Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,356 members, 7,829,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex - Properties (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex (408619 Views)

Construction Of Six Bedroom Duplex At Enugu / The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Six Bedroom Duplex With Guest House And Bq In Ikoyi For Sale! Pix Attached! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (102) (Go Down)

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by kem4(m): 5:51pm On Apr 20, 2011
its a 4 bedrooms down and a masters up stairs. from what i read from spyder i think am wasting money. the amount is inclusive of the fencing and the little security place.

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by kem4(m): 5:53pm On Apr 20, 2011
am right now in town and i have decided to do the rest of the job my self
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by kem4(m): 5:59pm On Apr 20, 2011
Spyder880, please do u have any contact as to somebody who can do a good landscaping job? please do assist
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 6:00pm On Apr 20, 2011
kem4:

its a 4 bedrooms down and a masters up stairs. from what i read from spyder i think am wasting money. the amount is inclusive of the fencing and the little security place.

It looks like a big house, however we need to know the total number of rooms, is every room en suit, like having its own toilet and bath facilities? What is the stage of completion, because I can see some chandelliers, are the rooms very large, what of tiles, and what quality of finishing does it have, what of the toiletries? POP ceiling?
The amount is huge, but this looks like a big house, was the site sandfilled before work commenced?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by kingboy(m): 6:01pm On Apr 20, 2011
spyder8080,am alone and all those that have kept this thread rolling may the good lord make you see the end of your project,not just seeing it but living in it(amen|).

this will be the second topic that has caught my fancy and highly informative
@spyder
im about to build a 5 bedroom duplex i.e a living room and 2 bedroom downstairs and 3 bedroom and a private living room upstairs. i have done the setting of the blocks for the foundation, i have not done the German floor for my bricklayer advise  i put the pillar before the German floor. my question is that he advise that i use a 16mm pillar for the ground floor but a colleague of mine who has finished his says 12 mm will do good, considering the price a 12mm is OK but i need your wealth of advise.

all the site visited i see a 3 coach of blocks before the window but you are saying 4 is good could you make see reason in a layman's language cos i love to do things differently not minding the cost sometimes.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 6:14pm On Apr 20, 2011
kingboy:

spyder8080,am alone and all those that have kept this thread rolling may the good lord make you see the end of your project,not just seeing it but living in it(amen|).

this will be the second topic that has caught my fancy and highly informative
@spyder
im about to build a 5 bedroom duplex i.e a living room and 2 bedroom downstairs and 3 bedroom and a private living room upstairs. i have done the setting of the blocks for the foundation, i have not done the German floor for my bricklayer advise  i put the pillar before the German floor. my question is that he advise that i use a 16mm pillar for the ground floor but a colleague of mine who has finished his says 12 mm will do good, considering the price a 12mm is OK but i need your wealth of advise.

all the site visited i see a 3 coach of blocks before the window but you are saying 4 is good could you make see reason in a layman's language cos i love to do things differently not minding the cost sometimes.

I think 12mm rods will be fine for most single storey houses, according to approval plans I have seen before, however your land may have some special characteristics that makes your engineer insist on 16mm. If you must buy 16mm, make sure he uses the 16mm.
On the number of blocks before window level, this is just a matter of choice as I have also seen buildings with 3 blocks before window. 3 blocks aids ventilation but your privacy during 'special actions' is not very guaranteed lol, as people can easily peep through the low window from higher levels. Its a choice thing. If you will cut your window after 3 blocks, then you should top 3 blocks atop the lintel.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by kem4(m): 6:17pm On Apr 20, 2011
spyder man my brother, the house is not so big, 4 bedrooms 12 by 12 standard room the masters is a bit big, 18 by 16 and the leaving space 20 by 17. i understand he used some quality materials like tiles and the masters and leaving space also the dining were screeded but yet i think its too much. if i continue this way, i might end up spending 20m for this project.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by kingboy(m): 6:36pm On Apr 20, 2011
spyder
thanks for the info, will upload the kind of land it is and will ask him why the 16mm instead of the 12mm. will let you know his response.
good nite
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by spyder880(m): 6:44pm On Apr 20, 2011
If so, its not really a very big house and I must admit, finishing do consume a lot of money. But I should think that N10-11m can do a house to that your current stage, including the fence and gate house.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by steo: 3:00am On Apr 21, 2011
Hi All,

I am new to this forum and delighted to come accross this topic. To say it's very insightful is an understatement.

