Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,103 members, 7,818,299 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches (59819 Views)

Prophet Joshua Iginla Exposes Plans By Pastors To Frame Him Up For Murder / Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches / Bishop Chukwuma: I Didn’t Dare Government Over Closure Of Churches In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Flakky26(f): 8:40am On Aug 17, 2020
Dshocker:
All this pastors are just after their money.

The way they all fought against daddy freeze because he spoke about tithing sadden my heart,instead of them to channel that energy in convincing their members to vote rightly during election,so the situation of things can in Nigeria.

Where is daddy freeze today ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by cocolacec(m): 8:43am On Aug 17, 2020
Yankee101:
But why is CAC Alhaji going after churches when muslim clerics can say anything including asking for death by stoning and no one says anything?

If they try that they're accelerating the breakup of Nigeria. And the north won't win another Civil War because not only igbos will fight.. Alot of Nigerian Christians are being held in check by these same pastors. Imagine if daddy GO, Oyedepo, Oyakhilome, and others ask their members to resist the government by any means necessary

If the members fight to continue in their slavery because the Govt want to free them from their shackles.Members are free to waste their lives since the optimum population should be 60million according to World Index.Mosques accounts should be closed too.

while members are fighting to continue to be under religious bondage .Your religious leaders will escape in their private jets to live in their massions in UK ,USA and South Africa chilling with their families since most of them already purchased passports of other countries.

Religious cultism is becoming a menace to the society.

Nigerians in Europe are on the look against religious abuse in Nigerian churches and mosques and will leave no stone unturned in bringing sanity to the system again.

Nigerians are not religious at all.We are a nation of religious cultism which focuses on extortion,money,aggrandisement,hero worship,trickery,falsehood,subjugation,abuse of women and children etc.

All your religious leaders both Muslims and Christians are false preachers .They all know their time is running out because the awakening just started.They belong to the occult (Goy -free masonry).

They have served their mission and about to be replaced in the nearest future by their shadow master.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by FatherOfJesus: 8:44am On Aug 17, 2020
The money is not even suppose to be his, it's God's money, my money. So why is he fuming?
naptu2:
But anyway, this is just scare mongering. I am absolutely sure that he knows the real reason that letter was sent, but the best way to galvanise your supporters is by scare mongering and creating a siege mentality.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Dshocker(m): 8:45am On Aug 17, 2020
Flakky26:

Where is daddy freeze today ?

In his house
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by FatherOfJesus: 8:46am On Aug 17, 2020
Why are you complaining for God? grin

Is the money not God's money again? Leave the battle for God to fight cheesy

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by aviara: 8:46am On Aug 17, 2020
lekki1444:
cheesy NO MORE MONEY FOR DADDY cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

TIME TO GROUND THE PRIVATE JETS cheesy cheesy

SOMEBODY TELL PAPA TO GO AND BUY NIKES. ITS TIME TO START TREKKING LIKE A REAL NIGGA ON THESE MEAN LAGOS STREETZ

I pity your destiny and that of your generation. You are playing with naked fire

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 17, 2020
GoodofNaija:

Did they put a gun on your head to release d money shocked

Brother, I am a Christian, what the guy you replied said was right. So many things are wrong with the Christianity we practiced in Nigeria which has now been exported to other African countries.

No offering or money can provoke God .

Because of poverty, many men of God are motivational speakers. Words are stronger than gun. Students have gone on riots after been addressed by their leader because of the words he released into their hearts. It is the words that radicalised a man to become a terrorist.

When 80% or 90% of documented testimonies are based on blessings after a provoking offerings or Church projects seed sowing carefully termed kingdom investment, then that is the wisdom of man to compel men or drive them to give provoking offerings to get the same result which is not possible. This is more than gun.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Honour2: 8:50am On Aug 17, 2020
What sins against the law are you talking about.Listen,all your threats against the body of Christ would come to nought.All the gang up of Islam against the church of Christ would never see the light of day,and all attempt to wipe out believers in Nigeria would turn on their head,they would be caught in their own trap.
drlateef:

Do you know why the government threatened that way? Have you read the sins of Winners Chapel against the law? Have you not been instructed in Quran that you should verify things before making a judgement?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by maasoap(m): 8:51am On Aug 17, 2020
adedehinbo:
I am a Muslim but if this proposed plan is true,then it means this govt has a hidden agenda against christains in Nigeria

You are just a liar. Any government policy that affects the churches is equally likely to affect the mosques.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by piippa(m): 9:01am On Aug 17, 2020
helinues:
Oledepo can only rant on social media...

