God can choose not to foreknow certain information

3. God doesn't know everything, he only knows some big events and a few special individuals

4. God doesn't actually foreknow anything, whatever it seems that he foreknows actually is prophesied into being, or declared into being

Please add yours
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Peterrio: 10:53pm On Sep 23, 2020
Blabbermouth:

PS: The strength to drag the discussion on and on has finished, but I do hope I learn few or a lot of things from your view.

Please direct me to the fireworks, I just hope its not all sentimental argument, without logic

I need to know the firework pages
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Blabbermouth: 10:55pm On Sep 23, 2020
Peterrio:
Does God know the future?
Or Can God tell if one is going to be condemned or not?

So far I have seen four (4) different interesting viewpoints to the matter:

1. God knows everything, absolutely everything, including whether you will be condemned or not

2. God can choose not to foreknow certain information

3. God doesn't know everything, he only knows some big events and a few special individuals

4. God doesn't actually foreknow anything, whatever it seems that he foreknows actually is prophesied into being, or declared into being

Please add yours
Add yours.
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Peterrio: 10:57pm On Sep 23, 2020
Blabbermouth:

Personally I feel that the idea of God has so many exaggerations to it

I would say that he doesn't actually foreknow every single detail

But he certainly knows some big future events and a few special individuals

But beyond that, he doesn't know if you will finally stick with good or evil, you're free to choose any

But there are guys, in my opinion, that are stuck with good, predestined that way
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Peterrio: 11:00pm On Sep 23, 2020
1 Peter 1:1&2
Romans 8:29
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Blabbermouth: 11:08pm On Sep 23, 2020
Peterrio:

Please direct me to the fireworks, I just hope its not all sentimental argument, without logic

I need to know the firework pages
Page 7-10.
Before that, we argued with the case of a foetus, discussed on if a time machine model can be an applicable illustration for how God foreknows the future, and the model of time from God's standpoint and from man.
Happy Reading!
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Blabbermouth: 11:13pm On Sep 23, 2020
Peterrio:

Ohhh, do go through page 7-10.

Why? What's limiting Him?

But he certainly knows some big future events and a few special individuals
Examples sir. Examples of;
1. The big future events and a few special individuals which God know of.
2. An Example of the above which is 100% independent of God's orchestration /declaration

But beyond that, he doesn't know if you will finally stick with good or evil, you're free to choose any
With the use of the subjective word "IF" and a lot of "warnings, fatherly advises, Godly advises"that the Almighty himself used all over the old testament and Jesus still use till today, I believe you are not wrong.

But there are guys, in my opinion, that are stuck with good, predestined that way
Different folks will surely have minute differences in doctrination.
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Peterrio: 11:20pm On Sep 23, 2020
Blabbermouth:

Ohhh, do go through page 7-10.

Why? What's limiting Him?

Examples sir. Examples of;
1. The big future events and a few special individuals which God know of.
2. An Example of the above which is 100% independent of God's orchestration /declaration

With the use of the subjective word "IF" and a lot of "warnings, fatherly advises, Godly advises"that the Almighty himself used all over the old testament and Jesus still use till today, I believe you are not wrong.

Different folks will surely have minute differences in doctrination.

So, I personally believe he doesn't know ALL things to come

But I can't say what's actually limiting him
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Peterrio: 11:23pm On Sep 23, 2020
Maybe because we are free willed, plus I feel a lot of happenings in the universe are automated, he can't actually tell ALL exact future events CORRECTLY
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Blabbermouth: 11:23pm On Sep 23, 2020
Peterrio:

So, I personally believe he knows ALL things to come

But I can't say what's actually limiting him

That's cool.
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by AkinwaleJJ(f): 11:24pm On Sep 23, 2020
Peterrio:

God certainly knows some big future events and faithful individuals

[But there are guys, in my opinion, that are stuck with good, predestined that way because their hearts always becomes heavy with guilts anytime evil thoughts ran through them

God knows the type of future he's planning [Jere 29:11] and he can fish out people who already have that type of thinking, but as for others he's working towards inviting them to reason along! Isai 1:18
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Blabbermouth: 11:26pm On Sep 23, 2020
Peterrio:
Maybe because we are free willed, plus I feel a lot of happenings in the universe are automated, he can't actually tell ALL exact future events CORRECTLY
Don't you think this makes Him appear less, you know, Divine and Omni-everything?