Thanks to you spyder8080 for starting up the top, and also to am-alone and many others for your contributions.

I will be starting up my decking late May and currently trying to get as much information as position. This topic will altimately give me a very good price guardline when it comes negotiating for both material and labour.

Thank you all,
Steo

1 Like

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by steo: 4:00am On Apr 21, 2011
@Prince Onx & Spyder

I think both of you are spot on with your decking estimate!! My decking quote is just above 2 million.

@ Price Onx
I have almost the same project as you. Mine is two 3 bedroom apartments and a duplex, all join together like a twin duplex. I have similar decking material quotation as you with just some variation in carpenter work and Iron work.
Where in Lagos are you building? And is it possible to get the contact details of both the carpenter and Iron bender you made you used? I would love to speak to them. I love shopping around!!

Thanks,
Steo
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by kuntash: 7:57am On Apr 21, 2011
spyder880:

If so, its not really a very big house and I must admit, finishing do consume a lot of money. But I should think that N10-11m can do a house to that your current stage, including the fence and gate house.

Spyder, for u to cost it @ 10-11million and the owner says he has spent 13m or so, I think its a fair deal, cos I tried challenge ur cost when I wanted to start my foundation, I realized I no near u @ all even though I was there thru out and monitored it all thru,

Note that there are some tiles that are quite expensive, like those granite tiles, the sitting room alone could cost over a million just to fix such tiles,
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by coss75: 2:16pm On Apr 21, 2011
@ spyder please when you have time can you post house with penth house. It cost me N120,000 just for the plan. As soon as i receive the plan i will post it here as well. Due to unstable nature of building matrials i have decided to buy materials first before building the house. so far i have molded about 8500 (4000 non-hollow and 4500 hollow), bought gravel (5tipper), stone (4tipper), sand (20tipper), rod (different sizes) N250,000. Fencing is already done including security house. Bought 2 tanks for water. My builder is saying that he will charge me N1,000,000 just for labour, i have not replied him yet i told him to give me time to save money for cement and we will talk. Mind you the house is 2bedrooms with palour on the down floor, 4 rooms upstairs with palour,penth-house is 1room with it's convinence. All rooms has its own toilet,bath and walk-in closets. Any advice generally.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Demainman1: 5:27pm On Apr 21, 2011
Guys where is Am Alone?
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by princeonx: 6:00pm On Apr 21, 2011
@ steo: drop your email add. I will get their contact number from my brother or have you contact my brother for it.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by bisanjay: 6:41pm On Apr 21, 2011
@prince onx,

i'm interested in your carpenter, pls give contact number for a chat with him regarding my project in ojodu area of lagos. i am fasinated by your woodwork and carpentry job contract.

i've been on the look out for images of your house, when shall we see it pls. i can't wait to see
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by debbydave: 7:31pm On Apr 21, 2011
@kem4

I love your design, where is the property located and can u introduce ur architect to me. My e-mail is donadeko2002@gmail.com.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 7:42pm On Apr 21, 2011
@ ALL I AM BACK!!! grin grin grin
!@ Demain_man, Sorry man, I was a bit busy, I came online yesterday but could not post anything as the server was very slow.
I am back! wink I have seen alot of things gone so far!
Anyways! Peace to y'all!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 7:46pm On Apr 21, 2011
@
kuntash:

Spyder, for u to cost it @ 10-11million and the owner says he has spent 13m or so, I think its a fair deal, cos I tried challenge your cost when I wanted to start my foundation, I realized I no near u @ all even though I was there thru out and monitored it all thru,

Note that there are some tiles that are quite expensive, like those granite tiles, the sitting room alone could cost over a million just to fix such tiles,

Bros Kuntash & All, forget it, even if you have a 50yrs experience, Let me tell you; you can't beat spyder cost! -- Tru talk! except you are building in Enugu, and you are following his procedures!!!
Peace!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 8:00pm On Apr 21, 2011
@ Bros Kem4,
To be honest with you, that house can't worth more than 10 million in Lagos(anywhere in Lagos, except was build in Lagos Island! Ikoyi, Lekki or any of those top places here in Lagos). But if it is in this normal Lagos, they can't spend more than 10million so far!).
I love the design of the house, but I also like you to know from what I can see in the picture; It is a small house. Very attractive, but small. And I can bet that the contract must have gained up to 5million on this project alone.