Is it only Winners that FG sent the letter to...

They will close the accounts and nothing will happen

Nonsense

Modified : Me singing oh la la

Religion bigots go hear am..... grin grin

He said the Truth, they can't. That's impossible for Nigerian Government to do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Samunique(m): 9:02am On Aug 17, 2020
lekki1444:
THIS IS THE JUDGEMENT OF GOD ON YOUR FREEMASONIC LUCIFERIAN PASTORS. THERE TIME HAS COME TO EAT THE WRATH

ROMANS 1 VS 13 "Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God."

So if the authority gives an order that all churches should be closed and turned their buildings to Ogun shrine, they have to obey too?

Hypocrite, since you know the Bible, answer the question?
Bcs I can see your excitement over this news.

Acts 4:19
But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by piippa(m): 9:04am On Aug 17, 2020
adedehinbo:
I am a Muslim but if this proposed plan is true,then it means this govt has a hidden agenda against christains in Nigeria

Even if they conceive such Plans it can't work. Because it's impossible. If Nigerian Government couldn't detain Sowore any longer because of the interference of one Senator in US, is it when this Men of God with large followership and international connection they can streamline? I don't think so.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by byinks(f): 9:06am On Aug 17, 2020
Coldie:
I dont understand where all this is going. Organizations internal affairs are not supposed to be the business of the govt except they are flaunting any order.

If it was during the time of gej by now him and adeboye for don protest. But imagine how d former tough protesters have become wailers overnight

The lawless one is here....watch and pray
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by wellmax(m): 9:11am On Aug 17, 2020
Truth is the entire news about taking over churches is FAKE news. I don't know who feeds the Bishop with his news. It always fake
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 17, 2020
He should read the new CAMA act of 2020.

Churches will be treated as companies, liable to pay tax, and have directorship position of not more than 5years.

One cannot be a director in more than 5 companies, mega churches shud prepare cos the implication of this is that GOs can only have 5 branches.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Aarenaija: 9:14am On Aug 17, 2020
This government seems not to know what they want it appears. With all the numerous problems facing this country, it is the account and the trustees of the church that is their problem.
When you have people who don't have anything to offer in government, they just come up with any useless policy just to make people talk and get attention........
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Honour2: 9:16am On Aug 17, 2020
Oh pls enough with all the lies and unconfirmed theories,how many religious leaders have you personally come in contact with for you to make such idiotic generalizations,stop acting based on hearsays pls.Be double sure before you make ridiculous accusations.The govt is not done solving matters of national urgency,you are claiming it wants to free citizens of slavery,pls just stop.you claim preachers are in occult,how many of them do you know personally to come to such evil conclusions.There are pastors who are serving God and genuinely so,God knows them and knows His own people and that is all that matters
cocolacec:

If the members fight to continue in their slavery because the Govt want to free them from their shackles.Members are free to waste their lives since the optimum population should be 60million according to World Index.Mosques accounts should be closed too.

while members are fighting to continue to be under religious bondage .Your religious leaders will escape in their private jets to live in their massions in UK ,USA and South Africa chilling with their families since most of them already purchased passports of other countries.

Religious cultism is becoming a menace to the society.

Nigerians in Europe are on the look against religious abuse in Nigerian churches and mosques and will leave no stone unturned in bringing sanity to the system again.

Nigerians are not religious at all.We are a nation of religious cultism which focuses on extortion,money,aggrandisement,hero worship,trickery,falsehood,subjugation etc.

All your religious leaders both Muslims and Christians are false preachers .They all know their time is running out because the awakening just started.They belong to the occult (Goy -free masonry).

They have served their mission and about to be replaced in the nearest future by their shadow master.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by adedehinbo(m): 9:20am On Aug 17, 2020
maasoap:

You are just a liar. Anything government policy that affects the churches is equally likely to affect the mosques.
should my faith be a reason to support injustice?anyway brother salam alaykum
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by cocolacec(m): 9:20am On Aug 17, 2020
quentin06:
He should read the new CAMA act of 2020.

Churches will be treated as companies, liable to pay tax, and have directorship position of not more than 5years.

