Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,573 members, 7,812,864 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex - Properties (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (408132 Views)

Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Six Bedroom Duplex With Guest House And Bq In Ikoyi For Sale! Pix Attached! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 5:41pm On Apr 19, 2011
Work is still in progress, the carpenter promised to complete this whole woodwork by saturday. He needed money so I had to pay him off I gave him N55k outright. This will bring the total money spent so far on this project to N1,156,900.00
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by tdk: 6:21pm On Apr 19, 2011
Hello All,
Thanks for all your contributions, making us see building a house as a Doable affairs and not a no Dear affairs. I've been seriously encouraged by this post.
@poster or any other priviledged person, please send me a 3 bedroom plan if u have it abeg.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by tdk: 6:22pm On Apr 19, 2011
please send it to delegend4@yahoo.com. thanks a lot
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 6:53pm On Apr 19, 2011
tdk:

Hello All,
Thanks for all your contributions, making us see building a house as a Doable affairs and not a no Dear affairs. I've been seriously encouraged by this post.
@poster or any other priviledged person, please send me a 3 bedroom plan if u have it abeg.

Do you mean a 3 bedroom duplex or bungalow? It will help any of us who wants to help.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by tdk: 7:19pm On Apr 19, 2011
bungalow
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Dikyson: 9:57pm On Apr 19, 2011
@spider.Well done for your wonderful information about building. I have really learnt from you.
How many length of 12mm rods did you used for your 27 columns ?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by nameoh: 12:40am On Apr 20, 2011
@prince onx,

please what is the surface area of your building in meters (lenght and breathe)
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by princeonx: 1:04am On Apr 20, 2011
@nameoh: I honestly don't know! I haven't even ask but I know the plot is about 60W by 95L.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by san26dy(f): 5:48am On Apr 20, 2011
Thanks guys. I am really learning a lot here. I will definitely gear my hubby towards this topic. Very informative.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by coss75: 7:39am On Apr 20, 2011
@spyder880, I am about to start up six bedroom duplex in imo state and the idea is to use NON-HOLLOW BLOCK at the down floor and hollow block at the upper floor. whats ya advice.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 8:17am On Apr 20, 2011
coss75:

@spyder880, I am about to start up six bedroom duplex in imo state and the idea is to use NON-HOLLOW BLOCK at the down floor and hollow block at the upper floor. whats ya advice.

Nice idea, in fact, thats what I now plan to do, I will use hollow blocks upstairs. Please paste pictures when you start, lets also lern from your experience.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 8:22am On Apr 20, 2011
Dikyson:

@spider.Well done for your wonderful information about building. I have really learnt from you.
How many length of 12mm rods did you used for your 27 columns ?

About 40, I remember buying 25 at the beginning of this project, and bought another 15 or so, I still have one left unused.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by coss75: 8:49am On Apr 20, 2011
@spyder880 , i was told by my builder that building a house with pen-house is outdated, meaning no-one is building house with pen house anymore, i have not been to nigeria for 11yrs now. should i change the plan to exclude penhouse or go with my choice.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 9:44am On Apr 20, 2011
coss75:

@spyder880 , i was told by my builder that building a house with pen-house is outdated, meaning no-one is building house with pen house anymore, i have not been to nigeria for 11yrs now. should i change the plan to exclude penhouse or go with my choice.

If its penth house you mean, then its never outdated, please build what you have in mind. People still build penthouses atop their buildings, most house owners use the spare space to retreat into themselves when they dont need any disturbance. It could also come in handy in secret meetings which will not need to be eavesdropped by any other members of the house.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Davedavy: 10:25am On Apr 20, 2011
coss75:

it's not outdated,lots of pple are still building it.someone on this thread is building one.tell your architect to give you a modern design,probably the design you have is a little bit outdated hence the reason your builder is saying that.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by hpt: 11:11am On Apr 20, 2011
Investments could take different forms; but the most appreciable investment is the REAL ESTATE or what is generally refer to as PROPERTIES. Buildings like any other products need to be maintained periodic to sustain its service life otherwise the rate of deterioration would be fast; resulting in Low Return on Investment.

Building or Concrete Structures are all susceptible to both internal and External Stress when exposed to External Factors e.g Corrosive Ground Water table, Atmospheric Moisture, Wind and heat. These result to corrosion of reinforcement bars, efflorescence, rising dampness, leakage, Cracks, Paint Blisters, Water Patches on Painted areas etc, which deteriorates the service life of the structure.It is also Worth Mentioning that Because the Building Structure is a Heterogeneous Product, it shows signs of DISTRESS over time if adequate attentions are not paid on specific details during the construction process.

To solve this WATER RELATED PROBLEM we ARE introducing an internationally certified WATERPROOFING PRODUCT for all waterproofing works.

These can be used for the following:
Swimming Pools

Basement (Negative side or the Positive side)

Septic Tank,

Underground Water tank,

Concrete Roofing Slab - no need for Felts again, Felts gets punctured and cracks when exposed to heat. Hence not reliable.

Building Walls Exposed to Moisture(Rising Dampness or Penetration dampness)

Protection of Foundation from underground water containing salt.