Ps: Do take your time and go through the pages whenever you are chanced.
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Peterrio: 11:26pm On Sep 23, 2020
Big future events like the fall of Babylon, medes and Persia, etc

Select individuals like prophet Jeremiah (not fufeyin), Jesus birth and life, Etc
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Peterrio: 11:30pm On Sep 23, 2020
Whether God directly or actively orchestrated after a declaration

Or he only knew ahead of time

I can't tell the difference

But clearly it's a show of some sort of power that he can say things, and make them come to pass

Or he actually does know those things in details long before they happen
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Blabbermouth: 11:30pm On Sep 23, 2020
Peterrio:
Big future events like the fall of Babylon, medes and Persia, etc

Select individuals like prophet Jeremiah (not fufeyin), Jesus birth and life, Etc
Hmmmm
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Blabbermouth: 11:31pm On Sep 23, 2020
AkinwaleJJ:

God knows the type of future he's planning [Jere 29:11] and he can fish out people who already have that type of thinking, but as for others he's working towards inviting them to reason along! Isai 1:18
God's plan.
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by DeusXmachina: 11:34pm On Sep 23, 2020
I for one do not know the future, but if I have sufficient data on the present and past, I can compute and make predictions of the future within a certain margin of error.

But on a serious note, if the Christian God is indeed all knowing of the future, this creates a lot problems. Such as freewill being a lie and the goodness and benevolence of this God coming into question.
Like he knew Adam and Eve were going to eat the forbidden fruit, but still created the tree and left it in the garden of Eden were he placed them.
He knew Lucifer was going to betray him but still left him around, but still gets angry when things he knows are going to happen happen because he allows them to happen.

Seems to me like this God can't actually tell the future, and if he can then it would mean he has a malicious side he doesn't want to admit.
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Peterrio: 11:40pm On Sep 23, 2020
Blabbermouth:

Don't you think this makes Him appear less, you know, Divine and Omni-everything?

Ps: Do take your time and go through the pages whenever you are chanced.

If God is everywhere for example, I don't think he will need angels

I think he moves from place to place

Job 1:6-7 for example, God probably couldn't tell where Satan was coming from

I can't say for sure tho

He gave us freewill so we can make choices, choices which aren't completely foreknown
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Peterrio: 11:44pm On Sep 23, 2020
AkinwaleJJ:

Did you read the scriptures following my quoted statements?

Whether evil pricks the hearts of some men isn't the issue, that he has specially picked some that no matter what, he has chosen them, and its final

Remember that among the others that he hasn't actually CHOSEN and HANDPICKED there a lot of good hearted people that love to do his will, they will CHOOSE on their own and follow
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Peterrio: 11:48pm On Sep 23, 2020
DeusXmachina:
I for one do not know the future, but if I have sufficient data on the present and past, I can compute and make predictions of the future within a certain margin of error.

That you know the present and the past doesn't mean you can accurately predict the future, life isn't a straight line graph or any simple curve
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by shadeyinka(m): 11:50pm On Sep 23, 2020
Blabbermouth:

If we will have to talk about this, we will have to quake into a lot of deep things. However, you still are wrong with your misconceptions.

You didn't pay attention to so many things.

What will happen depends on God.

Do a brief research on the word "World".

The account of the Garden of Eden was far more than eating a forbidden fruit and merrying with disobedience.

The Devil principally tempted two persons
1. The First Adam (although it was indirect)
2. The Second Adam (Jesus Christ)
Both were necessary, the first disappointed, the second overcame! God knew and He permitted it (for a very big cause) in both cases.

You should define " Time " from;
1. Man's Standpoint
2. God's Standpoint

Subconsciously, you don't want to go further any longer, no problem.
Your belief or disbelief in the existence of an account of the future has little to zero salvation value, so I won't press further, I do hope that you receive a more complete revelation than the one I have on this matter.
It (this discussion and its essence) is a tool that was meant to aid in deep quaking of truths that have been a mystery for long.
It is well sir Shadeyinka, I rest my case.
Time from Man's point of view:
Time is the measure of interval between two or more physical events.
Time from God's point of view:
Is Meaningless or Irrelevant
2Pt3:8
8 Beloved, do not let this one thing escape your notice: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by DeusXmachina: 11:52pm On Sep 23, 2020
Peterrio:

That you know the present and the past doesn't mean you can accurately predict the future, life isn't a straight line graph or any simple curve
"Within a margin of error"
Never said it will always be accurate.
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Peterrio: 11:52pm On Sep 23, 2020
DeusXmachina:
I

But on a serious note, if the Christian God is indeed all knowing of the future, this creates a lot problems. Such as freewill being a lie and the goodness and benevolence of this God coming into question.

