Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,327 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches (59821 Views)

Prophet Joshua Iginla Exposes Plans By Pastors To Frame Him Up For Murder / Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches / Bishop Chukwuma: I Didn’t Dare Government Over Closure Of Churches In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Roozzaay(m): 8:00am On Aug 17, 2020
adedehinbo:
is nscia an independent body?

Yes it is, just like CAN they are nongovernmental organizations. CAC cannot close Churches Accounts with legal backing
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Evidenx(m): 8:00am On Aug 17, 2020
hahaha. wow i love the last part of the video where he gave the warning in tongues... that just made my day.. hahaha

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by babaztee: 8:01am On Aug 17, 2020
The government never deals with the insecurity in the land, youth unemployment, chinese debts and all other debts now is the churches that is their problem. This is a government that lacks focus and has hidden agenda that is obvious to all.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by drlateef: 8:02am On Aug 17, 2020
adedehinbo:
I am a Muslim but if this proposed plan is true,then it means this govt has a hidden agenda against christains in Nigeria

Do you know why the government threatened that way? Have you read the sins of Winners Chapel against the law? Have you not been instructed in Quran that you should verify things before making a judgement?

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by aspiring44: 8:03am On Aug 17, 2020
Offpoint:
I don't know what transpired before the circular or threat was sent, so I won't make comment blindly because it involves my religion.

I'm more concerned about the part where no court can reverse it.. How low has the country sunk?

I think CAMA document should explain better why no court can invalidate a clause !

You remember what happened as regards FRC - financial reporting Council on how leadership of the church should be run . Let's see how these pans out.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Victorcwu(m): 8:05am On Aug 17, 2020
In as much as I have been very disappointed with the way churches were neutral at the plight of the Nigerian masses that have been showing into it.

This is wrong. It is a way of telling them. If you criticise us, we will block your account and deregister you.

Let this be a lesson to all. When you keep silent as your neighbor is being subdued, know yours will soon come and nobody will speak up

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by cocolacec(m): 8:06am On Aug 17, 2020
lekki1444:
cheesy NO MORE MONEY FOR DADDY cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

TIME TO GROUND THE PRIVATE JETS cheesy cheesy

SOMEBODY TELL PAPA TO GO AND BUY NIKES. ITS TIME TO START TREKKING LIKE A REAL NIGGA ON THESE MEAN LAGOS STREETZ

He should relocate to farm work in Oro or retire as a pensioner in UK.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by cocolacec(m): 8:06am On Aug 17, 2020
bsalawu:
I wonder what their agenda is? Una never run government well, na Church remain abi?

This is a welcome development .The customs should be watchful of smuggling of cash in the car tyres to benin republic,Cameroon.

Nigerians are not practising religion,they are under religious cultism run by cultist both Islam and Christianity which is creating poverty in the land.The govt should close mosques accounts too.

The people who brought Islam and Christianity to us live in paradise while the africans who received these religions live in Hellfire on earth.

The religious cult institutions in Nigeria has outlived its usefulness,all that is left is noise,extortion,immorality,abuse of depressed women,hpnotism,terrorism,zombies,human and drug trafficking and slavery.

The Govt must set up Nigerian charity commission to oversee ,charities use any money for the benefit of the less priviledge in the society and not to buy exotic cars or book hotel rooms for one year.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by 3Ceagle(m): 8:07am On Aug 17, 2020
We are gradually becoming a highly policed state, the saddest thing about this, is that the government is not doing enough to flush out criminal but can flex muscle with law abiding citizens.
Has the government explained to the churches in the form of stakeholder interaction what they intend to achieve with this regulations. We agree that some regulations should be in place to weed out scammers parading as MOG and to properly seperate the church from other businesses. Any reasonable government will do well not to mess around with religion without a sincere heart or intention.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by desiredhome: 8:07am On Aug 17, 2020
Dshocker:
All this pastors are just after their money.

The way they all fought against daddy freeze because he spoke about tithing sadden my heart,instead of them to channel that energy in convincing their members to vote rightly during election,so the situation of things can in Nigeria.

What other options do their members have?, the situation of things will never be better because the mindset of an average Nigerian is the same...
Ia it Atiku that would have been better?

The truth is always bitter so anyone saying the truth must be hated and that is why they hated Daddy Freeze....good thing is people are now seeing the truth in what he was saying......
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by ddeola: 8:07am On Aug 17, 2020
When "demons" are in authority (Aso rock) there is nothing they will not do against the church but am rest assured they will know that Nigeria belongs to Jesus. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by lastchild: 8:08am On Aug 17, 2020
helinues:
Oledepo can only rant on social media...

Is it only Winners that FG sent the letter to...

