Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,124 members, 7,818,370 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches (59823 Views)

Prophet Joshua Iginla Exposes Plans By Pastors To Frame Him Up For Murder / Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches / Bishop Chukwuma: I Didn’t Dare Government Over Closure Of Churches In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by yahmohy27: 7:08am On Aug 17, 2020
adedehinbo:
I am a Muslim but if this proposed plan is true,then it means this govt has a hidden agenda against christains in Nigeria
you're not a Muslim,or you think Muslim is by NAME?

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by PlanetZero: 7:08am On Aug 17, 2020
lekki1444:
cheesy NO MORE MONEY FOR DADDY cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

TIME TO GROUND THE PRIVATE JETS cheesy cheesy

SOMEBODY TELL PAPA TO GO AND BUY NIKES. ITS TIME TO START TREKKING LIKE A REAL NIGGA ON THESE MEAN LAGOS STREETZ

See because you don’t like someone does not mean we should support evil. I’m not a pastor but this move is wrong. There is an agenda. And this is not good for Christians and the southern Muslims and not good for the nation. Boko Haram started and some northern Muslims were happy because they only attack Christians but now they also attack Muslims. We should be careful of the monster we are breeding

5 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by PlanetZero: 7:08am On Aug 17, 2020
PlanetZero:

See because you don’t like someone does not mean we should support evil. I’m not a pastor but this move is wrong. There is an agenda. And this is not good for Christians and the southern Muslims and not good for the nation. Boko Haram started and some northern Muslims were happy because they only attack Christians as at then but now they also attack Muslims. We should be careful of the monster we are breeding
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by backnbeta(f): 7:08am On Aug 17, 2020
noleflendum:
Stop wailing like peeg
It is God's account not yours
Should God's account be managed by the government? Even if you hate Christianity, don't support an evil government because Injustice to one is injustice to all!

7 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by MajorOvakporaye(f): 7:09am On Aug 17, 2020
Kay25:

try go attack him for ota if u r mama head no go roll for it

Leave that stupid idiot that knows nothing.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by MajorOvakporaye(f): 7:11am On Aug 17, 2020
I support Oyedepo!!!

Fvck Buhari!!!

Fvck Osinbaje!!!

Fvck all the fools on this thread!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by goodconsience77: 7:12am On Aug 17, 2020
A church that have over 40000 workforce in their payroll govt still want to sabotage their effort in reducing unemployment in Nigeria. I pray the judgement will come upon this evil people.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by webmaster99(m): 7:13am On Aug 17, 2020
everyone reading this is blessed!
you guys are blessed
inshort, op you are blessed
your generation is blessed
you are like a lilly flower that blossoms in the garden!
you are blessed

do get my all round healing powers of herbs today
to cure all types of sickness and strong diseases instantly with herbs!

i love you jesus!
do visit my thread to see more
https://www.nairaland.com/6055213/all-round-healing-powers-herbs
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by greypencils: 7:14am On Aug 17, 2020
Are we a communist country? What exactly is wrong with these northernes at the helm of affairs? The highest you can do is to tell churches and NGOs to pay taxes and that should be subject to a change in laws. That is the highest they can do. It's not the CAC's business about how a church is run. The way these Northerners are behaving, they are pushing for war.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by stickle(m): 7:15am On Aug 17, 2020
helinues:
Oledepo can only rant on social media...

Is it only Winners that FG sent the letter to...

They will close the accounts and nothing will happen

Nonsense
So you think, the biggest mistake will be to fight the church.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Yxxx: 7:17am On Aug 17, 2020
lekki1444:
cheesy NO MORE MONEY FOR DADDY cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

TIME TO GROUND THE PRIVATE JETS cheesy cheesy

SOMEBODY TELL PAPA TO GO AND BUY NIKES. ITS TIME TO START TREKKING LIKE A REAL NIGGA ON THESE MEAN LAGOS STREETZ

Trekking with sandals is your portion.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Hezmatosky: 7:17am On Aug 17, 2020
adedehinbo:
I am a Muslim but if this proposed plan is true,then it means this govt has a hidden agenda against christains in Nigeria
Did you know what you're saying? Pls don't make it look like Christians are the target here. Ofcus you're a Muslim, and Islam is a body controlled by its own government and they are not involved in this new move by the government. Likewise me as a Catholic. Catholic is also not involved. Did u know some of these pastors do the unthinkable with some corrupt politicians? Helping them to hide money in their church accounts. Infact let me not touch the anointed angry

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by okonyia(m): 7:20am On Aug 17, 2020
This is unfortunate that government agencies has turn themselves to agent of evil. How can CAC sectery send such a letter. Is he the only sectery the agency has produced. Let him test power with God.
Incompetent, lack of focus, wickedness and hidden agenda against churches.
Let's see where he will end.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 7:22am On Aug 17, 2020
helinues:

Nonsense
Will closing church account stop government from making life unbearable for Nigerians?

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Lordsonn: 7:23am On Aug 17, 2020
Ajeyo:
Why is it that every law is against the church?,Where is the tolerance we grow up with in the 70s and 80s?.

Similar case happened in my area,I got a circular that says Churches and not churches and mosques will pay a certain amount of money for security and the fact is that the baba that made the law has a mosque in his compound.

I am a christian and my church has about 4 resident churches,why single out the church for taxation?

I will resist it.

