Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,320 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? (48789 Views)

What My Wife Did Yesterday That Made Me Realize She's Special / How Much Is Reasonable Enough To Give Your Spouse Monthly? / If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by iCauseTrouble: 4:28pm On Aug 23, 2020
sad
Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 4:28pm On Aug 23, 2020
UyaiIncomparabl:

Nope. Should be the other way round. Stop churning BS advice to suit your gender.
Why are you getting old every day

4 Likes

Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by Tedpgrass: 4:28pm On Aug 23, 2020
pythondance2020:
Just before any relationship comes to an end, there are certain sure signs we begin to notice that the love is completely dead and there is nothing to hang on to anymore. This is a thread to help those in such relationships that are on the brink of collapse to have an idea so that they can brace themselves for life ahead.

Mine was within the first few months of my marriage, my wife suddenly became obstinate and started going to her parents house whenever we had an argument and would never call back till I called her to please come back and soon after she announced her plans to migrate to another country for good on one of those her return visits from her parents house.
At this point I realized I was alone and had to start planning my life ahead without her.

Please tell your experience, it may not necessarily be someone you were married to, any form of relationship would still fit in.
It could be an ex boyfriend/girlfriend, fiancee etc

Truthfully
I don't think she really Loved you

4 Likes

Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by Emeritus001(m): 4:28pm On Aug 23, 2020
As soon as she stop being romantic, my friend you are in for a long trouble. Depression and fear will set in.

11 Likes

Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by tchidi066(f): 4:29pm On Aug 23, 2020
Well i don't expect much in relationships, If it goes on well, fine, if not, i move on, time no dey

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by Karmatyra(f): 4:29pm On Aug 23, 2020
They didn't.
Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by Goldenheart(m): 4:30pm On Aug 23, 2020
Even before e see sign... alaye tii move on cry

8 Likes

Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by Lady16(f): 4:31pm On Aug 23, 2020
Hmm this deep make i sit-down read comments

1 Like

Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by na2016: 4:31pm On Aug 23, 2020
Beckham14:
I see it as stupidity...No need for the attitude or pretence. Just say you don't want anymore, it's really that simple.

Exactly!!
Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by udemzyudex(m): 4:32pm On Aug 23, 2020
GboyegaD:
I guess people just grow apart sometimes.

Falling out of love.

Listen to that song by chiké.

2 Likes

Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by jericco1(m): 4:32pm On Aug 23, 2020
I can't remember
Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by LastProphet: 4:33pm On Aug 23, 2020
Attraction never lasts forever, the hot love cools down over time and you become like relatives, is as simple as that. Anyone telling you anything different is a joker looking for gullible fans. Spouse don't stop loving you, they just get used to you and it's not a crime. Only Hollywood film marriages last forever

94 Likes 8 Shares

Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by Tedpgrass: 4:34pm On Aug 23, 2020
Klass99:
My classmate's story when we were @ University. I'll call her Nengi because she was just as hot as the BBN housemate (if not hotter sef) cheesy

Nengi was dating a working class guy off campus and would often visit him at his crib, she had some of her stuff at his place as well. She visited one weekend and all her stuff were gone (clothing, toiletries, etc) When she asked where her things were, dude said his crib had been broken into and the thieves made away with her things.

Thieves broke in but somehow only her things were missing! This was the first sign that things weren't right but none of us saw, what was to come. Mike (not his real name) did a 360 degree turn afterwards and started dating one of Nengi's close friends and eventually married her. I don't think they did proper marriage rites cos Nengi's friend got pregnant and moved in with Mike (not his real name) I hear they are still living as man and wife, several years later.

Nengi was devastated because she truly loved Mike and wasn't playing games on him, she also had a good character as far as, I could tell. So, I didn't understand the switch he made either. The shocker for me was the friend he went for. Adams Oshiomole will best describe the girl he ended up with.

Mike had proposed to Nengi prior to all this drama and if I remember correctly, he had gone to see her parents about his intentions. Some people say jazz was involved. I didn't know what to think back then or even now, except, fear men grin

I also would add.. Fear women!!!
Why would you go after your bestie's man or fiancé .. Envy and gluttony overload demonstrated here!!

21 Likes

Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Aug 23, 2020
Very few people possess that rare quality called love.
When it comes to relationships, 99.9% of negroes are only after nyash and breast from someone they see as a slave with benefit. While females are after money and comfort from a $perm bank since the motive of negroes are clear for all to see.

Deal with it.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by lifenija: 4:35pm On Aug 23, 2020
Klass99:
My classmate's story when we were @ University. I'll call her Nengi because she was just as hot as the BBN housemate (if not hotter sef) cheesy

Nengi was dating a working class guy off campus and would often visit him at his crib, she had some of her stuff at his place as well. She visited one weekend and all her stuff were gone (clothing, toiletries, etc) When she asked where her things were, dude said his crib had been broken into and the thieves made away with her things.