One cannot be a director in more than 5 companies, mega churches shud prepare cos the implication of this is that GOs can only have 5 branches.

No wonder the bishop is ranting,he is about to lose control of his investment (Gods money) to the hands of his surbordinate.

These people make a killing from people only bank managers and workers know how wealthy these instituttions are .They are fleecing the population despite the increasing poverty.what is tax rate and can you send a link to the CAMA Act).
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Miracle1991: 9:22am On Aug 17, 2020
I am 100% in support of the federal government. Churches and mosque must begin to pay taxes. The GO's are making cool money but they don't want to pay taxes but they are expecting the government secure their churches and mosques. How will the government be able to pay the security men that are protecting those churches and mosques if the church or mosque is not paying tax.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by cocolacec(m): 9:24am On Aug 17, 2020
Honour2:
Oh pls enough with all the lies and unconfirmed theories,how many religious leaders have you personally come in contact with for you to make such idiotic generalizations,stop acting based on hearsays pls.Be double sure before you make ridiculous accusations.The govt is not done solving matters of national urgency,you are claiming it wants to free citizens of slavery,pls just stop.you claim preachers are in occult,how many of them do you know personally to come to such evil conclusions.There are pastors who are serving God and genuinely so,God knows them and knows His own people and that is all that matters

I dont write based on hearsay,it is fact you have to deal with.In the future you will remember i told you.Truth is stranger than fiction.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Kingzeez10: 9:26am On Aug 17, 2020
adedehinbo:
I can bet my life that you're not a muslim.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by CocoaOla: 9:26am On Aug 17, 2020
cocolacec:

This is a welcome development .The customs should be watchful of smuggling of cash in the car tyres to benin republic,Cameroon.

Nigerians are not practising religion,they are under religious cultism run by cultist both Islam and Christianity which is creating poverty in the land.The govt should close mosques accounts too.

The people who brought Islam and Christianity to us live in paradise while the africans who received these religions live in Hellfire on earth.

The religious cult institutions in Nigeria has outlived its usefulness,all that is left is noise,extortion,immorality,abuse of depressed women,hpnotism,terrorism,zombies,human and drug trafficking and slavery.

The Govt must set up Nigerian charity commission to oversee ,charities use any money for the benefit of the less priviledge in the society and not to buy exotic cars or book hotel rooms for one year.

Most of the people complaining here are the problem s of this country. religion is used as a evil tool to control people no values no Morals again just a hidden heaven to escape laws
How many free public schools have all religion built? How many free beneficial public infrastructures have they built? Religion is scam let focus on building a country of Morals and values
The white Made us believe the Devil is a black looking beast with horn � Nd the Angel � is a white looking pretty whatever with wings, meanwhile as d bible says Lucifer is the finest of them all. The first tools used by the white to belittle d black man is religion.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Bluntemperor: 9:27am On Aug 17, 2020
bsalawu:
I wonder what their agenda is? Una never run government well, na Church remain abi?

What concerns the govt with running of a religious body? What has Registrar's of CAC to do with running of the Church.Why should you dabbled into Church affairs? So Bishop Oyedepo suspicions since is right then that the govt is using Covid-19 delayed as a pre-test to do more damage to Nigerians,especially the Church!
Is our rights not espoused in the Nigerian Constitution? Are these new laws now above the Nigerian Constitution?
Like Fela song 'Peace they jeje-yanga go wake-am! Tufiaka!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Jones4190(m): 9:29am On Aug 17, 2020
assuming Jesus is still on Earth, he would have use the so called church money to feed the poor during covid 19 outbreak. two times he feed thousand with his money.

assuming Jesus is still on earth, he would have visit people infected with covid 19 to pray for them. he does on several occasions when he was on this planet.
oyedepo is not a man of God, he is saving the God of money, remove money and see how oyedepo will denounce his Faith and believe.
he chooses darkness over light when he chooses to unit two know criminals obasanjo and atiku rather than supporting buhari because PMB refuse to Grant him airport packing wave.

I will never worship god of oyedepo

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by maasoap(m): 9:31am On Aug 17, 2020
adedehinbo:
should my faith be a reason to support injustice?

Why would you say "government is just against Christianity"? Why would you believe that? You're not a Muslim but just trying to whip up sentiments and attract "likes". The VP is not just a Christian but a pastor and professor of law.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by maasoap(m): 9:34am On Aug 17, 2020
Kingzeez10:

I can bet my life that you're not a muslim.