They will close the accounts and nothing will happen

Nonsense

Modified : Me singing oh la la

Religion bigots go hear am..... grin grin
and because others closed their mouths, he should download the same?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by aswani(m): 8:08am On Aug 17, 2020
The only reason I support something similar is because of the circumstances that lead to Asimolowo having to leave UK to relocate to Nigeria.
Churches over there are registered with the UK Charities Commission so they don't have to pay tax amongst other things.
As a result the UK Government insists on a clear separation between Church and Leader/Owner whatever, something that is needed in Naija.
When KICC's accounts were audited, it was found out that the church were buying properties and registering them in Asimolowo's name.
Obviously no one at the church would have been able to complain as Asimolowo had overall power and it was a good thing that the UK Charities Commission could do something about it.
I think he was sanctioned and the Charities Commission appointed someone to run the church accounts for a while.
It is those kind of excesses that I am in favour of the government intervening in.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by desiredhome: 8:09am On Aug 17, 2020
Sysdatek:
When did church accounts become govt business

The church should just move their idle funds into cryptoc urrency

Or wire it abroad

The church is under government and the government have every right to regulate it....
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Yankee101: 8:16am On Aug 17, 2020
But why is CAC Alhaji going after churches when muslim clerics can say anything including asking for death by stoning and no one says anything?

If they try that they're accelerating the breakup of Nigeria. And the north won't win another Civil War because not only igbos will fight.. Alot of Nigerian Christians are being held in check by these same pastors. Imagine if daddy GO, Oyedepo, Oyakhilome, and others ask their members to resist the government by any means necessary

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Offpoint: 8:16am On Aug 17, 2020
aspiring44:

I think CAMA document should explain better why no court can invalidate a clause !

You remember what happened as regards FRC - financial reporting Council on how leadership of the church should be run . Let's see how these pans out.
You have a valid point there.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Jaqenhghar: 8:18am On Aug 17, 2020
They have touched him where it hurts. Time for another round of empty threats and chest beating.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Jaqenhghar: 8:19am On Aug 17, 2020
Victorcwu:
In as much as I have been very disappointed with the way churches were neutral at the plight of the Nigerian masses that have been showing into it.

This is wrong. It is a way of telling them. If you criticise us, we will block your account and deregister you.

Let this be a lesson to all. When you keep silent as your neighbor is being subdued, know yours will soon come and nobody will speak up
Well said
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Flexvilla: 8:20am On Aug 17, 2020
We are waiting for that day when they will implement it and let us see if nothing will happen!

helinues:
Oledepo can only rant on social media...

Is it only Winners that FG sent the letter to...

They will close the accounts and nothing will happen

Nonsense

Modified : Me singing oh la la

Religion bigots go hear am..... grin grin
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Ebhohimhen2: 8:21am On Aug 17, 2020
Watch how someone defended Christ against Muslim and also please subscribe to the channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmhl7HawP8w
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Nobody: 8:22am On Aug 17, 2020
Acidosis:

It's only a matter of time. By the time they're done testing their powers on the heavy weights like Oyedepo, Adeboye, Etc. Featherlight ones like you and I will be a walkover.
Feather still get lil weight compared to mosquito that you are

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by id2019(m): 8:23am On Aug 17, 2020
RichBoy247:

Ogun State government once shut Canaan Land gates and heaven did not fall, instead the Bishop begged.
When, lie kee u there
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Nyanabo(m): 8:23am On Aug 17, 2020
Even the plan to freeze the account does not suprise me. What does is where the fool said no court can invalidate it. Is that how irrelevant the law court have become ?

So the law court has no power to checkmate the excesses of each arms of the government no more ?

I am beginning to see why IPOB members call our country a zoo.

Lawlessness everywhere from the president himself down to the councilors. No wonder little african countries are now flexing their muscles in our before.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Nobody: 8:25am On Aug 17, 2020
Daddysidhan:
idiotic statement, so you mean an average corporate organisation that has been doing this for the politicians since time immemorial are what? How many of those organisation account has been taken over by the government" you people are scared of the church because of buhari Islamisation agenda
Hand yourself with your balls... That's my view
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by cocolacec(m): 8:25am On Aug 17, 2020
babaztee:
The government never deals with the insecurity in the land, youth unemployment, chinese debts and all other debts now is the churches that is their problem. This is a government that lacks focus and has hidden agenda that is obvious to all.

Religious cultism is the number problem in Nigeria not politicians.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Nyanabo(m): 8:29am On Aug 17, 2020
drlateef:

Do you know why the government threatened that way? Have you read the sins of Winners Chapel against the law? Have you not been instructed in Quran that you should verify things before making a judgement?

Shut there ! what sins are you talking about ?

You talk about verifying things. have you verified about the 'said sins' you heard winners commited ? your statema reeks of hypocrisy.