Thieves broke in but somehow only her things were missing! This was the first sign that things weren't right but none of us saw, what was to come. Mike (not his real name) did a 360 degree turn afterwards and started dating one of Nengi's close friends and eventually married her. I don't think they did proper marriage rites cos Nengi's friend got pregnant and moved in with Mike (not his real name) I hear they are still living as man and wife, several years later.

Nengi was devastated because she truly loved Mike and wasn't playing games on him, she also had a good character as far as, I could tell. So, I didn't understand the switch he made either. The shocker for me was the friend he went for. Adams Oshiomole will best describe the girl he ended up with.

Mike had proposed to Nengi prior to all this drama and if I remember correctly, he had gone to see her parents about his intentions. Some people say jazz was involved. I didn't know what to think back then or even now, except, fear men grin
lame story ever very lame

6 Likes

Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by PoliticallyInco: 4:35pm On Aug 23, 2020
One I know recently got introduced to a guy overseas.

She has had a boyfriend who is a computer Science graduate from University of Benin. The guy is hustling, trying to set himself up as a young graduate. Now the girl gets introduced to a guy overseas (he resides in the US) by an older in-law/relative who is also in the USA. She hadn't even gotten to know this guy well and what his intentions are, etc. She had barely talked to this guy for one week.Suddenly she rushes to break up with the Uniben /Nigerian guy. She did not even bother to consult the person who introduced her to this guy. She felt she could do it on her own. This Nigerian guy called and begged and even cried. It got so bad she will give the phone to her young relative (a little girl) to tell the guy that she is no longer interested in him but in the most insulting and derogatory tone. This young gun kept calling. I wondered at how simpish he was. What he doesn't know is that God has just allowed him dodge a bullet. Because she would have abandoned him in future if she met someone better.

Finally, the overseas guy tells her that he doesn't think their religious differences will be nice in a relationship such as marriage. Then she starts begging the overseas guy. Trying to convince him that it can work out fine. She was left devasted for days. Nigerian guy, she lost. American guy, she also lost. What the overseas guy did not know is that she was initially insulting him in Nigeria and calling him all sort of names when he initially asked for her facebook profile/whatsApp number. She would chat with her sisters on WhatsApp and insult him calling him names. But once she got to see his status and realized the prospects of marrying someone legally based in the US and getting US residency her "long throat" went into overdrive. Her greed played out. Well I hope he doesn't also stupidly take her back or consider her either. Who knows maybe the Nigerian guy will be stupid enough to have her back. But the overseas guy should also count himself lucky. He also dodged a bullet. Because if she can abandon a guy she has been dating for almost a year for a guy in the US she barely met within 2 weeks, then she is a really horrible person and a gold digger. She is living on primal/animal instinct and is very unreasonable. Whatever happens I wish her and them well.

What I want people to know is that the withdrawal of affection or love can either be sudden or happen over a long time. It can be acute or chronic. In anyway it can either be mainly your fault or the person's. But do we ever tell ourselves the truth? So it may be difficult to know the exact time. Especially if it is chronic.

Also, because we feel we have invested a lot into these relationships, we feel we are in too deep to go back. We have sacrificed a lot, so we keep staying in loveless relationships. If a lady says she doesn't want, leave her alone. Don't go begging to be loved. Don't go grovelling. When someone loves you after you have begged and snorted phlegm, that isn't love! That is slavery.

For a husband and wife it becomes difficult as they have to be up in each others faces. One thing that first goes is communication. Especially physical. One of the earliest is facial expression and interest in your presence. Your being there. Once that goes, physical contact goes, then verbal communication goes too then you have two strangers in the house. Marriage is based on Friendship and mutual two way Interest. Once friendship goes, forget interest. Interest becomes one way traffic. At that point the one withdrawing affection is simply using the other person. This is objective and without prejudice to who is guilty or who caused the problem.

126 Likes 11 Shares

Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by Offpoint: 4:35pm On Aug 23, 2020
I'm single grin

4 Likes

Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by bigdammyj: 4:36pm On Aug 23, 2020
8 months into our marriage and we're six years now still living together though, but no love

8 Likes

Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by Deborah98(f): 4:36pm On Aug 23, 2020
Once you stop loving me,I kukuma stop too,how do you expect me to be wasting my love,but I like attention too grin

3 Likes

Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by Mexyz(m): 4:36pm On Aug 23, 2020
udemzyudex:

Falling out of love.

Listen to that song by chiké.
Lol... That guy's songs are specially made for people that are heartbroken...

I love his songs though

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by ZooOga: 4:37pm On Aug 23, 2020
The day I came home early from work and wanted to surprise her.
Guess who got the surprise?
Marriage, never again , but good wishes to happily married couples.