Fountains,

Floor Slabs that need to be waterproofed. etc

For more information contact us at housepointbm@yahoo.co.uk

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 11:13am On Apr 20, 2011
Davedavy:

it's not outdated,lots of pple are still building it.someone on this thread is building one.tell your architect to give you a modern design,probably  the design you have is a little bit outdated hence the reason your builder is saying that.

Very correct, if not for time, I would have uploaded about 4 pics of ongoing buildings with penthouses on top.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by oladele007: 11:24am On Apr 20, 2011
we thanks u spyder for all the information that u are giving us, may God Almighty bless u and ur generation.
i learned a lots from u and others since u started this thread.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Dikyson: 1:23pm On Apr 20, 2011
Thank you @spyder880 .I am really impress with you reply and building technology skills. May God bring you more owo to finish the project
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by deemax: 1:32pm On Apr 20, 2011
Dear All,Pls can anyone send a complete 5 or 6 bedroom duplex plan to me.God bless you all

aligacp@yahoo.com
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 2:02pm On Apr 20, 2011
@ oladele007, Dikyson, thanks for the kind words.
@ all, I will update us on current expenses since I bought the rods today. The update will come later in the day. I will upload more pictures by tomorrow morning.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by cinzo: 2:37pm On Apr 20, 2011
Where is amalone? No update from him about the progress on his house.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 3:47pm On Apr 20, 2011
cinzo:

Where is amalone? No update from him about the progress on his house.

Was about asking the same question, Am Alone, holla na! Abi you don travel go Paris go arrange door fittings, later you go cross over enter Spain go arrange one container of special royal tiles. Bros softly spend that cash o.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by tony13: 4:04pm On Apr 20, 2011
@ CINZO

I NEED CEMENT ,I BOUGHT AT IBADAN LAST WEEK FOR 2,500 NAIRA IS KILLING
CAN I GET IT CHEAPER.
ALSO YOU TALK ABOUT A WAY TO FOLLOW THE GROUND AROUND THE BUILDING WITH GRANITE AND CEMENT I CAN NOT REMMEMBER WELL NOW
PLS EXPALIN
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 4:15pm On Apr 20, 2011
@ tony13, na wao, cement is now N2100 in Enugu, why is it that its on the day I go out hunting that antelopes learn to fly? I didnt buy the cement for today, my customers dont even have any in their shops. This will shoot that theory of 'rainy season cheap prices' to pieces. Iron Rods are also climbing, what did I do to scare these antelopes?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by tony13: 4:33pm On Apr 20, 2011
@ SPYDER880

IS 2,500 AT IBADAN EVEN TODAY
FILLING TEN TON 15,000

I PRAY CEMENT COMES DOWN I NEED YR ADVICE ON GERMAN FLOOR IS BUNGALOW HOUSE,
HOW MANY INCH OR FEET,MY BRICKLAYER SAY 2 INCH OK.
ALSO HOW MANY BLOCK B4 LINTEL AND AFTER LINTEL
IS BUNGALOW.

THANKS FOR INSPIRING.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 4:52pm On Apr 20, 2011
Expenses update, I went out and bought the rods I think will be enough to do my decking today. The breakdown is as follows.
10 pcs of 16mm rods at 2600 = N26,000
20 pcs of 10mm rods x 1100 = N22,000
120 pcs of 12mm rods x 1400 = N168,000
roll of binding wire N 4,500
transport costs N 10,000
loading and offloading N4000

Total N234,500.00

This will bring the total money spent on this house to N 1,391,200.00
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by tony13: 5:12pm On Apr 20, 2011
@ ALL

I NEED YR ADVICE ON GERMAN FLOOR IS BUNGALOW HOUSE,
IS BUNGALOW.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 5:17pm On Apr 20, 2011
tony13:

@ SPYDER880

IS 2,500 AT IBADAN EVEN TODAY
FILLING TEN TON 15,000

I PRAY CEMENT COMES DOWN I NEED YR ADVICE ON GERMAN FLOOR IS BUNGALOW HOUSE,
IS BUNGALOW.

THANKS FOR INSPIRING.

On german floor for bungalows, it depends on where your house sits, if the area is often waterlogged like most parts of Lagos, a very thick German floor is needed, like 8" or even 10", but if its on dry ground like Enugu area, 4" thickness is okay.
The height of your house especially a bungalow is important, it should be very tall. I always like to do 4 blocks before cutting for window level, then 5 blocks for window space, then you do your lintel on the top of the 9th block. After the lintel, place two more blocks on top of it and you are ready for roofing. It should be about 12 coaches high in the shortest sections.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by kem4(m): 5:26pm On Apr 20, 2011
this is the very best topic i have ever read on this forum.
so guys can u help on this, my contractor has so far sunk in 13.5m in this project yet its far from over.
here are some of the pix, what do u guys think am i being ripped off?

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by tony13: 5:31pm On Apr 20, 2011
@ spyder880

thanks i am layman in this pls is it all 12 coach after german floor
german floor is tickness after filling with laterite.

thanks again
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 5:38pm On Apr 20, 2011
tony13:

@ spyder880

thanks i am layman in this pls is it all 12 coach after german floor
german floor is tickness after filling with laterite.

thanks again

Yes, the 12 coaches mean the number of blocks standing on top of each other, counting from the top of the german floor.

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (102)

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year / STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.