The toilet accessories are not the best(the wall tiles is very okay though!). But the accessories are not the best for you 13m.
And even for 10million, he is suppose to install security doors for you(even if its china), not wooden doors.
Poor/ fence designs too. But a very lovely house - just too small.
Man, see tru talk, that guy done make up to 5million for your head!
10million will build this for a professional! 13.5million is for a novice!
Considering the fact that cement price just went up, that contractor must have
gained alot more.
Anyways, the good new is that, if you land is say 2million, you can sell that house for 17million if it is in Lagos in around 2 yrs  wink
Peace.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by princeonx: 8:04pm On Apr 21, 2011
@bisanjay: my project is in Aboru and that is where both the carpenter and people I rented the planks from are located. I believe you should have people that hire planks or hire and do both the carpentry work around Ojodu. Hiring and transporting the planks to Ojodu from Aboru and back when done might cost you a lot. The iron bender too is in Aboru but he can come anywhere you want him to and do his work just plan to pay more.

Drop your email add for their contact information. I can also forward you some pictures of my house, don't really know how to attach it here.

Also, thank God decking is done today. They used about 168 bags of cement out of the 190 I ended up buying saving me 22 bags but I spent more on sand (N30,000) and rods (N65,000).
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 8:14pm On Apr 21, 2011
The roofing of my house commence two day ago.
And from the look of things, it is going to take 2 more
extra days. I just hope you like the finish product of the roofing sheet.
Total money spent on the roofing sheet alone is 1,466,000.00

435m2 of Stone coated tiles 870pcs @ 2700 ==== 1,174,500.00
94pcs of angle ridges by 1.45m        @ 1580 ====   148,520.00
3pcs    of power paint black            @ 3000 ====        9000.00
40kg    of stone nail                       @ 3000 ====     12,000.00
20meter of aluminum verda brion for gutter @ 1100 == 22,000.00
Tranportation ======                                  ===     15,000.00
Installation @ 200 per square meter ========            85,000.00

Total paid: 1,466,000.00

This is the best I could do! I tried my very best, some places I went, the
roofing sheet goes for as much as 3,480 per square meter.
But i got is for 2,700.00 and the thickness is 4.5mm which is the highest guage(as i was informed)
for the stone coated roofing sheet. The 4mm is a bit lighter. But the 4.5mm is quite better.
But again, you can compare it to aluminum even 7mm thickness. Stone coated is far thicker and heavier!
Peace
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 8:15pm On Apr 21, 2011
the house as at yesterday!

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 8:16pm On Apr 21, 2011
I will post the updated pictures tomorrow

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 8:21pm On Apr 21, 2011
It comes in little pieces like this.
Two of these below makes a square meter.
Peace!!!!

Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by princeonx: 8:26pm On Apr 21, 2011
@Am Alone: You guys should consider yourseves very lucky for being around, available, and handling your projects yourself. Its a whole different thing when you are based outside Nigeria. One thing you should know is even when/if you build two houses with every single thing the same, on the same plot of land, by the same contractors, the price will NEVER EVER be the same. 10M, 11M, or even 12M in a project are almost the same depending on what and what you're calculating. Some folks here are adding their plot cost, omo onile fee to every money spent while some are not even adding material transportation cost. Someone like spyder880 is a very detailed person and he adds every single kobo while someone like me simply go by my invoice, I will just tell you I bought cement for N50,000 forgetting the N7,000 I paid to get it to my site.