Freewill for example doesn't equate OMNIPOTENT

we are only free to pick from a list of options

God didn't know for sure that humans would pick evil over good

But he definitely knew the probability was there that humans would pick evil over good
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by DeusXmachina: 11:56pm On Sep 23, 2020
Peterrio:

Freewill for example doesn't equate OMNIPOTENT

we are only free to pick from a list of options

God didn't know for sure that humans would pick evil over good

But he definitely knew the probability was there that humans would pick evil over good

Fair enough.

But it still implies a limited freewill, if one can only choose from a list of options.
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Peterrio: 11:56pm On Sep 23, 2020
DeusXmachina:

"Within a margin of error"
Never said it will always be accurate.

The reason why data science and big data is tied to artificial intelligence is because there's need for a whole lot of data

Peta and exabytes of data

I seriously doubt that all of humanity combined knows 20% of our own human history

We aren't sure of up to 20% of our own human history

Its basically an impossibility to have any margin of error that is considered worthwhile
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Peterrio: 12:01am On Sep 24, 2020
shadeyinka:

Time from Man's point of view:
Time is the measure of interval between two or more physical events.
Time from God's point of view:
Is Meaningless or Irrelevant
2Pt3:8
8 Beloved, do not let this one thing escape your notice: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day.

Time isn't meaningless or irrelevant, a comparison is made here, making time to remain meaningful

A day in the life of a HUMAN is like a thousand years in the life of a MAYFLY

Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Peterrio: 12:04am On Sep 24, 2020
DeusXmachina:

Fair enough.

But it still implies a limited freewill, if one can only choose from a list of options.

Yes, our freewill is limited

Or so I think
Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by DeusXmachina: 12:30am On Sep 24, 2020
Peterrio:

The reason why data science and big data is tied to artificial intelligence is because there's need for a whole lot of data

Peta and exabytes of data

I seriously doubt that all of humanity combined knows 20% of our own human history

We aren't sure of up to 20% of our own human history

Its basically an impossibility to have any margin of error that is considered worthwhile
Well more isolated phenomenon like weather with data constantly being collected by satellites and ground instruments. The predictably of that has gone remarkably up in the past few years with an 80% accuracy for a 7 day forecast and 90% on 5 day forecasts.

But it comes down to some limitations, for example if the data on the position and speed of subatomic particles were attainable. Physicists would hold certain knowledge of the future, but as it turns out the physics limits such a thing, were one can obtain the speed of a particular particle, but never it's position and vice versa, because the very act of observation affects the particle and causes change in it's position or speed.

And the human world is far too complex to obtain every single possible data on it.

1 Like

Re: Does God Really Know The Future? by Peterrio: 12:38am On Sep 24, 2020
DeusXmachina:

Well more isolated phenomenon like weather with data constantly being collected by satellites and ground instruments. The predictably of that has gone remarkably up in the past few years with an 80% accuracy for a 7 day forecast and 90% on 5 day forecasts.

But it comes down to some limitations, for example if the data on the position and speed of subatomic particles were attainable. Physicists would hold certain knowledge of the future, but as it turns out the physics limits such a thing, were one can obtain the speed of a particular particle, but never it's position and vice versa, because the very act of observation affects the particle and causes change in it's position or speed.

And the human world is far too complex to obtain every single possible data on it.

Fantastic, you get the point

To an extent I feel that God has a lot of power, someone that knows the future or can say something about the future and it comes exactly that way

I believe he will use the power to undo all the rubbish that has taken place for ages, and return humans to that beautiful Eden beginning

And, very importantly remove all factors that might make us fall again

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

How To Increase Your Faith – By Rev. Kenneth E. Hagin / Does God Really Answer Prayers? / Why Africans Are Religious

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.