20 Likes

Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by airminem(f): 4:37pm On Aug 23, 2020
Tricky post smiley

1 Like

Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by Deborah98(f): 4:37pm On Aug 23, 2020
bigdammyj:
8 months into our marriage and we're six years now still living together though, but no love
are you serious shocked, how are you coping,they kids nko?
Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by joepepsy(m): 4:38pm On Aug 23, 2020
The day I asked her to support with the bills I have been paying for 15yrs..fear vagina people.
pythondance2020:
Just before any relationship comes to an end, there are certain sure signs we begin to notice that the love is completely dead and there is nothing to hang on to anymore. This is a thread to help those in such relationships that are on the brink of collapse to have an idea so that they can brace themselves for life ahead.

Mine was within the first few months of my marriage, my wife suddenly became obstinate and started going to her parents house whenever we had an argument and would never call back till I called her to please come back and soon after she announced her plans to migrate to another country for good on one of those her return visits from her parents house.
At this point I realized I was alone and had to start planning my life ahead without her.

Please tell your experience, it may not necessarily be someone you were married to, any form of relationship would still fit in.

20 Likes

Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by Deborah98(f): 4:38pm On Aug 23, 2020
Offpoint:
I'm single grin
that's nice undecided
Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 23, 2020
Ishilove:
This is cold...
Not just cold..., evil.
Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by eazzzy1(m): 4:39pm On Aug 23, 2020
Klass99:

I am not Nengi and character never hides itself, it always shows. I've been described as difficult and hard to please. So, if I say someone has a good character from assessments made, based on continuous interaction with them, you best believe me.

What I liked about Nengi was that, with all her beauty she wasn't arrogant or self conceited. She was in her prime with loads of boys/men chasing her but she maintained a level head, pleasant and decent persona.

Guy las las just say, you no get anything to talk and don't try to spin this around as ''only the people in a relationship knows who has good character'' People outside of a relationship can tell good character too.

Lol it’s not the same Joor, Nengi won’t tell you if she was killing him with billing, or denying him sex, or there are things the couple fight about that we aren’t privy to.

She may not have a bad character, but there are some things she and her ex didn’t see eye to eye on or would never compromise on . It could be anal sex, oshiomole gave him anal sex or agreed to a party or let’s him cheat, or agrees to split bills or agrees to the whole chores etc many reasons lol.

Thank God Nengi moved on, Paul wasn’t hers to keep.

35 Likes

Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by ibawon(m): 4:39pm On Aug 23, 2020
When she started comparing me to her Ex

8 Likes

Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by spiceadole: 4:40pm On Aug 23, 2020
pythondance2020:

He started complaining about the busy schedule of my job.Everything I did or said angered him..His response would be "Ehhnn..Because you are making money,you have no respect,no time for me".
It wasn't long he opened up and told me to quit my job before we could get married.
The relationship ended that day.

12 Likes

Re: When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? by emkz: 4:40pm On Aug 23, 2020
OP, it is important to contextualise the concept of "Love". What many "feel" is love is at best a "passion" fuelled by certain things like looks, clothing, wealth, achievement and power. There is hardly ever the genuineness of the soul involved. Love is something deeper. To put things in perspective, find below my response to a question on Nairaland that asked if one can love someone and still cheat.

emkz:
OP, clarify what you understand "love" to mean.

Most times, it is a feeling we feel, more of passion but certainly not love. If you want to understand the meaning of love, watch how a chicken defends her chicks at the risk of its life. How many men do you know, who claim to love their wives, would instinctively give their lives for those they claim to love?

How many?

If you genuinely love your partner, you'd respect them and not cheat. Again, the dynamics of a cheat is not so complex to unravel other than plain stupidity and confusion.

PS: Love is not a feeling, love is not passion, love is not fickle, love is not a temptation, love is not greedy. When you truly love someone, that person would become the centerpiece of your existence. You'd put that person first even above yourself and your needs. You'd bother about how your actions may affect that person. You may look stupid, but you'd jump to take the bullet for that person. That love, provided it is genuine, may even push you to heroic deeds. The things I wrote about are impossible with many of us today. Many go into marriages with the intention of getting a partner to share the bills, many go into marriage for free sex, some to have their financial needs covered, even more do because others are getting married. How many people truly marry for genuine love? To further accentuate the meaning of genuine love, look at the Christ, the Love of God, the Word incarnate; despite all the atrocities we commit, the Lord Jesus Christ has never abandoned us. How many of us strive to be Christ-like in love?

How many can beat their chest in this regard and say "I do". To answer your question, genuine love and betrayal (cheating) are eternally parallel lines: they can never cross each other.

Love is eternal. A mother never stops loving her children and God never stops loving us. So let's be careful before we throw words around.

30 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

DEATH OF Bode Thomas PORTRAYS PRIDE kills, humility spares(A True Life Story) / See What A Madam Did To A Boy In Ilorin For Allegedly Stealing Her N500(pic) / How I Saved My Brother From Marrying Into An Entitled Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.