And simply out of curiosity, (I no get power for debate, lecture or fight) who do you consider every material or stuff used by someone else other than you as cheap, fake, china, or low quality? have you ever thought that something somewhere is better than what you call best. The toilet accessories you called cheap and not the best look way better than most toilets here in the US. The one in my house here in US including the floor are fiber/plastic tiles and honestly don't look as good as that. I would think it better to find out where the project is, find out if land cost is included, and which contractor before passing judgement. na so me I see am!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Whitehorse: 8:28pm On Apr 21, 2011
@Am Alone

I "jisoro" this your house o, its looking better and better everyday. God's grace my brother!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 8:36pm On Apr 21, 2011
prince_onx:

@Am Alone: You guys should consider yourseves very lucky for being around, available, and handling your projects yourself. Its a whole different thing when you are based outside Nigeria. One thing you should know is even when/if you build two houses with every single thing the same, on the same plot of land, by the same contractors, the price will NEVER EVER be the same. 10M, 11M, or even 12M in a project are almost the same depending on what and what you're calculating. Some folks here are adding their plot cost, omo onile fee to every money spent while some are not even adding material transportation cost. Someone like spyder880 is a very detailed person and he adds every single kobo while someone like me simply go by my invoice, I will just tell you I bought cement for N50,000 forgetting the N7,000 I paid to get it to my site.

And simply out of curiosity, (I no get power for debate, lecture or fight) who do you consider every material of stuff used by someone else other than you as cheap, fake, china, or low quality? have you ever thought that something somewhere is better than what you call best. The toilet accessories you called cheap and not the best look way better than most toilets here in the US. The one in my house here in US including the floor are fiber/plastic tiles and honestly don't look as good as that. I would think it better to find out where the project is, find out if land cost is included, and which contractor before passing judgement. na so me I see am!

Bros, I want him to know the truth!!! That house can be built for even 30 million
depending on the finishing. If you know something, say!
the house is magnificent. If it was much bigger, it would have worth that cash!
I love the toilet. But I mentioned the tiles used was not the best for that amount
And when it comes to detail, I give all my best. I have paid all my omonile dues right even before I start
digging my foundation. It cost me over 200k. and it is inside my the above mentioned money man. . . .
the roffing of my house alone, I paid 70k!
Bros, if that house was built is 13.5million, and the contractor is a very honest person, you sure will love it more!

Peace!!!
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by princeonx: 8:46pm On Apr 21, 2011
@Am Alone: nothing do you cool only say na person like you go find fault for that kind house! I know people here wey done send some millions to naija and house never pass 4 blocks high. Good luck to all of us and those wey still dey plan to start.
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 8:51pm On Apr 21, 2011
I am starting my fence on tomorrow,

I went to book 2000 block 6" @ 130 per one(best price I could get)
paid for 2 tippers of sharp sand @ 20,000 per tipper(10ton)[I have gotten a supplier for dredging sand for 20k per 10ton. This price is
unbeatable!!!!! I was paid 24k before, and later got 22k which is the price everywhere. But now I have got a supplier that can give me for 20k, this is because the man owns the truck. The normal price is 22k at best!!)
and paid 220,000 for 100 bags of cement @ 2,200 including tranportation.
I am paying 8k for the digging(1 foot 6" deep for the fence)
and the bricklayer is taking 55k for the fence. I will be the one to do the casting as well.
Total: #583,000( I will add this to my total soonest!)

@ Prince_onx
Sorry sir! But above all, i said its a lovely house na!!!! grin
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by AmAlone: 8:54pm On Apr 21, 2011
I did some little works on my house and it cost me a total of 21,000 including cement

21,000 + 6,213,870
Net Total: 6,234,870.00
Re: The Real Cost Of Building A Six Bedroom Duplex by Demainman1: 8:55pm On Apr 21, 2011
@Am Alone, Welcome back my guy. I have kind of missed your contribution on this thread you know.  grin I sure say you bring better for us ur boys grin

I am loving ur house roof a lot. waoh

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (102)

Don't Be A Victim. Investigate Every Property Before You Buy Any Land This Year / STONE CLADDING,STONEWORK,VENEER STONE,VENEER BRICKS FOR NIGERIA BUILDINGS✯✯✯✯✯☸☸ / Roofing Sheets: The Cost Of Various Types Of Roofing Sheet In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.