Are you that gullible that you believe whatever you are being told without finding our independently ? but you come here chanting verification.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by cocolacec(m): 8:29am On Aug 17, 2020
Flexvilla:
We are waiting for that day when they will implement it and let us see if nothing will happen!

Nothing will happen i can guarantee that.Even European churches and mosques bow to the Govt’s will not against.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by izraeleezee(m): 8:30am On Aug 17, 2020
J111333:
Imagine the audacity.
Well anybody can disrespect Christianity now after all, the pastor in Aso Villa is just a statue. undecided
Aswr! Big Statue!

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by stagger: 8:30am On Aug 17, 2020
Any Fulani fool given a parastatal to head can make a statement no President dares to make? They are not tired of looting public funds, now their eyes are on church funds.

That CAC man should be warned. A proverb says, a naked man does not put his hand in his pocket. He should be warned.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by benardtotti(m): 8:32am On Aug 17, 2020
Copied:

If you guys know the amount of things hidden in that 604 pages of the new Companies Act,you'll start weeping.The Corporate Affairs Commisson has just been made a monster. You see that NIPOST regulation fixing N20m as licensing fee?That is small stuff compared to what CAC will do.

The sector that will be worst hit are the churches, mosques, charity organisations, schools, NGOs etc. The CAC can now arbitrarily remove & replace the "owners" or leaders of these organisations. Also, CAC can convert/take over the monies in their bank accounts.

Every sector will be hit. In the old Act, small fees were clearly prescribed for certain things.E.g, the Act may say if you fail to do XYZ, you'll pay N50 for each day of default.The new Act has removed all those meagre fees & gives CAC power to make regulations prescribing fees.

Online vendors who operate under a business name other than their government names, are now risking conviction in court if they don't register their business names with CAC.

The most damning revelation from my review so far is that, a private organisation has been written into the new Companies Act & has been emboldened through the back door to:
1. generate revenue; and
2. regulate an aspect of law practice, accountancy etc.

The private org is Business Recovery and Insolvency Practitioners of Nigeria (BRIPAN). S. 705(C) of the new CAMA requires that to qualify as insolvency practitioner,you must be a lawyer/accountant AND a member of BRIPAN. On BRIPAN website, membership fee ranges from N90k - N250k.

BRIPAN is not a chartered institute (like ICAN, ICSAN, CIPM) or a statutory body. It is a private association formed by private citizens. Remember how Lagosians fought against Alpha Beta being written into the Lagos Land Use Charge Law (albeit unsuccessfuly)?

In similar fashion, some people have successfully slipped in BRIPAN (a private organisation) into an Act of the National Assembly and the President has signed it into law. How did our law makers not see this while deliberations on the bill were ongoing?

Another curious provision in the new CAMA is S. 851 which empowers CAC to now act as a 'court' or tribunal of some sort. So if CAC imposes fees on your small business, before you can go to court to challenge those fees, you must first appear before CAC panel & make your case.

The panel is made up of guess who? Registrar General of CAC, 5 officers of CAC & someone from the Ministry of Trade & Investment, which is the Ministry overseeing the CAC. In effect, the CAC is now a Prosecutor & Judge in its own case. Goodluck if you have a case against CAC.

One of the narratives touted by the govt regarding this new law is that, it'll aid ease of doing business. While I agree that on face value,some sections of the law will aid this,I am simply drawing our attention to other sections which will become a clog & make things difficult.

Another narrative is that, with this new law, you wont need a lawyer to either incorporate a business or carry out many post incorporation activities as you can do them yourself. Truth is,many lawyers will grapple with this new law.If this is so,what are your chances as a layman?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by Etuglucy: 8:37am On Aug 17, 2020
For me all this talk are falling on deaf ears. So many people are tired and wants to come out to protest but are scared to do so. Many will never protest under sowore revolution now platform cos he is also part of the cause of this problem. But I bet u if religious leaders lead the way I swear no one will be scared. Let oyedepo, abioye, adeboye,oyakilome, pastor kuka, tb Joshua and others come out. Enough of all this preaching in churches Let them be on the fore front in eagle square and see if people don't rally round them. For me that's the only solution to our problem. Its not about raining causes on them on social media.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Fumes Over Plans By Government To Close Accounts Of Churches by wisko: 8:39am On Aug 17, 2020
Some think they have absolute power because they are in authority today but they should also recognize that God holds the absolute authority and power over man and His creature. We saw that practical in late Abacha's life. Let this government trend softly or else they will be swept to hell. No man has ever been able to withstand the wrath and anger of the Almighty God. Every hidden agenda against the church is a hidden agenda against God which will never see the light of the day and which will never leave the the perpetrators without divine punishment.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

When A Lady Dresses Like This To Church / Ese Walter On Biodun Fatoyinbo Vs Busola Dakolo: I Have Never Felt More Proud / University Of Uyo Student Dies As Reigners Bible Church Collapses (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.