Please resist it and encourage others to resist it. No one should pay that money
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by lekki1444: 7:23am On Aug 17, 2020
Yxxx:

Trekking with sandals is your portion.
I LOVE TREKKING. ITS GOOD FOR THE CARDIOVASCULAR SYSTEM grin grin grin grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Roozzaay(m): 7:24am On Aug 17, 2020
He's always quick to react to anything that will affect his greediness for wealth, never shame to be the only one dancing naked at market square. Every damn money making organizations should start paying tax, Mosques, Churches, Temples and Shrines.

4 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by adedehinbo(m): 7:25am On Aug 17, 2020
yahmohy27:

you're not a Muslim,or you think Muslim is by NAME?
that's the issue with most of us,learn to speak the truth regardless of who it might hurt,these plan will sure cripple the expansion of Christianity,to me we re in a secular country,in everything you do think abt humanity first. Ma salam
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Brushstrokes20: 7:25am On Aug 17, 2020
Pastor osinbande, what sayest thou?....
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by lekki1444: 7:25am On Aug 17, 2020
PlanetZero:

See because you don’t like someone does not mean we should support evil. I’m not a pastor but this move is wrong. There is an agenda. And this is not good for Christians and the southern Muslims and not good for the nation. Boko Haram started and some northern Muslims were happy because they only attack Christians but now they also attack Muslims. We should be careful of the monster we are breeding
THERE IS NO MONSTER HERE. GOD IS MOVING. HAUSAS AND FULANIS ARE THE WEAPONS OF GOD IN NIGERIA
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by georgeakins: 7:28am On Aug 17, 2020
When will Nigerians realise that these characters are not men of God? The real men of God are those in the Bible and the early missionaries that came to Africa. What we have everywhere today are best described as opportunists and lazy men who want to be rich without working.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by emapeteum(m): 7:28am On Aug 17, 2020
helinues:

Nonsense
Be sensible for once, please.What has government activities got to do with Church account.Is there no separation between the state and the church?Oh,simply is a church and not a mosque.This platform,though open to all, but a whole lot of less inform people have flooded this forum.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by blackfish(m): 7:29am On Aug 17, 2020
helinues:

Nonsense
Stop this disgusting attitude fake atheist as i can see the deep hatred you have for christianity
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Rebuke: 7:29am On Aug 17, 2020
lekki1444:
NOBODY MESSES WITH BUHARI. HE WILL SHAVE YOUR HEAD AND FORCE YOU TO EAT THE HAIR grin grin

And who is buhari again, is he God? Smh, let him get beyond his boundary and see how terrible the God we serve can be.

It's such a shame that people like yhu don't know yhur right and think buhari is some tough guy that can do undo. He hasn't just crossed his boundary. Wait and see his end.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by NairaMaster1(m): 7:29am On Aug 17, 2020
helinues:

Nonsense

Wait and see.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by thaoriginator: 7:30am On Aug 17, 2020
Pastors should go back to farming!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by lekki1444: 7:31am On Aug 17, 2020
Rebuke:

And who is buhari again, is he God? Smh, let him get beyond his boundary and see how terrible the God we serve can be.

It's such a shame that people like yhu don't know yhur right and think buhari is some tough guy that can do undo. He hasn't just crossed his boundary. Wait and see his end.

MAYBE IF YOU SPOKE LESS AND READ YOUR BIBLE MORE YOU WILL KNOW BUHARI WORKS FOR GOD

ROMANS 13 VS 1 "Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God."
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by adedehinbo(m): 7:31am On Aug 17, 2020
Hezmatosky:

Did you know what you're saying? Pls don't make it look like Christians are the target here. Ofcus you're a Muslim, and Islam is a body controlled by its own government and they are not involved in this new move by the government. Likewise me as a Catholic. Catholic is also not involved. Did u know some of these pastors do the unthinkable with some corrupt politicians? Helping them to hide money in their church accounts. Infact let me not touch the anointed angry
that may be truth but why would these govt decide to generalize by closing churches accounts,I would go against the govt punishing some churches for money laundering but this is injustice
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by NkemChukwudi: 7:31am On Aug 17, 2020
Dshocker:
All this pastors are just after their money.

The way they all fought against daddy freeze because he spoke about tithing sadden my heart,instead of them to channel that energy in convincing their members to vote rightly during election,so the situation of things can in Nigeria.

Please explain what you mean by voting rightly...
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Taiwojon(m): 7:31am On Aug 17, 2020
diasporaman:
The defender of the gospel in Nigeria, The Media Apostle, posted a video on his Gospel page on Facebook where Bishop David Oyedepo issued a fierce warning to Alhaji Garba Abubakar, the Registrar General of CAC who sent him a circular and to other GOs of megachurches.

The circular reads " The Chief Registrar of CAC has the power to remove trustees of the church, close the account of the church and no court can invalidate it.

Watch video here

https://www.facebook.com/105295774556365/posts/175930937492848/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM6_ol54TgM

the islamized agenda of this nation will fail in Jesus name amen

the sign was already there in 2015 but Nigerian was all trooping for Their Messiah
Mr buhari to be sworn in because they hated mr Jonathan
and
our Yoruba Muslim cheaply voted for mr buhari because he is a Muslim and they want Christian out

well Muslim agenda will not prevail in this land

thou art Peter and upon this rock I will build my church and the gate of hell shall not prevail.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by NairaMaster1(m): 7:32am On Aug 17, 2020
Richdad50:
:I

Any Christain who moves oyedepo for this proclamation is nothing but a fool.

You will sit on Nairaland until you places of worship is taken from you.

You have said it all

They are fool among fools

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

When A Lady Dresses Like This To Church / Ese Walter On Biodun Fatoyinbo Vs Busola Dakolo: I Have Never Felt More Proud / University Of Uyo Student Dies As Reigners Bible Church Collapses (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.