Don't mind him, we know his kind. They're the kind that God regret creating them
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by GoodofNaija: 9:36am On Aug 17, 2020
babaolofin:

Brother, I am a Christian, what the guy you replied said was right. So many things are wrong with the Christianity we practiced in Nigeria which has now been exported to other African countries.

Because of poverty, many men of God are motivational speakers. Words are stronger than gun. Students have gone on riots after been addressed by their leader because of the words he released into their hearts. It is the words that radicalised a man to become a terrorist.

When 80% or 90% of documented testimonies are based on blessings after a provoking offerings or Church projects seed sowing carefully termed kingdom investment, then that is the wisdom of man to compel men or drive them to give provoking offerings to get the same result which is not possible. This is more than gun.

Paul Yonggi Cho was the mentor & role model of many senior General Overseers in Nigeria and Africa. He was a god to South Koreans until he went to Prison over financial issues. When he was jailed I became sad as I I have many of his books and know very Senior General Overseers in Nigeria and different part of the world visited him to learn from him , but the Church got to a level of awakening and South Korea government have to act.

Why don't you go into motivational speaking too to see if it brings money as you have said.

Christianity is a religion of freedom, it gives liberty to worshippers such that no one forces you to give offering and tithes. You give it based on your conviction.

As you have said that you are a Christian, I am sure you cannot be a faithful tither so why are you bothered about others who are giving based on their conviction.

Why will you a Christian be swayed by a govt and it's agents who are trying desperately to victimize churches and islamize the nation. A grossly incompetent govt that is giving support to terrorists , bandits and other agents of destruction.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Uniquewise: 9:38am On Aug 17, 2020
RichBoy247:
j

The Churches, the Mosques and the Shrines are under the control of government. Read your Bible well and stop constituting nuisance on the internet.

You're just running all over the thread like it is the tonic to improve your already miserable life.

Listen! and this is to you and all your jihadist and other anti-Christ agents on this site, even the so called nominal Christians that talk carelessly....
The Church of God in Nigeria shall continue to match on, and the gates of hell (including that of you Islamists, Satanists, Atheists, etc, shall never prevail against it.
Amen!!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by cocolacec(m): 9:39am On Aug 17, 2020
Jones4190:
assuming Jesus is still on Earth, he would have use the so called church money to feed the poor during covid 19 outbreak. two times he feed thousand with his money.

assuming Jesus is still on earth, he would have visit people infected with covid 19 to pray for them. he does on several occasions when he was on this planet.
oyedepo is not a man of God, he is saving the God of money, remove money and see how oyedepo will denounce his Faith and believe.
he chooses darkness over light when he chooses to unit two know criminals obasanjo and atiku rather than supporting buhari because PMB refuse to Grant him airport packing wave.

I will never worship god of oyedepo

If Jesus was in Nigeria,he will feed the poor everyday,take care of the sick,aged,widow,Orphans,divorcee,homeless,teach people fear of God not prosperity.

The Nigerian Pastors and Alfas are called by demons or their bellies.Anyone who says God called him ,ask how does God look like?
What does he sound like?
Is God a man or a Woman? Does he have wings or tail? Etc

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Uniquewise: 9:42am On Aug 17, 2020
Whether you people like it or not, the Church of God in Nigeria shall never be defeated. All your plans are in vain...your ammunitions are turned against you.
Before your very eyes, you will all see the manifestations of the glory of God on His Bride - the Church. And many shall gnash their teeth in regret for being used as tools against the Church.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Uniquewise: 9:43am On Aug 17, 2020
babaolofin:

Paul Yonggi Cho was the mentor & role model of many senior General Overseers in Nigeria and Africa. He was a god to South Koreans until he went to Prison over financial issues. When he was jailed I became sad as I I have many of his books and know very Senior General Overseers in Nigeria and different part of the world visited him to learn from him , but the Church got to a level of awakening and South Korea government have to act.

By their words they are known...Christian my foot. Better retrace your steps to Christ. Cho-Cho-Cho, making unguarded statements up and down.

This site is just full of misguided elements undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

When A Lady Dresses Like This To Church / Ese Walter On Biodun Fatoyinbo Vs Busola Dakolo: I Have Never Felt More Proud / University Of Uyo Student Dies As Reigners Bible Church Collapses (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.